Reviews of Patong Cottage Resort This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

205/14 Nanai Rd., Kathu, 83150 Patong Beach, Thailand

#347 of 391 hotels in Patong Beach

4.4

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

The room was sufficient
    • Deluxe Courtyard Double Room

The service from the staff are totally unacceptable . I work for a huge hotel group with professional housekeeping. The housekeeping here want to charge me for towels that I’ve used to swim and that I drop off personally at the laundry and now claim that the towels are missing when they’ve been handed in to the laundry personally by me. Housekeeping comes into my room without any warning while I’m sleeping which is totally unprofessional. I’m really dissatisfied with this service and I refuse to pay extra for towels that they claim I’ve stolen. Other than that the hotel itself is good and the room is good..

The room was sufficient

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

Good location very good for every thing I love it
    • Deluxe Courtyard Double Room

The breakfast will need to be more for the family Muslim coz we didn't found any food only cake and tea

Good location very good for every thing I love it

• Reviewed: October 4, 2017

The chorus of frogs in the beautiful garden kept us well entertained on rainy evenings!
    • Deluxe Cottage

It would have been much better if the staff could learn to speak more English. We found the communication with the reception and the waiters at the restaurant to be quite difficult, though they were polite. Although the resort left a message to encourage us to be more "eco" by leaving the towels that do not require washing to be hung up, and we did that, but each day there were fresh towels. This left us wondering whether the resort was actually practising 'eco-friendliness'. We also did not like their unnecessary use of two plastic straws for one cold drink, even after we said we did not need any straws. But this could maybe come back to my earlier comment about the staff's understanding of English to be improved.

The mattress was solid and gave us a comfortable sleep, although the staff lied when he told us it was one double bed when it was actually two single beds placed together. It was not quite so comfortable to sleep "in the middle". We also especially enjoyed the frogs orchestra that played during rainy nights at the pond by the lobby. We chose this resort because of the foliage we saw from the photos and also for its location being tucked away. It had some interesting collection of snails too!

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

Middle of nowhere, unsafe, Long, Extreme steepy 250 meters walk up the hill - Avoid at any cost
    • Deluxe Cottage

1. Safety- Things got stolen of me, i left hotel 3 days early for that reason, couldnt even complain because nobody speaks english 2. Location extremely remote to "things happening" - 250 Thai bhat everytime 3. Not a single staff speak english 4. Wi-Fi is not reliable 5. Long, Extreme steepy 250 meters walk to the hill and lots of steep stairs to cross just to get to this hotel, i almost fainted getting there with a small luggage - Be aware

Views from the hill

• Reviewed: October 1, 2017

Nice room friendly staff
    • Deluxe Cottage

Was very far away from the centre and beach. In the description it stated 5 min in fact it would be impossible to walk also stated hotel shuttle to centre but this only ran 2-3 times a day at inconvenient times meaning we had to get a tuk tuk several times a day which was always a fight as the drivers didn't like to take us due to the hotels location. Also I requested an airport transfer for my arrival this was confirmed but never showed I tried calling the hotel on all numbers provided several times but there was no answer so I had to pay for a meter taxi

Nice room friendly staff

• Reviewed: September 16, 2017

A very enjoyable experience. We enjoyed our stay very much and would recommend it. GREAT value!
    • Deluxe Cottage

Breakfast was quite basic. The property is fabulous, though getting in need of maintenance**. I say it again 'maintenance' (not 'renovations', for the style and ambiance is beautiful - don't change it!)

Beautiful room. Comfortable bed. Lovely balcony. Hotel has an easy access to the city center, yet is remote enough to be very quiet.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2017

Dissapointed
    • Deluxe Cottage

Breakfast is basic and terrible. staff cannot speak english, far away from everything. Bed extremely hard, air cons dont work properly

View is beautiful

• Reviewed: April 26, 2017

Amazing view but that's the only thing to boast about
    • Deluxe Cottage

Bed was hard as a rock. Not much variety in breakfast. Staff spoke hardly any English. Ordered room service which 3 items out of 4 were wrong, the cheeseburger was raw on the inside and burnt on the outside.

