Reviews of Phi Phi Natural Resort 3 stars

6.1

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Relaxing 3 days in Koh Phi Phi
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A big part of the resort had renovations going on, so for example, we didn't have access to the swimming pool (however, we were told we could use next door resort's swimming pool). Tip: the resort is lovely but it is far away from Ton Sai (main town in Koh Phi Phi for restaurants, bars, etc) and the transfer is 800 THB - return, so you end up being "stuck" with just a few restaurants around the resort for dinner/lunch. Important: there is no ATM close to the resort, so do withdraw some money previously - or pay by card!

For us, the location was lovely... We needed a few days to relax and so it was perfect! Our room was under renovation so we got an upgrade for free to one of the bungalows - it was really nice and very private.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Peaceful resort away from main pier, quite isolated but cute cottages if you appreciate nature.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It is far north, from the main Tonsai pier. You only get to main pier by 30mins boat ride. 7.30am and 9am it costs 9am and ull share the boat with others. If you want to go other times, you pay about 1000 baht... I managed to go with the shared boat so I paid 200 baht per way, Came back 3pm. Restaurants around this hotel and other hotels nearby seems to have the same menu, expensive prices. So be ready to pay. Not a budget type of holiday resort, I´d say. Both swimming pools were under construction, so they had us use their sister hotels pool which wasnt that great at all plus we had to walk there everytime. Not sure if there is any mention about this in their front page, as this is required to let guests know about it in advance.. Also one huge minus: The sea water would draw from the beach everyday for a long time. When we arrived, the beach was normal and beautiful, blue sea water. But after 2 hours, the water drastically left the beach and all the rocks and in general ugly scenery came out, and you couldnt swim on the beach or anything. Sad and ugly view. I dont know if this is only off-seasons, when it happens. But it happened everyday we were there. Another bad experience: We got laundry done there with my friend, not that much clothes, one bag. We asked for the price several times before the maid came to pick up the laundry. They didnt tell us the price and gave weird answers. Then after the laundry was done, they gave us over 1300 baht invoice. That is really expensive for laundry as we didnt have that much to wash and no special treatment, they werent ironed or anything. Normal wash. Very unprofessional to not to give some expectations of the price as we were thinking it would be around 600 or so on. 30 dollars laundry.. The invoice they gave us, had so much false information about the clothes we asked to wash, they had for example mark in the paper that we had 6 safari suits? What are those and why would we have such. Misleading and felt confused.

This resort is for people who are looking for peaceful holiday and relaxation. Resort was super quiet because it was off season. I liked it. We got our room upgraded, only because our original room type building was under construction. Lucky us. The original room locations were really really far from the beach and breakfast etc. You might want to pay a little extra and just book a cottage, instead of the normal condo type of rooms. They are too far to walk in and out all the time. Bell boys with golf cars are there, but I didnt want to ask them to come pick me all the time. Check in was smooth, staff was friendly. They treat you well and respect you. Breakfast was OK.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

This was by far the worst place I had stayed at.
    • Deluxe Cottage

This was by far the worst place I had stayed at. My experience at this hotel was extremely disappointing. Staff were extremely rude and didn’t cater to any of our needs. I travelled with my family and there was no facilities available. Pools were closed, no massage people and only one restaurant Available. We cancelled our trip after 2 nights there and was meant to stay another night. But the experience was horrible, and extremely boring there was NOTHING to do! Please do not go to this hotel, staff didn’t even know how to speak English, and was very frustrating trying to talk to them! Food was basic and expensive and the beds in the room was extremely hard! Everyone’s back was hurting.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Enjoy the quietness at Phi Phi
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The a/c didn't work well, we asked a few times to get it fixed up.

The staff was friendly as usual, we had our rooms upgraded to the ones with sea view. Excellent! Good breakfast!

Not Bad, But Better Options Available Along Laem Tong
    • Deluxe Cottage

While we found the room to be good value for what we paid, it wasn't finished to a high standard. ​But it was more than adequate. Being low-season, the resort was quiet. This sucked any ambiance from the place. Which is fine, as we wanted peace and quiet. What was rather sad was the fact that the beach restaurant hardly saw a soul the entire week we were there. The performer who would take to the stage each night played to no one other than the staff, most of the time. We dined there once, and the food was average and prices high - 250TBT for a curry, and 250TBT for a cocktail + taxes. Interestingly, the prices were lower at the Zeavola and Holiday Inn down the beach. Ever better, eat at the local restaurants down the beach at the Sea Gypsy Village. Would have been nice if the pool bar was open, but alas we took our own Changs to the pool and enjoyed ourselves. Overall, the place looks a bit tired. I wonder how busy it gets during high-season? Would we stay again? Probably not - we would go the Zeavola or Holiday Inn.

