Reviews of Adora Hotel

Hüdavendigar Caddesi Erdoğan Sok.No: 14, Gulhane, Sultanahmet, Fatih, 34800 Istanbul, Turkey

#504 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

the location was perfect and next to the Tram station and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Fridge sometimes not working .

the location was perfect and next to the Tram station and the metro station as well as the city centre , very friendly staff, cleaning every day

Frinendy personnel
    • Double or Twin Room

-Room facilities were broken or missed -Room size were so small (less than 9 square meter) -Towels were old -There was not hair dryer -Our room was so noisy due to installed AC fans just close to the window -Breakfast was very simple and repetitious -No kettle inside the room(we weren't allowed to take hot water to our rooms) -Noisy and old beds -Very very different with the pictures. -Corridors were dirty actually I don't recommend

Frinendy personnel Close to the train satiation

Quiet room in an excellent location.

The air conditioning seemed to work erratically but maybe it was me who didn't know how to operate it.

Excellent location, quiet room in spite of the vicinity of the tram street.

only location

air condition not worck i stay 5 days not worcking every day hotel told me air condition repair today !!? but its lies,,room very smal ..staf try bluff me all time .

only location

Can’t get enough of Istanbul
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel needs improvements, the bathroom seemed old, but it was very clean, so were the towels (that’s the first thing I look at in every hotel). But as far as we know the owners said it’s in their plan to invest in the renovation of the hotel and I wish they succeed with their plans, and wish them all the best, they were great!

The staff was very friendly and prompt every time we would need something. The location is great, though is not that easily reachable by car, but let’s face it, no hotel is in Sultanahmet area, however the staff was very nice and helped us with the parking. The furniture in the rooms was nice, though the armoire had a funny smell inside, the safe didn’t work, but we didn’t need it anyway. I don’t remember having a mini fridge. We would leave the hotel in the morning and return in the evening every day so we didn’t spend too much time in the hotel. That was our goal anyway when we booked it. For the price we paid it would be unrealistic to expect more. Overall we were happy with our choice!

Great place to stay .
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location, great behaviour of staff. everything great.Highly recomend this location for family and friens stay. This location is near Gulhane tram station and Serkegi marmaray metro station - 100 to 200 meters from the hotel. A lot of restaurants and Gulhane park is nearby, also all hyistorical places in old city center are in walking distance.

Good
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovation is good. At this price failures are also good nut o haven't stayed on any of the so many hotels nearby. One thing o felt that the shower does not have any space for holding soap of R shampoo so it's advisable that a soap bowl is in place.

Worse experience!
    • Double or Twin Room

AC didn't work Unfriendly staff. Other than bad welcome and not wanting to pay as booked by credit card asking for cash. He also talked to the taxi against us (Not valuable of money to come here, unsafe passengers etc.), Paid 5 Euro for the free welcome coffee. Not clean at all. There are a lot of better choices around the corner. So I will never again get back here

Except location no good thing at all

Bad experience
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no lights in the bathroom all the time, the towels were with yellow spots, there was no hot water all the time and the breakfast was awful!

Good location.

We’ll come back!

It’s a very cosy hotel at the touristic center of Istanbul, nearby sultanahmet. The trams are just 2 min from walking distance. The housekeeper was very kind and gentle. The working staff were helfpfull. The rooms were clean. We will definitly come back.

Very nice !
    • Double or Twin Room

I liked the staff very much, the hotel was rather centrally located with access to the tram. rooms were small but ok for two nights of accommodation, quite modern. Thank you for ospitality ! Diana

Location was perfect, close to all main atractions, tram...

Our room was too small that we couldn't walk around bed and through room normaly; it was too cold in the room, the heating was insufficient and air condition didn't work; in the bathroom there was no heating, it was really freezing inside; opposite our door was elevator and it was too loud, especially by night, it was impossible sleep normally until deep in the night; breakfast was simple and the same every day...

