Reviews of Thipurai City Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

4/1, 8/5 Soi Kanjanomai Poonsuk Road, 77110 Hua Hin, Thailand

#81 of 172 hotels in Hua Hin

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

OK bit quiter than Pattaya.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No tea or coffee in room. When I booked the pictures of the room had tea and coffee and kettle.

Room ok basic with fridge. Great location every thing close by. Plenty of tuk tuks to go anywhere you want, 200 bhat to town and ferry, beach 5 minutes.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Comfortable, clean, and good service mind
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

Continential breakfast is not good cuz they just serve fired rice, a bit egg on bread, salad, soft-boiled rice and some drinking (tea, orange juice,milk) that not make my stomach full. Though they have another choice to order but get extra start at 80 bath per dish

Comfortable, clean, and good service mind

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Great location, friendly English speaking staff, clean and...
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

Small pool but beach is only 2 minutes away.

Great location, friendly English speaking staff, clean and tidy plus a nice touch from the housemaids of using the towels to look like animals (Swan, Squid, Dog etc.).

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

If u don't have car, love 2 spend time @the beach and don't mind w breakfast this place is good 4u
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

- Breakfast was very bad. I expect some sausage or meat or egg. My body did not obtain any protein for breakfast (That broke my heart into million pieces) But seems like you have to pay extra to get eggs or meat that's not okay. To provide some eggs or meat would not cost that much? - Parking was hell. If you have car then pass this property. They provide parking but for only 3 cars to have perfect lot. The rest must be parking inside if you park outside you need to give the car key with front office.

The room was clean and comfy. The pool was good not that big but it was fine for me cause I don't expect much for the pool since we focus on the beach. The front officers were nice. Location was very great you can walk to the beach and to the night market.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

Excellent location and good hotel
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

The wifi is not the fastest and of course there are more luxurious hotels. But for this location and value it is hard to beat.

Very good location, best in Hua Hin? Close to everything. Good value. Stayed here before and will stay here again if we go back to Hua Hin. Staff is very friendly. Rooms are clean and nice.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

A very disappointing stay.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Cleanliness of room - the beds felt dirty. (neither of us could sleep). Poor maintenance of room - remote control was for room next door (it didn't work), soap holder in shower hanging on by one screw - it could n't support anything. Very noisy - banging of doors and smashing of bottles on ground floor.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2018

Overall it was an ok hotel in this price range, due to the location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

You could hear people coming in at night already from the lobby and until they closed their door, I stayed on the 4th floor. Luckily enough not too many people were coming in too late during my stay.

The location is great.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

Had a great stay!
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

Had a great stay! Hotel perfectly located (can be a little noisy at night but I slept through it!). I had a bathroom issue in my room so was moved and upgraded to a huge room. All very clean, great service and staff were extremely helpful. Highly recommend.

• Reviewed: December 19, 2017

Very clean room. Polite staff. Quiet street.
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

I thought I was giving my credit card information to ensure the booking. I didn't want them to charge my card because of the exchange rate. I wanted to pay cash, but they said "it's the policy." I don't like the policy. I want the option of paying cash.

Very clean an comfortable room.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

Location is good
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The front desk lady was terrible and aggressive. They have already charged my credit card for one night but asking me to pay right away for the next two nights upon my arrival, very uncomfortable.

Location is good

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

Very well located hotel not far from all the entertainment...
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

When we arrived the reception could not find our booking and we had to wait about 15 minutes while a colleague went out the back to resolve the issue. When they returned they had printed copies of our reservation from booking.com. Access by car to hotel down a small alley which was obstructed by motorbikes parked on both sides.

Very well located hotel not far from all the entertainment and restaurants plus the beach. Good size clean bedrooms and bathrooms. Pool on rooftop small but adequate.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2017

Perfect location for a weekend getaway
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff was great. Internet more than decent - and the bed very comfy. This combined with the close proximity to the beach and shopping areas made it a perfect location for a weekend getaway.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2017

6.0
    ok if you like to be near location..but not so good if you like a good breakfast and no kettle
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

pillows were like rocks..but they did change them.. swimming pool you couldnt even swing a cat in it

stayed at hotel because breakfest was included... cornflakes and abit of toast. wheres the egg and bacon

• Reviewed: October 21, 2017

The hotel is lovely.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

All good with the hotel.

The hotel is lovely. Great value for money. And the staff are fantastic, very helpful !! But the area is not that great. Full of prostitutes. And the sea was quite dirty.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2017

Perfect holiday spot at a very decent price
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was super comfy, the room neat and clean - and we loved the shower + the little smoking balcony. However, what mad the hotel perfect was the super friendly staff - and the fact that they gave us an electric kettle so we could make our own coffee in the morning :-) The hotel is located only 3-5 minutes walk from the beach - and in a quiet side street in the heart of Hua Hin city. We loved the place! Good value for money.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

Just right.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No downsides except that there might be little parking in the more busy season.

