Reviews of The Dawin Nana 3 stars

35/1-2 Sukhumvit Road, Soi Nanatai (4), Khlong Toei, 10110 Bangkok, Thailand

#288 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

Location is good. Close to BTS, and taxi / motor taxi are easily accessible. There are many 24 hours convenient stores and several good restaurants

Pool on level 6 was great but closed at 7pm just as i was settling in ,

Great facilities great and very helpful staff, and very close to everthing i needed.

No curtains for some reason. Daylight at 5:30 am, and no afternoon nap. When I requested the issue to be corrected I was told that they couldn't change my room as they were all presenting the same problem. This is a big let down for this hotel who, otherwise, would be outstanding. If I was asked if I would return I'd say definitely, when they have curtains. I cannot believe this was for cleaning purpose as it could be addressed easily through buying 5 extra sets of curtains and rotate. Just manage for god's sake.

Not much to dislike. Breakfast was limited and basic (not a buffet just a few set options and my preferred one was not available both mornings). Key card always took a few attempts before it would be read.

Room was very clean, adequate size and comfortable. It is getting a little dated but the furnishings are holding up ok. My room, at the back of the hotel, was extremely quiet for Bangkok. Staff were efficient, some were friendly. Nice, small pool on roof terrace. It was decent, if unspectacular.

Fridge didn't work. Water all over the floor. TV was unwatchable and the sound was muffled. I spilt half a cup of coffee and used a bathroom towel to mop it up. This wasn't a fluffy good quality bathroom towel it was a well worn thin thing that had seen better days...................they charged me 600bht . The food was bad, they couldn't toast bread. I asked for poached eggs on toast for breakfast. I got two semi poached eggs on dry bread. The room locks are operated electrically by a key card. The system worked but only after several attempts. I was NOT impressed

Comfortable bed.............Good wi-fi...............Thats about it

Great work by the cleaning staff in the rooms each day. Breakfast staff also did a great job. Pity the breakfasts were not included in the package this time.

I booked and paid on line through booking.com and the hotel would not give me a receipt to say I had paid, making it difficult when making an expense claim

This small hotel is well located; but far enough from all the noise and bustle, so you can get a decent nights sleep. The rooms are spotlessly clean.

the coffee its dreadful

great place , really felt like Bangkok ,cheap street food , massage and hairdresser, the street was very interesting for people watching love the spot , stayed other side town first week, it was quiet streets , like it here better

There is no room for non-smokers in the outside area so eating breakfast was in the smoke. The wifi could be better in the room.

Friendly staff, clean, good bed and fantastic coffee in the resteaurant. Within 2 km you have all you need in local and international experiences. The hotel is located at the end of a bar street, so you close but never annoyed by noise. Easy to get a tuc tuc or taxi from the hotel and the station was only 500 meters away.

The room service was excellent for the first order. 6 hours later, the same meals was slighty different. Not Bad but not as good AS for the first time.

Really nice rooms, nice Staff. Location is okay.

I requested a late check out about six months prior to travel but when I arrived they said you will have to check in the morning. If you can't guarantee a late check out I need to know at the time of booking so I can stay somewhere else if required. Even though I did eventually get the late check out it was only until 5:00pm. Most others I have ever had have been until 6.00pm.

The rooms are small and basic. The television performs poorly and the air conditioning does not cool the room adequately. Facilities are basic compared to hotels outside Bangkok - you get a lot more in Cha Am or Pattaya.

It was clean, the breakfast adequate and the staff generally polite and welcoming. The location is good for the bars and restaurants but the rooms are quiet. The pool is small but adequate for the location

There was nothing i could put my finger on that i did not like.

Staff were extremely friendly and the hotel was absolutely spotless. The location was excellent and only a few minutes walk from Nana BTS station. Despite proximity to the party area of Nana Plaza, the room was very quiet and enabled a good nights sleep.

No view at all from our room on floor 2 at the side of the hotel

The friendliness of the all the staff The food was good especially the breakfast fresh fruit and the cooked food excellent Nice dining area

Nothing bad to say

Great hotel and very close to Nana plaza as I went for pleasure. Even though it’s close to the plaza and the night life it was very quiet inside for your sleep. Staff where great and helpful with fresh towels and bed sheets with your room being cleaned every day.

