Reviews of Paradise Beach Resort Samui 4 stars

18/8 Moo 1, Maenam, 84330 Mae Nam, Thailand

#15 of 70 hotels in Mae Nam

Fabulously friendly island getaway
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff were FANTASTIC. So helpful and kind. I had everything I could need and more. Upgraded on arrival. Wonderful food. A tailor on site to make a gorgeous dress in 48hrs!! Pool and gardens are maintained all the time. And trip around island was fun.

Overall nice resort.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Our room was quite dated in comparison to the newer huts at the front of the resort. Beach was not amazing. Not within close proximity of many other amenities. Hotel did offer a free shuttle service to chaweng/other areas.

Staff were very welcoming. Use of two pools was nice. On the beach front. Restaurant and breakfast was very good. Scenery of the resort was pretty.

Great peaceful hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Had to drive to any shops.

Great beach, nice quite room over looking garden. Plenty of space around 2 pools, good breakfast selection and friendly staff.

Amazing just amazing!! Everybody needs to stay here it really is paradise!

Nothing at all. 10/10

We never experienced a stay like this. We came from Ireland traveling Thailand and had never been to Koh Samui before and saw paradise on offer on booking.com and honestly thought it was too good to be true for the price. We arrived and couldn’t believe our eyes to the most amazing property and greeted by the nicest staff and shown to our room, we stayed in the deluxe room and it was everything we needed and more! AMAZING HUGE bed so comfy, air con and fan above bed, just over all an amazing stay. Beach on the door step is such a lovely factor, beautiful pool and the food in the restaurant was out of this world, we ate there almost every night. Free breakfast in the mornings, and for the food you received was excellent. We planned to stay for 3 days and extended it to 6 we loved it so much! The free shuttle to Fishermans village too was so accommodation. Outstanding resort.

Enjoyable and fully satisfactory
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We cannot say did not like but a small, air conditioned gym would make it perfect

Breakfast- choice and quality, freshness Extremely friendly staff Room cleaning superb

Comfortable rooms
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There were never any beach or pool sunbeds as they were always reserved. Hotel was overrun by German speakers

The room was really comfortable, staff were great and really helpful. Good facilities and really nice food

SUPERB resort!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This is the perfect resort and the staff is so lovely! I'm trying to think if there is something that could be improved, but there isn't. Customer Service, cleanliness, facilities, food all of it is of a very high standard. So we are going back there in a few days for another little holiday : D

Nice and comfortable resort
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The pathways could be more lit at night

Lots of space on this portion of the beach, very nice view in the middle of the mae nam bay, comfortable room, large room and bathroom

Peaceful garden oasis.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Sure some rooms need updating but they are clean and large with everything you need. And its meaningless when you have the wonderful location and super staff .

Staff were helpful and friendly. The hotel is set in a beautiful garden right on the beach. Its a peaceful, relaxing oasis near the hustle and bustle of Bodput.

Average hotel with poorest service
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Overall not great experience with the quality of the service. From the person showing you the room entering with his shoes on (unheard of in Thailand!), to our request for a baby bed (request that was made when making the booking and several times within the few hours after we arrived) that finally got taken into account after our baby was asleep, to the very complicated check out process where we were asked to pay for a relative's expenses who was saying in another room (it took 30 minutes for them to figure out that it was their mistake). Our room door was not closing properly when we arrived so we had a terrible mosquito spraying smell in the bedroom (the spray they used for the garden). They tried to cover the smell with essential oil which made it even worst. Overall, probably one of the poorest hotel service we ever got.

Quiet, nice pool in the garden.

Nice staff and food. Hotel is a bit old and stay experience is average.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The facilities are quite old.

All the staffs, especially the front desk staff and tour arrangement helper are very nice and helpful. The food in the hotel are quite presentable.

super friendly and attentive staff, very clean room, pool,...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There is a shuttle bus to fisherman village, but the last bus back to the hotel is around 8 in the evening. After that the only way is to get a cab. For me there could be a bus around 10.30pm

super friendly and attentive staff, very clean room, pool, restaurant, and beach! Well kept resort with two pools at the quiet Maenam beach. Perfect for a relaxing and quiet holiday.

