Reviews of Hotel Agan Istanbul Sirkeci

Ebussuud Cad.Safettinpasa Sok.No:4 Old City Sultanahmet, Fatih, 80630 Istanbul, Turkey

#401 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

The staff were nice, location is good and so is the food. I would rate this hotel 7
    • Standard Single Room

The room didn't have a kettle, if you like to have a cuppa in the evening, you may have to go down to get some hot water. Not very convenient. They could do with better toilet brush, the one they had was disgusting, I had to turn my face to use.

If you're looking for good location, it's the place to be. The food was good, but the furniture was just basic. I normally get a kettle in the room, but It didn't have one, though access to hot water was available downstairs in the restaurant, somehow not convenient if you want to have a cuppa in the evening.

Location is awesome!

Please note - there is no iron at the hotel at all;) And turkish breakfast differs much from the continental, but is not the minus at all.

Location is awesome! 10 minutes walk to all main city attractions, and easy access to city transport. Rooms are clean, air conditioning, all toiletries.

happy with my stay and thanks to the lovely staff
    • Standard Single Room

The maid might have forgotten to put toiletteries on my 3rd day of stay or may be thought that I was leaving...

For the price I paid I did not expect confort and facility of a 5 star luxury hotel. I was happy with my stay at Agan hotel which was near to hotels, shops, bazaars, tram stations, restaurants. Will come again.

Super !
    • Standard Double

I liked everything about the hotel. It is beautiful, location is amazing and the staff is super helpfull. Rooms are great, the restaurant stylish and the food is delicious. I had a super time. I will be back for sure.

Highly recommend it.

The best thing about this hotel is that it has a lot of positive points. Location, wonderful. Stuff, super friendly and helpful. Price, reasonable. Food, super. Breakfast, wonderful. View, beautiful. Near to everything.

Location is perfect for sightseeing.
    • Standard Double

The room was very-very small (6 floor, under the roof). Hotel is rather old. But for us it was not a problem. What was really annoying - TV was permanently disconnecting (bad cable plug) and only a physical push may return it to life, but it takes time...

Location is perfect for sightseeing.

Good
    • Standard Triple Room

Food was very good in restaurant(testi kebap).Location is near park where is the Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque.Is in the middle of the old city.Raport price and quality is ok.

• Standard Family Room

Location. Traffic jam around the the area. Don't use taxi unless you have to.

Location. Close to main attractions in Istanbul. Also close to various public transportation. Tram, metro, bus, and ferry.

Still a safe bet
    • Standard Double

Carpet would benefit from a clean.

I visit Istanbul every few years, and this was my third stay at Agan. Over the years the decor has perhaps lost a little of its shine, but this hotel is still a very safe bet. Location is excellent, very close to Gülhane tram stop. Rooms clean. Towels changed daily. Plenty of hot water. Ample breakfast. Turgut and the other staff are friendly and helpful, and English is spoken. Good value for money - I keep coming back. Recommended.

Hotel Agan is located in the heart of Sultanahmet district.
    • Standard Double

Hotel Agan is located in the heart of Sultanahmet district. It is 5mins walk away from Sirkici station and 10mins away from top attractions such as Hagia Sophia, Topkapi palace, Spice bazar, most museums, etc. Transport in Istanbul is modern and tram T1 and Metro stops are really close. Staff was friendly, helpful and responded fast when we had an enquiry through booking.com's site. Great value for money. Will visit again.

The hotel has an excellent location, very nice and welcoming...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel has an excellent location, very nice and welcoming staff. I was very satisfied with the choice of room and the hotel has definitely my recommendation.

Worth it for a night or two
    • Standard Double

The pillows were terrible, if I could call them so. Very noisy. You could hear guests from other rooms.

Great location , very polite and helpful staff

"To see Paris and die" - "To see Istanbul and it will remain in your heart forever".
    • Deluxe Double Room

It's a shame that such a good hotel came to desolation! There were small nuances that you want to write off on the human factor. The season is over and the staff also wants to rest. We had ordered two deluxe rooms. Alas, my number was not prepared. Dust in the lockers and the room, cigarette butts, a non-working Jacuzzi, empty mini bars. The presence of extra kravati in the room. Not the order of the table for the New Year! Thanks again Katerina, but alas the mood was spoiled! The staff reacted and corrected everything very quickly! But apart from excuse me - there was not any action! Gentlemen, you take money for a favor! Be kind to provide it on the level! If not provided then - money is returned or make a compliment!

