Reviews of Rome Place Hotel 3 stars

23/8 Soi Hub-Aik, Phuket Road, Muang District, 83000 Phuket Town, Thailand

#88 of 110 hotels in Phuket Town

A decent cost effective hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The matresses were overused and had the springs coming out around the edges. Would be advisable tonchange them. Our air conditioner didn’t work properly however cannot comment on other rooms. The elevator was also almost daily out of service for hours. Not sure why. But overall, it was still a decent hotel for the price we paid and would still stay there in the future.

The hotel was cost effective and had a few shops directly around the hotel, for food and other supplies. Staff were also helpful.

If you go, ask to see your room before handing over cash
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Photos do not reflect what my room was like. 413. Or the location outside. Heavy amount of photoshop I suspect. Don't like that the second thing spoken by the girl on the front desk was "You must pay 3500baht now!" Electrical sockets that sparked when plugs were pushed in. No hot water in the bathroom sink. Wet room shower flooded so that you couldn't use the toilet for over an hour without the use of welly boot. Windows rattled in their frames with gaps big enough for me to pass my mobile phone through. A bar just below my window with some very loud local customers. WiFi, 24MBPS download 15MBPS upload, only if sat in the corridor. In my room, barely recordable.

The best thing about this place is getting to leave early. If you remember what Spanish hotels were like in the 70's and early 80's, then you will have a good understanding of what this place was like.

Hotel and staff was good but in the morning when I was about...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It is far from Bangla road and taxi fares were too high 500 thb one way so I spend taxi fare more than my room rent :)

Hotel and staff was good but in the morning when I was about to checkout electricity gone and didn’t come till I checked out. Otherwise all was fine

Nice basic hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Was sometimes noisy at night time. The shower was very weak. Not a lot around the hotel.

We stayed for 5 nights and enjoyed our time. Our room was big and clean. The bed was comfy. They provided towels, soap and water. The Wi-Fi was good too. Bathroom was nice. Cleaning staff were friendly and hard working. Reception staff were friendly but didn't speak great English. The location was Okay.

I WILL NEVER BE BACK!!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

After we checked out about 8am, we left our luggage behind the reception as we were going for day tour and we had our flight to BKK about 9:30pm. After we returned from our day trip we talked to the manager telling her how much we loved our stay, and how incredible room service was. She was very nice lady. While we were talking she needed to answer the phone, and after that she was just busy. While she was on the phone we asked a very young girl on reception (she said later that her name was Mild) where we can take shuttle bus to the airport. She seems to be very unhappy that we bother her while she was on her phone using whatsapp/LINE, but she explained, but not so well where bus stop is, so we were trying to find this bus stop for next 30 minutes without any results. However when we returned to the hotel we asked her for the help if she could call taxi for us, and she called somewhere, and said that they have no cars, and than she returned to do her business which was siting in Facebook and do not giving a fu** about anyone around. We’ve been standing there looking at her, but from that point she treated us like an air. I asked her if there is no other taxi company, and she answered that she don’t know any other taxi (and she got access to computer and she could find it easily), however I GOOGLE THAT ON MY PHONE, and I asked her to call that company which I founded, and she called that company and she gave me handset to speak to them and returned to her Facebook?!?!? (Obviously I don’t speak Thai language)!!!!!! and I was like WTF?! and she was completely ignoring us and this that we need to catch taxi to get to the airport. It was Songkran period so most of the streets around hotel were in danger to get weet (which is not good when you have two laptops in your bag, expensive camera, and other stuff and your bag is not waterproof at all), however.....

I loved my stay, honestly it was one of the nicest and cleanest places in Thailand. Honestly room service was like in 5 star hotel. Absolutely FABOLOUS! We even left money on bed when we were checking out as honestly room service was doing such a GOOD job. I never seen such a level of service. It was PERFECT! We even talked to the manager (very nice lady) about this how happy we were, and how much we loved our stay. Unfortunately this what happen after our check out ruined our feeling about this place, and we will NEVER EVER be back after this incident.