The price for food is very expensive. I work in Thailand so I know many different prices here. For cornflakes with banana, raisins and milk I paid a lot - but the taste was good. For a papaya salad for which I normally pay between 30 - 50 Baht I paid at the hotel 138 Baht including 10% service charges. It was too expensive. Normally there are shrimps in the salad but I didn't want these and then I asked if they could make it cheaper then for me but they didn't. The portion was also not bigger. I would never eat it again there. So as a Vegetarian you really have some disadvantages there. I didn't like the location because around me there were many old man with young Thai-women. But it is only my opinion. It is too crowded, too much party, TOO EXPENSIVE. The pool was good but if there would be many people it would be quite too small. I was mostly alone there and it was good then. I wanted a nice relaxing weekend at the pool because I work from Mo-Fr in Samut Prakan - just the information for the others - so they know why I liked or didn't like some things.

The staff there was very, very nice. :) And for those who like party and drinking the location is also very nice. It was easy to reach because it was only a 5min walk from Nana BTS Station. The reason why I chose this hotel was that they have a pool on the rooftop.

Almost 1 month since check out. Still waiting for my security deposit refund.was told i would have it within 24 hours.beginning to wonder if i will get it at all.

Hotel was pretty good

The room was small , shower was lacking water pressure. Toiletries were basic, no toothbrushes and amount of soaps was so small not enough for two people . Luckily I travel with my own . Room door did not close properly so unless you used the safety catch entry was only a push . The breakfast was basic choices and any second cup of coffee or tea was charged for .

Service was good and friendly

Though clean and serviceable, the room was small and a bit drab. Not shopworn, just kind of plain. Breakfast was mediocre, and hotel charged for second cup of coffee.

Clean, room surprisingly quiet, excellent plumbing, wonderful swimming pool

My mistake really. We didn't like the location it was in the red light district and I hadn't realised it would be so close, as two women travelling we felt a bit out of place in the restaurants and bars locally.

The hotel was in great condition and everything worked. The pool was nice on the top floor. You could order breakfast in the morning or a beer through the day.

From reading the write ups on the hotel, the area sounded like a good fit for us but it wasn't at all. It may be that our expectations were set to high but the area was not clean, unpleasant bars, tuk-tuk and some metered taxi drivers were just hustlers, and the location was just too far away from all the good sites. If you like high end shopping, then that is just a few blocks away from this location.

The pool was nice. Room was clean. Good oasis away from the chaos of the streets.

Can't knock anything as our room was immaculate as was the hotel. It is Nana however so you know what to expect...

Really clean, tidy, modern, comfortable and in a lively location. 7th floor pool too.

The swimming pool closing at 7pm, way to early. The coffee shop food is average.

Very near from NaNa entertainment. Large clean and clear room. Very good security.

They did let do the total check-inn by trainees,which took extremly long time In the lobby it is cold as in a freezer when you come in Very small pool The plugs in the room are to far from the bed(take a long charger-cable with you) The tv channels didn’t display clearly

The hotel is very nice and the staff is nice and helpfull The breakfast is excellent

The air con was crap. It barely cooled down the small room we were staying in and there was a funky smell coming from it whenever we turned it on (which was all the time in this heat). Expected a little bit more from this hotel considering how much we payed but overall great.

Loved the location, walking distance to shopping, nightlife and train. Most staff were amazing helpful, enjoyed the pool with a great view and cafe located just within it. Very close to street food if you’re looking for something cheaper.

Wi-Fi connection was awful - had to keep signing in every five minutes.

Staff was excellent and food in the small restaurant was good. The room was kept extremely clean and the maid service was perfect.

Getting to and from the tourist attractions near the river was difficult (Grand Palace/Wat Pho). We had a few different taxis that would not go down our street or would not go into town because of the traffic. Being on the sky train line was helpful but it only went so far. I just wish this hotel was closer to the sights, because other than the transportation, it was wonderful!

Breakfast variety is very limited. No power sockets near the bed. Only at the desk.

The hotel is very close to Nana and Sukhomvit. Close to the BTS. Stuff is nice, room is convenient.

Great location. Very attentive stuff ready to cater all you needs. (We asked for a late check out and it was easily arranged) Big cosy room. Nice swimming pool area on the 6th floor. Good breakfasts.

