Reviews of Patong Beach Hotel 4 stars

124 Taweewong Road, Patong Beach, Phuket, 83150 Patong Beach, Thailand

#212 of 391 hotels in Patong Beach

6.1

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room smelt damp and the sheets felt slightly damp. This may be due to the room being at a lower level with no real ventilation as the doors need to be closed to prevent mosquitoes! Wifi was very intermittent, solved it by just using any room I could connect too!

Overall look of the property and room was decent, as expected when you look closer it's a typical poor finish. Pool is big and is nice to sit around with sun loungers and towels on site. The gym is a lot bigger than the pictures show, that was a welcomed surprise! Staff spoke good English and where very curious and polite. The hotel is in a very good location. A minute from the beach, a few more from walking street.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

one of the reception staff was extra rude,swearing at us on Thai language, even after her manager came out she kept giving her attitude. such an unprofessional receptionist! be aware, that hotel takes security deposit of 2000 baht or 100 USD which are not equal, no deposit - no check in they tell to each and every guest. Rooms are old and everything looks really worn off, pool area looks old too. The amount of mosquitoes is scary, we were bitten despite the repellent we've been using.

location is great for those who are looking to be near bangla road

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There were bugs crawling all over the desk area in my room. The room was dirty. The staff were rude and were not honest. I was treated poorly at this establishment. I would not recommend anyone to stay here. The general unfriendliness and issues with bugs in the rooms were profuse and unacceptable.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

One day my room was not cleaned at all, and 2 days when it was cleaned very late in the afternoon.

Amazing location in heart of Patong Beach, just metres from beachfront. Very friendly and courteous staff. Room was awesome, on 10th floor with sea and sunset views, with lovely balcony. Breakfast buffet variety wonderful and food very good. Delicious cocktails on a sun bed by the wonderful pool.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Noise coming from Bangla road but it wasn’t so bad at the end you could get some decent sleep, we stayed on the 9th floor with beautiful sea view, lovely views all day plus gorgeous sunset. Nice pool too👍

Location near the beach just 2 min across the street, we used both pool and beach whenever we wanted. Lots of restaurants around, very busy touristic place.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

As in most of Asia, the elevators were hot as hell. The room was a little tired and crowded. Much of it was well worn, but there were no odours or worrisome stains. There was no place to store your clothes. Also the default location for luggage is on the one and only seat in the room. There was also a good steady beat of dance music to fall asleep to every night. It did however wind down at about 3am. The denim robes were not quite as comfortable as a Terry cloth robe.

Nice pools. Close to beach. Close Bangla Road. Decent balcony. Staff were nice. The Sweet restaurant around the corner.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bar closed early at 21:45 , could have stayed open later.

Good location, great staff, good food and drink, rooms clean and tidy, plan to return on next visit to Patong

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Scanning the back side of my bank card which contain pin code for online transaction, I refused to scan it, the lady in the reception insist to do that, after long discussion she did not scan it, but she looked at the back side of the card and she memoriesed the number, I called the bank to hold any card transactions just in case I did not like what she did and I informed her that for a security reason she shouldn't do that, her answer was: if there is a charges we will deduct it from your card, I told her that if there's extra charges I will definitely pay it by cash or by card..take care from this step in the check in, ask for "Bilal" to help you in any thing you need during your stay at the hotel, he is a good man.

Location, easy access, swimming pool

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

As a Turkish person was searching for more cheese in breakfast. Food and drinks are expensive comparing the outside.

Hotel location is super fine. Very close to bangla road and the beach. Staff is frindly. Pool is nice. Breakfast is good with different options. It's good to stay with family there. Room was a bit smaller than what i expect. But who use the room while staying in Phuket :) I may choose in the future again.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Check in was a bit of a hassle, and we were made to wait quite a while without explanation of what the hold up was.

Great location, close to all the best shopping, dining, drinking/nightlife spots and just steps away from the beach.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The deluxe room we were going to be upgraded to was not good. The superior room is much more modern if youre looking for something comfortable and neat

The location is perfect. The superior room was lovely!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Prime location just walking distance to Bangla Road, opposite hotel is Patong Beach. Friendly staff. This hotel stated they have interconnected room that's why we choose this hotel because we bring our 4 children along. I would like to say thank you to Jill, the reception girl at counter. She is so kind to arrange early check in and late check out for me.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We found insects at the room, and when we spoke to the house keeping they didn't do anything. So we had to speak to the manager herself and she told us that already knew that but she didn't take any action.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bangla road is very close and noise only subsides at 3am. If you're a light sleeper beware or get a room closer to ground level. The beach and sea quality is much better higher up the Patong end. Note that everybody wants to sell you something when you're on the beach.

