Reviews of Unico Express@Sukhumvit 3 stars

5.7

5.5

6.1

• Superior Double or Twin Room

their account manager did some miss calculation but that is ok. I have traveled Bangkok regularly i prefer this hotel

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The CR needs a lot of improvement , especially the ventilation, please put some hooks inside the cr so the towles can be hang and also the waterflow of the shower is not that good.

Thumbs up to their housekeeper, they always make sure the room is clean, they make up rooms everyday and the swimming pool is nice too.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I had to change my room due to electricity connection problems and door key problem which is bothering. Also we found some insects in the room no. 2504..

It’s close to hospital and boat services is nearby to go market like Indra square, big c bazar, CentralWorld etc..

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The receptionist made a mistake and gave us a Superior Room, when we had already paid for a Deluxe room. They transferred us to the correct room the next day.

Deluxe room was comfortable, with windows, desk, chairs, place to hang towels, etc. Hotel is close to Bumrungrad Hospital.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It's a great hotel but when I were there they were busy with renovations in & outside the hotel.

5 min. walk from Skytrain station & also great location for night life attractions.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room facilities were poor for the price. No kettle or tea/coffee making facilities, few toiletries and only one large towel each. Breakfast was very poor. Lifts weren't all in operation so we kept having to walk further to go up or down. On the first night there was lots of noise from other guests. We asked then to be quiet and they were but it is a common complaint at the hotel I think. I have been to other Unico hotels and enjoyed their facilities very much - this one was a disappointment by comparison.

Everything was recently renovated so it was very clean and new. The staff tried to be helpful. The location for Bunrungrad Hospital was excellent and that was my reason for choosing the hotel in the first place.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The receptionist treats whatever they feels like, argues and yells all the time! Wasnt expecting this.. receptionist could’ve been better, they treats us even bad when we’re dark skinned. The rooms very a bit pricey too as the toilet was clogging water whenever we took a shower.

The bed was comfortable, and rooms very a bit spacious.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There was no concierge service when we arrived. Nana plaza, terminal 21 is quite far by walking.

The staffs were kind enough to extend our stay and we could pay for the stay once checked out.The food was nice. The deluxed room is very spacious. Good value for money

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast very bad Wifi doesn’t work most of the time Toilet items such as soap , shampoo very low quality and no shower gel

Location Clean Big room

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very confusing room numbering. Other guests had come back to the front desk confused while I was checking in. I soon found out why. Initially went to the wrong side of the building. Nearly entered the wrong room. I still don't understand their 4 digit room numbering for such a relatively small hotel. The room, when eventually found, was basic but clean. The bedside lamp and air conditioning did not work at all, the fridge was not very cold, there is no shelving in the shower so all amenities ended up on the floor, but otherwise it was okay. Oh.. And two of the three elevators weren't working.

Good location with off street parking. Excellent for visiting local establishments like bumrungrad hospital.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Unless you are looking for cheap accommodation don't go for it. If I think of it, it isn't that cheap either. there are plenty of options with the money that you will pay for this crap.

NOTHING

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Air Conditioning installation location at my room was direct air through while sleeping which discomfort at sleep

Location and Swimming Pool & Staffs behaviour

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I'm a frequent client of Unico. Hotel management has changed. Service is getting worse. Some actions are needed to improve the attitude of staff. Wifi became complicated and access was difficult.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Inactive/no wifi. When I asked the receptionist about wifi he refused to help and was very impatient with me. Rooms are not well ventilated and no natural light. Pillows were so fat and thick that it gave me a neck pain in one night.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The wi -fi is slow and sketchy. No English Cannels on the TV( I fully understand that we don’t go to Thailand to watch television but some times it’s good to watch the news.).The room is a bit cramped ,not much room to stow your gear.

Good air con,quiet, safe, secure,and hot ,hot water.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Our room number was 1701, the basin of the washroom was defective. Water was not draining out and the basin was useless. We informed the stuffs of the hotel, they tried to figure out the problem but they failed. On our 4th day at hotel, finally they figured out the problem. We expected that they could have changed our room because i have mentioned it clearly before booking that i need clean room and washroom but they failed to meet my this expectation.

