Reviews of Rama Gardens Hotel Bangkok 4 stars

9/9 Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd., Laksi, Laksi, 10210 Bangkok, Thailand

#754 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

Overall quality stay snd a great Breakfast
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The only little thing that spoiled it abit. We extended the stay by 1 day but, unfortunately The breakfast was’nt included so we paid and we were told we had 50% but only got 10% little Mis-communication between staff

Staff were very friendly & helpful. Breakfast was very good, great selection of food very impressive. We will be coming back thats for sure

The Staff helping, facilities, cleanliness.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Extending our stay was very confusing. We stayed a well and wanted to stay another night and sorted it out a few days before hand at the reception. We had a nasty surprise when we soon realised we had to pay for breakfast about £70 worth! (we had breakfast included before) and our cards got faulty even though they reassured us we would have everything the same and no extra charges. Staff was also confused and communication was not the best between the different departments.

The Staff helping, facilities, cleanliness.

Good and spacious property.
    • Executive Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Spa at the hotel is not up to standards. Staff at spa hurt you when you have a massage. Aromatherapy massage is not a hard massage but staff are doing Thai massage which is very hard and painful. Also went to get my nails done at the same spa. Staff did not really know what she was doing. She could not do proper filling on my nails all my nails looked different shapes. She cut my skin off at the edges of my nail. Which left me bleeding and sore for many days. Not a professional service at the spa. Please get professional or train staff. When you take a holiday at a spa one of the key advantages is to unwind and spoil yourself. But with the spa staffing this service is letting the hotels good rating down

Good and spacious property. Very friendly staff. Clean environment

Not happy with stay at all

The dusty room

The hotel have a bad odor throughout! Had hair in my food! Room was super dusty! I’m now really sick from enhaling all the dust! Bathroom spelled like pee and public restroom !

We really enjoyed our stay. We were able to relax in a beautiful, peaceful and friendly environment,
    • Executive Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It is not convenient to go into the city and come back by yourself,

We stayed in the new building. The room is very spacious and clean. I particularly like the bay window where you can sit comfortably and enjoy the view of the city and the swimming pool. The trees on the grounds are truly wonderful. The shuttle bus into and from the downtown area is very convenient.

Great hotel, convenient to airport
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel was huge and very nicely set out. The staff were all lovely and the facilities really good. The bed was really comfy, we unfortunately had to check out before breakfast so didn't get to try that.

Beyond my expectation ... very good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel is quite far away from everything , if you don't have car, you need to use taxi to get around

Unexpected experience in this hotel. Everything is very good beyond my expectation. The hotel is huge, beautiful design, breakfast is good, room is modern, staff was friendly and helpful.

I loved the cleanliness of the room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

That it's very far deep from main street and hard to get around town if you don't have a car.

I loved the cleanliness of the room. Staff were very friendly.

Excellent hotel, just not a good location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location is bad. Although it says is close to the airport, which it is, hotel is on a very long avenue with no roundabouts, so if you want to go to the opposite side you have to go through all the avenue and then only U-turn at the end. This doesn't seem a big deal, but in Bangkok traffic jams it is. We were once about one hour untill we found a taxi driver who was willing to take us to the hotel at a fair price, because there was a traffic jam and cab drivers either refused taking us there, or asked for a fortune to do so. Thailand Kingdom, please build some roundabouts in this avenue and problem solved!

They upgraded our room, which was excellent, and staff were very friendly and helpful. The view from our room was great. All facilities were very clean.

Revisiting a hotel I once called my home away from home
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast in the old building (greenery cafe) on second day, dishes were damaged and partly broken,very worn down public area in old part, hallways without air-conditioning and with filthy carpets. What annoyed me most was the fact that I sent two emails to the hotel without ever receiving an answer.

Close to Don Mueang, nice pool area, quiet breakfast in new building part (on first day), very friendly and helpful staff, especially the bell captain and service staff. I used to stay here frequently about fifteen years ago, and not much has changed. Rooms in the old part and parts of the lobby have been renovated once, but the rest remained pretty much the same. Somehow it made me feel like being home, somehow it depressed me that not much money is being invested in renovation. New part of hotel with bigger rooms is still highly recommendable.

