Reviews of Swissotel Bangkok Ratchada 5 stars

204 Ratchadapisek Road Huaykwang, Huai Khwang, 10320 Bangkok, Thailand

#485 of 1,474 hotels in Bangkok

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

The location is good, staff are friendly.
    • Swiss Premier - City View

i think the breakfast should be improved. It’s not worthy for 500 Bht due to there is few options, and i was looking forward the noodle soup. It tasted not that good.

The location is good, staff are friendly.

4.0
    Good location.
    • Swiss Premier - City View

I don’t like the hotel polity., I am terval any county in the world EUR & USA when I booked a room by online. 1. the Hotel only need the Credit card namber for the guaranteed . 2. pay for room at the hotel cassia when Costumes checked in but the Swissoter le concord Bangkok is change money from my bank account I see at the statement bank before I stayed at the hotel one day this is very sed . 3. The money reposit by credit card it ‘s long time to return back to my account it ‘s very sad many hotel in the world return it only one day or two day . 4. Booked for breakfast can’t cancelled why ? This is very sed many hotels in the world eisy to cancel when costumes has emergency . All of this is very sed it is not respect to costumes.

Good location.

Ripe off for S$ 250 !!!!
    • Swiss Advantage

I am a regular since 1980. The changing of front desk staff are ridiculous , almost monthly. Quite disorganized, where the room I’m given do not have robes, basic amenities can be missing etc. For a S$ 255 a day for a room is a ripe off !!!!

Location to metro

Great hotel, great location , warm and friendly staff - The top hotel in Bangkok
    • Swiss Executive

The care of the staff and attention to detail was tremendous. I would particularly like to thank Khun Faii and Khun Panida and their team in the executive lounge for their great care. Also I would like to thank Khun Perisak at the front door for his excellent service.

One of your staff asked my partner to show ID
    • Swiss Premier

One of your staff asked my partner to show ID in front of elevators. I am Japanese and my partner is Thai probably staff thought I took one lady at Karaoke or somewhere but need to be careful how to ask to the customer. My partner disappointed it.

for someone just need a propper bed and some sleep
    • Executive Suite

the whole Hotel was somehow very booring. the room which was just renovated was so unexciting done that you fall to sleep wehn entering the roo. Restaurant Close at 10h bar was empty and not very inviting in the open Lobby. sorry the are much better and nicer Hotels around

room was renovated. bed was good

Poor management system
    • Swiss Advantage

Staff cannot think outside the box. Poor QA on 204 buffet hot food is Luke warm due to warmers not being on. all that had to do was do a check every 15 to 30 mins in a rotation. no way in hell would this place get a 9001 as over the past 4 years interacting with this place I have advised them on the problems but no action. Took 3 visits to front desk to get some replacement tea bags for my room as first the desk girls head exploded as appears to have never been asked for it. then asked for tea bags from 204 they sent room service with Tea pot. 15 mins of my lowly life wasted on that :(

Close to subway nice rooms

If your room is at a high floor and on the side of the main...
    • Swiss Advantage

After first night I had to ask for another room on the other side of the hotel as I found the main road too noisy to sleep. The second room smelt cigarette smoke although it was a non smoking room. Breakfast is closed at 10:30 wich is a little early for me. Maybe this more an hotel for business traveller. But I was happy enough as a tourist.

If your room is at a high floor and on the side of the main road you will be able to enjoy a so beautiful sunset on Bangkok. Except for small disadvantages, everything else was very good and I enjoyed the hotel. All staff is very nice and helpful. And breakfast is fantastic.

Great hotel but service needs to be sharper if you really are 5 Star
    • Swiss Advantage

The pool area is currently a hugely missed opportunity. It is this vast bare area with a few loungers and umbrellas. The former sister property at Nai Lert Park was a paradise. Not sure why they haven't taken a few ideas from there (some potted trees for example to provide more cover and interest). At the moment it's a bit of a let down. Additionally the view from the hotel isn't great on any side. In fairness it is located where it is located and you can't do a lot with the view, but just be aware it's not got the best views of Bangkok.