Location was perfect, close to all main atractions, tram station was just few steps in front of the hotel (though was loudy in our room because that), resonable price, bed was comfortable, staff was kind, especially Edip is very kind recepcionist ;)

If very low budget then stay here!

I was asked to pay cash when checking in! Even though they said they do accept American Express it never went through. The shower was awful, the mattress and pillows are very old. And the neatness of the room in general wasn’t that good at all. If I ever come back to Istanbul I’d definitely invest a little more to get a better place to stay. There are lots of hotels in this area!

THe Hotel location is excellent, between 10 and 20 minutes walk to the main attractions , Blue Mosque, Hagya Sophya, Grand Bazar, Cistern, spice market. Lots of souvenirs shops and restaurants. Edippe (not sure about the spelling) at the front desk is very friendly and helpful! Breakfast is not bad .

I had a great time.

excellent location, few meters from Gulhane station, and you can reach sultan ahmet in 5 min walk. great helpfull staff. plus very quite at night (just the place to rest after a long day). nice room (not too small) for a nice price. nice breakfast (could be ameliorated).

Good stay here for 5 nights and is value for money.

The location is prefect, 1-min walk to the tramway and 3-min walk to the marmaray. Have many restaurants and shops nearby. The staff is very helpful and nice. The room is clean. Although in city centre, it is not noisy at all.

If you are looking for a home in Istanbul, come to Adora

The only thing I didnt like was that I couldnt stay in Istanbul forever lol

1. The location is definitely convenient to visit most tourist attractions in Istanbul and it is close to public transportation. 2. The staff members here are always helpful. I arrived at the hotel at about 2:00 a.m, and Suat was so helpful and patient to order food for me as well as explain everything that I needed to know to discover Istanbul a bit further. 3. The streets were nice and the general atmosphere was friendly, more friendlier than other snobbish European countries. 4. Do not worry about languages because the staff members here speak good English and they are able to communicate in other languages such as Spanish and Russian.

Friendly atmospher with lot of care
    • Double or Twin Room

food and service of the staff although they are poor in English but very friendly manner they handle the customers Food serve by down stair restaurant is very taste specially native food dishes price also fairly cheep

good place centrally located for most of the tourist attractions very convenience for transportation very closely situated to Gulhani tram station Fairly clean place rooms are not space Breakfast is superb and value for money friendly staff but poor English for communication

Very nice staff.

The owner should spend some money to repair or replace some furniture parts, lights and air conditioning , improve the internet which was bad and disconnected many times. During my stay in the hotel, water disconnected for few hours, electricity disconnected for full one night, some maintenance in the main road during one night, some maintenance in the next building !! may be because of my bad luck :(

Very nice staff. They changed my room because air conditioning was not working properly. Cleaning of the rooms are very good. breakfast is delicious even with little options. Location is good.

Loved my stay at adora
    • Double or Twin Room

The employees are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is 10 min walking to aya sofia and the whole sultan ahmet area.it was a amazing visit. Oh,but the best thing that i loved is the adora restaurant..the food is so tasty and the orices are very reasonable compared to most of the restaurants of the area.the guys that woked there were wonderful and always cheerful..really good hearted turkish poeple.thanks to them me and my sister had really a good stay at the hotel.jawad the manager arrainged for our rides to the airport and was a good help..sending my regards to jawad,mesouad who always was smiling and happy and also the 3rd guy that was so funny and making hooka bubbles at dinner time...cant wait to go back again and would be happy to stay at adora hotel.

It was my second ten-days-vacancy in Adora Hotel and I'm really satisfied. Certainly I'll be back.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very welcoming staff (Mr Cevat and the other hosts), good breakfast buffet, excellent georaphic situation near the majority of the cultural areas, old markets, bazars; accessibility to public means of transport, security even in the late night.