The thing I like most about Phi Phi Natural Resort is the location. It's located at the northern end of Laem Tong Beach, with no real through traffics. The Deluxe Cottages, and a number of the Pool Villas are located directly on the seafront. We visited in low-season and the resort was very quiet. There were never more than a handful of people at the breakfast buffet. This is an ideal time to visit if you want quiet relaxation time. We mostly had the pool to ourselves and found the best stretch of beach to be the section in front of the gorgeous Zeavola resort, a couple of minutes walk down the beach. Staff were friendly and spoke acceptable English. Contrary to a number of other reviews, we found check-in swift and pleasant. We arrived on the beach by long tail boat transfer from the main ferry, were loaded into the back of a tractor, and taken directly to the lobby where we were greeted with hot towels and a tasty fruit drink. We were in our room within 15 minutes, courtesy of a trip on the back of a golf cart. The room itself was just what we expected: Deluxe Cottage #105. We paid around $210AUD per night, and for that we got a roomy cottage with sizeable entry/seating area, a perfectly suitable bathroom, a deck looking out over the sea and Bamboo Island, and a huge bedroom with a split system air conditioner. The bed, as others have commented, was a tad on the hard side but that's Thailand for you. We enjoyed good snorkeling directly in front of our cottage. The pool was mostly always empty when we wanted a swim.

lovely stay, great location, verrry nice "garden" style hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

-cleanness -location! Do go to small beach at the end of hotel! It is lovely! -do swim in the house reef! I saw eagle ray one day, and lots of other fish! -evening fire show!! - in the area there are several restaurants you can go out in the evening

Isolated resort, beautiful scenery, dining options limited and English average
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff's English was quite poor when compared to other places I have stayed in same price range. I also always felt like I was interrupting private conversations between the staff. I got to the point when on the phone I had to hang up and have the information staff call back to clarify the situation. I understand it is an isolated village but it is not a cheap resort and I expected better service from the reception staff. The beds were very firm. The safe in our room was faulty and other tenants had the same issue as I overheard them making a similar request at reception. The biggest issue I had was the quality of communication from the venue. I specifically emailed them asking them how to get from Tonsai pier in Phi Phi. They responded that I would have to get a long boat at 900baht per boat. Not only was this not the correct cost but they failed to mention there were 2 ferries and 2 shuttles each day and these were much cheaper options - if you are travelling there then i suggest you talk to the information centre at Tonsai Pier. All in all, the negatives are not enough to stop me returning but if the resort could work on those areas it would make for a more pleasant stay.

Great location. Amazing views. Water is crystal clear. Private beach is very nice but no sand at high tide (pebbly shoreline) The dining options are a bit expensive but if you walk up the beach a bit there are a couple of smaller eateries which are cheaper and much tastier in my opinion. Note for the fire show and Thai dancing it is possible to see it from the beach - you don't have to eat at the restaurant to see the show... :-)

Probably ok if your spending the big bucks
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

What they fail to mention is that the standard rooms are in a condo style building at the top of a major hill. In their description they call it a gentle slope. That is bunk. This is a severe climb. There is no way anyone would climb this hill. They do provide a truck to ferry guests up the hill, on their schedule, so take what you need when you leave the room. They advertise a beautiful beach. It is except it is a hub for long tails and there is no use of the beach between long tails coming and going and tractors ferry guests around. When we asked to be moved as they withheld this little tidbit they the so called manger would do nothing and wouldn’t refund our stay. The second so called manager offered us 20% off an upgrade on an 8k baht room. Be extremely careful. The beach is covered in broken glass. We would gather handfuls every walk. This is not beach glass, this is large chunks of broken beer bottle. When brought to the resorts attention, they were disinterested.

The standard room was just fine and housekeeping was good. The pool closest to our room was nice and clean. The meals and drinks are expensive but there is plenty of good food down the beach.

The evening entertainment could have been more varied -...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The evening entertainment could have been more varied - there appeared to be only one singer who sang the same songs every evening. This becomes repetitive especially as theres not much entertainment on the beach. The fire show was excellent and its a shame more people don't leave tips - I'd encourage the performers to take a tip box around the audience.

The bungalows and beach are beautiful!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A bit remote, food is average and expensive, and place is a bit run down (could be really nice with only a little bit of effort/renovation)

The bungalows and beach are beautiful!

