2. Thailand hotel reviews
  3. Bangkok Province hotel reviews
  4. Bangkok hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of SO Sofitel Bangkok

Reviews of SO Sofitel Bangkok This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

2 North Sathorn, Bangrak, Sathorn, 10500 Bangkok, Thailand

#163 of 1,559 hotels in Bangkok

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: May 22, 2019

I want go again.... but....
    • SO Cozy Twin Room with City View

The man who showed us in Korean(SO Lynn or So Eric) explained that breakfast was 1000thb. I called myself 860thb at a special discount. I doubted, but I knew. I checked it on the spot and email was 850thb. But I did not say anything. Because I thought 20thb was a tip. When he checked out, his greeting seemed impudent.

Park view is very beautiful. The lobby and the ground floor staff are all friendly.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2019

• SO Suite with Executive Lounge Benefits

None of that kind

Everything was excellent. Fancy interriors, very suportive staff, especially club lounge and pool with a city view were super nice!

• Reviewed: May 15, 2019

We love this hotel, amazing location & facilities.
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

In this particular visit, I accidentally broke a ceramic bottle in the shower, told the staff at the lobby if he can send room service to clean it up, the only thing that staff said is it’s 900 bht. Didn’t even care if we are okay or hurt. And our room 2405 need a bit of TLC, modern design room but you can see it’s worn pretty bad.

We love this hotel, amazing location & facilities. Been coming here every year since 2016.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2019

Welcoming still like always it’s good and perfect, and the...
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

-The hotel looks a bit tired from the last few times I’ve been there, the hotel management should look after the hotel, i was so disappointed with the rooms i had to move from the earth element to to the wood element room and they both looks tired when you look at the details of the hotel like the ceiling, bed frame... et cetra. -Staff were good but not as before I’ve had a bit of drama with making an order from the room service i had to call them three times to sort out my order as they didn’t get the first two orders. -pool need to be more clean i mean the furniture and the facilities around the pool not the actual pool!

Welcoming still like always it’s good and perfect, and the check in and out time was so helpful I’ve checked in around 11 am and checked out at 2 pm.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2019

Amazing breakfast
    • SO Cozy Twin Room with City View

The breakfast was realy amazing. We stayed at the Athenee hotel 1 week before and many people say the breakfast is so good there, but the breakfast at So Sofitel is way better, both choise and quality. Also the staff is very very nice and the hotel is trendy. The rooms may need a upgrade, they are showing their age a little and ours was smelling not so good. And i like a more classic interior, like the Athenee hotel,but thats my taste. Worth the money!!

• Reviewed: May 1, 2019

Overall, a terrific stay in So-Sofitel
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

Could have provided better pillows. The pillows were way too soft. Only noticed that there was a choice of pillows at the end of our stay.. butler could have informed us during room touring. Breakfast was okay for us.

Hotel provided a card and cake on the day of my wife’s birthday. That made her day! Thank you for this special thought:) we also liked the smell of the lobby. Very inviting:) The rooftop bar ambience was great... LIVE DJ, good music.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2019

My fourth time in Bangkok and first time at So Sofitel -...
    • SO COMFY Double Room with Park or City View

Swimming pool (and the area surrounding it) need some serious renovations: unfortunately couldn’t enjoy it as it feels old, over used and dirty - breakfast is great but VERY expensive

My fourth time in Bangkok and first time at So Sofitel - position is stunning, the view over Lumphini Park is by far the best one i’ve experienced - room is spacious and very comfortable (I recommend the Water element floors) - staff was extremely polite and professional - ps: best hotel lobby ever!

• Reviewed: April 25, 2019

I think having used the hotel previously, it was still...

Can't think of anything.

I think having used the hotel previously, it was still ranking high on my list of favourites in Bangkok. Because of this and previous bookings with So Sofitel, i will continue to use the So Sofitel hotels.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2019

Absolutely amazing, great view on the city, staff are remarkable, beautiful decoration.
    • SO Cozy Twin Room with City View

It was a little bit pricy...

