Reviews of Nova Samui Resort 3 stars

147/3 Moo2, Chaweng Beach, Boh Phut, 84320 Chaweng, Thailand

#77 of 130 hotels in Chaweng

• Hill Double or Twin Room

The stairs to room , but I knew what I was booked , so I don’t have any thing to complain

Nice location , staff is really friendly , girls from reception were speaking to me in Thai when saw my lots visas :))) And the most important is a great view;)

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Nice and quiet, 2 minute walk from central festival, 5 minute walk from Chaweng road and beach. Nice and quiet, English films played through the day, extremely polite and helpful staff.

• Hill Double or Twin Room

We had booked a hill room with garden view and there were a lot of steps up to our room. This was ok for us but if you are limited in mobility or have small children with buggies etc make sure to request a room closer to the reception area with pool view. Breakfast was adequate but nothing special.

Excellent location close to Central Festival. Swimming pool area is great with loads of beds and umbrellas available. Also a poolside bar. The grounds and garden area are very nice. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

AC too small to cool the room. Worst staff ever. They charged by card without my consent and couldn't wait for me to pay at reception for 2 hours also whilst me and my bags were in room. House keeping staff knocked at door and even as I said we don't need they went to try breaking in. You can literally feel high sound whilst someone is walking on the room above. Couldn't sleep at all.

The hill side location also means that the resort is not very suitable for people who need a pram, a wheelchair or have mobility issues. The fairly simple breakfast is over priced at 250 baht.

The resort has a quiet location on a hill with nice views of the Chaweng Lake. It has a mature garden with many trees and flowers and a big pool with a waterfall. It is a short walk away from the main strip of Chaweng, thus it's easy to reach shops and restaurants. My junior suite had a big veranda with good views, a small sitting room and a big bedroom, all with wooden floors and walls, which I liked. The staff of the resort is very friendly.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I asked the manager named Wanna who was at front desk for extra milk sachets as we drink a lot of tea but she wouldn't give me more and told me to go to 7 Eleven. Over a few Thai baht, seriously Wanna??? I went to ask one of the receptionists named Ladawan who was on a personal call a few questions. She stopped her call, answered two of my few questions and when I went to ask my final question she rudely pointed to her mobile phone, gave me a dirty look and returned to her personal phone call. The pool is not open after 6pm. I caught tinea from the shower floor which clearly needs to be disinfected grrr, and my wife really didn't appreciate the cockroaches that somehow made their way into the bathroom each night morning. I think the bed in the room we stayed needs some repair as it squeaked, knocked loudly and moved too much. We found out as were on our honeymoon haha.

Lazing around the pool was a great way to spend the day when you needed to chill, and the bar staff played good music all day. The room is a decent size and the resort is beautiful. Great location, close to Central shopping mall, markets and Chaweng beach. The staff were excellent and friendly, besides the things I mentioned about two of the staff above. Our the cleaning girl did an excellent job and went out of out way to improve our stay.

• Hill Double or Twin Room

There are a lot of steps, that was fine with us we are fairly fine, but if you have mobility issues they would be a problem

The staff were very helpful, respectful and always happy

The internet is very slow and you have to login every time you wanted to use it, it can be a bit loud during the night because of the loud music from the beach bars

The staff was great, the bed was also great and the location is good

• Hill Double or Twin Room

INTERNET is terrible!!! They give you a paper with login and password for 2 weeks, but you need to enter it again and again every 5-10 hours, plus you need to keep this paper everytime with you because housekeeping is used to clean your room and take this paper away, so you need to go downstairs for a new one. Stairs!!! If you room number is for than 108-109 you will have good exercises many times a day, because there is no lift. With children they don't give closed rooms. Door is very old and you hear everyone who came back home at night! Generally you hear everything and everyone! Breakfast is ok for such a price, eggs, mousli, sausages, toasts, watermelon, pineapple, tea and coffee. Enough, but very poor for me. Pillows are very big and hard! No Russian channels!

