Reviews of Best Point Hotel Old City - Best Group Hotels

Akbiyik Cad No 71 Sultanahmet, Fatih, 34122 Istanbul, Turkey

#73 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Magical !
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment with Private Terrace and Private Hammam 4 adults - Annex building

The whole thing ! Turkey is magical and Istanbul is at the centre of that. This hotel lies in a nice, enchanting safe neighbourhood that is lively by day and very pleasant at night. The staff are as repeatedly described so helpful and do their best to help with everything.The food is in abundance, fresh and excellent. Highly recommend the apartment we stayed in with a great roof top terrace. The breakfast area on the 4th floor has a stunning view. Hope to return inshallah !.

Really unforgettable stay.
    • Connected Family Suite 4 adults-Annex Building 47m2

Just a recommendation: from the first day 😉the guy on the reception to watch his film not so loudly.

Clean and large apartment. Really comfortable beds. The guy from the reception was friendly and help us for the luggage and car. The location is fantastic. We were in the additional building in the suite.

Friendly staff, good location, good breakfast.
    • Connected Family Suite 4 adults-Annex Building 47m2

Street is quite noisy. Well wasn't big problem for me because I consider that noise as a part of the city's originality.

Friendly staff, good location, good breakfast. We've enjoyed our stay here and definatly will come here again.

excellent location for historic places very close to reach...

nothing everything was great

excellent location for historic places very close to reach the most of it and very close to bazar market and phosphor area and walking bridge and stuff is great very helpful in any needs you want they are great

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Exceptional staff, very kind and helpful!

Everything was great!

Exceptional staff, very kind and helpful! Location was amazing, a nice short walk to the main attractions in the old town. We loved everything about this place.

Location, super friendly staff, good breakfast, clean rooms
    • Superior Triple Room - 27m2

beds could be more comfortable, too soft matress, minibar didn’t work properly, a little bit noisy during our stay because of contructions on the last floor.

Location, super friendly staff, good breakfast, clean rooms

Great experience at Istanbul
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Private Hammam

We didn't like the breakfast, not too many options in our opinion and the space was so hot, they have just a small and weak air.

We had an upgrade on our room, so the experience was amazing. The room is so big and it has everything you need, including a large balcony, where you can rest at the and of the day (we when on summer, so was impossible to stay on the balcony during the day). The shower if amazing, they have the Turkish Bath, so you can have a different experince inside od your room. The staff were very kind since the beginning and the manager helped us with our Capadoccia trip.

Small, homey place in a great location. Definitely will go back

Air conditioner not very cold Wifi spotty No elevator

Great location, walking distance to all the major sites. Lots of restaurants and great little neighborhood. Beautiful courtyard to sit and have a nice afternoon tea, which by the way was free with a great assortment of finger foods Friendly staff made us tea and small breakfast at 3 am before we left for airport

Location is good for athletes
    • Superior Triple Room - 27m2

No elevator was really big problem. Our room was located in another near building to reach the beautifully breakfast area we needed to go down two levels and then to go up four levels.. that was very hectic and really ruined our stay. Not convenient at all. No electrical kittle in the room

Very clean Vincent well mentained.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Had a wonderful stay, definitely going back.
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Private Hammam

Just that washroom could've been bigger, not complaining though.

Brilliant location, excellent staff, absolutely lip smacking breakfast. 5 min walk to the blue mosque and hagia sophia. Whats not to like.

A flat in the centrum of instanbul

We booked the suit with two rooms, hamam and a very big terrasse on the last floor of the building next to the hotel. The terasse is really beautiful! Perfect for relaxing in the evening BUUUUUTTTT the stairs to the room are sooooo dangerous!!! Please be aware of that while travelling with a kid or if you feel unfomfortable. They are soo steep that it gave me real anxiety. The stairs to the breakfast-room are also not very comfortable. We REALLY missed a big sunshade on the terasse of our room. The breakfast was ok, but the tables and chairs in the breakfast room are soo poorly made. I sat twice on a very loose chair. Be aware that the coutches in one of the rooms have different sizes. One of them is too short!! This is why we had to ask the manager to replace the bed with another one. He really gave his best to help us out, but this does not change the fact that some things are just weird. Why put 2 different sized beds in one room? And the other bed was broken. For that he gave as a free bosphorus tour! That was also very nice of him.

