Reviews of Urbana Sathorn, Bangkok 5 stars

55 South Satorn Road, Thung Maha Mek, Sathorn, 10120 Bangkok, Thailand

#1067 of 1,476 hotels in Bangkok

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Good place to stay, check in terrible.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The check in experience is terrible. Every time I have stayed at this hotel it is always the same. I made my booking through booking.com. The money is taken before you arrive from the payment card, which is explained in the booking conditions. The problem is that they then want a deposit to be held on the credit card, which I do not have, only a debit card. I then gave them 3000 bart cash as I deposit, however they insisted they wanted a card debit also to cover the whole payment. I explained that they had already taken the whole payment. They then wanted a photocopy of my payment card, which I refused to do. The hotel then blamed Booking.com for not explaining this. The reception is manned by trainees and do not understand the way payment is made. The whole processed took around 45 mins to sort out. This is not the way to treat guests on arrival. I have stayed here many times before because of the location and value for money, they MUST sort out their check in process.

The rooms are of a good size.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

The pool is cool
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Well the standard is a bit shady. The hotel reception tried to tell me the taxi from the hotel to BKK costs 1000 while It costs 500 (with taxi meter 300-400)

The pool is cool

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Comfortable enough and fair value for money
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Overall does not feel 5* and a bit old and worn. The restaurant was okay but the breakfast below expectation for a 5* establishment in Bangkok

The apartment is a good size and well equipped

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Spacious

Nothing wrong with it.

The place was spacious and plus we got upgraded to a bigger room- free of charge. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. I couldn't fault the place and would defintitely stay here again

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Never stay there
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

The hotel was very dirty, no hot water in the bathroom, no toilet paper, no hairdryer. I was coughing all the time because of dust in the room. Swimming pool has got alive. You have to ask for tea bags. Never recommend.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Comfortable big apartments, in a good location
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

Breakfast wasn't as good as it used to be here, but still ok. Hotel maintenance seems to be cutting costs, there were a lot of ugly fixes using cheaper materials than the original, e.g. the swimming pool - I hope these are just temporary, but it seemed not!

Comfortable big apartments, in a good location

PLEASE TAKE PEST CONTROL SERIOUSLY
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

1st visit room 2606 was amazing 2nd visits the following week and room was infested with cockroaches, seem like an on going issues. Been to 4 different rooms after and all have cockroaches. I ended up not using any Utensils, Crockery or Cutlery as woke up with a cockroach on my coffee cup. No upgrade or discount was given by the Manager until I make a fused. Not very hospitable for paying 3200bahts and 5200baths per night.

Front of house and House keeping staff were amazing. Work tirelessly till early hours in the morning to help sprayed the room for roaches problems and ventilate fresh airflow into the room.

Soundproofing was poor , hotel on 24 hours day busy road and...
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Soundproofing was poor , hotel on 24 hours day busy road and you can hear traffic like it was in your room , we stayed on 14th floor and could hear people talking on road in early hours of morning when traffic was lighter — also no room service menu was available ?? Otherwise ok

A hotel that could be good but is stymied by several mishaps and a myriad of other problems.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

This hotel could have been better. The Pool deck was being repaired. The noise from saws and hammers was terrible. The swimming pool itself looks like it's in disrepair - the surface of the pool underwater has many plaster cracks/patches, and the water is an algae-green color. The swimming pool locker room has a terrible odor or sewer gas coming from the drain. There are 4 elevator bays but they don't go to all floors, which means only 2 bays. If one elevator breaks and one did break - this caused bad delays. This hotel charges you for a lost key card (about $10 usd) when others replace it for free. The gym didn't have working air conditioning. Finally, the hot water faucets are extremely tricky to use. One reason is because the hot water takes at least 30 seconds to come out (I timed it). Then it's very tricky to adjust the faucet so the water is the right temperature - it's either way too hot or too cold. Problems like these made this hotel less than ideal to stay in.

The breakfast buffet was nice and like most good hotels, they will make omelettes to order.

Would definitely visit again, beautiful hotel.
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

Our minibar was locked! Maybe that was a good thing!

