Reviews of Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid 5 stars

9/9 Prachasumran Road, Nai Muang, Muang, 40000 Khon Kaen, Thailand

#5 of 73 hotels in Khon Kaen

My stay was based on location practicality as I was visiting a relative who was Seriously I’ll in ho

That I realised once I arrived that I should have been allowed to change my booking using my Accor account but the staff denied me this privilege and I had to pay full price for everything , they did not discount me , I didn’t realise .

Breakfast has a reasonable variety,

Best hotel in North East Region
    • Superior Twin Room

Smoking area is a little bit difficult to find

Great for value for money. Famous hotel in Konkaen district. Bed is so soft. Breakfast is great. Location is almost center of the Khonkaen.

quality of food in the combined German/italian restaurant was not so good, the soup was uneatable.

Food quality could be better, and if ethnic dishes are offered should stay closer to the original recipes. The Cream of Mushroom soup was so watery and bland it was sent back as inedible. Breakfast offered a wide choice of dishes however staff were not proactive meaning many dishes were not available including the fundamentals for breakfast such as coffee and cups, and cutlery.

Unfriendly reception

Hotel reception very unfriendly, I checked in and they overcharged me initially, after questioning them they dismissed me. Afterwards I complained to another receptionist they realised that not had they overcharged me they had mistook my debit card for a credit card, so I had to pay again and now I am waiting for a refund which will take 2 weeks. I got no apology and staff were unpleasant to deal with, I stay at the Pullman 5 or 6 times a year, I wont be any more.

Nowhere near Pullman standard...
    • Executive Suite

1) the key card for the room had to be replaced 3 times 2 ) the kettle did not work in the room 2 ) the air condition was freezing in the bedroom but warm in the living room 4 ) the shower was either boiling hot or cold ) I asked at the front desk if i could borrow a calculator for half an hour I was told to "0'' myself and ask..

Breakfast was good...

Slipping standards.

Breakfast buffet variety and quality poor. Especially the tea and coffee. Also very poor service. No room service menu or mini bar price list in the room. All beverages very expensive.

Deli and reception staff. Very friendly and efficient. Clean and comfortable rooms. Fast internet.

Comfortable, but noisy.

The neighborhood is very noisy. We could hear the noise (coming from bars and restaurants) from our room, although we were staying on the 20th floor. The level of noise may have been higher than usual because of the World Cup, though even on evenings without any matches it was still noisy. The hotel should really get a proper coffee machine at breakfast.

The room and the bathroom were spacious and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was well-supplied and offered a traditional range of choices (Asian or Western). The gym had some good cardio machines, though in the weight section the equipment were a bit old. The staff were overall helpful and friendly.

Stayed here many times over the last 16 years, Very well kept clean and comfortable rooms.

Cost of drinks at pool.

Hotel is very clean and well kept. Friendly staff. Entertainment and micro brewery. Close to shops and bars. Nice pool. Comfy beds.

Noisy night clubs

Next night clubs are SUPER NOISY in night time, weekday and weekends. Facilities are fine and clean, but I can't sleep everytime I stay here. (stayed 4 times, total 2 weeks+)

It is very nice hotel if you play all night and fall asleep in the morning to noon.

Enjoyed our stay but not really worth the money they charge.

The mattress has seen better days. I got one of the better rooms and the mattress was old and very lumpy.

The Pullman is starting to show its age. But, still enjoyed our stay.

Meets most expectations

The hotel meets most expectations, but I've been staying at this hotel for 7+ years off and on, and it's not what it once was. For the most part it meets all expectations for a comfortable place to sleep on a short visit. A bit more friendliness from the staff in reception would go a long way. A lot of blank unhappy faces to be seen there. They aren't rude, but nobody seems particularly happy.

Spacious room, comfortable bed including extra bed, central...

Long check-out, rundown pool

Spacious room, comfortable bed including extra bed, central location, friendly staffs, amazing breakfast, nice welcome drinks

Ok

Shower was crap Hot cold Hot cold Restaurant staff needed a wake up Slow service when not busy at all and a general attitude of pretending to do a good job rather than doing it

Beds were good

Very good apart from having single beds.
    • Superior Twin Room

We were checked into a twin bed room at your request. When i booked a double bed room that was my request. For both Mr Sanderson and Mr Igo. I checked with the hotel and they showed me your request form it said two single bed rooms. Please advise.

