Reviews of Ankara HiltonSA 5 stars

Tahran Caddesi No:12, 06700 Ankara, Turkey

#102 of 173 hotels in Ankara

• Twin Guest Room

I book room for 3 person and on photos have 2 beds . one in big and another for one person but they give to us normal room with extra bed and they said we don't have room for 3 person normally

pool was great

• Twin Guest Room

The attitude of reception officials was not friendly and polite at the time of arrival.

As i said before, i needed a room on the top floor,but they did not want to give us the floor at the entrance and hardly did it!! Also, The room that we requested was twin( one double bed+ one single bed),, but they gave us one standard room for two persons!!( it just has one double bed) When we protested,then they brought an extra bed in the room ! Of course there was not enough room for this bed.. So our place was very small 😞

• Deluxe Twin Room

The equipment in the bathroom is outdated and not fully functional. Дизайн лобі та ресторану не створює відчуття комфорту.

For breakfast, a great selection of dishes, including national ones. And also a lot of sweets and fruits. Relatively quiet location with good panoramic views and the possibility of walks.

• Deluxe Twin Room

With a room at the 16th floor I had to use the elevators a lot and I had to wait few minutes during the peak hours

Hilton quality so no special comments

• King Guest Room

- Inexperienced receptionist - Broken shower head (changed by technician) - First night I received a room with 2 single beds instead of one big master bed (non availability ) - Calculation on lire instead of Euro at the end of my stay so I paid 5 Euros more than what it's mentioned on my booking. - Wifi speed was not at Hilton level

Cleanliness

• Twin Guest Room

Air condition issues ... phone not working .. caharging you commission fees for everything. I guess they wanted to take commission for the air u breathe inside the hotel

• King Guest Room

Unfortunately at the first night, one of the room service staff came into outlr room without permission and it was so frustrating. Furthermore we were sleep in mid-noon when a loud sound of alarm for emergency woke us up and made us run to the doors to escape because we thought it was a terrorist attack at hotel bu later they said it was just a manouver for emergency situations. Mismanagement and highe latency in fullfilment of guest request was so obvious and non acceptable.

• Twin Guest Room

The reception could've been kinder and more accommodating. Asked them what nearby places to see, as i only had a few hours to see Ankara in the late afternoon. They seemed quite uninterested and suggested i go to a shopping mall instead and declared everything too far away. However after taking out a map figured out where to go and managed the taxi myself instead of them ordering one for me. Bit of a downer.

Over all good Hotel. Nice comfortable stay. Perfectly clean rooms.

• King Executive Deluxe Room with Lounge Access

My first experience at the hotel was whilst waiting in line to check in, seeing, and hearing, a front of house staff member have an argument with another employee whilst serving another guest. Very unprofessional. The room was small, having just checked out of Hilton Kayseri which was magnificent, I was disappointed. The shower was ridiculous in that I've experienced better water pressure from a bottle of glass cleaner. Staff are strictly business with guests and not personable at all. Breakfast was very average. To top things off, the hotel taxi that took me from the hotel to the airport ripped me off. A ride which should have cost around 70 liras, cost me 170 liras. The driver clearly knew I was a tourist and took advantage of this. Many tourism sites for Turkey warn of this, however I never expected it to happen with a taxi working for the hotel. I was in Turkey for 5 weeks, and stayed at 8 different hotels around the country during my stay, all of which were fantastic expect for Hilton Ankara.

Location was ideal as it was close to the main strip. Shopping centre close by as well as cafes and restaurants.

• King Executive Deluxe Room with Lounge Access

The male reception check in staff was rash and very unfriendly... I booked for 2-nights in Ankara through Booking.com. Upon arrival, my request to check in for only one night instead in Ankara was rudely turned down. I had a change in schedule which necessitated my proceeding to Istanbul the next morning for meetings. My request for the second night booking to be transferred to any Hilton of similar status in Istanbul was flatly rejected by this same staff. He insisted I MUST pay for 2 nights or go through Booking.com to have it changed since I booked through them. The wifi was poor, it took the help of my host from the CEMSAN group to get through to booking.com and make all the change much later. Though I was refunded the amount paid for the needless second night upon checking out the next morning, it wasn't a pleasant experience for me.