Dangerous, don't bring your children!
    • Superior Cottage

The lack of safety and the lack of risks evaluation and management by the structure management team. I had a terrible accident which changed my life forever: I nearly lost my fingers and I won’t be able to move my hand again due to resort unskilled drivers and lack of safety measures. I had 2 surgeries in 10 days to save my fingers. The resort -provider of the transfer service up to the pier- uses as transfer machine a tractor towing a trailer, as in the picture below. Bags and guests are transported into the trailer too. The tractor goes through the beach dribbling guests and children playing on the beach.It’s driven by no skilled drivers. At 9:00 when we were on it, the tractor went against a wall and my hand happened to be crushed between the metal bars of the trail and the wall itself. The impact was violent and my hand suffered (and it is still suffering) from a serious injury. We received a letter by the Resort Manager that underlines the fact that the Resort don’t want to know anything about it and say we should be grateful just because brought me to the nearest firs aid place. Please be careful if you go there and if you have children, please consider some other place on the island.

The island.

Peacful Rejuvenation.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bed is quite firm, the beach could do with some daily cleaning, it woukd be nice if staff came and asked if you wanted a drink when lounging by the pool or beach. Some crab or lobster on the menu.

Situated right on the beach in Beautiful Phi Phi. The water is clear and blue, the staff are lovely and friendly, the rooms are neat and relaxing.

A wonderful stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- walls were a bit thin, so it was a bit noisy when people moved in or out, or when people are enjoying in the pool. - restaurants are expensive, at least twice the price you can find in tonsai

- The beautiful views all around, the sea, the mountain, a private location perfect for couples. - there was a pool just outside our room - the staff were very helpful and friendly - our room was in the standard building, on top of a hill. They had free minivan transportations which was very convenient. - rooms were clean and spacious - the bed was comfortable. - our room had a stunning view of sunrise. - the complementary breakfast was the best we had during our whole stay in Thailand. The foods were delicious, and there were numerous options to choose from.

Fabulously relaxing trip in stunning surroundings.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There should be parasols for the sunbeds on the beach and on the terraces, as apart from the large trees there is no sun cover. It would also be nice for there to be a beachside food/drink service - yes you can go to the bar and order but I would have ordered much more if there had been a service directly on the beach.

I thought this was a lovely hotel - beautifully appointed room, lovely gardens and fabulous views. The various beaches available were a real plus and with two available swimming pools meant we had new environments in which to relax every day. I thought the dinner restaurant was very good for Thai food, I didn't eat any western food here but some people seemed less impressed with the quality of that. I found the staff almost universally friendly and helpful - some of the front desk staff could have been more helpful with their knowledge of ferry times to and from the hotel but this is my only complaint re staff. Even at the very busy week of Chinese new year there were plenty of sunbeds for everyone across the various sites. I will be returning here again without hesitation.

Remote location suits anyone wanting quiet pretty beach. Hotel is quite rundown.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel needs to invest in upgrading their facilities and also maintenance - there was lots of old junk lying around and the grounds and facilities had been left to 'lag' for many many years - whereby the location and size of the property gives it plenty of potential. Just very 'tired' at the moment.

Location of hotel is very nice, however facilities are very old. If you don't stay in a bungalow (which are also very outdated) the cheaper rooms are like an old motel with no views, rooms like straight into each other and there is poor sound proofing. Rooms are also about 300 metres walk from breakfast and nearest pool. The location of hotel is great - beach is lovely - however also be aware you need to get a longtail from main ferry terminal and all this costs money and time.

Should never have stayed there
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms were terrible and 3 sets of steep stairs . The balcony had a ver low ceiling and therefore no view . The breakfast was terrible

The hotel was green

Overall the resort was fine and the rooms and facilities...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

You have to upgrade your room or you will be in the back nines. The resort goes all the way up the mountain and our room was very far from the lobby and beach and any facilities. Other resorts in the area are generally closer to the Beach.

Overall the resort was fine and the rooms and facilities were clean. Breakfast buffet was good

Great location, decent breakfast, poorly managed
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is quite far away from the reception or eating areas so you either need to walk a fair bit of wait for their hotel car to pick you up every 30 mins. The "tour guide" they have at the desk is utterly useless! He's an old man that looks like he's waiting for his time to go. He just told us to sit down in the corner and look thru a folder without offering his personal insights or suggestions. And, when we tried to ask him questions, he wasn't too helpful either. Just walked along the beach and booked direct with a boat driver to go to islands we wanted and saved quite a bit.

It was right by the beach and the bell boys were extra helpful when we needed help with anything. The hotel restaurant is also right beside the reception area and serves very good food from Asian to European! It's also quite reasonably priced and the staff here are helpful. There's a musician that plays his guitar every night and gives you great entertainment!

Amazing! But have Bacht!
    • Deluxe Cottage

No ATMS. Only one restaurant could charge to our room. All activities and the majority of the restaurants had to be paid for in Bacht.