I think this hotel is still on it's journey to fully understanding 'customer experience'. The hotel is fabulous, very luxurious, very high end feel however there were service details that just let it down badly. Swissotel used to have a sister property in Bangkok at Nai Lert Park. I stayed there regularly before it closed in 2016 and as well as being a fabulous hotel they had the service level regularly to an incredibly high standard. Perhaps Swissotel should have moved the Hotel General Manager from Nai Lert to Le Concorde at the time of closure and the achieved high standards would have been maintained.

good location
    • Swiss Premier - City View

the process of check-out is a little inefficient. if you get big luggage, it would be a little inconvenience for you to walk up few stairs to arrive on lobby.

location is really nearby station. besides, there is a night market on the next street corner.

10/10 Perfect hotel
    • One-Bedroom Suite

It was perfect. Only that i couldnt extend my stay with Booking.com rates that i initially had.

Fantastic hotel. Everything you can ask for during your holiday. It was so good i extended my stay in Bangkok because of this hotel. You must book the executive suites. The bell boys are fantastic guys with great advice and they can map your whole day for you with places to go. The hotel is pure luxury at its best. Everything feels like royalty. The towering views of bangkok are epic.

The staffs are not very helpful.
    • Swiss Premier

The staffs are not very helpful. Teo male staff give me wrong information on the internet connection. The carpet appears to have not cleaned for quite some me time on 19th floor. The guests smoke at the entrance at night.

Comfortable hotel with reliable services, rates on high side for individual bookings.
    • Swiss Advantage

Neighbourhood is not as lively as more central city areas. A lot of guests are there for conferences.

The spa is open till 12 midnight. Spacious room & bathroom. Room service is prompt and the Thai food is good.

Satisfactory but expensive
    • Swiss Executive

Though it was stated as five star hotel In booking.com, it does not appear to us as a five star hotel in terms of room , staff attitude toward guests .

Great hotel nice staff good location
    • Swiss Premier - City View

Everything was to my expectation

The hotel is situated near the MRT it suits me because I use it a lot when I travel to BKK much easier to get around we had dinner a couple of times a the Japanese restaurant, it was very nice and the staff are exceptionally nice I will recommend this hotel to my friends

This hotel is adequate, however I would not stay there again. Better value is available in the area.
    • Swiss Premier

Accommodation pricing is comparable to other hotels in the area, however food and beverages are priced well above the average compared to other international hotels in this area. The room is large, however facilities are tired, and aged. The meals I had were just-okay, and not good value for the prices paid. The hotel seems to rely on large tour groups to fill rooms. Not really suited to an independent traveler.

The location was convenient to the Bangkok International Dental Centre and train lines.

Very pleasant would recommend it to all.
    • Swiss Executive - City View

I would have liked more towels in our room two was not enough.

Our room 1929 was spotless staff went beyond to help or advise. The two restaurants we tried could not be faulted.

I am a bit disappointed as there is no privacy. Not sure if there is any option to pay by cash.
    • Swiss Advantage - City View

The housekeeping lady just opened our door in the morning when we are still in the room without our permission. It has upset us as there is no privacy and this hv happened twice even though we hv compliant this to the reception counter. The hotel should think of a way on how to improve this especially if there is a need for laundry service, the housekeeping staff should not just opened the door and asked if we need any laundry service as this will cause unnecessary disturbance to the guest in the room. If there is a need for laundry service, the guest will inform the housekeeping themselves. Maybe they should have A sign "Plse do not disturb" for the guest to put outside the door.

It was close to mrt,bidc where i have dental treatment and...
    • Swiss Premier - City View

When i booked on line with you, you mentioned breakfast included. However the hotel said i have to pay for breakfast. Please be clear in your promotion.

It was close to mrt,bidc where i have dental treatment and food.