Location and staff were good.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooms were dated. The walls in the bathrooms had lots of marks on them and stains from previous decorating. They were also quite dated.

Location and staff were good. The air conditioning was excellent.

Beautiful peacefully location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

You can not snorkell. Well you can but you see nothing.

Beautiful, quiet garden with cute hidden spots (reading corner) Ditectly on the beach. Food was generally good. Peaceful place

This is the place I’d like to return many times.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Sometimes we were given old (out of order ) towels, cleaning support could be better.

This is the place I’d like to return many times. The hotel is very nice and comfortable. Thought there’re several numbers and bungalows you still can find the place to stay on your own. The staff is very friendly and nice. The beach is additional value: clean and peaceful.

Excellent resort, would go back
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Although very clean, the bathroom could be refreshed

The property looked exactly like on the pictures: it's beautifully laid out, with a terrace restaurant and the main swimming pool right by the beach. The food in the restaurant was good: great breakfast with all you can thing of (eggs, pancakes, waffles, croissants, fruits, cereals, rice, etc...), included in the price of the room. Their pad thai was excellent, prices were acceptable and there was a happy hour everyday. The staff was very professional and helpful. The shuttle to the other parts of the island was great: I didn't wish to rent a motorcycle or a car so used the shuttle when I wanted to visit the island (although I spent most of my time on the private beach). The room was spacious and super clean! And the wifi throughout the resort was excellent

Friendly staff, good food, but pricey
    • Maenam Suite

It was pricey especially the food. Management was not very flexible in terms of our refund request after we had to shorten our stay because of the very rainy weather in Koh Samui.

We stayed in the Maenam suite which is good for a family with small kids. Staff were friendly. Breakfast was a bit lacking in terms of variety. Restaurant and food was otherwise good.

I was ill during my stay and the management was so good to...
    • Beach Front Villa

nothing. It was all excellent.

I was ill during my stay and the management was so good to me. They took me to a local hospital and later managed to accommodate me for two extra nights when I was not well enough to travel. The entire staff were very helpful and made the whole experience as pleasant as it could be.

Wonderful Experience.. My New Fav Place In Samui
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

Could have been better... - the water pressure was a little weak - shower curtain really should be longer because even though I was very careful with the splashing of water, somehow the area next to the shower (which is the WC) still got wet

I love... - the friendliness of staff in particular Sweet at reception and Mai at the restaurant. They totally boosted the already good impression I already had - the Grand Deluxe Double Room which I stayed in is generous in size and well appointed, clean and bright. It is located just behind the Standard Deluxe Room which is right in front of the pool - pool towel provided and changed daily - there are 2 swimming pool within the hotel, both are of same size but one is near the beach while the other is near the reception, which is mostly empty as everyone want to be near the sea :) - not much beach area in front of the hotel but there is an empty quiet beach just next to it - the food at restaurant is priced fairly. I had most of my meals at the hotel as I traveled alone and the total bill cost me approx THB 3,000 - breakfast variety is OK - hotel offers shuttle service 4 times a day which brings guest to Big C, Tesco Lotus, Chaweng and Fisherman's Village and the hotel driver is very on time, friendly and responsible

Very nice hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Mae nam main road didn’t have many restaurants or bars. Even simple walk down the street wouldn’t been nice, because it seems to be more like industrial street. If u are more of a stay-in-the-hotel-area type, this hotel is perfect though. During our stay there was very windy and big waves on the beach so it was impossible to swim in sea, but you can’t beat the weather.

Magical garden, lovely two pool areas, hotel is situated right on the beach, very good breakfast, really attentive, welcoming and friendly, bicycle and scooter rent from hotel. Rooms were clean, spacious.

A Comfortable Experience
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not much that I did not like really; however the beach view was not the best and also the wifi was quite intermittent in service - sometimes it is only whatapp that would work on voice calls and towards the middle of the day when the hotel was less crowded it was possible to connect on video calls on respectable quality.

The breakfast was good and the hotel had made special arrangements to accommodate the honeymooning couple. The bed was well laid out and the greenery inside the complex is very refreshing. The bar was well priced as well.

