Reviews of Hotel Aslan Istanbul 3 stars

#384 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Staffs were amazing!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was tiny and there was not air conditioner in the bathroom so it smells a little bit.

Staffs were amazing! Very kund and friendly, very helpful and nice 😍😍👌 the location was very good, ery closed to the historical zoon. The breakfast location was awesome with a sea view!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Location very good,staff friendly
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is old,soo... all it's old !Bedding and towels unchanged ofter the last occupation of the room,in my case i asked for their change but they preffered to change the room,but here also the pillowcase was dirty and broken !

Location very good,staff friendly

The hotel is very nice.

The hotel is very nice. The people how run the business are extraordinary...You will feel home...in a family you did not now you had but you feelt it always.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

My wife and I enjoying to stay more in this hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything in this hotel is wonderful, nothing to complained of.

The location, staff, room, everything in this hotel is wonderful. Front desk people are so friendly and helpful. Location is in the center of all historical places in Istanbul. Room is so nice and comfortable and prices are reasonable for the this location. Breakfast offer you a very delicious food, as well a nice view to Bosfor. I’ll reserve this hotel for al my visites to Istanbul in future, as well I’ll recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Ideal location, small room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the room was very very small, actually it was the smallest hotel room I have ever seen, you can barely move there, when we asked to change the room with bigger size the price was higer more than triple times, because of the room size we had to change the whole hotel, also there is no boiler in the room you cannot make your own tea, the furniture was old, and th breakfast was very poor..

great ideal location, very near to everything, the shops and restaurants in the street stay open till morning , any time you pass this street there are lights and movement, for transportation you need to walk almost 7_10 minutes to reach the tram station, but it's a nice walk in a historical place. the room was very quiet with good sound proof and insulation, very very helpful staff, nice hospitality, the roof terrace was small and cozy like a private balcony, you feel your self like you are in home more than a hotel. with such price it's recommended ..

The owners and staff are very helpful and welcoming.

The owners and staff are very helpful and welcoming. Very nice to talk with. Location in walking distance from Blue Mosque, Aghia Sofia, Topkapi palace, Grand Bazar, walkway alongside Bosporus and close by trams/trains. Good information upon sightseeing and getting around. Breakfast wonderful with juices, cereals, cakes, eggs, choice of bread, cheese, olives etc. etc. Delicious coffee. Rooms were comfortable and very well cleaned every morning.

It is a very good location for a city break accomodation
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is a little bit small and needs renovation. But it is quiet and clean. Air conditioning machine was quite old and makes a lot of noise. Breakfast is the same every day, with very few meat.

Hotel is located 5-7 minutes form Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque. Also very close to public transport. There are a lot of restaurants, shops and super markets in the very close nearby. You can take breakfast and drink a coffee from the terrace with view to Bosporus strength. Staff is very friendly and polite and offers you all the support you need. Thank you for your hospitality!

Perfect plac if you are visiting istanbul for first time!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect for us

It is the best Hotel service EVER. Well located, clean, organized, calm, safe and a very nice staff. A great experience started even before we take our flight. The Hotel managed our airport transfer which was great. The staff is the best i have seen ever. very kind, smiling, and happy to answer any questions. They helped us everyday to plan our tour and provided us with a very detailed istanbul map. Without asking, the owner offered us to stay extra hours with our baby in our room while waiting for the transfer. It is SUPER close (a 5min walk) to the Blue mosque, hagia Sofia, topkapi palace, bazilika cistern and Metro station. The Rooftop restaurant has a beautiful view on sea and also of the Blue mosque. I will absolutely book this hotel in my next visit. Highly recommended.

Proximity to the sites
    • Standard Triple Room

Nothing. The owners have just taken over and as the hotel was fully booked they could not do the work they want to do but they are g tying there. They could not have been nicer.

Proximity to the sites

This place is just awesome !
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This place is just awesome !! The staff are really helpful and friendly! Amazing Location I highly recommend, they gave me some good advice and keep my Luggage for free almost 15 days, I will definitely stay Aslan hotel when I visit Istanbul next time, thank you, miss you guys

Location location location!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room size was very small. Breakfast options could be much better.

Excellent location near most of the historic sites. And friendly staff. With good value for the money.

Amazing staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Amazing staff..the owners were very friendly, great people. Excellent breakfast. We were treated like "sultan". Very good stay, i highly recommend. 5 minutes from touristics places and from metro.