During our check in time, we were welcomed with a very beautiful & tasty mixture drink that we were able to enjoy in front of an amazing view on the park and Bangkok buildings. The staff was absolutely perfect, extremely helpful and polite. Lyn & Bow were very friendly = great staff. The room was perfectly clean, big enough, lovely bathroom with a huge bathtub and Italian shower.I love the chocolate lab, that offer sessions to make chocolate pieces at the entrance of the building. It smells so nice. What a great idea ! The swimming pool at the 17 floor is absolutely beautiful with an incredible view of the city, you can enjoy a drink while you are in the pool / Jacuzzi. And i loved the fitness room that allow you to run while you enjoy the magical view of the city. I will come back for sure !

• Reviewed: April 24, 2019

The hotel is beautiful.
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

The pool was closed for maintenance on our last day. I guess it isn't they're fault, but it was the only thing I can remember

The hotel is beautiful. Great views, great service. The breakfast buffet is impressive, the bed is comfortable. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had in a hotel.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2019

Location (near Lumpini for running!
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

It is not recommended to travel there with family. Young and wealthy party animals maybe. Many things: _pool is just ok: dirty, very few sun beds...etc _gym open hours are too limited _swimming pool not available for children because of pool party (however the back up Solution was good: U Sathorn) _very noisy because of the pool party (1-9pm): can’t sleep _too long check in _bed for children not ready when arriving _choice of room not available when arriving: just prepare the rooms with child bed as requested many times before

Location (near Lumpini for running!) Breakfast

• Reviewed: April 19, 2019

Poor value for money, much better hotels at this price in BKK.
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

Enter building via host of noisy coffee shops and cafes. Reception on 9th floor staffed by 5 of the most miserable Thai women in BKK. Room design poor. Tiling in shower chipped and looked ‘tired’.

Comfortable bed, excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: April 18, 2019

From the moment you step through the doors you are welcomed...
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

From the moment you step through the doors you are welcomed by very attentive and knowledgeable stuff. Amazing deco and the whole place smells of lemongrass that takes your breath away. And the view! Wow. A special thanks goes to the wonderful stuff T the breakfast: Matin, Pon and Pat! You guys were absolutely great! Thank you for a wonderful stay!!

• Reviewed: April 11, 2019

This was my second stay and the last
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

The staff professionalism.. all my requests were answered with a no. This is not a problem but the attitude of the staff was negative..

I liked the style and the interior decoration

• Reviewed: April 6, 2019

Luxury and fashion
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

This hotel is not for family with young children. Staff is keen if you are fashionable but they don't really care about you if you are here to visit the city and share a family moment. As usual in luxury hotel in Thailand, they're money focused.

What an amazing design! Hotel interior is designed by Christian Lacroix. Very great view on the city or on the park! Very huge and delicious breakfast! Delighting pool at the 10th floor until 10:00pm.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2019

Breakfast is the best I’ve ever had!
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

The day I checked in was my birthday, better to get some greetings from such high end hotel, unfortunately I didn’t get it.

Breakfast is the best I’ve ever had!

• Reviewed: March 22, 2019

One of the best in Bangkok
    • SO Cozy Twin Room with City View

Lack of chargable mini bar in the room . Location is good but it’s almost impossible to reach because of traffic. No sun on the pool , so if u want to get tenned u have to use “solarium” opossite of the pool

Pool , but the water temperature is quite low . Breakfast is perfect. Rooms are nice decorated with good amenities. Roof tob bar is just perfect .

• Reviewed: March 14, 2019

The room and the view was great, even when your room is not...
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

Visitors can join the pool and about noon it is so full that you cannot even get a sun lounger.