Only the location of the hotel was good

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The AC needed to be cleaned and was noisy. The staff spoke limited English. The pool is small. There were no slippers for the bathroom.

Originally they were going to put me in a room with no windows, but I was placed in another room that had lots of windows and good light after I complained. The room was large, clean, and the bathroom had a shower with good hot water. The bed was comfortable with good linens. There was a security safe and the TV worked well, but had limited English channels. The location is excellent and close to the hospital. You can walk along the canal. There is a hot water kettle in the room.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Your staff did not care one bit about us. And Im a very friendly person. I never complain but this... sorry, but the boy at the breakfast buffet was incredibly rude. Denied me coffee in the morning upon departure even though he had coffee. He refused to serve me coffee. It was 6 in the morning and I had to fly for 14 hours with a small child and he refused to give coffee! Even I offered to pay him. He said he had no coffee, butwhenan elder man camedown suddenly he had coffee.

The bathroom was the best thing about the room

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not enough selection In the restaurant.

Awesome experience watching the ferry boats from the pool area. Close to shops and walking areas in the evening.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bathroom sink blocked it was very disgusting. They did not clear blockage until I check out

I booked deluxe room with city views but there is no windows either I was suffocating in that room very disappointed

• Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel was horrible. It was under full construction,roaches in at least two rooms and I would not recommend anyone to stay here. I tried to get a refund from Booking.com but was unsuccessful. I would never go back to this hotel or recommend to anyone.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms are too small. And room furniture was also kot upto the mark. Most of the tine, there used to be no bell boy to support your check-in & cbeck out. Sfaff was helpfull. But the fascilities are very basuc

Location was great. 5 mins walking distance from Bamrungrad & 10 mins from Nana BTS station.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room keys were not working properly, every time I came out from room, key was not working and they need to open my room with master card key or reset the lock from the system. It was painful. Even they changed my room due to that but problem not resolved.

Staffs were very polite, helpful and cooperative

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I was given worst room, typical when using booking.com no window. Dark unused area of the hotel. Renovations taking place.

Bed was good. Location handy to Bumrungrad hospital. Quiet.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Small room with no balcony or window. Bell boys are not available most of the time.Basic fascility only.

Location is very good. 5 mins walk from Bamrungrad & 15 mins walk from BTS.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Extra pillows charge, dirty electric kettle, I ask them to clean or change they said now no house keeper so you have to clean by yourself. Careless the guest.

Never recommend to anyone

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We are very disappointed to use your service as we were not informed that there is no breakfast included and also the distance from the BTS Nana was very far more 20-25 mins. The hotel was under renovation so the noise, it should inform me before, I will not book this hotel and Aircon is not centration unable to adjust the coolness I was sweating in the room. Later inform the counter to change another room. Pillow was so thin until my neck suffering pain. As your ads advertise no charging book fee but after we make booking there is charging fee. I could not acceptable your company using ads to book your services. I will recommend my friend to use your service

Totally spoil my trip.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel under construction and nowhere does it stated this is happening on the website. I got to my room and the noise was unbearable. I demanded my money back as I wasn't willing to stay there. After 30 minutes of gettting nowhere, I told staff I wasn't leaving without my refund and I wasn't staying in the room either. Long story short I was upgraded to another room where I couldn't hear the noise. The hotel was in the wrong and instead of sorting something out immediately I had to argue. And I saw a lizard in the room just chilling

not much

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It was bang in the middle of a Muslim area of the city and walking around can seem a little intimidating. House keeping staff were impatient to clean the rooms at unreasonable times. The TV in the rooms did not work correctly and showed mainly religious programs when you could get a picture and there was no European content whatsoever available which is unacceptable in this day and age

Not a lot but good for the price WIFI signal was good throughout the hotel

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Early check in policy is too bad. Rooms are not well equipt and not clean enough. Stuffs are not friendly. For bathroom eminities they only provide one shampoo and one small soap. That's it

Easy to access boat to go to shopping malls.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Some towels are very stained and bit smelly, Room service doesn't always change towels, compact room, There were no hangers for cloths, stinky room and walk-way until you switch on the A/C, drain got clogged and it wasn't cleaned/fixed next day, A/C was bit noisy at times and I even woke-up middle of night trying to figure out the loud noise, view from window is blocked by a staircase, no table or chair and on-going construction at main entry door.

