Reviews of Samaya Bura 4 stars

171/4-5 Moo 4, Lamai, T. Maret, 84310 Lamai, Thailand

#90 of 100 hotels in Lamai

• Superior Double or Twin Room - Road side

The bed's were a bit rough and the location on the island was a bit secluded a far from everything and we had to rent a vehicle to be able to move around.

The area was quiet and relaxing with a nice view of the ocean.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

Breakfast had a poor choice and non-existent staff. I can’t listen to puff the magic Dragon any more after 6 breakfasts non stop. Hotel is a little tired and due a refurb.

Reception team were super and very helpful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room - Road side

Needs updating, kept having to re-login for the internet. Rooms on front side of hotel are very loud with street noise.

Nice that they could accommodate late arrivals.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

The breakfast was nothing special, the offer was very small, staff was a bit lazy. I was disapointed from the quality of breakfast items and small choice. The hotel beach was useful just in the late afternoon, it is small and the whole morning under the sea water.

The hotel room with the acces to the pool was great, large.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

My room wasn't cleaned every day, it seems unless I put the please clean my room sign it was not done. Easy fix - put the clean my room sign out. It is also quite far from Lamai and Chewang, if you want to go out. For detox it is the perfect location, next door to Spa Samui! It was a bit challenging trying to organise elements with the staff - in fact my airport transfer did not arrive to take me from the airport to the hotel upon arrival, despite e-mailing details and phoning to follow up.

The beds were very hard, however with a topper they were much more comfortable! The room with shared private pool is great and very convenient to have a swim and then relax on your private sun loungers!

• Superior Double or Twin Room - Road side

The bed was a little to hard for me.

Great on the beach location with large spacious room...Friendly and attentive staff would stay here again and recommend to others.

• Deluxe Sea View Room

Honestly, absolutely nothing to dislike

The rooms were very clean with an extremely comfortable bed. The staff were very friendly, great food and a fantastic location on a very quiet beach. For us the tranquility of the hotel was perfect, very quite and relaxing, with central Lamai not too far away.

• Deluxe Sea View Room

Lift not working at the hotel , not great trying to get luggage upstairs. Staff not great with communication, English poor. Hotel looked tired, stayed one night & checked out.

• Deluxe Sea View Room

The checking was very long, the towel were not clean and smelly, the sleepers in the room were used and dirty, someone throw cigarettes on our car in the parking from their window which is dangerous.

The location was good and the staffs at the restaurant were really friendly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room - Road side

The hotel is quite old and it is not maintained well enough. My room had terrible smell of cigarettes even though I’m not smoking, the plugs to charge something did not work, the water in the tap is not consistent and always changes from hot to cold, moreover, the room is not clean at all, there are some stains on the floor that could’ve been wiped. My friends experienced smelly towels and pillows. Breakfast was eatable but very far from good quality. The parking is small and we could find steers from cigarettes on our car.

The outside garden is nice

• Superior Double or Twin Room - Road side

The hotel is looking very tired these days. I have been coming here to Samui for years but only stayed in Samaya once before so I knew what to expect. The bathroom for example needs the grouting replaced. Not good value for money but I stayed there because I wanted to be near the spa resort next door and everything else was booked

• Superior Double or Twin Room - Road side

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Facility was clean. We were updated to a better room free of charge due to lack of reservations I think. Food was good.

• Deluxe Sea View Room

I think property should improve the breakfast items.

Fantastic tanqulity peace and quiet..Great Staff. Specially front desk manager Mrs. Nina was fabulous to my kids. I recommend and I will be back again.

• Superior Double or Twin Room - Road side

They moved us between 3 different rooms in 2 days. AC didnt work in all rooms. We checked our 2 days earlier than our booking and still got 0 refunds.