• Deluxe Twin Room

It was overpriced, the staff was not super welcoming. The cleaning products were missing. The room cost extra but was identical to a cheaper room. The carpet in the hallway was gross and stained. Room service was meh. Airport shuttle was either a luxury sedan for 3 people, or a 8-person van. Both were too expensive compared to the taxi cab right outside. Will go with a cheaper option next time. This shouldn't be a 5-star hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

was waiting more than 3hrs to get the room, every time that i checked with staff ,only answer has given was room is not ready .they didn't had decency to apologies for delay

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Twin Guest Room

Internet was not dependable at all. I booked thinking spa, hamam pool and gym were available (it says so in web page). They were under renovation and staff was very understanding but they would not refund my money so I could go somewhere else. Rooms were very basic, small and boring. We had dinner at restaurant only one night, it was expensive and not tasty. Our floor was supposed to be non smoking floor, but it was not.We could smell smoke in our bathroom and in our room. There are so many hotel options in neighborhood more reasonable and better. Hamam, spa, gym and pool was important to me, I booked for those amenities. Sadly they were under renovation but they would not inform that in their web page.

Location is good, lots of restaurants, bars, shopping. Mattress and bedding was fine but they gave us room which was part of family suit and beds were small. Our room was at 12th floor so view was good, loby was good.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Queen Family Room

Breakfast selection could have been better, but all food on offer was good, fresh and plentiful

Friendly and helpful staff even at 2 in the morning due to flight delays

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Twin Guest Room

- swimming pool and gym are closed till march! And they do not mention about it on booking.com. And on their web site they say that they are "upgrading health club". Well, to me completely closed is very different from upgrading! - I ordered room service- "chicken curry" and it was awful; - no wine glasses in the room; - no bathrobe.

- reception is helpful and friendly as usually; - quick check in and check out; - they fixed wi fi, works perfectly now; - cleaners do excellent job!

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

staff at reception not as warmly as i thought but they did their job best

resturant kindly environment specially for dinner with polite &debonairly waiters best breakfast design of hotel very respectful chambermaid

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Queen Family Room

I had to wait for two hours before I checked into my room & reception was not friendly at all .l

Actually nothing , I am an airline pilot for 40 years & I have been to many good hotels & I have never been this much disappointed of a hotel .

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Twin Guest Room

Staff took a lot of time to check us in. Although I am a head in line with a group of Turkish and non Turkish people, receptionist checked in Turkish people first.

Hotel facilities, especially the room.

• Twin Guest Room

Automated minibar sucks, it had been locked itself unexpectedly when we were in the room. Chairs at breakfast saloon were not comfortable.

Sauna was clean and ready at any time. Bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Beautiful hotel in great location. Felt totally at ease and every single member of staff had a smile on their faces and could not do enough for you. Travelling back through Ankara in a month and will be staying again.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• King Guest Room

Bath essentials were quite limited for our stay we were two but all the needed essentials were for single person. Also I could not find at all the basic needs such shoe cleaners, polishers etc. Parking facility was OK but surprise to learn that Hilton do not preserve any parking lot for their customers and I need to pay fee !

Location was good for me to reach the area that I wanted to be. Bad and pillow was confortable.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• King Guest Room

No spa which is a shame in an hotel of this category. Room service menu limited. Internet connection not secure.

Great location, quiet ande nice view from the room. Good breakast, comfortable bed and good quality toiletries.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• King Guest Room

always problem with registration trough Ostrovok, they dont see my booking, through booking.com, what is 15 euro more expensive- but never problem like this, hotel put there products in my fridge, it i want put my product- i need or pay extra 50tl-15 euro to free my fridge, or if i take away some hotels product- it is automatic charge from my credit card. they forgot took deposit, and start call me at 6am, for immediately bring them after 5 days my staying. they had my card but at 6am they decide take cash deposit. every day they block my minibar, i need call every time and ask unblock and wait 20 min to take my yogurt. in 5 star hotel they give for two person 5mgr shampoo and 5 milligramm shower gel,it is enough only wash hand, not body at all, no condit for hair... for other- bathrobe, sleepers, garbage packets,cotton disk, etc you have to call and ask 30 min- because nobody speaks English at room made department. very bad internet, not possible watch movie or use skype, expensive breakfast 25 euro, in Hilton Izmir it is just 10.

