Reviews of Angel's Home Hotel

Mimar Mehmet Aga Cad. Amiral Tafdil Sk. No: 26 Sultanahmet , Fatih, 34400 Istanbul, Turkey

#313 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

Basic hotel with excellent location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

One down side is the condition of the room--it was a small rooftop room. We have to bend down all the time to ensure that we don’t knock our head into the very low pillar of the roof (the pillar is only around 1.2 meter from the ground). Only the bed area has a normal ceiling height where you don’t have to bend down. Another down side of the rooftop room is the heat that absorbed during the day. It took at least 1.5 hour for the room to cool down with air conditioner turned on to full blast during summer. It was also disappointing that the toilet is very small with poor ventilation. During our stay, we smelled the sewage smell from the toilet pretty often. Our experience will be much more enjoyable if we did not stay in the rooftop room.

The place is strategically located near many tourist attractions. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great, and it comes with scenic rooftop view!

I liked the location, the balcony view and the lovely lady...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn't like that we had to go to the lobby to iron our clothes. Not sure why the hotel has this policy but it was an inconvenience to go down and up the stairs to the top just to iron something. Especially if in hurry.

I liked the location, the balcony view and the lovely lady that makes breakfast.

Close to everything
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A good place to stay for a few days. It’s close to all the major places to see. The room was clean, the shower was good, overall an okay room despite it having a very low ceiling.

Wonderful
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I would like to thank all Hotel staff , really they are very cooperative persons , the hotel is very nice place and quite , it is very near of all facilities Really thanks for hotel staff from owner till each person

Great for a economic historical survey in Istanbul
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom didn't smell good. The shampoo had not a good quality.

Breakfast lounge was interesting, it was in a quite location and was not noisy, I liked the entrance and lobby.

Good location, good staff, but lack of an elevator and uneven room quality detract.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Neither the description nor the reviews mention that there is no elevator, and access to all the rooms is up steep, narrow, winding stairs. The breakfast is so-so, and is served in another building, so you have to go down the steep stairs from your room, and then up even more stairs to the terrace where breakfast is served (it's on the 5th or 6th level I think). The TV in one room was okay after the staff came and set it up, but the TV in the room I had my second visit, only worked one time in three days. The room I had the second time was comfortable for me, because I am only 4'10". However, there is a ceiling beam across the room which anyone 5 feet tall or more would bump every time they crossed the room.

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location, so close to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia, is great.

One of the best choice to visit the old city of Istanbul
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

very nice location, 400 m to Blue Mosque, a nice view from the restaurant - on the top of the hotel. A small hotel - only 5 rooms - but very friendly. the parking place is separately, 100 m far away, the price is ok.

Nice stay but bad room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room 110 is very noisy, because of the lack of isolation. The window is in fact a door to the street, you can hear every word spoken on the terrace. This disturbed quite some nightrest, caused by (the hotel) radio and people talking at the entrance of the hotel, sometimes until after 01:00. So, refuse room 110, unless you don't like to sleep.

Nice atmosphere and feeling welcome in the hotel. The hotel itself is basic, but has a very nice romantic family atmosphere. The view over the sea from the roof restaurant and terrace is magnificent.

Great little hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I love this little hotel. It's very clean and cosy and handy to everything. The staff are very helpful, and breakfast on the roof terrace is a lovely way to start the day.

Amazing place
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location is amazing where you can view blue mosque from terrace and the sea from the other side. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room decoration is lovely and romantic. Breakfast is good. Resturants ans markets ate nearby. We enjoyed our stay in Angel's home hotel.

Location is excellent, very accessible to tourist...
    • Standard Triple Room

Location is excellent, very accessible to tourist attractions. Clean and cozy rooms with friendly and very accommodating staff. They help you and offer best options to make your stay in Istanbul a memorable one.Excellent breakfast.Highly recommended.

Great location in the heart of the old city.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn’t realize there were so many flights of stairs to my room, and even more to get to the rooftop space where breakfast was served.

Great location in the heart of the old city.

Beautiful
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The seagl who stole my muffin from the plate during breakfast 🤷🏻‍♀️

Bed is just amazing 😍 super big and super comfy. Terrace has amazing view over mosque and water. Perfect location, just 8 minutes from tram stop, 5 minutes from mosque. Very quiet, clean. Great breakfast. I would come back here the

Good hotel with premium rooms
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The property owner is overtly money minded. Some examples are - no food from outside, 10€ per hour of over stay. Recommend not to avail any paid service from the hotel. They are over priced.