The room and the view was great, even when your room is not on the park side. Everything is clean and the personal is very gentel.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2019

I had high expectation but the Korean staff here was apparently under trained with attitudes
    • SO Club Double Room with Park View and Executive Lounge Benefits

1. Staff is not well trained especially Korean reception named Suki Min (Arrogant and with a strong attitude. Seems only Korean customers are prestige and when I show my ID, she claimed she can't see the English while my HK ID card clearly displayed and she refused to read. When the manager comes, she didn't even apologize and keep working on her own stuff and ignore me and my girlfriend) 2. Wrong room - I booked the park view but allocated the city view suits for me (They say it is an upgrade but the suits I booked is the second most expensive one while the most expensive one is SOLD OUT that day) and waiting time is over 30 mins

I like the facility and the view from the room. Also the accessibility of this hotel

• Reviewed: March 4, 2019

Overpriced and definitely not worth the money you pay. Stay elsewhere or put up with worn out room.
    • SO Cozy Twin Room with City View

So Sofitel rates themselves as a 5 star hotel and online reviews about them seem positive. However, we would rate the 3-3.5 stars at most as the rooms are very worn out. Imagine stains, scratches, dust, mould, dented walls and old furniture. The price they charge per night definitely does not equate to the standard that you should get. I am sure with the money you pay you could actually pay for a real 5 star stay somewhere else instead of a worn out room. Staff were mostly friendly however there were some that were not so helpful.

Reception area is beautiful and great eateries near by.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2019

My favourite hotel in the world ....... so far!
    • SO Cozy Twin Room with City View

This is such unique hotel and building. Checkin was an unusual, cool, and ultimately efficient process. The food in all the restaurants I ate at was superb. The building is so spectacular, especially pool area and rooftop bar. The spa area was wonderfully decorated and the massage i had last night was one of my top five. If I were living in Bangkok, I would choose to live here!

• Reviewed: February 24, 2019

Rooms are very comfortable with a modern design.
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

Rooms are very comfortable with a modern design. Highly recommend the pool party on the last Saturday of the month. The staff were extremely friendly. The design of the hotel is super cool. The rooms are designed after 4 elements. Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Reviewed: February 22, 2019

They upgraded us to a better room when our first one had...
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

They upgraded us to a better room when our first one had ants. Excellent service overfall, including at the restaurant Park Society and the sky bar. Gorgeous infinity pool. Loved this hotel and would certainly recommend it.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2019

Comfortable room with a great view to the park and Bangkok's skyline
    • SO COMFY Twin Room with Park or City View

The check-in takes a while as there's a "queue" prior to my arrival. I understand 3-4PM is probably the busiest time for check-in, but by observing the number of staff at the reception (7 of them at one time) and the number of guests in the lobby I believe they could do better. They all look very busy and that has reflected in their facial expressions which you don't usually see with people who opted in to work in the service industry. Cheer up folks!

Always wanted to stay at SO Sofitel because it's near Lumpini Park and I can go for a run in the morning. Visited Red Oven twice before but this time breakfast wasn't included so I can't say much about the breakfast line. Love the unique park view and the skyline of Bangkok at anytime of the day. The room has everything you need and the bed is very comfy. Solution Centre/Room service staff are helpful. Parking can be a little limited especially on a day with a Wedding held at the hotel.

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

Great hotel
    • SO COMFY Double Room with Park or City View

The room "Earth" was very beautiful, spacious, the king bed very comfortable. Nice view over Lumpini park. The bar on the roof top is great, cocktails are very good, reasonable prices. The swimming pool is a little bit cold as the jacuzzi... but it is great to relax and admire the city from there !

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

I will not come back to so Sofitel bangkok
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

I was arriving after long-distance flight to a room where the wc smell from urine. The in general the hotel is not very clean, from 22 floor they moved us to 16 floor. The hotel in general has been nice years ago, but The mantaing can be better. Sorry but it is not a 5 star hotel.