The whole experience was very nice

I liked my stay at the Pullman and I will come back to stay but I won’t be getting drinks at the bar
    • Superior Twin Room

I got 1 drink at the bar and they charge me 5 times the price if I walk out the Pullman and 100y along the road I got the same drink for a 5th of the price. I would have liked to relax in the hotel but it’s to expensive. The wifi was not good very slow so I didn’t use it.

The Pullman is a very nice hotel

Very nice stay

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Yes of course that hotel is a bit older already, but it is still ok. And for that price per night in the Isaac area in Thailand it is absolutely good deal. I will come again sure.

nice hotel just to sleep in

food expensive in hotel like 1100 baht each person for evening buffet, eat out side the hotel for 600 baht for 2 people with drinks. the gym equipment is not great too and mini bar in room expensive too for soft drinks. nice hotel just to sleep in

it's a great hotel very comfortable in hotel room

Overall... great
    • Superior Twin Room

That no where it was stated that you had to deposit 1,000 baht a night for your stay. 1 night =1,000 baht 2 nights = 2,000baht. etc...etc..etc.

Great hotel, shame about the keycards

The room key cards are a nightmare. We had to get the cards reset every day! We were told not to put them near mobile phones or electronics, which I made sure that I didnt, after the first reset. There were two guests and the staff said one key has to stay in the room! Huh?! So give me 3 keys then. Two guests need two keys that work. Very frustrating for an otherwise beautiful hotel in a great location. The pool area needs refreshing.

The location is great, the rooms are big, with a luxurious feel. The bed and bedding are excellent. The maid was efficient, accomodating and friendly. Free fast wifi. The Hotel is beautiful with Thai architecture. The entrance is stunning.

Ok
    • Superior Twin Room

restaurant very expensive (500 THB for breakfast) ... this is more than most hotels in Bangkok

Good location, lots of restaurants nearby, and easy to get downtown

A rather dated 4* hotel in need of total refurbishment.

Noise from the Disco in the basement until 2:00am!!! So lound that the furniture in my room, on the 14th floor, was vibrating!!!!

Formerly a Sofitel, Accor has now downgraded the brand of this property to a Pullman, instead of spending the money needed on a long-overdue refurbishment. Rooms and many public reas looking rather dated and tired.

Obviously premium accomodation in Khon Kaen.
    • Superior Twin Room

I think the checkout procedure could be quicker, we were the only people at the desk but had to sit down for 8 minutes while the room was checked? Not sure how long things would take if it was a bit busier....you know, you just want to get going.

Obviously premium accomodation in Khon Kaen. I would normally stay in something smaller and more "local"....but a very comfortable and very western style hotel in regional thailand.

Unhappy

Not told room was ready - hanging around in.the lobby for ages - then on check out even charged for water!! Even cheaper hotels provide water free!!

Check-in was terrible - room was not ready for check-in time given so given a small soft drink while waiting around for over an hour not told when room was ready- then asked for cash deposit despite having my credit card number - i have never been asked for cash deposit in any hotel i have ever stayed in anywhere in the world!!

Average Hotel Stay
    • Superior Twin Room

The hotel seems a bit old hence there are still carpets in the rooms. Personally I don't like that due to dust and all that stuff. The only negative thing was when we ordered room service we had to wait almost 45Min. But then we got an Orange juice as compensation. :)

The location was perfect for our stay. It is close to Central and around the hotel you have a lot of nice locations to spend the evening. The staff is friendly and the breakfast was good. The rooms are clean and you can sleep quite well in those beds.

Beautiful, comfortable room with view

The fridge in the room was small and slow to cool any contents. Very high mini-bar prices.

Beautifully furnished room, well-designed, good lighting, reasonable room rate. Very clean and well-maintained. Large bathroom with tub. The closet could also be accessed from inside the bathroom-great! Good view. Very impressive lobby and public areas.