The hotel is located in the historical heart of Istanbul! The main attractions and markets are within walking distance. Around him an abundance of shops and restaurants for every taste and purse! Everything is impregnated with the culture of the east, you wake up to the singing of the muezzin, and you can finish it on the veranda of the hotel ordering dishes of ethnic cuisine. As a Brand-Chief I can say one is very tasty and with a heart! Prices are lower than urban, 10% discount for hotel guests. Lunch or dinner in the area of ​​60-90 Turkish lira for two. Perfect breakfast! Spacious rooms that have everything you need! Transfer. Many thanks to the staff of the hotel and the restaurant - guys well done! Special thanks to Katerina, the spouse of the restaurant's director! Minor deficiencies smoothed hospitality and the hospitality of workers.

Sirkeci is a great area to stay walking distance from...

Simple Breakfast, and hotel is on very small hill.

Sirkeci is a great area to stay walking distance from Eminonu. The bathroom is of acceptable space and beds are comfortable.

our stay was 4nights b and b which we enjoyed

The hotel needs a larger lounge area

The room was clean and spacious,bed and towels were clean,location of hotel is ideal for major attractions,adjacent restaurant was good

I am sure that i will book in this hotel in the next trip.
    • Standard Triple Room

just the breakfast can be better,but it is good

the staff are so friendly and you feel like you are in your home,and the location of the hotel is perfect.

Nothing except the location
    • Standard Double

They are theifes our camera was stolen from the room and when we told them they transferred us to another room to search our room well although we told them it was in the drawer and told us they will check the cameras and when they checked them they told us that no one entered the room except the house keeping which is trustworthy 😠 and they kept telling us we will call the police and wait for 10 minutes and we waited for two hours and no one showed and that was our last day in Istanbul and we needed to buy things before our plane so we didn't raise the issue but definitely the camera was taken from our room P. S before this incident we also felt the room is very small and the WiFi was very bad and the breakfast is very poor

Nothing except the location

We recommend the hotel to everyone!
    • Standard Double

We liked everything about our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. Any question we had, there was always someone to help us. Especially we want to say thank you to the receptionists, they welcomed us warmly and made us feel at home. The breakfast had a great selection and everything was fresh prepared. The room was nicely decorated and very clean, the maids cleaned every day. The hotel includes a travel agency, wich was amazing, we booked a city tour and a boat trip, it was fast and easy. We got some tours recommended, so we even didn't have to figure out where do we want to go. Some of the sightseeings we could reach by feet, also the tram station was nearby, so that wasn't an issue at all.

the hotel location was good and staff are very helpful and...

Location and friendly staff

the hotel location was good and staff are very helpful and nice, however the room are very small, and it was not clean comparing to the picture. TV was very small (19 inch)

A life time experiance
    • Standard Family Room

I didnt feel i was a stranger there the staff were like family and i was sad to say good bye to them . I promise to go back there again . Thank you Agan staff

Most of the facilities that are indicated in booking.

Most of the facilities that are indicated in booking.com site upon my reservation are not found in both rooms like money deposit box; iron, ironing table... TV's were not working in both rooms....

Would stay there again
    • Standard Family Room

Great location and supportive staff. Premises need some renovation, but in general provide good value for money. Close to all main attractions in SultanAhmet. 200 meters to Gulhane Park and Gulhane tram station. Good place to stay with family, as they have several family suites consisting of two connecting rooms with private bathrooms

A great hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

Fantastic hotel.Perfect location,excellent customer service, comfortable stay,good restaurant, shopping places near to hotel,tasty foods,Neat & clean room+bathroom. I lost my bag, Owner Mr Vakif helped us to find it.

Just wonderful...
    • Standard Single Room

the stair ways could be a lot lighter...

The staff was excellant, breakfast5was great,the staff always helpful; they have an excellant cook, nice chap too!! very helpful at the reception, I LIKE! cok guzel, ATA!!!