The staff are really really really nice and the breakfast was amazing.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2019

Our room was amazing, it had a wonderful view of the city...
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

There were only two negatives from our stay. Firstly, the tables and chairs at pool bar were quite dirty underneath/on the sides. This was slightly off putting when ordering lunch. Secondly, the taxi that the concierge got for us when leaving for the airport tried to rip us off badly and was also full of flies. There were taxis waiting at the other side of the hotel which looked like the genuine metered taxis we had used before but they got us one from somewhere else and the driver refused to use the meter and after driving off decided to tell us he was charging us double what we had paid every other time we travelled to and from the airport. This wasn't a nice end to our holiday and I would expect the hotel to source genuine metered taxis for guests

Our room was amazing, it had a wonderful view of the city and the bed was so comfortable. The rooftop bar was great and we enjoyed cocktails and wine there both nights that we stayed. Staff were polite and helpful, especially the girl who showed us to our room. We hired bikes which was so simple with the help of staff

• Reviewed: January 21, 2019

Nice place and location
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

The music was annoying. Too noisy a/c in the room. The food / drinks at the restaurant were expensive and too complicated ... they were more entertaining than tasty. It would be great, if to make the music / food / drink as great as the view..

The pool and interiors

• Reviewed: January 18, 2019

The breakfast is complete, and Tuktuk free to nearest BTS
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

The room ambience of earth element is bad, the colour so dark, and the shape of the room is not good

The breakfast is complete, and Tuktuk free to nearest BTS

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

I mean, this is of course a luxury hotel, and the check-in...
    • SO Cozy Twin Room with City View

They did not manage to make us feel very welcome, it is an industry because of its size. Thw extra bed is for childen. Everything is expensive.

I mean, this is of course a luxury hotel, and the check-in was great. The gym is really good and the roof top bar is great. Staff lovely.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2019

Everything was perfect.
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

The pool was a bit cooler than one would expect, so it was hard to stay in it for long time. It took me quite a while to convince my baby girl to swim with me because she said it's too cold. It could have been great if there would have been a bit more light in the bathroom in the room.

Everything was perfect. Stuff is very friendly and helpful. View from the room was amazing and the bed w ass super comfortable.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2019

Big, comfy, well equipped room.
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

Gym and pool a bit cramped. Location is good for visiting park but otherwise not particularly close to main sights.

Big, comfy, well equipped room. Great view over Lumphini park. Excellent spa and rooftop bar. Interesting design, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2019

Bellhops in silk bloomers with dyed hair.
    • SO Cozy Twin Room with City View

We only stayed 1 night and didn’t get the chance to try the pool or facilities. For a one-night layover it is perfect. Very comfy beds. Well-designed brand new rooms. Excellent strong shower. Ask for high floor overlooking the park.

Bellhops in silk bloomers with dyed hair. Helpful and efficient

• Reviewed: January 8, 2019

Beautiful, elegant hotel with an awesome breakfast and roof top bar.
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

The music in the roof top bar was a bit noisy at times.

Beautiful, small hotel with an easy access to everything and everywhere. Awesome breakfast, roof top bar also. We had some minor problems with the window in our room. As a compensation the hotel allowed us a late check out, which we really appreciated. Special thanks to Ms. Rapeepan Thongurai for this arrangement.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2019

Everything, the location is central, room is clean and well...
    • SO COMFY Twin Room with Park or City View

Nothing. Everything is lovely

Everything, the location is central, room is clean and well renovated, and the breakfast is just amazing. The park outside the hotel brings awesome view for breakfast. The infinity pool is amazing, will definitely stay over again next time.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2019

• SO COMFY Double Room with Park or City View

We didn't like the pool. The pool itself is nice but it was all in the shade and exposed to people's eyes. If one wants to sunbath, one needs to go to a separate location, away from the pool. Thus, we never used the pool. That's sad.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2019

It is a lovely hotel.
    • SO Cozy Twin Room with City View

The neighborhood is borring.