Location is perfect! 5 minutes to supermarket, Festival centre, massage, plus every 30 minutes shuttle bus to the beach!! Swimming pool is very nice, comfortable for children and adults, water is cool and not cold! 5 minutes up to the road you can find delicious bar-be-que chicken and many many many kind of tropical fruits!!!!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast buffet very basic, lots of stairs to get to room, frogs jumping all over the staircase and very loud at night, shower was cold on arrival but staff managed to sort it out. The walk to town is a hassle, but the free Shuttle is very helpful.

Nice pool area and clean, large rooms. Very helpful staff.

Absolutely Nothing !!!

Thank you to the manger (Peter) and all the fantastic staff at the Nova Samui Resort.This is truly the best Hotel on koh Samui a fantastic setting excellent service nothing is to much Trouble for the Hotel staff to do to make your stay truly memorable. We have enjoyed it so much after being here for a month we have just extended our Visas to stay longer. The breakfast & restaurant are excellent clean rooms and brilliant pool after seeing other hotels in the area nothing compares to the Nova Samui make sure you book this hotel if you come to Koh Samui !!!!!

• Hill Double or Twin Room

This hotel nothing for me to like bad service room have smeal bad also you have to walk to the room like walk up to the moutain, bad location staff have to improve alot even the maneger i would like to talk to him as i have some trouble he told me to wait for a while suddenly he told the staff to tell me no he do not want to talk how bad is thst? i sm a customer i have right to talk with the meneger right?

Everything about this hotel i do not like it at all. And i will never and ever book from them again.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Hill Double or Twin Room

The stairs to walk up to our room were a killer - but that is literally all I can fault!

Great staff. Excellent location. 5 minute walk from central of chaweng city and far enough away to not be effected by noise from bars etc. Extremely good value for money. Large rooms cleaned everyday. Would stay again.

Breakfast is basic , but still supportive , though not variable. Avoid upper hill rooms , if you are not fond of steps and stairs.

Wonderful location and resort scenery , very kind and helpful staff , Junior Suite really comfortable and great value for money , WiFi working properly , no problems at all during stay .

• Hill Double or Twin Room

The only thing bad about is this hotel is that it’s situated on a slope. Each room is divided by an uphill walk with numerous set of stairs. Unless u don’t have a reasonable amount of Fitness try to get one of the lower rooms.

A great old fashioned design place. Comfortable rooms with a big balcony. Excellent pool. Staff were polite and spoke English well. Away from the main part of town so nice and quiet.

Whatever happened after check-in when staff members came to the room - still unknown and strange. Door locks don't feel safe.

Very convenient next To central Festival

- when not many costumer in the pool is not open jacuzzi air...so i can never use. - breakfast...really easy

- the Resort is nice and clean - location is not to far to walk in the city

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Staff were very rude and should be taught more etiquette i.e. not using the customer's credit card under the desk when charging. Should be charged where I can see what is being typed into the card machine

Nothing :)

The room was spacious with a balcony and a fridge. The hill garden is beautiful and well kept leading down to a great sized pool with jacuzzi. The staff were friendly and attentive. We actually enjoyed it so much we ended up staying extra nights, such good value for money. It is a 5/10 min walk from chaweng the beach and the mall.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was poor with very little variety, there were no yogurts, no croissants, no fresh juices, the only thing I liked was the freshly cooked eggs, which for 6 days got boring. This however would have not put me off from coming back completely. What did it, was the fact that the bathroom in our room was not cleaned properly throughout our stay. Although they came in and did a very superficial cleaning of the wash basin, they did not clean the toilet itself once.

The room, pool and breakfast are were very nice. The staff were friendly enough, even if at times it was hard to communicate accurately.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Too many steps! We were at the room at the top of the hill and it felt like climbing 6 floors each time. A little bit far from the main streets.

