Reviews of Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit 4 stars

1 Sukhumvit 33 Alley, Khwaeng Khlong Tan Nuea, Khet Watthana, Wattana, 10110 Bangkok, Thailand

#573 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

Very happy with the service and would recommend without hesitation to any traveller who wants a grea
    • Superior Queen Room

A bit of maintenance to things like shower heads would be better

The staff exceed my expectations very very helpful nothing was to much trouble, very well done!

I enjoyed staying at the Lotus Hotel and would consider using it again. Not too far from the BTS.
    • Superior Queen Room

I didn't pay for breakfast but went for breakfast anyway. I had a look at what was on offer and decided it wasn't worth paying extra for.

Had the look and feel of a top class hotel but cost was reasonable. Good Farang pubs in the surrounding area.

Very conveniently located with decent comfort in the room.
    • Superior Queen Room

Property (especially guest rooms) is getting very old with no renovation for many years.

Location of the hotel is perfect, nearby BTS station, food and pubs. Plenty of street food right in front of the hotel throughout the day, starting from very early morning.

Friendly staff, always smiling and service orientated.
    • Superior Twin Room

I asked staff to get me a taxi, which they did. And it was 1200 bhat they negotiated for me. Taxi had no meter. I agreed on this price because i did not know any better. But at my destination they told me that i had paid to much and that the trip should have costed 500-600 bhat. Used the app Grab on the same way back, it costed 503 bhat...

Friendly staff, always smiling and service orientated. Room was nice with everything you would expect. Nice facilities.

Very good location, great staff and good breakfast.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom could of better and more up to date. The swimming pool facilities could have been better.

The breakfast was really good! The staff were excellent!

Staff recommended me to upgrade the room, and it was nice...
    • Superior Queen Room

Cannot adjust the power of Air-condition. If it’s on, it’s too cool. If it’s off, it’s too hot.

Staff recommended me to upgrade the room, and it was nice for me.

An attraction on it's own.
    • Superior Queen Room

A beauty, well maintained and well decorated. Very person working there are utmost polite. The pool , the room with floor to ceiling windows, the interiors are amazing. The breakfast was wholesome and delicious. There was a lovely aura in that place.

Very professional
    • Superior Queen Room

I think the pricing details should be clearer on booking.com. I didn't have a credit card on me and had to pay a 2,000 baht deposit. It's not about the price it's about being informed of the costs.

Very professional

Awful - avoid this dust mite ridden hotel!
    • Superior Twin Room

I had a really terrible experience staying at this hotel. Primarily because I got bitten by dust mites really badly (one part of my leg became entirely blistered a day later) I nearly went to hospital because it was so awful. This is probably due to the outdated old furniture and curtains/carpets in this hotel. I looked at other reviews and noticed that actually others had experienced the same. I was also put in a connecting room which made me feel unsafe and it was incredibly noisy. The front staff tried to charge me more than my booking amount. The spa was dirty and needed a refit. The girls in there didn't know how to work the spa. They were very rude to me and left me in a cold spa. The whole experience was awful. I complained to the manager who wrote a letter of apology but said the bed bugs were an allergy to the washing powder! ha! (see other reviews...) I have yet to receive compensation or apology from Accor but will keep going until I receive compensation. Just awful.

Good
    • Superior Queen Room

Water bottle is made by glass. so can not take it to outside easily. Hope to prepare both type of water.

Good location, hospitality and easy to access to Bangkok city by train. There are lot of restaurant, massage and shops.

Good stay,conveniently located.Great value for money.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The Wi-Fi connection was bit weak in the room other than that nothing to complain about.

The location of the hotel is really good close to public transport ,malls and restaurants. The staff was very helpful and the service provided by concierge in arranging the day trips was really handy. The breakfast provided was also good with lot of variety. Overall would say this place is good value for money and would definitely go back again.

Acceptable
    • Superior Queen Room

The COCO restaurant was deserted when I went for dinner. The meal was very very average and the price was well above what the food and dring were worth.