• Superior Double or Twin Room - Road side

We like everything the best was the personal their service I can't say anything then perfect.. I will thank them so much for their treatment they upgrade us to a sea view something we didn't expect :)

• Superior Double or Twin Room - Road side

It didn't quite appear as it seemed on photos. Whilst the downstairs and outside were incredible, the rooms were a little lacklustre. They were very dark and not quite as high spec as I initially thought and seemed a bit shabby in places. Breakfast at first glance seems very basic, lots of hot pans out assuming there is food in them but all empty, just basic cereal, and pastry. A hot breakfast is included but staff just all stand at the counter and assume guests know to ask for a menu as they are not on the tables.

The entrance to the hotel looked amazing, all open plan and looking onto the pool and beach. Very serene relaxing by the pool looking over onto the beach/sea. Hot breakfast was very nice.

• Superior Double or Twin Room - Road side

Hotel is certainly not as good as on the pictures. It needs an upgrade, there is no beach at te hotel so don't get fooled. Quality of breakfast is not good either. For the rest it was oké.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room - Road side

Restaurant with very poor service and 1 hour wait even if no customers. Kind of food very discusting. Room not clean and VERY noise caue room wall very thin. Will never go in again.

Nothing !

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room - Road side

....poor customer service,had room at rear of hotel,next to busy noisy road and neglected greenery covering our mountain view (not shown on website)Poor room facilities and shower hose too short to reach its wall bracket so had to kneel down when having shower,so asked reception for another room at the front,beach facing,as the hotel was 80% empty (and I'm being kind). Staff would not accommodate this unless we paid 400-1400 baht extra per night. So they sent maintenance staff to fit longer shower hose in bathroom. Breakfast choices very poor and quality was well below standard,while waiting staff seem to hover around you while you ate,waiting to take plates,cutlery away as soon as you are finished.

The quiet picturesque location and stunning external photos of the outside pool,sun loungers and bar,laying right next to the beach,as shown on the booking.com website.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

Perfect

Loved it.Friendly attentive staff.All of them.Front desk , Restaurant and house keeping.Location perfect distance to Lamai centre.Lovely beach side walk.

• Deluxe Family Suite

Beach

Hotel back view beach

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

The staff doesn't know how to speak English and everything in the property was too old and no maintenance at all

Nothing special.

• Deluxe Sea View Room

Breakfast is very bad service. I did not feel to eat there

• Deluxe Sea View Room

No gym facility as advertised breakfast was poor

Nice and quiet

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room - Road side

Unfortunately was raining all the time during my stay, some facilities were closed.

Breakfast, staff and the cleaning.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room - Road side

The property not clean much so much dust and cobweb (in room and around )

Big room and good location

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Poor wifi signal

Comfy and extra large bed

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Family Room

Leaking water from AC at the first night can not sleep until 3 in the morning.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room - Road side

The staff have been amazing. Hotel is really clean and comfy. Location is a short walk out of the central town which makes it v peaceful and chilled.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

If you like sleeping on a park bench or plywood, this is the place for you! I like hard beds but this was something else! Also, the place has been going downhill with nobody caring one bit. The toilet seat is disgustingly yellow, the shower curtain is stained and so are all the towels. The furniture is banged up and the cleaning is mediocre. They finally changed my sheets after I asked 3 times which was a week into my stay. One day they somehow missed my room completely. 99% of the channels are in thai. Pool area not very well kept, broken umbrellas, garbage all around even in the umbrella stands. The service staff is incompetent and most of them don't speak a word of english. Empty glasses in pool area for the whole day, nobody comes around to ask you if you want anything. If you do want something, you have to walk around looking for staff. Also just be aware that there is no beach in front of the hotel. The only reason I stayed there because I was doing a detox next door at Spa Samui. A week later I changed hotels to Manathai.