Absolutely brilliant
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

From the welcome I received at check in to the moment I checked out, the staff were incredibly friendly and couldn’t do enough. The food was fantastic, I only stayed one night due to having a plane to catch but if I could have stayed longer I would have. I had dinner in the hotel which was delicious and the breakfast choice was fantastic. If I come back to Ko Samui I will definitely stay here again. I can’t fault it.

10/10
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

That is was amazingly clean and every single member of staff treated us so well. The rooms were so nice and the breakfast was great to. Received a free room upgrade and had the best time. Thank you so much.

Relaxing comfortable and peaceful listening to the ocean while I sleep.a
    • Villa

The rooms were comfortable great having a balcony pool fabulous and breakfast delicious. Staff were all really friendly and professional. Would highly recommend this property and will definitely come back.

Big clean room, no mosquitos, kind staffs, delicious...

no big problems

Big clean room, no mosquitos, kind staffs, delicious breakfast, beautiful garden and two big swimming pools, sunbeds along the coast, price

Very mediocre hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Some foods have been at the breakfast buffet for days and it got a bit old and dry The pick up service from airport is pretty expensive for such a short ride It is too pricey, there are much better options in Koh Samui

Nice restaurant Very nice german speaking receptionist

Paradise Beach Resort was the paradise that we were hoping for. Thank you
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The pool at the beach side of the property was closed for 2 days for cleaning as the pool turned a dark brown colour. Even for a couple of days after this when the pool opened again the machine stayed at the pool filtering it which was noises and a bit of a disturbance. But was nice to have a clean pool again.

Loved the location and the amazing relaxed atmosphere at Paradise Beach hotel. All the staff were super lovely and helpful with everything we needed during our stay. We had such a fantastic time and will definitely be back soon. Thanks to Laura, Sweet & the rest of the team for everything.

Loved this hotel, particularly it's lovely sea-side, palm fringed swimming pool
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The decor in our room was a little dated. The hotel restaurant is expensive (by Thai standards)

We visited at the end of the August and I loved just how quiet and peaceful the hotel was. We often had the vast pool to ourselves, and never had to pitch our towels to get a sunbed. The hotel has cleverly updated and renovated the public areas which gives it a lovely airy, relaxed colonial feel to it. Our room was one of the older ones, which would be fabulous if updated. However it was huge, with a fabulous view on to the gardens. The vista was beautiful. The pool was fabulous. I loved all the trees and the view on to the sea, and we enjoyed some lovely sunsets. However, there was often some debris from the trees in the pool. The pool was also not too chloriney which was nice. We took advantage of the shuttle service that the hotel offered as the hotel is a little remote. We also used the complimentary bikes which was a great idea to nip down to the local supermarket and pharmacy. We also used the local travel agent who was able to book us a taxi back to the airport and tours considerably cheaper than the hotel. The restaurant was also expensive for us, though top quality. We chose to eat at the Treehouse, 5 mins down the beach which was a fabulous little reggae-style beach cafe / restaurant.

The hotel is full of trees, gives the feeling of staying in...
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

It was not the best beach of the island, quiet though and it was not easy to get out of the hotel since it was far away from the main street and the hotel's shuttle bus service is rare.

The hotel is full of trees, gives the feeling of staying in the jungle, the breakfast is very good and the staff very friendly and helpful.

Very Impressed!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The beach is beautiful, but too course for running bare foot. If you are looking for fine sand...stay here a couple of days and then go to another beach. To be honest, the restaurant staff was the only glitch in the whole place.

Very Impressed! Rooms were great, and they had our two rooms right next to each other. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. Amazing location, right on the beach with great views. Breakfast is fabulous and the dinner we had was good, couldn't ask for better seating location! The front desk staff was TOP NOTCH! We had assistance booking a tour and setting up transportation to Ko Tao, excellent. The shuttle is easy and free. I cannot say enough about Laura, she went out of her way to help us and I am so grateful. The kids left swim suits in our hotel up north. Laura communicated and made all of the arrangements to have the suits mailed to Bangkok for us so we would get them before we went home. She followed up with emails to me and we did get the suits! Thank you so much! Your efforts are appreciated! Do not hesitate to book here. This place is great, no regrets!

great place to stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the room and bathroom finitions are a bit old and my friend didn't like the bed that much, but we would recommend it anyway, its great value.

amazing staff, nice facilities, we rented scooters there for 250b a day. breakfast was great.