Location. Breakfast. Spacious bathroom. Terrace view.

Value,comfy bed,good breakfast included and great location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Reasonable sized room,generous bathroom,good shower. Very comfortable bed as really jet lagged. Tea/coffee in room plus available in guest lounge too. Excellent breakfast. Only one night but very good value as Istanbul can be expensive. Great location near major attractions in old town area. Would return.

Superb!

Nothing at all

Superb! Excellent value for money. Hakan, the owner is super hospitable and gave us some great travel tips. Nice & clean rooms. Huge choice of breakfast dishes. Highly recommended!

Location was good, near to biggest attractions.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We got room with window opposite office window. So we did not have any privacy.

Location was good, near to biggest attractions. Hotel is on quiet street and You dont here any noise.

Not bad, but not a brilliant
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

In my opinion hotel need renovation in some details. We had rooms on the first and second floor and there were shady with small windows and not bright spots in the room. Maybe that is a problem only for these 2 rooms and other are ok. Also sheets could be changed for new, because we had some with small holes (but everything was clean!).

Good location, a bit aside from the noisy streets but still close to tram station and main attractions. Good breakfest on the roof terrace. Not bad, but not a brilliant.

Thank you Salame and all the staff members. We will be visiting you again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

In my opinion the breakfast could be better but others could find it good enough. From the terrasse you can see the Blue mosque and the breakfast server is the nicest person ever.

For the price we paid and the location, we liked everything. The main historical landmark of Istanbul are a short walk from there.The staff were just amazing and so helpful whenever we needed them.

Would never stay there again. I HAVe videos but can download here
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Clean hotel. That’s about the only thing

ROom too too small. Bathroom too too small. Owner is very rude and unprofessional. Yelled at my wife And I. He asked my wife her original and if she is Arab. Non of his business. He ruined our stay in Istanbul. I had to go to police. I demand a full refund. Staff are very nice. Clean hotel. Heaters make noise. Extremely small rooms. In the photos it shows colorful items on the roof. They looked like things for the kids. It turned out to be blow up seats. They didn’t have them at the time me went. They should not have pics of things they do nit have. Steep hill we have to walk everyday. I should be compensated . Faucet no pressure water.

Our room is exceedingly small on one side of the top floor,...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room is exceedingly small on one side of the top floor, with a truly low sliding roof where I have to bend to get through and finally hurt my head for at least 6 times. The space is not that enough for luggages, clothes and other carryings. However, bathroom is clean and the service is fairly good.

A hotel to come back to
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This was our 3rd stay at this hotel, and we were never disappointed. The rooms are very quiet, and all nicely decorated. The friendly staff, the great location, the view during breakfast gives a stay just that bit extra.

Great Place with great warm stuff ,

Nothing At all

Great Place with great warm stuff , It’s very near to all attractions & near Tram station. Staff support me with special request & it was great from them . This place will be always in my Memories If you considering pass by sultanahmet area and looking for hotel , this most be your choice.

Everything is good!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything is good! It deserves 5 star for all aspects. Good location ( very near to the blue mosque ), good room ( very clean and warm ), good service and good people. I had a very good memory there.

Great location, amazing staff, good breakfast
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location of this hotel is very nice, behind Sultanahmet mosque, and there is so many nice restaurants and cafes in the street behind it, Very helpful owner and staff, they gave us very good reviews and informations, clean hotel, has all the toiletries, the breakfast is very good on the rooftop of the hotel, the view from rooftop is amazing, the see on your left side and Sultanahmet & Aya sofia on your right

Nice hotel near Aiasofia and Blue mosque
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I would say comfort 8/10 - not everything is just new, and also I heard everything from the staircase. not sure maybe I am too sensitive, maybe the floors are without carpets and so its louder. But nevertheless, very good place

Nice design, just near the Aiasofia, terrasse with the sea & Blue mosque view Helpful staff, they did their best Good breakfast

I feel like home, my turkish home

So far, nothing :-)

The location is close to Sultan Ahmet, only 5 minutes walking, the rooms are clean and the interior is very comfortable and uniqu. The services are excellent and friendly, especially mr. Ibrahim, he is very helpful during our stayed. The restaurant is located on the roof with stunning views of Bosphorus strait and blue mosque as well.