All the staffs are very nice and helpful, especially the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

All the staffs are very nice and helpful, especially the owners of the hotel, they like to chat with the guests. I want to thank for their help since I forgot the passwords of my suitcase, they help me to open it,they are so sincere, will come again.

It's a small family run hotel and they do indeed make...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It's a small family run hotel and they do indeed make you feel like at home. They are so friendly and helping in every way that i don't think this vacation would have been the same if it wasn't for them. Breakfast was fresh and warm and made by a owners lovely wife every morning. Location of the hotel is truly magical,you almost feel as if you were in Otoman empire.

Istanbul....how could you not love it!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was fine for us,regarding our stay! What I didn’t like was how Booking.com took €50 off the hotel charge... far to steep in my opinion! I’ve used them hundreds of times...but I will look at contacting my future accommodation choices directly from now on!!

A pleasant stay at a family owned and run hotel meters from the two grandest mosques and other historic attractions. Amira,Adam & Amir were wonderful,helpful hosts, and each morning we enjoyed breakfast prepared by Amira, overlooking the Bosphorus .....glorious! This family has only recently taken over Hotel Aslan and are working to put their own stamp on it. A few of the larger rooms have been beautifully redecorated, a promise of things to come!😃..The remainder are still to be done. However, whilst basic and not large, they are clean, with comfortable beds and decent towels. Glamourous or glitzy, this place is not...but it is filled with kind, wonderful owners and staff ( Dinara, deserves a special mention) who help make a stay in Istanbul just that little bit more special!! Value for money 💵... hard to beat!

Lovely lokated and Very friendly and helpful staff wil improve the hotel to a wnderful place to stay
    • Standard Triple Room

We had room 401 that’s the most noisy room in the hotel directly at the stairs to the topfloor were the breakfast is being setup from seven and served from eight and all geust passes youre door to go there

The breakfast is okay but not over the top, in the texts on booking you read all non alcoholic drinks included,but there are no softdrinks,wealchair friendly that’s not treu. But absolutely good lokation near bleu mosk an the rest is on walking distance

Friendly staff, clean and very comfortable!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I arrived at 4am and the staff were so helpful both then and the next day when I asked to keep my bag there. The room was spacious and very comfortable.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was very poor, considering turkish breakfasts are very consistent. No fruits, no fresh squized juice, just cheap and distasteful products. The room was very small.

tasty breakfasts at the roof terrace, brilliant view from...
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

the safe didn’t work and was not repaired during all our stay. also, someone from hotel staff cancelled my appointment at Booking.com, so that I could not evaluate my stay when the safe box problem appeared. some lamps didn’t work, balcony door didn’t close.

tasty breakfasts at the roof terrace, brilliant view from hotel room, some managers are guest-friendly

Fantastic location and wonderful hospitality
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A charming, family run hotel in perfect location! The hotel owners are the most wonderful hosts I have ever met during my numerous travels. Greeting everyone with a smile and always ready to help, give advice or just to have a chat they show what true hospitality is, making the guest feel really special. The very clean rooms are comfortable although not big. Beds are comfortable. Breakfast, served on a nice terrace overlooking Bosfor, is rich and very tasty. The hotel is just three minutes from Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia and not much further from Topkapi Palace. We loved Hotel Aslan for everything, especially its atmosphere and will certainly come back to stay there on next trip to Istambul.

Not a good Hotel to stay.. very average..but location is a plus
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room does not have a Plug points near the bed, TV does not work.. too small Toilets ( you cant fir in while taking bath). Do not believe in their pictures. They promised to book a private transfer( inspite of we asking for a Taxi to the Airport) in Merc Benz, but when arrived we got a Non-AC Van ( 10+seats) for 4 of us, very poor quality, becasue we ran out of options in the lat minute, we took it.. We have been asked to pay at the reception for the Private Transfer before the pick up reaches the Hotel. Very Bad...sure its a SCAM, also they recommended the Restaurant ( Doy-Doy) worst of all in Istanbul, pl. stay away...do not take any recommendation fro the Reception.

Breakfast was ok...Room location is best in terms or major attractions.

Everything is really good!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was one day that the staff cleaned my room but forgot to lock the door hahahahaha

Everything is really good! Good location with a super nice view! Warm-hearted staff!

Please fulfill all your dreams Adam I wish you all the best
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Family hotel, in heart of Istanbul - I wish everyone to get the feeling I got, my dream was to see the city but I feel in love with it. I do recommend to visit this hotel and to compare ....

