Reviews of Majestic Grande Hotel 4 stars

12 Sukhumvit Soi 2, Khlong Toei, 10110 Bangkok, Thailand

#544 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

• Grande Superior King Room

Hotel is undergoing renovations on the ground floor. No lobby bar and no restaurant. Let’s hope that it’ll be rectified after work is completed in 2019.

Location, cleanliness, friendly staff

• Grande Superior King Room

The receptionist staff are very arrogant not smiling not regards to the customer I am really disappointed whith receptionist service especial when we check in on Friday, June 8 on the morning the girl assist for the check in was terrible hope the hotel can improve the service.

the concierge staff are very polite and helpful and location is fantastic

• Grande Superior King Room

First room did slightly smell damp, think from the air conditioning.

Amazing location only meters from Nana plaza, and a few minutes from Nana BTS for the sky train around Bangkok. Hotel under some renovation but didn’t really impact the guests. The staff are really friendly and always greet you with a smile. I actually extended my stay here as I felt comfortable here. Good selection of English movie channels and the internet worked well.

• Grande Superior King Room

The AC in the room was rather noisy even at the lowest fan speed. The WiFi in the room was slow and irregular. So, i had to take my laptop to the lobby bar where the signal was very good. Still, not so comfortable.

Nice buffet breakfast with a lot of choices for Thai, Indian and western food. Friendly staff. Possibility to leave luggage behind for several days.

• Grande Superior King Room

Majestic Grande Hotel is my favorite hotel in Bangkok. The hotel location is perfect and close to Sukhumvit street and metro stations. Check in and out was fast. Room was clean and service was good. Wifi is good. Staff polite and helpful. I stayed several times in hotel and will stay again in next trip to Bangkok.

• Grande Superior King Room

The hotel should get rid of the shady guys trying to rip you off every single time you step out of the hotel. It doesn't look good and feels like the hotel gets a cut from them. Not cool

Staff was great. They were very helpful and polite. I stayed here 2 years ago and I am glad I chose here again.

• Grande Premier Room - Non-Smoking

Wouldn't change a thing,everything was very good

Great experience,great hotel,staff very friendly,excellent breakfast,good facilities,very clean rooms,defiantly stop again 👍👍👍

• Grande Deluxe King Room

Just one restaurant. Indian.

I always stay at this hotel in Bangkok; this was perhaps my tenth time. Why? 1. A very friendly staff. They always save my favourite room for me. 2. Excellent location. 3. Good breakfast. 4. John Gordon on the grand piano in the lobby every evening.

• Grande Superior King Room

The cleanliness wasn’t great. The bathroom mirror was covered in toothpaste splatter when we moved in. The whole room was a little tired looking and the rug under the bed could do with a good clean. Would probably choose a different place for that amount of money next time.

The location - if you’re after a busy nightlife - is brilliant. The breakfast bar choice of foods and the fact you can eat it outside by the pool is awesome.

• Grande Premier Room - Non-Smoking

Carpets in communal areas looked a bit grubby. Swimming pool is small and mostly shaded.

Buffet breakfast is good with lots of choice. Large lobby area with resident pianist in the afternoon. Rooms are spacious and bed was comfortable with a firm mattress.

• Grande Premier Room - Non-Smoking

In my previous review, I explained the problem I encountered during my stay. Within 24 hours of my review, I received a written apology from the Front Desk Manager and a promise that should I stay again he would personally make it up to me. Excellent management skills the response was prompt and the tone of his email impressive. I will be staying at this hotel on my next visit to Bangkok.

• Grande Superior King Room

I have stayed at this hotel every year for 4 years but on this occasion, it was ruined by a staff member. I booked in October 2017 and requested a walk in shower for April 20th 2018 on check-in I was told yes I had a walk-in shower. The room did not have a walk-in shower but thought I would make do. After taking a shower the water would not turn off, I called reception and explained suddenly her English was not so good. After several attempts to make her understand her response was yeah, yeah, yeah and she hung up. 10 minutes later I went to reception to ask when they would be fixing the water as I wanted to go to bed as I had been travelling for 36 hours. They said they knew nothing about the water problem. They did send someone to my room who fixed the tap. I did ask for a change of room on the basis that it had no walk-in shower and the tap was obviously not working properly. I was ignored. I booked the Grande Superior King room I was actually given an inferior room on 11th floor. All in all, I will unfortunately not be staying at this hotel anymore. I wonder if they will respond to this review an apology would be very welcome.

