Reviews of Secret Cliff Resort 4 stars

707 Patak Rd., Karon Cliff, Phuket, 83100 Karon Beach, Thailand

#49 of 76 hotels in Karon Beach

Really memorable gorgeous views lovely staff.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

The only thing I really did not like was the bed extremely hard if use to sleeping on a soft mattress.And if trying to organise business from Phuket or watch movies from this resort forget it.The Wifi from here is not good.4 out of 10 for Wifi.

Secret cliff resort was amazing place to stay if you want great views,relaxed setting and to be treated respectfully.The staff are beautiful very polite.The cocktails delicious and the man in the after noon very funny friendly great English.Thankyou for making our stay memorable.People at the desk very helpful.Cleaning staff polite and cleaning worked around our times.

The views to the Resort were beautiful!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The resort needs updating. I loved the peace and quiet. Its not for people with poor mobility.

The Resort was had stunning views , beautiful pool, and stunning views from the restaurant. The location was up on a hill, if you want peace and quiet then this is the place to be. Its a ten minute drive from Bangla Rd.

The food was exceptional and service excellent !
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Nothing really - A tad pricey, but the food was worth it as it was some of the best meals we had in all of Asia.

The food was exceptional and service excellent ! This is not your typical air conditioned hotel. It is an eco resort where you are very much part of nature. You are in a thatched roofed hut with an outdoor private bathroom. You shower surrounded by the jungle ! You hear the ocean as you sleep and the sound of birds in the morning. You sleep in a mosquito net structure in a beautiful bed, it is a bit like high end camping. I loved the place and would highly recommend it for those that like a bit of adventure and want a very unique memorable experience!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The grounds are beautiful and the views amazing.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

You cannot walk anywhere from here and the free shuttle only works once a day. During check in no information is given about the hotel, where the facilities are located and that the golf cart is a service offered to avoid going up and down steps, it was 100 steps to my room and back up, I found out the last day.

The grounds are beautiful and the views amazing. The room was spacious and comfortable, the staff very nice and helpful and the restaurant food great.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The location is quiet and scenic with great views from the restaurant and some rooms.
    • Family Room with Ocean View

1. Room pictures on Agoda did not meet the actual. Bathroom were in bad conditions. 2. Overpriced menu. Food was not great.

Nice location between Karon and Patong. Despite the hotel is quite isolated, it takes 5-10 min to reach Karon or Patong on taxi or tuk-tuk. We never had any problem to reach the hotel from any place of the island. 2. Remarkable view from rooms and restaurant. 3. Stuff is polite and responsive. 4. Free electric car to/from room to/from reception.

view is very nice.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

front office manager wasn't aware of what her staff clearly promised upon arrival. she didn't bother to check that late check out was promised by one of gsa. no apologize and even no explanation was given : " cannnot" this was the explanation . doubtfully that this is 4 star courtesy.

view is very nice.

Our room was very nice and so comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Location was not the best. Taxis are needed to go anywhere and if you book through the hotel they are expensive.

Our room was very nice and so comfortable.

An excellent 3*, but not a 4* hotel (as it appears on booking.com)
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

On booking.com there are two separate listings for this hotel: one called "Secret Cliff Resort" and the other "Secret Cliff Villa". The rooms at the former are more expensive than the latter, but in reality the resort simply runs either side of a road. We chose an Ocean View room in the resort, believing it to be a more desirable room with an extra window and sofa bay beneath it...however I think the photos for this option on booking.com are actually of the "Junior Suite". I was disappointed because the room we got looked identical to the cheaper ones the other side of the road and we paid more for it! So bear this in mind when making your booking. I was also disappointed the infinity pool was so small. It is not a problem in itself, I just felt that the pictures on booking.com were also misleading. Perhaps this sounds conceited, but I have stayed in so many hotels in Thailand now, this was one of the ones where I was taken aback because I did not think it lived up to the 4* rating it claimed to have...I would say it is an excellent 3* hotel. I would probably have been less disappointed with what I got for my money if my expectations hadn't been different based on what I saw on booking.com. The customer service was not bad, but in the dining room I didn't feel you were attended to like you would expect to be in a 4* restort...the staff mostly ignore you and one even barked at me to move out of their way when they were carrying plates whilst I was a drinking fountain. When I ordered waffles from a cooking station, the guy told me to come back in three minutes...I was sat on a table nearby so could see him talking with another employee and after 5 minutes I assumed he must be finished, so when I went up to get my waffles he was shocked and admitted to forgetting to do them!