CANNOT OPEN WINDOW IN THE ROOM EVEN DESPITE WE ASKED 5 times the stuff and explained we can’t live properly without opened window and even asked to ask manager for it if the reception can’t decide We were ignored , they pretended to help but never did Also , pardon me , area good for bars but full of prostitution around and ladyboys. ( taxi driver told 75% of “ women “ there are men = ladyboys so called Those women approaching to men are actually not women .. Is this doesn’t bother u - u can stay. Also those masssage places full of rude massagists again pretended to be women but they are also men ( can clearly hear from the voice and see from the appearance). Our stay was not bad but next time I won’t stay there . Will chose more relaxing area and where can open window

Pretty good location with loads of bars and places to eat and our room was quiet room despite it Nice restaurant / bar in the lobby . Good looking and relaxing

Nothing really, just check where its located to make sure it suits your needs.

Great hotel just at the edge of the bars and action of the local area. Nice and clean and once in your room there is peace and quite.

Electric sockets were not by the bed and there was only one. The sockets were also inconsistent (Uk/us) sockets. The TV was faulty in that the remote control could not be used to switch it off and I had to use the buttons on the tv itself.

Decent 3 Star hotel. Bed was comfortable and it was great that there is an additional pillow in the room.

Always a warm welcome at this hotel, the staff is amazing and the service is on top. The rooms are clean and the pool is nice. The food is good and the prices are ok. The staff is fantastic. Will come back here again for sure.

Our floor smelled like an ashtray, our room as well. We asked the reception to help us. They sent a staff member to remove the smell but the relief was only temporary.

The breakfast was nice even though the diversity of meals wasn't impressive. The staff was nice and helpful. The hotel was centrally located, 5 minutes from Sukhumvit. Hotel far from the noise of the main street.

When I check out , the staff wanted to change me again. He said it was a receipt , but it was double charge . I had to stay my ground and then he said sorry. It was no receipt it was room charges. I believe it was a scam

The staff was helpful with the touries site

Nothing!!

Never lets me down this hotel! Great location about 5min walk from nightlife but still quiet and relaxed. Staff always helpful & friendly. Rooms great size for the money and always spotless. Wifi works great and the roof top pool is a little gem bang in centre of Bangkok! I shall return!

Only issue was that there was a limited breakfast for vegetarians. Also the location was on a street that was a bit more focused on partying than I realized when I booked - but that didn’t actually affect our stay because the hotel was at a quiet end of the street.

Room was charming, staff very helpful and room and roof top pool were great.

I expected a buffet breakfast but it had limited variety. It would be absolutely amazing if they could arrange buffet breakfast with more variety.

The location of this hotel is amazing. It's close to the Nana BTS station, the Nana Plaza and most major tourist places are accessible by BTS train. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff is helpful as well. The orange juice for breakfast is amazing. I loved it!

Cannot open the windows. Gets pretty stuffy. Would not stay with family though..area is very colorful

Quiet hotel even if.in the middle of a very busy road. Staff is attentive. Pool is nice

Due to the neighborhood, not the hotel, the experience can be one speed day to day all of the time, but then again Bangkok is sort of loud and in-your-face all the time anyway.

It's a nice, clean hotel in the middle of a very active street, but they try to create a quiet space for the guests that is a memorable stay.

The hotel could do with extra sound proofing on the windows on the lower floors at the front of the hotel. In fairness I had earplugs anyway. As a side note, once you check in, buy yourself a multiple extension socket as there is a shortage of plug sockets in the room.

Room was comfy, very clean and didn't feel cramped. Bathroom was excellent with a powerful shower. The hotel is situated in the red light district, but it is on the edge of it, so fairly quiet in the scheme of things. The restaurant/Cafe is right at the front of the hotel, so sitting with a coffee and people watching was very interesting. We would definitely stay again.

I don't know why but taxi drivers have problem to find location of this hotel

Stuff was very friendly, helpful, they tried to help us with every question and demand we've had. Room is clean, location is great, near BTS, lots of restaurants, bars, two 7/11, I would definitely come again!

Not much. Room was OK size but not 'big'.

Location is at the end of the entertainment area on Soi 4 (Nana) so is a little quieter than other hotels. Small swimming pool great for cooling off. Staff friendly and very helpful.

What we didn't like was that it is located at the end of a really popular night strip and had to walk through it to get to the hotel, but then if you like to drink and have a party its the perfect place for you!

The staff was incredibly nice and friendly, the bedroom was a good size for two of us with big traveling bags and the bed itself was very comfortable, the shower was great also the lift was insanely quick so you didn't have to wait for long at all.

Room looked slightly downbeat for the price (compared to similar ranges in Bangkok). Front staff was sleeping on restaurant sofa when I arrived. Looked like no security.

Absolute central location but not nearly as noisy as one might expect.