Generally a fantastic stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast on both days were not impressive to be honest. Always out of eggs. Compared to the mediocre previous hotel, Adora's breakfast was actually worse than theirs. They had sausages and french fries, eggs so this was a letdown. One of the other receptionists was not that friendly to us though. As Cevat was the one handling our booking but changed shift soon after, the next receptionist rubbed us the wrong way. After showering and heading out, the other staff's loud shouts at us in public "Boys, wait up! boys! When did you check in? The time, i asked the time!" as though we were intruders of the compound. Even during checkout after asking help for taxis as it was so difficult to flag one down from up street, he acted hesitant and unfriendly. Maybe I am reading too much into this but hopefully it was just his natural disposition and tone and he meant no ill intent! I understand we weren't tourists of a certain ethnicity as many hotels warm up to, but I thought they should show kindness and respect to all the customers and always treat them nicely-not up until we paid the bill. But still these hiccups were minor, and i would come back again as I really liked the rooms and Cevat!

Absolutely loved this gem! We shifted here after our stay at a nearby hotel was subpar! This was such a breath of fresh air. The receptionist- Cevat was absolutely friendly and sweet, even accommodating to my small request to change my rooms etc. Even up for a nice chat on life in Turkey! The triple room was fabulous, decor was classy, the night lights flooding from the opposite hotel gave such a warm ambience unto our room we even had fun taking portraitures. The bathroom was exceptionally big and planned out! Great A/C during the summer heat! And a thing i oddly liked was that the rooms had no number on the door :) I also like how they have a ground level to relax and wind down. The location is a winner too just steps away from the Gulhane tramway as well as Sirkeci Marmaray station. Sideways to Topkapi! Walking distance to great fast food and kebab joints near Hocapasa for those after cheap nice food! Not too busy as Sultanahmet area which is lovely! I can't wait to visit them again!

Everything was awesome!
    • Double or Twin Room

Thanks you to all the staffs especially Cevat Borak for your generosity and kindness. Excellent location (nearby public transport), superb hospitality & memorable stay.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

the Refrigerator in the room not working well

very helpful staff I like them all specially(ali & masoud) very good persons gave us all the help, everything was wonderful , formal breakfast but great for the money value you pay , perfect location , nice outdoor restaurant .

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Ten days In Paradise

Once you get past the smell-which I do very soon after 61 countries-only the crowds in Eminonu and Taksim bothered me.A tip for tram goers; buy your intanbul card(which has NO cedit inside) and top it up with ten ls for three trips anywhere- boats trains trams etc- the museum pass costs 85 but lasts only 5 days so use it all quickly for good value to all attractions except the cistern and the modern art gallery across the water. Buy very little at the bazaar- always overpriced and check-out the little markets under the port entrance for real deals(eg selfie cam $2 and scarves $4, leather shoes $20).

So good were the staff at the Adora that I cxancelled other arrangements at other hotels and stayed there the whole ten days.Great breakfasts with omelettes etc. Erhan the day manager was superb, as was Musaf at night, Erkan and Alva in the rooms- good techy help too.Location quiet with all thngs readily near by walking, unlike Taksim or the too isolated and dangerously steep areas below Sultanahmet.Good wine shops and restaurants nearby. The Mesopotamian place near Fatih square for hookah smokers, that area has good street food.New York without the hassle!Turks, Kurds, Armenians, gypsies of all stripes,Saudis and Jourdanians, Asians etc etc. all going about their lives in a seamless flow.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Adora Hotel

the wi-fi could be better

The location is very central; just opposite Gulhane Tram station in Sultanahmet area(Fatih). 6 minutes walking distance to Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque. Many eateries and shops selling souvenir nearby. This area is lively at night too. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful especially Mr Erhan Adem and Mesutt Cakir. They were good host. Explaining and suggesting the places of interest to visit in Istanbul. Also help me booked my tour. Spent 9 nights at the hotel. Rooms were comfortable. After 3 nights they upgraded my room f.o.c. All in all, it was a very good experience staying in Adora Hotel. I felt like staying in my own home. Would suggest this hotel to my friend. Bravo Adora!! Tesekkur ederim.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Perfect location and good price.
    • Double or Twin Room

It is advisable to go for breakfast at 8.00 - 8.30 otherwise you could find no bread.