It is a lovely hotel. An attention to detail. In the decor, the uniforms of the staff, and the different kind of room decor you can choose by. Just beautiful. Also the pool area is very cool, just a lukket cold.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

Club service not worth the money - staff trying to point you...
    • SO Club Double Room with Park View and Executive Lounge Benefits

Club service not worth the money - staff trying to point you to a 9th floor checkout with the crowd as opposed to your checkout entitlement on the 25th floor at club level. This was my 7th stay here...its going downhill every time.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

Extremely stylish - great views too
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

Long way from the main sights and the river - but v close to the station Lights in bedroom are not intuitive - hard work trying to work them out - stylish but not functional - badly designed

Extremely stylish - great views too Fun welcome with cocktail Friendly staff Well fitted out room with proper coffee (so many top hotels still give you instant)

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

Good rooms BAD RESTAURANT
    • SO COMFY Double Room with Park or City View

Breakfast and service in restaurant On two occasions back to back I could not get the coffee. I asked for it 3-4 times with different staff. Finally I went to the capuchino machine myself and got it. Either the staff does not understand English or they are NOT TRAINED. Either way it is bad for customers. The food spread both for breakfast buffet and dinner buffet were very poor. With a French accent one would expect the bread to be superb! But it was disappointing. I would recommend friends to stay at this hotel but NOT EAT AT THIS HOTEL. They need to look into the service standards and the food choices here.

The rooms were very tastefully designed. No wonder it was the work of professional designers

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

Comfortable rooms in a stylish, centrally-located hotel.
    • SO COMFY Double Room with Park or City View

Apart from Vevina and the other lady at the Concierge desk, some of the other staff could have been more friendly, especially one of the doormen in charge of helping guests with taxis -- an older, less slim gentleman in spectacles. The lifts could also have been a bit faster -- we need to take a lift up to Level 9 and then change to another set of lifts to the rooms. The algorithms for the lifts need to be adjusted so they work more efficiently.

Stylish design, comfortable rooms, great amenities, great location (near MRT station, not too far away from a BTS station). And Vevina at the Concierge desk was absolutely charming.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2018

Disappointed with room - for me, I felt it had an uncomfortable atmosphere.
    • SO Cozy Twin Room with City View

Heavily themed hotel. Room was very darkly decorated with graphic wall paper that I found oppressive. I didnt feel relaxed or want to stay in the room beyone just sleeping in the bed. Bathroom arrangement equally dark and strange

Great views from the main reception floor. Location outside the city centre was good to be away from the news.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2018

So so... Not great, not awful, just average.
    • SO COMFY Double Room with Park or City View

Over-designed and not well-thought through. No privacy in the room toilet. Literally the only separator being a bunch of wood sticks, making the toilet practically in the room - very unpleasant when travelling with someone. Terrible lighting in the room. It's always dark, I could barely see what's in my luggage. There's selection of teas and a kettle but no cups other than tiny espresso cups - and no one bothered bringing one throughout our stay! No electric plug at one side of the bed. Although it has a park view, actually the hotel's located at a junction of three busy polluted highways. As soon as you step out you're surrounded by boiling hot dirty and noisy highways and no single tree in sight! Hit and miss service. Made sat at a table at the rooftop bar by a waiter, only to be asked to move to another table by another arrogant waiter a couple of minutes later... You can't charge coffee to your room, have to pay directly at hotel's cafe.

View from the room and pool. Chocolate shop at the hotel. Modern gym The outdoor swimming pool, which might be considered an oasis in Bangkok with the park view - but bear in mind that it's actually only 8 floors above a junction of three high motorways pumping fumes and traffic noise.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

I LOVE SO/ HOTEL.
    • SO Cozy Twin Room with City View

Everything was really good except breakfast. As a tourist if there were some other Thailand foods, then it could be better.

View, location nearby metro, staff, swimming pool, rooftop and the room were really good.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Best hotel I've ever stayed in
    • SO COMFY Double Room with Park or City View

Easily the best hotel me and my partner have ever stayed in. The staff, the rooms, the breakfast, the views, the rooftop bar, the spa, were all unbelievable. If anyone's going to Bangkok I'd say that they HAVE to stay here.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

the hotel is in a very good location.
    • SO COMFY Double Room with Park or City View

the hotel is in a very good location. the rooms are big, comfortable and nicely designed. breakfast is a must. overall very good experience. do try the spa but book in advance

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

So Sofitel is the best place we’ve stayed so far during our...
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

