Reviews of The Davis Bangkok 4 stars

88 Sukhumvit 24 Klongteoy, Khlong Toei, 10110 Bangkok, Thailand

#455 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

Breakfast just too bad.

Restricted spread.

Breakfast just too bad. Didn't like the breakfást at all. Otherwise exceeded our expectations. Front office executive was just too good. Ambience lovely

Value for the money
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

It was a long walk from the BTS this was the only drama,

Staff were very helpful food was good and the rooms were up to standard. I stayed in a two bedroom room

Great value for money, lovely room and helpful staff
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

The breakfast although reasonable could have had a better range.

The room was fantastic - we had an Executive Suite which was spacious, clean and well designed - great value for money. The staff were particularly helpful - they ensured we got a good price for taxis taken at the door and helped with all of our questions.

Joyfull

Absolutely notching

Any thing... first the smell of the whole hotel was very nice ... the staff in front office were very helpfull and nice... the room was very clean and contain any thing we needed... bed was very comfortable. .. shower is excellent. ... at last i liked everything about it... definitely i will come back again

Everything was great

Very easy check in with Gemma, each time I stay there she exceeded my expectations, very friendly and willing to help with any questions I have, I will return based on the fact that she will be there to extend her grace and kindness!

Davis Hotel Bangkok, luxury and comfort, more suitable for Business travelers.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Initially went to the wrong wing at check-in, around midnight not a lot of staff available to support showing the way to the main wing, since it was raining, it made our own way to find main wing more challenging. Not as expected from a high rated Hotel.

Spacious room, excellent food selection for breakfast, parking space, location.

Room size
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

We were cheated by the property or booking.com. While booking the room we were shown pictures of jacoozi inside the executive room but after reaching we were told to pay extra 600 bhatt for jacozzi .

Room size

they insisted the full payment at the point of checking in.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

they insisted the full payment at the point of checking in. it would be good if the payment could be settled at the point of checking out as this request was not mentioned at the time of booking...

Great for stopover near to good food options and Yunamori onsen if you want to good massage
    • Studio

I like the Davis non-nonsense hotel, old but functional, close to freeway and has parking easy to do one night stop staff always good and helpful even for business matters

Honestly.
    • Studio

First booking . Com what shows me and when i reach there find something else. Second the room quality... it’s smells too old. Carpet the bed. Room radio nt works. Breakfast is very normal. The bottle of wine in room quality very bad.

Honestly. First booking . Com shows me pic that make. To choose this hotel. But once I reach there they gv next door hotel. As say it’s there another branch. That so. Unhappy. The I request to plz upgrade me the same hotel what I book. Call the Davis. Bkk. They charged me for that. And then what room they gv me. It’s smell old From carpet to bed. 🙂

No no No!
    • Davis Suite

The whole floor smelt of smoke, the room smelt very dirty, the staff weren't friendly, I requested for early check in but they didn't reply or entertain it and instead charged me around 2000 baht and took a security deposit before letting me know they were taking it.

The room was very well decorated and classy

Very satisfactory
    • Studio

Hotel should specify if booking is in the annexe at the time of booking. Pool is in the main building

comfortable beds excellent bathrooms good friendly service

The Davis, Bangkok.
    • Studio

The air conditioner turned on and off all night waking you up on a regular basis. Not sure if this is the same in all rooms but it was in ours.

Rooms were large and spacious

When in Bangkok again it will be our first choice.
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

We had nothing to complain or be disappointed with.

We booked a 2 bedroom suite & it was huge, beautifully equipped & decorated. The staff could not do enough to help us & were always greeting us with smiles. It truly ranks up as one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in.

This is a perfect hotel for a quick stop over before...

Possibly the 2 separate parts of the hotel, could be confusing, BUT no problem

This is a perfect hotel for a quick stop over before travelling on. I arrived late afternoon and it suited all my needs before travelling on ..

For 1 Night OK
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I actually booked a twin bed room, but we got upgraded and had a queen sized bed. When i tried to change the room it was impossible as they were fully booked. Not sure wether it was booking.com's or the hotel's fault. But we needed a twin bed room, because my mother needs a bed for her own due to her health. So i ended up sleeping on the small sofa. It is nice to be upgraded, but maybe just let the guest know before, so there are no surprises. Sometimes there are reasons why we book certain specs. :) Just saying.

It was easy to get to the hotel and also the free parking next to the hotel was great. Breakfast was good, rooms clean and the room service was good.

Just stayed for one night and didn't explore the hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A bit damp carpet smell in the corridor, in the room was ok.

