Reviews of Smart Suites 3 stars

43/17 Sukhumvit 11, Wattana, 10110 Bangkok, Thailand

#783 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything I can think of. Small rooms, smelly, un-comfy environment and what not. Never coming back here again.

Just the location is in a great place. That’s it.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No windows so no natural light. The remote control for the AC didn't work, had to change it. The safe was broken, but nobody told us until we discovered it. And no real solution was proposed to keep our belongings safe. Bathroom not really clean, welcome by a cockroach.

Nice entrance Comfortable beds Gentle staff

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Had a couple roaches in my room

Good location, short walking distance to many bars, comfy bed, good AC, black out curtains, and close to the Airport Rail Link

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Bath room cleanliness was terrible , black mould around the edges of shower screen and walls , cupboard to hang cloth was moulded and broken from inside so didn't use it.

Although slightly out of the main centre but still location is good to walk around the main centre.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Loved everything about this hotel; the hotel staff was very good and friendly, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the location was excellent.... no complains :)

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I would like to say Smart suites is a small hotel but seems like you stay at cos the all the staff are very friendly and helpful specially the night shift lady. Room is small but clean.location is perfect because just a minute walk from all intertainment like bar and pub,many restaurants nearby so for me that's perfect stay at smart suites.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Need a bedside lamp for reading.

It's just perfect for me. One block away from Bumrungrad hospital. 200m from the excitement and lights of Soi 11. Quiet. And finally, there is a 7-11 next door.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Location that I was expecting is Soi 11 near by Soi 13 as Tendy building but so far a way for walking look like the property its last one address in Soi 11.( non Tuk Tuk service as another hotel they did) During date I stayed noise and rough from construction. Can’t relax in room a day. Just for sleep at night as they stop construction.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is very clean and neat, the location of the hotel is about 10 mins slow walk to Nana station which is fine. so all in all, its a great pick for my short stay in BKK.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the bathroom really needs to be refurbished

the receptionnist on check out was very helpful good value for money pretty calm room is fine (exept the bathroom)

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were pleasant, but evidently the management are cheap incompetent bunglers: The thermostat was set at 23 degrees with a sign saying "Don't change setting". I tried nonetheless, but it would not change. I know a lot of ignoramuses set the thermostat really low & then wear warm clothes to bed & the management wants to save on costs, but I wanted to set it to about 27 & sleep naked. Denying me the right to adjust my room temperature is downright insolent, not to mention inconsiderate. Both bedside lights were burned out. I was told replacements had to be special ordered from China. Probably true - the light bulbs were unlike any I've ever seen before - but in that case, replace the damn fixtures! The lock box was tastefully concealed in the closet, but the overall lighting was dim & the closet door blocked the weak ceiling light so I couldn't operate the keypad without a flashlight. Lousy design. Sign in the bathroom said "Please don't throw toilet paper in toilet." Ok, I know the sewer system in Bangkok is antiquated & undependable, so I'd normally comply. BUT, if you expect me to deposit my USED TOILET PAPER in a garbage can, at the very least, PROVIDE A CAN WITH A LID! My room was directly over the 7-11 & my final night there, several locals held a party on the sidewalk right out front; loud music, laughter & argument till after 3 AM.

Somebody'd gone to a lot of trouble designing an attractive space.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Smart Suites is a hidden gem in Bangkok. We have been staying there for the past 4 years. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Rooms are always clean and having a 7-11 right beside it is a huge bonus.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The size of the bathroom. It was to small with the door to close to the toilet. The place generally needs minor work in repainting and cleaning up the rooms.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is within walking distance of public transport. The internet worked OK.

no gym

Very clean, modern. Friendly & helpful lady on reception, central location, great internet. Very good shower. Second time I've stayed here. Only negative for me: no gym. I'll be back again!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We had some issues with a big cockroach in our room but when we told the receptionists about that, after 3 minutes they changed our room. Rooms were very clean so i guess it was just a small incident :) After all, we were in tropical climate.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Location was far to far from the main Sukhumvit Road. Bathroom was very tatty in places. No facilities at all. A disappointment as it looked much better than it was. I would not stay here again and would not recommend to anyone.