We had a beautiful cat that lived at the property that we fed and had cuddles with every day. Really nice view from room and pool

• Reviewed: April 8, 2017

Disappointed.
    • Deluxe Cottage

Staff does not speak English, room we were in was dusty, old, poorly maintained and bathroom just needs update plus no window or fan, location - too far from the beach - we used a tuk tuk every time (one journey 200-250 bahts), pillows were hard and too high, occasional bathroom visitors, just disappointed with the "deluxe cottage". Not near to deluxe, it looks like a poor standard cottage.

The area is beautiful with the garden and the pool overlooking the shore, the young guy who helped us with luggage very nice and hardworking.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2017

Nice place, average staff
    • Deluxe Cottage

The staff weren't rude, but they didn't help with anything or answer anything we asked. Other than that all was good

The pool was amazing and view was pretty cool

• Reviewed: March 30, 2017

Rock solid beds
    • Deluxe Cottage

The beds are hard as a rock, so uncomfortable we couldn't sleep the 7 nights we stayed! Once we told staff they put a quit down under our sheets, still didn't help! I think sleeping down by the pool on the sofas would have been 10 X better!

Pool was okay! Not sure if they cleaned it though! Quite smelly!

• Reviewed: March 4, 2017

Great value for money
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The mattresses were solid....I reckon the floor would've been comfier!

Loved the view from our balcony. All staff were really lovely, polite & friendly. Ordered room service & told that it would be about an hour "that's ok" I said....20 minutes later it arrived!!! So impressed & the food was awesome & fantastic value.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2017

Aaaaaa
    • Deluxe Cottage

Someone stole my money. I had 20 euros in coins in my luggage and when I looked for them there was only 4 euros. Not a lot of money but still stolen money. My bad i left unlocked luggage. I saw one more post about stolen money. Be careful!

Pool

• Reviewed: January 10, 2017

Cheap stay but not very good if you like comfort
    • Deluxe Cottage

Views are lovely and pool is best part

Bed was hard like concrete took few nights to adjust with such an uncomfortable bed No ventilation which causes musty smell Needed to buy fresh spray from shop Mosquitoes in room a lot of door left open Dark sad vibe in room Views are lovely and pool is best part

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

Moldy rat house
    • Deluxe Cottage

The moldy smell, the stuff that steals money, ants and bugs, the hard bed, the rat that woke me up at night so i had to leave the place.

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

Calm hotel on the hill
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Bad wifi, must to rent motorbike if to live here, not recommend. not worth the price

Calm hotel on the hill

• Reviewed: October 15, 2017

The view from our balcony and swimming pool was just awesome!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The view from our balcony and swimming pool was just awesome! Perfect room, great breakfast, all what you need for nice holiday.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2017

clean room.

slope and staircase..

clean room.. chill and quiet..

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

It was just terrible that no one spoke English and made things difficult on communication!!
    • Deluxe Cottage

Fact that no one spoke English at the facility, very frustrating!!

Stairs and lack of English !!

• Reviewed: July 30, 2017

Nice stay
    • Deluxe Cottage

Restaurant was closed for renovation. No airport pickup/ drop arrangement Walk to the beach is far off.

Nice spacious place. Clean and green.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2017

happy days in this hotel

every thing is ok

i like this hotel so much

• Reviewed: March 26, 2017

the view from my from is very nice and i can see phuket town...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

the view from my from is very nice and i can see phuket town and beach from my room .

• Reviewed: March 18, 2017

Uphill

Uphill

• Reviewed: March 15, 2017

Nice view
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Have to walk up the hill to the hotel

Nice view

• Reviewed: March 9, 2017

Have to walk far

Have to walk far

• Reviewed: January 18, 2017

I booked for large double bed but thy didn't provide...
    • Deluxe Cottage

Thy lie to me to about room and bed

I booked for large double bed but thy didn't provide shower don't have much hot water

• Reviewed: January 4, 2017

Awesome place to stay!!
    • Deluxe Cottage

Great place to stay! Away from the hustle and bustle of Patong beach but easy enough to get there!

• Reviewed: November 19, 2016

climbing to my room :)
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Long stairs no elevator, and the Hotel is located at high hill, not recommended for non healthy people.

The sea View

• Reviewed: July 24, 2016

Quick trip

Not much

Simple and not busy with nice view

• Reviewed: March 4, 2016

Hotel is very simple and neat and very good value for money

if you don't rent a bike then you will suffer from climbing the hill to reach the hotel, breakfast buffet doesn't have much variety

Hotel is very simple and neat and very good value for money

• Reviewed: March 1, 2016

The 2 receptionist who were friendly and helpful

Air conditioning dead the room cleaning - no toilet paper no toiletries the lack of friendly staff. pool not cleaned properly .gaps in the floor boards bed bugs

The 2 receptionist who were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: February 8, 2016

Bad location far away from everything, housekeeping staff...