It was really easy to reach a lot of the main sights of the city because the hotel is super central. I liked that we had coffee and tea, some baklava and snacks in our rooms. Shampoo, conditioner and shower gel were provided. The hamam was also a very nice touch to the appartment. The rooms are nicely decorated. I liked that you can see the ocean from the breakfast-area. The receptionist and the manager are really nice! They made us feel very comfortable :)

Good room, clean and nicely decorated, Spacious bathroom,...
    • Standard Suite - Annex -20m2

Breakfast starts late 8:00, so if you have a morning flight you probably will not be able to take breakfast.

Good room, clean and nicely decorated, Spacious bathroom, Good locations , near the Blue mosque and tram with Atatürk airport about 30 minutes by cab. Generous drinking water provided 1L + 2 smaller bottles. Friendly and helpful staff.

Good but not the best
    • Superior Triple Room - 27m2

Breakfast wis served on Terrace which is located on 4th floor (no lift). One has to climb conjested staircase which was tiring and uncomfortable with stairs having high steps. One may run short of breath by the time it reaches last step. For us it was really uncomfortable. Before we could think of a having a good breakfast at start of the day, this was a turnoff for us. View around the hotel was just okay. Surrounded by cluster of buildings with a far distant view of sea. One would prefer a hotel with a more clearer view of sea, ideally located on sea facing. The interior of the room was dark blackish brown wood which was not too pleasent to the eyes for us and was givong room more conjested feel.

Staff was good and helping. We had to ask for routes and tours for which both Mustafa and Muhammad were a great help. Comfortable bedding

This review is about Nomade hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room - 25m2

The breakfast was average. (had the breakfast at best point hotel not at nomade)

The design of the hotel The location although not very close to metro The afternoon complimentary tea/coffee Very friendly staff

Excellent choice for visit to city.

Too few cutlery at breakfast.

Beds were excellent, view from breakfast terrace was great. Hotel staff was very helpful. Free water bottles much appreciated.

A wonderful friendly place to stay.
    • Deluxe Suite - Annex - 35m2

I can't think of anything I didn't like except the fact that our stay had to come to an end.

I and my fiancee enjoyed the friendly staff who went out of their way to make us feel like family and ensures our every need was taken care of.

Best location; very close to attraction in old city.
    • Superior Triple Room - 27m2

I booked hotel transfer but waited for long and i had to look for another agent. There were construction work on the floor above my room which was a bit noisy during day time.

Location, staff, facilities.

Comfy and cozy place with nice breakfast, but don't say random asian "Ni Hao"
    • Standard Suite - Annex -20m2

Receptionist greets me with "Ni Hao" in first sight, which is rude and sounded like somehow racist way. I was not Chinese(other nationality in Asia), and you can't say random Asian 'Ni Hao'. Maybe I should've said hello in Greek too as if I assumed he is Greek?

Perfect view in the terrace, very nice breakfast. Comfy bed I ever experienced. I loved baklava and lokum ready in the room, it really gave me special mood and experience. Cozy and comfy place. Made me feel want to come back again.

Recommend this hotel.
    • Two Bedroom Apartment with Private Hammam 4 adults-Annex Building

Recommend this hotel. Service and location are great. Liked the room with Turkish bath. Breakfast was diverse and good. Overall happy and would highly recommend it.

Staying here was great!

there could have been more choice at breakfast and also have more amenities within the hotel itself.

Staying here was great! A stones throw away from Sultanahmet Square - Sea view and blue mosque views were amazing especially on the terrace. A definite recommendation for anyone staying in Istanbul for a few days and wants a comfortable and approachable place to stay - it is in the heart of the old city and the surrounding areas are beautiful.

We stayed in the ground floor bedroom with the hammam...
    • Double Room with Private Hammam & Garden/Ground Floor - 20m2

We stayed in the ground floor bedroom with the hammam bathrooom - it was lovely (we were welcomed with tea and turkish delight, and it was such soft, comfy bed). Top tip for the hammam - you have to ask at reception for it to be switched on then it takes a couple of hours to heat up/cool down again.

Slightly pricey for amenities.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room - 25m2

Roof top terrace for breakfast lacked atmosphere outside space & tables very limited view spoilt slightly by building work around.