Fantastic, the first floor lobby is stunning enjoyed a couple of cocktails taking in the surroundings. Perfect

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Not a 5star hotel but good quality/price rate
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Wifi not working in room When arrived, we had to bring luggages by ourselves Cleaners have left dirty towels in room Some tea bugs or some minimal welcome stuff are warmly expected in a 5 stars hotel

Swimming pool and skyline view Suite very spacious Position closed to Sky train and Metro station.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Beautiful suite my friend and I had, great value for a...
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Construction of the pool put a small damper on our stay and if your looking to stay near Khaosan or Sukhumvit Soi 11 it’s a little ways away.

Beautiful suite my friend and I had, great value for a comparative suite in America and amazing staff!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Won't stay there again!
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

After the take over of Frazier Suites by Urbana, the property has been left in the same state as it was in 2011. It looks extremely tired and the amenities in the room are 'sad' (one little tube of shower gel, one little tube of shampoo, and just two towels). At check in I was asked to put down a deposit of 1,000THB and the first thing I saw in the room was a list of charges to be levied should we break anything. Not the type of welcome I expect!

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

This hotel looks amazing on paper. But the traffic is a nightmare. Also we were charged an extra time and we were also charged a few times without signing for it. The charging is either incompetent or deliberately trying to be deceptive.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Lovely staff who were very helpful Thanks for a great end to our holiday in Thailand
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

some rooms are a little tired looking with damp from the bathroom area. The breakfast was dear and not very good, probably too much focus on Chinese tourist than Western, and nothing for Vegans, they need to have soya milk and baked beans at least.

Lovely staff who were very helpful we had a problem with the room but they sorted it out straight away. Mind blowing pool on the roof swimming at night was awesome. The room was spacious and cool, air-con, WiFi and Smart TV so I connected my phone to watch anything we wanted. Comfy new beds with nice en suit bathrooms.

Nothing I hated everything

It’s the worst hotel I ever been to the staff so bad and an friendly the housekeeping is the worst they never take out the trash the hole five days I stay there they never toke it the Towels consumed and Torned up the last day they put the pool towels for us the room always Smells bad and they always want the money first for any thing u ask for it’s like u well run away before u pay Service is very bad I don’t I do not even recommend the hotel to my enemies Reception was worse of them all

Nothing I hated everything

Maybe only the location!
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

The hotel its 5 star , but its like 3 stars only ,, the rooms where dirty , and ihave been change the rooms 3 times but still it was dirty. First and last time to stay at urbana

Maybe only the location!

5 star hotel does not live up to 5 star status
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

The hotel rooms are beautifully decorated, but missing the basics. Our suite had a kitchenette but there was no cooking equipment or cutlery. There was a kettle but no tea or coffee. In the bathroom we only received one bottle of shampoo and shower gel, even though we were two guest. There was no hair conditioner. If you are expecting a 5 star stay, you will be disappointed!

Beautifully decorated and very helpful staff

The space of the room and the ventilation.
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

The room can be more clean. Not many accessaries have been provided. No tooth brushes, sleepers, not enough towels for both rooms. The bathroom has some stains around. The room is with a smell. The remote control of TV was old and broken. For making up the room, the rubbish bin was not cleared daily. The utensil requested were dirty and without washing. Really shocked to see. For the swimming pool, i couldnt see any guards there and some people wore their usual clothes and swam. Really surprised to see that. For the location, its a bit far from MRT and BTS. It takes around 15 walk on either way to access those public transport. For breakfast, it could be of more choices though the quality is fair. One more thing is about checking in, they insist to check the credit card which u used to book online. Its really absurd.

The space of the room and the ventilation. The view is pretty good. Staff are generally good to communicate in English.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Bad customer service. But great hotel in general.
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

The first day we got there, on our floor there was a very pungent smell. We told reception and they said they'll sort it out. The next day the smell was even worse. This time we walked around the area outside our room and found that the smell was coming from a certain room, upon telling reception they simply said nothing can be done.

Location was amazing, hotel was actually very nice apart from the smell issue. Pool was great, with a nice view and very large.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Big space of apartment, perfect view from balcony.
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

fix damage sauna. Improve clean the bottom of the pool.

Big space of apartment, perfect view from balcony. Luxury rooms. Swimming pool. Internet, Friendly staff. Perfect English language of staff. No smoking full place. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Aircondition, TV.