Very friendly staff. Big and clean rooms. Great view from the balcony.

• Hill Double or Twin Room

The room is big and nice, but there is no pressure in the shower! Although the place is a 7-minute walk from the center, but at night it's really scary to walk and the taxis are expensive. Take into account that sometimes the cheapest is expensive. Take some place in the center, it's worth it.

Nice room,clean,nice breakfast

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Local restaurants are poor.

Buildings, pool and garden are very attractive. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Quiet location that is still very close to town.

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Have been travelling Asia for 20 years. We booked this hotel based on the reviews and photos on your site. The reviews and photos are either outdated or B/S. This is the worst hotel we have stayed in ever. We would have left this hotel immediately if we had not already paid in full. The stairs to the upper rooms are a killer - they initially gave us room 220 right at the top. ( 128 stairs ) We are both very fit 62 year olds but this nearly killed us and the porter. (I had to carry one case.) We immediately decided to leave this hotel and find other accommodation. At reception we insisted on a refund which was declined. After some negotiation we were offered a lower room 101 at an increased price - we refused to pay the additional amount. The manager eventually agreed to give us the ground floor room without additional payment. The rooms are extremely dusty and the bathrooms very dirty - see attached photos. We paid if full for 6 nights but left after 4. Our flights on Bangkok Air to Krabi also had to be changed at great expense to us.

Absolutely nothing.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Breakfasts are poor and all the same. Room is not clean, lots of bugs, poor bathroom. And when they come "clean" everyday they hardly do just change towels, soaps etc. Pool isn't very clean not inviting in my opinion.

Parking is good. Air conditioning is good. Fair size room.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

- don't apply own eco-standards (towels were changed anyway). - a little improvement in English will add value. - air-conditioner is too noisy (in standard room). - pool was a bit dirty.

+ Location is really great - places to go are plenty and fruit shop to the right. + Hotel though old has style - wooden stuff and Thai-retro and great garden. + Clean & fair.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was poor compared to other hotels for the same price. Problem with payment by credit or debit card, problem with wi-fi.

Very nice hotel pool. They have a shuttle bus to Chaweng. Restaurant is cheap but not very good.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room and entire place needs refurbished, it is old outdated and sadly lacking in general cleanliness and outdated fittings, the restaurant staff were rude and the food was appalling I would not stay again.

Location was ok, just.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Wifi was a little temperamental but they have had some very bad weather. In fairness England comes to a complete stop in that sort of weather.

Really nice setting. Very helpful and friendly staff stayed here 5 years ago and one of the ladies remembered us.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Hill Double or Twin Room

breakfast should to be more than Just egg, fries rice, fruit, coffee, bread please bring your adapter to connect because they provide two hole plug (old system)

nice staff, nice design, surrounding is good

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Very beautiful hotel. It has nice swimming pool. Because of broken motorcycles, we came later(next day), personal help us to change booking information, so we paid less money.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Stayed One night, As my Father was staying there. He recommended The Nova Samui strongly. And I can see why. An excellent Bar just across the road, called The Welcome Inn, and the name is exceptionally apt. I will be booking up to return in January.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Too many stairs to climb. After climbing stairs to reception to retrieve room keep the stairs on the lower level were sometimes confronting to climb. Having reached my room it felt that I had climbed up the face of a mountain. Breakfast at 250 baht was very basic and also limited. Need to be more selections in food choices.

The pool was very nice and inviting. Pool had various depths being shallow and deep. Waterfall in pool was good as well. Surrounding grounds were ubundant in trees and plants sprouting flowers. Room was very big and balcony was inviting for afternoon relaxing.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel has no lift so you need to walk a long way to your room. Bathrooms were really dated.

We loved the location of the place. You can easily access Chaweng but are a little away from the hustle and bustle of the street. It's also pretty central to go of to other beaches and places. The resort is dated but I loved the feel and look of it. Pool was great. The hotel is cosy and the staff is so helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The inspects and geckos. Also the location is a little bit far.