Staff were very helpful & friendly. Very clean. Good position.

The room is nice and big, it is separate from the check-in...
    • Superior Triple Room - 27m2

The staff is not so welcome. We ask for wifi in the lobby, he refused to give the password to us because our room is in separate building.

The room is nice and big, it is separate from the check-in building.

Many Pros and Cons ...
    • Deluxe Suite - Annex - 35m2

Slow breakfast service: many things were not available at the same time. Loud throw out music towards the end of the service. 3 floors, no lift. The internet was very slow most of time and almost unusable.

Friendly staff. Great view of the Sea of Marmara and the Blue Mosque from the breakfast terrace. Very good water pressure in the shower.

Can definitely recommend the hotel to explore Istanbul
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

1. Water from the shower was a bit leaking. 2. Breakfast could be a bit more spacious.

1. Location is perfect. Just 5 min to Blue Mosque, 7 to Aya Sofia and Topkapi Palace. Really great location to investigate the city. 2. WiFi was good and the room was pleasant and clean. 3. Hotel staff is really helpful. 4. Nice court inside where you can drink Turkish tea.

It was good but it would’ve been amazing if the hotel took care of the noise issue
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace -15m2

I didn’t like that you can hear everything outside while sleeping so I was waking up a lot during my stay due to people going up using the stairs or the hotel is turning on their fire place or I don’t know what was the noise at 6:00 am .

The hotel staff are very helpful and they’re always smiling and the cleaning staff of the hotel rooms are doing an amazing job .

Wonderful
    • Deluxe Suite - Annex - 35m2

Sometimes there is street noise however it is not frequent and that is normal to Fatih area

Friendly staff with a big smile, good location just a walking distance to the famous attractions, house keeping is on time and you do not need to call for it, clean bed, very secure as there is a receptionist 24 hours and the hotel locks its doors at 12:00 am and only the hotel residents allowed to enter. I remember I forgot my room keys on my room door from outside. When I came back I found my room the same way I left it.

I really enjoyed my stay, and will come back if I go back to the city.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room - 25m2

I love how it shows a bit of character inside the hotel, it’s got a bit of old fashion to it, loving the vintage decoration. The room was spacious, very comfortable bed. Most importantly, the staff there was extremely nice and helpful, they helped me with all my questions and even arrange a room change for us due to my mum’s bad knee(our room was in the third floor and going up and down was hard on my mum’s knee, so they were really nice and switched us to a room on the first floor) the breakfast area has ocean view and on the other side you get to see the famous blue mosque. It was very pleasant place for breakfast.

I would certainly recommend this hotel.
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace -15m2

I would certainly recommend this hotel. It has an amazing location and the room with private balcony is great, the view is fantastic. The staff is very friendly and very attentive. I am looking forward to coming back to this hotel during my next trip to Istanbul!

A pleasant second stay at the hotel
    • Standard Suite - Annex -20m2

Breakfast can be better and improved

My 2nd visit to Istanbul and each time I have stayed at Best point A warm welcome awaited me and immediate upgraded to the main hotel room though my booking was in the Annex. Greatly appreciated Cleanliness, distance to main areas in Sultanahmet , staff , free refreshment , and other amenities are all up to the mark Breakfast needs some improvement in terms of *warm egg/omelette should be served *fresh orange juice have been discontinued

very good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room - 25m2

The feeling of the room and the furniture is a little runned down. The turkish bath is not mcuh of use, it consists in a beautiful stone sink attached to a regular bathtub. All in all it was a good experience, though.

The location is excelent, the stuff is very kind and helpful. Our room was large, with nice light.

We enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to others.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

The complimentary breakfast wasn't great.

The location is excellent. All the major points of interest in Sultan Ahmet were within 2-3 blocks from the hotel. There were numerous restaurants on the street. The staff was very hospitable. We received a complementary transport to the airport on our last day.

Guys at the reception are fantastic, location of the hotel...

Breakfast could be better

Guys at the reception are fantastic, location of the hotel is central, rooms are clean, big and comfy beds, afternoon tea with sweets is superb and free of charge. Good value for money. I would recommend this hotel

Everything.
    • Deluxe Suite - Annex - 35m2

Everything. Staff are very friendly and helpful that they would start and end your day with a big smile! The room was so comfortable and hotel location is just perfect. Loved the complimentary daily turkish coffee and tea. Thank you for making our stay remarkable!