Clean good room with exactly what I like. Big window, aircon cool but not direct on the bed, good working table and proper bathroom. Little balcony and tv right at my bed. Excellent breakfast. Not much parking space but I got a spot under the hotel. Very narrow alley to get in tough.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Lovely experience with Thai quality
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Insufficient opportunities to dry bath towel in room, dirty railing on balcony WiFi not working on phones, slow on laptop

Friendly staff Pool on the roof Spacy, pleasantly furnished room Rich breakfast

• Reviewed: September 24, 2017

Good value for a golf holiday
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good location to access beach, restaurants and night life areas. It's not a resort hotel but good value for people who are going to be out all day.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2017

Not staying here again. Very rude staff!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The lady on reception had the worst attitude I've ever come across. My pillow was extremely hard so I asked to change it but she refused to change it until 11pm as there was no other member of staff on site. I had a long day travelling so i didn't want to wait till 11pm to sleep! Which is ludicrous as that didn't make me feel safe at all. It's only until I refused to go back to my room without a pillow she then got me one. The air con chose when it went on and off so it wasn't very practical as it was very hot. Me and my partner were sitting on the balcony relaxing and suddenly a hotel maid walked into our room and she came to us and tried to have a conversation. I had a sign on our door as "do not disturb" yet she stilled walked in! I could of been in the shower naked for all she knew. Really not happy with that because again, didn't feel safe and comfortable leaving my belongings in my room. They give you great service when you first arrive but it's all a show! Not staying here again. It's a shame, as location was great but these things ruined our stay!

How convenient the hotel was to the shops/bars etc

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

It spoilt a great holiday.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I booked for 2 adults and a child (11 years old) got the confirmation but once we got there we had to pay extra for a fold out bed. Not happy at all. Staff were rude. Would not stay nor recommend this hotel. Not happy with bookings.com either, the add for the hotel is very misleading. I got a confirmation for 2 adults and a child and yet when we arrived we were charged extra.

Nothing, very disappointing compared to the photos online.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

Uncomfortable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I wanted to change my booking dates to a day later due to my late arrival to Bangkok and extend it to a day longer.Although the hotel was not fully occupied,the staff was not helpful. Upon arrival the we booked 3 rooms,two rooms were very worn out.The toilet has not been renovated for at least 20 years,all visible cracks.The mattresses were very old & uncomfortable.The whole room stinks from the bathroom bad canalisation.Leakages in the bathroom.But one room situated on the 5th floor had better room facilities and no leakages.I complained to the staff about the rooms,they just sprayed some aur freshener to cover the smell.For that price,you can get other hotels around the location with updated toilets & facilities.Wifi extremely slow.

Location is central

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

Great location, good value for money, friendly staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Had to leave the room key with reception when we went out, then when we returned they asked us for the room number...anyone could have collected our key and gone into our room while we were out. By the end of the stay they recognised us and just gave us the key without asking the room number.

Soft, comfy beds, free towels for the pool and beach.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2017

Very nice and friendly staff and excellent location.

Wifi was not good.

Very nice and friendly staff and excellent location. There was an ongoing construction work on the other side of the street so we got upgraded from our standard room to a junior suite on the opposite side of the hotel. Without any extra cost! That is good service!

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

Nice budget hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast when ordered was good but buffet breakfast was uninviting ! Lack of car parking.

Good tv and channel selection! Wifi good. Water hot! Friendly helpful staff. Room basic but adequate. Great central location

• Reviewed: July 29, 2017

Good but you will find better for the same money nearby
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There is no hotel restaurant and you can not get any drinks , alcohol , tea ,coffee or anything to eat during the day ..They only serve a very basic breakfast from 6.30-10.30am for 250 baht that is not worth the money ..The rooms are tired and need refurbishing and the TV is from the early 90s. The balcony is tiny for one person only and the bathroom is very basic with broken tiles but the shower is powerful.

