Reviews of Golden Tulip Taj Sultan Resort 5 stars

Zone Touristique Yasmine Hammamet B.P. 253, 8050 Hammamet, Tunisia

#9 of 66 hotels in Hammamet

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The location is amazing and the junior suite i was promoted...

The main restaurant is a bit over crowded and noisy. However the staff is lovely and they always trying to do their best to keep things under control. A bot of a delay in getting used tables cleaned and prepared for the upcoming residents.

The location is amazing and the junior suite i was promoted is extraordinary. Chaima, one of the reception staff is extremely helpful and always keen to keep the hotel customers satisfied. She is a bonus for the staff, massive thanks to her. All the other staff with less than a handful exceptions are really good. Big thanks to Rima, Awatif and all the rest.

Memorable stay with excellent food

In the hotel description they mentioned a pingpong-table - unfortunately there is no table anymore (some stupid kids destroyed it long ago, the same goes for the billiard table that was missing the white ball) ... As for the animation: The first night of our 2-night stay offered us an amazing show with artistic moves and nice music) - unfortunately on our second night there was only a karaoke-session ... That alone wouldn't bother if it wasn't for - yes, again - some overactive kids who thought they could do karaoke without having even the slightest clue about the song they were about tp "imitate". The result was a mix of mumbling and screaming. -_-'

We absolutely loved the buffet where high quality food was paired with a high variaty of delicious meals. Especially for seafood lovers like I am. ;-) The staff was very friendly to us (we are local residents), which really surprised me, because it was only the second hotel where we didn't experience bad, unfriendly behavior towards local residents, while noticing a "super friendly attitude" towards tourists. The outdoor pool was very clean and offered more than enough space to swim or to play waterball. :) The beach was also very clean. Most importantly, it wasn't crowded and very calm. We could easily find a nice place next to the water.

The .

The ......... hotel is a fantastic choice of destination in the Hammamet region of Tunisia. The location is excellent with easy access to the beach and within walking distance of the marina. The food choice is excellent with a wide variety of hot and cold dishes both local and internationally inspired. One of the hotel’s best features is it’s staff, friendly and professional they go out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible by providing many options for both children and adults during the day and in the evening. My husband and I spent a week there and we can honestly say we both had a fantastic stay.

All good except food.

We were disappointed by the food's quality which was not good at all. We just ate fruits. The WC next to the restaurant and reception was dirty.

Excellent service, friendly staff, good welcoming, very clean rooms, super good view, good facilities. Everything was great especially for honeymoon. Free available parking, free Wifi with good bandwidth.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

3.1
    DIRTIEST HOTEL I HAVE EVER BEEN TO
    • Quadruple Room

Food was terrible, plates dirty, everything was dirty. Staff was slow and inefficient. they turn the music on full blast at 2.45 till 5pm. Awful entertainment. The animation were depressed and only oiled themselves to pose at pool side. Again I insist, the FOOD WAS THR WORST EVER

This stay did not meet my expectations at all. It is far from a five star experience!
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

The lack of cleanliness, the ignorance of the staff and dated and very dangerous exercise equipment in the gym! I luckily did not experience an injury as a result of using this.

Absolutely nothing! The worst hotel experience ever and certainly not a 5 star experience!

The service was good.

The service was good. The food was great. The bed was so comfortable and the room was super quiet. The beach was super clean and chilled. Big room with big balcony. I like that each room has a view on the swimming pool and the sea. The flexibility of breakfast time and other meals is amazing. Very good personal. Very professional and friendly.

Good services of all staff.

Everything was ok, just, l saw two times a big dog with a family guests(seems staying in last suites rooms in left side) and near kids club !, which is not logical to allow that in the Hotel and which can be also dangerous for our kids.

Good services of all staff. Clean. Foods generally were good.

First visit to Tunisia - beautiful weather. Hotel was fine & helpful staff - excellent spa!
    • Apartment Garden view

Bathroom shower and toilets were not up to standards in hotel. Towels not nice and toilet paper not enough provided - had to keep requesting.

Entertainment staff, delicious meals and fresh fruit. Clean and easy accessible beaches. Comfy bed. Spa services were excellent.

Excellent and wouldn't consider any other hotel
    • Quadruple Room

It's hard to say, maybe the kids play room could have been inside the hotel rather than a beech hut and then revamped.

Excellent bakery foods Good variety of cooked foods Great service Luxury feel Best room in the house Good priced driver (Mr Ridha) Excellent management overcheck (Ridha Habazi) Money was clearly being invested (painting and carpeting ongoing)

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

Hotel is awfully old. 10 am sharp half of the breakfast buffet is taken back to the kitchen?!! You think they’d have the curtesy to ask you if you need anything but no not at all

Polite receptionists Amenities

A beautiful relaxing stay !
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

The hotel has an excellent welcome with water, flowers, coffee and fruit however that’s where it stops. Being a five star hotel don’t expect water and coffee in your room on a daily basis. How’ever when we complained the reception did ensure we received water on a daily basis.