If you are at a room at the backside of the hotel there is a...
    • Executive Suite

If you are at a room at the backside of the hotel there is a great techno club and chicken stall that keeps you up all night - windows are almost not existent..

High quality for a decent price

Wi-Fi was slow and unreliable. If you need a decent connection, Central Plaza, which is ten minutes walk away, has a 100Mbps rock solid connection.

Good facilities, with a quiet fitness centre including sauna, and good breakfast. Clean, spacious, well-stocked rooms. The staff were friendly and helpful. Within walking distance of Central Plaza and not far from other shopping malls and Bueng Kaen Nakhon. I was there to run the Khon Kaen marathon and they arranged a free shuttle bus very early in the morning for the runners.

Yusuf/South Africa

The matress needed changing, the property outside maybe needs more lighting

Great value for money,staff always willing to assist, room and bathroom is really spacious,

A very nice hotel with a luxuriant appeal

Oh dear, inattentive breakfast service; find someone to order coffee from, then find someone to get a teaspoon for the coffee which has just arrived, then wait around the self-servic buffet area after asking for someone to refill the empty butter dish. The breakfast itself is good with lots of variety but either greater commitment to service is required or more helping hands,

The breakfast was below average.

The breakfast was below average. For one thing, no butter, just some horrible strange sort of margarine. No good bread. No decent fruit jam. Etc. But overall it is a good hotel.

I was disappointed with the accommodation

I wasn’t pleased when I checked in and was asked for a 10,000baht deposit on top of the total payment for my stay. The hotel needs a revamp in the way it is run. It’s not a five star property and it’s gradualy slipping to 3.5 star.

Good place, but need to improve Hotel's Wifi

Wifi is very horrible, I cannot connect to internet at all. I went for business trip and I cannot access to my working Email that too bad for me.

Bed is very comfort, good breakfast and staff is very kind.

Very nice hotel, good location, bedroom very confortable. Just wrong experience about booking a taxi

Well, i really not understand why i couldn't book in advance (one day) a taxi from the desk to go to the airport after our check out... At the desk they said it will be easy to get one just 5 minuts before the departure... and actualy not at all... waiting for 20/25 mns for nothing then finaly the hotel shuttle brought us at the airport for double amount... so from my point of view, in this kind of level hotel, you should work on it better...

Actualy i got up grade then my bedroom (suite) was more than enough for us, very big, many good equipments, clean, bed very conftorbale, very good and beautiful bathroom. I have absolutly nothing to say about the check in and the bedroom except "thank you so much" !

I am a regular guest at Pullman Hotels - unfortunately this...
    • Superior Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Children)

Rooms extremely dated - shower water pressure was appalling and sometime no hot water at all - Sauna and facilities very dated and not well maintained.

I am a regular guest at Pullman Hotels - unfortunately this hotel falls short of their usual high standards.

Staff poor,
    • Superior Twin Room

I stayed only 1 day but will not stay again. I found my room to be still occupied. Then was given a smoking room (horrible) staff unable to do what they say even forgot to ring taxi even though they know I’m late.

I liked the location

We loved the room, the quality of all the furnishings are...

We loved the room, the quality of all the furnishings are superb! beautiful bathroom with shower and separate bath. good views of the city! we are looking forward to our next stay at this hotel! We found the staff to be very helpful at all times!

Close but no cigar.

The a/c was very noisy and had no temp control. Condements were there but westeners like milk for coffee and tea. Had to get it sent up. At a fee of course.

The rooms are first class. Except.

Overpriced but okay

The staff barely speak English. The reception staff were okay. But restaurant and bar staff their level of English was terrible. And I was only trying to order the same drink as what I saw another guest drinking.

If you love disco in your bedroom, welcome

Opposite disco loud up 3 am every day. All the room shaking in the rytmus... Very, VERY poor WiFi. Disconnecting, not safe, slow Some mold in shower.

Surprisingly cheap for 5 star hotel, very spacious room

The Grande Dame of Issan

Check in and out is laboured for a hotel of this quality. The property is starting to show its age.

The rooms are large and very well appointed. The bathroom is spacious and the bed very comfortable.

Khon Karen's number one hotel!