Overall the hotel is better and bigger than nearby hotel. The room is clean with big balcony. Also medium sized swimming pool is good for rest. But the facility in the room is a little bit old. Also some insects and geckos are everywhere. They are harmless but still a little bit scary. Location is not very good, you have to walk around 10 min to find a 7-11 and 30 min to a walking street.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

A lovely location . In a quiet area but yet close enough . The staff are always so helpful . The pool is fantastic . Rooms are a little old but comfortable enough , they could do with a make over but great hotel for the price .

Stayed in May 2016

• Hill Double or Twin Room

for the less able bodied the amount of stairs to get to some of the rooms may be an issue

met and exceeded my expectations, I will be returning

Wasn't anything I didn't like

Great room, great pool and bar, friendly staff

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room service had European food on menu when ordered answer we only have Thai food

Was ok

Dirty pool Not hyginic area The sea looks horrible

Swimming pool looks nice, but the it is very dirty

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Staff was extremely helpful wonderful Hotel they went out of their way for any requests

Resort

Yes I Rekommend

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Noisy Chinese people staying in the rooms either side of me no consideration for other guests

Liked the location and excellent swimming pool

Noisy crickets and lizards but they are everywhere in Samui!

Great staff and pool. comfortable stay. Highly recommend and will return for my next stay

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Too many steps to get upstairs witthout an elevator.

Very nice and helpfull stuff!!!

Lovely and peaceful hotel. Pool is a decent size and very quiet. Staff are friendly.

Good location. Hotel from mid 90's. Good pool. Many stairs to climb to get to the room.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Beds were not comfortable. But quiet and peaceful location

• Hill Double or Twin Room

No shade in the afternoon, sun came directly into the room and balcony - no where to relax.

A tiny bit if noise

Not Elderly friendly and bathrooms are dated

Location, Staff, Facilities & Breakfast

• Hill Double or Twin Room

boom boom from clubs nearby at night + noisy neighboors coming back in the middle of the night

Garden view from balcony, cleanliness

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was hardly superior. The bathroom was very dated.

poor internet connection

feel like back to nature

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Hotel was fab and staff were very friendly and helpful... pool area is good with a nice pool bar that also did some nice good

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Tom yum goong was awesome So does other thai cuisine

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Service. They dont mention you have to walk a hill to reach the room.

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Location. Getting to room up the hill wasn't easy. If you are not fit or have any disability do not book uphill rooms.

The swimming pool

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The air-con system is quite loud and not that effective.

Set in lovely gardens, nice staff, lovely pool area and great value for money.

• Hill Double or Twin Room

The air con was really loud and didn't cool the room down that much.

Just really lovely and great value, the pool is amazing.

I had to go home

Staff are so good, and friendly

• Hill Double or Twin Room

The stairs up to the room ,stayed right at the top but good for fitness i suppose

Good pool,good area to chill out

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Clean and quiet area. Great price

It was all great

Value for money

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Quality of food not good.

Location and value for money

• Hill Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning in the second room we were moved to was very poor!

The staff were very friendly and helpful in every way.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Hotel built on side or hill no lift only many many stairs, Only suitiblle for youngsters and mountain goats

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Location is far from shops and restaurants if you aren't driving.

Nice pool and beach.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Hotel in a quieter area of Chaweng. The Staff are amazing. The Rooms are spacious and are good value.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel is too old and desperately needs renovation

Location of the property is good :)

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

swimming pool and location

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Location was good. Was close to public transport and shops.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Hill Double or Twin Room

The hotel was beautiful and the staff were so helpful and freindly. The gardens and pool were beautiful. Would stay there again in a heart beat!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Fantastic value for money. Pool and Garden area are lovely. Hotel is central. Staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Hill Double or Twin Room

Great place!! Take the supiriore rooms