Bell boy was very helpful and polite
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The room is dark and dirty, on my last day I found cockroaches in the kitchen area, the hotel did not refill any toiletries in our room and we have to ask for it, the only thing that they do is replace the towels and on my second day They replace it with swimming towels... 😢the kitchen has only two glass and two cups no spoon or even tea spoon...poor service!!!! I will not recommend this place to any one...bad experience

Bell boy was very helpful and polite

satisfied
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

house keeping very no consistent, no like.

filo brother taking all the late night shifts deserves a raise. Loved being asked "How's your day sir" every time we see him.

Expected more!
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Bathroom had hair balls from previous guests! Had issues with a/c. The shower head was broken. There was no soap provided and the biggest issue of all there was no soap /shower gel holder in the shower. When I called guest services I was told to go back and forth from the shower cubicle to the wash basin if I wanted to keep the soap/gel somewhere during a shower!! Food was sub par and the buffet was limited too.

Good location and well designed rooms.

The staff were great, very helpful and the property is clean...
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

The swimming pool was closed for maintenance throughout our stay. It would have been great if the hotel had flagged this with us before arriving.

The staff were great, very helpful and the property is clean and comfortable. The breakfast was a standard buffet and the food quality was good, unfortunately, though they ran out of many items later in the breakfast sitting so you had to get in early to get the full choice.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Sorry.....wouldn't return
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

The pool was closed for renovation and we were not pre warned of this, we would of opted for a different hotel as our children really wanted to have a swim. They offered us a free taxi to their sister hotel but getting around Bangkok by taxi takes up masses of time and we only had 48 hours. No compensation or discount was offered for the disappointment and lack of facilities. There were no towels in the suite and we had to ask 3 times for some. 8 hours after check in some stained, old and frayed ones arrived. My husband took them back to reception and a fresh, new lot were delivered. We also asked for some ice to be delivered at the same time, which it was, at a charge of 141 bht, only around £1.50 but after everything it would of been a nice gesture to it being complimentary. A light switch in the master bedroom was broken meaning we couldn't fully turn off the light and we only discovered it when going to bed at midnight......after the towel issue earlier we decided to leave it until the following day and it was mended but we didn't have the best sleep. Don't bother with breakfast either, I'm afraid, unless fried rice, fish with black bean sauce, tomato macaroni or hot dogs that all were tepid and I wouldn't of dared touch, are your thing. They did offer omelettes and cheese and ham too to be balanced but it had all been sitting our in the heat.

The views from our 26th floor suite were amazing at night. The door staff couldn't of been more helpful and happily advised where to and not to go. The rooms, furniture and beds were comfortable. We asked for a late check out and they accommodated us until 130pm.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Staff is good but facilities and cleanliness need to upgrade
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

A small kitchen with all necessary facilities but no cooking and dining utensils. Even we upgraded to Executive Premier, we still found stains in the bed sheets. And my bro said there were bugs in his bed but my bed was ok. The renovation seems quite old and maintenance is not good.

Spacious room with balcony and cloth hanging stands; Two bathrooms at Executive Two-Bedroom Suite which is convenience; when we reported the problems in our room (dirty bed sheets, water leakage at bathtub) and requested them to change room, they upgraded our room to Executive Premier. Their swimming pool is under repair and they offered taxi fee for guest to use swimming pool at another place.

Room size is good but location is bad
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

The location is very bad, always congested just to get out of the area. Not as convenient compare to Urbana Langsuan. Saw a huge cockroach in the room.

Comfortable room size, value for money.

Nice room shame about the customer service
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

Sadly most staff don't speak English so getting help for tourist information was non existent. In addition when we arrived we had no towels or cutlery and our safe didn't work which all took time to sort out. Also the cable TV didn't work properly which wasn't what one expects for 4 star. This meant we could watch the world Cup and the hotel bar wasn't open as we had been told it would be by the bar staff..... As such we had to go out in the early hours.

The rooms are modern and large.

3 star hotel not a 4 star
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

The rooms are very dark and in need of refurbishment more like a three star hotel . The cockroach’s are still present as we saw a small cockroach in our rooms - we stayed on 8th floor. The swimming pool was closed for refurbishment and the breakfast was quiet basic . No welcome drink on arrival

The location within walking distance of patpong night market and restaurants and bars. The two bedroom suite was spacious and had a large fridge and washing machine

Wouldn't rush back.....Very dated hotel
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

This hotel is very old and run down. Floorboards feel like they're about to fall through, decor is seriously dated and things all feel like they're about to break.