Dinner in the restaurant was expensive but disappointing

I have stayed here many times and it remains by far the best hotel in the city. Rooms are large and very well appointed, decorations are good throughout, staff are friendly and helpful and the pool is excellent

overall, the facilities as well as the hotel staff are fine. we love it anyway.

the curtain in our room was covered with much dust, when i opened the curtain, it flew over me. so i asked the housekeeper to pay attention on dusting it. moreover, the bed cover was too soft, so we preferred to take it out and slept on the mattress as we wanted to sleep on the hard surface than the soft one.

the facilities are good hotel staffs are fine and helpful.

Very happy with the hotel, booked for another 3 nights at New Year?

Could get noisy at night when the local nightclubs opened for business!

Beds were very comfy, very high standards of cleanliness throughout. Breakfast was great, something for everyone. We were upgraded to a suite which was nice, however, the room was rear facing and was a bit noisy when the local clubs opened for business...it was still bearable, had a great sleep anyway.

A good bang for your buck in Khon Kaen.

The coffee was not good. A non-alcoholic welcome drink did not include juice but juice was aplenty in the buffet breakfast. For a hotel of this caliber, the airport shuttle should be complimentary, not charged to the paying customer. When you check out, they don’t trust what you say about mini-bar consumption; they call “upstairs” to have someone verify - even though they have your credit card on file. Such an insult. The concierge I spoke with only knew airline travel schedules, not other forms of transportation.

The size of the room.

An enjoyable stay and great value for money

Free drink voucher given with direction to bar was soft drink only

Upgraded room which was perfect. Great hotel and location especially after 10Hr motorcycle ride

Room was great.

We arrived around 3 pm but they said room is not ready gotta wait for an hour which we have business to do. Asked about compensation the staff said welcome drink which we were supposed to have it anyways not to mention the wait. We waited for almost half an hour no welcome drink came. We complained. We got the room. And not a single apology we heard from the staff at the hotel only through facebook message after we complained.

Room was great. Breakfast was excellent. Everything was so good. Even the porters only the staffs at reception had poor service

Good breakfast.

I had a room overlooking the pool and, having requested a quiet room, I was unhappy to realise that very loud music was played in local bars until about 2.30am every night.

Good breakfast. Hot food hot. Bread and pastries fresh.

Enjoyable, and as it was a similar price to Kosa (my usual place of stay) decided on the upgrade.

Pool area plants mean the pool gets a lot of debris in it, especially if windy. Hotel gusts do not get exclusive use of the pool. Many people seem to use it who live in Khon Kaen (minor gripe). Bar/food way over priced and no better than some of the other places like Yokatai just next door.

Comfy beds and pillows. Regular maid service with towel changes. Larger than average rooms. Hotel has many weekend functions, so expect to get asked to leave the pool area mid afternoon. I was not impressed by this... I've paid for its use too. Great location, but has become less busier than 5/6 years ago. Blues Bar (Dave the owner) was a god send for breakfast. Much better value than the hotel, and just a minutes walk away. Proper home cured bacon and sausage, perfect eggs and beans not too sweet. Many Ferangs to interact with during the morning period.

Stayed many times & enjoyed the all

Wi-Fi could be faster but otherwise our stay was another great experience

Room was superb which was spotless, bathroom also , great view from our 14th floor room & very comfy bed . All staff excellent & friendly.

Great hotel,staff is really helpful.
    • Superior Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Children)

The coupons for internet did not work well. So problem staying online. Water power on the 13th floor is a joke, hard to shower.

Great hotel,staff is really helpful.Super location and easy to park your car

SPA. There is very good massage.

Breakfast menu was bad. Staff do not know what is fresh lemon juice. Staff not professional. Business centre technology and technology is very old. Services was bad, was not technical support on event time. Gym centre was small and very old technology, not clean and technology did not work.

SPA. There is very good massage.

Pullman hotel is the best name in town.

The hotel is getting old, needs some restailng in the sauna, fitness center and for me I like sleep with a bed sheets instead of heavy blanket

Pullman hotel is the best name in town...

A very beautiful hotel but disappointed with the restaurant.

