Reviews of Royal Crown Hotel & Palm Spa Resort 3 stars

31 Nanai Road, 83150 Patong Beach, Thailand

#315 of 391 hotels in Patong Beach

• Deluxe Bungalow

Last minute booking staff were polite and professional left my Samsung tablet there they sent to my next hotel in koh Samui at there expense would stay again

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Location was bad, lots of climbing stairs to get to your room which took long and was exhausting. The room was pretty dirty, for example the bed sheets had some visible white stains in them and the shower curtain had mold in it. Many things were broken like the shower and sink faucets were very loose and could have come off, also one of the lights in the room suddenly shut off and never came on again. There was even a cockroach in the bathroom at one point and it must have come from the small hole that was in the bathroom ceiling. The view from the balcony was nice but it was a long balcony that reached to the neighbours side also and there was no wall between us so we had to share the balcony with some strangers which was not nice. Overall my experience was not good and I would not recommend this hotel it was definitely not worth the price of 3000baht for two nights should have been like 1000-2000baht max. I dont know about the hotels main buildings rooms they might be a lot nicer but if you end up in this little house/cottage then your experience might be the same as mine.

The only good thing was the swimming pool that was great

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A little far from the center but area was safe overnight poor wifi signal in room

a hotel surrounded by trees! we really enjoyed our stay Comfortable bed, big room, very good level of service great and clean pool with city and mountain view ,also our room was right next to the little pool.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Only one small thing The shower curtain didn't reach the floor or the curtain rail was set too high :) Result a wet floor outside the shower

Regular visitors 1996-2003 - nostalgic return - I'm now 77 and partially disabled Jira remembered us :) and put us in room 204 close to the lift with a short walk to the pool, bar and restaurant

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything. Old and creepy looking.

The room we got was really bad and location was up a very steep hill making it extremely difficult to get to especially with children. Had to pay 50% extra (1400 baht) to upgrade room! 25 minutes walk (up and down steep hills) to Patong Beach.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Most. Is located up a hill, and loads of steps. I explained that i had hurt my back and never got considered for another lower room. We had to move rooms because infestation of ants in my sons bed. And a group of russian idiots playing blahring music and drunk and shouting at top of voice at midday??? Room they moved us to was small and the cleaning was debatable, just a quick bed make, sweep and gone.

Not much

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The swimming pool was very dirty and murky so we couldn't use it - a shame as the pool area itself is very nice. Its a steep walk up to the hotel and then lots of steps and stairs.

It's quite cheap. The front of house staff are very nice, helpful and efficient. There's a good view of the town. You can buy breakfast for 100THB.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

location is not that much good; it is little far from main city of Potang and always need taxi to reach beach side and main market

Wifi connection was great

• Standard Double or Twin Room

People working at the bar and the restaurant are the most friendly and happy, thank you for the Chung beer.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

staff was rude. they seems greedy for money. they ask for money first then they will do work.

it was a neat and clean hotel with big swimming pool.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Poor wifi, breakfast very little choise, no kettle in room .

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Two boys at the food court...loved them...they mean business...great service...3 to 12 shift

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Noting

All very good

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

The hotel is quite old and run down. The carpets to the rooms dark and stained and dirty. Beds very hard rooms very basic so you get what you pay for. No real facilities. I was with my 87 year old father with two rooms. We were booked in for 7 nights. Left after one. Dad got eaten by midges and the hill and drive way and stairs so steep he could Not walk up to hotel. Pool seemed to be ok did not get to swim. Shower and bathroom in disrepair with tiles broken or missing. Outside the room from small balcony all you can see is rubbish and decrepit buildings around. Not a family place. Would never go there with family or for a romantic stay. Really only good for single or young travellers that want to spend more money on activities than hotel

Not a great deal. Maybe view overlooking Patong. Some might say location is not bad. About 1.5 kilometre to bangla road. Very good place for cheap accommodation back packers or those young people on budget

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

Location in the middle of forest. Room dirty as hell. Only russians around. Don't go!

First hotel ever where i refused to sleep even one night. Nothing good.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2016

I looked at the breakfast once and found it wasn’t to my taste as the selection was small and a mix of Western an Asian with the eggs certainly looking past their best! The only real complaint I really have is that after our room was cleaned on one day the door was left wide open by the chambermaid, as we were the last room it wasn’t an issue and nothing was stolen and I hope this was just a one off and not something that happens regularly.

I was happy with this hotel considering the price we paid. The room and bath room were a decent size and clean. There was a kettle in the room but no cups which didn’t bother me as I don’t drink tea or coffee but may well be an annoyance to others. They were renovating some of the hotel but we couldn’t hear any noise from our room. Probably because we couldn’t have been further away from anywhere!! There were a lot of stairs between our rooms and Reception (over 100) and no lifts that we saw so could be an issue depending on people’s health. When we arrived and departed though we were driven to our rooms with all our bags (we were a par of 8 adults all with hand luggage and a suitcase each). The man that was serving at the Pool bar was a credit to the hotel and couldn’t do enough for you and always had a smile on his face. Also everyone we encountered on Reception was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 April 2016

This have 2 single beds , I like double bed

The hotel was very nice place and location has an amazing view looking out over the city and is set up a hill. Lovely staff as well.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

The condition of the hotel is disguisting,filthy and in the middle of refurbrishment work,far away from everything up on the hill.Hotel is very noisy with housekeepers yelling on the corridor from 6 am.Awful place.

swimming pool

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

This place is being renovated.. If they actually spend to money to do what is needed it will be great, however the beds are nasty, the room we had was crawling with ants, in everything, I had ants on me in bed or sitting on the couch. The staff were not overly happy to be working in hospitality.the position of the property is in a hill and a few golf carts to transport up and down the hill would help patrons comfort in the heat.

