Reviews of Ramada D'MA Bangkok 4 stars

1091/388 New Petchburi Road, Pathumwan, 10400 Bangkok, Thailand

#866 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

The bed was like the cloud.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bed was like the cloud. The hotel is very well managed and the food experience at the hotel was also amazing. The rooms were neat and clean and the location of this place made it a wonderful experience for us,

Gross rooms and baths
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room smelled. The first room we were given was nonsmoking when i paid for smoking room. The secound room water taps did not work so we requested for a change again and was moved to a room that was utterly disgusting. The bath tub was in black color from not being cleaned properly. There were cigarette burn marks on the quilt and mattress. The ac temperature was not controllable. The staff didnt even send our bag to the room so we had to come down to get it all by overself. Worst hotel experience ever. Please don't go there.

Almost perfect
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The attitude of the ladies preparing the omelet was really a disgrace for the F&B service. I observed this during the first day with many guest requesting for an omelet. Having too many guest coming in and out the breakfast hall are no excuse not to maintain composure even if under stress. Housekeeping services have still lot of rooms for improvement. Need to keep in mind the basic principles.

I like the spacious room and location of the hotel. Room has been kept clean during my stay. Signature breakfast of Ramada worldwide is still beyond compare with the same hotel star rating of booking.com. Reception service are commendable which I find in contrast with some of the reviews of other guest. Pro-active actions of F/O and F&B Asst. Managers are worth noting as they have corrected immediately some minor error I raised during check-out.

Average
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Reception staff were not helpful or friendly! Only speaks little English and one guy who checked me out at 4am was rude and arrogant

Room was spacious and clean

Never coming here again!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

(i) The room that we got felt like a coffin. It's window opened to a cemented grey wall. (ii) There was a drilling sound that came consistently every early morning, probably some renovation going on in the nearby room or something. (iii) The television in our room was probably made in 1980s. That's not what you expect in a "4 star" hotel. (iv) The receptionist seemed like the busiest people on planet. They were rude and didn't make us comfortable at all. (v) The staff was rude. They would give you unappealing vibes while you are least interested. (vi) We were told that we cannot spend one minute more than 12pm check-out time when we asked for just 15 minutes. We agreed to what they said because we had no option but they sent the bell boy at 12:30pm. (vii) If you are coming to Bangkok for the 1st time, you will be depressed as hell if you plan on staying in this hotel. Bangkok is better than what they have to offer.

The lobby

Adequate could have been better
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Specifically chose the hotel for the size and shape of pool. The pool didn’t open until 10am, which is when breakfast ended. Everyone knows you don’t swim on a full stomach. I asked the Manager if it could be opened at 8am as I swim at home every morning for a back injury and was told no but would get back to me after a meeting. She never did. The pool was not lifeguarded so couldn’t see a problem. When we could use it there were several Indian guests who spat and blew their noses into the pool, and were generally very loud and disrespectful to others guests. I had to ask 4 times for the room to be hoovered - when it was done the edges of the carpet were still filthy.

The main bed was comfortable. The head waiter was attentive and made us feel special. Liked the size of the pool. The doormen were very attentive.

Overroll everything was nice.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great view from swimming pool.Hotel close to railway station and bayioke sky bar hotel.Friendly staff and nice piano music at hotel restaurant in the evening.

Fantastic
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was just a beautiful hotel because I booked it for my grandmother. But I went here in the summer vacation that is the reason why is told her this hotel is the best.

Excellent as usual!!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The people staying at the hotel - can't say more

The location and the breakfast. My second time to Ramada due to the location and facilities in the area. Next time to Bangkok I will again book Ramada - the best hotel for family, couples and singles.

Location and very clean and breakfast good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff not good with Guest and they speak very rude i strongly request don't Stay in this Hotel Till Staff of reception not know how to Treat with Guest. Otherwise location and cleanliness is good...

Location and very clean and breakfast good

Horrible Hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff management is pathetic, intolerable behavior. Took hours to get my room ready, inspite of checkin in 3hrs after checkin time.. Booked this hotel in good faith and suggestion of booking. Com but i was very disappointed by booking.com

Nothing at hall.

WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE RECEPTIONIST BEHAVIOR THEY...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE RECEPTIONIST BEHAVIOR THEY SHOULD BE LITTLE ECO FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL WITH SMILE ON THEIR FACE THAN ATTITUDE OF BEING POWER HOLDER THEY SHOULDN'T FORGET WE ARE SPENDING ONE OF THE REASON THEY HAVE AUTHORITY (EXAMPLE) USUALLY DUE TO MAJOR FLIGHT TIMING LAND DURING EARLY MORNING SO GUEST DO EXPECT EARLY CHECK IN, ON WHICH FRONT DESK STAFF SHOULD BE VERY GENEROUS TO ASSIST THAN SHOWING GUILD LINES OF CHECK IN HOURS, OTHER THAN THAT LOCATION WAS AMAZING, BREAKFAST AGAIN DISAPPOINTED.

Free WiFi ? What a joke......
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This would rank as one of the worst hotel stays of my life. The room was not clean, toilet/bathroom tiles cracked and needing repair; bed was hard and lumpy, window glass not cleaned. It's location is also not handy to any particular main transport link. All this paled into insignificance given that the WiFi was virtually non-existent for the first 3 days of my 5 day stay. It would take forever to log on and then would last a few seconds to a minute or two and then fail and then you could spend hours trying to get back on. I had to become a full time regular at the excellent little cafe across the road to be able to conduct any business whatsoever. Complaints were met with an unsympathetic "it will be fixed very soon". This gets tired and lame after the 6th or 7th time you get told. After 3 days I had finally had enough. I needed to move to a hotel that could actually provide efficient WiFi. I went to Reception and explained the issue. They were mildly apologetic. On checking the booking they noted that it had been made through Booking.com and was non-refundable. I pointed out that Booking.com had of course paid them in turn for the booking so their responsibility towards my stay still lay with them. The non-refundable part would have been fine if I was changing hotels to suit myself but instead as a business traveler their failure of WiFi service was forcing me to change hotels. They refused to do anything for me when I asked for the balance of my stay to be refunded. In a world of enlightened customer service I could have reasonably asked for the entire stay to be refunded considering my stay was for business and no business could be conducted. They would not accept any responsibility whatsoever. I was told that being a Sunday, no duty manager was present who could authorize a refund anyway. Ramada, you are part of an international hotel chain and you behave like this is Hicksville in 1967.

The breakfast was quite nice

A doubtful stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We got a room at the 22nd floor, so we were hoping to get a nice view. When we got there and opened the curtains, we were looking at a very ugly white wall. Also, they took too much money from my bank-account and it is not that easy to get it back. One of the guys that was checking us in was very unpatient and didn't listen.

Nice swimmingpool and a big buffet for breakfast. It was located around the corner of the Neon Nightmarket, which was a very nice place with a lot of different food and shoppingstands.

I satisfied with house keeping for cleaning my room...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

what annoy me much the cockroaches were on breakfast places.Gym center and swimming pool are closed in announced time for using and also i asked the reception about Wifi problem but they did not resolved my issue and they respond me that this is complentary service not compulsary.

I satisfied with house keeping for cleaning my room completely

Recommended for the price!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Many noisy north Indian tourists at hotel lobby treating it like their homes by shouting (probably not good for other hotel guests). Hotel taxi tries to get commission from hotel guests' payment to tourists spot operators which makes entrance tickets expensive. Hotel Bed was hard.

Location of hotel was good - close to night market and massage parlors. Check in was seamless. Bathroom was big and well equipped. Rooms were clean. TV had a channel I liked. Hotel staff could advice on nearest tourist attractions.

Avoid if you can!

After the entire review, i don't think this question should even be asked!

Very few options for Vegetarians. Food quality leaves too much to be desired. Check in - Check out experience pathetic. Rooms not up to the mark. Instructions in the hotel room are like one is walking into a detention facility, not a star hotel. Uncourteous and confused staff!!

Quite easy to go to the airport and vice versa
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staffs have not bring belongings of customers to the room. I have to do it myself. There are no good restaurant near this property.

Quite easy to go to the airport and vice versa

The promotional offer made it an affordable luxury.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

it took some time to check in... I had to leave the hotel at 5 am to catch my flight.

The hotel was quite comfortable and clean...It was also within walking distance to the train link to the airport.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Good staff working very hard
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Over run by noisy rude bad mannered Indian and Chinese people, shouting in rooms , constant door banging, no chance for peace and quiet at any time of the day or night

Good staff working very hard

Not for flashpacker, more family type hotel or business men.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No shuttle or taxi service to and from train or airport. Lift doesn't work properly. Staff seem to be in on some taxi scams. Hotel is neat and clean, but finishings are a little old. Toilet kept running one evening and sink drain plug got stuck.