A bit far from the BTS station. TV channel could be better, no digital TV channels. Need to have a power outlet close to the bed.

Clean and well maintained room. Last trip staying here in March '17 and 8 months later the quality still holds. No restriction for outside hotel guests.

The location is close to the BTS which is nice; however, it is also close to a lot of sketchy bars that are not very family friendly. I also wish that the pool had been open until later hours, so we could have gone swimming after returning to the hotel.

It was clean, reasonably priced and the staff was very friendly and kind to my young son. The staff always greeted us with warm friendly smiles and helped us find things to do in the Bangkok area.

Very good boutique hotel which has recently been refurbished to a very high quality. All suites are immaculately cleaned and maintained, everything works as you would hope (but rarely happens) including shower which has great pressure and accurate water temperature, TV etc. Staff are friendly and professional. The food is fairly priced and good. Bar is also. The rooftop pool is also a great way to cool off with a quiet ambience. WiFi is free with good speed throughout the hotel but note unsecured network. The location is also good, especially for the nightlife. Great stay and will definitely return.

Offcourse tings can always be better but i can´t think off anything important that could be better.

Nice clean hotell,good cleaning of the rooms everyday,quiet in the night,nice pool area and very kind and helpful staff i can recommend this place.

Some toiletries were missing - Oral toiletries / Comb are things which a traveller does not carry these days - so I think these need to be added on. Breakfast was adequate but very limited - maybe can look at a buffet spread to make it better ?

In spite of being in the heart of the city, the property was quiet and peaceful. There was no disturbance at night. All the staff was very courteous and helpful -

Limited breakfast menu

Handy to eating and drinking places and not too far from the BTS. The hotel and rooms were very clean with relaxing seating in the reception and outdoor area. A nice upmarket hotel.

the street the hotel is on is really cheap - prostitutes wise. the vibe of the street could be really annoying, especially if you're not a fan of "old men dragging teen girls to hotels" scene. I moved to another area for my last night in Bangkok, so take that into consideration.

the hotel from the inside is really Luxurious, clean and comfortable. close to public transportation and you can find a tuktuk for 50 baht to get to the big malls area.

Always a pleasure to stay at the Dawin. Friendly staff, clean rooms, lively neighborhood, good internet, easy access to the Nana BTS station and the Airport express train. This is where I stay every time I come to Bangkok.

The Dawin was a great first stop in Thailand! The staff was incredibly friendly and the room was great. The rooftop pool was awesome and we had it to ourselves! The restaurant onsite was delicious and there's a lot to see in the area.

There is nothing that comes to mind. The Dawin met all of our expectations.

The room was spotless. The shower had plenty of pressure and instant hot water. Maid service was excellent and the front desk response to calls was very fast. The restaurant and bar were clean and the service and food were very good. The menu had a good selection and the breakfast menu had a surprising variety of choices. The rooftop pool was well maintained and had a great view. We were lucky and had it all to ourselves. The location was close to shopping, restaurants, nightlife and our tour guide picked us up at the hotel and returned us at the end of the day. Would we go back to the Dawin? Definitely. Highly recommended. The pictures are very accurate, though the restaurant menu has much more to choose from than is shown. Thanks to the Dawin staff for a very pleasant stay.

Absolutely nothing to complain about.

Excellent location. Very close to Nana Plaza but lovely and quiet when going to sleep. Brilliant staff, everyone with a smile and hello for you. Can't believe it's only rated 3 star. Puts many 4/5 star hotels to shame. Very classy and intimate feel to it.

Be prepared to be staying on one of the seediest streets in Bangkok. A great laugh if you're there with an open mind.

Lovely room. Great having a pool. Room service was great. Staff very friendly and helpfu. Location was great!

The location was a little bit disturbing because there were lot of bars and clubs. The alley connecting to main road was flooded with people all the time. But near hotel it was quite and less crowded.

The hotel was very clean. The reception staff were very nice and friendly. The room service was great. House keeping clean the rooms everyday and they change the bed cover, bathroom towels, toiletries everyday. Bathroom was very clean. The hotel lobby was nice to spend some time.