We liked the hotel very much.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We liked the hotel very much. Comfortable bed and big room with everything we need after the day in Istanbul, free tea and coffee in the lobby, table games, folk dress for free to make photos. Breakfast was good and views from the terrace fantastic. Staff attentive and nice.

UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I wish I could stay longer.

I have never in all my travels encountered staff members, and the owner/manager in particular, more helpful, friendly and engaging. My passport got lost at the airport and the owner didn't leave one stone unturned until he got it back for me: a MIRACLE! The breakfast is outstanding, the matrasses are comfortable, all the little extras and amenities made me feel like a queen. Best area, walking distance to all that Sultanahmet offers.

Best location ever
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was such a great little charming hotel in the nicest location in the "old town". Only a few steps from many major places of interest. The terrass is the best of it all!

Nice and comfortable stay in Istanbul
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There were some technical difficulties with the wifi connection. Only the last day we could properly use the wifi in the rooms, besides the lobby.

The staff is very friendly, the rooms were cleaned properly everyday and the breakfast was good as well. Furthermore, the location of the hotel is also perfect, behind the Blue Mosque!

Beatiful place to stop over, to relax and enjoy the surroundings
    • Standard Triple Room

Charming hotel with spacious rooms and beautiful relaxing view from the balcony. We had a very warm welcome and lots of help and attention from the friendly staff.

Enjoyed the stay. shop owners and locals tourist friendly. Shops and restaurants weren't expensive.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No lift. Didn't study the reviews before booking(my fault). Breakfast provided at the roof which was absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately elderly people might struggle to climb up all the 60+ steps. Electricity was gone for one night(>12hrs). No generator at the hotel for temporary use. One of the reception staff probably needs more hospitality training.

Very close to blue mosque, aya Sofia and topkapi palace. Close to lot of shops and street restaurants. Walkable distance to Arasta market. Quiet.

Spent one night in Istanbul with my younger sister since our transfer flight got delayed.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel was just GREAT! Room was cosy, nicely decorated and very clean and we even had our own bathrobes! I didn't expect that since the hotel is quite small so it was a wonderful surprise! It is close to Blue Mosque but on a quiet street so we got a good night's sleep. Many attractions are within walking distance. View from the roof terrace over the Bosphorus is beautiful! Staff was polite and helpful. We stayed only one night and left really early in the morning so we didn't have a chance to try the breakfast. I have zero complaints about the place and I would definitely come again!

Angel's Home Hotel in May 2017
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Answering the question about our native country (Ukraine) we had the notice from personnel, that Ukraine and Russia are the same and it didn't matter. It was their obsessive opinion as the administrator told this twice.

Excellent breakfast on the terrace, very polite personnel, comfortable and clean apartment. The hotel is very close to Aya Sophia, Blue Mosque and other places of sightseeng. Our rest here was perfect!

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

After a week we are still under impression!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

As you know hotel is one of the most important pieces of an impression from the city. It was our first time in Istanbul. Such a great week from 15th of March to 22nd. Amazing staff was ready for all our questions and requests. For my smoking mother we had a separate balcony. Also breakfast was included and it was AWESOME because it was full of vegetables, different kinds of eggs, sweets , coffee, tea and so on!!! The view is breath-taking and all the sightseeing around! If one day we come to Istanbul again (of course we will coz the city is huge and we still haven't seen a lot) we certainly will come to the one and only Angel's Home Hotel! <3

Good personal.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not the best quality of bathroom. Soap and shampoo in my room was look very old

Good personal. Very nice view from terrace and very comfortable location. Good wifi connection

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Great hotel in a fantastic city
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was quite limited, toaster wasn't very good.

