Reviews of Avantgarde Hotel Taksim 4 stars

Abdulhakhamit Sok. No: 40-42 Talimhane Taksim, Beyoglu, 34437 Istanbul, Turkey

#524 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Deluxe Triple Room

Only one thing was really annoying is the music and loud coming from a nearby café. This was heard till 3 AM.

The Hotel location was very good, walking distance to Taksim Square. The room was clean with comfortable beds. But what was really amazing about our stay is the very professional and nice approach of the Hotel Personnel and specifically the front desk employees namely Mr Rahim: Always smiling, very friendly and ready to support. We felt like we were home :-)

• Deluxe Triple Room

I stayed there for 7 nights , everything was super good Clean rooms , delicious breakfast The chef was super kind I asked him to do a plate which I tried before The next day , the same plate I liked was made for me Staff are so kind , gentle, helpful Care about ur safe Give me a lot of information about places , transportation, prices Rashim (reception night shift ) cares about my safe if I come late And when I felt sick because of the weather he sent to the room twice a hot drinks & fruits

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Disadvantage 1. There was a stain on the bed sheet and also on the towels Which is a little bit discussed from what you see 2. the AC‏ was down and not cooling the room 3. The toilet seat seems to be very old and should be replaced . 4. The furniture should be all replaced because it overused . 5. The cleaning staff was noisy in the morning they keep talking non stop even though they know that we are sleep . 6. Main doors does not have noise cancelation so you could hear the loud door shut from the neighbor rooms . 7. Our room have 2 rooms inside but the split room cannot be closed because there id no lock for it . I wish the owner of the hotel could hear me or at least read what am writing PLEASE RE FURNITURE THE HOTEL ALL .

First of all I would like to thanks Mr Rasheem for his gentle behaviour toward the guest and also Mr salami for the great hospitality that they provide for us .. There is advantage and disadvantage of this hotel first I will start with the advantage of the hotel The hostility they provide was really amazing they offered us a free breakfast even our room was not ready because we came in earlier than the scheduled appointment They offer a free breakfast every morning during our stay even we booked our room without a breakfast that was really generous of them . After we get in the room they bring us plate full of fruit and say that it was from the hotel management I was really surprised by how was their kindness hospitality of them .

• Deluxe Triple Room

For the price you pay the hotel is very good. If something bothers you while your stay - talk to the staff they will fix.

- Extremely generous and courteous staff, the night manager Rashim was very helpful, gave good suggestions and tips. - The Location was perfect, 150m from the shuttle bus to and from the airport. - Very short 5min walk to Taksim square. - The turn over/bedding service was efficient - Breakfast was good and pleasant. - Its important talk to the staff if something is bothering you, they are very helpful and will try their best to resolve your issues. If you are sensitive to sound request the hotel to arrange a room that does not face the street.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

room very small the floor very dirty not stander 4 star **** too much noisy .

Mr Rashim reception very nice and kind staff he even offer to upgrade to me for next time and the toilet very clean .

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like that we have a sharing balcony with other rooms and we need to wear bonnet to swim in the pool

To be honest like the room so much they upgraded our room and give us complementary breakfast.. the staff are so amazing. Front desk team didn’t hesitate to assist us whenever is needed and the farewell of one of the staff felt so genuine .. the chef in breakfast is so cheerful and helpful. I loved everything and for sure I recommend it and i will comeback very soon

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

AC system wasn’t working on cold mode at this time of the year, however, they made it up to me with a fan and a free fruit basket!

Staff are great, offered a free upgrade to breakfast and a larger room which was nice. Great location.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

If you try to ask for taxi to the airport they will recommend their own ''friends'' and fix the price but once you are in the taxi the driver will always ask for more claiming that he has to share the fee with the hotel staff. They must fix this issue by providing shuttle service.

As a return customer they will upgrade your room and include complimentary breakfast at no additional charge. Very respectful and helpful.

• Deluxe Triple Room

The location is v good,all employees speak English , the help, hospitality and kindness we received ( especially from Rasheem )was outstanding.Will definately choose again the same hotel .