Main reason for chosing that hotel was that some friends stayed there and it provided free secure parking. Au bon pain shop next to the lobby. Room spacious.

Good .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Only preferred to have new and ironed sheets.

Staff very good , breakfast was very good. Took took needs to be updated and not reliable. My sheets was old but clean. What I really like was they had first aid and paracetamol in rooms and a note if you need a doctor or any help call receptions. That was excellent.

Best in bangkok
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A lot of negative reviews about this property not sure are these real after staying here because its million times better than you can rate it in such competitive price

Its cozy nice and quiet comfortable, above all what matters was cleanliness and outstanding room Service

Great value good location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Make sure you ask for non smoking room as initially we were put on the smoking floor and it smelt horrible. After complaining they moved us.

Very comfortable rooms, great breakfasts and a nice swimming pool on the roof.

Excellent breakfast, very helpful staff, great accommodation. Perfect.
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

Air conditioning throughout the hotel was set at very low temperature. There was a big cold in the restaurant and in the lobby.

Excellent breakfast, very helpful staff, great accommodation. Perfect.

You can better stay in a hostel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Horrible staff with checking in. Terrible breakfast, old bread and thais food that was dry. We went for a superior room which wasn't at all like advertised. Smelly moldy room, old bathroom, very dirty carpet

going home again

Hotel was super clean, the room was really nice, really...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel was super clean, the room was really nice, really happy with our stay. We had one rude staff, and a couple issues with English communications, but overall everyone was friendly and found a supervisor when they did not understand. The property is located in Sukhumvit, so we took cabs available right outside to get to most places, but it is walk able distance to a subway. The pools are both beautiful, well maintained, and the spa staff were excellent.

Value for money
    • Studio

Pool was being renovated on the roof which was really why I picked this hotel as it's a lovely little pool. And missed the usual late check out I get in most hotels in Bangkok.

Really good value for money. Have stayed here a few times. Nice rooms like you find in 4 / 5 star in Bangkok. Pleasant neighbourhood but a bit of a walk back from BTS - didn't bother me but may some people. Free shuttle to BTS but not back:)

We reserved for five nights, we stayed for one.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was really dark and damp, same thing with the hall way. When we addressed the issue about the smelly room and wanted to check out the next day, first thing they said was that they couldn’t refund the remaining nights, which we understood, but they didn’t seem to show any concern, which was a bit dissapointing. The lady actually took notes of the things we did not appreciate and said ‘sorry to hear that’ and a minute later, went with other guests. We checked out after breakfast the next day (around 9 am) and had to wait for sometime to get a taxi cause not a single one wanted to drive us to the center (Phloen Chit area). The door man was kind enough to patiently waited with us and finally got us a tuk tuk.

It’s value for money
    • Studio

Located quite a distance from Emporium where all the fun are located.

Counter staff need better training in customer service. To start with, a smile will be helpful

Beds and bathrooms excellent
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

I went for a massage in the spa which was quite exspensive and at the end of the massage she asked me if I wanted sex not good at all I’ve never been so embarrassed in my whole life.

Beds and bathrooms excellent

Very good but for minor penny pinching
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Annoying to have to log into internet again every time you wanted to use your notepad. I checked out at 1100 and needed to get a businesses address. I specifically asked if I checked out early could I use the internet until 12 and was told yes. I could not. When I logged in at 1110 I was told my details were not valid. Penny pinching. A lot f taxi drivers did not know where it was and it was difficult at times to get a taxi to take you there

The staff were helpful and the breakfast very good and reasonable. Shopping center about 15 mins walk away and shop across the road.

Depressing room. Rude staff. One girl in particular called Ann. Would never return.
    • Davis Suite

didn't offer us the choice of non smoking room. Stuck in a stale smoke smelly room. It was the Davis suite so expected much better. The room was dark, dingy tired decor. Noisy Pigeons on the balcony

The part at the back in the Villas looked okay but unfortunately we could not get a room there

Enjoying my life in Bangkok at the Davis hotel
    • Studio

I would have liked to know from the beginning that there is a tuk tuk that can transport you to BTS skytrain for free, because its bit far from the station.

A great quality hotel for good price!
    • Studio

A great quality hotel for good price! We came back here after Koh Chang to stay one more night:) This time we stayed at the other side/building (not the main) and surprisingly found it even better! Very clean rooms, good service, nice breakfast and big, comfy bed.

Bangkok is vibrant and this hotel offers luxury and relaxation to counterbalance the fun.

The coffee!

It's worth paying extra to get the breakfast; there is loads of delicious food (both Thai and western) to choose from. The room was beautiful and I enjoyed swimming in the rooftop pool in the morning.