I WILL NEVER EVER BE BACK THERE!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

After we checked out about 8am, we left our luggage behind the reception as we were going for day tour and we had our flight to BKK about 9:30pm. After we returned from our day trip we talked to the manager telling her how much we loved our stay, and how incredible room service was. She was very nice lady. While we were talking she needed to answer the phone, and after that she was just busy. While she was on the phone we asked a very young girl on reception (she said later that her name was Mild) where we can take shuttle bus to the airport. She seems to be very unhappy that we bother her while she was on her phone using whatsapp, but she explained, but not so well where bus stop is, so we were trying to find this bus stop for next 30 minutes without any results. However when we returned to the hotel we asked her for the help if she could call taxi for us, and she called somewhere, and said that they have no cars, and than she returned to do her business which was siting in Facebook and do not giving a fu** about anyone around. We’ve been standing there looking at her, but from that point she treated us like an air. I asked her if there is no other taxi company, and she answered that she don’t know any other taxi (and she got access to computer and she could find it easily), however I GOOGLE THAT ON MY PHONE, and I asked her to call that company which I founded, and she called that company and she gave me handset to speak to them and returned to her Facebook?!?!? (Obviously I don’t speak Thai language)!!!!!! and I was like WTF?! and she was completely ignoring us and this that we need to catch taxi to get to the airport. It was Songkran period so most of the streets around hotel were in danger to get weet (which is not good when you have two laptops in your bag, expensive camera, and other stuff and your bag is not waterproof at all), however..... Mild was ignoring us, doing her business on Facebook and whatsapp using her white iPhone and front desk computer...

Enjoy next trip
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Surrounding hotel so many dogs.

Rome Place Hotel near a shopping mall and a lot of Muslim restaurant. Nice place to stay with family.. 200m from hotel have mosque.. cheaper room.

Was cheap so pretty good for price.

Bed was uncomfortable.

Cheap and reasonably clean. Staff weren’t that friendly but had worse. Bed was quite old with springs popping out so we didn’t have the best sleeps (could have just been our room though). Relatively close to things (markets, bars, etc)

They had friendly staff, organised taxi to harbour, large...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They advertised breakfast yet didnt do it, the location was in the middle of unpleasant surrounding, not close to anything, the fridge provided was dirty and not very cold, the glasses provided was dirty.

They had friendly staff, organised taxi to harbour, large bed, balcony, television, an elevator and it was close to a food store.

Accepted that it is only 3 star rating
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No electric kettle available when requested. Room should be equipped with ceiling fan as air conditioning for sleeping throughout the night is not so good.

it was not worth the money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Facilities in the room was bad. Room was nothing like what they portrait on website. unfriendly lady at the reception. room smelt stuffy.

The location was the only best thing about this place as it was near markets and malls.

Perfect location thanks to the 3 days night festival
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

If you like old things it is okay, because nothing is modern on the building... old style rooms and miss more lights

The staff is always available if you have a problem. Very welcoming and smiling even if it’s late during the night...

Best bargain for a budget price
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast included was basic but then you could not expect more for such a budget price. I wish there was a better breakfast for an addition price as an optional payment that would not tax the staff too much of their time.

Considering this is a budget hotel the service was excellent. Beddings and towels changed and rooms and baths cleaned, not just bins emptied, sweeper and cleanedwere cleaned every day. In addition 2 glass bottles of water left for complimentary consumption daily. Unlike many places the large towels were fairly new and cleaned fresh. Rooms are large with balconies. A small fridge available for personal food stocks. A lift operating to all levels.

Hellish
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I won't be derogative rather say nothing except i'll never use Booking .com again it is obvious to me your company does not inspect the property's you advertised room service one of the reasons I chose this place the kitchen has been closed for God knows how long I can only suggest that your company has a realy good look see how long any of your employees would stay, to top it all I wasn't shown the room just asked to pay £600

the staff were great very helpful bedding & towels spotless changed every day

The most amazing place to rest at the end of a long trip.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The most amazing place to rest at the end of a long trip. Central to Phuket town. I was looking to book a hostel, and couldn't believe when I came across this hotel at a similar price. There was a balcony, air con, cable, and a lift as well as 24 hour reception who were friendly and helpful. The beds were extra comfy and everything was fresh and clean. I couldn't have asked for more. I chose to avoid pattong and stayed only in the town, needing some privacy and rest after too much partying left me feeling exhausted and weak. Perfect place, and 10 minutes walk from the airport bus station which saved spending 8 times more on a cab. Absolutely perfect!

Never again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bad wifi, the beds have an old blanket, much noise from outside, tiny toilet and shower in 1. No shampoo, showergel, flip flops. 1 toiletpaper, you need to ask for the another one. The bathroom is dark and also the room.

A good value stay in Phuket Town
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The key on my original room snapped as I went to use it. Thankfully the team set me up in another room. It was mostly fine but if I were to be picky I’d say that it would be nice to have some shampoo and the bottled water was really old and unappealing.

Hotel staff were friendly and accommodating given I arrived late. The room was very spacious and quite clean. The bed was comfortable and it had what seemed like a new aircon unit

Good value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It's a very big hotel and there didn't seem to be many other guests so the atmosphere wasn't as good as other places we've stayed.