We had an amazing stay at Phi Phi Natural Resort. Beau is the nicest receptionist we met while we stayed in Thailand! Our room (deluxe bungalow) had a perfect view of the gorgeous Andaman Sea. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Beautiful location, lovely and helpful staff but be aware this hotel is only accessible by boat
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed very hard. We didn't realise you could only get to this hotel by a boat. It is on the opposite side to Tonsai pier where the main phi phi town is. No night life here whatsoever

Beautiful and relaxing location (probably better for a romantic and peaceful break). The staff were Helpful and friendly. One woman in particular was so kind to us and went out of her way to make sure we got to the hotel ok as it was raining when we arrived at Tonsai and the ferry to the hotel side of the island stopped working. Felt safe here.

Peaceful resort
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There's no ATM and the exchange rate they make is approx.16% lower than the avg. (Better change money in Phuket).

Lovely postion, the last hotel at the top of the island, very peaceful and relaxing.comfortable room with a lovely terrace sea view. Quality massages close to the sea.

Good hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Absolutely nothing to do. After 3-4 days better move to another location.

Good hotel. Solid 3 stars, nothing special. Good breakfast. Very beautiful nature!

Great location, lovely beach, very green.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Long uphill walking distance from the lobby to the rooms. Some of the standard rooms balconies are facing each other’s with no privacy. Villas and cottages are great with a lovely view.

Great location, lovely beach, very green. Special thanks to the awesome receptionist Sky for her great assistance.

Awesome place to be on island and away from the hectic Tonsai Bay still with everything you need!

Nothing really!

Amazing staff. Quiet beaches. Everything you need including access to boats / tours without the craziness that is Tonsai Bay. Would definitely come back.

Would not return, very disappointing!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was very disappointing the rooms were very old, tired and needed a big refresh. The staff at the resort were not very happy, which I found to be quite rare as I have travelled to Thailand many times!

Its the best beach to stay at on phi phi.
    • Superior Cottage

The staff we very unhelpfull if you were not using their tour services. Thankfully the other hotels near by were more helpfull and neutral.

Its the best beach to stay at on phi phi. The cottage we had was great.

Rooms are spacious.
    • Deluxe Cottage

All was good, however there were no mango shakes.. :( but don’t let that not stop you.

Rooms are spacious. Towels are provided for both the pool and bath. Water is in the room. Buffet breakfast had a reasonable good selection. Right on the beach.

Would not return .
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Here is what happened : 1. I Originally booked the date from 28-31th . Then I realize that I need to check in one day earlier which is 27th . Due to I was traveling so I didn't want to call them and change the date , so what I did was book one more night and then check out 1 say earlier once I arrive there . Turned out to be a difficult thing , they were not willing to let me check out one day earlier despite that this is due to my next day flight . I admit I didn't check all the info upfront but the attitude how they deal with this sort of thing was not nice and professional . In the end , I did check the one day early but had to spend the money of that night in the hotel . 2. And in the meantime ,the room of the first night was not clean at all . both in the room and outside the room .There were dust on the table . 3. The stuff was not very helpful when giving info. 4.the only thing I did like was the cute cat in the hotel .

Good place for your money
    • Superior Cottage

The staff could be nicer, especially in the lobby. They are the first to greet us and a warm welcome and smile would be great. Getting to and out of the resort is an adventure. The tracktor ride to the pier was very dangerous.

The beaches are beautiful. The resort is isolated from the business of the town. Very tranquil. The cottages are very cozy and nice.

Romantic stay in a nice natural resort
    • Deluxe Cottage

Very VERY weak and unstable WiFi. Unsufficient number of electrical outlets. Every year more and more tail & speed boats on the beach.

Romantic location. Nice places for snorkeling. Small shop within the resort.

Excellent stay. We'll come again (out of season !)
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Service / assistance for visiting the island.... Hard to get proper advice and better do by yourself in fact. Restaurant too expensive even if good food quality. Breakfast average.

Very close to the greatest beach of Phi Phi. Far from the Noisy and crowded Tonsai. Must go for couples and/or with Young children. Very quiet place. Beautiful bungalows. Nice staff. great gardens. Clean.

A peaceful and relaxing stay in Koh Phi Phi.
    • Superior Cottage

The tractor used for moving people and luggage around resulted in some noise and smoke for guests relaxing on the hotel loungers on the beach. It was easily avoided by finding a place further down the beach.

A well appointed self contained cabin room. Friendly and helpful staff. A good selection for breakfast.

A very helpful staffer arranged for us to move to another...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The standard rooms are located very far from the resort. This was not made clear when booking and was a total pain. 20 minutes uphill walking to get there. The resort does provide a shuttle service, but rather infrequently.