Everybody praises the breakfast buffet and I have to agree. A very wide selection of choice and enough variety to please anybody. Access to the beach is just across the road. Shops, markets and eateries aplenty. Travel desk is helpful and there is a wide selection of activities. We found the staff to be very friendly and always helpful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room are so dark makes feel disparate.... the room unclean,,,, the house made talking to each other very loudly while we are sleeping!!!! I will never ever recommend any one to boook from this .... their English language are very bad....

Dirty place..

Staff was not very friendly. It looked as if they are forced to work in that hotel. The breakfast was lousy, no big choice. everything is filled with pork, no vegetarian choices or halal. Coffee was terrible and it was not a friendly atmosphere for breakfast. 25 years ago when we first stayed at this hotel the service was excellent.

The location of the hotel

• Superior Double or Twin Room

When we did the check in, they communicate us a fee of 1000 bath each night for every guest in the room. this fee is not written anywhere otherwise we could choose other options, considering there are hotels in the area without this stupid fee.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

They don't clean the room until we request that!

The hotels located in a perfect place just on front of the beach and all activities around and near, supermarkets, restaurants, pharmacies and lots of shops are vet close to the hotel..

Probably the only thing was being on the 8th floor and the music from Bangla Road was quite noisy until 3am each night. But we were on holidays.

Everything. It was a lovely hotel. Staff were excellent. Food was great. Pool was great. Loved the hotel and everything about it.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The service from the staff. I was told to pay when I'm there but they apparently charge to my card even I have ask to change my mode of payment.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There was nothing I didn't like.

The location so close to everything you need on a holiday. The beach is across the road and the shops all in walking distance. A quiet resort once inside.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The toilet was not in the bathroom , it was in a terrible position, near the bed , no privacy when using the Lou ( toilet) , also we need more Australian sports on the TVs , rugby league, NRL , and AFL

The breakfast area is excellent, and also the food. Little disappointed in booking with free breakfast and then having to pay each morning when it was included in the booking

• Superior Double or Twin Room

taking too much time ti check in i arrived 10 and already requested early check days back but nothing just need to improve this ...but was upgraded room

all good

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They were a bit slow on cleaning the rooms, we would come back at 4 or 5 pm and our room would still not have been cleaned even though we pushed the "clean my room" button

Beautiful rooms and the view was breath taking. The bed was very comfortable and one of the largest ones I have ever seen! The room was colorful and made you feel like you were in a tropical exotic place with the wooden fixtures. Great balcony with a little sofa and candle out there if you wanted to relax privately. Pool was great and the location to near by attraction (Patong street) could not have been better!!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was tiny, no proper cupboards to hang your clothes. Wifi was very poor in the room - had to keep going outside to get good connection

The staff were very helpful amd welcoming. Especially the lady called Onne.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

They did not provide the room that I want and what I requested and booked in Booking.com. I booked a room at ground level in front of the pool with access to it. They gave me a 2nd level room with no good view.

Perfect Location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The wifi was very poor in our room

Room was large, location was perfect - very close to Bangla road but still quiet, pool was nice which was great since patong beach wasn't as beautiful as we thought it would be!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

An ageing resort these days - our room was down the side of building with no views . Internet was slow and not working all the time - TV reception on most channels was dreadfull. My thai partner was told to check in at reception one evening (after midnite) - despite being a listed guest

Friendly staff - good location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel staffs are totally nice. However, reception staff named 'AM' was not kind and told me something bad in Thai language. I could not understand what she said, but her voice made me uncomfortable. She has to know how to be kind and smile. I wish she would be fired.

breakfast is so delicious and reasonable!

I reserved it for a night and could not reach due to delay in flight and my entire booking went waste and the management n booking.com did not care to compensate even a little , I again booked the same place for a further date and the staff behaved so un friendly.

Nothing so great for the amount I paid.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Some staff seemed poorly trained, lacking in understanding English and a couple were downright rude, particularly in reception. Room Service ? gave me a lecture on one occasion for only ordering starters from the menu ! They also had an annoying habit of phoning to come and collect the plates some 30 minutes after delivering the food, when often we were asleep. Service at the pool was practically non-existent, unless you were close to the Deck bar. Mission statement must be to part the farang from as much of his money as possible as quickly as possible. The famous smile is more forced and has slipped a bit in recent years. Although our rooms were fine I imagine the Sunrise Wing could be very noisy when fully occupied. Total lack of security. The Sunrise Wing backs onto a small soi divided by a fence that a sixty-year old could hop over. No security guards or CCTV, which are so much part of our lives these days, that I could see. To our amusement, one non-guest would regularly enter and exit through the Papaya restaurant to use the pool. This was my first visit to Patong since just after the tsunami, so I was surprised how the area has developed. When I stayed in the Patong Beach Hotel in the early 80s, it was just about the only hotel there. Now if you are in Patong there are a host of well-situated hotels to choose from that suit every budget. So the Patong Beach Hotel could do better.