The hotel is lovely and the room we booked was spacious and neat! The dinning room Supervisor M Jalel was excellent in his service and took great pride in caring for his guests. A superb display of care and commitment to his trade! He took care of our every culinary need ! His attention to detail was highly appreciated . This is the type of person that should workshop other staff members on their commitment in the hospitality business. We looked forward to meeting him at dinner and breakfast each day. Golden Tulip Taj Sultan Resort

A restful retreat
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Very clean and the rooms comfortable. Wifi is strong in the rooms and the sea view is well worth it. The cleaning lady that looked after our room was wonderful and the general staff pleasant.

I really enjoyed it! The view is awesome!
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Its a very good hotel. One time the gym was locked and treadmill not working but its not worth complaining about coz overall i loved it

I liked everything

2 day get away at Golden Tulip Hamamet
    • Superior Single Room with Sea View

I think the staff in tge dinning area were overwhelmed with the number of guest. Presetting the tables for us who come in late for meals was not as fast. But by the second day things were getting better the hotel increased the staff

The reception staff were amazing and suppprtive

a fun filled new year that i will always remember.
    • Apartment with Sea View

the central air conditioner got too hot and was impossible to get it to cool down. also seemed that it only worked in d sitting room of the apartment i stayed in. but this wasnt a serious problem.

the staff were always available to assist and very friendly.

Great location, good facility, hotel resturant service does not match five star hotel it is away bel

Resturant service in general does not reach even 4 star hotel

I booked half board i was asked to pay for the drinking water during my meal, not logic at all and the food was cold, and food taste averge

Our stay at the Golden Tulip was good, considering the price.

Our stay at the Golden Tulip was good, considering the price. It was mid Nov, so off-season. The hotel could use a makeover: some towels were stained, carpets are stained, some of the furnishing seems outdated, and there is dirt (bird poo?) across the walls and glass in the breakfast hall. Definitely not 5-star, which we didn't really expect anyway. On the upside, the staff are trying their best to accommodate you. When Internet was too slow in the first room we had, we were put in another room where the connection was fine. Wide selection for breakfast, though I'd like them to go for quality over choice. Beach is great (clean), and the lobby and beach access areas are well-maintained. Location is close to Zone Touristique, though other parts of Hammamet are much nicher. The spa seemed nice and prices reasonable, though we didn't use it. The gym was functional & clean, with the usual equipment.

Fabulous

Internet did not work well, failed frequently. We needed a lot of patience with the Internet sometimes. TV should be bigger (for the size of the room) Only 2 channels in English (CNN and one of movie films) Change towels in awkward times (evening sometimes)

Staff people very nice. No doubt a very nice hotel.

Happy
    • Standard Triple Room

Friendly staff, good infrastructure, good restaurant. My sister got ill during our stay with a cold and the staff were very helpful in assisting her with medical attention and medication.

Great hotel but not happy with the thieving of my hotel bill
    • Quadruple Room

The charges , they billed me £1200 on my debit Visa card , it should have been £1123 , and the Tunisian dinar is got a lot weeker against the pound , so I was charged over £80 than my final bill therefore I wouldn't use this hotel or booking .com again , day light robbery , my invoice from booking .com is £1123 , I know the exchange rate x 3 it should be 3369 dinars not 3600 dinars , a difference of 231 dinars plus because the dinars is a lot lower

really well run , need to sort out the exchange rate , you are overcharging people big time when you pay at the hotel , big difference between booking.com bill and the hotel bill , misleading and a daylight robbery

Staff
    • Standard Triple Room

This is not a hotel for a disabled person. The family rooms are in a section near the sea, to go there with a wheel chair is difficult. There is some stairs and the person have to get out of the chair to climb a stair....was very disappointing.

Staff

Definately not a five star hotel, not value for money
    • Superior Single Room with Sea View

Very few at the reception to handle all requests, some had training also, room big enough but no safe box, couldn't lock the balcony door, dirty carpet at the corridors of the rooms, personel friendly and helpful trying to serve you but............., no reason to pay taxi 40 euro from hotel to Tunis, the opposite cost 40 TND!!!!

Breakfast was good, spa was excellent massage treatment

I wish I had more time to enjoy in this fantastic hotel, the view was amazing and romantic!
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

I wish there was soya milk and in general more choices for vegans, specially for breakfast. I had two beds room, they were comfortable but not for my baby who slept between me and my husband, in the middle.

The view was amazing and I love the swimming pool! The hotel itself was comfy and beautiful. I loved the room service and cleaning.

Good location, rich open buffet.