Perfect location (the main historical objects are only 5 min from the hotel, next to it is a tram stop), cleanliness, good price.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Friendly staff

The above mentioned noise at night which wasn't the hotel's fault.

Friendly staff. I was given a room change due to the original room being noisy at night due to work going on with the tramline.

Great location. Friendly staff. Ok for budget stay.

I like everything in this hotel, especially the location.

I like everything in this hotel, especially the location.

Everything perfect, very friendly staff

Everything perfect, very friendly staff

Nice hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Comfort of the bed can better.

Friendly staff and a good location. Price-quality was good.

Great cozy hotel in the heart of Istanbul
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent location, polite staff, clean rooms and bathrooms

The room is of excellent size
    • Double or Twin Room

The room is of excellent size Btw l took an apple but l Skipped the breakfast on my second day. Hopefully the pwner reads this...

Edip, the manager was super helpful. Great service and location.

That we stayed only 3 nights

Great toasts and tahini. I wasn't able to find cold water

Bathroom quite small

Very good location (from gulhan tram just 100m.) clean and soft bedsheet

Very pleasant Hotel personnel

Very pleasant Hotel personnel

Location and friendly staff
    • Double or Twin Room

No extra pillow given when asked and the room was very very small

Location and friendly staff

Perfect room and location
    • Double or Twin Room

The location right at the tram, Guhane station. Room is perfect and very good price

It was exelant.

Non

I liked the location of the hotel and the staff and the cleanliness.

perfect place in the city!

perfect place in the city! great and helpful personal!

All was perfect

All was perfect

The location is very close to all major sites.
    • Double or Twin Room

The location is very close to all major sites. Gulhane tram station is few steps. The price was value for money.

nice location very close to eveything,, nice staff friendly

nice location very close to eveything,, nice staff friendly

Nice stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location. Staff was so friendly. We will stay there again.

Affordable and friendly hotel

Breakfast was invariably the same.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Location was practical, close to tramway station and monuments

Good location poor breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

I do not like breakfast everyday same .. eggs. Cumumber. Cheese. Honey .. watermelon.. some cornflecks.. bread

Poor breakfast weak wifi

Good location poor breakfast

I like the reception guys

I do not like poor breakfast

A good place for tourism in istanbul
    • Double or Twin Room

Very good location near the train and the tourism area. The staf are freindly and helpful

For the value of money is not bad especially for youths!

Slow reception work and receptionist skills to do room key programing.

Location and room price,

Beautyful, 10 meters from Gulhane Park!!

Room small for 2 persons

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

everything is good.

everything is good.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Excellent place for long or short stay!

Excellent place for long or short stay! Nerby tram, metro and easy connection with other parts of the city.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

The staff is super friendly and honest.

The staff is super friendly and honest. Plus the restaurant food is amazing with the best prices in this district.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Close to main tramline.

Close to main tramline. Walking distance to all main attractions. Peaceful street.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Excellent location, nice but old rooms, unstable wi-fi
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi on the floors was slow and unstable

Location is simply perfect for 1st time visit.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

The staff is soo nice

The staff is soo nice

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Every thing was ok .

Every thing was ok .

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Not 3-star hotel, more like 1½-2 star.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only location is worth mentioning. Otherwise there was nothing good about the place.

Not many options.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Nice hotel indeed!

Location is great. Staff are nice and helpfull

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Taisir Yamin from Germany

I enjoyed staying at this hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 May 2016

Great location and easy to find.

Pastry at breakfast

Great location and easy to find. From Ataturk airport - metro till Zeytinburnu station (where the transit from metro to tram is close), than tram T1 till Gulhane Park station. Very nice staff.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2016

The location is ideal.