A very helpful staffer arranged for us to move to another resort managed by the same company after three nights free of charge. The standard rooms are fine.

Great location and views for the deluxe bungalow. Watch out for the bed and the free buffets. Eat further down the...
    • Deluxe Cottage

Bed was super hard. Uncomfortable for a long night's sleep. We had breakfast included but that and the lunch buffet were below par. Not much selection and really standard food. My girlfriend got food poisoning we believe from the lunch buffet. We lost a day because of that. The area has a great view but it's dated and in need of a refurb. The other hotel restaurants on the beach were ok. Bit overpriced for what they were. Overall pretty standard for what they charged. You can walk down the beach to find some local restaurants. Still fairly pricey. Suppose it's the inflated island prices.

We had a deluxe bungalow. Was clean. Plenty of space. Great view. Very quiet. 4 mins walk to the beach.

Friendly staff, romantic setting of beachfront restaurants.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

From the ferry you will be taken by a Thai mini boat (be careful your luggage does not end up in the water) to the pier, and then to the resort by a ... tractor. Beach and water are very polluted (so no snorkelling)

Friendly staff, romantic setting of beachfront restaurants.

A fine weather setting.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The resort was being upgraded/refurbished so there was a lot of construction materials and waste on site. Our room was around 700m from the main site and the pool at our accommodation block was not clean and had no seating. The weather was poor with heavy rain showers, there is nowhere to sit other than in the room. The balcony to our room would have been OK but there were no chairs.

The setting was lovely. We did not use the beach due to poor weather.

Watch the sunrise and sunset over the sea
    • Deluxe Cottage

Bedding could've been cleaner.

We had a little cabin with a deck overlooking the beach. Room was comfortable. Service was very good. Restaurants were good. Beaches were wonderful. The resort is on a very narrow part of the island. We were able to see the sunrise from our deck and take a brief walk to the other side of the island to see the sunset at the end of the day. Some have complained about the long-boat shuttle from the ferry but we enjoyed it thoroughly.

We stayed for almost 2 weeks and thus were considered as...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There were no major problems – just few comments: 1) The furniture in the cottage was ok, but the mattress was rather firm; also, some nightstands were old and we didn’t use them just in case – so they don’t collapse. 2) We didn’t use the safe either: you can’t open and close it by yourself – you have to call a special man to do this, which is not comfortable. Moreover, he’s available only twice a day at special time. 3) The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, but their average English is not very good – sometimes it was hard to understand each other. 4) There were not so many sunbeds near the pool. Probably it’s because the pool territory itself is rather small. It was nearly always ok during our stay (not so many visitors), but when there are more, there will surely be not enough place for everyone. The sun umbrellas were also sometimes not present – the reason is unclear to us. 5) The prices in the hotel restaurant are one of the highest in the area (250-300 bt per dish) while not so large choice (they don’t even have mango!). It was not a big problem – we found a good and much cheaper (150-200 bt) restaurant on the beach: with mango and etc. These minor imperfections do not lower overall impression and we highly recommend this hotel for staying on Phi-Phi Island!

We stayed for almost 2 weeks and thus were considered as “vip” clients (which led to some special pleasant treatment: a warm welcome, free fruit plate every day, one free dinner and once – fresh coconuts). Once again – thanks! Probably due to not so many visitors that time we were also upgraded to a superior cottage, and that was awesome. The cottage was comfortable and near all facilities required: lobby with wi-fi (so we actually had wi-fi in the room), breakfast restaurant, swimming pool and the beach. The air conditioner was also good – not too loud and could be tuned so that it doesn’t blow right on the bed. The bathroom was rather modern and with a good shower. The cleaning was done everyday without request; they also changed bed linen and towels surprisingly often. The buffet breakfast is tasty and offers good choice of dishes; the hot ones (5-6) differ from day to day. Not to forget about fresh vegetables, yoghurt, muesli, canned juices, coffee and tea, fresh fruit and bakery. And there is a cook who makes egg-dishes upon your request. The pool is clean; not very big but ok for jumping in when you get hot while lying on a sunbed. Just near the pool begins a walkway (maybe several hundred meters) where you can enjoy the view on the sea and well-groomed territory of the hotel with nice houses and plants. And near the pool there are also stairs down to a little beach. The sea just in front of the pool is very good for snorkeling - with a living reef, corals and fish. But you have to be careful about the tide. Most of the time you can enter the water safely from the sand, but during the high tide it’s not possible because of big stones in the swash. Maybe the hotel should think about a safe descending to the water despite of it’s level.

The place is unbelievable, the bungalow was immersed in the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There's no one ATM in this part of the island, be sure to bring over some cash with you.