Smell of the carpet in the Callidor was ouful .the property marked as family but there was couple of Algerian singles who was shouting ,yalouing out of respect to the guests. Music was loud .we couldn't with stand and we claim to the manager in duty, she was ledy, the security was not available.she went to them asking them to behave, we left the swimming pool any way.

Beach was close and clean

Awesome resort but a few minor slips
    • Superior Single Room with Sea View

I had all inclusive, but I had to pay for whatever I took from the mini fridge. Yes, I was charged for 12 bottles of water, just because I decided to grab them from the fridge, rather than going to the restaurant/bar and getting one for free. WHAT?!?! Who charges for mini fridge stuff? Especially for all inclusive guests?? You have tea & coffee making facilities in the room... however you only get 2 sachets of coffee and 6 of tea. I did not get any more (I did not ask either, I was just trying to see what's gonna happen)... so on my last morning I had nothing hot to drink when I woke up... before I went for my breakfast, that is... Lastly, I found it kind of odd that they come and change the towels at random times of the day, instead of doing it when they clean the room. I was half shocked one evening, around 9pm, when I was on the balcony smoking I saw someone in the room and picking up something from the bed. Of course I rushed back in, it was a member of staff and he explained he's changing the towels, but that was a first for me. Good thing I was not naked, haha!

This resort is gorgeous. The sea view room is worth every penny, it took my breath away the minute I walked in. And it's nice to see the sea the first then when you open your eyes in the morning, loved it! The staff was amazing, a big shout out to the animation team and everyone from the restaurant and bar. And of course, the life guards :). Everyone was going above and beyond to make sure I enjoy my stay, and I really appreciated it. The pool is clean, huge in size and the water is hot! Yes, warm water (it took me a few days to find out haha). The inside pool is awesome too. They have different kind of daily activities so it's nice if you wanna keep yourself busy. The massage I got at the spa was great and very relaxing. A big thank you for the 30% discount. The food is delicious, and you have a great mixture of Tunisian cuisine (which was great!) and international dishes. There is something for everybody. As far as the desserts go.... they'll have your mouth water! And the wine too :). Can you imagine that I had a single room... but yet my bed was a king size? Or bigger, not sure. And it was so comfortable! I haven't gotten such good sleep in quite a while. Speaking of a single room, I did actually find it quite cute to come back to the room and find a random heart or swan-shaped towel on the bed with a couple of flowers... that was a really smooth touch! Considering as I happened to go during Ramadan, it was quite quiet the first few days (which I actually was happy about), and then when Friday and Saturday night came around the resort really came to life. Even if you go alone like I did, you'll find something to do or someone to have a chat with. There were lovely people everywhere! The beach is gorgeous too, especially in the morning the sea is still and clear. Perfect for a swim! It does get a bit dirtier in the afternoon, as the wind tends to bring some sea weed to the shore but it's nothing to be concerned about.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

This is a very nice hotel!
    • Superior Single Room with Sea View

The beach in front of the hotel was not that nice. The aircon didn't work at all, so the room was extremely hot at night!

This is a very nice hotel! The food was really good, the room and view was amazing, the staff was really kind.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Definitely I'll be back again. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Nice food and plenty of choices. Swimming pool clean. I did enjoy it and i loved it.

very welcoming staff
    • Superior Single Room with Sea View

very welcoming staff tasty buffet and a great swimming pool would highly recommend ah yeah, the bed are really comfy and i had one of the best night sleep :)

Good for value, recommend
    • Superior Single Room with Sea View

The show bar at night was not soundproof when your room was close to; it would be very noisy. It's better to book both breakfast and dinner, otherwise, have to pay 14 euros for dinner.

Staffs were gentle, and the room with sea view was good even it was a little bit old, but it didn't matter!

Nice hotel, my children enjoyed our stay, good wifi...
    • Standard Triple Room

On booking.Com sites says shuttle service, I think it's very confusing for lots of people I had to pay for my airport pickup, €50 each way wasn't expecting, I hope it needs be get clarified either hotel or booking.Com. When people makes bookings.

Nice hotel, my children enjoyed our stay, good wifi connection in the room, staffs are trying to make sure every one is happy, nice breakfast and dinner lots of varieties, definitely highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Disappointed with cleanliness
    • Standard Triple Room

-Cleanliness, dirty stuff from previous guests like condoms under the night table for instance - Naked room, no carpets no tissue papers. - broken toilet bowl. - ants in the room. - no water - fruit basket brought at midnight. - no tea coffee set or pot nor sachets. ...

The staff

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Very good service and a delicious dinner
    • Standard Triple Room

Some minor defects in the room ( looks like a child wrote with a pen on the back of the bed and broke a little piece of it) but this was very well compensated for by the staff's service.