The reception area of this hotel was as nice as in the pictures, if a little smaller. There is a good play room for children - a good thing for families to know. The reception staff spoke good English.

Beautiful views from the Seaview rooms made the stay and the...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Felt like reception staff were a little rude, they forgot to clean our room one day and room service plates with left outside our room all day until we went to bed from the morning. Scraping chairs from the restaurant above our room constantly did get annoying. Laundry room door banging constantly in the middle of the night. Prices were quite high compared to other places in Karon and Kara beach. Not much space to store clothes so lived out of our suitcase

Beautiful views from the Seaview rooms made the stay and the friendly staff in the restaurant

The view!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Noisy Chinese neighbors and the breakfasts options where limited for us a westerners! The beds to firm and the towels needs to be replaced!

The view!

Staffs were friendly

The Jacuzzi was broken and dirty Foods are over priced Breakfast was cold The place needs updating View from the room was blocked by trees

Staffs were friendly Garden was nice

Great view, great location, everything else was a disappointment.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

The room isn't cleaned thoroughly, the paint, furniture and bathroom need some refreshing. The staff is the worst I've experiences in over 50 hotels in Asia. They don't even stand up to greet you, they let you carry your bags, almost none speak english, in the restaurant I've waited over 20 minutes for a can of Coke (I asked 4 different waiters). There is no real separation between the terraces in the room so no privacy. They are building new bungalows so also expect a lot of noise from 8 in the morning until about 8 at night. Also the rooms are on a cliff so bring your muscles, the hotel will not help you (unless for your bags when checking in). Also without a scooter you can't do anything and they know it so they rent them 50% above market price.

The amazing view (only a few rooms have that view) and the sound of the ocean when waking up in the morning. The delicious food from the restaurant. Everything else was a disappointment.

Perfect rooms, views and facilities- staff pleasant.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The restaurant had great views but the food is standard to anywhere else, I feel its overpriced food.

we were upgraded to a sea view room overlooking Karon Beach. The infinity pool is very nice, and the whole jungle feel. Rooms are big and comfortable. The staff were pleasant. The shuttle buses are also very helpful.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Read all reviews before we checked in... so we were sure of the pros and cons

Ocean view twin room is fabulous, the location with breath taking views. Excellent staff. Delicious breakfast. Loved the place. Do not miss the pool.....

The view is AMAZING!
    • Family Room with Ocean View

emm the toilet's condition and the cleanliness of the toilet & bath room not in s a good shape.

The view is AMAZING! and the staffs are friendly and helpful! thumb UP!

Ocean view
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

I booked a deluxe room, ocean view Wi-Fi signal is always weak and unstable signal Shower water was very dusty, brown color Food orders at room were overpriced, and they add much tax too The safety box was without batteries at check in, and was't fixed to the wall, which was uncomfortable matter The towels were very worned out Fridge was very small for a deluxe room type They take 3000 bhat as insurance befor the check in They take 1500 bhat as a guest fee, even though your room was booked for two people TV signal was unclear, which spoiled the pleasure of watching World Cup, even i called for technician assistant to fix it out, but they couldn't do any thing better taxi cost you 300 to 400 baht to go to patong, and same to comeback They did not approved of the late 2 hours checkout ((According to Booking.com offer)) ..( I think that's enough for 2 nights of staying

The ocean view was charming, swiming pool view as well The quietness

Amazing environment, nice location, you will need a motorbike.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Problem with water network, not easy to take a shower because of unstable pressure giving a bad mixture between boiling water and cold water...shower time was a martyrdom, could be pleasant for SM adepts. Some fixtures could be added, there is nothing for hang up towels, clothes, etc. Lighting should be improved, internet too...King size bed is in fact a gathering of two single beds...nevertheless, the matress are good.

Environment allow to rest, it's peacefull. Housekeeping crew is made of adorables middle age ladies, very kind and always smiling. It is contrasting with reception young ladies, those are less friendly and don't hesitate to tell you that you can leave the hotel if you are not happy...(I was complaining they keep my passeport permanently while I need it.) then I remained stunned by the boldness of youth. Anyhow, I recommend this place.

Aging hotel to run away considering the plethoric offer of Phuket.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

2 girls at reception unpleaseant, noise up. If you bring 1 guest , you will be charged 1500 bath amend. Room useless: wall a bit dirty, A/C old and noisy, floor of bathroom looking dirty (cement), outlet of shower plug, noise from road, room not soundproof (you listen neighbourg snore and pee). Without motorbike you will die because far of all and shuttle not really free and available at any time. Pool very small and some guests swim in panties/underwear.