The family room with 2 bedrooms is extremely huge .
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

The front desk staffs are unfriendly and can only understand simple English. The lighting in the living hall is dim and room decoration is old fashion. Dim lighting at the aisle, too!

The family room with 2 bedrooms is extremely huge . Toilet comes with shower and huge bath tub. . Location is a distance away from BTS and MRT. Fortunately, hotel provides free shuttle (TUTU transport) to the nearest BTS in every 20 mins. There is a 24 hr convenient store right opposite the hotel. Bed is a bit hard for me. I am happy with the service from the concierge especially the Tutu driver.

Disappointing, I would not stay here again
    • Davis Suite

The Davis was a disappointment for us overall. There were a number of problems that, on their own, would have been OK but all together made it not somewhere I would recommend to people visiting Bangkok. I don't tend to be a big reviewer as I am generally always pretty happy with places but in this case I will make an exception. One day we did not get towels in our bathroom because they "weren't available" and no explanation was given until I phoned reception and asked. The same thing happened at the pool after mine got drenched by someone splashing - the hotel said I could not have more towels for another few hours. Fine. We requested a non-smoking room and it smelled of smoke. The booking of an airport transfer did not go through until about 5 minutes before we stepped on the plane to Bangkok. I had called the hotel several times and tried to speak to several different people to assure them my credit card had been charged for the transfer. This was after they didn't respond to an email sent 24 hours earlier. Nobody spoke great English and nobody could help me. I gave up and organised a transfer through someone else - then I got an email just before the plane took saying it had come through. A few other smaller things but we definitely will not stay again. We will aim for somewhere more central as well!

The pool is spectacular - although needs more sunbeds.

The stay was fine but the internet was horrible , no pool at this rate, no changes.
    • Studio

The internet is horrible ,always. There was no pool. For the rate charged in this hotel there should have been a pool and more facilities, booking through booking.com makes it very difficult to make changes to the plans. We stays 6 days and wanted to fly out one day earlier and were told we couldn’t . I assume we should have only booked 3 days then booked more. The rate did not justify no changes.

The Room size was good and the cleaning staff always did a good job.

The hotel scores high on every count. Am certainly going to keep going back to it.
    • Davis Suite

Can't think of anything seriously wrong or missing.

Staff responded efficiently to all requests. Food from the restaurant was delicious. Suite was spacious and very well appointed with all essentials. Neighbourhood had an upmarket feel. Cabs and bike riders just outside the hotel. A small but well stocked convenience store just across the road from the hotel. ATMs just outside the hotel...

Attitude of female reception staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Attitude of female reception staff. Forgot things behind, went to collect and waited 35 mins for them to bring the things out of the security office.

see above

same as above

staff is not real friendly. in room concessions are overpriced. no free water in refrig. when its raining they should offer free umbrella. poor taxi service

Great hotel for Business people in the middle of Sukhumvit.
    • Studio

The works between the 2 wings. And the bill that I received of 38000 rand rooming cost ( 95000 Bath) due to he fact that the Wifi ( free??) wasn't free.

Very comfortable and chique hotel. Close to the BTS

Davis the corner plot

No poblems at all

Massive room a bath to dive into air conditione beyond belief safe box easy to use bed you would need binnoculors to see your wife

Everything was excellent!
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

The breakfast was not included in the price.

Everything was excellent! A bit away from a busy road, in a very quite place. The hotel was clean, rooms were decent and very good. The staff was helpful and nice. Nice tuk tuk shuttle services to the sky train and the mall.

Ok
    • Studio

It’s tired and in need of a refurbishment. My sheets had stains on and the room smelt a little musty.

It’s a very functional hotel and the staff are pleasant

Good hardware primitive hospitality
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

I was charged 5000baht for my sick daughter having puked on the duvet cover and there was a nail head sticking out from the hardwood floor of my villa bedroom and I hurt my foot. One of the armchair's wooden armrest has come loosr and it pinched my forearm akin. It was obvious the sheets could be cleaned but they insisted to charge me replacement cost, and they offered me nothing in compensation for the nail and armchair incident even after I showed them my wounds which was unbelievable. Of course I didn't bother asking because that would defeat the purpose which was for them to automatically offer me something complimentary as a goodwill gesture which is basic hospitality.

hotel met basic expectations on comfort and cleanliness

Dissapointing!
    • Studio

The location is a bit far from the BTS Station, the hotel provides shuttle tuktuk but it needs to be booked in advance. When the tuktuk is fully booked you have to wait for another 20min or simply just walk for 20-30 min to the BTS Station depends on your speed. The water heater does not work properly. It takes some times to wait for the water to be warm. On the last day the water heater was on and off.