Very disappointed with our evening meal. We opted for international cuisine opting for the steak and lamb. Unfortunately both were well overcooked, being dry and tough. Disappointing for an international restaurant. Maybe we should have stuck with Thai cuisine!

The room was very nice with a good view over Khon Kaen.

Another enjoyable stay at the Pullman Orchid

Wi-Fi a little slow

Easy access to Reception from their Underground Car Park with 2 Elevators . Reception Staff & Porter Service excellent as was our spotlessly clean room with great views.Me & my Thai Wife have stayed many times at this Fab Hotel & will be returning again in 3 more months.

Very comfortable room and nice hotel.

Very comfortable room and nice hotel. Breakfast was excellent, with a lot of options. Staff was kind and helpful. I was in Khon Kaen for a conference, therefore I cannot tell too much about the city. However, I recommend to visit Wat Pa Thamma Utthayan, a Buddhist complex at about 10 km from the city. It was an amazing experience.

Basic key info was not given to me by Booking.com

I specifically reserved the three night weekend break from Aug 11-14, 2017 at the Pullman Raja Orchid Khon Kaen, Thailand to enjoy relaxing, reading and sunbathing around the wonderful swimming pool shown in the photos of the hotel facilities. However, after checking in and going to my room I found a letter from the hotel to its guests on the desk in my room stating that the swimming pool is CLOSED for maintenance from Aug 3-31!!!!! When I booked with Booking.com at the end of July, the website failed to inform me of this very important information (for me). Had I have known at the time of booking, I would NOT have booked at the Pullman but at the Avani, the alternative top hotel in town, instead. I was very disappointed and shocked to learn that the pool was out of action for the weekend I was there. Using it was the main reason for selecting and booking the Pullman Taja Orchid. As a very small apology/ gesture towards compensation, the Pullman upgraded my room but only to a slightly larger one on a higher floor and offered a free shuttle service to the second rate pool of a rather grotty lower rank well-worn hotel nearby. This was far less appealing than the beautiful pool option available at the Avani, had I been informed of the closure of the Pullman pool. In short, I was badly let down by Booking.com.

We liked our stay and will be staying at this hotel again.

Some female staff at the front desk need more training and more experience as well as a common sense.

We liked our stay at this hotel and breakfast buffet was great too! The overall is great!

Terrible not worth the money.

The bed was terrible Charge 3000baht as deposit no mention of it prior to booking Was not refunded after leaving The pool was under construction was only inform a day later by the cleaning lady

For the price I paid € 75,- a night 4 people in 1 room ,...
    • Superior King Room

Maybe the bathtub! If you want to empty the water it's not easy to on plug it !!was broken.but again , no problem !!!

For the price I paid € 75,- a night 4 people in 1 room , there was nothing wrong whatsoever! Just a 10

Unacceptable practice for exploiting customer.

Every hotel serves drinking water bottle as a compliment and this should be placed not inside the restricted area with the items charged. This hotel kept a one litre bottle at the bed side table. Suddenly, I drank the water without looking looking/ignoring the label. They charged from me about more than 200 bhat. This is unjustified and illegal. This should be coveyed to all. This is not acceptable.

Standards deteriated!
    • Superior King Room

Food quality at Dinner and Breakfast was poor. No food was replenished whistled we were dining! Long check out time, one person in front of us, had to wait 30 minutes.

We received a free upgraded room.

Fantastic place!

The bath tap was running extremely slow and lack of hot water in my room. But this was looked into ASAP and we got another room in exchange. Other than that, everything was great!

Amazing hotels. Not much to actually say other than it's just fantastic!

We always stay here in Khon Kaen, 3rd visit and we will return.

Wifi slow and patchy, and required multiple log on

Good breakfast, chef cooks perfect poached eggs 3 days in a row. German micro brewery in basement provides bar with excellent beer. Gym is ok too.

I enjoyed my 1st stay at this property.

The check in and check out was not as efficient as I would have expected from a hotel of this standard. The staff were pleasant and apologetic but didnt seen to be overly busy which may have explained the delay. Booking the airport transfer was particularly laboured. Perhaps I was dealt with by a trainee. It was not a problem more an observation on my part.