Lovely hotel
    • Premier Room

We were greeted by friendly staff in a beautiful lobby. The staff immediately helped us with our luggage. Our room was spacious, clean with a comfy bed. The Japanese restaurant was lovely, the food was delicious! The hotel was located in a quiet area with the train station within walking distance. A short hop on the train to Kao San Road area. Would recommend!

BED TOO SOFT , THAT HURT MY BACK
    • Swiss Premier

As a new customer from Singapore , we should get more support and a pte meeting room for our interview session ( HILTON -Hotel Bangkok give us full support on this ), while your hotel need to pay 1000 baht for 1 hr .

NA

The room space was good and furniture well appointed.
    • Swiss Premier

Over enthusiastic emergency workers blaring their sirens through the night. However the noise was well dampened and takes a light sleeper to detect that

The room space was good and furniture well appointed. The drapes did a very good job cutting out the morning sun totally.

Standard large, luxury chain hotel.
    • Swiss Advantage

Service was not at all as I would expect from this level of property. Had several interactions with staff that did not meet my expectations, including when I tried to provide constructive criticism at check out.

The bed was very comfortable.

For the "on business" guys - not for the holiday maker
    • Premier Room

not enough lighting in the pool after sunset, not for holiday makers... primarily full of business men so doesn't have a holiday feel..

pool area was nice, good location close to night markets.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Our holiday experience
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The hotel in general. Very clean. The staff could not do enough for us and we had a free upgrade on arrival. The hotel is by far the best we have stayed in. The Executive bar was outstanding for their staff, food and drinks. Pool and gym exceptional.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

generally a good stay.
    • Premier Room

the decor in this hotel is a little bit old fashioned, it needs an innovation. and about the room service, it takes forever for them to pick up my call. FOREVER. Once I tried to make at least 10 calls within a period of half an hour, and still no one picked up my call, thus I had to go downstairs to the front desk for a ROOM service.

the staff are very friendly and the gym is good. the elevator never cost me more than 10 seconds to wait, very quick response.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

a great hotel outside the chaos
    • Premier Room

location....not much to do near the hotel. but the metro is very close by and easy access to the rest of the city

thw staff are very helpful and friendly despite busy times with big crowds

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Quiet Place to Stay
    • Premier Room

1) Door man not attentive. I had to ask him "Are you going to open the door for me?" 2) Wanted to have a cocktail by the poolside but found no service personal around 3) No shopping mall within walking distance. Very few restaurants nearby. 4) Breakfast not included 5) Although mrt and skytrain connectivity is good, trains are very crowded especially on the mrt. 6) No bath robe and no bottle opener in room

1) Large room. 2) Quiet room on 18th floor. 3) Wifi connectivity good and stable 4) In-room safe box as expected in 4-star hotel 5) Key card needed to operate elevator to rooms

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Be more organised
    • Premier Room

Swissotel messed up the booking as I requested an extra bed they initially denied knowledge then acknowledged they made a mistake.. it took a lot of time and we missed a reservation. They charged me twice for a room taking the money from my account before I stayed. Said it would be reimbursed within 14 days... still trying to get it back. So generally disappointed

Nice environment

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Location out of centre, but next to MRT, which made...
    • Premier Room

restaurant closing at 10.30 thought was quite early. Mis-information for new years eve.

Location out of centre, but next to MRT, which made everything easily in reach. Breakfast was good, room comfortable, and staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Was OK
    • Premier Room

We check in 3pm but our room not yet ready! I book for king bedroom but wasn't available until 2 hours after, at the end they give us double bed because we don't wanna wait that long! Little bit disappointed.

Next to MRT

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Beautiful with some issues
    • Premier Room

Noisy air condition. Toilet flushing sounds from room above. Banging on the door at 2am - not clear what it was, told them to go away. Very limited room service menu. Public transport into town (Siam Square) takes about 30mins, but you have to take first the MRT and then BTS, and buy two different tickets - not very convenient.