I liked the location and staff politeness.

Great location and friendly staff.
    • Superior Queen Room

The bathrooms are a little out dated and have in ground mould that is very difficult to remove. I stayed in this hotel on two different occasions and the first room was good. The second room had broken bed lights and there was a stain on the counter top. The bed is a bit too firm for my liking and made for an uncomfortable sleep.

It is in a great location and not far from the BTS line. The hotel is well kept for an old building.

A lot of room for improvement. Not currently worth the expense.
    • Superior Queen Room

I wasn't aware that I had to pay a deposit upon check-in. Struck me as redundant as they'd charged my card for the room ahead of time and so had my card details on-hand in case anything happened. Also strange that the deposit was based on my length of stay (1000 THB/night). The rest of my family who booked their rooms separately did not have to pay for their stay until checkout. They were all given larger rooms than me, even though I stayed the longest. Weird and disappointing. The pool was closed for the entire duration of our stay but we were not made aware of this when we booked, or before we stayed. We were allowed to use a pool up the street, but not told it was a private residence, so there were no towels available to borrow, nor did Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit provide us with any to take with us (or tell us to bring towels from our rooms.) The WiFi wasn't great. Sometimes it worked fine, but the last two days it just seemed to stop working altogether and a tech had to fix it. And the final day, the cleaning staff just seemed to give up on our room halfway through. Pillows were left stacked all over, no pillowcases, they'd taken the bathrobe I'd used, but not replaced it... All in all, I think this hotel has a lot of wasted potential. I shared none of these complaints with the staff as no one asked me how my stay had been when I was checking out.

The cleaning staff were quite nice. Bed was comfy. There was a bath!

The hotel is quite good accept when sharing 2 twin beds with...
    • Superior Twin Room

The hotel is quite good accept when sharing 2 twin beds with 3 becomes a little uncomfortable. The location is quite central - the BTS station is 5 minutes walk and a little further is the MRT station.

Great value of money, i would book again.
    • Superior Queen Room

I’d stayed here 4 night here but first 3 days i can’t use hotels swimming pool coz they closed it for private party. Though they managed other hotel swimming pool for those days but it’s free uncomfortable.

Excellent location, everything is near. Very helpful staff, breakfast is Owsome. I got everything what Booking.com offers.

Great location. Is 4 star rated for amenities, but falls short for 4 star luxury & cleanliness

We weren't told that the hotel pool was unavailable for the 3 days of our stay, until we arrived at the hotel. To cover for this private booking, another pool at another hotel had been made available for use, but it meant changing in and out of street clothes, rather than just going straight from hotel room to pool in a pool robe. Quite a pain with children in tow.....and if we'd known this situation in advance, we would have booked another hotel. We were also looking forward to joining the hotel's New Years Eve party, and were only told after check in that the party was booked out, despite all their advertising in and out of the hotel for this very event, and their assurances at time of check in that we could attend. The hotel has a coffee shop and very limited bar. Staff service was not good - over 3 days we were used to them watching TV instead of waiting on customers. Housekeeping needs to be more thorough - we were assigned twin beds, so we moved them ourselves to create a proper double, and the filth on the floor from under the beds was shocking. The rooms have lovely big windows, but they weren't clean. Additionally, they appear to be single glazed. We were up on the 21st floor and could hear all the party noise all night long from the bars on the street below.

Location. Short walk to BTS Skytrain stations. Plenty of shopping, restaurants & bars nearby. Very helpful concierge and check in staff.

One of the best hotels I've stayed in so far in Bangkok.
    • Superior Queen Room

Not very much to dislike. Was such a nice place to stay.

One of the best hotels I've stayed in so far in Bangkok. The rooms were very large and very comfortable with an amazing view of Bangkok from the window. And as for the breakfast, they cater for everyone and it's always quality.

Good
    • Superior Twin Room

Early check in charges were high. Hotel staff did not cooperate. We were willing to pay the early check in charges for 1 room, they were not willing to make second room early check in complimentary.