Bed sheets and pillows seems clean, unlike some comments I read earlier traffic noise was very low , room is dark enough to sleep if you wish wake-up late and it's a 5 mins walk to Bumrungrad International Hospital.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Zip nothing zero its most boring hotel I have ever stayed in

Nothing but boring and depressing long walk to get food and other thing, rooms are just like cells in Alkatras Jail

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel is under construction ,day time is noisy and can smell some chemicals .Wall in the room was dirty.

Location is good about 10min walk from NANA BTS station (Bangkok sky train )

• Superior Double or Twin Room

3 dirty rooms, first 2 no where near what the website portrays. 3rd pretty bad but closer to the pics. But still no view. Ours was of a brick wall and my friends was screwed shut

The worst hotel experience I have ever had and when I return from my holiday I will be logging a complaint against the hotel via booking.com

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Attitude in the reception was horrible, I've requested for a different room because the Air-con was not working, i was ignored and told they had no rooms. when i returned from a trip and saw that nothing was done about the AC i got upset and confronted them and eventually got a different room. Toilet door would lock and not open. Had to call the maintenance guy several times until he showed up late. I kept on extending my stay due to family members and friends being booked around the location and everything was overbooked. on my last extension i was told by the receptionist not to book through the site as for some reason that was upsetting her. Anyway, horrible experience, but i got what i paid for.

Location, Value (through booking.com) and i had friends booked in a hotel nearby so it was convenient for me.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room smelt of sewerage. No windows in some rooms. Breakfast wasn't very nice. Staff didn't speak very good English.

Fast wifi, good location.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Old design hotel but clean

Good location for family Faithful staff as i had forgot my mobile on lobby sofa at morning which was returned to me at night when i came back to hotel searching my mobile. Value for money

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel is charging for everything i mean everything

Nothing it was waste of money ... rooms are to basic and not wht u see on the photos at all .. and room are too small .

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were very hard to communicate with. We requested two rooms both with 2 single beds but received two rooms with double beds. our room keys didn't work. there was alot of construction going on in the hotel which was loud and inconvenient.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was clean but smelled fresh paint ,bed matelas too hard , no view from window , tv not working only 4 chanels ,lot of noise from renovation understandable , the pool was as big as a spa,

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I've been traveling to Bangkok for so many years and stayed at so many hotels. But this hotel is the worst ever I've stayed in. Bad attitude toward the guests (especially the old lady, and the receptionists). Don't ever recommend to any guests. It charged my credit card without even staying there. So, if you are thinking to book this hotel by your credit card, think again. Don't ever go stay there. You will regret it.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It was the worst hotel I ever booked I couldn't even stay 1 hour after check in and I went back to check out. It looks nothing like the pictures.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Out side the window it was untidy on the roof over the Entry, As there was alterations going on I ignored the situation. I didn't rent the view at the discounted charge I paid.

No, but the bathroom was very clean and new, For value it was excellent,

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I don't like anything. I will never stay

I call to request toilet paper and town three times I didn't get any. I have to look for the mate and ask them.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A lot. Bed rock hard and thin crappy pillows No tea or coffee in room. No mini bar in room and fridge not work No iron No robes or extra pillows or blakets Noisy in room from building works and road.

The pool

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the staffs should have been more approachable and should be attentive at all times. Guest's requests took a long wait before they could give what they need.

the free use of the swimming pool

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

!😕!!!

Notting. Only reson i book hotel becos i like to stay in the rooftop bar an restauran an the only 2 nights im in hotel restaurant closet for private partys an no where els to eat an not even so can make som hot water to coffe. An tv not working so in bed an sleep befor 20.00 bad hotel

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

My "standard" room was filthy, roaches in the bathroom etc. When I went to ask for a different room they told me that was their standard room (3 star hotel)​. They do have nice rooms, but is like they have 2 very different hotels in the same building. My room didn't deserve even half a star.