Room service food is good, really nice view from room. View from pool was also nice.

Business Trip to Bangkok
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Little information of hotel facilities for the guests. Should pass the information on the available facilities when checkin time.

close to the business districts Bobae Market and China Town. Spacious room, daily room service. staffs were helpful and very friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Recommended
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Lovely hotel, access to the swimming pool was good after shopping. Good location, 20 minute walk to Centreworld shopping centre with other shopping centres in between. Hotel provided a free 6am shuttle to the station for the train link to the airport.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Pleasant stay at an affordable price.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Well after paying for a hotel taxi (which is super expensive compared to a normal taxi fare) that never picked us up from the airport the hotel promised to give us a refund and drop us off at the airport for free. It's been a month and I still have yet to receive my refund. So as of now my drop off wasn't free.

The staff is extremely nice. The day time bell man is awesome...I wish I got his name. The breakfast buffet is delicious. Wifi was amazing. We ate almost every meal at the hotel because we loved the food so much. 7 eleven is across the street and they are walking distance to a large mall, train station and plenty of Thai massage places around.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Nice and couzy
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Be careful for taxi drivers, on the way they drive you to various dealers (jewelry, tailors etc time consuming. Our last night they took us to a nightclub and almost force us to enter.... not polite cause they get a percentage so be careful for the drivers. Stick to your route....Beautiful pool area... very quiet, little scary to be alone there.

Big variety of delicious food. Dining room staff always so friendly and supportive. Nice fluffy omelettes.... Central location, with many beauty salons for massages any time. Ringing the bell at 10h breakfast is over, smile ...love all the fun.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Awesome stay!!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was nothing I didn't like as such.

The rooms were very clean and the staff was very helpful. The location was great. Would like to stay again.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Great Value Deal Hotel....
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

- Sauna room was not working properly. It could not getting hot. need inspection and maintenance. - extra charge will be applied when using their cutlery (plates, spoons, forks) in the room.

- they put me on the highest floor with nice view. thanks. - Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

We really enjoyed spacious room and bath.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We really enjoyed spacious room and bath. It was great to relax near the pool after all day of walking. Breakfast was above the average, with slightly changes daily.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Good for a short stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The location is not the best. Easy to get to from the airport for a quick stay. Would not stay here for too long.

Basic rooms but comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Good location in the heart of Bangkok.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bed was pretty uncomfortable and the pillows were hard but the other than that the room was nice!!

Good location in the heart of Bangkok. Nice pool and good staff.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Happy
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I was veryyyyyyyyy surprised as a MUSLIM guest that there was not a HALAL CORNER for Muslim guests. PORK menu were there mixed with every food. BEWARE Muslim guests as when you take your Omlette as there is Ham that they used in the same pan.

Apart from the halal food everything is ok

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

The view was gorgeous, especially at night.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The mattress was quite uncomfortable, the staff is not attentive enough. There was water leaking in our bathroom and even if we alerted the staff twice, nothing was done about it.

The view was gorgeous, especially at night. The pool is nice too.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Quaint decor, pleasant hotel but bad sleep quality
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Beds are lumpy and I could actually feel the springs in the mattress; which didn't let me have a good nights sleep.

The decor is quaint and soothing which was the best part. Location is also good! Walking distance from all the major malls and Ratchaprarop station!

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

All rounder 4 star Ramada hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

During checkout I had requested for invoice otherwise not given. I will definitely consider coming Ramada next trip!

Smack at Pratunum Market around 5 minutes through an alley. From there walk another 5min to rest places like platinum mall, central world etc. Early Check in with blitz fast Internet in room. Get high floor with city view you be amazed with skyline. 24hr 7-11 around. Normally walk to central world to go BTS station chit lom to rest places like chatchuchak market, Siam, etc. Taxi around 350 baht to airport including 70 baht toll - ard an hour during non peak.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Bangkok, Ramada weekend stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Customer interaction from staff disappointed both at breakfast and reception. The helpfulness needs to be addressed as well as communication skills. The hotel is grand at foyer level, the rooms however are in need of an upgrade at the prescribed tariffs.