Breakfast was excellent very wide choice

They did not have enough Arabic food specially for breakfast I recommend them to have on breakfast fall and other Arabic dishes Adas chapati Lebonese bread

Hospitality

• Grande Superior King Room

The bathroom could use a bit of attention, grout and a paint job. The small rug around the bed needed to be vaccumed

Great location. Close to subway/train close to the action (bars, restuurants,street food)

• Grande Superior King Room

Hotel was really amazing .. nice location and closer to the main road and other destination .. few minutes walk from train station and also for window shopping.

• Grande Superior King Room

1. I extended my stay by 3-days after having been here for 3-days, and stayed in the same room. I would have expected new linen to be placed on the bed. 2. The door in the bathroom keeps on closing : It can't be fixed while I'm there, but please pay attention when I'm gone.

Location, gym, calm atmosphere. Staff general ability to speak good conversational English.

• Grande Superior King Room

A real goat rope trying to arrange transportation from airport. Finally was told I had to contact 3rd party and provide them credit card and itinerary. I thought this what hotel was supposed to do! Made my own arrangements. Room service cannot be charged to room must pay cash. No ice if you want to make a drink. Small refrigerator filled with mini bar stuff and no room for personal items. Rug under bed had not been vacuumed for probably weeks. Saw chips and such that we did not spill there. Provided credit card 3 times, upon reservation, upon arrival and upon departure. The more times they copy my info the more likely it is to be compromised. A comfortable hotel but not 4-star. No ambiance. I could rent a comparable room on the next street for half the price.

Bed was comfy. People friendly enough

• Grande Premier Room - Non-Smoking

Very poor WiFi. Crowded and small breakfast room; staff not serving coffee but running around to sit people down.

The croissants and the crispy bacon at breakfast. The location in the heart of the city.

• Grande Premier Room - Non-Smoking

No WIFI in the rooms. We stayed for 2 nights and toiletries would not be replenished. The breakfast although a lot of choice was badly cooked, cold and took too long to arrive. Coffee was just colored water. Staff were rude. Concierge refused to book taxis and insisted arranging taxis with high fixed fair - 200bht to go 300m! Reception staff found it difficult to help, as if it was too much for them to supply you with a WIFI code in reception.

• Grande Superior King Room

The hotel is slowing going downhill. Example: Toilets run forever when flushed. Little things are not repaired or updated. Door locks do not always work. Carpets need real cleaning not just a daily swipe with a vacuum cleaner.

• Grande Superior King Room

Variety of good available but not to my liking.Had dinner in the evening there and ordered fish and chip but disappointed with the fish which is not crispy as I normally had.

• Grande Premier Room - Non-Smoking

Can't really say as all was good, if i had to say something negative if you want to swim then the swimming pool is not ideal but that's all.

My first time at this hotel, the staff were very friendly, requested extra bathroom supplies (tooth brush etc.) and it was there in minutes, the hotel is very clean and in a good location for travelling, the metro is also very convenient.

• Grande Superior King Room

First off let me preface I am not squeamish. I’ve been traveling Indo China since ‘07. I stay in at least 30 hotels a year with very few complaints. The hotel and the room was spotless EXCEPT for the gross shag carpet that the bed was on. A. It was obviously not vacuumed between room Cleaning’s B. It was dirty. C. Even if you vacuumed a shag carpet it is impossible to get clean. D. Imagine all the human dander and whatnot brewing in that carpet. E. I laid towels on it so I wouldn’t have to walk on it. OWNERS:::Please, you have a nice place, wonderful staff etc. but that gross shag rug is a deal killer. I looked underneath the carpet and there was beautiful marble and wood. All you have to do is REMOVE the carpet. I’ve enclosed photos and will be more than happy to edit my review if you remove the carpets.

Good location. Wonderful staff, very good breakfast. Wonderful Indian restaurant on main floor

• Grande Superior King Room

The staff was a little bit stiff and we had a child and its hard getting the room cleaned when you stay at the hotel most of the time so we asked the cleaner in the hallway if she could take our room next and she replied abit strange and said she he had other rooms to clean before.

The gym, pool and breakfeast area was beatuifull and so, but the pool only has shadow all day witch was abit shame. The water was not to cold tho so was nice to swim.

• Grande Superior Twin Room

Front staff were okay, but not gracious and welcoming. Wish they could have been nicer. Also, the concierge desk, I'm sure, NEVER held the door for me. I wonder if it is because I am a woman?

Nice sauna, hot tub and steam room (although I never used it.) Spacious, nice, clean feeling room. Amazing breakfast. I did find a 3" long dead cockroach under my bed the last morning, which I'm VERY glad I didn't see sooner.