Ambience

It's good place to stay , great location.
    • Superior Twin Room

Prices in mini bar room ... avoid drinking , it's better to go to 7/11 buy water or beer ..in any cheap guest house water is for free not 500 ml bottle for 90 baht.

Good location and convenient for travellers with family
    • Superior Queen Room

We dont like the WiFi. Is bad compared to other hotels that we've stayed before. Is little old and smelly at the lobby and the room is not bright enough even with all the lights on.

The place is great. Located near to BTS station, shopping complex, 24 hours store, pharmacy, And surrounded by Japanese restaurant and other cafes. Taxi fare to and from airport costs less than 300 baht for each trip.

Happy! Very happy.
    • Superior Queen Room

Maybe upgrade your gym. My partner uses the gym on his holiday and mentioned the gym was a tad small with only a few selections.

We were returning customers and we're upgraded to a better room than we've paid. That's was fantastic. So much appreciated. We love the variety offered in your breakfast buffet.

very nice pool, good staff. Thankyou for your service.
    • Superior Twin Room

sightseeing options were less, we wanted a proper travel guide who could help us with shopping and visiting few places.

They provided the room before the check in time, that helped us a lot for getting ready for the business meeting we had come for.

Very comfortable rooms, helpful workers and good location,...
    • Superior Twin Room

We had 4 rooms booked, and we were all on different floors, if you don't have a key for that floor, the elevators wont take you to that floor. So it was difficult to meet friends in their rooms.

Very comfortable rooms, helpful workers and good location, close to train station and places to eat + massage places very close.

Nice hotel, friendly staff, main restaurant where breakfast was served was lovely!
    • Superior Queen Room

Greek restaurant on the ground floor in the hotel was terrible. Food arrived cold, squid was not possible to chew, prawns were disgusting and extremely overpriced! Wi-if in the room didn’t work, we had to change rooms but unfortunately we still had problems with wi-if, which was very annoying.

Very friendly staff, great coffee shop in the hotel

Everything was exceptional

Nothing not to like

It was great. The room was well above average. The staff went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. The breakfast was spectacular. Couldn't fault a thing. I travel a lot and I'll definitely be back. Thanks all for a very pleasant stay

your every need was taken care of by first class staff in a top hotel , excellent
    • Superior Queen Room

If I had to put anything in here it would more water pressure out of shower, but it's okay

Everything was done to perfection, great team work,attention to detail

Value accommodation in the heart of Sukhumvit Bangkok
    • Superior Queen Room

As above the pool area needs shade & breakfast needed attentive staff to serve guests better

Good location in Sukhumvit area, the price was value for money compared to other nearby hotels large clean rooms. Pool area lacked some shade, breakfast though adequate lacked floor service

I liked the location and size of the room.
    • Superior Queen Room

I was asked to pay extra for breakfast, for the amount of money I paid for the room Breakfast should have been included.

I liked the location and size of the room.

Must be in the top 5 hotels in Thailand
    • Superior Queen Room

Nothing worth commenting on everything is good maybe an upgrade on the bathrooms ie walk in showers

Everything a hotel should be the dymanics are the staff always helpful and willing to go that little bit more to ensure our stay was specail as always from.the reception to the cleaning staff well done all

Excelent hotel well managed and staffed
    • Superior Queen Room

Cannot find an issue which we did not like

Everything very good hotel also the staff are helpful and plesent as Thailand 20 years ago which is so relaxing and impotant to us

Nothing to write home about.
    • Superior Queen Room

Lacked atmosphere, very bland reception area and ground floor, no interaction with the guests. Needs a lounge bar on the ground floor, something to make ones stay welcoming.