Exotic garden and sea view are very beautiful. Housekeeping nice. No more positives items unfortunately.

Average because of the service.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The resort has a beautiful scenery, unfortunately the service is very bad since the staffs are slow and not so attentive. How come they didnt provide an iron and it can only be used at the housekeeping, when all hotels can provide an iron to their guests.

The ambience, scenery and location.

Not welcoming stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

It’s a hotel that just wants to extort you full of money and it’s expensive to get down to Karon beach. The staff were rude and no help at all when you asked them for things. I’d much rather just staying in town where it’s easier to walk around.

I loved it here, would definitely go back
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Maybe have a variety of food for breakfast, it was mainly traditional which got monotonous after sometime

The views, whoooooah - the room with sea view is just the best. Set on a cliff, this hotel is amazing. It's not far from Karon Beach and Patong beach but it's far enough to avoid the noisy Patong beach

The last day when we check out, I need the taxi to the...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

The last day when we check out, I need the taxi to the airport, they charge 30% higher, so we ask the front desk to call an other taxi for us, the front desk lady said I’m not going to call for you, you need to call by yourself. When we find the cheaper one, the taxi driver from the hotel said he can’t go in to the hotel and pick us up.

Beautiful resort. Rooms are cleaned every single day. Beautiful views of the ocean from the room.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

We stayed in the deluxe ocean view room. the room was dated, and bbathroom was not very nice. Abit of paint, change of curtains , revamp the bathroom and it will be perfect. The view from the room is breathtaking.I loved the resort, it grew on me each day. It was pure bliss but staying on a cliff means getting the staff to use their go cart to pick and drop you off. Secondly we were 6mins away from paying beach and thethe tuk tusk are very expensive it costs 200 baht each way.All the action is on Bangladesh road. If you want relaxing and peaceful this is the way to go. But in order to save money as everything in Phuket is way more expensive than Bangkok stay at a resortbar that is close to paying beach you will save way more money.

I felt the food from the restaurant was average and overpriced while the view was phenomenal. The setting of the resort is beautiful, casual very relaxing. The staff are very helpful.

It was okay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

I didn't like how the staff was rude and how pricey the taxi was to get to any of the beaches so if you're looking to go out frequently maybe find something closer to the beaches.

I liked that the rooms were clean and for the most part, it looks like the pictures so it is a location for a getaway.

The staff were friendly
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Not much, we checked out two days earlier due to constant breaking down of air con, hot water, TV, no phone to call reception to get a lift back up ( very steep).. and l was unwell so the walk back to reception was not good..

The staff were friendly

Excellent views and hospitality at this resort.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

In our first room there was a big gap above and below the main door to the room. By evening time the room was swarmed with insects! First the Housekeeper did his best to get rid of as many as he could but we had to call the Supervisor as we did not want to stay in the room knowing more insects would keep coming in via the gaps around the door. The Supervisor kindly changed our room for the night. In the morning we spoke with a lady at reception and upgraded ourselves to a junior suite which was fantastic!

Staff were very friendly, welcoming and polite.

Like it
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

We got broken AC two times and hot water disappeared once but they fixed it quickly

Very beautiful nature and view. Also very delicious food in the restaurant

5 star looks, 0 star management, even the hostel management are better.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

The reception staff were so moody. We tried to order a taxi and there were 7 members of staff gathered around the taxi table chatting to each other and ignored us for a solid 3 mins before one of them reluctantly asked if we needed help. They gave such attitude if you needed anything from the front desk. Also taxi prices were about 1200 Baht when it's easier to rent externally for much cheaper. They really milked money from the fact they were very high up on a cliff and guests wanted to go up and down it. The free shuttle barely existed, only once or twice a day Prices for drink (even if it's just a coffee) were very over priced. The colour of the water that came out the taps, no joke was dark brown. We left it for a few hours to see if the dirt would settle. It didn't. The water was just dark brown. Pool is very small and in dire need of redesigning. Overall it felt the hotel only care about milking money out of the customers and not actually providing a luxury hotel that they can be proud of, which is such a shame as it has so much potential to be a really beautiful hotel.

The restaurant staff for us were lovely, they at least had a friendlier attitude. The view and the surrounding areas of the hotel were gorgeous, really felt secluded and secret.