Staff were very friendly and as helpful as they could be (short of replacing the floorboards). Great to be close to markets and opposite the hospital. And to our surprise the restaurant and bar was quite good too.

let down
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

room was empty, has a kitchen with no kitchenware, no tea or coffee, housekeeping never cleaned the room, no hairdryer, very poor effort for 5 star

room layout was good

Good location. Very poor cleaning and inattentive staff.
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

The room preparation and cleaning was poor. We arrived to find cockroaches in the food cupboard ,the room itself was full of dust and had not been properly cleaned. This property is also an apartment block and only a few rooms are let as a hotel. The room is advertised with a kitchen, however there is no cutlery on arrival and no tea or coffee, this must be asked for after you get into the room. The TV is also advertised on the website, however, it did not work with English channels. We asked several times for this to be fixed, but never was. The staff, will come to the room listen to the problems, not say anything and then never come back. It could be such a good place to stay, it is very good value for the rooms itself, however the management of the hotel is very poor. The cleaning staff will take soaps and dressing gowns from the room on cleaning and not return them. The main issue in my view was the poor cleaning and room preparation.

The location is excellent. The rooms are of a good size.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Rude staff. They tried to get an authorisation letter from me even though I had paid in full and had the credit card I had used. Treated me like I was trying to commit fraud. The receptionists were rude, belligerent and unhelpful. I feel sorry for the managers who have to deal with the terrible staff. The property is falling apart. The food is terrible and they told my elderly mother she had to pay for breakfast even though we had prepaid. Never again. Avoid avoid avoid

Avoid
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

The floor was sticky. The place was infested with cockroaches! On the bed, bathroom, tables, etc. The reason I didn't leave was because it was peak season and too expensive to go elsewhere at the last minute. I also don't think they will refund what I had already paid via booking.com. and what was supposed to have full kitchen utilities was inaccurate. No cutleries only some tea cups. It was only later when we saw the opposite unit having dish drainers etc that we asked for the same. Even then we were only given plates and fork and spoon. And we were given morning call at 5.40am when we didn't ask for it! I wondered which unit missed their wake up call. I will not recommend this place at all.

Good water pressure. Washing machine was working but there was no clothes line or clothing rack for us to use until we saw other balconies having it. So we only got it when we asked for it on the day before we left. The hotel staff at the entrance were good.

Great experience
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Staff here are lovely. They can help you almost everything. The facility in room is also nice, especially the balcony for you to scan the view of Bangkok. Lol, definitely come here again. BTW, it is a bit far from the metro station. But I really don’t mind a 12 minutes walk from the hotel.

Such a lovely stay here.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Pool water was not clean. Breakfast was expensive for what it was. Not the best breakfast buffet.

Such a lovely stay here. Room was clean and comfortable. Pool was beautiful , although water was not clean or clear. My boyfriend had his birthday whilst staying here and they helped organize balloons in our room complimentary. Lovely staff. Nice location.

Nice hotel, big room, good location.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

We asked staff to call taxi to go to airport, they called a cheater taxi driver- he took us to strange agency to buy plane tickets we do not wanted, told we will have to pay double price to go to airport, so we had to leave this taxi and get another one in the street. So be careful with hotel staff can not be trusted.

Nice hotel, big room, good location.

Amazing apartment with and amazing view
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

In general the place needs a small makeover. Not big. Just fix things that are worn down. especially pool area

Good breakfast. Big rooms and great balconies. Good surroundings. Get a high floor and enjoy the skyline at night. Amazing

Urbana is nicely located, apartments are big, nice lobby and...
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Swimming pool is not always clean, some days is ok , some days not at all. The only real problem is the smell in the sauna room, it needs a better and deeper daily cleaning with good products.

Urbana is nicely located, apartments are big, nice lobby and nice little restaurant on the ground floor.

Door staff friendly and welcoming, hotel is in quite a good...
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Rooms are very run down and need a deep clean. Much better hotels available at that price point.

Door staff friendly and welcoming, hotel is in quite a good location.

Great location and great value.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Hotel is dirty, staff lacks customer service, rooms have cockroaches which made it very uncomfortable to stay in. So if you like big rooms and cheap prices and don’t mind cockroaches and deplorable staff, this hotel is suitable. Unfortunately my friend booked this and I was unaware of the bad reviews...never again.