The rooms (Family) were large. Breakfast was awesome. Hotel Shuttle service free (although didn't drop-off at requested location). Close to convenient store and street food vendors. Television channels selection good. Housekeeper was the friendliest lady I have ever experienced. Cannot remember her name. If anything she embodies service industry attributes.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

The building looked nice.

The internet didn't work in the room on the last 2 days. They tried to fix it but said had to wait for technicians to come the next day. But it wasn't fixed the following day too.

The building looked nice.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Pleasant enough.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I have been going to the same hotel for the past 10 years, the rooms are looking a bit tired now and are in need of an update, bed is ok but pillow is very hard and uncomfortable to sleep on, the toilet wouldn't flush properly most of the time we had it seen to but still won't flush and the water pressure in the bathroom is really poor, it was just a slow trickle and makes having a shower very difficult and long winded, also filling up the sink took ages.

The hotel is situated in the middle of Bangkok so you have easy access to everything. The pool area on the 8th floor is great to chill out for a few hours and top up your tan. Good choice of food for breakfast. Staff are very friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Pathetic experience
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Poorly furnished, old fashioned, looks unhygienic , air condition was not working properly, Water kettle was not working properly had to ask reception to change the AC remote plus water kettle, cockroachs were there in breakfast area, in short loss of money and pathetic experince

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Dated but good value and location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This a dated (1980s) and very large hotel and is extremely popular with Asian travellers. Thus the breakfast buffet became something of a scramble each morning. The front desk always seemed to have several people in attendance, but only one of them seemed to be authorised to respond to customers. One of the concierges was quite rude! (Conversely, his colleague was very friendly and helpful.)

We liked the price - it was very good value. There was a helpful complimentary shuttle to the nearby Airport Rail Link. It was just a 15-minute walk to the nearest metro station which connected you to the rest of the city easily.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

i like everything about ramada.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

there is a man he is receptionist..he needs to learn how to talk well with customers..he was very rude.. thank god lady manager saved our flight and day,,you guys really need to keep well trained receptionis...

i like everything about ramada... room was totally same like a pictures.nice view..beautiful lady manager who saved our flight..

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Bed good quality; swimming pool and health center I appreciate ,I think a better maintenance !!!!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The quality of the room The locker of the door was inoperative, MANY electric plugs were defficients The central command of lights and cooling was wrong the first day they changed it Room 1618

I appreciate the location of this hotel FIRST; The Price next; the swimming pool ,health center

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Good night sleep
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

When we arrived, no bellboy to assist us with luggage. We had to handle it on our own and carry it to our room. Not exactly what I would expect from a chain hotel like this.

I changed to this hotel as my previous hotel condition didn't gave me a good night sleep. Changing to this hotel was joyful. The front office manager was great! During check out she even assist out luggage as the other bellboys were busy! 1.clean room 2.spacious 3.bathroom condition is good.( bath tub and shower room separated 4. Location to platinum fashion mall is about 10-15 mins walking distance 5. To us, ratchaprarop train station was a nearer stop.10 mins walking. 6. 7-11 just opposite. 7.food stalls around (you won't go hungry) (fried chicken, pad thai, noodle soup) 8. Massage everywhere!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Try diffirent hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The pool shutdown at 9 pm, no one answering calls at restaurant, booking should be done by credit card otherwise you'll be charged double the price, the receptionist was not friendly or welcoming at all ..

The pool has panoramic view at skyscrapers, the room was okay.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Their breakfast are quite nice,better than expected.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Their breakfast are quite nice,better than expected. Some of the staffs are friendly,some are not so tho. The location is pretty decent,walking distance to Platinum Mall(5-10mins), Pratunam Night Market and Central World. 7/11 is located just outside the hotel premise. Few of locals selling foods/fruits/drinks nearby area.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

I had a very comfortable stay. Would like to stay again on my next visit.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Mattresses may be changed.

The bed wasn't very comfortable. The spring mattress was hard at places, probably being old stuff. On my complaint, an extra about 2 inch thick foam mattress was put on spring mattress. So the problem was solved to some extent.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Nevet stay at Run down hotel on this hotel again !
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hotel seems running down if compare with my ore hours stay in few years back ago especially the shower was bad and mattres is hard and sinking ! Elevators was caging me for few minutes with 3 times at least during mid night and I got to open the door due emergency alarm was not function !