Nothing everything in the hotel was excellent and really...
    • Deluxe Family Room

Nothing everything in the hotel was excellent and really thanks for all staff was there specially who is making the breakfast.... Thanks a lot appreciate.... I hope everyone try to visit Turkey and staying in this hotel....

A traditional Turkish experience, in the heart of the old city
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We really appreciated the hospitality. The staff was really helpful and made us feel welcome. If you intend to do a city tour, check with personnel and they will help you to find the best option.

we will never stay and recommend this hotel again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No balcony; the room was extremely tiny - no room for anything including the laggage( on the contrary of the photos on your site); no TV, Wi Fi very bad; cleaning is not every day; poor breakfast( on the contrary of the photos on your site); the staff stops the heating without our permission; on the site has been written that it is possible to have lunch and dinner for 15 euros per person but they refused to have such an option; the hotel was being painted during our stay and smell was unpleasant

loction only

It was amazing experience to stay at Aslan Hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staying at Aslan Hotel was the best thing ever that happened to me in Istanbul. I was astonished at the friendliness and hospitality of the Hotel's owner, Mr. Adam, his wife, Mrs. Adam and Mr. Ammar. I would never choose to stay at any other hotel as the family running the hotel made me feel at home. Thank you Adam, Amina and Ammar for making me feel part of your family Afaf

Excellent, friendly, caring, helpful attention that really makes a difference to ones trip
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The attention was the best I have ever received in a hotel. Warm, helpful, concerned over ones needs. Always going the extra mile to be of service. Even providing a surprise birthday cake for my daughter. Wonderful!!

This hotel is a catcher especially given its price
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn't mind that but you shouldn't expect the typical all you can eat breakfast you may be used to in more international hotels. The breakfast was good though.

Hotel is ideally located a 2mn walk from the Hagya Sofia cathedral/mosq and 5 minutes walk from Topkapi palace. Ayoub and Assef at the reception are very professional, kind, resourceful and helpful Hotel price is cheap The view on the rooftop is beautiful (the sea on one side and the mosq on the other side) The breakfast is ok

The host Eyup was one of the nicest hotel personnel I have...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was not properly cleaned, there was a lot of hair under the blanket, as if the sheets were never changed. The air conditioning unit had a lot of dust on the inside, so when we switched it on all the dust felt on the pillows. The TV remote was extremely covered with grease, very dirty.

The host Eyup was one of the nicest hotel personnel I have ever encountered. He did his best to help us with everything, he is a very nice guy and the only reason I would recommend this hotel is to interact with him! Location - 10/10 Reception & Breakfast - 10/10 Personnel - 10/10

Overall not bad.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was much smaller compared to pictures The refrigirator im rhe room did work. I took private car for airport transfer but driver went back to airport halfway through to oick another passanger yet i was asked to share the cost even when i was told that there will be no extra cost

Staff was cooperative forthcoming

Very friendly staff, in particular Mr.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Small standard dlouble room with little space for the luggage, but good quality for money.

Very friendly staff, in particular Mr. Eyüp, who was very helpful, providinng useful informations about touristic places in the area, good restaurants, transportation posibilities, suggestion about way to spend better our holidays in Istanbul. Good breakfast, on thee terrace with Marmara sea view and Blue Mosque view. Very clean, the towels were changed every day. The location is great, at 5-10 minutes walking to most visited touristic objectives in the heart of istoric Istanbul.

Very nice hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very nice hotel with a very good location , excellent staff espicially ( Eyup & Erken ) very helpfully & friendly .. rooms are very clean and quiet ....fair price ....I recommend it ....

Not recommended
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Tiny, old and unconfortable rooms. The room description isnt accurate as it doesnt has 20 m2 - actually 13 m2 maximum. Our first room was dark, moldy and had a window towards a messy storage place. After asking for a change, we received another teeny room with a window to the street. The shower has no curtains or doors therefore the water runs everywhere in the bathroom furthermore it has no support to be used as a proper shower so one has to handle it and shower at the same time. We stayed 3 nights as it was not possible to cancel the reservation. Then we moved to another hotel, 100 mts far and 2 euros more expensive with aircon, larger, newer and cleaner room. The best days in Istanbul.

The staff is gentle and breakfast in the terrace is nice. The hotel location is good - however the street of stones is quite irregular and difficult in case of luggage on wheels. But we dont recommend it at all.