Poor check in
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Check in was poor and unprofestional, My arrival time was 2300 ( Sep 1) with 3 employee available (including the duty manager) . I walked to the person closest to me( which was the duty manager) but wasn't notice so another employee called me over. They had trouble finding my booking which kept me waiting for about 20mins. And still nothing. I was then ask to show my part of the confirmation ( after asking what is taking them so long) of the booking from my email. The duty manager still blames the internet and mumbles about it without any concerns about me waiting to get checked in.

Quite

A top Hotel for half the cost
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The smell in some of the rooms...may have been the newer part of the complex. Up side was I was upgraded...very nice thankyou.

The service I received while a Rama was second to none. Loved the morning breakfast and the politeness given from your employees.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

It isn't as good as it used to be!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The front-desk staff are not as friendly as they used to be. I don't know what went wrong with them. I also don't like the way they called me to confirm whether I was going to stay with them. The tone of their call made me feel insulted! In addition, the breakfast quality isn't as good as it used to be.

The bellboys and mates are very friendly as usual.

gret value please book with breakfast

Brekfast Price is to expensive

Good Value for the money, Breakfast is over expensive... 2 people nearly 1000 baht...you can eat dinner with 6 peaple for this money..

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

A fair deal for basic accommodation
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location: far away from everything, even the AirPort takes over half an hour due to the insane traffic and the one way loop to the AirPort Inaccessible WiFi policy Pool closes too soon (I believe 6 or 7 Pm) Overall friendlyness and staff efficiency not op to Thai standards

The price is good, and the basic service is good: you sleep well and the rooms are spacious. We booked as an overnight stay between two flights on two different AirPorts.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

A peaceful resort in the city
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A bit far from town. But that's compensate by a peaceful location instead.

The place was peaceful. Feel like resort in the city. The staffs are very helpful and service is superb. I had problem with wifi at first, they sent me a router in my room for better use. And the front office manager called to check if there was any problem. Very impressive!! Will definitelyreturn again and again.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Business stop in Bangkok
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Food was average - good selection but generally warm rather than hot and ran out of things due to huge number of visitors staying at the hotel. Had usual trouble with pre paid bills but seem to be an issue outside of Europe in that they wanted to charge me despite the fact that my accommodation had already been prepaid

Good location for me and nice ambient and reasonable rooms at fair price

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Good room and food
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It is a huge hotel with 5 event rooms. on this day 3 for weddings and 2 for conferences which meant it was very busy. Breakfast food is spread in a tiny area so with only a small number of people waiting to get food it felt chaotic and awkward to move around and get what I wanted.

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night as it was the venue for a friends wedding. We were lucky to be upgraded to a suite because they had over booked the room type we booked. The room was very nice, large and well decorated with a huge bathroom. Breakfast was fairly good especially the made to order omelette and variety

It's quite costly to get there by taxi from Suvarnabhumi...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We stayed at the hotel a few years before and had a very good impression overall. We stayed at three other hotels in Thailand on this trip. We found the service at the reception area at the hotel to be not as efficient as at other hotels.

It's quite costly to get there by taxi from Suvarnabhumi Airport and from downtown because of its unique location. However, we enjoyed the garden (mostly the extensive grounds and the trees) and the trees around the swimming pool. We did not give the swimming pool the highest rating because of the service. The towels are not available at 7 a.m. when the pool is open. There seems to be a confusion among the staff whether the pool is open at 7 or 9. The free shuttle service to and from Central World (in the downtown shopping district) is great. allows you to enjoy the excitement of downtown while staying in a garden. The ride could be very long with the traffic. It may be a good way to see Bangkok, but it may be a good idea to take something along to do on the way particularly if you travel with children. The food is wonderful and the staff in the restaurants are very helpful although there seems to be a rush in the morning to get ready for lunch when there is a big group of people attending conferences coming for lunch. We believed the breakfast time to be until ten, but were told on our last day that the food would be removed at nine.We had to rush to get the food. We were told that we could stay on to eat leisurely after nine, but we were made uncomfortable when we stayed too long. We were told that there was another breakfast area that's open until ten thirty, but it was when we were told that the food would be removed at nine and after we had started eating. We got a lot of help with the Internet connection. The technicians who came to help were very courteous and kind. The bell boys were wonderful, alert and attentive. They helped with luggage storage, calling a taxi and reserving a ride in the shuttle bus

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

We chose this because it was close to the DMK airport and we...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great for one night but if you want to see Bangkok it's not near anything. It was also packed with Chinese tourists so was quite noisy, especially in the restaurant, and felt more like a convention centre than a hotel. But on the whole we enjoyed our stay.