The location of the hotel was excellent and the room was kept clean by the enthusiastic cleaners. Entertainment , bars and restaurants are all on your doorstep and the hotel staff are helpful

• Reviewed: July 18, 2017

- 250THB for the Breakfast Buffet.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- at 9 o clock morning make noisy for renovation neighbor room...not really nice in my Holiday. - swimming Pool on Top is ok...but no Umbrella for protect for the sun. So i can use only 30 min. Really bad for people who can not go directly in the Sun. ;(

- 250THB for the Breakfast Buffet...is ok...but not many choice...for 2 days ok. - Room is nice and location perfect. - friendly Staff

• Reviewed: June 16, 2017

Value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi connects only for 1 and hlf hours and also keeps getting dosconnected. Bathroom was very basic and small. Room should have safe

Excellent staff. Excellently location. Basic but clean and nice

• Reviewed: June 12, 2017

good location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

parking car in a very narrow street, luckily no one else drove because only 3 car spots ,breakfast needs a big up grade.no hot food on buffet an had to order from a select menu.coffee was very average .

good location.clean rooms,staff were very nice.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2017

We enjoyed our one night stop over.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

On check in the staff refrained from smiling which i found disappointing. If driving to the hotel it is in a narrow street with motorbikes parked either side which can be difficult to navigate. I found the bed a little hard for my preference.

The hotel is centrally located not far the the beach, shops, restaurants and bars. The room was nice and clean, fairly spacious with dressing table, TV and mini bar. The bathroom was good with nice shower and plenty of hot water. There were complimentary shower gel, shampoo and shower cap.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2017

The receptionists spoke English.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Since the day we arrived the pool was closed as they said there was a problem with water. They told me it would be closed just for few days, I stayed there for 8 nights, guess what, they didn't open the pool. It annoyed me as I could have booked a cheaper hotel without a pool, here I paid for it and all I got was sorry. Also, the distance to the beach or night market isn't 200 meters, you do have to walk a bit more. The bed wasn't the most comfortable one, however what annoyed me was that it was extremely noisy, I think whenever I just turned on the bed I must have woken up the whole floor!

The receptionists spoke English.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2017

Nice hotel will return again .
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No safe in room. Have to use safety deposit box at reception

Good location, hotel clean and comfortable. Breakfast very good, wide choice of food available for all tastes.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2017

Very good stay Good location 10 minute walk to beach.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Extra toilet rolls?? Its not a hotel with a view. But he!! you don't spend your holiday in a hotel room Would recommend

Powerful shower with constant hot water. Bed very comfortable. Very clean room.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2017

was a great place still is but needs some tlc
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room

travellers are not as well off as they were and i notice prices have gone up...

the staff were great, the hotel clean, and where it is the location is very good ........ needs some updating and they need to look at the price of the food and rooms have gone up...

• Reviewed: April 11, 2017

Quiet budget hotel right in the heart of the action.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking is a night mare. Wifi very slow.

Location is right in the centre of night life but in a quiet side street. Clean, friendly and with. Great shower

• Reviewed: March 26, 2017

Good value for money and helpful staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The WiFi was hopeless, which for me was not a great issue as I have a good data package. But for visitors who are WiFi dependent it would have been a big problem. Also the fridge and air con were a bit noisy as the compressorss cut off and on at night while we trying to sleep.

The room was good value for money. It is not a 5 star hotel so my expectations were not high. The room was very clean and the service friendly. While in a small sub street, it is actually in a great location. 5 minutes to the beach and many restaurants.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2017

Good hotel helpful friendly staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Asked for a double bed got 2 singles pushed together hard and uncomfortable. Not much choice for breakfast lukewarm or cold some mornings. No bar as shown on booking.com photos of hotel facilities.

Nice clean hotel excellent friendly staff. Good location close to the beach restaurants bars etc.

• Reviewed: March 3, 2017

Expensive for the quality the hotel offers.
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast: there were fruit flies on the plastic cover of the fruit and on the fruit itself. The warm plates were uncovered, which wasn't very hygienic. This might happen one day, but the second day the fruit flies had multiplied. Though there were many breakfast options, it was not very appealing because of the way the food was treated. This certainly needs improvement. The bath room was not very appealing either: when you take a shower, the whole floor gets completely wet. There were black stains between the tiles.

The location, close to restaurants and sea.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2017

Great location! Nice staff and clean rooms.
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room

Our family stayed at this hotel multiple times over the years, but it seems by now the place is bit worn out.

During this trip we've got an upgrade and received a much bigger room. It had more space and a bigger bed. The staff is always very nice. The location is just great if you want to be close to all the food places, and within walking distance to the beach and the night market.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2017

Good location .clean .freindly staff.😀
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room

I had planned to go to kho samoi ,but due to bad weather I extended my stay . I was informed two days before my departure that I had been charged for an extra day .and that this was non returnable due to company policy 🤐. And was offered a room change . Or a free breakfast . Room charge was 1,300 BHTS . Disappointed at company policy .

There was a good selection for breakfast from cereal to English breakfast .and thai food .