Clean, nice sea view, but not convenient to have public transport
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

there have no restaurant and shop nearby the hotel

nice accommodation, have a nice seaview from my room. However, there have no restaurant and shop nearby the hotel. Except you have rent your own transport, otherwise it is really not convenient travel to others spot if you prefer budget travel alone.

Come prepared to pay for a lot of transport costs and you will be happy with a quiet peaceful stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

This property is hard to score, the location is remote and transport to and from town is expensive. But then it is also nice that it is remote - one of its redeeming features. To improve the experience would not be difficult for management to tackle. They only have one transport to and from Karon and Patong beach per day, but really why can't they do three or so? This would make it a far better option of hotel for most clients. The gardens are lovely, but the resort seems run down in areas, the one pool was closed when we were there for renovations - but nothing was being done - it was just closed. There is nothing around the resort and it is impossible to get to a store etc unless you go into either Karon or Patong. Walking is not an option. Its too far and too hot for that. The staff do not seem to understand english very well. We got no wake up call when it was requested and then received 3 in one morning when we didn't want it! The telephones do not work. The resort is on a very steep hill and the staff say they provide a golf buggy service to your room - but you cannot contact them to request them to come! ie only the downhill service is available from the reception - not the other way around which is what you need. Having said all of this the staff were very pleasant, the views are amazing and it is lovely to be quietly sitting on your balcony looking out and relaxing. The rimflow pool has views of the sunset to die for.

The worst
    • Superior Villa Seaview

Everything Bathrooms durty Water leaked into room I could go on for ever but I don't have enough time Will be calling booking.com when I get home

Don't be fooled by the pictures The place is run down Booking. Com does apple job of representing the place What did I like? NOTHING

I loved it, as Im getteng older need to stay at a resort with not many steps.
    • Family Room with Ocean View

I found the steps not to my liking due to health, your pool needs attending too broken tiles etc. Also your rooms need to be attended too bathroom. I realise your situation regarding water, electricity etc but mould need attending too. Another thing shuttle service needs to be looked at for guest going to Karon or Patong. not enough services. maybe a few more would help as experienced at other resorts. Otherwise I loved staying at your resort.

Staff lovely very proud of them taking time to chat and attend to service.

Room number 127 for the view and thats all.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Receptionist has poor english, if we need to solve an issue, we have to contact manager (who was not working whole day)

Room number 127 for the view and thats all. We tried 4 rooms to get the right one (the one we paid for). Recommending to take deluxe instead of the executive rooms. We had cockroach in room 148 due to location close to the kitched

Lovely peaceful stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

It’s expensice to keep going backwards and forwards to patong/Karon

Lovely resort, rooms are large, modern, clean and look like they do on the pictures. The staff are lovely and helpful.

Just relax
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

A little too far away from the village and not easy access. If you want to go out you should call a taxi or rent a bike

Awesome place for relax. Very peaceful and elegant

Views from around the hotel are amazing.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Staff at hotel where overall very good except for reception/assistant manager who seem disinterested in helping with an inquiry. Plus in room safe or phone did not work.

Views from around the hotel are amazing.

Awesome room with a view
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

The choices of breakfast buffet was limited. Perhaps could have more types of meat than just pork sausages / pork ham etc etc. More intervals for the bus shuttle will really helps.

The view from the room was awesome. We choose the ocean view and it was great waking up to a view. The location was smack in the centre between patong and karon. It wasnt noisy unlike the patong street.

Wow amazing view from the pool;
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Wow amazing view from the pool; staff could not be more helpful and as our room was not quiet ready the upgraded us to a sea view villa which i highly recommend as the view from our room was amazing. a very special trip as we got engaged gere and cant wait to return to visit.

Beautiful place but the staff don’t care about guests well being
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

The restaurant... my whole experience was ruined by the restaurant staff. They made us feel so unwelcome, they sat us at a dirty table with dirty cloths and cutlery. They left us for a long while before attempting to take an order. We then presented the 20% off voucher the hotel staff gave us upon checking in, the voucher states it must be shown before ordering, the girl looked at me terribly then proceeded to pass the voucher on from colleague to colleague and making a big scene over it. We still hadn’t order drinks yet an they carried on serving other guests. We stayed unattended for a further while. We just left and I headed to the reception to explain my the situation, the gentleman seemed concerned but just didn’t do anything about it. We then proceeded to order a taxi Which brings me to my other dislike, the views are so beautiful but being out the way means you need to spend up to 800 baht each time you need to go to eat elsewhere or visit a supermarket or beach. It becomes expensive and annoying. They do provide free transfers but at restricted awkward times. The staff also seemed to wait until the free shuttle left to check us out so we would have to use a resort oporated taxi that cost 320 baht

I very much liked the views, the general outlay of the property. The place is beautiful to look at to be honest. The rooms are very nice and the beds are extremely comfortable.