Pleasant and reassuring.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

In the price given, nothing could have been better. Only that, I didn't like the idea of charging prior to my arrival as I had given a free cancellation offeri

The behaviour of the staffs were excellent especially Ayub and Erkhan. I would be even better if Istanbul passes were sold from the hotel and the advantages explained. I would love to be there again.

The helpdesk was very friendly, location is very good, tras ...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Shower in the bathroom have no door so water come all around the wc and hand wash area , aircondition noise special at night, out dubble bed was 2 seprate bed joint together as a one 2 person bed so it was not comfortable..

The helpdesk was very friendly, location is very good, tras was very nice

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

- good location

- small rooms - old furniture - hostel/ 2* bathrooms - poor choice of breakfast

- good location - very helpful and nice staff - good and comfortable bed - nice views from the rooftop

It was simple and comfortable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast is very simple

The staff was very polite and nice, and the terraces of the hotel had a beautiful view of the sea, we were very pleased with Mr. Ayub, because he was very polite and very friendly and warmly welcomed, thanks.

Very convenient location if you are planning on visiting historic sites.
    • Deluxe Suite with Sea View

Very convenient location if you are planning on visiting historic sites. We could reach Blue Mosque in less than 5 mins. Good food options and bazaar very close along with a store located less than a minute away where we could get soda, and other everyday items. Tour suggested by Eyup (manager) was very nice. We also enjoyed the rooftop complimentary breakfast.

Great 4 days in Istanbul
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

At the moment there were some underground construction that interfere with the local internet providers.

The view from the restaurant. Very clean. Good location.

Aslan Hotel ; Warm hospitality and warm stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I did't rememmber if I did't like something !

Very warm hospitality from stuff especially Mr.eyup , he was very helpful in reservation of phosphorus cruise and princess island tour , also give us recommendation for fish restaurants and all bazaars of Istanbul plus how to get there , he was very good man and his hotel was very near from the famous places of Istanbul such as : sultan Ahmed mosque , Aya shopia and Topa kapi palac , just 5 min walk may be less .

Not what I expected at that price.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was very small (we booked a double standard one). Is not 20 mp, like is said in the add, is max 10 square feet. The furniture is very old and we had to put one chair in the closet and other pieace of furniture in the bathroom in order to have some space for our luggage. The breakfast was barely ok (not like is was presented in the pictures), the lady who made the omlets didn't know how to cook. The non alcoholic drinks were wather, instant coffee and tea. The terrace is very dirty. The pillows and the mattress of rocker and the tables were full of pickets and we found a peach bulb that has been there for at least a week. Nothing like the pictures. Such rooms and facilities were at a much lower price in other hotel in the same area.

It's very close to the Blue Mosque, there is a small bazar, lots of restaurants. The Grand Bazar is at 15 min walk. You also can walk to Eminomu to take the ferry to the asian side of the town or to see Buyukada (there is a very nice cliff with lots of restaurants). The cost to Buyukada and back by ferry is 15 tl/pers, so you can sail the Bosphorus realy cheap compared to cruises (at least 25 eur). In the room was clean, the towels were changed every day. WiFi ok.

I liked the location, the cleanliness of the rooms, the...
    • Standard Triple Room

I liked the location, the cleanliness of the rooms, the quietness of the place and what I liked and the view from the roof of the hotel (the terrace)

Eyüp was very kind and friendly!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Eyüp was very kind and friendly! He was really polite with us and everything was perfect. The room was perfect and the breakfast great. We like the location of the hotel, perfect location it's near to everything.

Eyüp and Arkan were very kind and friendly!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Eyüp and Arkan were very kind and friendly! They were really polite with us and everything was perfect. I would like to came back to the hotel and I strongly recommend it.

People from thé réception were very friendly and polite and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

People from thé réception were very friendly and polite and they also made thé breakfast for us to take away to thé airport because we left early. Thé room was perfect and the breakfast gréat. Excelente attention and Nice people

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Mr. Ayoub is a very helpful guy
    • Deluxe Family Room

hotel is very comfortable and quiet, and Mr. Ayoub was very helpful for every thing we need in every time, we like the location of the hotel, perfect location its near to every thing.