• Grande Superior King Room

Room facing busy highway. We us this hotel when we are in Bangkok. It would be nice to be offered some discount for our loyalty.

Comfortable. Breakfast execellent.

• Grande Premier Room - Non-Smoking

My only criticism of the hotel is the wi fi. On my last three visits it has been very inconsistent. The password for the in room location is always failing. Every time I have had to call the business centre who come to room and put in a router but it still fails far too often. A Hotel of this quality should invest more money to give guests better reception. This would be my only reason to change hotels.

Always a lot of choice. I am allergic to cheese so every time I stay here—and it is many times now— they always grill me some tomatoes without cheese. Two types of bacon—crispy and soft— plenty of fruit and cereals as well as catering for the Asian guests.

• Grande Superior King Room

The area close to the hotel was rowdy at night, I didn’t feel comfortable walking at this time.

The hotel and staff were amazing. The hotel was a short walk to the skytrain which made it easy to get around.

• Grande Superior Twin Room

Although there is wifi in the room and the lobby, it is very slow. We have booked 6 non-smoking rooms but was only offered 3 on arrival. The smoking rooms were a bit smelly, luckily the hotel arranged to have them changed to non-smoking rooms the second day.

The hotel is nice and modern, located in a quiet street yet close to BTS station, shopping areas and entertainment. The staffs are courteous and helpful. The complimentary welcome drinks and fruits were a surprise.

• Grande Superior Twin Room

We had booked 6 non-smoking rooms but unfortunately when we arrived, we were offered only 3 and some of us had to stay in smoking rooms which were a bit smelly. We had also requested a quote of arranging transport from the airport to the hotel on our arrival, but never got a reply.

The complimentary drinks at the lobby bar and welcome fruits were a bit of a surprise. It is so close to the bars and entertainment next street, and easily accessible to the BTS stations and shopping areas.

• Grande Superior King Room

There is separate Spa for man and woman and it was not specified. Jacuzzy was dirty and sauna got stainless still inside. The ask me to leave the table from breakfast restaurant after 5 minutes I was sitting.

The room was ok and the position of the hotel is near to sky train.

• Grande Superior King Room

Not enough English at front desk. Didn’t get to use drink cupon on because limited in hours.

Very nice staff! Comfortable room. WiFi not always good enough. Great location

• Grande Premier Room - Non-Smoking

fantastic room, amazing staff, a really great experience. I was actually sad to leave. The front desk manager and staff were doing all they could to pamper me, great room service and quiet location 50 yards from the midst of things.

• Grande Premier Room - Non-Smoking

The wifi was very spotty in my room, often didn't work. Worked better in the breakfast room. Window cleaners were right outside my window early in the morning: should contract them to work in the afternoons.

Very good choice, the front desk staff were much better than before, more friendly. Nice jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, gym, little pool. Great breakfast, great value. Construction has finished so can walk to Soi 4 easily now.

• Grande Superior King Room

The room is in very good condition Good Breakfast They give me late checkout The location of the hotel is imazing it was close to the main hospital and malls and restaurants that provide halal food

• Grande Superior King Room

I was surprised my booking course without breakfast and this is due to booking.com I always request breakfast I don't know how it did happen however I made an extension to my stay tell December 12th with the breakfast for less money then I paid without breakfast please make note of it I thank you in advance

Friendly atmosphere

• Grande Deluxe King Room

Holidays come to an end and you have to leave

Have stayed at this hotel now about 6 or 7 times. That speaks for itself. Very happy with the hotel, location and staff

Kabab factory

I tried breakfast on 7 th floor but unfortunately i dont like, its not a taste of pakistanis my suggestion is to put more dishes of pakistanis

• Grande Superior King Room

Breakfast was awful. It was obvious that it has been prepared and cooked the day before or may be more. They wasted tones of fresh material by cooking them poorly. You guys seriously need a better chef as the current one clearly has no idea how to cook!

Location and friendly staff.

• Grande Superior King Room

Not much realy. I came back in this hotel for things i like . What give me sometime an uncomfortable feeling is when someone else stand up to open a door for me .( at entrence ) I feel better when open it myself . But i understand for Many customirs this is important though .

Gym , sauna breakfast

• Grande Superior King Room

The room was a bit dated. I was much more satisfied on my previous visit. Could use more western tv stations.

The bed was comfortable. internet access was great!

• Grande Premier Room - Non-Smoking

Taxi hailed by concierge was at set price rather than meter.