* The service was very good: a nice welcome and a fruit basket delivered to the room * The dinner buffet was delicious and very diverse * The spa center is very beautiful and they made us an offer. * A very nice view of the pool and the Mediterranean from the room balcony

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Le bon endroit pour relaxer .
    • Quadruple Room

the spa and the fitness center close too early , if you can delay the closing it would be perfect for the guest .

I would like to thank all the staff for being helpful and all the time smiling, especially the housekeeping who really took care of us , the font office also did well job , thank you

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Quadruple Room

I love everything about this place .food was good,the service was very good and very friendly specialy E-C & Marketing chief Amel Arfaoui.i love this hotel and I will come back.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Fabulous hotel

Everything 😆 fabulous staff could not do enough for us. Clean rooms and food so delicious 😋 our room was beautiful , pool and sea view. Animation staff so nice. Reception staff very helpful, polite and corteus . Happy staff in this hotel. Service from all brilliant !!! 10 out of 10 for everything. 😆 would highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Need some more plugs in the rooms.
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Need some more plugs in the rooms. Offer a better a la carte menu when there's only a few people in the hotel. We ended up going out as there was nothing that took our fancy.

The beach is amazing
    • Quadruple Room

Bit old need to be refreshed

The beach is amazing

Fantastic location, cant really fault the hotel resort...
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Tunisia airport was a nightmare

Fantastic location, cant really fault the hotel resort pretty much has everything.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Lovely hotel

There was nothing I didn't like :)

The staff where very friendly and our room was very clean and comfortable. :)

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Buffets were good, variety of food

Needs maintenance, rooms could be better, animation wasn’t that good, staff was cold

Buffets were good, variety of food Easy access to the beach

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Very nice hotel with warm workers

coffee was bad

Buffet good clean beach nice rooms nice personnel

weather, location, rooms, service, view

No way a five stars hotel food.

weather, location, rooms, service, view

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

disappointment
    • Standard Triple Room

Restaurant staff , restaurant floor was dirty, one bath towel was totally tared , disappointing for a five stars hotel

The location, The SPA

Every thing's

The quality food

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Poor
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Very poor service food was not good very busy and not a lot of staff and also not clean

Some staff behaviour

Should have been much cheaper; do reserve in Tunisian dinars, not foreign currencies.

Food quality and price

Staff & location

Perfect honeymoon getaway in Tunisia
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

A.C. smelled a little funny and didn't blow very cold but the proximity to the beach and pools made it a negligible issue.

Everything!

Clean hotel, nothing special with the food but reception has...
    • Standard Triple Room

Clean hotel, nothing special with the food but reception has an excellent service and the hotel beach part was excellent too

the guy serving the towels in the beach

is so bad hotel ,food so bad ,

is so bad hotel ,food so bad ,

starnd
    • Apartment Garden view

Animation is catastrophic. Food was ok..

starnd

Great resort, Clean room and decent food.

Music are a bit loud during the weekend but it stops at midnight

Great resort, Clean room and decent food.

Beach, room, lady at the spa reception, outside pool

Inside pool need renovation

Beach, room, lady at the spa reception, outside pool

Very nice hotel...
    • Quadruple Room

Some food in the buffet get finished very quickly !!!

Various dishes in restaurant, nice hotel, nice garden and...
    • Standard Triple Room

Various dishes in restaurant, nice hotel, nice garden and pool. Short acces to the plage

The staffs
    • Single Room with Garden View

The staffs

Loved it even in Dec wether was good !!
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

It could do with a suana and steam room which was disappointed for me

The property was spot on every thing tp hammem to food was brilliant

Food

Almost nothing

Food

Property general view.
    • Superior Single Room with Sea View

Beach is pretty small. More a 4* than 5*. Staff service is at tunisian standards, below 5* international standards.

Property general view.

The staff was extremely nice!

The staff was extremely nice!! They will really take a good care of you there ;) could not be any happier with them

Great the staff wher pro

Everything's was good

Everythink

Will be back

The hotel is very convenient and classic designed but has all the modern facilities and front supervisor Marwa is so professional and super friendly

wonderful stay

everthing ok

food at italian restaurant and at the beach snack restaurant

Horrible stay
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Music out loud until 1 in the morning, all inclusive formula is horrible, food was horrible.

Excellent location.
    • Apartment with Sea View

Excellent location. The staff was nice , professional and friendly. We enjoyed our stay

I LIKE THE ROOM AND THE FOOD IS VERY DELICIOUS

I LIKE THE ROOM AND THE FOOD IS VERY DELICIOUS

Very niceeeee

Air condition

Amazing place, friendly staff,beautiful beach...

Need renovation

Furniture and toilets

Need renovation

Excellent 3.5 star hotel

It is not nearly a 5 star hotel. 3.5 stars most by western standards. Other than that everything was ok and good commensurate to 3.5 star rating.

The worst holiday ever. Food and service were horrible.

great price/quality ratio

food quality can improve

great location close to the beach

Patisserie excellente