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bed sheets had blood, the toom had a bad smell and the bathroom door doesn't close and the hotel tried to charge me for something I didn't drink from the room fridge but in the end I didn't pay, room view wasn't nice too

• Family Room

dirty rooms, and cleaning wasn't done properly . room pictures were too good while booking but the hotel and in reality it was poor small dirty rooms and construction infront of the hotel had made our movement impossible

staff was too good especially Rashim made great efforts to make our stay worthwhile and islam was very courteous and helpful also ..staff is great for sure

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The old branch of avantgarde hotel was too bad

At the begining, I was at the old branch of Avantgarde hotel taksim which was very bad, old hotel, too noisy, dirty carpet, old furniture, bad smell at the recption, smelly and small toilet, and a dark room. BUT the manager at that hotel was too nice and took me to the new branch of the same hotel and it had a perfect location near taksim squre & the metro. It was a great experience that had clean rooms, comfortable bed, no noise, great furniture and lovely staff. I would stay at this hotel again and everytime I visit istanbul!!

• Family Room

For a 4* hotel, the room was not looking quite as in pics: - the door was very deteriorated - wallpaper was falling off - insufficient towels (we were 4 persons and there were only 2 big towels 2 small ones) - the coffee cups were dirty - dirty carpet - ripped pillowcases - very small tv for a 4 person bedroom and it wasn't working at all - the toilet was very very dirty, the bathroom did not seem cleaned enough (also the shower had some strands of hair that were definitely not ours) - insufficient shower gels/shampoos (for 4 persons only 2 of each were available, which is definitely not acceptable for a 4* hotel) - the room was not cleaned well enough, dust everywhere - there was a prepayment done from my debit card for the 1st night of which I was not informed previously, they only told me after they did this prepayment; was later cancelled because i paid in cash the room but still not acceptable to make payments from my card without noticing me at first - room service has been throwing away some stuff that belonged to us (fruits/baklavas)

- very good positioning in respect to the old city centre and the most famous landmarks (~2 km to Galata Tower, Galata Bridge, Eminonu, etc)

• Family Room

After midnight, music and noise were coming from the clubs facing the hotel.

The staff was so helpful and kind. An Indian guy at reception called Rashim was so kind and helpful and he offered me a room change to avoid the noise in case it is not comfortable due to the noise.

• Family Room

The condition of the room Property was smaller than anticipated. The rooms were in a bad decorative state. Paint scratches and scuffs plenty on some walls. The carpet looked stained and does not give confidence to walk barefoot on. Lifts were busy at times and needed a bit of waiting time

Location walking distance to Taksim and there is a small supermarket right across from it. Plenty of money exchange and food options. Room daily cleaning was good. Breakfast was good but crowded at times. Staff helpful especially Mr. Mehmet despite refusing us later check out!

• Deluxe Triple Room

Breakfast was poor.The carpet in the room was very dirty. we were three people but the services in the room were two, except beds. Every day, the housekeeper shouted at 8:30 in the morning behind the door: housekeeping! housekeeping! everythings were very bad.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The furniture is bit old and the bed mattress was not that comfortable

it was a last minute reservation I wanted to be close to Taksim square. This hotel offered me great location with affordable price.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Housekeeping staff are annoying and insist on knocking the door even if you put "don't disturb" sign or ask them to come later

Great staff Very welcoming Good Food Perfect location Offered me free breakfast for 4 days

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

everything was great. good brealfast. clean, big and comfortable room. very friendly staff. free upgrade to familly room at check-in. free stay till 19 o'clock at departure day. great view of istanbul from my room

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There is no airconditionong in the room as advertised. Despite having windows open, we woke up at night perspiring - didn't have good sleep. (We did have the heating switched off). Next time we will have a rethink about staying in this hotel. On query the Hotel staff admitted about having no airconditioning in the rooms.

Location,,cleanliness,friendly staff. Good variety at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Family Room

Carpet needs to be replaced. as per my arrival, the hotel was at high demand so the room was not ready and i stayed in temporary room however they could able to handle the issue next day.