The room was clean

Very happy for the flash deal!
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

Inconsistent service standards of the staff. Some were great, others were lack lustre. The kitchenette only had crockery and cutlery. No pots, pans and cooking utensils even though there was a stove.

Well furnished and comfortable

Posh stay in Bangkok!
    • Studio

The location was a little far out to some of the attractions.

The staff was very friendly, the pool was refreshing, the room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Great hotel for a vacation
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

Hotel is about 10 mins walk to the BTS station, however they have a complimentary one-way shuttle from the hotel.

The hotel room and bathroom were very clean. There are restaurants and a small family mart just opposite the hotel, which is very convenient.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Good. Would go back.
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

Hotel vibe was a bit flat. Breakfast was terrible. Very busy road outside.

Executive suite was good. Very spacious and 2 bedrooms were perfect for us and the kids.

Perfect way to end our Thailand vacation
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There were smoking rooms on our floor so the hallways smelled of stale smoke

The hotel was beautiful, staff very helpful, pool was great. Very good breakfast buffet

Nice Property, Nice Location, avoid Corner building
    • Studio

Hotel is divided into two properties i.e. Main and Corner building. There is 4-5 minute walk between two buildings. At the time of booking, I was not aware or didn't see it written that Corner building has no facilities. Guest in corner building is dependent on Main building for the restaurant, Swimming pool, gym or even a lobby.

Location of Hotel is upmarket, its a km from The EmQuartier and metro station. Hotel is clean and provides complete privacy. Hotel staff in the main building is helpful and polite. Starbucks has an entry from the hotel. Structure of Property is more like a British hotel.

3 stars hotel that below my expectation
    • Studio

Waited 15 minutes for the receptionist to made a change of small notes for taxi fee on arrival. I have to been requested to pay full amount of 3 days stay upon check-in plus deposit. Staff doesn't seems to be friendly. Not even a single greeting for 3 days stay. While request for a ride to nearby hypermarket, the staff just responded with out of transport. 2 single bed joint became a big double bed. Don't like the arrangement. Hardly find local foods nearby, lots of Japanese restaurants along the streets. It seems like Japan town. No special attraction surrounding.

There were soft and hard pillow on the bed. I've choosen soft pillow for my stay. Quite and comfortable for resting. Mc Donald operating 24hours about 3 minutes walking distance Hypermarket (Big C and Tesco) just about 10 minutes walking distance

Awsome
    • Studio

The breakfast for the person who are in the 2nde building should be in the same building...we souldn't have to go to the main

The room was very confy and the egg for breakfast was awsome

Breakfast is good value.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Reception staff weren't welcoming. Reactive and slow. Not proactive. A bit casual.

Breakfast is good value. Room was clean, comfortable and good size. Housekeeping and restaurant staff good.

The Duty Manager and her staff were very helpful and courteous. Location is great.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The Breakfast was very ordinary and variety was limited. Didn't like the shower box as it was unclean and rusty. Probably time for some fresh painting.

The room was comfortable but probably needs a little upgrade.

Very relaxing, especially when travelling on business
    • Studio

The hotel is in an excellent position close top the train and dining facilities. Really like the free transport to Sukhamvit Road, shopping complex and train station.

The hotel is worth for the money and it is located in the...
    • Studio

The hotel is worth for the money and it is located in the prime location, where the Skytrain is just a mile away and Davis provides free tuk tuk(a motor vehicle) services for drop and pick up and you get the best restaurants and few shopping malls nearby.

A very comfortable stay in a very good location
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Breakfast spread could have been much better.

Location is brilliant with a lot of options available in the neighborhood, 2 bed room villas are extravagant and have a lot more to offer than usual.A very clean property and friendly staff.

I took the President Suite.
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

I took the President Suite. 130 qm, 2 bedrooms, 2 very nice bathrooms, very spacious livingroom and kitchen. Very clean, everything worked perfect. TOP Hotel, I recommend it to my friends. Ah, and the Davis is good located in Sukhumvit, Soi 24

Great location, room decor to suit all tastes, some fantastic price deals
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Checkin staff are helpful when asked but unwelcoming

Location is great. Stayed at both the modern Corner wing and the more traditional Main building. From the pictures ensure you slect the one that suits your taste. Just 5 min from Sukhumvit + next to Rama 4 avoiding the Sukhumvit traffic

Good location, business style hotel. Good value for money. Spacious room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room smelt of cigarette although it was a non smoking room. Aircon quality so so.