Perfect location in the rainforest, but thats it.
    • Executive Suite

First day we had to wait for get ready our room, but we didnt get the room, what we reserve. For one night we got a smaller one. We got as a compensation a free dinner. Next day we move to our room. In the night i hear noises, i turn on the light... a chocolate paper was on the floor... but i had a bad feeling... I was waiting a little bit with my mobile, and when i hear again the noise i turn on the light... a rat was trying to move the chocolate... In the night, when i was goint tot toilet, i see the rat again. It was all the time in the room... Next morning i go the the reception and i told them about the rat. They was not suprised... I think the know a rat is in the room. We went to do something. When i was back i ask them what about the rat. They say, the housekeeping was looking for it ect.... I think the do nothing... It is not so easy to catch a rat in the daytime... Ok, i told them i wan an other room. We got an other one, a smaller. But this room was ok. The breakfast was ok, but the coffe was cheap.

The location. The hotel was on the cliffs next to the sea. It was like in a rainforest.

The room was very spacious
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The room was very spacious The bed very comfortable We had an ocean view The resort grounds was beautifully maintained The staff were very friendly and helpful

I loved the peaceful setting, lush grounds/landscaping, good service, well run and I'll return.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Need more free shuttle rides. Expensive to take taxi to Patong or Karon beach. Hotel is isolated which I love, but transportation options to town needs improved.

Great room. I recommend the garden view rooms. Some have ocean views some don't but the rooms are bigger than ocean view (which are across the highway). I originally had an ocean view room across the highway and went back to the front desk and got a garden view instead. The setting and location are very beautiful and tranquil. It's located between Patong and Karon beaches. The downside is that the hotel offers only 1 free shuttle to town in the morning and 1 shuttle back in the afternoon. So you have to stay 6 hours which is too long for me. Otherwise you pay 300 Bhat/$10 U.S. (2018) to go to Patong or Karon. Here's a hint: take the shuttle in the morning and get a taxi back when you are ready. Costs 200 Bhat/$7 to get back to the hotel. That worked best for me. Another downside is they have a restaurant on site which I thought was not good food. They have a great pizza/pasta restaurant which is better. But those are your only options unless you pay $10 go to Patong or Karon for dinner and $7 to get back. The trade off of convenience vs. scenic location is a no-brainer for me. It is a beautifully landscaped and well maintained property, staff is friendly and helpful. I loved the room and the views. I will definitely stay here again.

Property needs repair - many of the pool tiles are loose or...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Property needs repair - many of the pool tiles are loose or missing, pool chairs broken very steep resort, breakfast food that should have been hot was cold :( staff was lovely too far away from beaches and shopping - needed a taxi every time we left resort

Perfect place to totally unwind for a few days
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

more vegetarian food options would be good

Quiet location. No need to leave the resort for a few days. Nice view without the crowds. Short taxi from life or beach if you want it. Lovely restaurant views. Swings for adults to play on dotted about. Good bar with sunset views.

enjoyable great view and wonderful staff. yes, there are some flaws like any other BUT we'll be back
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

there were some weird bugs but i guess it's to be expected given the location. the room service food was a lil' disappointing. i ordered a young thai coconut and got one that looked like its grandmother and half of it had spilled :( we would have done the spa treatments at the hotel itself BUT the prices were the same as those back home!

the service staff were excellent :D especially the guys who did the transport to the beach + buggys :) everyone was so nice :D and made the stay so much better :D the view from our room was wonderful as well :D

Relaxing and scenic location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Shower was fairly basic. More frequent shuttle runs would be appreciated. Everything else great.

Excellent spa facilities. Great location with fantastic views. Friendly staff do their best to help where possible. Nice relaxing pools. Rooms are functional but comfortable.

Perfect location for a quiet and relaxing stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The majority of the staff is not able to speak English so it’s not always easy to communicate .

The location is breathtaking, a cliff with a stunning view, especially to enjoy the sunset. Far away from the crowded Patong. The food was good and the buffet breakfast was providing a bit of everything. The Room was clean and very particular , we really loved it.

The stay itself good value for money.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Some staff members at the reception should be trained of reasonable flexibility.