The place is unbelievable, the bungalow was immersed in the nature, rooms very spacious, clean and comfortable. The atmosphere is incredible. The staff was always very nice! i recommend it.

Comfortable
    • Superior Cottage

Only can use WIFI at the lobby and restaurant.

Third time to stay at Phi Phi Natural, love the location and quietness , also the service. Friendly staff, good food , clean beach... will certainly go there again. Special thanks to Notto, you are always my friend.

I would not return here.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was no wifi in the rooms/cabins so you had to walk 10 minutes to reception to use it there. There were no vegetarian options in the breakfast buffet other than fruit, cereal and toast and they only had cow's milk. The staff had minimal English so were unable too facilitate any requests or answer questions. The hotel's location was no where near the lively part of Phi Phi so you had to pay at least 1200 baht each way to endure a bumpy 30 minute boat journey to get there.

The rooms were cosy and the scenery was nice.

What a location.
    • Deluxe Cottage

Breakfast was not great, could do with a good clean up and skeptics on the hygiene. Kayaks should be free for guests, as they sit there unused ALL day. The other hotels on the beach do this. Food is ok, a little overpriced based on quality, but that is common for the island based on importing everything from the mainland. Fine if you are not on a tight budget. £6-10 per main dish.

What a location. More secluded than the main tourist area. Beautiful beach, with working boats and jungle with b the doorstep. Good experience, but not if you are used to normal 4/5 star. We had a family mini room with great balcony overlooking the sea to the East, absolutely beautiful. Massage area was great, and lots of little places to eat on the beach. Great spot to relax and just unwind. Pool was small but in a brilliant setting to look out at the Northern islands and watch the long boats go to and fro.

A peace of Heaven

Beds to hard

Location perfect. This is a peaceful and natural location on Phi Phi Island. Perfect for relaxation and peace of mind. Vincenzo (management) is a great host and made our stay unforgettable.

Lovely staff, nice room & lovely beach, although very secluded location!!
    • Superior Cottage

600 baht each person to get boat taxi to hotel, hotel shares a beach with 3/4 other hotels and nothing else on the beach and costs a fortune to get anywhere. The food at hotel was average but there are nicer places to eat along the beach.

Staff were lovely, room was nice beach was nice.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

It is calm and private
    • Superior Cottage

It is hard to arrive, the only way to arrive is by boat. Prívate boat is expensive, so you need to fox your time in order to catch the Ferry (only 2 times per day)

It is calm and private

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Nice Resort but isolated
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The beds are exceptionally uncomfortable. The hotel is a bit far from anything, good to be away from people, but it is quite isolated and expensive to get back to phi phi if you don't take the ferry.

Staff were very friendly.

Nature and relax place
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The Atmosphere and nature makes together a perfect place to spend relaxing time. The staff is making an excellent job too. Thank you for nice week spent to you!!!

Family friendly with great value for money!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

actualy nothing. We had problems with the baby stroller in the sand. But that is natural. :-)

Everything! Excelent location, Great Bungalow Nice Pool Nice staff Clean very family friendly

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Lovely place with great staff!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Lovely place with great staff! Loved the room, the restaurant, the beach! Be aware of the location though. It's about 30-45 min boat ride from the main pier and all the restaurants and nightlife.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Staffs are very friendly.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

After arriving Phi Phi island, you need to take another boat (around 200 bath) to go to the north of the island where the resort is.

Staffs are very friendly. Huge private beach. You can make a small adventure the beach around by hiring a kayak. If you are a good swimmer, the snorkeling tools like mark, pin are available for renting also. In the afternoon, you can walk on the coral, see the hippopus, sea urchin, sea cucumbers.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Okish
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location is scenic however there are not many things to do in the area. The resort is quite large and the transportation with the tuk tuk or tractor is not a good experience. Small hotel beach and very few chairs. Thanks for Zeavola next door. The restaurant was not that good either.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Just an amazing getaway from busy life
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not enough sun beds which was a bit annoying sometimes, but...not important taking into account the beauty of the place.

Great friendly staff, amazing view from our Villa (7/1), breathtaking beaches with very few people - I have an intention to come back here, a place far away from the busy world where you can truly relax and forget about work :-)

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Phi Phi Natural Resort is under rated.
    • Deluxe Cottage

The free Wi-Fi was only around the lobby and restaurant. It would be better if it was available in the rooms too.

Beautiful view of the sea just outside our windows. Large comfortable room and great friendly staff. Staff spoke English well enough to make everything easy.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

The taxi boat which leads to the hotel decided to sail even...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The taxi boat which leads to the hotel decided to sail even if the waves were two meters high. Putting guests life in danger is not a good idea. The tractor which transportates guests to the hotel was passing on the beach every hour.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Mice in the rooms & more. Mediocre in general.