Excellent location of the hotel, views from the terrace were great. Staff friendly and helpful, comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Perfect location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location was perfect for walking distance to attractions area. Staff are good and helpful, giving me much information about where to go and how. Completely comfortable to stay the room was very clean and bathroom too. I like the rooftop with beautiful view of blue mosque. Highly recommended and definitely will come back. Thank you Angel's Home Hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

VERY HAPPY COUPLE
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing... I was happy with everything

I liked everything.. the staff were very friendly and we felt completely at home and comfortable.. the room was beautiful and the shower was a fantastic rain shower.. we had lovely complimentary coffees every day in a very comfortable lounge setting.. everything was just perfect.. thank you so much angel home.. we will definetly be back 😊

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Great Location Dangerous Room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The ceiling in the room we got is pretty low, I and my wife banged our heads on it countless times and she got a very bad bump that lasted for 2 weeks.

Location and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Good location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good location. The view from the rooftop terrace where they serve breakfast is spectacular. The neighborhood is peaceful and quiet, probably the only peaceful and quiet area of Istanbul.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Amazing place for it's value!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi connection is poor, signal disappearing all the time or there's no speed. Would me much better if there were water-pipe to smoke in the lounge on the rooftop.

Convenient location, in the heart of amazing cozy streets behind the Blue Mosque. Incredible views all around from the dining and lounge area on the rooftop! Small hotel feels like home:-) Tasty, full breakfasts. Nice and helpful staff. Room and washroom was clean.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Great quiet location in the heart of Istanbul
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There are a lot of stairs and no lift. Breakfast is on the 5th floor!

Location perfect, just minutes from the Blue Mosque and other tourist sites. Friendly welcome, room and bathroom clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good and plentiful.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

There is no lifts.

There is no lifts.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Very friendly staff

Very friendly staff

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast need more varieties but acceptable

Location Staff especially the hotel owner Cleaning

Very slow WiFi connection !
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very slow WiFi connection !

Extra all
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

All the best. Owner, location, staff, hotel extraordinary

excelent choise
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the location, hotel and cleaning

Most enjoyable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location and friendly staff

Great place to stay in Istabul. Wonderful location

Comfortable room. Great location. Excellent staff

Good stay, going back soon. Love the area.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nice clean hotel, great location. Going back for six days later this month. Helpful staff.

Beautiful Istanbul
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location was excellent and the hotel had an easy family feel

Nothing. But you need to be fit to climb to roof terrace for breakfast

I didn’t like the hotel and the staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff is rude and the hotel is not clean room service

It’s is not clean I didn’t tecommended it at all Staff is rude

Stuff is excellent, very clean, unique and cozy design and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Stuff is excellent, very clean, unique and cozy design and excellent location. Next time we are in Instanbul we will stay in Angels Home for sure !

the worst hotel i've ever stayed
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

First of all, the hotel owner should change his attitude towards the guests. I have never in my life seen such a mean person.

i did not like anything

We did not enjoy our stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff are not very welcoming

Clean room and complete toiletries

Nice Hotel

Nice log

Nice Hotel

The people were amazing
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The people were amazing Public transport awesome Food Devine Shopping never ending

• Standard Triple Room

Lack of elevator, parking garage and cash payment.

Facilitate an escalator given the building has 4 floors.
    • Connected Family Suite with private Hammam

Facilitate an escalator given the building has 4 floors. We have stayed for 10 nights, the bathroom was not cleaned on daily basis.

Comfortable for short stay ..
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast .. No extra child beds ..

Location .. Terrace view .. Staff

Very clean place.
    • Standard Triple Room

Very clean place. Very comfortable beds. Excellent location, 5 min walk from Sultan Ahmet and Aya Sofia Mosque. Colorful neighborhood.

I enjoyed my stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The roof of the room is not comfortable

The place really amzing , and with very friendly and helpful...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The place really amzing , and with very friendly and helpful staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Internet speed approached 0.

This is an extraordinary place. We enjoyed our stay a lot. Fantastic location + great staff + nice breakfast.

Short trip

breakfest is so cold

breakfest is so cold

Friendly staff, very clean rooms and fantastic location only 5 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque.

Awesome

Prices of the food

Best value for money. Very comfortable environment

Very clean room.
    • Standard Triple Room

Very clean room. The staffs are friendly and helpful.

A simple,comportable,and accessible

A simple,comportable,and accessible

Great location, and a cozy hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Cozy hotel, with a good location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A little bit noisy from the street

Convenient. All places of interest are 7 min. Wonderful terrace for tasty breakfast. Helpful staff

Browse Angel's Home Hotel traveller photo gallery