Location is fantastic , just few minutes walking from main...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location is fantastic , just few minutes walking from main attractions in Sultanahmet district ; super markets and variety of restaurants available just downstairs But aside from the location stuff were super ; They are helpful , friendly , offered us an upgrade of our room for free and always try to support. Moreover, they accept to store our luggage for few days until we came back to Istanbul. View from roof terrace is very nice, Internet connection is super and always working without a single issue.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Aslan, Turkish word for lion :)
    • Deluxe Family Room

The breakfast could be a little better. Suggested a traditional Turkish breakfast, which would be pleasant on the terrace. I pointed out that the lobby have a couple of unfortunate pictures, which the Manager said he consider worth the owner changing.

The hotel is located right beside the Arasta bazaar and the side of the Sultan Ahmet mosque. It is therefore brilliantly located for exploring all the historical sites. It's a lovely hotel decorated in a traditional Turkish style. The best thing about the hotel is Eyup the Manager who was always welcoming and helpful and eager to hear about ways to make our stay and the hotel better. I enjoyed learning about Turkish history and culture from him.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Not bad hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Some of the rooms are tiny size and old stuff. Some of AC in old rooms is not heating well. DON'T PAY FOR ANY TRIP TO THE HOTEL BECAUSE YOU'LL WASTE YOUR MONEY. TV is very small with only Turkish channels.

The staff was helpful, especially Mohammed Mohammed he was a very very helpful, honest, kind man. He is doing his best to get all the guests satisfied. He is trying to guide you to the right places. He gave me another big room with very comfortable affairs because I was not comfortable from the first one. The hotel is very near to most of the places and tram away.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

I liked everything Mr Ayub and mr Mehmet are very good...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I liked everything Mr Ayub and mr Mehmet are very good managers they treated us like family and gave extra favours. I will recommend to stay here and donot go anywhere else, everything is very near to the place as described. I will like to thanks again for making my trip memorable and for my family

Wonderful stay.
    • Deluxe Suite with Sea View

The staff was very friendly and are ready to assist us at all time. They guided us on where to go and how to navigate. Our stay was very short but was vary pleasent. Ee would definitely consider thus hotel in our next visit.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Excellent trip
    • Standard Triple Room

First of all, I would like to thank Mr. Eyup tosun and Mr. Mehmet, for their disponibilities, kindness, profesionalism and attention. The hotel is great, nearby the SultanAhmet bleu mosquee, Aya Sophia and Topkapi. You are almost 6mn walking from SultanAhmet, 9mn from Aya Sophia and 10mn from Topkapi. The breakfast was excellent I am very greatfull for the service and for the property . The trip was excellent, I will come back for sure and at aslan hotel. Thank you Mr. Eyup and Mehmet

breakfast is good。
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

breakfast is good。staff are very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

location & Price

location & Price

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The staff they were very nice and the location of the hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Small rooms and the breakfast was not I expected

The staff they were very nice and the location of the hotel

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Very clean and proper.

Great staff, always nice and helpful! Great location. Very clean and cozy.

The location is just perfect.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location is just perfect. The staff was very polite and they explained to us everything about Istanbul. No doubt ... we will be back !!

Nothing to say more than the staff and owner if this hôtel ...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing to say more than the staff and owner if this hôtel are AMAZING. location is the best in Istanbul. Hôtel a vivement recommander

Location was great and stuff is fantastic
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Sometimes bad smell in the bathroom but could be from the weather changes

Location was great and stuff is fantastic

All is good

Good location, staff, clean

Staffs are so kind

Staffs are so kind

Helpful staff and good location. Overall a good stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms are too small. Tea & Coffee not available at room.

Staff courtesy

Comfortable stay

The staff

very good location

Friendly staff. Comfortable room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nice environment, great location, I recommend it.

Positioned very close to important Istanbul objectives. A fabulous breakfast.
    • Standard Triple Room

Great people. Pay attention to guests' needs. I have no words of praise for them. Pay special attention to accommodated tourists.

Location is good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms were to small and they don't even have a kettle in the room.

Location is good. But so are just other properties.

Staff

Staff

ดี

Good bed ,good location

Friendly atmosphere and caring people

Very Nice location

Excellent hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was my second visit to the same hotel and I do recommend it to everyone. Very nice stuff and management very helpful.

Everything was excellent.

I will definitely stay in this hotel again when i visit Istanbul and will recommend for others
    • Standard Triple Room

I stayed with my family and 2 children. We liked the location, the staff was great and cleanliness was just perfect.

Nice Location

Nice Location

great location and great people!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

great location and great people! made our stay the best possible! they helped us with everything issue came up, by heart! totally recommend it

Browse Hotel Aslan Istanbul traveller photo gallery