Really nice room with balcony and good view. Everything was very clean.

the building is real impressive, but they need a lot of care inside. I don't recommend.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

WIFI is disastrous, totally amateur installation and had no password, the condition of my room was uninhabitable and i had to move to another one, which one was quite habitable.

Rome Place hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had breakfast included with our room, It consisted of just toast, juice and tea. We were given no other options despite breakfast advertisments in the lift. For an extra 100 THB it is not worth the price at all. Our room was great and we had a balcony but the windows are obviously not double glazed so we heard the stray dogs barking constantly throughout the night and the locals were having parties on the streets until the early hours.

It was very clean, comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. They let us leave our luggage at no extra charge and helped us print off tickets when needed.

Good value for (budget) money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hot water ran out after 1 minute in the shower, but then again we paid this price for other hotels and they only offered cold water. Our friends room did smell a bit funky, but ours was fine.

Considering what you pay, what you receive is great. We paid 450THB for a standard room, which was equipped with air con, mini bar with a few reasonably priced beers, waters, cokes etc. Space was big enough and has everything you need. People around Phuket Town are really friendly and helpful.

Good Hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We used this hotel as a rest hotel to get to our main hotel. The hotel was neat and clean. Staff was great and the food was good. Without a doubt this hotel is great for short stay.

Hotel with poor breakfast menu.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

100% breakfast I didn't like.. 2 days I didn't take breakfast. No near by hotel's also..

Poor poor poor poor breakfast... Mentioned breakfast is free but end up, bread butter jam.. nonsense breakfast...

They tried to open my room door with their universal/spare key forcefully while I was resting
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

One morning I couldn't sleep the last night I was too tired from GOT7's concert where I was supposed to have a tour in the morning, I emailed the tour saying sorry I think I'm cancelling my tour & just go w/o me, I know the consequences I won't get any refund, but I guess they havent read my email yet & still picked me up at my hotel, the hotel both called my room & knocked on my door a few (pssst not a few) times, but I was too tired to even that I thought it was in my dream while I'm sleeping, so I woke up a few hours later the hotel still called me every 2 hours & literally yelled on my door like they thought I was dead in my room until I picked up the phone a few more hours later, and I basically said "WHAT?!", they said "oh you're staying 1 more night" in my mind I was like "hmm, yes, and you can see that in your data did you really have to call me, oh I forgot, u meant just to make sure Im not dead right". I didn't response cause I already have a panic attack at this point I just want to stay still. What I didn't like, they dont think its possible for me to actually just sleep & rest a whole day, cancel a tour cause I'm too worn out from the concert the night before! I mean.. I had a panic attack cause they called me every 2 hours & knocked on my door, tried to open my door with their access key, like they had a traumatic event similar like this before

I like how it's pretty strategic, only around 200m to the nearest mosque, 2km to saphan in stadium (because my main purpose was to see GOT7's concert at that stadium), 200m to the nearest mall, atm or convenience store

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

The stuff don't speack english at all, couldn't get...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The stuff don't speack english at all, couldn't get any information about the excursions that they offer or how to get to the ferry. Also, the inclusive breakfast wasn't good.

Great overnight spot before going to Phi Phi
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is very meagre but enough (coffee and toast with jam)

Bedroom has aircon Views of surrounding area Good value for money Close to restaurants and Rassada Pier for transfer to Phi Phi (highly recommend Cottage Restaurant) Friendly staff

Good accommodation for a short stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff is hardly speaking English. The breakfast is very poor, no eggs, just bread and butter and some coffe with no taste and orange juice (even I have paid for breakfast with eggs).

The room is clean and the property is relatively close to buss station. The beds are big, the WiFi is good and they also give you a bottle of water every day. The staff is friendly, but quite hard to communicate.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

A convenient place in Phuket
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel in Phuket Downtown. Great place if you want to go Phi phi ( only 15 minutes car from Ratsada Pier). If you want to know the Island you can rent a motorbike 200 baths/day) and go Phatong Beach .JUAN (Buenos Aires)

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

commented above
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

it's too far from everything if you go for holiday or leisure. only taxi can reach there but not mini bus. mini bus refused

it's value for money if you stay for a day but it's too far from everything if you go for holiday or leisure

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Not great
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The wifi was shocking seeing as you have to pay 100 baht for access in your bedroom. It was so slow and kept turning off. Room wasn't clean at all. We didn't feel all that safe. The beds weren't comfortable. I wouldn't recommend!