We chose this because it was close to the DMK airport and we were just stopping over for the night. For one night it was fine - very comfortable and clean, great pool and nice grounds.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Upgraded facility that I would recommend to friends
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

One of the power points didn't seem to work as one of our phones didn't charge. We were checking out at 4am and we're relying on it in case we fell asleep after receiving the wake up call. Lucky it wasn't needed.

We selected the property based on the photo of the room and it was exactly as pictured

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Proximity to the Airport
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Llocation is the worse, only come if you are not going to see Bangkok center. Charged us +1000 baht for early check in (were not informed before)

Proximity to the Airport

This is not 5 Star hotel, It's 3 Satr hotel only
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

My room located some where which was allot of noise from some generator from hotel, whole day long , food in the resturant was soooooooooooo bad, BOOKING.COM CAN NOT SELL THIS HOTEL AS 5 STAR , this is 3Star hotel only,

Staf

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

RAMA GARDEN
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The traffic in and out during rush hours

Its location is perfect for business around Rangsit area. The facilities is sufficient for business travellers and away from the city proper

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Place to forget the time
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Bad service in the sport complex, the massage for girl is too bad, they can't speak English, the gym is too old. They don't have SPA center. The sauna and tourco is old.

The room is big, nice and clean. The pool is good. I like the restaurant service and the food is so delicious. The security people is friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

I 've got the room upgraded to a very luxurious kind.
    • Executive Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was a little thing went wrong with the online reservation: booking.com, so it took very long time checking in. I was too tired and sleepy. I coped.

I 've got the room upgraded to a very luxurious kind. The staffs were so nice.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

There is no convenient shop anywhere nearby.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There is no convenient shop anywhere nearby. Coming back from city has to make a U turn very far up the major road. If there is a traffic jam, this can take an hour.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Facility is plus.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Receptionist old lady and a man not friendly, while we are checking out they like a robot. If it have alot of customer I do understand but it have no one. Not even look to my face. All are good but last spot it ruin our stay.

Good location not far from the airport for early morning flight. Buffet it great fresh seafood and Thai desert it fantastic.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms were musty dusty and dark. Decor outmoded. Prices of room service and restaurant food were expensive for what they served

Location was useful for the business we had to conduct

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

huge hotel with many options

perfect!!!

WE booked the room an hour before we checked in. They didn't have our booking in the system. We had to wait until they checked in the office. The lady came back 10 minutes later to inform us the hotel was full but that they had upgraded us to the Royal Suite. It was amazing :) :)

Big Garden

Old wing of this hotel

Staff

Ideal location for our bsuness needs, the bathroom needs to be renovated.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Bathroom, small and dated. Water had trouble draining while I was in shower

Location was ideal for our needs

Very nice staff and garden

It is OK for me

The garden and lobby so nice room size OK

great value for money

great value for money

Mosquito a lot !

Service and swimming pool

Nice room
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The environment outside the room (room floor)

The deliceus food at the Hotel Resturant (not including in the hotel rate)

I loved how close and accessible the hotel is to Don-Mueng...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I loved how close and accessible the hotel is to Don-Mueng Airport, it takes only about 15 mins by taxi to get there!

Rama Gardens Hotel Bangkok
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Such a gorgeous property with staff who will do anything. The pools are stunning and the rooms are really nice.

wifi very poor connection

wifi very poor connection

No comment
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Smilly hallway. Tv has no cable channel

Great place close to Donmueang Airport
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

- Noisy atmosphere in the corridor (doors do not isolate that well)

+ Great Location close to DMK airport + Friendly staff

All staffs are very kind and helpful

All staffs are very kind and helpful

Nice hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Quietly hotel suitable stay and nice garden a lot of big tree.

Unfriendly front staff(not everyone)
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Unfriendly front staff(not everyone)

Greenery

Old

Greenery

Rated as a 4 Star hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rated as a 4 Star hotel.. clearly exceeds it!

Good to stay for relax but not suitable for muslim traveller
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Wifi connection was slow and no halal food thus the location is far from Mall or restaurant.