Not a lot. Better hotels in Sukhumvit road.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Disaster
    • Superior Queen Room

Staff at reception hated me. Because I had all paid at booking com? Even booking Com promised payment on arrival at hotel,but payment was already charged to our account day before arrival? Please stop playing dirty with people,do not tell payment at arrival at hotel !!??please stop leing ,

Starbucks just cross the road for efficent coffeee and civilised people

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Good Location with poor leadership
    • Superior Queen Room

The reception staff was very unprofessional, they confirmed a king size bed in the superior room that we booked on email prior to my trip and when I landed they were offering me twin bed that was not agreed upon, besides the girl at the reception was very unpolite and arguing, she did not know the difference between a king size bed and queen, was not all impressed by her attitude, her supervisor a guy, was even worst he told us that if we did not like the room we can cancel it, how RUDE? I told him that you have confirmed a superior room and the request for a king size bed was confirmed, how can you now change your decision, he was very unfit to be in hotel industry. when we requested to meet with Deputy manager a new staff came in and gave us a upgrade to a deluxe room after all the waiting and humiliation, for which we thank her. The worst was the bathroom was unclean and had stains on the floor, had a bad odor through out our stay, stink of sewage, we did not complain since we were not welcomed by the hotel at the beginning and continued to stay since we had made the wrong decision. We will never use this hotel or recommend it to anyone, you dont know what you get..... discriminating front office staff, if you question, you are not invited.

hotel location is very good but services could be better

breakfast as noted above

In general, the hotel facilities are older than presented in photos. Staff were generally friendly but the breakfast room was relocated and not satisfactory - in fact, I ate outside the hotel, which is a pity because Thai breakfasts are most enjoyable part of eating in Thailand.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Bed was so comfy and room huge and well equipped.

Gym - only 1 treadmill was working so didn't get to run

Bed was so comfy and room huge and well equipped. Toilet provides entertainment for my daughter

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Great location and lovely rooms

Drinks at the hotel were massively overpriced, especially in the bar by the pool.

Rooms were spacious and very comfortable. Swimming pool was excellent and location was great.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

A perfect hotell for business and holiday. Good situated with easy access.
    • Superior Queen Room

All over very good and nothing to complaint about.

I found Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit to be a very good hotel. It met my expectations and requirements in fully.

needs refurbishment
    • Superior Queen Room

Cons: This place has seen better days. It could use some refurbishment. I wouldn't be writing this if I didn't feel I was tricked into booking it by the photos.

Pros: Good location, close to the sky train. Helpful staff. The internet was ok.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

The location is excellent and the room was very comfortable.
    • Superior Queen Room

If you have an issue with firm beds, these are the typical hard Asian bed.

The location is excellent and the room was very comfortable. Breakfast was varied and tasty

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Nice hotel that might have seen its best days
    • Superior Queen Room

AC leaked (condensated?) water during night, endless anoying dripping in 1801, manager should inspect it. Pool was closed for private party one of the days which was a big bummer since pool was the main reason for booking this hotel.

Good gym but a bit old and used. 33 street has a LOT to offer. Very nice room with extra Office room with desk and optical Cable for internet (same speed as WiFi though). Computerized toilet, luxury that I could do without but it was cool the first day.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Try this hotel you will not be disappointed the breakfast in the best in Bangkok The staff are exce
    • Superior Queen Room

very difficult to improve this very high standard

The customer relations manager MissNeung Is a very special person and excellent in her line of work, nothing was Too much trouble or effort for her I am very happy with this hotel I have Been going there for almost 15 years well done to all and a big thank you Michael Allan

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Oldish but functionnal and good location
    • Superior Twin Room

hotel is oldish style is not a problem for me, but swimming pool looks so sad ! With my friend we imagined wood and fences walls, more plants and a bit of color...;))

very good location, 5mn walking from sky train direct line to malls Functionnal hotel and clean, no smelt, although oldish style. Staff is efficient and smily ! Nice stay for 3 nights...

Good value in the centre of BKK
    • Superior Queen Room

It's a slightly older-style hotel, some of the furnishings are a little dated. This didn't really effect our stay but if you're looking for somewhere mega-trendy it might not be for you. The breakfast room was a little shabby, could have done with a lick of paint.