Swimming pool is nice. Fitness is small and not very spacious.Breakfast is okay.

very pleasant.
    • Studio

sometimes hard to find taxis to get down soi 24 and it is a bit of a walk when it is hot. Shuttle service could be continuous rather than sporadic and by reservation.

good service.

I stay at this hotel alot over the years and the bed was very unsatifactory the checkin was terrible , embarrassing and
    • Studio

The bed wasn't comfortable and my back went out. The guy at check in sent me to a room that was occupied by another guest at 2am in the morning. Stupid basic mistake that should never happen!

Location style and cleaniness

all perfect.
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

hall at my room floor could be more ventilated. this is a constructive point for the hotel itself. not to take into account by potential customers in their choice of hotel...

all perfect. free tuk tuk to skytrain bts at fixed hour. used once as otherwise 15 min walking / taxi. very nice executive room

Excellent deal
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

..Hotel is great but breakfast could have more healthier foods. Lost of bacon, sausages but no muesli, healthy yogurts, etc. ..Internet usually a bit slow ..Room could smell fresher ..Rooms could use more lights

..large rooms ..convenient location ..wonderful staff ..good value for money ..many coffeeshops close by

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

good loication ,good room but costly food, no bar and business centre in the hotel. room rate high !
    • Studio

there is no business centre for business travellers. no restaurant in the new wing . no bar in the new wing. rates are higher side .

room facility, big rooms ..good house keeping job.

Check in staff so rude and unhelpful
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Check in girl extremely rude and unhelpful. Have not struck anything like this before anywhere. Would not recommend this place because of this. Very disappointing as this place came recommended.

Location good

Davis Hotel in Bangkok is fantastic!
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

No comment to add. Everything was excellent.

We had a 2 bedroom executive suite which was huge. Each bedroom was the size of 2 normal hotel rooms plus a big lounge and kitchen. Standard of everything in the room was very high. Swimming pool upon 9th floor was lovely. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was excellent.

Staff at the reception could have been friendlier.
    • Studio

Staff at the reception could have been friendlier. They looked miserable and did not wish me a pleasant stay or thank me for choosing the Davis upon departure.

Holiday in Davis with family or friends
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The smell of smoke , the noise from other rooms the rooms dirty carpet and smell bad , if you are with family you have to check the room before you enter ! There is thing should be romved which it's not suitable to see! the internet not working in my room the hol time the staff wasn't helpful ! The hotel can improve butter

The location , good for families

Not value for money

Location Food

Swimming pool was actually in the main building,far from the side wing.Also for the breakfast I had to walk to the other building even in heavy rain. Not value for money. No choice for vegetarians.Only mashed potatoes in the breakfast.They should include some good food.

Decent location
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

The rooms feel very old and the whole hotel is in need of a refurbishment. Everything feels dated and the hallways even feel a bit damp. I live v near to the Davis and got my family a room there since we had no space. They all said felt dated and old. The breakfast provided by the hotel is nothing to write home about. Best to go elsewhere for breakfast. The hotel is at the end of Sukhumvit 24 and takes 15-20mins to walk back from the BTS station (Phnom Phong) this may or may not be a deal breaker for you.

Good Room, Good Breakfast
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The location isn't great for accessing bars and restaurants on foot. Transport is easily available though.

Room was spacious, a throw back to the past but in modern functional way. Great breakfast. Good working space in the room.

Huge room.
    • Studio

Shower pressure is not good. The water takes forever to get hot and the A/C in the room also takes forever to get cold. The mattress is too firm, and not in a good way. Wi-fi was not consistent and eventually stopped working altogether.

Huge room. Great big armchair for reading. Many pillows. Close to lots of food and drink. Starbucks is adjacent to the lobby. Carl's Jr. is just a few steps away. Not far from malls and sky train.

Amazing Davis

Nothing! :) All great.

Everything! Absolutely Amazing; and one the most convenient and greatest areas to stay at when in Bangkok. Basically you are in the City Centre, shortest distance to everything around you! Fabulous!

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Nice Hotel, good location
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

Very dissatisfaction about the restaurant, I ordered a steak and let them serve in my room. The bread was harder then a pingpongball, the steak not from real good quality. I prefer to pay more for better quality The breakfast is every day the same, no variety Instead of kicking the whole buffetplate full with one dish, they should bring in more variety (change from 1/1 to 2in1) from higher quality, even pay more, no problem

The rooms are very big and nice, good quality for the price they charge

Browse The Davis Bangkok traveller photo gallery