The view on Karon and Katya beaches from the hotel is stunning. The hotel territory is like a garden. Rooms are in separate buildings, which makes the stay tranquil. It was nice to seat next to your room door in evenings.

Best choice in Karon beach.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Due to the size, the pool is sometime congested.

The view from which we were assigned(room 121) was amazing. Definitely, it was the best view in Phuket I swear. Possible to see beautiful sunset from the balcony. Also, the view from the restaurant and the pool were amazing as well. Since the hotel was located at the top of hill, we needed to use taxi or Tuk Tuk to get the property every time. However, if you rent a motorbike, it won't so problem.

Beautiful resort with a nice view
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Beautiful resort with great view from a few apartments. Nice breakfast, shuttle to town is quite expensive, too far to walk there by foot. Would recommend to rent a motorbike. Would book again!

Appalling avoid avoid avoid!!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Everything else made complaints and in dispute with resort photos sent to booking.com would never stay here again a Thai jail cell from Bridget Jones would have been better!

The view out to sea

The views were good and due to our first room being unclean...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Both rooms we stayed in we're not clean, the first had a gap above the door meaning that all the fly and mosquitoes could come in. The second room had a great sea view but the cloth above the bed had dead flys and moths in I couldn't tell you the last time it was changed. If your a single person looking for somewhere to rest your drunken head then this place is the place but if your looking for more than that i wouldn't bother

The views were good and due to our first room being unclean they were happy to more us.

We had a lovely stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Walk up to restaurant And lobby. Not suitable for elderly people or disabled. Very steep with lots of stairs and in some places there was no hand rails

The view from our room was amazing

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

The only good thing about our stay was that we got upgraded. I think this is why we chose to stay the rest of the nights. Otherwise we wouldn’t have. The hotel itself is very pretty with some nice views. The room we got upgraded to was lovely as well with nice open windows looking out to the sea. However the bath water was a yellowish/ brown colour. When we asked the staff, they said it was meant to look like that. However I’m not too sure If it was? Also the shower was either boiling hot to the point it burnt my skin or very cold. Most other aspects of the stay were very disappointing also. The food was almost inedible tasting frozen or reheated as well as chicken as dry as a desert. To make matters worse all the food was very overpriced. The breakfast was tolerable but only because we did not have to pay as it was included. Not only was the food and drink largely overpriced when asking the staff to book us a taxi, it was incredibly expensive. In Bangkok it costs about 200 baht for up to an hours drive, they wanted 250 for a five minutes drive just to Karons beach. When asked the staff they said that they got a cut of the money. The staff struggle with communication which wasn’t always an issue and understandable to a degree however some staff didn’t even understand when asked for a bottle of water or can of coke. The swimming pools are very small. They do have bars there but you would be lucky to find someone to serve you almost every poolside bar was empty for most of the day. The WiFi was dreadful and no apologies were given, we called quite a fews times but either no one ever showed up or even called back and no apologies whatsoever. The room cleaning service was also very poor, We left the room from 9:30-5:30pm to go out for the day. When we returned the room hadn’t been cleaned. Around 6pm they showed up and asked if they could clean our room? We were having to pay for service but we did not feel it was at all acceptable.

The views were amazing and a free shuttle was offered daily...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The resort is on a winding road on a cliff (obviously given the name). To explore other restaurants or bars outside of the one in the hotel, a taxi is needed.

The views were amazing and a free shuttle was offered daily to Karon and Patong Beach

Huge potential but poor rooms and location sadly do not make this hotel value for money.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

We apparently were given the delux room - it had a great view but was very plain interior, very dated, bathroom door broken, cracks in front door, felt like sleeping in a empty garage - very disappointing as with a little money spent on it could be equally nice as the grounds of the hotel. The infinity pool was one of the key reasons we chose the hotel - didn't go to it as initial inspection showed that it is TINY with minimal view through the trees not at all what was shown in the photo. Also the location is not good for getting into town - taxis the cheapest you will get is 200 baht 1 way, the road os far to busy to walk along even though it only takes 20 minutes to walk to Karan - do not go along the road it is very dangerous! We paid a lot more money than it was worth especially for Thailand. They had a lot of noisy Chinese tourist who come in for 1 night or even just a meal whilst on a bus tour and spend a lot of money - they seem to be satisfied with income from them and not think bigger picture.

Great views and beautiful, well tended gardens. Bed and pillows very comfy.