Was upgraded to a very spacious, beautifully furnished and recently renovated room, with large bath and very comfortable bed. Friendly staff. Hotel is just a couple of steps from MRT metro station.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Hotel staying cost OK but food expensive
    • Premier Room

Food is expensive. Buffet dinner or breakfast too expensive. Very few people enjoy buffet because of High cost. Rather than wasting food it would be appropriate to put right Price. Opposite is Emerald hotel having more varieties wlin buffet with cost as THB650 where as Swiss otel with less varieties cost around THB 1000

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Value for money, convenient to public transport
    • Premier Room

1. long checkin wait - every check in seemed to require trips to two computers and a walk to the back to xerox a copy of passport 2. coffee machine did not work, neither did one TV. On the positive side, response very quick when I called them.

1. Value for money- hard to beat 2. good location- far from centre of town, but only 200 m from MRT. Perfect for anyone with meetings in this part of town, which is growing. d

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Recommendable accomodation in BKK
    • Premier Room

Friendly staff, 4 elevators (easy getting up and down in the hotel), quiet rooms, very good and well equipped fitness center, the metro is only 200 metres away.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Excellent quality for the price we had!
    • Premier Room

What a nice place! Little bit off from the city center but the metro MTR was very close so no problem at all! The breakfast which we paid extra for was excellent and worth every Baht!!! The bathroom was spacious and well equipped with both shower and Bath tub! All the staff was nice to us! We had a great view from the 15th floor!

Excellent Stay In Bangkok
    • Premier Room

Breakfast needs attention as some of the foods were not up to the mark

We need to recognize the services of two of your staff members who went out of their way to make our stay memorable, Front Desk Manager, Chris on night duty on 30 December 2016 and Front Gate Keeper on night duty on 1 January 2017. A big thank you to both of them and may god bless these two special stars of your staff

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Value for Money
    • Premier Room

The pillows were too big and filled with probably polyester fibres. They should have slightly thinner pillows and filled with down feathers. And they should have a choice of pillows available. Location is away from the main area and on days with traffic, it may be a long drive. But I think with expressway, it should just take a little extra money and not time. But the taxi driver may not understand and may just refuse to take you to the hotel.

Honeycomb in the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

pleasant stay
    • Premier Room

A staff member proposed to arrange a taxi for us to the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. The taxi driver though took us to a private pier of the floating market were we where trapped to pay an extremly high price for a boat. As a tourist I trusted the hotel and without knowing in advance this type of scam I would expect from the hotel either to have under control the proposals its staff makes or at least advice and inform me about the risks I face as a tourist in excursions like these and the options I have.

The room was very clean and comfordable with great view. The king size bed was amazing. The location although a little bit far from centre was next to a metro station which made our transportation very easy. High quality Hotel facilities like gym and pool.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Back to the 90s feel. Service/staff was excellent though.
    • Premier Room

The pictures doesnt match the look. I changed from thai style(orginally booked), paid to upgraded to modern room, which is then acceptable. Hotel is upgrading rooms currently (which good they noticed) but i think needs more experience upgrades than just renovations. Limited amenities and still placing snacks (charging exorbitantly) in the fridge is very 80s thing to do.

Service was good.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Swisstastic
    • Premier Room

I did not like the view out the Dining room windows. I think a nice rock garden,would look better the red mud.

I liked the room, the staff, the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

very nice stay here with my girlfriend !

Nothing, all was perfect

The location of this hotel is absolutely perfect, 2 minutes walking distance from the underground train station which drives you to the center of Bangkok for a very cheap fare ! This hotel is very clean, the staff is helpful and polite. Very nice breakky for the price !

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Atmosphere.
    • Premier Room

Since it was our last day in bangkok,and we dont want to change our us dollar to thai baht money, and we have only in hand thai baht money for 1 day food, the hotel asked us for a deposit 1000baht,which is not mentioned while im booking the hotel.

Atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Swanky
    • Premier Room

I would have stayed longer but the hotel hiked its room price 5 fold for Xmas week. Unbelievable!!

A very elegant hotel. Quiet and relaxing. Close to all amenities including a large shopping complex. Plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Swissotel Satisfactory
    • Premier Room

The staff at breakfast were unhelpful and unfriendly. Breakfast did not cater sufficiently and staff did not provide water and tea when requested.

Hotel was comfortable. Rooms were very spacious and cleaning crew were very friendly and helpful. Check in was effecient. Concierge and staff at the entrance are very helpful and accommodating. Staff at the entrance went out of their way to assist in getting taxis and making the trip pleasant.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Big room, metropolitan station near the main entrance.
    • Swiss Advantage

It is very strange 5 stars hotel. I had a feeling that there was everything but the quality was not enough. Not very clean bathroom. Low quality of interior. One of sockets weren't working. Very far from downtown. I am not sure that it is a good place for this price.

Big room, metropolitan station near the main entrance.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Rooms are big just a little out fashioned.
    • Premier Room

Ive been acused that i was smoking in non-smoking room and suggested to change it, but im non smoker. That was akward to find the paper message under the door in the morning..

Rooms are big just a little out fashioned. The lobby is hug and several restaurants makes it nice and cousy.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

An absolutely amazing hotel, staff could not have been nicer...
    • Swiss Advantage - City View

An absolutely amazing hotel, staff could not have been nicer or the rooms better. Cannot fault it

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

satisfactory but could have been better
    • Swiss Premier - City View

retaurents and location not good

Ok

Price

Excellent gym with modern well maintained equipment

Excellent gym with modern well maintained equipment

value for money

big and beautiful rooms

value for money
    • Swiss Advantage - City View

i cannot commnent as everything was perfect

one of best rooms i have stayed abd value for money

Great security , excellent customer service, excellent room condition, great location

The check in staff

This hotel very good location, easy to find and near the...
    • Swiss Premier

This hotel very good location, easy to find and near the airport. Get good well come from staff, really good.

Hotel with perfect service and location
    • Swiss Premier - City View

excellend service, staff were very vriendely and helpful!!

Scenic
    • Swiss Premier

Very difficult to go others room without key card

Gym and deli

Great hotel with fantastic breakfast and a proper gym!
    • Swiss Premier

There were some minor issues renewing my stay

The breakfast was possibly the best hotel breakfast I've ever come across. The gym is excellent!

Stressful
    • Swiss Premier - City View

Poor Flexibility on Adusjting the booking. Cheap conference rooms with Low cost screen and video projector, signage, etc...

Ok for very short stay

Gym not 24 hrs

Front desk service is good

Great overall experience
    • Swiss Advantage

The duty manager and front desk staff was very professional and accommodating

• Swiss Premier

Room lighting was dim. No movable shower.

Nice hotel close to public transport and a few night markets.
    • Swiss Advantage

Big room and very close to Huay Kwang MRT. Excellent gym too. Its as good as my local one at home.

Spa

Personal speak poor English

Spa

Nice place!

Executive Floor food / drinks

Highly recommended hotel.
    • Swiss Premier

Friendly and good location.

Beautiful hotel if you have the extra cash and are looking for comfort
    • Swiss Premier

Expensive restaurants on site compared with local food

Beautiful interior, spacious, amazing rooms

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Great hotel

I liked the hotel

Lots of variety for breakfast Close to transport MRT

Breakfast menu is limited.
    • Swiss Executive - City View

Breakfast menu is limited. Can improve it a bit.

Decent stay

Reception don’t smile

The room is spacious

should be more clean into the rooms.

should be more clean into the rooms. I found 2 insects

Cleaness

Cleaness

Excellent all around, quite expensive though
    • Swiss Advantage

A bit pricey. Shuttle service to airport overpriced.

Excellent staff, facilities and rooms. Stunning rooftop pool. Authentic food court below hotel.

Invouce not in Sin $