So Sofitel is the best place we’ve stayed so far during our trip along Thailand. The only regret is that we Booked for only one night. I wouldn’t have left! They gave us an upgrade to a room with the most breathtaking view on the park. The breakfast is amazing and the rooftop bar is awesome.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Beautiful hotel and very welcoming staff.
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

Beautiful hotel and very welcoming staff. Really good food - pretty much anything you can imagine for breakfast! Spacious immaculate room with ginormous bathroom. Will definitively stay here again in BKK.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Just impeccable. Loved it!
    • SO Club Double Room with Park View and Executive Lounge Benefits

For us, we could have managed without the pool party that apparently takes place every Saturday which was rather messy and crowded. Although, a little party never killed nobody 👍

We booked a room with access to the lounge and got upgraded to a Spa Suite with a massage bed in the room (!) and a bath tub on the balcony with remarkable views. Book this room if you can, and with access to the lounge, it is completely worth it. Also, the service was impeccable and better than most other five star hotels I’ve stayed at - extremely helpful and personal. A special thanks to Zonya who made sure our visit was as comfortable as it could get.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

Lovely hotel, good location in Bangkok with an amazing view...
    • SO Cozy Twin Room with City View

No dislikes, everything was brilliant.

Lovely hotel, good location in Bangkok with an amazing view over Lumphini Park, felt like I was in NYC! Pool area lovely, had cocktails and food and both were amazing. Staff really set this place apart, helpful and polite and go out of their way to help. When we got back from dinner, our beds had been turned down and we had slippers and water laid out for us, a nice touch! Beds are super comfortable with different pillows to choose from, had my best nights sleep in Thailand here. Would definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

Happy stay at the Hotel.
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

Slight smell of damp. Old room needs renovating Not having slow closing toilet seat.

Good size room. Staff outstanding the ones we had dealings with Plenty of smiles for us Manger gave us his card upon arrival

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

Amazing as to be expected from Sofitel
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

Pool is in the shade, there’s a sundeck on the opposite side, howerver, there’s an air vent or generator running for most of the time, which makes it very noisy to stay there... apart from that nothing to complain about..

Great hotel, friendly staff, good location. Nicely decorated room. Awesome breakfast

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Breakfast buffet was amazing.
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

Location by the park is nice, and while close to a metrostop it's not the most convenient location if you want to use public transportation - most people end up taking a cab.

Breakfast buffet was amazing. Get a higher level room for great views of the park and city skyline!

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Trendy design and reasonable price for a 5 star hotel.
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

The pool is a little cold. Breakfast area can get very crowded.

Excellent service from reception - I booked my stay on the wrong dates but the staff managed to swiftly resolve the issue. Tastefully decorated hotel room. Value for money, for a 5 star hotel. Close access to MRT station.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

The place to be in Bangkok !
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

The comportment of the room cleaner when my wife fell down in the shower and broke the conditioner.

The breakfast. The bar on the rooftop. The view. The pool. The place of the hotel. The room.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Fantastic room, great service.
    • SO COMFY Double Room with Park or City View

Breakfast was a bit expensive (1000 baht per person per day), as were the beer at the rooftop bar (around 200 baht for 0,33 bottle). No sun at the pool, but seems to be like that at most hotels in Bangkok?

We got an early check in at 10am free of charge. Beautiful «So Comfy» corner room Water theme (2511) with views of the city and a bath tub at the window. Service was great, my girlfriend even got a card and a small cake for her birthday. Free coffee machine and minibar with water and snacks. Breakfast was the best I have experienced at a hotel. Nice infinity pool on the 10th floor, although on the north side in the shade, and a sundeck on the south side.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

One of the best nights in Bangkok!
    • SO COMFY Double Room with Park or City View

Well, nothing that we did not like! :) Everything was on point during our stay. The only thing: We couldn't find the hair dryer, but no big deal!