Great view, nice feel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

It was high Season and they inflated the Room rate price and one staff at reception tried to maximise the cost of every transaction I made. As an example round trip to the airport is 2000 baht. A one way trip is 1200. If after midnight then a 400 additional cost for the section that is after midnight. Although I was only returning with my wife after midnight I was charged the 400 both ways and the single trip rate although I was doing a round trip.. some how her calculations were 1600+1600+400+ 400 some how to total 4200! This was disappointing angled I felt she was abusing my trust in the hotel for them to make more profit. There is no need to try and rip off the customers, as the room rate was already enough.

Staff were great, view was amazing, NYE from the restaurant was fantastic. Breakfast was filling and yum. On site motorcycle hire ( a little expensive but they sorted out every issue) was handy. The report is great. The pool is nice. On check out they offered me to come back and shower and provided toiletries and towel, which was nice and appreciated.

Some of the Deluxe Ocean View rooms do not have any ocean view at all
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Some of the Deluxe Ocean View rooms do not have any ocean view at all. The windows of these rooms face the direction of the ocean but trees block the view so essentially you get a garden view and feel cheated. It's terrible.

The room location was ideal, we had 101.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Infinity Pool is good but is very small with only a few loungers and is hidden from the sun most of the day due to trees which is why we went to the beach. A few starving cats walking around the restaurant area which some staff move on others don’t. I saw them jump up and walk on tables at night. Requested early check in prior to travelling as our flight was arriving early but when I arrived we had to wait around for four hours after our 12 hour flight!

The room location was ideal, we had 101. Very close to the reception and pool as the pathways can be very steep in areas. If you are staying in a room further the staff will come and pick you up tho. The views from the restaurant and the sunset area were fantastic. Walking around the grounds the scenery was perfect. Staff were very friendly and helpful. (We moved hotel to Phuket old town and I had left my passports in the reception safe, I phoned to arrange to return pick up and one of the girls from reception drove to my hotel after her work to drop them off to save me the trip!) hotel is very relaxing and is 10 mins to either Karon and Patong hotel runs free shuttle daily to the beaches. (Karon is much cleaner and nicer than patong) Restaurant food was good and Coco’s does good pizza and pasta! This hotel is isolated with no bars/nightlife around which we enjoyed. Tuk tuks are only 300 baht to patong or karon.

Excellent romantic resort with great views
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

The swimming pool is bit small and needs renovation

We got upgraded to junior suite which was absolutely amazing. The place has one of the best views overlooking the ocean. The property is quite good and with good access to rocks which provides great photos. Breakfast was also nice.

Nice hotel, but poor value for the money charged.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Wifi was poor. Food overcharged, so is the room rate. Swimming pool small and full of chlor. Instead of a king size bed I've just received two twins put together. All in all value is not worth the money.

Staff was nice and helpful. Good location if you don't mind walking 20min to the beach. Good breakfast.

Avoid
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Everything else. Tired rooms lacking maintenance. Small, moldy bathroom resembling those in 1950 soviet style condos. Dirty swimming pool. Lame breakfast. Far far away from the beach. Management needs to start maintaining and upgrading this place...

The views

Comfortable bit hotel could do more to improve its status as a 4 star
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

More shuttle buses between Karin and phuket. Spending money on taxis a nightmare. Hotel food very expensive compared to karon and phuket. Breakfast selection poor. Steep way to rooms Bathrooms require attention. Only limited staff able to provide tourist information and assistance.

The views were amazing. Rooms spacious

Experience is not as expectation except for the beautiful ocean view.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

1. Front desk is not friendly and not helpful. And staffs in Canteeen are the same. 2. The Cliff restaurant can not see sunset, trees will cover the sun when sunset. Do not have too much expectation. 3. The sanitary of the breakfast is poor. Lots of flys and little black insects on the fruits, breaks, plates and folks. Also they will come to your breakfast and never stop. The experience was really annoying and disgusting. 4. There will be disgusting smells coming from the bath sewer when you have shower.

The ocean view is wonderful! There is a perfect resting place to see sunset with swings and shower. All the resort is covered by green plants and decorated with Thai style little towers. The view here is truly perfect.

Nice view and gardens but thats all, don't expect 2 much.
    • Family Room with Ocean View

The staff service was bad, 80% of the time they didn't understand what we want, the only thing they say is ok ok ok, and no, a lot of things are not ok! Wi-Fi is terrible no connection in the rоoms, we had to argue 6 times with the staff before the fix it, it took them 4 days. Very poor English for such a high standard hotel. The bathroom was worse than a hostel with mold and stains. Also, the restaurant is not that good, for the price they charge.