I enjoined my stay in Istanbul and i will come back to Best Point Hotel soon.
    • Two Bedroom Apartment with Private Hammam 4 adults-Annex Building

we had some small problems but the staff fixed them immediately after we addressed them. I had a problem with one of the staff because I was given the wrong directions to a fair i was attending, costing me more then 4 hours. But the other receptionist was great, recomanding places to eat and buy staff.

The room was great, the hamam also spectacular, we had lots of space in the apartment and some of the staff was rely helpful. The location is great, near all the visiting objectives.

Staff was very friendly and serviceminded.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room - 25m2

Staff was very friendly and serviceminded. Breakfast was good and varied but the coffee could be improved. Nice "extra" with the tea and cookies in the afternoon. Good view over the Bosporous.

Located in the city center, it was very convenient for...
    • Connected Family Suite 4 adults-Annex Building 47m2

Only one thing to note: Istanbul is a city with lots of ups and downs, and the pavement is made of stone blocks. So if you carry heavy suitcase and if you're not very confident about your strength, or traveling with elderlies ecc, it's better to arrange some transportation from the airport so that you don't have to carry them around.

Located in the city center, it was very convenient for sightseeing. The receptionists and staff spoke English very well and it was easy to comunicate. They weren't pushy about the airport shuttle ecc so I liked that very much. Great hospitality, they offered teas and coffees even to our friend who wasn't stayng here!

Wonderful stay with my family!

Everything, especially the wonderful staff! My sister did the booking — we had an enjoyable stay and met the owner Mr. Fatih who was helpful. His staff Mustafa, Ramazan and others (unsure of their names) were very warm and friendly which made our long stay more enjoyable - The Zuls & Nadia from Malaysia

Excellent location, very cooperative staff, Erekan the staff...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

Checkout time was too earlier @ 11:00AM although staff managed our luggage for the remaining time till our flight but check out time might be increased for convenience of visitors

Excellent location, very cooperative staff, Erekan the staff member was very nice and helped us a lot to understand city dynamics, he also arranged us a cab to airport at very reasonable price

Great hospitality
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

Everything was great. We had a pleasant stay.

Great hospitality and kindness! A traditional and cosy hotel in a great location.They gave us information about everything so to not be cheated while shopping. They also told us where to not go because we were 3 girls alone. They were really helpful.

Acceptable accommodation but not for the price paid.
    • Double Room with Private Hammam & Garden/Ground Floor - 20m2

Very small hotel. Breakfast was just fair, but still below my previous experiences from Instabul. The breakfast was served on the 4th floor-no elevator to climp there. Nothing impressive or worth to remember of it.

Location was good, many restaurants around, close to Ayia Sofia, the bed comfortable , the shower like a tiny hammam with hot marbles all around. I have to say that stuff was polite!

Great stay would love to come here again
    • Standard Suite - Annex -20m2

Maybe can improve on - Breakfast menu could be changed every other day so as to give a bit of a variety. Irons can be put inside each room so we do not have to request for it.

We loved our room, though we need to climb up the stairs to get to it after a full day everyday we didnt mind because the room was lovely and the size is very comfortable for two. Nice of the hotel to provide afternoon tea for guests and also the booklet containing info on Istanbul major tourist sites in the room. Wifi was also very reliable and steady. Also special thanks to the staff who helped us carry our luggages to the room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

Breakfast was awful (there is no kitchen and food wasn't fresh). Same options every day.

Very good location near Sultanahmet metro station, walking distance to Blue Mosque.

We had a really great time.
    • Connected Family Suite 4 adults-Annex Building 47m2

need to walk from the room to Lobby, but it's really close, not a big deal.

Great location!!! very close to Blue mosque!! Staff was great !! especially Mustorfa, we was really helpful.