Bad location far away from everything, housekeeping staff stole money in our room we had to call police but the hotel staff did not do anything to help us, jacuzzi not working, the guy was making his manicure at the reception, not a 3* hotel at all, scooter rental too expensive compare to downtown, very unhappy with the quality of the hotel and the service.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2016

We very much enjoyed our stay in the hotel.

We very much enjoyed our stay in the hotel. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, the location was excellent with great view and the rooms were very good. Definitely worth our stay.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2016

Cosy and warm bed.

We checked in late and was given 2 mineral water as complementary. However, upon checked out when the bell boy came, he accused us of taking 2 cans of coke in the mini bar which we did not even open due to our tiredness and very short stay. Not succedding in that, at the reception when we wanted to collect our deposit, again we were accused of taking 2 bottles of mineral water which we don't even see in the room. After some arguments, they finally let us go. I will definately will not go back to this place. The staff were rude. Place nice but hilly and we had difficulties in climbing.

Cosy and warm bed. Nice view.

• Reviewed: December 29, 2015

The view from my room .

Nothing but i must walk more to my room about 5 minute & i must climb the hill ( the road) to the hotel

The view from my room . The decoration of the room is same as a picture. I like it. My honeymoon was awesome.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2015

The staff were incredibly rude during our stay. The wifi wasn't free which is silly anyway, but the price they charged was ridiculous. When we rang the office to enquire this they put the phone down on me. They charge you for things from the mini fridge that you Don't eat/drink.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2015

Beautiful pool and jacuzzi area.

Staff need more enthusiasm and appreciation for guests Housekeeping wasn't the best

Beautiful pool and jacuzzi area. Breakfast is ok but not worth the 15 AUD per day

• Reviewed: March 8, 2015

The hotel is good, clean and everything

Although the hotel is good, the location is so good, we would definetly never book it again! The Hotel is just way too far from the beach!!!! There is a shuttle but only three times a day and the last is at 6 pm also the best time for dinner, shopping,... is in the evening along Bangla Road. The Hotel is very high on a hill and especially the last road is very steep (a minibus driver even asked us to get out before because he can't go up).

The hotel is good, clean and everything

• Reviewed: March 5, 2015

Everything -very bad location as mention in hotel description is 10 min to patong beach and its take more than 25 min to there - the hotel in top of mawten you have to walk up to reach hotel - when you take taxi they ask for double price to drop you there - hotel very old not like the pics - room not clean at all - I made check in around 2 am and there is only one staff serve all guest and I wait apromx 1.5 hrs to made the check in and to droup me in my room cause the staff need to finish the other guest to be finished - in same price you can find better than this hotel and very good location -my reservation for 7 nights after 1 night I changed the hotel case I will spend a lot of money just for taxi and I don’t have to - if you want to enjoy in phuket dont take this hotel nothing good at all in this hotel

• Reviewed: February 4, 2015

Staff, breakfast, restaurant, hotel, room, view, swimming...

Nothing, just one lezard in my room

Staff, breakfast, restaurant, hotel, room, view, swimming pool, massage and price excellent. Perfect holiday in patong cottage resort.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2015

Can't think of anything.

Probably the worst hotel I have stayed in. Staff were actually rude. Room was filthy. The mould in the bathroom was like a science experiment.

Can't think of anything. Even the view is ruined by the noise that rises up from the musicians playing in the restaurants below.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2016

They overcharged for walkin room inspite of us only guest...

They overcharged for walkin room inspite of us only guest and room taken was only for one person sleeping for only one night

• Reviewed: January 24, 2016

The view

Pay for wifi??? Transport to the beach is sky high!!!!! Book the place for one week, no back pay when I choose too leave the next day

• Reviewed: January 7, 2016

All rooms are at top of mountain and only access is ladder,...

All rooms are at top of mountain and only access is ladder, far away from beach , poor staff and food

• Reviewed: January 3, 2016

Pool and staff

Smell of my room Dirty floor No wifi

Pool and staff

There are also 10 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.