The only thing all 3 of us liked was the view and some parts of the room, as the bathroom had mold and stains all over the place.

will chose other resorts with beautiful view near karon area if next time coming phuket.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

food of the restaurant is good, but the price is a little bit expensive. Some of the staff should be educated to serve the guests politely and sincerely. the bathroom is quite old, need to be renovated Be upgraded to the family room (quite old) which is not the deluxe double room with ocean view I am booking.

beautiful and peaceful ocean view from the balcony of the room, restaurant ,swimming pool and view point.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

It was exactly what we needed.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

We didn't expect the walk to the pool to be down a fairly steep slope as my husband wasn't too well on his feet. The price for wine could be a bit more reasonable.

The room, incl. bathroom, was spacious, bed super comfortable. The staff were wonderful & helpful on various occasions and even more so when approaching them with traditional greeting & thank you's. Beautiful view from room 146 overlooking Karon beach. The restaurant is beautifully located. The a-la-carte dinner menu is exceptional and the breakfast buffet full of fresh choices.

Quality hotel with excellent views!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Ocean View

Partially blocked drain in shower, tended to fill with water. This was not fixed during our stay even though we let reception know about it. Disappointed that free shuttle to and from the beach only runs twice a day, so no use to us.. Not much of a service. Airport transfer cost 1200 Baht for 2 people, so you may want to compare this with regular taxi quotes.

Staff were friendly and professional, our room was very nice with a wonderful view. The view from the restaurant is excellent as it overlooks Karon Beach. Good breakfast, and our evening meal was also nice. Would have been good to stay for 3 nights, not just one.

Very helpful staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Bit far to walk. Had to take tuk tuk. Although they did run a free shuttle.

Very helpful staff. Great views. Relaxing atmosphere. Food was great but a bit expensive.

Peaceful and romantic
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

I cant rent scooter without international driving license. It really important for me to have scooter and tour around so i was bit disappointed.

Beautiful place, amazing view and very very peaceful. Staff ok.

love this place
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Breakfast was not great. My daughter refused to eat it even though i had booked it with my room rate.

loved the gardens and friendly staff. The staff always were kind and helpful. The views were great, the location was central but recommend a scooter or car if staying there.

Amazing experience!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Staff are so friendly and location are the key points at the hotel. Highly recommended in a tranquil area with an excellent view! Free shuttle bus to karon and patong beach.

Amazing location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

No respons to email, no airport shuttle pickup. Getting to my room was hard because the road is almost too steep to walk. I was picked up and dropped off, waiting time varied from 1 min to 10

Incredible ocean view, beautiful room (junior suite), free upgrade. Great food

Lovers Paradise in Karon
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Reading up and seeing photos of this place do it no justice. Incredible resort from lush jungle greenery to helpful staff. The pool was simply breathtaking. Massages at parlour on premises then lunch at the pool from the restaurant on site -made the best Margarita Pizzas aswell. Perfect challet rooms with easy access to both Patong and Karon. We got engaged in Karon and had the best time celebrating at the incredible resort. We met other South African guests and really had a memorable stay. 5 star experience. Best resort in Phuket!!

Good place but not satisfied enough
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

-because we stay at upper cliff,i didnt see much staff surround our room,there was 1 time elderly chinesse guest unable to lock their room and need to walk down the cliff to just asking for the staff's help but no one there,met us so we help them to lock their room. -If you want happening area dont stay here,you will need to walk quite sometime to see place to hang out.but you can take taxi or tuk tuk if you dont mind pay more. -Breakfast is not really muslim friendly and not much choices.last day we stay the breakfast mostly contain pork so i didnt eat much,im not sure if we can special request the breakfast as it is buffet type.but dinner quite a lot of choices.love the tom yum and fried shrimp cake. -our last day stay suddenly the electric at 4 rooms shut down.no aircond,room no ventilation so it was quite hot inside the room.i wanted to open the sliding door but affraid some animal went inside.from 3 am until i checked out around 11am,im unable to sleep well.

The location is suitable for the one looking for quite place.it has a good scenery from in front of the room and nice weather from the top.really is a cliff.staff quite friendly,always help us to get taxi,fetch us from our room to the lobby(as we stayed at the upper cliff so will need the staff to drive van near to the room when check out or when come. Comfortable bed and clean room. Love the swimming pool at the cliff

Browse Secret Cliff Resort traveller photo gallery