Quiet and calm

I reserved in this hotel because it was near to airport but it was not good stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room has very bad smell and not clean.

Very cozy

It's very classy.

l won't be going back there
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

If you are not Chinese and arrive on a tour bus you are not welcome

A good place to stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not much accommodative on the tourist requirement. It is the system that a tourist has to fit into.

The ambience

The ambience

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

I love their breakfast :)
    • Executive Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I love their breakfast :)

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff could smile a little more instead of looking down on younger customers

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Cleanliness

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Nice room

A bit slow on WiFi

Very niice room in new wing. Clean and new.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

The breakfast was good

Pillows were hard

The breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Rama Garden
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No within walking distance convenience

If you want to go North of the city for business a great location

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Okay...But not suggesting any body to stay

Service. Service Service

Front desk service...Poor WiFi.. Connection... Poor in the room. Restaurant.... Nobody for service.... Very poor

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Good location and value for money
    • Executive Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not included but stated it was on my booking???

Good location and value for money

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

good

good

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Great rate with comfort :)
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great rate with comfort :)

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

We stayed here for one night because we flew into Don Mueang...

This hotel seemed like the type of place that was really fresh and new in the 1980s, but was never really updated. A lot of the amenities seemed pretty run down and out of date. Also, the restaurants and other stores were really expensive compared to most places in the area, so I would recommend eating/drinking somewhere else. As stated, the location is great for Don Mueang, but not really anything else. It is really difficult to get most interesting places in Bangkok. So if you want to see a lot of Bangkok, I would stay somewhere else.

We stayed here for one night because we flew into Don Mueang Airport and were flying out of the same airport the following morning. I think one of the only reasons a traveler would want to stay here is to be close to the airport, which it was great for. The pool area was also pretty nice, and they have a large grounds with opportunities for a lot of activities, like tennis and other sports. It also seemed like this was a great hotel for conventions or meetings, because it was huge and had a ton of space and ballrooms. There is also a free shuttle that can bring you to certain places around Bangkok, but the hours aren't that great most of the time.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

Rooms are big and spacious.

Rooms are big and spacious. Breakfast has 2 areas so it's not crowded. And choices for the buffet was varied. Very good value for money. The garden grounds is a nice urban oasis.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

The room is renovated and nice decoration.

This is year 2016 but, the hotel does not give a free wifi for guests. You have to pay 100 baht ($3) per hour if you'd like to use. The location is poor and good depending on where you are going. The u-turn brides to go to the hotel are really so far in the traffic Vipawadee road.

The room is renovated and nice decoration.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2016

Its near the airport, and the pool was great!

The bed was hard, so not comfortable. My telephone room was broken on the 1st day and the last day I was there. There should be more staff that can speak english fluently.

Its near the airport, and the pool was great! the food is delicious.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2016

We checked in so late at night but service was really good.

The hotel was on an one-way street so we had to detour. Therefore taxi fares from city centre to there is quite high. Also take a lot of time

We checked in so late at night but service was really good. The staff was willing to help, nice and friendly

• Reviewed: 29 January 2016

The buffet was amazing!

The bed was a little hard but overall very comfy.

The buffet was amazing! Lots of great food. Live singer during dinner. Close to DMK airport. Helpful staff. Awesome!

• Reviewed: 12 January 2016

Hotel was well laid out and rooms very comfortable.

If I could think of one thing it would be that they did not have sparkling water in the mini bar

Hotel was well laid out and rooms very comfortable. Meals were excellent. Gardens and pool area very pleasant. Staff very helpful and always happy to assist

• Reviewed: 10 April 2015

It has large grounds and swimming pool which disguises...

It is too far from Suvarnabhumi airport if the cab driver does not know Rama's address! If you arrive at Bangkok in the evening, get a closer hotel to avoid an hour-long taxi ride.

It has large grounds and swimming pool which disguises somewhat the feeling you are in the middle of a large city.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2016

Very nice pool and breakfast buffet.

There is nothing close in a walking distance

Very nice pool and breakfast buffet. Close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

Good gym

Very slow internet, hard bed, poor breakfast, many noisy Chinese tourists

Good gym

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

pool area is fantastic with large pool and swim up bar.

beds are quite hard

pool area is fantastic with large pool and swim up bar. rooms are neat and tidy. free shuttle to near by shopping centres

There are also 53 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.