Location is ok. Not to far away from the elevated train. Most of the staff is nice (not all of them)

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I am very disappointed, I got different room than was on the pictures in website booking.com. In reception they told me that they do don't have another room because I booked cheap one. Room was very very dirty. Is good that I booked that hotel just for one night. Never I gonna back there. Strongly not recommended!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I suggest this hotel for families or couples,not for singles,even no msssage facilities,no room service,just a number 503 for food service, extra guest 600,no smoking area around hotel

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wasn't much to like, under renovation, over priced for what you get, rooms roughly decorated, has an unclean feeling, the pool has wires hanging out from the lights, the staff try hard, but they mostly have to say sorry for the condition of this cheap hotel, it would still be expensive at half the price at the moment, lets hope they get it together, it has a great potential.

Hygiene

Hotel is in renovation, I had the oldest room. I could have a better room, but had to pay twice as much. There are way better hotels for this price level!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Accommodation

Staff were very good but the room was a disgrace Hotel should have paid me to stay there.Would not go back and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Had small construction going on & off. Different choose of people stay there.

I did paid for breakfast, but breakfast was good. It was like a small buffet. The hotel had it's own restaurant. The food great, not expensive. Great choose of food for anyone. The room was what I seen online.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was worst experince with the hotel industry The staff is very unprofessional and they are very dump people dnt know how to Treat customers.

Nothing is there to like.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I had a relly bad stay here! The first room I was given had bedbugs. They changed my room when I informed about it. The noow room I was given was a bit bigger but really unclean. My sheats were broken and had stains on them. Light at the toilet didn't work and the water pressure was really bad (and I know that the water pressure in Asia in general is a bit poor but this was really bad) and it didn't have hot water. I ordered a wake up call before I went to bed. Never got it even though the same person was working in the evening and in the morning. It seemed that she was too busy with her own phone. I know now that this hotel is under renovation. But there was no mentioning in Booking.com when i booked the place. i dont think I would have booked it if I knew. You can get a lot more with 30€/night in Bangkok. This hotel is nit worth it.

Location was okey and the lady that checked me in was really nice and helpful. Wifi was good

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The photos of the room on the website do not reflect the actual room when seen in person. I was gutted to find the room I had book didn't look any were as good as the the one in the site.

Its only the stuff that were awesome other than that, my experience at the hotel was kinda flat

• Superior Double or Twin Room

it was the worst. i remember that i made alot of recommendations in the suggestion form some years back and no improvement was done years later. understaffed dirty room dirty sheets dirty towels and when i checked out called for help with the luggage and nobody showed up. it was the worst.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The badtub was rather dirty, the floor wasn't to clean either.

It was okay for the money. There was a window that looked out into a shaft? The window didn't close all the way so there was a lot of noice from the street. Otherwise the room was spacious, separate bath and toilet!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I don't like the staffs since they won't let us check in until we paid the room when in fact they already transacted the payment few days ago in my credit card. The staffs should be knowledgeable enough.

The standard room I was given had a view of scaffolding, the bed sheets, curtains, walls, table and floor were dirty. The air conditioner had no controls and was either on or off this was also filthy. The sink plug hole had so much hair and gunge in it it filled the sink with dirty water without putting the plug in. I asked for these things to be cleaned and it took two days. My friends booked a superior room with a city view and were given a tiny box room with no window and they found a dead cochroach. They were moved to a room more fitting the advertised description after we asked for a refund. The pool area is nice but gets little sun. However building work in the hotels meant it was noisy and we were only meters from people welding girders together.