The staff was really helpful, and kind with us.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff was really helpful, and kind with us... they have special attention for our honeymoon and we really appreciate it. We will return for sure in this hotel

If you look for a balance between swimmable beautiful coay beach and touristic attraction in the vicinities this shpuld.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Older rooms need renovation. Renovated bungalows are very nice. Just the fresh water quality is not the best. (But in the end it is an island.) Massage center is overpriced we tried the one on the main road towards Mae Naem center and it wss among the best we experienced in Thailand.

Perfect location in the middle of cosy Mae Naem beach. Gentle breeze. Nearly no corals disturbing swimming experience. Very beautiful garden. Very good (in Thailand standarts) breakfast including some homemade correctly made bread, butter, jams and coffee. Four times in a day shuttle lets you enjoy nearby Fisherman's village and Chaweng areas. Mae Naem is far better to stay with its relaxing atmosphere so a good balance. Either you can borrow bicycles free of charge and ride to Fisherman's village (it takes 10-12 minutes).

A week in the paradise
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

Assorted breakfast, sunbeds with the sea view close to the pool and bar. Renovated room was comfortable. Tasty food in the restaurant with reasonable prices. Great value for money.

• Grand Deluxe Double Room

Modern and large room with little extra touches such as mosquito plug in, beach towels, water daily. Lovely gardens and excellent food. Overall a really good resort.

They do everything excellently. Perfect.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The mature garden are beautiful, at night they attract what sounds like millions of little noisy insects. I woke up around 3:30 am on morning and struggled to get back to sleep because of the noisy little things. It comes with the territory I suppose.

It's a really beautiful property with a fantastic team of staff. The food was delicious and the beach is great. I'd definitely return.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Bargain Luxury hotel that did not disappoint
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hotel was a little out of the way and quiet so wouldn't be good for more than a few days

Hotel was fantastic , clean and service was second to none

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Only one night - but enjoyed it
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A little bit off site to touristic locations or downtown, but there are free shuttle buses

Very clean and efficiently organised. Very friendly and attending staff.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Paradise Beach Resort is the perfect name for this place...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We honestly could find nothing to fault Paradise Beach. The staff are amazing, and a special mention must go to Laura on reception for being so kind and helpful to us. We stayed in a pool-view villa which was beautiful. The villas have recently been refurbished, to a very high standard I might add! Everything was spotlessly clean, not just the accommodation, but restaurant and pool areas too. The breakfast buffet has loads to choose from, and while we didn't actually eat in the restaurant outside of breakfast, the food did look good, if a little expensive. The view from the restaurant and pool is stunning, overlooking the sea with Koh Phangan in the distance. There is a free shuttle bus service to various locations on the island, this can be booked in advance and runs several times a day. There is a cash machine just a short walk away (approx 10 mins), and also a pharmacy and small shop. All in all, a great place to stay, and we'll be back for sure!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Favourite Hotel in Koh Samui
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

No Restaurants and Bars close to the Hotel, but Restaurant in hotel is very nice

Quiet resort in maenam north of koh samui, friendly Service, good breakfast with bread,cerials and fresh fruits, Restaurant located at the beach, clean room, free bycicles

Great accommodation, not so great beach.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Beach is just a flight of steps from the resort and pool side overlooks the beach with great views, , but it's not on the beach as such. The beach is also a grainy yellow sand and the sea is a brown colour. Basically it's not a great beach. A lot of mud flats so you have that slimy feel under foot. Might also have been because of the time of year. On the plus side there were some nice bars on the beach and decent massage spots. It's also a less congested beach compared to others on samui.

Service was great. Stayed in pool side villa. Got a great low season deal. Not so much a villa though, but was a really nice room with en suite.

Perfect honeymoon
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing to add here. All problems we encountered were solved in max of 10-1 hour time.