Location, room and pool were great. Very central, the hotel stands about 100m back from the road and beach. We had connecting rooms because of young kids and everything was as good as we hoped. The pool is huge and has something for everyone in terms of size and depths.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not to a good standard specially to muslims, they wouldn't check us in even though we had to wait 7 hours in the lobby. The TV is very small and the channels are useless.

Some of there staff were nice some of them weren't.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

On the first day, we were given a room with a balcony view of a rooftop with lots of mosquitoes. I was very upset. When I requested a change of room, the room that the staff offered was also not nice. I gave up and thought I should remain in my room with the curtains permanently closed on the ugly sight. I had 3 more days to go. To my pleasant surprise, the staff later proposed to shift us to a room with a lovely view of the pool! As I was quite sick during my stay and was confined to my room, this move was very, very important to turn my whole experience around from a nightmare to a lovely stay. I didn't mind being stuck in my room looking out on the lovely pool, knowing that anytime I felt better I could just take a few steps out for a dip! So, I am very grateful for the staff's initiative to move me to the better room.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Our room, whilst an excellent size and very clean, did suffer from a constant wet floor (directly above the lower rooms AC unit). However, the staff did everything in their power to resolve the issue.

Great value for money. The breakfast, staff, facilities, location were excellent. Would certainly return and recommend to other travelers.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The fittings in the room were a bit dated, especially in the bathroom.

Staff were very attentive, friendly and helpful. The variety of food at breakfast was great, and we were never bored of the selection despite staying for 7 nights. Location, location, location - in the heart of Patong, close to all the nightlife action, but still secluded enough for a relaxing poolside siesta. Extremely good value for money.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The air con , a bigger TV with sports channels would have been good.

The kitchen set up was good , all the staff especially the cleaners where extremely polite

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Had to change Rooms three times , first room was so loud you thought you were sleeping in a club, second one was dirty, smelt bad and was very dark. Third room was a lot better. The area is very expensive. Very Touristy Probably would go somewhere else if you want to relax.

Roomservie was good, view was beautiful, big bed

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Worst wifi I've ever experienced. I was on a business trip and it was very difficult to get work done on the computer as the wifi constantly dropped out.

Great location, great price

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The shower door is passing water to the whole toilet and less light around the room

Location was in the middle of everything. Friendly staff nice buffet

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The Internet was horrible Shower box needs to be fixed as while showering, whole bathroom would be full of water Buffet was poor, no varieties, especially for halal food.

The location is amazing The room has good layout and design. Balcony was a great thing, since I am a smoker.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Wifi on our room is unstable, poor most of the time. The room needs more lightings, a bit dark for us.

The daily buffet breakfast is good, with wide range of choices. The property is in the heart of Patong, everything is within walking distance. Love the bathtub!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No Halal food in the Hotel.

The Staff was very friendly. The atmosphere surrounding around the Hotel was nice. Place to eat, shoping was all within reach. The Beach was just a min walk. Overall the trip was awesome.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

...efter att ha varit på samma hotell tre gånger tycker jag att det blir mer och mer slitet. Personalen tröttare, mycket katter som kissar och bajsar runt poolområdet. Poolen rengjordes inte en enda gång under vår sista vecka. De skulle behöva fräscha upp, och peppa upp personalen.

Jag gillar poolområdet och läget men...

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff hardly ever smiled until the last day, probably expecting a tip. Poor service around the pool, they could get a lot more sales if they walked around occasionally and took orders instead of guests having to walk around to the pool bar where there were lots of staff just hanging around.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Stuff , and I request for high floor they give me ground even I request for a twin bed they give me single one after a had a big problem later on they give me twin bed

Pool

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very Bad wifi /the water is not that hot in our room /the room serves guy was so rude he asked for tip like it's obligatory 😑 / one guy with dark skin in the reception was so rude to me so unfriendly the others ware so helpful and sweet

The location /the room /the manger was so sweet he apologized for the bad things happened to us

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Check out process, having to wait for room to be checked before you could leave. Poor.

Great location... central for Patong. New Years on the beach was a different experience!