Location and the friendly staff.
    • Standard Double

The guy at the reception on our check in date didn't guide us properly about roaming around the city

Location and the friendly staff. Enjoyed complimentary teas and fruits after the dinner at their restaurant with 10% off for guests staying in their hotel

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Value for money.strategic location
    • Standard Double

Hotel didnt provide kettle.need to ask hot water from kitchen.

Walking-distance to everything..tram station, spice market,bosphorus river,galata tower,sultanahmet,shopping..everything!

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Extraordinary location, close to everything at walking distance. Tram and Metro stations just around the corner. cozy feeling both in the room and in the reception-breakfast area Extreme cleanliness. Fantastic staff, always smiling, friendly, ready to help Especially the young boy bilal is really a lovely person. Safe and clean area surrounded by several decent restaurants specially salute restaurant and small shops. We felt very welcomed and enjoyed our stay very much. Beautiful property. Fantastic room fabulous bathroom all spotlessly clean. In a lovely location. We had a wonderful trip. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Location was quiet. Breakfast was excellent. Specially we very much appreciated the charming host who was exceptional in her care and interest in providing the best service to his guests

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

suitable value against cost
    • Standard Triple Room

the Wi-Fi service is so weak and it cost me a lot because it made me use my roaming internet

nice variety in breakfast and excellent location to all public transport

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Great hotel, clean and comfortable

Nothing this time.

I booked a single room, but I was given a room with a double bed and an extra single bed. The room was big and spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also very clean. The staff is really friendly and nice.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Lift to take you to upper floors, good size bed, very clean...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hotel wifi did not work for us consistently but there was a local free one we could connect to. Room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke at times, unsure where it was coming into the room, was unpleasant the first night but not as strong the second.

Lift to take you to upper floors, good size bed, very clean room, helpful staff some of whom spoke good English, quiet location, near to tram stops and historical sites, good ventilation through windows, really good shower.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Hotel Agan a place to stay if you want to enjoy Istanbul

No complaints

The staff was very friendly they made you feel welcome and help you in every way .The room were very well kept and the room service was excellent.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

The location of the hotel was really good, right in the...
    • Deluxe Double Room

We paid extra to book a deluxe room with spa however we could't use it as it was dirty since it hadn't been used for so long and there was not even a tap for it so that we fill it with water. Overall, no difference between standard , double and deluxe rooms.

The location of the hotel was really good, right in the center of old city, really close to Sultanahmet, train and metro stations. The personnel was polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Helpful staff, perfect location

Everything was great: perfect location, just near Sirkeci marmaray train and Gulhane tram, 5 min walking from Aya-Sofia; extremely helpful staff, room was clean. It worth its money.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Superb location near major attractions and the Bosphorus.
    • Standard Single Room

Cannot think of anything other than that there appeared to be no soap or other toiletries in the bathroom as they were on a table in the bedroom where tea/coffee and kettle would normally be.

Staff very helpful, attentive and genuinely pleasant. Excellent breakfast. Relaxed atmosphere, situated in quiet side street.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

This is the fifth time I am staying at agan hotel so my...

...

This is the fifth time I am staying at agan hotel so my opinion will be biased ! If I mention that I will stay there next time would that be enough?

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Staff try hard to please.
    • Standard Single Room

Pressure to use the hotel restaurant and central heating switching off when cold causing me to use reverse cycle air-conditioning.

Proximity to places of interest, clean and comfortable, views over city and glimpses of the Bosporus. Plenty of extras including breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

nice stay
    • Standard Double

bathroom needs to be updated. would be nice to have a kettle in the room.

the receptionist was very friendly and helpful and advised us on best things to do during our stay.Bar and restaurant staff were lovley. hotel provided a turkish breakfast which was not to my liking but the others enjoyed it very much The room was cleaned every day and bed very comfortable. It had most things you needed for a short stay except the one thing i really needed...a kettle..:( so if like me you like a cuppa in your room my advise would be to take your own kettle. only thing to let it down was the bathroom which is needing some work on it

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Not worth it at all, you can find a better place.