Paradise beach resort was as the name said. We had great time and enjoyed every minute of it. Staff approached us with super service and would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The staff is super friendly and always smiling - they were...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everyone knows that when you travel to tropical places you might actually have to 'share' your room with some of the local creatures ( gekkos, cockroaches, ants etc...) but we did not expect an all night long concert by the millions of crickets living in the garden. As the doors and windows were not fitted anymore (due to the age of the establishment and the fact that wood 'works' when exposed to high temperature and humidity) we had to sleep with plugs in our ears to cover that plus the noise of the aircondition and other crawling inhabitants to get some sleep. We had booked a 'deluxe double room' but judging by the pictures attached it was not luxury. Very old features in the bathroom, drawers that wouldn't close, curtains that don't have the opacity to shut the light off by night plus they were old , doors with the same problems etc... the lounge chairs by the 2 pools are old and the mattrasses need changing - the big pool is missing some of the safety features . Some parts of the hotel have been renewed already but most Is still to be done and should be done quickly.

The staff is super friendly and always smiling - they were very helpful with arranging different little trips and made a big surprise for my friends birthday.. All in all it is a fairly good hotel in a fairly decent location in the middle of a beautiful tropical garden which has seen its glory days and is now in a desperate need of some painting , refurbishing, decorating jobs and general modernization. The hotel provides shuttle services to the different points of interest - like the night markets in Fisherman or Chaweng, you just need to book and take a taxi back to the hotel as the last shuttle back is at 8pm . We had dinner a few times at the restaurant , food was very good and tasty. The lounge chairs along the beach are fantastic even without the mattrasses. The free wifi provided works in all areas .

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Nice and quiet
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bathroom a bit poor and looks simple for a 4 stars hotel, you just have a car or motorcycle - otherwise transportation is very expensive

The beach, quiet area

Nice, clean place to start holidays with friendly, helpful people everywhere!
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

Air condition easy to adjust. Fan could not be regulated; either full speed or off. A mosquito screen at the balcony door would be nice.

Renovated rooms (at first floor) with balcony in green garden. Good restaurant directly on the beach. Good breakfast in quiet, friendly atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

The stuff and the infrastructure
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We left the hotel early in the morning, before breakfast time. However, we would have appreciated if we got something small for breakfast, like a banana, or some snack.

The stuff and the infrastructure

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Not a particularly fancy place, but ok.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The Wi-Fi was super slow. The room was quite basic, but ok. The resort was way too quiet for me. There was literally nothing going on. I barely saw anyone while I was there.the location is just a little too far away from everything and beach by the hotel isn't really a beach because they've extended the breakfast area into it.nothing a five minute walk can't fix though.

Breakfast was good. Rooms are spacious

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Nothing to fault, can't imagine a better experience

Can't think of anything.

We initially stayed for 7 days, then decided to book 10 additional days. Compared to many other places we stayed at in Thailand, this one is on an entirely different level. Restaurant, beach, facilities, breakfast, pools, room - we enjoyed them all.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Perfect getaway from city noise and cold
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff was amazing! Really enjoyed location - no nightlife around (but easy to get there), clean water, beach. They provide a shuttle but to get around the island which is free of charge and it goes like 5-6 times a day. There's also a restaurant onsite with good choices of Thai and European food.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Perfect Paradise in Samui: gorgeous beach, great food, wonderful staff and good value for money
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I really hated leaving. :)

Can't say enough good things about this resort. Room was spacious and clean, good bathroom, nice private balcony with nature view. Great people, well trained, always ready to help with a smile, responsive. Beautiful setting like living in a private jungle. Beach is perfect. Breakfast buffet is world-class. Two large swimming pools, one by the beach and one in a jungle setting. And the water was crystal clear in both pools and the pool was vacuumed daily. Rare to see such sparkling pool water in Thailand. Overall this is a very well managed resort and I highly recommend it. On one occasion when an item went missing, the management came to our assistance urgently and gave full support. In the end, we found the item in our room under a suitcase. :) This is a place that actually cares about it's guests and looks after them.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Nice surprise!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Some communal areas could do with a bit of TLC other than that we really enjoyed our stay at Paradise Beach.