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I was solo but I payed for double but they wanted 1500 bat for bringing anyone to my room which supposed to be payed and it a very bad hotel and staff

It's a rip off plus you are not allowed to bring a massage after 5 pm you will have to pay the hotel 1500 bat if you do bring anyone with you even if you book a double room you will still have to pay the reception staff and manager is so unprofessional and the rooms are so bad and mold smells are everywhere in this hotel you can have so much better hotel for the same money

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It was my second time at Patong Beach Hotel and again it was a great stay. Staff is very friendly and always willing to help in any case. The environment is secure and rooms always clean.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Nothing to declare

We loved the clean and happy environment and loved the way staff deal with costumers. Great breakfast, very comfortable room facilities and amazing leisure pool with happy hours in the afternoon.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Despite a great location, and some friendly staff, management are determined to milk as much cash out of guests with extra charges as possible. Avoid.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The stuff of pool restaurant named `the deck`, was very rude. They wanted us make payment cash although there is credit card option. We accidently opened the package of slippers. Although we tokd that we didn't use the slippers they charged us.

Too close to patong night center and patong beach. The hotel was clean and you can sleep in slience. We liked the atmosphere of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We only had breakfast once it wasn't to out liking as Aussies.

The rooms are outstanding we had rooms 3008,3009, 3018,3012 a Family Holiday we loved our beds the whole room is beautiful the cleaning staff are excellent and sooo friendly, the pools are amazing the grounds are stunning but The Staff make this Hotel great and I mean all the Staff.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Only fault would be poor wifi reception.

Great room with really big, comfortable bed. Pool was great. Location great. Staff great. I stayed in one of the side rooms overlooking the pool.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The internet didn't work, which was a massive problem for me. I needed it for business. I called 6 times the first day to have it fixed. I called many times the next day. The needed to restart the router every time I called and the internet would work for a maximum of 15 minutes after that. Another thing I didn't like is the fact that they charge you 1500Baht if you have a friend staying. The last thing is the fact they barely put any alcohol in any alcoholic drink you order by the swimming pool, so you order 4 drinks instead of 1! Apart from this all is great.

Room is really nice. Early check in and late check out. Nice staff. Location is great.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

wireless was abit unsteady but it's ok for us since the important thing is spending time together!

EVERYTHING! From the friendly staffs to the convenient location, it was good!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff was very rude and unpleasant. I told to the main manager of the hotel that I don't have hot water in bath. He answered me that they don't have hot water at the hotel, just warm. I really didn't enjoy of the staying at this hotel.

Nice bathroom. The breakfast is various and tasty.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff. You feel like you always have to follow the "Hotel Rules" to avoid being fined! Once the receptionist checks you in and when handing the key over to you, instead of sayin "welcome to our hotel" she tells you that if you lose the key you will be fined 300 Baht! Thank you! Once you enter the room, there is a sign that if you lose any of the room stuff you will be fined! If you use the towels on your tatto you will be fined! Receptionists checks you in and out with very bad attitude!

The location, the facilities, the room service food menu and the balcony.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The noise from the staff, the house keeping chatting loudly. They have a phone connecting with the reception, and it won't stop ringing all day while we're asleep. The noise from the clubs next door. Poor wi fi. I ordered a lunch by the pool, we finished and no one came to clean after us, and he was asking for a tip?. Brought the check and says if you wanna add a tip, I didn't like that. I asked for a key, they won't give me, but they will send someone to open the door and make an open room key request, that I didn't understand. Overall it's good if you're partying, but if you're with your family it's noisy

The Location, it's right in the middle of everywhere.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Service on pool deck was poor. Lots of staff talking to each other. Waited 30min for service one afternoon and left to go elsewhere

Close to bangla road and beach. Great eateries outside hotel within walking distance

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I think its over rated!!! Staff are super rude The hotel is old and the design of rooms soooo bad Smelly rooms ( urine) Didn't clean my room twice Most things in room need to be paid for They don't allow extra people ( have to charge ) not flexible at all Bad experience ever

Only the location

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I found the male staff to be very unhelpful and kind of creepy in the way they spoke to us. Felt like that had we had a male travelling with us we would have been treated a lot differently which is terrible.

The female staff at the front desk were lovely and ever so helpful. Super handy location with a 5 min walk to Banglar.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The net services is bad Every time no conections. Channels tv not clear and not enough

The pool view and sea view are great Service room good Resiption stuff are copration

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

They kept me waited for 1 hour in the lobby, no free drinks and never offer seat to me. I have to walked around to find a corner next to pool and pay for a drinks while waiting, don't get me wrong, I wasn't early, I checked in at 2pm, I got my room at 3pm.