Perfect for a short stay as everything is nearby

Nothing of any importance

Where do I begin to compliment this lovely little hotel. We were in Istanbul for three nights from 20th Jan 2018 to 23rd inclusive and after reading various reviews decided we would give this a go. Firstly the location.It is set in a quiet street Akbiyaz Caddesi but right in the heart of Sultanahmed. If you walk 10 minutes up a slight hill with a few lefts and rights you are at the Blue Mosque and Sultanahmet square.There you have many of the Istanbul `must sees´in one.Haghia Sophia,Basilica etc.Once you are there and finished your little tour you can buy an Istanbul tram card and explore the city like a local. (Ask at reception about this) If you walk five minutes south from the hotel you are at the coast and at the back of the Top Kapi palace. A brisk walk and circumnavigating the TK brings you to the small port of Eminonü where the Bospherus cruises and ferries leave for tours and connections. Now back to the hotel, my wife and I have travelled and still travel extensively,she 25 years with an airline and I worked many years as a manager of a Tour Company specialising in Turkey. Suffice to say we have seen enough to make an honest opinion and here it is. If you are looking for a hotel with all the trimmings and lounges pools etc, you would be very far off the mark here. However,if you seek a hotel that is small,impecibely clean and friendly hotel in the heart of the old city..then do not hesitate to book....This one is a gem.Breakfast with a view over the sea and surrounds..perfect... Transfers were organised without a hitch and I would like to say a special thank you to the staff who were always very willing to help. Even though it rained and was stormy for most of our trip, the welcome and hospitality shown to us ,more than made up for that.. We will be back

A very enjoyable time in a great (Pamuk) city.
    • Standard Suite - Annex -20m2

I thought everything went well; I was expecting a noisy area but evenings were quiet and I had good sleeps.

The whole experience was exceptional, from the courteous and professional staff, to the quality of the room, with excellent central heating and hot showers!

Excellent hotel great location
    • Double Room with Private Hammam & Garden/Ground Floor - 20m2

Our room said ground floor but this meant basement. The stairs were difficult with a baby. No lift.

Really big comfy bed. Hammam was gorgeous, breakfast excellent

pleasent cosy and good location. price slightly upwards.
    • Double Room with Private Hammam & Garden/Ground Floor - 20m2

the owner mr. fatir was too commercial minded. the tourist information was not upto the mark. we got better information from the tour operators in sultanhemet area. the bathrooms need to have supplies as is the norm in all good hotels.

the staff was couteous and helpful. especially mr. mustafa at the reception desk. the breakfast was balanced and healthy. the lady in charge for breakfast ms. saeda was always smiling and cheerful making the mornings get a happy start

Highly recommended!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

Reception staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. Especially Mustafa and Yohan. We only had 4 days in Istanbul and we didn't plan our trip ahead of time. Mustafa was nice enough to sit down with us, mark all the places we should visit and experiences we will enjoy and handed the map to us. Another positive part about this hotel is that it is within the walking distance of every major old city attraction. You will not need a taxi or uber at all. We are positive that we will again stay at The Best Point Hotel when we visit Istanbul next time.

Charrming and cosy hotel

The stairs to the Terrace apartment were more narrow than I expected - I was a bit concerned because I have a 2 year old daughter. The toilet in the apartment also has a smell - please get housekeeping to put air freshener. No hooks in the apartment for bulky winter coats.

The huge terrace for our apartment, the very friendly and helpful staff, the fantastic location - so close to the blue mosque but in a quieter part of Sultanahmet, the hamam in our apartment

It is necessary to note the benevolence and hospitality of...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

It is necessary to note the benevolence and hospitality of the hosts and staff. I would like to thank personally Mr. Ramazan for the fragrant tea and Turkish coffee. Beautiful view from the roof terrace (see pictures).

We really enjoyed it.
    • Superior Triple Room - 27m2

It would have been nice to have tea and coffee provided in the room.

I liked the location, the friendliness of the staff and how close it was to the main touristic attractions.

I can only recommend it.
    • Superior Triple Room - 27m2

Great location, the staff is nice and helpful, and goes the extra mile to ensure guest satisfaction. Breakfast was delicious and the view from the breakfast terrace is gorgeous

I am surprised that this property received a 9.2 rate. I would give it a 5 only.

The staff at the Suite is not trained. No friendly greetings. Didn't volunteer to help with the luggage. Didn't even call for help with our luggage

The breakfast

Loved the breakfast spread!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

Loved the breakfast spread! The staff, especially the host Mustafa is very friendly and he will tell you the best places to go visit, to dine at. Whatever you are looking for, he is the go to man! Terrific service and neat cosy rooms.

best!!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

Very cozy and nice hotel , good situated in the heart of the old town.The most importani was the friendly staff, apecial thanks to Ramazan and everybody there. Breakfast was extremly pleasant because of the roof terrace and the real surprise was the special compliment- cordially presented lunch with turkish tea, coffee and snacks from 14:00 to 19:00!