We were pleasantly surprised by Paradise beach resort. Having booked in online two nights before we arrived as a one night stop in Koh Samui we were looking for something cheap and cheerful. The hotel is set back off the main road, you wouldn't really know it was there. We arrived and were greeted by super friendly staff who breezed through check-in with us and it was off to our room. Walking through a winding path surrounded by pretty gardens we were shown to our room (which had been upgraded). Room was spacious with a great balcony and huge bathroom. The hotel has direct access to a beautiful beach so you can stroll between pool and sea easily. The 3hr happy hour at the bar was definitely appreciated and really reasonable. Breakfast was good but a bit flustered due to an area power cut which was no fault of the hotels.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

First time in Thailand
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

The entire surroundings and the hotel itself are beautiful. More than we expected. The crew is awesome as well. During the whole day they were working on to make our stay more relaxing and comfortable. And they speak really good and fluent English. The view and the beach are perfect. Food and drinks as well. I highly recommend this place to stay. You won't be disappointed - I promise.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Caring staff walking the extra mile with guests!

Not applicable

Rooms are clean and have fantastic detail to attention. Both my son and I fell ill and staff really cared about us during this time. We received a fruit basket and lovely card. The lovely lady at the tour desk was understanding and organised us an individualised tour that was a great fit given our low energy levels during our illness. Wish I could go back again to enjoy the lovely pool area we missed out on. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Relaxing, Beautiful Resort with Friendly Staff
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

Service at the terrace restaurant was good however a little slow, when waiting for food. Unfortunately no kids club available.

Concierge service was fantastic, Han went out his way to help us out and accommodate us. Grand Deluxe Double Rooms were fresh and clean, recently modernised. Breakfast was fantastic. Food from the restaurant was very tasty. WI-FI everywhere in the resort. Spa staff were excellent, with a wide range of options, perfect for relaxation.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Beautiful villa...shame about the weather!
    • Villa

Our weather was awful...but hotel couldn't help that!!

Our Vila was beautiful, staff were excellent and free shuttle into town was a great service.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Wonderful! :)
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This hotel is wonderful! It was the first time my boyfriend and I went to Asia. So, Paradise Beach Hotel was our first hotel in Asia. We loved it. Hotel is beautiful; pool is lovely. Breakfast is wonderful. We had dinner every day in their lovely restaurant. Delicious food & good price. In addition, staff is friendly. Furthermore, there were hotel shuttles (free) going to the main places quite often. After travelling for a while in Asia, this hotel keeps the best one. Therefore, we highly recommend it! :)

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

A warm welcome at the Paradise Beach
    • Maenam Suite

Sun beds were limited and we needed to get up early to secure them. The pool is adjacent to the sandy beach area, but the foot baths at the base of the steps leading to the pool were empty. Visitors to the pool were arriving with very sandy feet and jumping straight into the pool. By the end of the day, the bottom of the pool was quite sandy. A lot of irritating mosquitos and biting insects around the pool area all day. Perhaps more evening "spray patrols" might help. We were expecting to be able to play evening DVDs in our room via the television, but the reception confirmed that the advertised hotel DVD players were not working/available. Some information on the Booking.com website concerning which travel adaptors will work in the rooms would have been useful. In fact, the "2 round-pin" European type adaptors were correct

Very friendly and helpful staff. Nothing too much trouble and always smiling. The hotel restaurant staff were also very friendly. The food quality and choice was excellent and also reasonably priced. The room was very comfortable. We used the Hotel tour organiser for some excursions. Very happy with this service and no hidden extras. The Hotel minibus daily services were also excellent and very welcome.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Good hotel
    • Villa

We figured out that if you book 7 nights directly you may actually overpay. We figured out that the rate dropped after we made the booking but they hotel refused to adapt the price. My suggestion would be to get in contact with the hotel directly and not to book via booking.com for a long peroid. The quality of the restaurant food could be improved.