Good location to public transport. Breakfast buffet had a good variety, even for vegetarian.

• Grande Premier Room - Non-Smoking

There could be some Indian breakfast which would have been great

Reception staff was very friendly and accommodated me for an early check in .Helped a lot since I had a red eye flight. The room was very well done upgraded and maintained very well. I was visiting this hotel after 7 years

• Grande Superior Twin Room

When u talk to the staff at the reception it feels like they do you a favour.

The location is not very good. Good breakfast. Breakfast cafe staff is ok. Room is ok. Nice small gym and sauna.

• Grande Superior Twin Room

The waiters at the pool were a bit rubbish. Also the Wi-Fi in the lobby was rather useless

We were near the bars at Nana Plaza area. Be warned though that if you don't want to see that part of Thailand it is right on your doorstep. Nice room and facilities.

• Grande Superior King Room

The air conditioner is noisy and hard to adjust . Either too cold or too hot, The pillow is too soft for me . There is no individual shower room and has to shower in a both tub . The shower water is not strong . The staff changes every time , lack of experience and rude,

The Breakfast is good enough . The location is easy access to highways as i travel for busienss outside bangkok

• Grande Deluxe King Room

I didn't stay long enough!

Well located, very professional and friendly staff. I liked the welcome dessert and fruit basket. It definitely added an extra touch. This has been my second visit and I would stay again.

• Grande Deluxe King Room

Centrally located, close to the sky rail

This is now the 5th or 6th time i have now stayed at the hotel. That speaks for itself. I have made many favourable comments for past visits.

• Grande Superior Twin Room

The staff were really great , made me feel very welcome , from the security people outside and the receptionist staff , porters they were all very welcoming

• Grande Superior King Room

Tired and dated needs a refurbish

I stayed at this hotel in 2014 but we found this time, the hotel was very tired looking damp on walls stains on carpets, it just needs a bit of a makeover

no thing

the staff was very friendly, location good, clean , they upgraded the room to deluxe room free of charge, the size of room is good , bed comfortable , every thing is good in this hotel

• Grande Premier Room - Non-Smoking

The halal food was placed together with the non-halal food, making it a bit difficult for Moslem like me.

The ambiance of the hotel is relaxing. The nice touch with 'piano man' playing lovely songs from early evening. Love it!

• Grande Superior King Room

Most of their staff is friendly except for the front desk / reception and business center, and house keeping always forgetting to restock mini bar properly, after making up the room, they’ll forget things as they are and not tidy enough, they dont regularly change pillow sheets and bed cover they just leave it the same, dust compiles in many places and its ignored, i had to change rooms, and they really like to charge for their imaginery Evian bottle.

• Grande Premier Room - Non-Smoking

The steam room was not functioning all the time I was there. Room air con were ridiculously cold despite putting the control to lowest fan and highest temperature. Had to keep the air con off for a lot of times. Rooms were also on the small side but adequately furnished.

Nicely located, on a quiet street but yet only 5 minutes walk to Nana entertainment area and Nana BTS. The sauna, and hot whirlpool were a fine way to end an evening. Good breakfast spread and eating.

• Grande Superior King Room

Food selection in hotels restaurant could have been wider and less fancy.

In a quiet street but literally a 3 minute walk from the hussle and bustle- great location. Never felt unsafe once.

• Grande Superior King Room

Location and room decor. Facilities within and enjoyed listening to the piano player in reception. Easy access to outside dining and walking distance to many shops and malls.

• Grande Deluxe King Room

It looks to me that the hotel lacks a critical volume of guests. The evening buffet has gone, the Fillipino band has gone and both of the restaurants had very few customers. The level of service in the restaurant on the 7th floor was far below expectations. Looks like staff are currently less motivated.

Like the location.

• Grande Superior King Room

Wifi very intermittent so had to use business centre which they charged for use of computer. Breakfast staff excellent but selection of hot food poor for european as concentrating indian and middle east food. No water from 6-11 one day.Limited english tv channels eg no bbc in english.

Great Location,close to bts , Great Gym,Nice beautiful Pool area. Room and Kitchen staff excellent Front desk helpful. Clean rooms with very small fridge.

• Grande Superior King Room

The flooring of the room was a bit dark and dull to me would have been a better color !

The way we were received by the stafff comfortable stay and excellent buffet !

• Grande Premier Room - Non-Smoking

Found some flying insects, 2 days water supply disconnected and yellow water come after no one apologised. Reception staff are rude .