The staff at check in were friendly and efficient. We were upgraded to a suite as it was my boyfriend's birthday. The room(s) were large and spacious, and very clean. We ordered room service which arrived promptly. The bed was super comfy. The breakfast was fairly standard buffet, but there was an egg making station which was very tasty! Nice fresh fruit too. The location is very good, just a couple minutes walk from the BTS, right in the centre of downtown BKK. This hotel was good value for money. I would stay again and recommend to friends.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

24 hour reception staff, very helpful
    • Superior Queen Room

The pool area has only 4 sun beds I had a massage, would have been nice for there to be calm background music instead of silence

24 hour reception staff, very helpful Spa service was relaxing

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Great place - so good we extended our stay there!
    • Superior Queen Room

By the pool there were only 4! sun beds ...... Nothing else we extended our stay it was so good!

WIFI was included in our price and was very good. The room was 2316 was large great views and comfy huge bed. WE swam in their pool daily , pool towels provided and it was lovely and clean and perfect temperature! The breakfast had a large selection and something for everyone apart from the fussiest eater. All the staff were charming and helpful- many thanks x

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Bangkok Lotus Sukhumvit is Gangbusters!
    • Deluxe Double Room

We found the place very charming, the staff very courteous, and the local amenities outstanding. The location between the two major malls was great, and within walking distance of many of the major attractions we sought.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Superior Twin Room

a bit overcharged for the extra bed. almost doubled my room price. we could have got another room at this price.

everything about this hotel was excellent. staff was polite and helpful. location was very good. adjacent MRT and mall.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

The spa service in the Hotel is very good.
    • Superior Queen Room

The spa service in the Hotel is very good.I took foot n head massage in the room.The massage is of professional one at very affordable prices.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Good location but noisy
    • Superior Queen Room

Rooms were noisy. When neighbouring rooms close the door, bathe or flush the toilet, you will be able to hear it. For the price, it is alright.

The location is good. Close to BTS and shopping centers.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

4 star full service hotel for the price of a , 3 star but...
    • Superior Queen Room

Room was leaking air conditioning water, they came and fixed it but it was leaking an hour later.

4 star full service hotel for the price of a , 3 star but the building is old

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Perfect location, very comfortable
    • Superior Twin Room

Changing wifi password everyday was a bit annoying but it is free Some common areas could be repainted, room was renovated though

Excellent location, very good breakfast, big bedroom, very good

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Nice stay, enjoyed our trip.
    • Superior Queen Room

No complain of hotel,being located in side the alley, a general problem of oily and dirty footpath / roads. One has to be careful to save shoes and dress to get stain. But the hotel itself was kept very clean.

Nice room, we were given upgrade with out our asking. Staff was very efficient and respectful. Didn't give chance to complain.

It was a very clean and fresh hotel.
    • Superior Queen Room

It was a very clean and fresh hotel. The staff was really nice, they upgraded us when we arrived. Really nice surprise. Pool area was good and clean. Nothing really to complain about.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

HIGHLY RECOMMEND FROM SEASON TRAVELLER

All GOOD

Nothing to complain about. Extra good food and found the pillows the best I have had from travelling globally 3 months of year.strange that!!!. I definitely be back.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Good stay at a quality hotel with an affordable price
    • Superior Queen Room

Clean, tidy and we'll priced

Excelled hotel. Well priced and always clean and tidy. One negative; I really don't like the complicated toilet seat. A standard toilet with a simple jet hose would be very much preferable to the current arrangements. Chris Sims 15 December 2016

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Old-fashioned hotel in the city center near BTS
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel itself was old-fashioned, it reminded me old style Chinese hotel, not Thai. It was taking very long time to wait a lift. The bathroom was also not very convenient and there were some old stains because the equipment has not been renovated for a long time. Pool was very average And there was no balcony or open area, also the windows in the room cannot be opened. In my opinion there are far better hotels in Bangkok for the same price which include breakfast.

Location, it was close to BTS, shops and restouronts. Staff was mostly friendly and helpful Room was large and had a nice view

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Standard hotel but you can do better.
    • Superior Queen Room

The staff are inattentive, particularly compared to other hotels in Bangkok. Attention to detail is lacking in the room cleanliness. Someone else's hair was stuck to the shower wall for my whole stay.

Rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Unfriendly Check-in, Good Location for Activities
    • Superior Queen Room

The staff representative at check in on 6 November was surly at best which is not good in the service industry with numerous other choices in the area. He was not friendly, helpful or inviting. At that point, we considered switching hotels but was unreasonable with the amount of luggage in our possession.

Location was convenient. The lady at checkout was friendly and efficient.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

The breakfast is good and with large selection.
    • Superior Queen Room

Mattress was hard. Old hotel, old rooms with stained carpets and old building smell. Lobby is not lively and doesn't give an impression of a hotel rather a serviced suite. Spa, restaurants and pool are ordinary without a touch of a 4star rated hotel.

The breakfast is good and with large selection. The rooms are quite big.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Good infrastructure.
    • Superior Queen Room

Front desk staffs possess very straightforward (professional) attitude. ..but we guests expect little more softness. Room was smelling and exhaust fan in bathroom was not working and not even rectified during our stay.

Good infrastructure. Good location.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Very Disappointed . Not worth at all.
    • Superior Queen Room

Hotel staff & house keeping people not at all generous. When arrived hotel rooms , toilets were dirty, bell boy handled luggage at checkout very roughly. House keeping staff stole liquor from my room & on complaining nothing worked.on check out they even asked my email for further correspondence. But didn't received any mail yet.

Just the location

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Misleading advertising?
    • Superior Queen Room

Can't believe a few days before I stayed at the hotel and gave it top score. Went back to what I expected to be a large room with a King bed (same booking as before of a ''King Room", same price and all) just to find out that, this time, there were only Queen beds available in small rooms with no view because of tall balcony (what I would expect the 'Queen room' to be). False advertising??? Felt cheated and disappointed, not coming back!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Great value hotel
    • Superior Queen Room

Not much to complain about, really. It delivers what it promises. I will definitely be coming back.

Nice location and good rooms. The gym was good also. Next time I will also try the pool. Best of 5 hotels I tried in this area. Being managed by Accor you can tell the difference in the details ie. everything looks and works as expected. Totally recomend and definitely worth the extra 200 BHT vs others in the area.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Great location and value of hotel
    • Superior Queen Room

Room and building is a bit old

Good location, very close to BTS station only 3min walk. The room is good size and clean, but hotel is a bit old now. For the price I pay it was good enough, wifi connection was great

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

My stay at the Lotus Sukhumvit
    • Superior Queen Room

In general the staff is extremely nice and polite and helpful, but particularly bothered me was the reception staff. For some reason i found them too curt/ a bit rude. This did not hamper my stay but looking at such hospitable and polite Thai ppl, it was slightly strange for me.

I liked the convenient location of the hotel, you could just walk around to innumerable restaurants, massage places, super market as well as BTS. The hotel was clean with all facilities including the pool. I had a comfortable stay. They even allowed me late check-out. The staff at the entrance was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Practical, reliable choice in a good location
    • Superior Queen Room

The foyer always has a damp smell but it isn't offensive.

This is always a reliable choice. Good location at a goo price point for the quality. Humble but clean and all operational and practical. Recommend.

Amazing
    • Superior Twin Room

The location is very good if you would like to avail the metro facility. Plus the property is simply awesome

Good location n kind staffs ~

Good location n kind staffs ~

• Superior Twin Room

they took things from fridge

Location,Cleanliness

Location,Cleanliness

Staff was very friendly, polite and good service.
    • Superior Queen Room

Should have the water hose in the toilet.

Staff was very friendly, polite and good service.

old hotel in a good location
    • Superior Queen Room

its really old hotel, TV channels are not clear, bidet shower not available in bathroom, check-out not that smooth,

location, and lunch

Lovely stuff

Decor

We were there for a quick overnight stay.
    • Superior Twin Room

We were there for a quick overnight stay. It was value for money and the location was great.