Great location and great value...rooms are big and spacious.

Hotel is not up to my expectations , does not look 5 star.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Towels not good. bed sheets, Curtains TV and Eclectronic items too old.

The Place is run down, Towels too old. There are few staff seen, not to the expectations.

Never again
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Service, room, pool many tiles missing and loose dirty decking sadly lacking in maintenance in rooms---not the same as pictures on your selling site. Very disappointed

Bed good.

Will come back if we visit Bangkok again! Nice hotell in a nice area
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

The warm water could have been a bit warmer, but still nice.

Nice and clean. Very friendly staff, allways with a smile! Really good service! The breakfest was great with good food and service!

Calm place and grocery store 24/7 was nearby.
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

Found too many insects and cockroaches everywhere in the apartment, it is far from shopping areas as well.

Calm place and grocery store 24/7 was nearby.

Stay away from the pool!
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

The apartment had a full kitchen without any utensils to use. No spoons forks or knives, the cupboards were bare. There was no coffee or tea. The room did not get cleaned properly- spots on the floor and dirty sinks. No pool towels. SAFETY WARNING - stay away from the pool! It looks lovely and relaxing on the rooftop, but there are so many sharp, broken or missing mosaic tiles. My daughter cut her foot and was bleeding. We got help from the pool staff with a first aid kit, but nobody followed up. The whole pool area needs a renovation since it is unsafe to use.

The apartment was spacious.

Nights with bugs
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Bugs all over the room. Poor breakfast area Poor service for breakfast Housekeeping always forgot something Property needs a lot of maintaining but doesn’t happen

The easy reach of sky train

Good value for money
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

For a 5* hotel a little dated but good enough value for money and a fair choice at breakfast. Lifts can be temperamental with key cards but overall a good stay if you’re only in Bangkok for a few nights and want somewhere central (ish)

Good value for money Nice pool area Not far from nightlife and transport links Fairly modern

Pool (was ok, but dark so not sure how clean it was), gym...
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

I stayed in Urbana in a 3 bdrm apartment for one month with my family (3 adults, 2 infants) and these were things we really didn't like; the loud street noises despite being on the 29th floor, the threadbare towels (had holes), stained bed sheets, dusty curtains and carpet (in the bedrooms), the lack of cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils and pots and pans in the kitchen.Nor did I like that I had to buy my own dishwashing liquid, sponges and scourers. There were also baby cockroaches in the kitchen, which I guess explains why they did pest control a few days before we left.

Pool (was ok, but dark so not sure how clean it was), gym and location.

The bedding was absolutely wonderful!
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

We had a room with a kitchen, but we had no knives and forks, plates etc. but we received some the next day when we asked reception. The washing machine had mould in it, and had a very bad smell to it once you opened the door. One of our bathrooms also had a funny smell. Sort of like seaweed. Our aircon didn’t work properly on arrival, but that was soon fixed by the maintenance staff. We also had a fair few cockroaches in our room. The first few were discovered in the kitchen, and the next few lots were discovered in both of the bathrooms. Overall, this was a nice stay, but wouldn’t pay the money that we paid to stay here. This hotel definitely has the facilities to be a 5 star hotel, but the quality of these facilities/rooms is not 5 star. When I come to a hotel, I don’t expect to have to be on the phone to reception so much, just so that we are comfortable in our rooms. I rarely contact reception and ask for things to be fixed. I normally save this for the feedback card! But I definitely expected a little bit more from this hotel, being 5 star. The only better thing I got, was the bedding, and views of the city.

The bedding was absolutely wonderful! Very good nights sleep! The staff manning the doors in reception were full of information and handy tips to help us enjoy our stay in Bangkok. The breakfast here is very good! Lots of variety, and something different every day.

방이 넓다는것 뿐.
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

The hotel was infested with cockroaches. More things were not ready. No clean, No toothbrush, No slipper, Not good smell in the restroom Small breakfast room... Not worth the price. I wasted my money.😡

방이 넓다는것 뿐... The good thing is that the room is big.

Amazing place.
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

Amazing place. Very very clean, the staff are there for what ever you need also the food in the bar that is part of the hotel is great and very good value. If anyone stays they have to try the food in that bar amazing !

Perfect place to stay if travelling with friends or family
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

Parts of the furniture and bathroom were a bit run down. Hard to keep such a big place perfect I guess, but didn’t bother me at all and really enjoyed the big volumes.

