Reviews of Almira Thermal & Convention Centre 5 stars

Ulubatli Hasan Bulvari, 16200 Bursa, Turkey

#32 of 82 hotels in Bursa

• Economy Double Room

Though technically near a metro station, the hotel is located opposite Osmangazi metro station where you would find it a bit difficult to reach especially for families with strollers as you only have two options: either have to walk longer distance to cross the street or take the underground stairs with no elevator or escalators around.

We upgraded to a larger room at a reasonable rate. The private turkish Hammam was a wonderful experience and good value for money. The massage options and rates were very good.

• Economy Double Room

The Osmangazi district where Almira is located, presently is being rebuilt (march 2018).

Nice, traditional hotel in Bursa very close to metro station. The breakfasts was really delicious with some Turkish specialties. Very nice view from the window on the city and Uludağ moutains.

• Family Room - Interconnecting

Room a bit old bed is not confortable batheroom is too old. You can hear talk & nose and movement from the rooms walk way and room next to. The rooms were not ready when arrived and got the by 5 pm!! Hotel gave cup of tea for that!!!

Location somehow good with less than avarge ( 2 min walk) to Bursa city center where two malls are there and a lot of small shops around. Breakfast has excellent varity to go for

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It was very nice and the stuff was great and helpful The food was delicious The location great there is a huge garden behind and near big mall

• Economy Double Room

Indoor swimming pool area was so cold as there was a door left open.

Hotel staff was really kind and nice. Helped me with everything i need. Room was so clean and big enough.

Almira is Five Star Hotel. The bathroom Could be updated But not necessarily

We booked the room incl breakfast for Two days. Our booked room was Upgraded and we got a Family room which so excellent. The Hotel is very Central. There is other possibility for Shopping, lunch and Dinner. I Can recommend Hotel almira. We Hand a very positive expreience

• Family Room - Interconnecting

This is not a five star hotel and am coming from Dubai and know what a five star hotel standard is. They also gave me a room below a wedding hall and the room had no sound proof so it was like we were in the wedding. when I complaint the front office manager said do you want me to tell the wedding people to end thier wedding. This is a response from a five star hotel. anyways to make it short if you want a five star hotel this is not one

• Superior Double or Twin Room

1) This is definitely not 5-star hotel, don't believe it... 2) Breakfast was bad. 3) My room was very small and uncomfortable. 4) Bathroom was so small that I had to fight with its door all the time for doing something inside. 5) The whole premises are very very old. 6) AC unit in room is so old that you need to knock it sometimes for functioning. 7) Don't even think about going to fitness centre - all the equipment is very old and mostly non-functioning. Also, you'd have hard times to breathe there. 8) As a "bonus" on my last day of stay I got no hot water in shower and this was right after I went to fitness centre. And they couldn't fix it for hours...

Only one thing - rooftop restaurant was nice.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

No criticisms.

Large, comfortable room (free upgrade from the one I had booked); excellent breakfast buffet; very helpful staff on the front desk (they helped me to plan my journey back to Istanbul airport by public transport); very useful spa pool and fitness centre in the basement.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Economy Double Room

The cleanness of the room was not as much as I expected and the bathroom needs maintainance. The check in lasted for long time which was very annoyed to me

To be honest I'm surprised how this hotel could be a five stars hotel. The facilities and the decoration are not equivalent to 5*. However the hotel has good location.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Economy Double Room

Bathroom needs immediate repaint (ceiling) and get rid of black fungous parts out of the grouting between tiles in bath part. Interior suffers and lose plenty of comfort synonim for lack of acoustic insulation of the walls between the rooms.

Good and decent breakfast. Luxurious atmosphere inside...

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Economy Double Room

Even though the SPA is clean, nice and well maintained, I have found a bit weird not having changing rooms...you have to undress and leave your room in your bathrobe. The gym has quite old machines, I'd stick to dumbbells only.

Rich and deightful dinner buffet; Very good location for business purposes, being not far from the city center and very close to the main highways; Very helpful staff;

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Economy Double Room

Nothing to say. Everything was OK.

Cleanness, breakfast, staffs, location, rooms, lobby and ... Beds are really comfort. Umbrella, weightening balance and iron is available in room.

• Family Room - Interconnecting

.Not close to telefrik. .Chef (male) who is during the breakfast time at frying section is very rude and needs to learn how to be polite and more friendly with guests .

Location is good, specially in front of beautiful park.and near to Kent mall

• Economy Double Room

There should be standard nonsmoking rooms. If they had not upgraded us we would have probably got stuck with a smoking room. The hotel is right next to a main road which is very busy almost all day.

The location of the hotel is very good. It is very close to the main attractions in Bursa. We got upgraded to the nonsmoking floor and the room was very roomy and nice. They allowed us to checkout a bit late which was much needed.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

House keeping No security camera between the room Only security's camera in the lobby Staf they don't speak English it's hard to communicate with them

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Economy Double Room

The reception staff were very unfriendly and acted in a very unwelcoming and accusatory manner. We were quoted a room price significantly higher than that which was advertised on Booking, and then, after telling the staff that we had already booked using the lower price advertised on the website, the staff made us wait and said that our booking was not confirmed (even though it was). The bathrooms in the rooms were not particularly clean (and had a bad smell). Unlikely to stay at this hotel ever again.