I was put in a smoking room on a smoking floor, with quite a strong odour. The maid offered to clean all the surfaces but it's in the fittings/ceiling etc. I put up with it because the hotel is otherwise lovely and quite busy. Also the in-house shampoo, gel and conditioner are too stringent to be pleasant; they smell strongly of toothpaste (mint) and Listerine. You can get tired of walking through Soi 4 nightlife, but there is a cut-through to Soi 6 and Soi 8 to/from the BTS

Brilliant location if you're mainly around Sukhumvit and Chit Lom; close to everything but quiet at night. Smart, comfortable room. The elevator is very quick and smooth, which seems minor but bad hotel lifts often cause irritation. The restaurant is just right between smart and casual, with good food. Also 24 hour room service (I think).

Our room was a bit small for the price we paid but I can't think of anything else I didn't like.

Beautiful hotel in Soi 4 just 2 minutes walking distance from all the bars and the noise. We picked this hotel because of the pool (on the roof) because we needed a place to be until we could go to the airport late at night, so we didn't sleep here nor had breakfast here. Nice room, good beds, good wifi, great shower, very friendly staff, good restaurant in the hotel itself, supermarkets around the corner, 8 minutes walking distance from BTS Nana skytrain station. Really great location if you come here to go out on Soi 4 and you are looking for a luxury hotel feeling at an affordable price. Very good mini bar pricing too.

Zero complaints

Everything! The staff at the reception were so helpful and welcoming! They were spectacular - I had a package delivered to me and they helped with it. Also left a phone in the taxi and the Dawin Front Desk is helping me ship it back home. It's a special place with special people!

• Deluxe Double Room

We travel to Thailand every year & if this includes a stop in Bangkok we always stay at the Dawin.. Great hotel & fantastic staff, I read some comments about the location near Nana Plaza but hey walk past. We travel with our 7 yr old daughter & have never had a problem. See you next year.

The price seems to be creaping up each time I write a good review.

The Dawin is a fair deal for a room in the Nana area. The facility is clean, the rooms nice, beds soft, wifi works great, food is good. All in all a fair deal.

Wonderful hotel, very clean and comfortable, in a quiet area of a busy Soi, perfect location. fantastic staff and very comfortable room. i highly recomend this hotel.

The older western men entertaining very young Thai women in/around the hotel was pretty depressing.

The bed was comfortable and the staff really pleasant and professional.

I requested a smoking room,on arrival was informed i had been given non smoking room so had to pay extra to upgrade to a smoking room. I had to check out early by 2 days,was then informed that as well as the 2 beer ihad from the mini bar i was charged for water too,i told them that it siad in the info on the web,that water was free 2 bottles a day,was told this was water on the shelf above fridge,not in it,yet no where did it say this.I asked the guy as i was checking out 2 days early if he could drop the drinks charges,not possible i was told.Also room was on the street side and noisy at night.

tea and coffee making in room,comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The pool closes at 8.00pm. The neighborhood is interesting (very Bangkok apparently)

Really easy to access from the airport via public transport. The rooms were comfy. Multiple restaurants/bars in the area. The pool is great with a superbe view. You can chose either a full breakfast or à la carte.

The only problem is the odour of smoke on level four. Our other two bookings were on floors three and two where we did not notice the smell.

Its a small Hotel in a very busy area. The staff were always very attentive and helpful. The rooms are nice and clean.

Pool small, beds hard, bedding not changed in the 6 days I was there. Value for money and good location for Nana if that's your thing

Housekeeping were friendly and courteous. Coffee shop ok with friendly staff. Hotel was clean and maintained well.

Breakfast was too limited. Ideally there should be a big buffet breakfast with lots of choice of items

Design and decor in rooms and lobby. Good wifi. Friendly staff

Zero complaints from me. I liked The Dawin.

The cordial staff certainly made my stay more pleasant. The mattress and linens were of high quality. Housekeeping was superb. WiFi was outstanding.

Very clean hotel and staff all very friendly, will be staying here next time, great location and faultless hotel. Lovely little pool on the roof.

Great location if you like entertainment right out the door step of the hotel, vibrant and safe area to mingle in. Hotel staff is very helpful, the room very comfy and pretty much sound proof. Easy access to taxis, tuk-tuk's, and sky train is a 10 minute walk away. There are markets in less than half an hour walk, so overall I would say we had a fantastic stay in this Hotel :)

Stayed st the Dawin a few times now. Always been good. Rooms are clean and comfortabl, staff are friendly and helpful and the location-close to Skytrain/is excellent. Recommended

The location is very close to the red lights. If you're into that the location is perfect, but as a female solo traveler I felt really uncomfortable. If I had know the location was like this I wouldn't have booked it. The hotel was very respectable though.

The room was sound proof Bed was comfortable Very clean Close to BTS line Nana