The location is great. The rooms are huge and beds very comfortable. We were at the 26th floor so enjoyed superb views. Washing machine is a nice plus when travelling for a while.

Good value but run down
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Very run down poor housekeeping and cockroaches. Reception supervisor was kind enough to change our room - second room was nice and but a little run down.

Location and pool

Beautiful hotel with an incredibly wonderful staff.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

The entire staff was absolutely wonderful. They were all incredibly polite, friendly, and respectful, with beautiful smiles. They made our stay 5-star. Our suite was beautiful with a spectacular view, and when we arrived, we were given a free upgraded suite. We would have loved to stay longer.

5-star stay in the heart of Bangkok
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

There is the issue with bugs, but we got moved to a higher floor, the 26th, where there were none!

The hotel offered us the best experience in Bangkok, truly amazing. The staff was just great, treating customers very well and professionally. We were a group of friends staying in a huge apartment and even got an upgrade. Very clean and spacious, amazing terrace and view! Close to transport, good restaurants and shopping spots. Highly recommended! If back in Bangkok, will book again for sure!

Great, convenient hotel
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Everything was great. Friendly staff. Easy to get a 20m taxi from the airport via Grab. Massive room for a solo traveler for around €70 a night. More of an apartment than a room. Great for sleeping off the jetlag for the first few nights. Great restaurant called Secret Garden around the corner. Recommend.

Told a lot but received little..
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

I asked for a room with the intent that it was my girlfriends birthday. They said they would put towel swans and rose petals on the bed and didn't. The tub was dirty hot water was tepid and didn't last long. Overall very dissatisfied with Urbana sathorn.

The staff was very timely and assertive

I had a memorable and stress-free stay. I would come again.
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

Daily cleaning services could improve. It is not consistent. Rooms, toilets & floors could be cleaned better. Sometimes they give bathrobes. Other times they don't. Swimming pool water was often cold. They charge 100 baht each for badminton rackets including 150 baht for the shuttlecock-- all for one-time use, which I thought was crazy.

The staff was great, friendly. The balcony view was not bad. The swimming pool was cool. Kitchen as well. In-room washing machine was fantastic. Wifi was adequate. Also the rooms & bathrooms were spacious and friendly. The basketball court was wonderful! Overall, my kids and husband really liked the hotel.

Would not stay again
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

That they charged me for a whole day when I needed a late checkout due to having a baby. Many things were broken even after being upgraded. And the food was over priced and not good.

The pool and that they gave us a different room due to cockroaches

Where are the 5 stars? Not impressed whatsoever
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

- Location not great. - Bathroom smelled. - No toiletries provided besides of small hand soap. - 3 times ordered room service food and the 3 times the food was wrong. Very poor communication skills. My boyfriend had to eat his food cold the 3 times as he was on the phone to them and then had to go directly to them to sort it out and then eating his food completely cold. Apart from the fact that there was always 1 of us eating alone as the food would take forever to be resolved. I don't want to get more into that bit as it gets me so upset by the lack of care they have shown. Also, they didn't provide any napkins and the cutlery that was already in the room was dirty AND rusty. No washing soap provided to wash anything yourself, even though you had a small kitchenette to use. So we asked for more cutlery which they've brought AFTER 1H of giving us the food and everyone had shared the most decent cutlery between ourselves. I just feel bad by the guy that always went to our room to deliver the food. - Jacuzzi out of order. - No hairdryer provided. - 5 stars hotel? Our whole experience was dreadful. I am just glad we only stayed 3 nights. Wouldn't return.

- Very spacious. - Good comfy bed. - Stayed on the 1503. Nice view. - Air conditioning. - Pool looked really good, even though it was brutally cold.

Terrible reception staff, comfort room
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Staff on reception is very rude, uninterested and unpolite! They even w on't day hello to You! They took 5000 baht deposit from a card in case you break something and said they will return 2 week max from day of your check out and did not accept cash for it, normally we still haven't recieved money and they have removed transaction without putting back money on my account so now I am still solving that case! Also a girl checking us in said nothing useful and for her most important thing was to take deposit from us! Terrible staff!!

Staff on entrence were very nice and welcoming, cleaners also! But we cannot say the same thing for staff on reception. Breakfast was very good and bed comfy!