Location is excellent. stuff is very cooperative. housekeeping is good. Stuff accepted to delay my checkout time till 3:00pm as my flight was at night time.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

You had to pay extra for a swimming pool cap to use the pool.

Hotel is very good in terms of value for money. At the check-in, they offered us complimentary breakfast which was not included in our reservation.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was not very good and the same stuff served everyday as there was no variety offered.

the hotel location was perfect and within walking distance to the main Taksim square.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A bit outdated and dirty carpets. Need for refurbishment. Poor wifi. Backside view not very nice.

Location. Very kind staff. Spa and pool are ok. Nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is very plain, and I do not like it in Turkey without turkish coffee ( kahve sade) Fresh squized orange juice you have to pay, very unusually, and bad. bad choice for European guests

Good wifi, position, close to Taksim

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The SPA is too much expensive.

If you have a business in Taksim, really Taksim square and not Taksim area, here is your place. I have also benefited a discount at my booking. The staff is very helpfull.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Lovely staff , good location, but there was a night club in front of my room I really couldn't sleep

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Twin sharing room is a little small in size

Great location, cooperative staff, clean/comfortable rooms

Nice hotel & friendly staff 👍

• Family Room

Swimming pool not very hygienic

The staff was super (!) kind.

Alles was perfect

De personeel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

prices not suitable for this property breakfast very poor and weak room service wasnt good , taxi service havent ,

silence , location ,

• Deluxe Triple Room

The shisha cafe next door were too loud

The city view was amazing

• Deluxe Triple Room

I never back to this disaster hotel, very rude duty manger, noisy location,

Good breakfast,

• Deluxe Triple Room

Great location good for transport links and attentive staff at reception and breakfast

TV chanel is not good

Big suite

• Deluxe Triple Room

The room was not so much clean , so small , the ac system and the noise outside

Breakfast and the location

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Because of my flight delay and traffic jam my booked room was changed. But everything went good.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Air conditioner made me sick and it wasn't possible to open the window.

It was really clean.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast buffet should have more variety. Room given to us requiring white wash

Close to Taksim Square, many restaurants around

• Connecting Family Room

The room was too small.

Location was fine.

the room is small

near Taksim square & Istiklal street

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not clean and rooms furniture is not good

Mid of taksim close to everything

• Family Room

Housekeeping are very annoying, keep knocking the door to get the room cleaned before 12pm.

Good Staff Comfortable Great Prices

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No price list for the room bar

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Can't be better than that.

I really like the hotel facilities and also staff are really friendly! Receptionist guys always smiling.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Deluxe Triple Room

There nightclub versus my window and it was annoying

the food was WOW The staff are Great and i like the location

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

The room can be cleaner

The location is so near to the place of attractions

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very helpful and friendly staff. Clean room. nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Noisy place Poor air conditioning

Comfy beds Location

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Family Room

Room cleaning, coffe creams and milk not provided sufficiently..

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Small rooms and bathrooms Boring breakfast

Bed was very comfy AC was great Pleasant staff

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

All,but sttaf was perfect

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Was very good and offer us free breakfast

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

Noting

Lucishon

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

staff hospitality Mr. Rashim is the best , comfort , location

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

Friendly staff, great food, clean and comfortable room, 2 mins to Taksim Square

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

Everything was great. Staff are very friendly and helpfull. I had to check out at 4 pm, which has to be 12. So checked out at 4 pm and they didnt charge me. Thank you

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Very friendly staff. I was too early there but no problem the immediately checked an early room for me. I had to check out a bit later, no problem. On short notice i had to clean my suit, immediate action by the reception! The hotel was overall it worth. A no-head-ache-hotel!

• Reviewed: 6 May 2016

The wi-fi: very slow and kept dropping out. Also, the breakfast could do with a few more healthy (fresh) options; the cereal I had was stale and seemed as if it had been sitting there for months.