Free parking and valet facilities.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We requested the reception again and again to kindly open the balcony door for just one room which they had done while our previous stay, because it was too hot inside the room and we were having suffocation although it was snowing outside, no air con the room was very hot inside, but they did not agree to open the balcony door. We were also ready to take responsibility in case but they refused to hear.Food from outside is prohibited, when we order room service it took almost 3hours to deliver a chicken burger with fries. When it arrives after 3 hours, it's was without lettuce and tomatoes just plain chicken patty and you won't believe it with 5pcs of frenchfries on the side,Pathetic really!

The fact that they upgraded us was a great gesture.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Economy Double Room

The staff was a little distracted as they had a big conference beginning the next day, so us 'normal' guests we not a priority. But they were helpful as needed. The location is okay. It's a 10-minute walk to a large city mall & plaza area. The city's famous mosques and bazaars, however, are not within walking distance. A taxi was needed for those tourist destinations. We tried to use the hamam and thermal pool, but it was not well stocked or managed. We were on our own to use them as we could. And the floors in the hallway of the spa were insanely slippery and dangerous while using the slippers that they provided.

We had a nice night at the Almira. The room was clean and comfortable, including the bathroom and bed.

• Family Room - Interconnecting

everything was almost perfect. but on the first day, directly when I checked-in, I requested to lock the door of the minibar so that staff came quickly, knocked the door and directly opened the door handle!! thanks to God that the door was locked otherwise I would have made it a big problem to the hotel. he should knock the door or ring the bell and wait for me. I was not late and I told him wait. I didn't take half a minute to open the door for him but he just didn't wait!! I didn't like this at all. the other thing is that I think it's little bit costly, will try to book ahead of time next time.

The hotel is really nice with spacious rooms, very clean, tidy and quick service. The breakfast was nice and fresh with a lot of varieties. and there is a nice restaurant nearby. The bathroom is bigger than usual ones you will find in Istanbul. It was in mid-December 2016 so we didn't actually enjoyed walking in the garden next to the hotel or went for a walk nearby. The check-in and out was very efficient and staff were friendly. It is a very good 5 star hotel

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Economy Double Room

Uncomfortable beds, booked a non smoking room yet could still smell smoke all day and night. floors at tge Spa are constantly wet. Rooms are too noisy

Nothing, I wont come back and dont recommend anyone goes there.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Family Room - Interconnecting

Excellent location and friendly staff with great breakfast and would like to thank all staff in reception, service and the tours specialist mr Majid

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Economy Double Room

Lay down on the bed mattress and you'll feel as if you are in a prison. its very uncomfy. Housekeeping didnt change the used cups. Also didnt leave complementary water bottles or tea bags. Room service did take longer than 25 minutes to bring us a bucket of ice

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Economy Double Room

Breakfast was excellent: good varieties and fresh juices, custom made omelettes. Room was spacious and everything that you may need, had already been thought :-) Spa and thermal pool was a good treat. You will have additional soft bathrobes in your room, so don't worry to bring your towels for the pool. All of the staff was very helpful and smiling Very near to mall and city center. It was a nice comfortable stay, really good value for your money. I would definitely stay in this hotel again and recommend to my friends

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Economy Double Room

The bathroom smelled bad and the housekeeping only gave one coffee cup, one water and no bath mat on the second day of cleaning. Everything seemed to cut in half on the second day.

The breakfast was fantastic, rooms are spacious and location is very good. Easy to reach the cable car and a big shopping Centre is 5 minutes walk as well as the metro. The room has everything in it including a scale ( to weigh your bags and not yourself I hope 😊 ) also an iron, irioning board and bath rooms to make use of the free thermal pool, sauna and Hammam

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Economy Double Room

i checked in around 18:00 PM, paid for my one night stay, told the guys in reception that i will leave tomorrow. The next day at 11:05 AM someone from the reception called me: "- Sir will you stay one more day or will you leave today?" I told him i am leving when i am ready, it is only 11:05 AM to ask this question, what was he thinking? Am i too late to check out? He answered "- it is OK no problem even if you are late" I stayed in too much different types of hotels nearly all around the World, but this is my first time they called me that way. I would understand if he would say"i am very sorry but we have shortage, that is why İ am asking, sorry to disturb you etc etc. To make the story short, i will never go that hotel once again, even if i must sleep in my car or under a bridge.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

The view.