After a few days of traveling from A to B we were looking for a chilled and relaxing hotel. And staying at the SO/ was not only amazing, it totally made us chilled, relaxed and happy! The hotel was very easy to find (coming from Suvarnabhumi Airport) and its design and decorations are stunning! All we were looking for in a night in Bangkok after some busy days. Our room was epic! Clean, stunning view and the bathroom was just WOW! The staff is more than friendly and helpful and made us feel welcomed the first moment we got to the lobby. I was amazed by all the little details. Once you get out of the lifts there is this amazing fragrance and it automatically makes you feel chilled. A very smooth touch of lemon grass. The breakfast is more than good. It has a huge variety of all the different kind of breakfast options. From japanese, vietnamese, thai, european,... fresh coconuts! You will find everything that makes a breakfast a winner! Worth every money you spend there! We will be back for sure and for those of you who are looking for a short vacation from the busy life or work... check out SO/ Bangkok! It will blow you mind and make you feel relaxed, recharged and just happy! The beds are sooo comfy! Made me feel like in heaven and those pillows! Priceless! One of our best sleeping experience ever! Plus: Great Customer Service! P.s.: Epic views from their RoofTopBar and the restaurant has some really nice food with a large wine list! :)

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Expensive but Worth it for a Few Nights
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

It is on the high side for Bangkok. Anywhere else in the world and you'd pay triple though. We paid $220 per night for our room (Earth room) and it just feels expensive for Bangkok. The mattress we had could have been better too. But the pillows are divine. We've stayed here a few times when we wanted to relax, unwind and have some fun and it's never disappointing. Oh, and I really wish they'd put a coffee maker in the rooms. That would be helpful.

Funky, eclectic, posh and entertaining -- Sofitel So is a great splurge hotel for a party weekend or a work weekend in Bangkok. The pool is an infinity that overlooks the skyline and Lumpini Park. Great gym facilities. Good brunch on the weekends that's a bit cheaper than the competition and a pillow menu for your room with giant soaking tubs.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

A wonderful hotel with fantastic staff and stunnig views.
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

The bed was super comfy. The staff were exceptional and really helpful. The views from the hotel were stunning. The breakfast buffet was amazing. Rooftop bar brilliant.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Club food was ok/passable.
    • SO Lofty King Suite with Panoramic Park or City View

Very disappointed they did not award points for a stay in a suite for 3 nights just because we booked via Booking.com. I am an Accor Platinum member and this was bad. Never had this problem with other top hotels in Bangkok e.g. St Regis

Club food was ok/passable....have had much better in other hotel clubs. Location inferior to the Erawan junction hotels, public transport like BTS not convenient.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

It’s a fantastic place to stay, clean, modern, staff...
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

It’s a fantastic place to stay, clean, modern, staff friendly and helpful. Food was excellent as we loved all the breakfast manu. I’ll definitely stay there again next time.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Great location for gays, short taxi to Silom clubs and good...
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

Need to change elevators to get to street level, kinda stupid.

Great location for gays, short taxi to Silom clubs and good restaurants around. Rooms come in 3 different designs: wood, blue and white, I preferred the wood one. Hotel is clean and the pool is nice, overlooking the park. The rooftop bar is fun, would visit again.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

it was difficult getting a taxi and the employee who was...
    • SO COMFY Double Room with Park or City View

it was difficult getting a taxi and the employee who was flagging them for us, just let others 'steal' the taxi away. He needed to be more vigilent.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

Chic, stylish and luxurious. Friendly staff, great stay.
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

Five star prices for add-on's but worth it when desired.

Love Sofitel So. Chic, sophisticated and stylish everywhere. Staff are friendly and professional, themed rooms spacious, luxurious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

We didn’t want to leave! Amazing staff, we will be back.
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

The SO pool is amazing, but it isn’t a very relaxing area. On the Friday someone was doing a photo shoot and standing over us. On the Saturday there was a pool party, which meant we had to leave by 1pm and that they were setting up before then. We were offered to either join the party (with heaving music) or an alternative pool at another hotel, but all we really wanted to do was relax at the one we had paid for and were staying at. Others may enjoy a party though so that’s only our opinion!