The only impressed by this run down hotel is thier air conditioning is really cold enough.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Sitting on POt is horrible in their bathrooms
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Sitting on western closet in your bathrooms are very uncomfortable, although it is of APC but worst..... Secondly it was very difficult for a first time visitor to locate this hotel because nobody knows this hotel, i spent almost 1 hour

Nothing except big name like Ramda

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

good location, good breakfast..
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Business centre is pretty useless. Wifi doesnt work in that room as well as many places of the hotel. No programs are downloaded to that computers in the business centre so you cannot open any files like windows office or adobe reader. I tried to work but that was almost impossible without an excel and a word. It writes that they have colorful printer but they actually dont. Stuff do not speak or understand English. Just 1 person had proper English. I think that is not acceptable in Ramada. Free shuttle buses to airport link train and to shopping malls are not on a certain schedule. You have to let them know 4 hours before hand. I tried to book 3 and a half hours before but they didnt accept. It seems like they want to show as if they have a service but actually they do not want to give this service.

Breakfast was really good. I checked out 2 hours late and they did not disturb me or required additional cost for that so that was pretty good as well. Nice ambience at the pool.

Ahmed
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

reception and management hotel is very bad. the hotel is not 4 star. I can say 3 star .

I don't like nothing. because the reception she very rude. she can't find my booking more than hour.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Good Location and Breakfast
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Although I mentioned in booking.com that ETA is 1300-1400 hrs they kept me waiting from 1315 hrs untill 1400 hrs to move into the room. I also mentioned im the booking.com I require NO smoking room, but I was given Smoking room untill I complained than they shifted us to NO smoking room.

Location near shops and halal restaurants

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Very good hotel in right place and the staff are courteous. This hotel is value for money.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They took little more time allot room. Though they have mentioned that check out time @12.00 Room allotment was made only @ 1.30 pm.

Hotel is situated in heart of Bangkok and very close to all shopping malls. Facilities provided are excellent which are value for the money spent.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Choose a another better location in Bangkok
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Areas around the hotel mainly have Indian restaurants. The hotel is the spot for large tourist packages mainly from India , China and Iran The hotel is not clean as we so insect at the dining area and the room furnitures are old Breakfast is ordinary and usually mislabel food despite our notification. We saw food labelled as halal and yet it says chicken with red wine The housekeeping department is terrible. Every day the lady just makes up the bed and clean the toilet And does not take garbage or clean tables. The swimming pool is dirty, better not to swim and catch fungal ear infection

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Rude customer service and unfriendly staff.

Nothing. Unpleasant experience and environment

Location,staff and facilities .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location,staff and facilities .

Below average
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything and very over priced

Poor just poor everything

good and comfortable stay

Pillow too thin

Better pillow

horrible Breakfast More like a hostel than a hotel

horrible Breakfast More like a hostel than a hotel

hotel in the heart of the city !

commercial sort of hotel

staff at the reception was very nice !

Clean
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not suitable for expats. Only indian and thai food available.

Clean

Good and comfortable

Too many touts on Taxi.

Front Staff gave us an upgraded room on first visit! Wonderful!

Front desk Staff unfriendly and poor English language...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Front desk Staff unfriendly and poor English language awareness...

Overall was fine
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

smells in room. old facility

convenient location

Walking distance to most popular tourist spots

Walking distance to most popular tourist spots

Good breakfast spread .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Wifi was poor in the room

Good breakfast spread . Very convenient to the shopping malls

Hotel staff response from upper level to lower level was very poor.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

What four star hotel provides facilities. It was far lacking.

It’s a worstever stay in my life.

It's good for all

Nice

Super super super

Super super super

5.5
    Good location, but not worth the price.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The interior design is old, worn out, needs maintenance. Pool is average.

Location, Staff is ok.

• Family Two-Bedroom Suite

Basic facilities need renovation

Awesome
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great location, nice pool, stunning view, great value

Do not stay at Ramada D Ma.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The behaviour of the staff was extremely bad. Front desk staff was not friendly at all

Its a good clean hotel, and da location is very close to...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Its a good clean hotel, and da location is very close to shopping area..

Bad
    • Family Two-Bedroom Suite

Very shady location

Very close to centre and it's a clean hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very close to centre and it's a clean hotel. Breakfast very good.

Browse Ramada D'MA Bangkok traveller photo gallery