The "Thermal pool experience" was so wonderful. I booked an economy room, but The room was upgraded to Superior room to give us a double big bed with no extra charges. The room was clean, warm and spacious and the toilet included a shower and a bath. Breakfast was so nice. Staff were very friendly. Long travel tourist company has a representative in the hotel and can arrange a day trips, or airport/ ferry transportation.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

nothing to mention

nice thermal swimming pool, sauna steam and jakouzi in Turkish style. thanks 4 upgrade to nice room in 6th floor over looking nice park next to the hotel. I liked the idea of giving specific time for ladies only in the swimming pool. 5 min walk to osmangazi metro station through a tunnel under the main street.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

1- room service staff

1- Breakfast like no other " woooooooow " 2- Clean , very near to kent mall , local market , luna park , bank street and city center

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Business King Room

The room that I booked is not what I expected, the AC was down and the room was too hot and this cause my child to have flu, the bed is not comfortable at all, the vale service is not up to the standard " I missed my boy's medicine in my car and in the middle of the night when asked to bring it back they gave me the key and told me to go out in a rainy cold weather to the parking lot to pick it myself. The breakfast is not up to the standard. Basically, I believe that this is a far from five star hotel.

Norhing special.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Economy Double Room

Do not put high expectations on the spa. Its an extra ordenary spa.

I liked the view, luxurious lobby, the amazing staff front line and room service. It is a good hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Economy Double Room

The view from our room was terrible, looking into dirty and old buildings was not what l paid for.

The hotel was of quality. The breakfast buffet was magnificent. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Economy Double Room

The staff of the hotel are not friendly with the guests .from the first moment when i reached the hotel they asked for the money!! Also i requested for one bootle of water for the children at the night they refused to provided the water free they want charge me . Which is really very bad . At the end I booked in 5 starts hotel , the level of the service should be better than what we had seen!

I liked the location the room , and the food is excellent.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Economy Double Room

The access to the swimming pool was closed at 3pm the saturday afternoon, due to a ceremony, without to be informed when I did my reservation.

The staff is very polite and helpful. The room is quite comfortable. The breakfast was so tasty with a lot of choices. The hotel is very chic. The swimming pool on the roof is very nice.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Economy Double Room

Location is very noisy. You have to keep the windows closed, otherwise it is noisy because of the traffic outside.

Breakfast is moderate and ordinary. Nothing special but at acceptable levels.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It one of the worst hotel I have been in my life How come this 5 starts hotel 2 star is faier The gym look like sauna no air condition & the equipment look like not been updated since 1990

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Economy Double Room

Swimming pool on roof is cold and sometimes not available to swim at if there's a wedding event

Excellent location in the heart of the centre of the city. Near a large mall, a park and the grand bazar is 15 minutes walk Reception are very helpful Breakfast is with great variety and tasty Rooms are large and cleaned on daily basis Travel agency that organise daily trips around Bursa - Zelekha Swimming pool on the roof and in the spa Large gym

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Economy Double Room

All staff were good except the short blonde, she was very rude and didn't help in anything.

Location is good Calm and near a great park In front of a mall

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Economy Double Room

Have you seen a 5 stars hotel without air condition? Almeria hotel dose! My room was very freaking hot! I couldn't even get a good sleep and I called them so many times and they checked the AC and said there's nothing wrong with it. Their lobby is hot as well as the indoor swimming pool. Spa was very limited, not as described or showed in pictures. I stayed in this horrible hotel three nights without A good working AC! It is up to you!!

The only thing I liked during my stay is the location. Staff speak little English.

Overall it's all good

I like the pool massage services stuff customers relation

All ok

Every things vary good

cafe close early

location is good, well managed

Every thing.

• Economy Double Room

Had problems with the internet

Brecfast

Bed not comfortable

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There were no toothbrushes.

Perfect service. very clean. Big beds.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Cleaning stuff more tgan perfect

• Economy Double Room

There was no air conditioning in the room and the sigrate smel in the room don't know why

The view of the garden

My room view

Nothing special

• Economy Double Room

Very good hotel! Everything was very nice !

• Economy Double Room

There is absolutely nothing unpleasant about this hotel and its staff.

Great buffet, perfect location, quiet rooms but, most of all, amazing staff.

Comfortable and handsome staff

The location is great

Services at reception and resterent were excellent.

Rooms are nice and location is excellent

• Family Room - Interconnecting

Bathroom smile is not good as bathroom ventilation is not good

Very good hotel

Tomuch flis in the loby

Frankly nothing

Clean ,comfortable and excellent location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The tourism representor her name is Xolihkah. She was so helpful and a great planner too

• Superior Double or Twin Room

First of all i did not like the way of greeting the guest. rooms were bit cozy. location was good but far from the tourist spots.

No thing

• Economy Double Room

May be I will look for better hotel

Not bad.

.Everything was great, Further , The room view on the near by park was nice

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very nice and comfortable hotel, polite staff. Restaurant in the lobby is fine, no need to go outside.

• Economy Double Room

Very nice room and the staff friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

really nothing

clean , near center...every thing good

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Noises

Staff

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Reception and hospitality from all the staff in the hotel 🌺

🌺 For all the staff spicaly the Reception and the security staff 🌺

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Very nice and quite place with very good location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

indoor pool temperature was high. My kids could not swim more than 10 minutes.

Excellent value for money

• Economy Double Room

The game hall need maintenance

The rooms

• Economy Double Room

Very nice view and awesome restaurant.

Browse Almira Thermal & Convention Centre traveller photo gallery