Not clean, small breakfast buffet, broken toilet, slow wifi, bad smell in the room, small tv with no international channels and list of bad things goes on ...

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Do not look any further!!!
    • Standard Single Room

The location is fantastic for all the sightseeing,all within walking distance. The delicious breakfast was plentiful and a good start to the day. Reception, Turgut and Okan really helpful and will book any excursions for you at the desk at good prices and proper companies. Rooms are clean and you won't spend much time in room,too much to see and do in Istanbul.Salute restaurant at hotel do really good affordable food too. I would most definitely stay here again at the wonderful AGAN!!

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Best hotel. Best location.
    • Standard Triple Room

Never experienced any bad thing.

Met all my expectations. Price was best for the location. 5 minutes walk to every worth seeing sights. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Supper Clean en lovely Hotel! The Agan otel
    • Standard Double

We went no for a couple times to Hotel Agan, iTS a beautifull hotel, very clean, good food for a good price, The rooms are big and clean, very lovely en good personal, The reseption Mr Turgut is very gentleman, Mevlut, Mustafa, Cuma, don't forget The chefkok Mr Sirin, he makes good diner, The hotel is in The centrum , easy to evryvere, if we go to Istanbul, we come again to Agan Hotel 😀Ayda&Hilal

very good

room spaces

locatoin, service

Staff and location
    • Standard Double

Very very small room in size and not that much clean as well rooms are old not like the pictures

Staff and location

Good breakfast
    • Standard Single Room

Smaller room than i expected.

The plase is very cosy. They are serving good Breakfast.

I like the hotel

Good breakfast Friendly staff. Perfect location. Good price

Very nice
    • Standard Triple Room

Nice property with good staff

Practical , nice hotel in super location.

some comfort feeling was missing= no tv channels, no minibar, small garderobe.

super location, good bed, friendly helpfull stuff, nice food

Employers very frendly and nice.

Employers very frendly and nice.

Location is a best!

Location is a best!!!

Old furniture, low cleanness

Old furniture, low cleanness

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast buffet is basic (although free so cant complain much!)

Excellent location, room is spacious and great

Restaurant is available, staff and location are very good.
    • Standard Family Room

Room facilities (drinking water, toot brush, hot water) not available.

We had a great time in Istanbul, location of the hotel is excellent and staff are very helpful.
    • Standard Family Room

the rooms are a bit small but enough for our purpose.

The location and staff are very good.

Their breakfast is awsome
    • Standard Family Room

Their WIFI, its very, very slow

Their breakfast is awsome

every thing

every thing

Girlie weekend

nothing didn't like

was small and cozy . near to main attractions . dining room nice and light and comfortable.

Pleasant staff.
    • Standard Triple Room

Better wi-fi in the room, I had a rather bad signal.

Pleasant staff.

I like staff members and also the facilities

I like staff members and also the facilities

Good property and nice place and good staff .

No thing

Good property and nice place and good staff .And I will come agan with my all family

super location, reasonable breakfast, wi-fi

nothing important

super location, reasonable breakfast, wi-fi

Nice hotel

Very good staff. Clean room

Keep clean and safe

Nothing. It's good

Near down town

Wonderful, if one day I come back to Turkey,i ll book in this hotel

Staff

Overall, it was a good stay at this hotel.
    • Standard Single Room

Overall, it was a good stay at this hotel.Easy access to trams, metro and marmaray.

very small rooms, breakfast needed to be enhanced

very small rooms, breakfast needed to be enhanced

Better than expected

Fairly big room, nicely furnished. Location is great, close to Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. Breakfast is OK, but not outstanding.

Location was very good
    • Standard Triple Room

Breakfast was very poor, rooms are very small, no space for anything, Staff were not professional

Location was very good

great

Size of room

Location location location

So So

There wifi was poor in my room.

Breakfas could be better. No iron facilities. No kittle. Bath aminities. Gakouzi is not working in deluxe room

Adbised very good location

Too small rooms

Very good location

No thıng

No thıng

Good
    • Standard Double

Frige dont cold . Air condition dont cold , stay with large open window .

Breakfast , staf, location good.

good people

good people

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Bed was a little hard

Does exactly what it says on the tin!