It's very quiet... basically a ghost town. For the most part, the staff was nice and always smiling. Also they are right next to the detox place, Spa Samui.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

Lamai is very quiet, I am aware this hotel can't help that. My main issue was the air con leaking in the room and we had to wait in whilst they fixed it. We then came back after food and went to bed to then be woke up by dripping. The engineer had only obviously just patched it up and hoped for the best. The problem then was the engineer was now not working at this time and only out of hours receptionist. She came in turned the air con off and said it will stop soon, we had to practically beg for another room. We eventually got one, but left all our belongings in the other room as it was late. Bad nights sleep. Came to check out and try and get a gesture of good will and to no avail. Terrible service and a stubborn receptionist

Right on the beach however it's like a ghost town

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

My boyfriend and I were unfortunate enough to be involved in a motorbike accident whilst in Koh samui. The staff went above and beyond to make sure that we were ok, helped with hospital arrangements, bike repairs and police files. They genuinely cared about our wellbeing and made the event a lot easier for us to handle. We could not have asked for more from them. On another note, breakfast buffet was delicious and the swimming pool amazing!

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

The beach in front of hotel wasn't very good but in close walking distance is the silver beach, which was amazing.

The staff was great, hotel facilities were excellent, clean room and very convenient location. Pool garden and beach bar and overall hotel surroundings were very beautiful

• Reviewed: 26 January 2016

The f&b could improve. However, for breakfast the lady on the egg counter made great eggs and the breakfast buffet was good enough to start the day.

The seaview room had great view of the pool and the sea, clean and very comfortable. The pool itself was fantastic with sandy beaches to the right side which the kids loved. Overall a great experience though the rates were a bit on the high side compare to other hotels in the area.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

Breakfast very bad, only ate twice in 10 nights No hot water Poor water pressure in shower Pool area not clean and loads of ants and bugs

Large room Friendly reception staff

• Reviewed: 25 July 2015

The large pool was damaged so not in use during our stay. Also poor wi-fi connection and 15 minute walk to lamai centre. Little bit noisy room.

Great view over lamai beach, nice resort park that is peaceful and quiet despite being very near the main road. Great large rooms and very good cleaning. Good facilities and very nice staff. All in all, it was very good.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2015

We spent there almost 2 weeks during the New Year vacation and were greatly satisfied. Staff is extremely nice and helpful. Hotel has a nice pool area and direct access to the sea. Mountain view rooms are quite noisy since facing the street.The best rooms are Sea View rooms. Very quiet! Super cool place to relax a week or two. We'll be back! Thank You, Samaya Bura!

• Reviewed: 1 February 2015

I stayed at Samaya Bura for one month whilst doing a fasting cleanse at the SpaSamui resort next door. When I arrived and discovered that the hotel was right on a very busy and very noisy main artery road that circles the entire island of Koh Samui I was quite dismayed to say the least. But, to be fair, if you want to stay at a hotel by the beach in Lamai you really can't escape the traffic noise... you just have to find ways of blotting it out! The room I was initially allocated smelt of damp and had an air conditioning vent that rattled super loudly. I asked to move and the hotel receptionist (Pat) was really helpful and showed me various rooms... the options were rooms that smelt of damp (there were quite a few of those); rooms that faced the road and so were so loud that I would have struggled to sleep at night (definitely choose a room that faces the beach); or a Honeymoon suite (at the same price of a 3000 baht a night) which did not have a damp problem but, as I soon discovered once I had moved in, did have a serious ant invasion issue. As I'm not particularly adverse to ants I decided to just live with it. I never mentioned the ant problem to the hotel staff as I guessed that if I did they'd fumigate my room with harsh chemicals and I preferred ants to that. The rooms at the hotel (and I think I'm quite an authority on them now as I got to inspect quite a few!) are all pretty basic, not particularly clean but decent enough. Although I should mention that when I checked in my sheets did have blood on them. I was fascinated to see how long it would take the cleaning staff to change the sheets so I didn't complain about it... 7 days later the sheets were finally changed! So, if cleanliness is top of your priorities this hotel is not for you. Everything is a bit dusty and a bit sticky. The walls between the rooms are also really, really thin. I could literally hear every word and every chair scrape from my neighbours next door and above.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2016

Beach access is not the best but still OK

Very nice hotel with a good location. Very friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 29 January 2016

The food

Terrible Resturant staff, the breakfast wasn't great. We ate out for the rest of our stay

• Reviewed: 31 October 2015

Fitness center is so poor

Nina the manager is very efficient

There are also 18 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.