Junior suites

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is looking a little tired. The pool lounges are mouldy and tearing. No milk in room only "coffeemate" which does not go well in tea.. only Earl Grey tea in rooms

The hotel is centrally located. the breakfast was plentiful and fresh The beds and pillows were comfortable and the shower was great. The gym had great equipment

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A swim up bar was the only thing missing.

Can't get a better location in Patong. Rooms were a good size. We had an extra bed and still plenty of room. Breakfast was good with a good variety each day. Would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We got Food Poisoning from eating the Hotel Food. Hotel was Noisy. Rooms were awful. Dirty and dark. Maids did not come to clean our rooms over a 3 day stay despite us asking the Hotel 5 times.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I don't typically write bad reviews, but this Hotel was shocking. We travelled as a Family and were put in the Siam Wing. It was full of young guys who were drunk, troublesome and noisy. There were guys arguing and throwing up in the corridors at night. The rooms are noisy and so dark (even with all the lights on it was impossible to read. The rooms were depressing. We ate in the Hotel and all of us got terrible food poisoning. My advise is not to stay here. Everything was bad. We moved on to the Centara Karon Hotel after this and that was a fantastic Hotel, with great swimming pools, great staff, nice light and sound proof rooms and great food.

The only thing we liked was the location

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I finish my trip and going back i wish to stay more in this beautfull hotel

Best location on the beach large hotel nice rooms many design of laxury place

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I book for the room near the swimming pool, ground level. .. but when i come to Hotel they give me 3rd floor room . I ask the staff to change my room as my booking but he ask me to pay 1000 THB for every day. .i wekup at morning and i want to Reception and i change my room as my booking without paying money. .staff at night was thief. ..also laundry service was expensive

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

WI-FI is Rubbish cuts in and out (please get that fixed) Drink prices in hotel bar are very expensive 100 Thai Baht ($4Aus Dollar) for a can of coke but 15 Thai Baht in the shop 50m away..... 170 Thai Baht for a shot... $6.50 Aus very dear.

Staff are great, location is amazing. Pool is huge.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

House keeping cleaned our room between 4-5pm each day Cold water in the shower from 5pm-6pm In our group of 9, 7 of us fell ill with gastro like symptoms Also saw other travellers being ill Very poor English for night time check in Rooms was booked as "garden or pool view room" yet 2 rooms we booked had a dumpster as our view No seats on balcony for 2 of our rooms Savage mozzies until the entire hotel was blasted with a mozzie repellent Hookers coming and going from various rooms

Great location right across from the beach and near Bangla Road. Breakfast was top notch. Pool is amazing Huge rooms Well maintained hotel

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Attitude of front desk very unhappy people (especially lady named Jew). Then security guards looking at you like your convicted Crimmial. When you bring girl to hotel they charge you $1,500 Bacht, why didn't they say that in the beginning?? I won't stay here again (I looked at several nice places near by). I just HATE secret rules, disclose your rules at the start not in middle of the game (talking about the $1,500 secret Bacht fee). It's almost like they want to interview your friends you make, how would they like it if I went to their house & interview their friends ???? Not honest way to make money in my opinion....

Bathroom

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Stay away!!!! Staff is impossibly rude. Rooms suffers from not only mosquitoes, but ants and bugs crawling in your bed. Same goes for the lobby & car pick up location- in 10 minutes, I'd get bitten 8 to 10 times. Location is super loud due to proximity to Bangla Road. When I asked a quiet room, the only option was amust room on basement level looking to a dead wall that was 40% cheaper than my 6th-floor sea view room. They refused to give any sort of refund or in-house credit. They have also tried to pass this room as a deluxe room at the same rate as mine; however, when I asked to be shown a standard (called superior) room, the third-floor room they showed me in the same wing was an exact replica of the basement floor room. The receptionist called me a liar; and the night manager suggested I sleep in the garden. The worst hotel experience I had in my life.... They are very strict with their non-refund policy and they do not accommodate, even when you try to downgrade in order to be asleep before 4am. As I was being picked up at 7:30am every morning by the diving school's minibus, I really hated the fact that I couldn't get more than 2 hours of sleep. If you are in Patong to party and to pass out drunk every night, maybe you won't mind the noise. The photos are the ants crawling in my bed & how many new bites I got after talking to the night manager for half and hour. Get an extra large bottle of DEET.

(Too) close to everything. Except for the hordes of ants, the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hairdryer didn't work. Key cards to enter room didn't work. Noisy with other doors banging in the corridor. Poor view of roof from balcony. Reception and pool bar staff weren't friendly.

Good location. Good swimming pools.

Browse Patong Beach Hotel traveller photo gallery