The deluxe rooms are nice, freshly decorated and comfortable, most staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms weren't the best ..it was basic and not the worst ... but hey you get what you pay for 😉

The location was walking distance to terminal 21 shopping centre ... The staff were really friendly

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel Staff treated us like garbage. They were very rude!! Next time even if i was paid to stay there, i would decline the offer. Worst hotel i have stayed in my 14 years of travel. I booked the place for 10 nights and we checked out after 7 nights as we did not have sound sleep for a single night. The hotel is a revolving door for prostitutes and escorts. There were guests yelling & crying in the middle of the night and kept us up for few nights. Just because we booked standard rooms, we were treated like 3rd class citizens and gave us some tiny, filthy, insect infested rooms without any window. We had to beg for rooms with windows which they finally upgraded us to superior rooms after first night and those rooms had insects in them too, so i had to go out and buy insect spray. I asked for 1 twin room during my booking and that wasn't provided either. When we asked for anything at the reception, it seemed like an absolute inconvenience for the staff. I understand it is a low budget hotel and shouldn't expect 5 star service, but the treating their guests like garbage will not last their business for long. A little politeness goes a long way!!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We didn't like the room booked by booking.com and had to upgrade by paying extra money at reception.

Located at Main Sukumvit road, near nana and city center. Pool was good and clean.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms were very basic and old style. We couldn't get a double bed even though we booked one - were told it depended on availability of when we arrived. The staff were quite rude and the food wasn't very good at all. They wanted 200B extra for the same room if we wanted to stay on which I thought was a joke. The reception actually looks lovely but once your upstairs it's a different story. It served its purpose but I wouldn't stay here again.

The location was fine for what we needed - the hospital across the road. It was close to bars and restaurants when we went out at night and they topped up the waters and towels each day.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel uses bait and switch. Wanted room for three and reserved such. Hotel accepts money then claims not to offer these rooms. Even after a overseas call the room offered did not exist. Demanded more money for "upgrade".

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Opted for a 2 single bed room, but hotel provided with 1 bed only (saying there is no availability. Seems like they lied), apart from the fact that the room was dirty, shower broken, and sheets in bed seems like it hasn't been changed for a week or so... Overall the room.is cramped and pathetic!!!!

Paid breakfast. Small outdoor swimming pool. Area seems nice in the reception only.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

First off, the receptionist wasn't helpful and her behavior was almost rude. The room was very small and didn't even have a cupboard or a wardrobe closet. At one point I had asked for a spoon from room service and they said I could only get one if I placed an order for food.

Well, this property isn't the most luxurious, but since I personally didn't spend any time at the room, it served my purpose as the location is pretty central and is located in close proximity to the Nana bts station.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was the second time, and the same standard room now had no desk or table like the previous booking, no bathtub and the shower was faulty. Staffs were as usual boring to death.

Like the first time we had swimming pool, decent breakfast, good room service.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very noisy area, the hotel isn't close to a main road and it was complicated to sleep, plus old aircon didn't work properly and couldn't sleep as the room were too hot. Raised the complaint with the rude manager but he has just offer me to get a refund instead of dealing with it more professionally.

Great location, lots of commercial options, bars, restaurants etc.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel pictures are deceiving. My room was very bad. Small room, no control temperature, extremely noisy; everything from outside could be heard in room. There are many more hotels with better conditions. I would not stay at this hotel even if I was payed to stay. You have been warned! Stay away from this place!

Wifi signal was good.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

(room type "Superior Double or Twin Room") Providing kettle without tea cups and spoon. No complementary tea bags, coffe and suger. When i ask for it they say i have to pay extra charge!! And when i ask for the tea cups and spoon they say i have to pay as well extra charge!!! The hotel dont offer iron in the room not even laundry service in the hotel!!

Only wifi was good...

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Initially on the website Breakfast was shown as included in the price. Once booked the Credit Card was swiped directly and hence could not cancel ( if cancelled then there would be charge for cancellation) which was not indicated.

Nothing to talk about

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A little far from nana station and summing pool was not able to use as few peoples was summing their with complete cloths. Hotel keep you informed to leave room before 12pm and never let you check in before 2pm that's I hate most

Room was clean and comfortable value of money

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Sukhumvit Soi 3 is mini Middle East!! Full of middle eastern people. If you wish to experience Middle Eastern country environment, highly recommended.. Staffs at the receptionist is a bit not guest friendly, might be due to so much of work. Quite disappointing. Room cleaning service is too late. When I was sleeping afternoon around 3pm, the cleaners were knocking the door to clean up the room.

The room was good!! Comfortable bed..

Browse Unico Express@Sukhumvit traveller photo gallery