First you arrive at a pier where you have to wait to be transported in a cart pulled by a tractor. (This tractor keeps passing in front of you when at the beach, sounding the claxon to people...) When we got to the reception we where impossed to pay for the rooms in advance, saying that it was a Booking.com policy. Nothing like that is said in the reservation which says that THE PROPERTY can impose that. (I would realize after why they charged us before giving the service. Don't pay up front!! And Booking.com take action!! Then the first night my son found a mouse while having a shower in one room, me and my wife found rat poop in another room. We were changed rooms to another where there was poop too...!! It was a room with two bathrooms one in line with the other, so if one wanted to use a bathroom and it was occupied you had to go out of the room to enter the other bathroom that was accesible from outside the room.(?). Besides this bathroom did not have hot water and even though they came to see it, it continued that way till we left. I was really tired of reclaiming to the staff. Finally, when checking out asked to talk to the manager (that had been on holidays on those days). He said that mice problems were because of the natural environment (in 3 different rooms...??). He even put in doubt what we were saying, but for his surprise we took pictures.(I'm adding them to the review). It had been a terrible hotel experience so I asked him for a refund, at least partial, because I hadn't paid for having rats and not hot water. Apparently after consulting with some "superior" he refused. He appeared again with a blank paper denying any refund and offering to waive payment of a lunch SUBJECT TO MY WRITING A LETTER SAYING THAT HE HAD BEEN ON VACATION AND HE HAD DONE EVERYTHING ON HIS POWER... Shameful blackmailing..., surreal experience for a vacation. The guy acted mediocre, as was the hotel in general.

Very good location. In fact the whole island is beautiful. This has direct access to beach.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

pleasantly surprised
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Get ready for bug central! You'll get eaten alive. Property needs an overall renovation, looks about 20 years old, but bedroom was new (but beds are hard as a rock!) wifi was good in Lobby but not in bedrooms

This property is the best of the worst on Phi Phi - and I was pleasently surprised after reading all the other reviews.The room was newer, clean and upgraded but the overall property could use a power wash and deep clean (specifically the eating area) but you can't beat the view and beach. Really good Thai food within walking distance. Vincenzo the GM was quite nice and helped us book all our transfers.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Beautiful place, inconvenient location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel makes it impossible to get into the center of the island easily. There are no roads and the only way to get there is by boat which costs about £50 after sunset and it's really inconvenient. It should be mentioned somewhere before booking it.

Friendly staff and beautiful emplacement

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

location location..not great
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

location - 40 mins away from phi phi by boat which you either pay for yourself (about 50euro) or wait for a scheduled ferry which is about 10 euro. Good if you are looking for seclusion, not so much if you want anything outside of hotel. should really put on more ferries to give people the option of going into Tonsai in the evening

nice beach, nice staff

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Room was clean, beds comfortable, slept really well.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

enormous resort, impersonal service. terrible breakfast considering the room rate. It was a very long walk to the room from Laem Tong Beach or a wait for resort transport. We were attending a wedding and the distance and lack of transport was a pain. Bathroom drain blocked so finished my shower in 4 inches of water.

Room was clean, beds comfortable, slept really well. Lowest room rate in Laem Tong

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Avoid if you are not boring.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location was diabolical. Hotel was poor quality (Room tiny with no class). I would not recommend this hotel unless you are a married couple and want to sit around doing nothing. This is a travesty as a solo traveler or any couple looking for more than a sun lounger in the middle of nowhere. I moved hotels after the first night (Booked in and paid for 10 days), would not call this 5*. Much better hotels on Phi Phi or Elsewhere in Thailand.

Staff average, not welcoming.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

The relationship manager is absolutely brilliant.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I felt the linen , especially the towels were old (worn out) and the bathrooms needed attention. Our tap by the basin was loose. Shower didn't drain properly and after a while you had to close the tap or risk the water running all over the floor. The edge around shower were rusted and dirty.

The relationship manager is absolutely brilliant. They had a wonderful fire show the one evening at the restaurant while we had dinner. There is some brilliant restaurants down the beach from the resort.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Totally worth it. Wish we could stay here longer!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was basic, shower was super basic, no water pressure - but not a deal breaker.

Location was amazing. It was a bit of a trek to our room from the beach, but the view from the room was ace! Shuttle from reception to the accomodation was a life saver in the heat.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Nice escape
    • Superior Cottage

Internet was shocking. Understand its a problem in the area. Not a place you want to have to work. Phone signal only near reception

Very friendly staff. The italian gentleman was great.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

A piece of nature
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a problem with water, and the staff upgraded our friends' room. There is nothing to do around the hotel area after 10pm. The restaurants close at 10pm. There was wifi in the rooms, but very slow.