Amazing staff and buffet breakfast. We loved having an evening cocktail at the Hi SO bar. Our room was quiet and bed was really comfortable.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Great breakfast, nice views, staff very helpful.
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

Very complicated internally. Need to catch 2 separate lifts to exit the building. Check in is on level 9... stupid Very dark in the rooms and in the foyer. No instructions on how to do stuff. Need to access info on the tv which is difficult to do in the first place. Broken and moving tiles in the bathroom.

Great breakfast, nice views, staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

2nd stay at the end of my Thailand trip
    • SO COMFY Double Room with Park or City View

The view on Lumphini park is stunning, I love the decoration of the rooms, the swimming pool, excellent breakfast, kind and efficient staff... everything really! Expensive, but worth it

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Think more into customer-orientation.....you will finally lose more by customers not returning
    • SO Club Double Room with Park View and Executive Lounge Benefits

compared to last time - cocktail time changed to 4-6PM. This is perhaps saving money to SO but was also a very bad management decision, who is in for a drink at 5PM??? NONE of other hotels I stay (Hilton, Marriott, etc..) offer such a "stupid" cocktail time......it is totally an anti-customer measure.... Also asked in the bar for a glass of Prosseco and was denied, only Champagne was offered, had 2.....during the second glass the bartender suddenly opened a bottle of Proseecco !? I was told it was for a welcome drink purpose.....common!

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

sosofitel good, but not marriott

elevator is uncomfortable

location is good. view is good. northeast(restaurant) is good. room is very pretty and silent. swimming pool is good. during this travel, 2days in sosofitel, 2days in marriott sukhumvit, sosofitel is so good more than i expected, but marriett!!!! is terrible more than i think.. first, the door inside the room(our room is part of family room) is opened...(during the door, somebody cleaned other room, but i didn't know that(i think this room is just noisy!) i changed the clothes, used the toliet), staff is not coming(i called twice..). room condition is also not good. other room's pee? sound is heard...and elevator sound was make me wake up.. im so disappointed.. do not make a reservatio with marriott sukhumvit that is a waste a your money

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

One of my favourite hotels in Bangkok

Noisy street.

My second stay and I still love it, great size rooms with stunning view of the park and city, excellent customer service, great comy bed, nice decorations.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Best Luxury Hotel in Bangkok...
    • SO Cozy Twin Room with City View

Room layout could have been better.

Very luxurious Hotel. Had each and every amenities available. Room were very spacious, clean and look regal. Entertainment System, WiFi, toiletries, towels everything perfect. Room view wonderful. However, breakfast was quite upsetting, since, i am a vegetarian, and I had hardly any options except bread and juices. Otherwise, it is perfect.. Recommend for everybody.. (Mind it is very expensive)

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

A beautiful hotel, perfectly located
    • SO COMFY Double Room with Park or City View

The cozy atmosphere of a boutique hotel despite its size, great location near Lumphini park and metro station, beautiful views on the park and city skyline, friendly staff, infinity swimming pool, relaxing lounges, spa, uniquely decorated rooms (I had an “Earth”-themed one). Definitely recommended!

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

The breakfast buffet was really good.
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

The breakfast buffet was really good. Enjoyed spending time at the pool was well, amazing views from both the room and the pool. Outstanding service as well. My sink had a leaking tap and they got it fixed in no time.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Blew me away! Book it now

Can’t think of one!

I got a free upgrade to a corner room on 21st floor There are 4 themes for the rooms Breakfast was exceptional Excellent welcome and amazing views of city from my room They had thought of everything Pool had an amazing view

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Absolutely amazing hotel with breathtaking views over...
    • SO Cozy Double Room with City View

I can’t think of anything, sorry :-)

Absolutely amazing hotel with breathtaking views over Bangkok. Best pool in town! Love the vibrant design and decor. Super nice staff, clean facilities and delicious food. Overall impression is beyond words! Highly recommendable for couples that want to explore the best sites of Bangkok. Thank you so much for your hospitality So Sofitel Bangkok! You made our honeymoon!!

We Price Match