Enjoyed the pool view bungalows. The swimming pool was great. The gardens are beautiful, it's very nice to have a short walk around the territory.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Very overpriced. The buffet is a total ripp-off.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was one thing that REALLY annoyed me: We arrived on Dec. 31 in the evening and wanted to go for a little snack and drinks to the hotel bar. The staff told us that we had to participate in the new year's buffet - which costs over $100 per person! When we said we simply want a snack at the bar, because we were not that hungry, the staff insisted that we had to buy the buffet, because there's no food at the bar. So I though "alright, it's new years, so let's do it". When we entered the restaurant at around 22:00 most of the food was either gone or cold. So we ended up eating some starters, but I guess overall that must have been the most expensive dinner I ever had in my life! I think $100 is even expensive for European standards, but offering this in Thailand without giving you any alternative is what I would all a RIPP OFF! Also, charging 600 Baht for the shuttle, where the taxi doesn't even charge 200 Baht is not really fair.

Overall, the facilities were nice. However, the place was a little bit far off.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Nice resort, my mom had a very good vacation there, kid also...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Better add more facility , in case bad weather people have to stay resort.

Nice resort, my mom had a very good vacation there, kid also love this place. Will recommend it to friends

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Nice place in a quiet location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The free shuttle has to be reserved like 2hours ahead of time and there are only a few runs.

The garden was beautiful. Walk out to a small beach with a pool and water front restaurant. The rooms were large and pretty comfy. They have a free shuttle to take you to the tourist destinations as well as free bicycle rentals.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Wonderful family holiday with young kids
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It was difficult to walk along the beach if it wasn't low tide.

I really liked the 2 pools, kids spent hours everyday in them. I liked happy hour cocktails from 16:00 to 19:00. I liked the free shuttle.

Super friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Furniture and interieur in general could get a bit of an update. Location not more than "OK". Restaurant bit pricy.

Super friendly staff. Good resort overall but nothing special.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Samui
    • Villa

Extremely unbearable bad smell (sulfur - eggy) from the water in the shower. Only went off after two days. Not exactly "welcoming"

Welcoming staff. Quiet place - the restaurant offers good food and a free shuttle to business - shopping areas. Everyone was super friendly

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Buetiful romantic resort with fantastic atmosphere

Slow wi fi connection ,

Recently renovated rooms , large buetiful private balcony , friendly vibrant staff , stunning beach front 10/10 , restaurant food delicious

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

The bed was huge!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bed was huge!!! Even though we arrived early and only one room was ready sweet on the front desk had extra towels sent so we could all use the one room until next door was ready she also upgraded us so we had 2 rooms together and included breakfast. The staff couldn't do enough for you and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Very Nice Beachresort
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast area is just at the beach. The resort is nicely spread out and has a lot of greenery. On the second day staff already recognized us so we felt a bit like home.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Food was excellent, staff very friendly, good value for money
    • Maenam Suite

The Maenam Suite we stayed in was very average; specious but definitely needs urgent refurbishment

Food was excellent, staff very friendly, good value for money

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Villa

The elevated waterfront is made of a stony wall which is built to far into the sea so that there is no beach while high tide. Sometimes the gardeners / workers are kind of noisy (the grass could be cut silently without noisy machinery).

Beautiful tropical garden. Very nice staff. Very nice villas close to the beach. Pool is great, beach is narrow (no beach while high tide).

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

relaxing at paradise beach
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

People taking our beach chairs when we were swimming.

The location, beach towels provided, friendly and helpful service especially the man who moved our bags from room 716 to 509 on the 28th of July. He was particularly lovely and helpful,and so was the lady arranging tours. we thought the restaurant staff were overworked and extra staff would be helpful. Thank you for a lovely time, and for accommodating us.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Great place to stay
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

It's not really in walking distance to restaurants. There is a free shuttle to fisherman's wharf but the the times are very limited.

Great rooms and facilities, clean and comfy. The free bikes were great to get around on

awesome

Great place, really is Paradise, private peaceful, just lovely 👍

Fantastic meals from restaurant and staff friendly and...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Fantastic meals from restaurant and staff friendly and attentive

Perfect place to be quiet
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

Nice staff very quiet beach

Will return. No. Doubt.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Watching sunset. Extremely professional and courteous staff.