• Reviewed: January 29, 2017

Perfekt stay at Hua Hin
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location is very good to explore Hua Hin und its surroundings. There is a motobike rental near to hotel and room service was very good. I would definetely this hotel again, when i go back to Hua Hin again.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2017

Not worth the money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No tea making facilities in room or anywhere in hotel in evening time. Our internet was disconnected first thing in the morning that we were departing. When I queried the situation, a young man behind the recption desk replied, "I will inform management"! or words to that effect in a tone that he did not give a damn. Not even an apology was offered. Before bookig, do clear up these points. Oh yes, one morning alot of flies accompanied the food, badly covered.

Cleanand initial staff were very nice.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2017

• Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room

Balcony on the twin room on the 3rd floor was dark small and wet from the AC leaking water no window in the room so very dark had to slam the door to shut it properly shower was awful hot water kept going off

Excellent location close to beach and in a lively area good restaurants and night life close to everything.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2016

Wifi rarely worked.
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi rarely worked. Had to go to more bars to find good wifi. Staff did not help my situation. Also with the mini bar did not like the hotel sticky tape over the bottles and cans. Disappointing stay and won't stay again.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2016

Reasonable value accommodation
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi hopeless. Good job it was free.

Good location for access to town, restaurants and bars. Within walking distance from railway station. Clean and tidy room. No frills but reasonable value for money.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2016

Good place to stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- balcony was above a kitchen, it smells accordingly outside - it is noisy when the door of the rooms closed

I stayed 4 nights in the hotel. - room was nice and quiet - very central place - stuff was very nice and helpful - pool was nice and it has sun loungers

• Reviewed: November 12, 2016

Good value close to beach
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room

Cannot make tea coffee in room no hot water in shower at all

I have used this hotel before and it was better restaurant no longer in operation but not a problem as hotel is in middle of town and very close to beach

• Reviewed: August 11, 2016

Nice hotel and reasonably priced for Hua Hin.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The pool was undergoing some renovations when we were there.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was always very clean after house keeping was finished with it. You got a couple complimentary bottles of water daily. Only a few minutes walk to the beach.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2016

The hotel is well-run with a friendly staff.
    • Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room

As other posters have commented, the pool is very small.

The hotel is well-run with a friendly staff. The location is excellent. You are within a 5 to 10 minute walk from everything: the beach, restaurants, other hotels, the Hua Hin night market and the nightlife bars that become active in the evening. For $35 USD per day, it was well-worth it.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Not a pleasant stay at all
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The facilities were very poor and the staff not able to help

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

It was good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Pool area could be upgraded looking a bit tired

Staff

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

no parking very old room and smell

no parking very old room and smell

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Comforting
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The lift was to slow !!!!

Lovely clean hotel good location also

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Relaxing and hassle free

Having to go home.

Location, cleanliness and friendly staff

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Not very good. Would not recommend to anyone.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything as no services whatsoever. Tears in bed linen. Room small and no amenities.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

• Budget Double or Twin Room

We got a free upgrade from standard to a deluxe room.amazing

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Good value for money
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Nice little hotel in great location!

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Excellent apart from booking.

The booking.

I was disappointed in Booking.com taking the payment before we checked in. This was not advertised.

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

Very helpful staff and a great location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very helpful staff and a great location.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Hotel in Thailand really great.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Right in middle of town, good swimming pool on roof, staff with good English speaking skills.

• Reviewed: March 24, 2018

Price
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

Slow elevator, having to constantly reset wifi

Price

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

worth the money

parking

very friendly and helpfull staff, nice stay for the money

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

Excellent place to stay

All good!!

Staff all very friendly Best position in town Breaky basic but good

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Good location and overall I am happy.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Some Cold cuts, as assorted ham and cheese.

I normally eat ham and cheese on Brown bread, could only find hot ham.

• Reviewed: March 9, 2018

The WIFI system was crap
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

The WIFI system was crap The frontdesk did not have second room key,why. ??

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

I don't drink coffee

• Reviewed: February 10, 2018

Horrible stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Old recetion not friendly even rude during check in about foreigner immigration card

• Reviewed: January 31, 2018

Quite good apart from the bed and wi fi
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was hard very uncomfortable Wifi not good

• Reviewed: January 27, 2018

Brown water in my chower.
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

Brown water in my chower. terrible.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

From the Start of our Visit and until we leave . We enjoyed all

Slow Elevator

Staff was excellent polite and friendly in all areas Breakfast was good and being able to get Bacon was a bonus

• Reviewed: December 30, 2017

• Reviewed: December 21, 2017

Good

Close to bars

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

Perfect location ans extremely comfortable.

Tv a little too small.

Location excellent rooms very clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2017