russian tv, nice girl at reception, Tunalli street with fantastic open buffet in Elizinn cafe, good view, big pool with open terrace for sunbath

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Twin Executive Deluxe Room with Lounge Access

it was informed that the rate for one week stay was 786 euros but the hotel charged me for over one thousand euros which is a scandal for Hilton Hotel and I was surprised for the big lie they told every one!!!!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

That in a Five Star Hotel at a touristic location not one staff could speak english properly

The location of the property was perfect with all ammenities in its surrounding.

Food menu few options

Executive floor

P

• Twin Guest Room

Air conditioning didn’t come to expectations , should be improved

• Queen Family Room

Water pressure is bad , furniture is old

Location , value for money, suit size

• Twin Guest Room

Breakfast could have been much better, no nuts,no salmon

All of them

Liked everything

Staff

• King Guest Room

Bathroom didn't have enough material.

The bed was comfortable

• Twin Guest Room

Old, need to be renovated.

• King Guest Room

1.key card was bad and not comfort 2.Attitude of staf in recrption wsa not wtith good respect.

It is god.

A great stay in Ankara. Central location and relaxing

• Twin Guest Room

Location, hotel facilities, swimming pool and specialy breakfast !!💕

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

I i liked big room

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

none

yes i like it

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Twin Guest Room

- There was a serious issue for internet connection. - The swimming pool and sauna was closed for renovation.

- Very nice staff. - Good location.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

Pool was under renovation. housekeeping was not routine and everyday I had to call them.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Twin Guest Room

Breakfast was amazing with six tables of food, all fresh.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• King Guest Room

Overall good experience .... I've extended my stay st the Hilton.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

- Pool was closed - Hotel is OLD

- Location and staff

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Closed pool, low facilities

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• King Guest Room

downtown is very far but mentions near. staff are very

The location is very bad, not easy public transportation. there is no near Restaurant very far.

• King Guest Room

Security wanted sex from guest. From me and my sister....😕

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

Keeping guest long before check inn

I was connected with my family curteasy of the hotel wi fi

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Helpful and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Queen Family Room

Rich breakfeast options, cheerful and effective staff, large rooms, Facilities.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• King Guest Room

The staff were great and helpful and the rooms were clean and spacious, in addition to a great location near city center where everything is nearby.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Twin Guest Room

Rooms are silent and modern

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• King Executive Deluxe Room with Lounge Access

forgatten luggage, keys not working

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Twin Guest Room

staff were not good in english language. we reseved un floor room with access to lounge but we did not recieve the key to lounge

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• King Executive Deluxe Room with Lounge Access

No wifi.staff behavior poor.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• King Guest Room

I think rooms needs to renavating.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Average breakfast

Location Location Location. We were upgraded when our request for inter-connecting rooms was not met.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Twin Guest Room

A number of staff in reservation section had not a good Inappropriate treatment

the breakfast was very good

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• King Guest Room

But wi fi connection was terrible

All was fine

• King Guest Room

Stayed here for years and top staff and hotel facility.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• King Guest Room

Restaurant was not available for a day due to maintenance.

Very quite. Especiall relaxing music in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• King Junior Suite with Lounge Access

Shower, bed.

Location and staff

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• King Guest Room

furniture old stile not updated

breakfast is very good

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• King Guest Room

Nice pool, and big and luxury lobby

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• King Guest Room

Poor wifi signal in our room and it the lobby.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Twin Guest Room

Mini bar Facturation incorrecte !

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Breakfast staff was poor

very clean,breakfast is very good

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Furnishing is old

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

The worst Hilton ever They change our reservation

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

Can't think of anything

Fantastic service, wonderful breakfast selection and overall a really lovely hotel with friendly staff. Let Ali at the "Dear" Salon take care of your hair, he can work magic ! Smooth airport transfers, a big help.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2016

I liked absolutely everything

- Nice location, near Tunali street - friendly and helpful reception - great breakfast - clean swimming pool - comfortable bed and pillows

There are also 79 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Ankara HiltonSA traveller photo gallery