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

The hotel is a long walk out of town which was ok for us as we walk loads anyway but I can see that some may have a problem.also the rooms are scattered up along a steep hill with lots of steps- there is a hotel shuttle but i dont know how frequently this can be used

The hotel was very comfortable, huge rooms and great aircon. The location has an amazing view looking out over the city and is set up a hill. Lovely staff as well.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2016

you should rent a bike, because it's quite far to the beach or other places

the territory is green and nice, quite big swimming pool, room is big, not so modern furniture, but good enough for this money

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

I miss a bit of music in the pool.

To be honest the best of this hotel is the staff. They really make the difference. Hotels with pools you can find everywhere, but with excellent staff, no. My cousin and I arrived At 6:00 am and They allow us to stay in the pool until the check in! They help us all the time and They were really helpful and really charming! Defenetly If I come to this city I will come here! Thank you!

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

1. Terrible location. Far from the center, in the mountains. 2. You have to climb 45 degrees in the mountins even to go to the pool or breakfast. 3. Staff cheated with taxi.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2016

Big part of the hotel is currently under construction.

Even though the hotel is in the loud city, it is very quite. The hotel is on the hills and therefore is surrounded by lots of green trees, which is awesome. However it is 20 mins walk from the beach along very noisy streets with lots of traffic. Renting a motorbike saves the situation though.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

People drilling all day from early morning which isn't very good when people have been partying all night

They are doing work in the hotel so I had people drilling every morning from 7 which was unexceptsble and also no iron in the hole hotel,apart from that it was a plesent stay,

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

Do you carry such big amount? About £300 +.Also they did not honour my upgraded accommodation. The porter was told to take me to my bungalow which is only a room in their complex. I'm not stupid like them not to know what my bungalow accommodation. I was accommodated in mix buildings with several rooms which is so noisy as the walls are not sound proof. I had a miserable night. Early morning, I was forced to pay them 10,000 and £121. By card. Then I was moved to my right accommodation by 5 pm the next (my second day) So I did not bother to passed the reception during my holidays and just enjoy it.

Nothing at all. Let it be a warning to all your clients,that this was a nightmare of my life. This place is the WORST hotel I have ever been. A warning to all Booking.Com customers that you'll be ordered to pay in cash upon presenting yourself in the reception and this is the greetings you'll get.l

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

Rude rude rude staff! They all speak a poor English. Everytime they do not know how act they just say "ok, now I call the police". Mah...

Honestly? Nothing.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2015

Really old and dirty place , but the best thing are been the bed bugs , i booked this hotel for 6 noghts , but i just stay there 3 after my body was complited full of spots

• Reviewed: 11 February 2015

My room had bed bugs paid for deluxe bungalow ended up in standed room hotel staff would not refund to standed rate room offered me to cancel with booking.com pay cash just a scam as credit card still charged if I went with deal which I didn't strongly advice you to go else where

After noon pool staff excellent very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 1 February 2015

1 Girl & the old guy on Rezeption was not friendly.on the last day I needed a doctor. no one helped me to find a doctor or call a doctor. they wanted to call a taxi. for 400 THB .. I am very disappointed. 2 separate mattresses pushed together

Room no. 524 .. the big room has brautiful view over Nanai Rd, Patong & the sea.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2015

The hotel was situated up on the hill - it's not comfortable at all. My extra large bed was more like two small beds moved together. The pool was muddy. Noisy russian crowd at the pool at nighttime disturbed every night. And also noisy staff didn't allow to sleep in the morning. There was no toothbrush and toothpaste in the room. The ambience is the poorest ever.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2015

The room was not what we anticipated - two adults and two teens in one king bed and one extra single - the booking site showed a large room with two big double beds. The beds were not comfortable. But it was cheap!

Nice pool and the staff were helpful. Room cleaned every day. We enjoyed eating at The Happy Steak just down the road - cheap and tasty Thai and western food. Good shuttle down to the shopping centre.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

Everything is great

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

Needed to walk up a hill, but thats the only discomfort :)

Easy access, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 25 March 2016

2 single beds , I like double bed , no breakfast included

Location , poolside , and my room was big clean and nice view

• Reviewed: 17 March 2016

Lots of steps to get to our room, first room we has tons of bugs but we were switched, run down rooms

Pools were nice, staff were helpful

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

The accomodation on the hills

The staff

• Reviewed: 27 February 2016

Stayed here second time. Liked it so nothing negative.

Good price for what you get

• Reviewed: 6 February 2016

old resort, very weak wifi.

nice place and view, clean room.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2015

Good value for money. The best price and comfort

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

Helpful 24 hr desk

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Very steep steps up to bungalows had to get maid in to clean room as it was very dirty

Swimming pools

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

WiFi signals weak in room but good on pool side

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

A little too old

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

A little bit far from the beach.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

Terrible furnishing in the rooms..definitely needs updating! Bed is terrible and i couldn't sleep on it all..

Staff are all really nice!

• Reviewed: 17 April 2015

Bad location.

The pools are great. There are like 2 of them.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2015

Breakfast is really poor, no sea view

Huge garden

• Reviewed: 8 February 2015

Сheap restaurants near the hotel Quiet place

• Reviewed: 6 February 2015

Some of the pools don't work,but for the money don't moan all good.

Nice staff,economical

• Reviewed: 5 February 2015

going home

everything

• Reviewed: 27 January 2015

Nothing bad

Pool included, breakfast for 100 baht, clean rooms, kind staff and everything more than fine!

• Reviewed: 2 January 2015

A little far from the city senter and the beach. Brekfast not included and a little poor.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Cheap!

There are also 8 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Royal Crown Hotel & Palm Spa Resort traveller photo gallery