Location,close to everywhere Facilities are good,

• Grande Superior Twin Room

The counter staff at the check in time was very angry and rude There was cockroaches in the toilet The housekeeping staff didn't put towels after room make up

The breakfast and location was excellent

• Grande Deluxe King Room

The resection worker were too rough and unrespctifull theyleft us at the looby for 3 hours before checking in.. ps : I informed them the time of arrival

Everything thing was calm and quiet

• Grande Superior King Room

The local tuk tuks, and some taxi drivers are only interested in taking you to shops where they get fuel vouchers.

The two 'in house' restaurants offered excellent food adn service, there are many places to eat and shop nearby, including exotic nightlife. THe hotel is located in a dead end street so it is easy to walk around the area. Everything is only a short walk.

• Grande Superior King Room

1. There were cockroaches in the room 2. The corridor carpet outside the room was not clean 3. It was difficult to get a taxi from the hotel 4. There was a family in the opposite room where the children were screaming and carrying on well past 03:00 5. We used the hotel travel service to go elephant trecking and crocodile farm. We spent 2 hours at the location but over 4 hours travelling to and from the location - horrendous

The staff were courteous, and the hotel limousine driver who took us to the airport was friendly and very knowledgable.

• Grande Superior King Room

The room along with bath was smaller then expected. I made a query on availability of Halal Food in breakfast through booking.com but was not answered.

Those who want to stay near NANA area (having host of Halal food sources) can regard this hotel as one of the best locations. Good shopping malls (MBK, Central Chitlom, Central world, etc) are near by. The breakfast menu is rich and it includes halal meats (although hotel could make this point, ie availability of Halal food in breakfast, clear to their boarders. I had to ask about this). Staff was reliable.

• Grande Superior Twin Room

Internet Was terrible !!!!!! How come hotel as this in such country, is having extremely bad internet, We asked 3times to fix the issue regarding accessing the internet, it keep dissconnecting alooooot , most of the time it connect but no internet access at all. At the end we went and bought a SIM card with internet package to use the internet in our room.

Location was very good, the stuff were nice,and the rooms were clean. Overall, the hotel was good and I enjoyed my stay,except for the internet access were low quality.

• Grande Superior King Room

Waiting for taxis too long (25 Min). Customer (Arab) too loud. This hotel is not any more a quiet place.

Near to shopping mall. The food in the restaurant (7fh floor) was very good.

• Grande Superior King Room

The beds were a little firm for my liking and they seemed to no longer have BBC World News which I like to have when traveling.

The staff was great, room was clean and comfortable, and the Hotel is in an excellent place for all the action on Sukhumvit.

No complaints at all

Location was first rate, staff were very friendly loved the pool on the 7th floor breakfast was excellent my girlfriend loved the thai breakfast choices I would certainly recommend this hotel 😜

• Grande Superior King Room

Noting I recall not liking. Place is very nice, and price was reasonable.

Hotel is great, room is great, Indian restaurant at lobby level is amazing, good place to stay when visiting the hospital for checkups (walking distance from the hospital) a few meters from restaurants and a street with a lot of entertainment.

• Grande Superior King Room

Reception staff tried to change my room from booked King room to Twin room. When insisted on my booking for King room, they claimed only smoking one is available even though i booked no smoking one due to my mild asthma. Then they gave me a King room afterwards once I showed my booking details.

Hotel was what I expected it to be for the price in Bangkok. Spa and Breakfast area staff were really good and attentive.

• Grande Deluxe King Room

Girls in the reception need to be trained more in English Vocabulary and customer handling . They are not bad , but get confused for no reason.

It is not on the main Road , so much lesser noisy . And Indian Restaurant at Ground floor was added advantage . And my personal choice to carry my own coffee bottle, since none of the Bangkok hotels serves good quality coffee.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Grande Superior King Room

only two lifts for so many floors are not enough, a lot of wasted time in waiting the lift. The concierge staff tried to let me use their transport service with high overcharges. Just walk to Sukhumvit and look for your own transportation.

location: even though you're in the middle of everything, you're a bit behind with quite environement: View from windows is amazing. Staff is very helpful when needed.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Grande Premier Room - Non-Smoking

air conditioner was very cool/cold and uncomfortable

room large and very comfortable--great bed--bathroom great--good breakfast with heaps of choices

• Grande Premier Room - Non-Smoking

Shower - couldn't regulate water, very hot then very cold. Reported when checking out, but don't know if fixed

Variety at breakfast buffet, friendly helpful staff

Browse Majestic Grande Hotel traveller photo gallery