The staff were helpful.

Super super unhappy
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Whole building need to renovate include toilets and flooring and cabinet Must improve WiFi especially rooms no WiFi

Super super poor condition of all bedrooms especially toilets and air con Never in my life would like to book or stay again. Super dirty and super poor WiFi And breakfast super lousy bad

Perfect location super staff our stay was lovely will recomend

Super friendly and helpful

Awesome place

Big clean room with balcony!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Big clean room with balcony! It was lovely and clean and perfect for the amount of time we was spending here :) free water everyday and towels!

Location as it far away from main attraction area walking...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location as it far away from main attraction area walking street tuk tuk or taxi charge you 600 bath every time

Good location at Budget price

Poor toilet facilities

10 minutes walk to Top Superstore and McDonald plus market.

If you want a cheap hotel with good air conditioning friendly staff but needs update
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Sink traps needed unclogging sink tap loose

Very large room good air conditioning comfortable bed

Good choice to stay overnight waiting to catch a boat at Rassada Pier.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not much around, may be boring for longer stays.

Location, close to Rassada Pier. 24h check-in desk. Nice room.

Really enjoyed and nice place.

Same as above.

Very clean tidy. Location was really good. Cooperative staff. Overall really like it alot.

Clean rooms and nice outside view.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No nearby Indian restaurants.

Clean rooms and nice outside view.

Need to improve a lots.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Need to improve a lots.the hotel are soo sorrow.need to keep clean and tidy.the towel given to me was dirty.this hotel need to improve a lot.

value for.money

too old

good price and good location

There is a better places in Phuket

Loud Cockroaches Poor staff english

Cheap Good localization

Cheap stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Was no bar or facilities

Very cheap

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staffs were rude. They might have (at least it seems to me) racist attitude towards Indian or Bangladeshi guests.

No adequate breakfast facilities
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No adequate breakfast facilities NOisy street staff were helpful and moved me to a quite room

Staff were lovely, and the rooms were nice and clean (with...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

How loud some of the guests were, smashing on doors at 2am.

Staff were lovely, and the rooms were nice and clean (with decent aircon).

Good hotel in phataya

Breakfest

Clean, syper personal, good lcation

Hotel massage service was wonderful.

The hotel is old and our room was abit smelly.

Hotel massage service was wonderful. Really enjoyed it!

good worth money, staff helpful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

large room, good location, clean room daily, fridge.

Good location near the ferry port
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Overcharged on property cost which was realised by staff, but also won't get refunded for two weeks.

Good location near the ferry port

The Pictures are old and dont display how it looks now.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The Pictures are old and dont display how it looks now. Its run down and in a fair Location. Its ok, for the Price, but i would not stay again

Awesome hotel near city

Awesome hotel near city

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Parking Space
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Broken Wardrobe.. No Kettle.. Uncomfortable blanket.. Improper A/C.. Low Wifi connection

Parking Space

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

A Phuket stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very poor breakfast, no fruit, no eggs and instant coffee. A lot of barking street dogs during the night.

Good location. Good price value.

Over all things were OK.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff were not good in English.

Over all things were OK.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

good location, that's all.

Good hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Smell

Air cond

Clean, comfortable and prompt with services

Little bit pricey

Clean, comfortable and prompt with services

Good place

Good place

Like Italy
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the big soft bed the style of the hotel reminded me to Italy

No second time, sorry.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room not clean, dirty mirror, windows, ect.. old rooms. Breakfirst very poor, a joke, no Eggs becouse chickens are on Holiday 😂

Exceptional

Eggs in the breakfast

Bed was like clouds

Bad experience
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It felt a very old and dirty place

Very good service and excellent value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The stuff communication skills are not always the best.

Very good service and excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

👍👌
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff named Numa from the reception is very friendly, attentive and always exceed the guests need.

Don't get breakfast included
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I pay for breakfast included, but every day, they not have anything. Say cook not available.

Friendly staff

Good hotel for good price, staff very friendly

Really poor room with bad bathroon

Really poor room with bad bathroon

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Staff was really friendly .
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location, there's nothing around the hotel nothing

Staff was really friendly .

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

The hotel looks nice but it is in a location which is not...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel looks nice but it is in a location which is not ideal for tourists. No bars or restaurants near by. I checked in and out immediately.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Phuket stay

English language problem very difficult to make them understand

Hotel's hospitality was good and value for money hotel. Near to the market place

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Very nice kind staff very helpful

The breakfast

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Very friendly staff and great room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It's a great stop over for other islands but Phuket is not that good

Very friendly staff and great room