Room was acceptable. Wi Fi was just about acceptable.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I enjoyed my stay because of the friendly staff and quiet location. The rooms were not spacious, but were certainly adequate and clean. Soi 11 has many interesting little bars and lots of places to get tasty street food.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not easy to find. I got off at Nana BTS and jumped taxi, its only 5 mins but road winds around. Lots of taxi/tuk tuk drivers right beside entrance, felt a bit harrassed. Area had restaurants but little street food vibe. Room was cramped and TV showed mainly Indian programs /movies. I wont return. Better value properties around Nana .

Quick check in , comfy bed

• Superior Double or Twin Room

All rooms are the same, no difference even price is different. Check in at 2pm, arrive hotel at 12.30, have free rooms but was told need to pay 500 baht extra for early check in. Had a Superior room, very small room. Very bad smell and must open windows. Reception staff really not friendly.

Location. Size of bathroom.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was even smaller than what they say, I could barely move in it alone, and whenever I had a friend pass by it was even worse, they told me it's because the smoking rooms are like this. Breakfast, they served omelettes, the cheese was tasteless, and the selection was poor. The elevator didn't reach to my floor, and stairway very steep and narrow, 2 feet wide, a friend of mine tripped on it.

Only the location! I paid when i arrived and had to get by the three nights I stayed there.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The poor quality of the room initially alloted (Fortunately I could change for the next nights) The air-con (it was set, with a fixed position on air flow and temperature that was far too cold for me) Building works going on right in front causing unpleasant noise. Noisy neighbours

Nothing in special

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We really enjoyed staying in the rooftop room, where we had lots of privacy and a pretty awesome view of the tall buildings and their lights at night. There is a small table with chairs on the rooftop where we had a few pre-party drinks. The location is perfect for anyone wanting to visit some of the bars or clubs in the area. Some cool places to eat walking distance from the hotel is, Daniel Thiager (a must!) and the food at V8 American Diner was also very delicious.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No matter what time of day or night the staff at Smart Suites are not only helpful but friendly. They all speak English very well and have local knowledge that comes in handy. The property is in a good location with a couple of 7/11 stores within 100m, taxis and motorbike taxis outside and only a short walk to Nana BTS station down the famous Sukhumvit soi 11.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We asked for two single beds were given a double. If I knew we had to share a bed, I wouldn't have booked. We only found out on arrival, which was after midnight. Got moved to a new room for second night but their no window and the bathroom was rusty.

Nice location and good balcony.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We've arrived early when we asked the reception guy to check in he said pay 500 b To get early check in

Good value on selected dates nice staff Thery upgraded our room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The internet had a tendency to cut out at times which was annoying.

The location is decent once you know where it is. The reception staff are friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The worst hotel I have ever seen in my life , Imagine there is no tooth brush no paste , smell bad ,

There is nothing I liked about the hotel nothing special

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The ant every were , if you eat small thing thousands of ant comes even to ur bed , ant every were you have to make sure about the food . If u wish to bring food to ur room you will see ant even in your bed

The location in the heart of nana street

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was no phone in the room the twin bed room is too small comparing to the queen.. the twin bedroom has no window smoking rooms are on the roof or you have to go out to smoke

The location was nice the staff are amazing the queen Bed room is the best

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very cramped room, couldn't even use the toilet properly as it's up against the shower! Lift is very noisy, staff are complacent

It's very small, desperately needs an update, I guess it's cheap but I know there are better options

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

really terrible smell in one room, the second one with broken hot water pipe, we had to change for the second night both, but there was very limited choice for any change

very helpful staff at the reception desk, when we wanted to visit some cabaret show, she managed it promptly with a large smile.... she offered us to change the room, unfortunately the quality of the new one was not much better then the original

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

One of the bedside lights didn't work. Reported it on Tuesday, checked out on Saturday. Never got fixed although they said they were working on it everyday when I asked.

Staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

This place is in desperate need of some updating, broken or missing safes, plaster patches, worn furniture. I was also charged twice for this hotel, once when I booked it in October and again in February when we stayed.

As always, the woman at the front desk is welcoming and warm and the location is ideal

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

i mention in booking 2 person then while i arrived in hotel i was only 1 then they charge me for break fast for 2 person then i have pay for 2 person

no things

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms are a bit small. No breakfast offered but it's very close to a number of bars and cafes so not really a problem.

Room is very clean and made up every day. Staff are very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A king sized bed is not two twins pushed together. Bathroom was so small you needed the flexibility of a gymnast to use the toilet.

Decent location. A little far from the BTS, but easily walkable.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Almost nothing.

The hotel room is spacious, it is good enough with the value price. The location is not far from Nana BTS. We just can walk to there. Nearby there are many halal restaurant. The staff is so friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing only the bathroom door is transparent glass if you staying there with family or friends no privacy on bathroom

The staff was very helpful especially the morning staff the lady I think her name is VOK they allow me to check out at 2:30 pm and Ayesha Muslim Thai lady night shift was very helpful also .. I was enjoyed my stay there

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Though I have communicated couple of times regarding Inter connected Room or Big Room with 3/4 Beds as my Children (Age 13 and 9) wanted to live comfortably. But the Hotel management didn't reply promptly. Rather they waited and I didn't have the option to cancel the rooms without any charge. Finally the Hotel manage some comfort with special Care. Thanks in deed. > 3 star accommodation should have Break fast Facilities.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was incredibly small, it barely had room to hold my luggage and not enough space to place a sleeping pen for my son. Non-refundable reservation; there's no excuse for being unable to refund unused nights. Staff refused extra towels when requested.

The staff was somewhat friendly, but that is the case with all the hotels I've been to.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I did not like the curtain because it was obvious that it's been a while since it was washed. Also, the smell of the closet was not good. To suggest, it will improve if the hotel staff will use some scented spray inside the closet to prevent the settlement of the smell of previous guests.

The staff especially Fred was accommodating. He also helped me to get a taxi to the airport, he talked to multiple drivers to get the cheapest rate possible for me. Also, I really like how the bed was prepared.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was very tiny, all the furniture was old and looked bad. Shower handle and faucet were rusty, the celing had wet spots and room itself was very damp. Very disappointed.

I can only say good things about the receptionist who let us to leave our baggage at the hotel after check out. Thank you for that. But the hotel itself is just awful

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Bedding was a little old (aged duvet) Curtains were stained. Huge pillar in the middle of the room which makes it hard to walk around. Small room for the price I paid.

The location was good. Staff are helpful Air-Conditioning was really cold. Toilet was nice and clean Always has a tuktuk/motorbike taxi or cab waiting outside Next door to a 7-Eleven Walking distance to Soi Arab/Nana BTS

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

rooms quit small, real problem was extending my stay because i got a good deal at booking.com and they been not quit sure about the price for the next day.. finally i got a price from somebody at the reception which almost dubled the price to 1500bht from 849bht.. sorry thats to much for this room as the furniture are much older then they look on the pictures.. 500bht more i check in in a 4star just around the corner.. would have understood paying little more but..

very friendly staff, elevator, good price!!

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room offers all you need at decent price. Friendly staff. Quiet area, though waliking distane to nightlife and skytrain. A.o. Sunny who helped me out on my travel plans

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Clean and very good for relax and sleep staff is friendly When I'm stay here im felling relax same I stay in my house Them not hurry when have time to check out It good

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Executive Double or Twin Room

the executive suite was a lot more costly, but almost the same as thr standard room. It's a hotel, but felt like a motel.