I was very impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness shown by all staff, particulary the staff on the front desk.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2016

Better internet Wi Fi connection

Rich Breakfast. Special comfortable bed. Big room. Perfect view (8th floor). VERY KIND ALL THE STAFF, especially the Receptionist Mr RASHIM

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

None.

Too much to mention. Overall this was a fantastic experience. The staff are excellent, Rahsim was fantastiv from the first day. Also all other staff were prompt and always so kind. This was for our honeymoon and they made it a very special one. Thank you so much.

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Everything is perfect.

Staff are amazing. Night and day shift. Room upgrade in every time i visit this hotel. Spa team are professional and clean. Location.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2016

I really liked the location of the hotel which is because it's near to taksim square also the staff were very professional and helpful special thanks to mr. Rashim, ilhan and bilal KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS

• Reviewed: 24 February 2016

Everything is amazing

Staff is very welcoming and hotel facilities are clean. They offered me the Suite on the highest floor for the price of normal room and i was given the breakfast for free on this trip. I would like to thank the managment and the amazing staff for all this.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2016

Welcoming stuff, good food in room service, great spa and pool. Nice breakfast. There was incident during my stay, and stuff was more than respondent.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2016

Spa center isn't good. Pool is small. No jakuzzi. Staff are bad, at 21h thay said "it's over for today" beside the working hours till 23h!

Room very nice. Staff good and hostile. Good position, centre of the "european" part.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2016

Stayed for 8 days, loud music from a spot across the street all night until 5am in morning. I was informed that the hotel is working on sound proofing windows facing the street. The carpet in the room needed to be changed, it was old and stained but the staff did a great job of keeping it clean. My room was upgraded on arrival which I appreciated but it was clearly a room that was used by smokers. The smell was pervasive, even with change of linens.

The staff was accomodating. They went above and beyond to cater to us. They were very responsive and friendly. As a group of girls traveling in a city that appeared male dominant(on the surface), we felt like someone was looking out for us e.g. once we hailed a cab from the hotel and the concierge took a picture of the taxi's registration plate, it was very reassuring. The hotel was a good value, it was utilitarian, perfect for our needs, inexpensive and had an excellent location, close to Taksim square and close to the metro.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

The only negative part of my stay ( which is in out of hotel control) was the noice from the arabic night club across the street. We stayed on the 5th floor and still the noice was high

The reception staff are really helpful and professional. They were trying to facilitate our stay with all means. On the first day the room was small so they shifted me to a family size room which was great with a city view. The breakfast buffet was really good with many varieties the spa also was really nice

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

The rooms located to the front of the hotel are not very sound proof to outside noise. The bars/cafes nearby play loud music till early hours of the morning. However, we were able to change rooms on request.

Hotel was of a good standard. Location is fairly central. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a car, and although there was no hotel car park, the staff parked our car in a nearby car park. Breakfast is extra, which we didnt book, but they threw it in for free. Also, we did leave early, and although the booking was meant to be non refundable, they did only charge for the nights we stayed.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

hotel is in front of a restaurant that plays music all night which you can hear even if you're on the 7th floor.. Rooms are a bit small

Location is perfect

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

The high prices of the body care. The indoor swimming pool was cold and the sauna wasnt available. I felt bad about this side and i chose the hotel to relax in a heated pool an sauna...

The cleaniness and the welcoming and helpful staff. The breakfast was okay.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2015

The rooms are too small, we could barely move around, very different than how they looked like in the pictures. Also the lights are too dim in the room (they could few more lamps). The view from our room was the worse! It was showing pipes and heating systems as well as the back of the buildings around). Breakfast area is fine but not too much variety included. We could also smell the eggs from our rooms in the morning and hear the voices of the plates. The closet in our room was broken and could not move it around. We tried to go to the spa and have a hammam but it was the worse experience ever. I would not go to this hotel again

Location is close to taksim square (7 min walking) but the neighborhood is not the best ( a lot of vulgar coffee shops around).

There are also 38 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Avantgarde Hotel Taksim traveller photo gallery