Old. Used. Big.but.. Bed lighting system in room. I don't like it.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Used. old apartments. Bed air. Hotel policy no tee no sugar no coffee. Special request - don't care. Ordered two beds received one. Ordered two cover. Received one. Very bad air in apartment. Not clean enough. Windows could be refreshed. Old hotel. Good staff. Old polices.

Staff very nice

meh
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The building used to be a condominium. It was poorly and weirdly adapted into a hotel. The front desk staff are well dressed but their body language doesn't deliver much professionalism, it's like they are just informally hanging out. The front desk looks messy, folders on top of the desks give it a disorganized feel. The room was quite big and well equipped with a kitchen and washing machine since it used to be a residential unit. But very noisy since it's located by a very busy road, curtains didn't fully close, no amenities except toilet paper and body/hair wash, towels were worn off and pillow case was torn. Even though it's located 10 minutes walk from Sala Daeng stop, it is not a pleasant walk. Wood deck around the pool was decayed. I didn't get a chance to check out the gym and didn't bother trying the breakfast to avoid any pontential disappointment.

infinity pool was nice

Beautiful facilities but no service provided!
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

No towels, shampoo or soap was provided until we went to front desk to ask. They gave them to us the first night but trash was never emptied or no clean towels provided or room cleaned and days after we arrived!!!

Facility is beautiful

Great hotel and location but got cockroaches in few units!!
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

1st room - 1310 got lots of cockroaches 😭.

Great location easy access to most of bangkok attractions. Great hotel staff. They did help us when our 1st room got tons of cockroaches. They upgraded our room at 31st floor. Thank god no roaches.

Nice Apartment style acocomodation
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

The property didn't supply in room free instant coffee, tea, limited bathroom items. dish washing liquid and laundry detergent packets. Instead i had to go to mini mart and buy that stuff. Other properties like this one all supplied these items. I requested a late check out (additional 3 hours) and was refused. I was offered the minimal guest provision; storage for my luggage and the use of the on sight showers and changing rooms. I don't use public showers even when im not traveling...disgust. The location of the Hotel, Sathorn Road, is like a parking lot at most times of the day. Thick traffic, all day. Give yourself ample time to and from.

The size of the one bedroom apartment was perfect. It had a kitchen and dining area, living room with a desk and a separate bedroom. i was able to spread out some. Clothes washer. Staff were very friendly helpful and kind.

Decent property & location, but pathetic staff & management
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

Staff was horrible. Not at all helpful & rude. My wife had gone missing and requested for 200 thb to pay the cab. They refused. They weren't even ready to share my local number. Weren't even ready to allow her to make a call in spite of her repeatedly assuring them that I d pay her as soon as I got to the hotel. All this despite me making advance payment towards the room & them having my credit card blocked before check-in. They could have recovered any potential non payments. They are very slow to respond to any mails sent before stay & number provided on booking.com is of the other property - Urbana Langsuan. On calling them, they don't bother telling you which property you ve reached.

Good location, quite close to the market and equally far from both airports

Most of the foods are cold .
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Upgrade the house keeping standard . Service manager should always check on their work effords . they use white towels after used clean the toilet. it was horrible .

Most of the foods are cold . the chef should put more attention the foods to keep warm . the croissant stale cold. Most of all the coffee Machine making coffee was horrble not even do expresso.

Cheap and nasty. Run down. Don’t go there.
    • Premier Two-Bedroom Suite

Room not ready when we arrived. Had to move rooms. Very run down. Very little crockery and cooking utensils in kitchen. Housekeeping did not clean properly - sheets not changed one in 8 day stay - towels changed and toilet paper/amenities replaced after I asked.

Staff friendly good location close to Convent Street and Silom Road BTS.

Perfect
    • Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

Better glazing to reduce traffic noise

Comfortable spacious apartment. Nice pool. Great gym and sports facilities. Only downside was that it was on the busiest road in Bangkok so traffic outside hotel was constant and some taxis refused to take us back. However sky train wa only 10 mins walk

Would not stay again
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

Cigarette butts everywhere. And many things broken. And not accommodating to a late or early check out with our baby until we had to leave Bangkok. We ended up paying full price for another day and they couldn’t even give any perks like a free meal

The area, the Filipino staff were very kind and helpful always.

Browse Urbana Sathorn, Bangkok traveller photo gallery