The breakfast was very good. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Standard rooms are a bit far from the sea but that's not a big problem. The personnel was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Good but quite expensive compering to Thailand standards
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Expensive, only way to get here from main town is by ferry or speedboat which costs 200thb per person one way

Rich breakfast, comfortable bed, clean room

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Worst experience in Thailand
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rude and unfriendly staff. Old and dirty rooms, moldy bathroom, damaged furniture see the pictures. We changed 3 times the cottage nur it didnt get better. The whole complex is in an unsatisfied condition. Dont go there and waste your Time and money.

The Location of the Hotel is direct at a nice beach

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Dont go to this hotel!!
    • Superior Cottage

Doesn't worth price ,believe me. Not good breakfast,the staff not nice to guests. Can't sit quietly at the beach without the hotel tractor/shuttle always disturbing and driving near you

,Nothing,go to other hotel,there better hotels on the beach...

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Huge disappoinment on catering and service
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff was not the usual polite and happy Thai people that we know from Thailand. Perhaps because there were so many Russian guests. The restaurant for dinner was a huge disappointment and the service extremely poor. We experienced that we ordered a dinner where my partner received his food. And only when he had eaten his dinner, my plate arrived. We refused and sent my meal back. It took ages before anyone took our drinks order and delivered the drinks. We had dinner one evening + New Years and then ate at other restaurants at the beach for the remainder of the stay. Without exception, any of the other guests we spoke to were all dissatisfied with either room, catering or the general service. What a shame for such a beautiful resort/location.

Beautiful view from room. Beautiful room.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Too isolated and no activity organized by the resort
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The resort is isolated and a bit far from Tom Sai. I traveled alone; the first day it rained and there was nothing at all to do. The resort doesn't have common spaces where meet people neither an organization of activities. I asked for a cancellation with refund but the resort didn't give it to me

The food. Good cooking at the lunch buffet and at breakfast. I liked the Lang Ton Bay because it's very romantic at evening..Just the resorts and the sea.There are just a few restaurants on the bay and they are located on the beach

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Be Sure to read reviews and know what you are looking for in a hotel...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The person in charge of organizing tours has very limited English. We decided to upgrade our room because if you are not in the Deluxe Cottage, staying at this hotel is not worth the price. The standard rooms have very hard beds, 4 feet away with perfect view into other peoples rooms and very far walk from the beach. We had numerous problems during our 5 day stay, from start to finish. Miscommunications, no response to emails prior to arrival, physical injury accident because of old furniture. Much Much cheaper to eat along the beach with better service and food.

The breakfast was great! the hotel staff (although lacking experience and basic English fluency) were very nice and helpful. They made an effort and were as helpful as possible. Manager did his best to fix issues. Very hard working. Very fun new years evening there. 300 baht for a lunch box and water bottle for excursions and day trips, you can make and fill with all and any items from the huge breakfast buffett. great beach area and swimming, a couple of awesome local places to eat, quite.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

couldn't sleep well because the rooms we stayed are not sound proof.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Couldn't sleep well because the superior rooms are not sound proof at all. I could hear everything from neighbors during the night. The Italian manager was not so friendly when we approached him for the problem, which was disappointing. Rooms are pre-allocated, we couldn't choose. But on the third day of our stay, they changed our room.

The scent of rooms are nice. Nice surrounding of mountains and beach. Good for relaxation. Most staffs are friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

All hype, no value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rude hotel manager, extremely poor service from the staff. Rooms are not great and over priced. Not what it says on the tin.

The location of the property is on a private beach and very nice, there are a few hotels around here to chose from.

Great beautiful site..... Bring your wallet and cash!
    • Superior Cottage

The price of beer and food was expensive. But that being said it is an tourist island...

The place was amazing and really close to the beach with easy access to everything that we wanted. The breakfast was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

The Private Beach is amazing for those who love the water!
    • Superior Cottage

This wasn't a problem for us because we enjoyed the quiet, although visitors who want to experience a more festive and party scene may prefer to say in Tonsai. For those who want a quiet and relaxed time on Ko Phi Phi, go to Phi Phi Natural!

The Private Beach is amazing for those who love the water! Alittle rocky but it didn't matter to us because we spent all our time in the water! Completely private, rarely anyone else around and you can snorkel the entire area!

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

If you can't afford a cottage, don't go !
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

When we booked we didn't know that there was a horrible building at the far end of the resort (where everything is plastic). It is overpriced to be 15 minutes away from the lobby / swimming pool / beach. When we asked for a possible change, the manager offered us a WONDERFUL 10% discount on the price of a random cottage. Extremely disappointing !