My room was large well appointed. The bathroom equally so. My room on the 14th floor was high enough to be quiet. The comfortable bed and bedding ensured I slept soundly. The service staff I encountered were polite and professional. The public areas were clean and quiet. The coffee shop was good. I have stayed in most of the rival hotels in the vicinity. The Pullman will now be my property of choice in the future. I am back in December.

Comfy but pricey

Mini bar and food pricing way too high for the family ... hotel should lower particularly beer prices as I don't know of anyone willing to pay 170baht for a small beer...

Comfortable stay ... with all amenities and nice gym

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Staff's English has improved since last year

When paying via a bank card too many specialities. Can't comprehend why I have to pay three times when staying only once.

Staff's English has improved since last year

Another great stay at the Pullman Orchid

Wi-Fi slow is my only fault with this excellent hotel

A very well maintained hotel with excellent room & well equipped for our stay. Really comfortable bed & bathroom with separate shower. Spotlessly clean & great views over the city

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Amust to stay if in Khon kean

can't think of anything

The staff was excellent, breakfast wonderful Great views of the city and hills. Taxi rank outside hotel and enjoyed the late checkout, second time we have stayed there and will go back again

Front office staff on c/o date poor

Front office staff, they have no skill to ask the guest about how the guest is comsume the minibar...their question seem looking down....!!!

Location, Restaurant

Great stay and great value

the services at the restaurant and bar is a little poor and this needs to be handled by the management by staffing properly.

everything was very good.. there was really nothing we could think off.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Ok hotel but needs a refurb.

The bed was very old and uncomfortable, the pool area needs urgent maintenance as the mosaic tiles are falling off the pool lining due to high chlorine levels which have erroded the grouting between the tiles and has reached the glue fixing the tiles and the lounges are falling apart,the breakfast although is adequate doesn't change from day to day.

The size of the room was great.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Downtown KK could be a bit better - with just a few Upgrades at the Pullman
    • Superior Twin Room

At first impression, the Pullman is 'dated.' The lobby atrium is nice but with carpeting that is dirty/stained, it looks worn. In the room, it's a bit more updated but our problems with the TV, remote, and Wifi made our first impression lacking luster. The Pullman include a Smart TV and ability to connect in the room, but without clear directions how to use these added features, I felt there was an 'assumption' guests would know how to use these added features. We decided not to try and figure it out (as we didn't want guest services in our room all morning). Honestly, we were excited for the international breakfast buffet served in the lobby restaurant. However, it seems that the buffet is 'too big, too many different options'. Most of the food was 'warm' but not hot. I think reducing the selection or improving the preparation, the food would be more fresh, hot, and there would be a clear 'best' rather than food that is 'just average' in quality. And finally, the pool area could use a 'remodel.' There is a missed opportunity for an indoor/outdoor garden, pool, retreat/oasis. For us, we would have really enjoyed a cool place to hang out that wasn't in the lobby or in the sun at the pool.

We arrived a few days before the Songkran Festival for a short 1-night stay. We arrived prior to check-in and spent several hours in/out of the main lobby. It is a really great space to hang out with lots of different seating options (later that evening there was music/singer) and great evening atmosphere too. It was nice that included in our check-in was a complimentary drink in the lobby. Nice added touch to get people to spend time in the lobby. In the room, we had a few problems with the TV signal, TV remote control not working, and connecting to the Wifi... we called the front desk and within minutes they were at our room fixing the problems. I was impressed with their attention to customer service to our room. The room layout was comfortable and very nice sized bathroom. Well designed separation of tub, standing-shower, and toliet. The bed was soft and comfortable, AC and room was quiet. Very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Fantastic hotel in khon kaen.

nothing! Or to be picky... a deeper swimming pool would be nice lol.

Bed/pillows/duvet, hotel decor, cleaniness, staff parking car in car park.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Excellent room with good location
    • Executive Suite

Hotel staffs at the reception counter were not helpful and too much complex check-in/check-out process. Internet connection was working in living room only.

Excellent room with full of facilities and amenities.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Songkram in Khon Kaen

Access to Wifi and coverage could have been slightly better

Bed was really comfortable, pool was great, staff very friendly, great location. Only thing missing was some crispy bacon for breakfast;)