Nothing that I can remember. Was satisfied with what we got

The location is ideal. The reception incharge mr yusuf took excellent care and helped with all arrangements. The house keeping staff was very efficient. The restaurant menu and prices were extremely competitive and reasonable and was one of the best we tasted. Would recommend it to all.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

Bed was comfy and room was cozy.

Breakfast was poor. Didn't even have coffee available on the first day we stayed. The hot food was cold.

Bed was comfy and room was cozy. Staff were helpful. Location was fantastic for sight seeing.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2016

Very friendly and helpful people.

My room was on a noisy street and right across from the elevator so it was a bit noisy, especially when people came out of the elevator.

Very friendly and helpful people.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2015

Every thing was perfect, Staff were extremely helpful and...

Breakfast was nice yet there was no enough varieties as we stayed 9 nights and it was the same for all days, eventually it was ok

Every thing was perfect, Staff were extremely helpful and very nice ,Location was great and near by every thing transportation & sight seeing, The hotel was very clean

• Reviewed: 7 December 2015

Excellent location in the heart of the old town,the most...

One of the criteria for choosing this hotel were the reviews of "excellent fresh-baked pastries" for Breakfast, but baking was not,and in general the breakfasts were more than mediocre (scrambled eggs some days not enough),but we do not remain hungry.

Excellent location in the heart of the old town,the most convenient that tram stop 20 meters, until late at night, you can easily get home. The staff is very friendly and does everything he is asked, had no issues with payment or the things that were left for the whole day after check out. A few people speak Russian,especially helped a guy from Uzbekistan, unfortunately, do not remember his name but thanks to him)). White linen was changed every other day, towels changed every day.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2015

The staff was friendly, the location is close to main...

The room is very small. The breakfast could be slightly improved. There was a construction work at the basement and they were working until late in the night. First evening I called to reception at 22:55 and they stopped the noise. During breakfast, they were transporting the construction materials near the tables. In the first night they were overbooked and moved us to a hotel nearby.

The staff was friendly, the location is close to main tourist attractions, wifi was working well.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

the room was very clean, the atmosphere amazing, very...

the room was very clean, the atmosphere amazing, very central and ideal for me after the marathon(2min walk from finish). Yusuf the BEST receptionist ever..!! thank you

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

Loved how close and easy it is to access via the metro tram...

The "non-smoking" room smelled very smoke-like and not very well ventilated (air-conitioning/heater system went out half way through the night). The mattresses were old, I could feel the springs in them. With being an old building, it is not very sound-proof.

Loved how close and easy it is to access via the metro tram system. Staff was friendly and easy to communicate with in English. Rooms were well decorated and clean. Very thankful for the Turkish breakfast, that was prepared for us before the normal breakfast hour.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2015

Itr is the 5th time when I stayed here;

Itr is the 5th time when I stayed here; the stuff is very friendly, the room is not big but very confortable and warm, the breakfast is very good and plenty enough; in one word Adora hotel is your second home in Istanbul

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Very nice location and super helpfull stuff!

Excellent stuff if not enough! Breakfast was poor and cold. When we arrive the flush in the toilet did not work, they repaired it until evening. In fact, all sanitary engineering was old and did not work properly. The epic fail was late in the evening when third person in our room was in shower and the water just gone… neither warm neither cold…. And you like washing your head))))

Very nice location and super helpfull stuff!!! They did their best. Good to stay for one night.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

The hotel is clean and economic.

The hotel is also a restaurant, so you should face the wine bottles all the time you get in and out.

The hotel is clean and economic. I think it is suitable for young couples and friends. The location is perfect because its nearest to Gulhane tram and also Eminönü station for buses.(It will take 15 minutes on feet to Eminönü). You can go to Sultanahmet on your feet. This hotel is suitable for Western people more than Easterns.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

friendliness of all staff ,very good location,

the air conditioner in our room didn't work despite numerous requests for assistance in this regard to reception this was not corrected so very hot room and uncomfortable when sleeping

friendliness of all staff ,very good location, breakfasts ,dinners

There are also 12 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Adora Hotel traveller photo gallery