I liked the friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

everything is broken and poorly or not fixed it's like the place has been abandoned and nobody cares any longer

location, very friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are a hit or miss, you may get lucky and get a decent room or like me be stuck in rooms without a functional AC or one that smells like an open sewer. The sleeping area was clean enough, however the bath rooms could be maintained better. The door to my shower was put on upside down and it got stuck, locking me in. The wifi signal was extremely weak and I could barely connect from my room. Some of the staff acted like they couldn't care less about the guests concerns about their rooms and were very dismissive of the issues I faced.

The location is a bit off the main streets, so it's a bit quiet. Also relatively close to the BTS station so good for commute around the city, however yea, it's not the classiest area in Bangkok. The price of course - it's economical. There was one lady in the staff who was very professional, helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi played up a few times

Very clean, couldn't fault the cleanliness and everything was modern enough. Beds were changed every night! Staff were friendly and there 24/7, they new bus numbers and taxis to call for reasonable rates. Very friendly staff. I was pleasantly surprised. Location is near enough to nana station where u can get almost anywhere, but it's also down a safe street so as not to noisy.. Couldn't hear a thing at night!

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The location of the toilet to the shower was a problem as there was limited leg room. A large column in the room meant there was limited floor space.

Free internet. Friendly person on reception. If possible they will allow you to check-in before designated time.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The attitude of the receptionist checked me in was very rude and asking for his tips even before he asked for the room charge. I requested him to grant me for late check out at 2pm since I checked in only at 8:30pm. And his answer was very rude strictly u have to check out at 12noon and there is no flexibility on this! The room charge was 1400 and I gave him 1500 and he claimed he has no change and that upon check out I will get my change. However,upon check out there was no change as he mentioned in the system that I got my change upon check in.!!!! I went out to have my dinner and he asked where are you going I answered genuinely I am going to have my dinner he asked me again bring for me dinner too I said r u serious he says yes!!!

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Maybe there could be more tourist information at the front desk. The receptionist was helpful but sometimes brochures can be useful.

Friendly staff Good wi fi Clean and comfortable rooms

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing, the hotel was excellent!

Hotel upgraded us free of charge which was massively appreciated after a long 14 hours of travel! The staff were very friendly and always happy to help. The location is good, about a 5 minute walk from Nana BTS station, making it easy to get from the hotel to many different locations and hotspots throughout Bangkok. Seeing as our room was beside the road, we thought it may be a little noisy at night, however we were pleasantly surprised as we could hear very little noise at night from our room.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great central location. Good value for money. Don't expect everything to be perfect at these prices but room was clean and comfortable with all normal facilities. Recommended for everyone except the extra fussy.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff and costumers service are two worlds apart

Not complaine

Good position and nice stuff...nice rooms

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Got a free upgrade on arrival

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Easy check in and friendly hotel staff.

Small room , no window

A bit far from the BTS.

Good size room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was small Not very great room Looks a lil dodgy

Location was perfect Staff always smiling Easy to get transport and street food

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very clean and quiet. Close to everything I needed.

The bathroom

Good location... Far away of noise...

Old and rusty bathroom

Clean room, comfortable bed, big window and toilet is good. 7/11 near by

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Insect available specially bed bug as my Family couldn't felt comfortable at all in there stayed.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff, cleanliness, easy accessibility to all kinds of places night clubs, food joints, supermarkets etc

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Could not pay by cash, room already debited from credit card even though I asked for cash payment

Clean

A bit far away from bts

So far so ggof

Staff reception

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is small but enough for a short trip in Bangkok. Plus it is near to skytrain

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Great staff at the reception

• Superior Double or Twin Room

1- Very difficult to get 2 kee 2- the room very small that you can't open full bathroom door ! 3- Tje bed not comfortable

Staff is good

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I'm a frequent customer in this place. Good staff,location and clean

Browse Smart Suites traveller photo gallery