Truly One of the Best Hotel!
    • Deluxe Suite - Annex - 35m2

preferable to have an early breakfast because usually we leaving the hotel for sightseeing before 0730 in the morning

located close to blue mosque & aya sofia and also arasta bazaar + shopping streets

Charming hotel with friendly personnel at 5 minutes walk from Blue Mosque.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

Super location, 5 minutes walk from Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia. Friendly and helpful personnel, good breakfast on the roof, with view of the Blue Mosque, free mezzo, tea and coffee offered in the afternoon.

Good location, close to the main sights but still a little...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room - 25m2

I recommend to improve the quality and the range of choice on breakfast (we were in this hotel 2 years before and breakfast were much more better).

Good location, close to the main sights but still a little away from the noise. The bed are very comfortable and room was always very clean.

Great location in the center of history!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

I liked everything about the hotel and its location!

Great location in the center of history!!! Excellent staff. Lots of restaurants and shops around, but don't be in hurry to buy in those shops! everything is too far expensive!!!!

Comfortable, chic, delicious stay.
    • Double Room with Private Hammam & Garden/Ground Floor - 20m2

The stairs going up the terrace were a little narrow, but worth it when you get to the top. Wifi wasnt strong, but there were several power outages during our stay due to the construction so maybe thats why.

Amazing staff, super helpful. Available 24/7 which is amazing. Loved the decor and vibe of the hotel, felt true to Turkish culture. The breakfast was always something to look forward to in the morning, full course, and gorgeous view. Close walk to all major attractions, and lots of cute shops and places to eat nearby. Will def be staying here on our next trip in town.

Love the location.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Private Hammam

Love the location. Very close to many popular sites. In view of the Blue Mosque. Staff is friendly and helpful. Restaurants and shopping close. Loved the private hammam bath. Stay in this ottoman style hotel. Don't stay in a large chain hotel. This is the heart and soul of Istanbul. Support the locals.

In Total Staying was very good!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

I liked mostly all, but a little I would mention is the breakfast room, too small and breakfast was all four days the same! they have to think about the menu difference

The property is in the best part of the city, 10 minutes walking distance to Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque or the Topkapi Palace, 10 more minutes to the Gulhane Park, the location is superb! Th hotel itself is small, fancy, has a very good staff working, very warm and attentive staff!

very easy to find.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

our bed was a double bed. but actually was made by 2 single mattress which you could sometimes feel during the night but wasn't a big issue.

very easy to find. friendly and helpful staff. super good breakfast on the rooftop, and also the snacks during the day. very nice and clean room with that "home" feeling. We got spoiled by getting a free upgrade to a superior room ! :)

Highly recommended!!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

Just make sure bring your own shampoo, conditioner and body wash. They do not have them except body lotion.

Everything is perfect!!! Staffs are nice and helpful, and good view for the breakfast!

Excellent Helpful staff from front desk to house keeping,
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

Breakfast is good but most dishes are cold In bathroom Sometime water above basin didn't come out smoothly. Check out 11am is quiet early. Will be good at noon time but can leave luggage in hotel

Excellent Helpful staff from front desk to house keeping, Good resturant next door, Goodnight sweet delight , Lovely view at Breakfast terrace Traditional Turkish warm bathroom is amazing Excellent location Reasonable price

Good location, Good staff, not so good facility.

They offered afternoon snack but the food was very bad and not fresh and it is taste was changed, and most of it was from the breakfast. the staircase is very bad and uncomfortable.

The location in Sultan Ahmet area.

very good location and very bad room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

there isn't trash can and tissues in room. the shower is out of order and not fixed in its position. washstand in W.C. leakages the waste water and wet all over the bathroom. room is in -1 floor and hasn't any view to garden, only a window and door to a little backyard with some young sapling.

Best point gives you the feeling of a home away from home.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room - 25m2

The breakfast items should be labelled so that foreigners know what exactly the dish is.

The hospitality of Mr. Gokhan was amazing, he planned our whole 4 day itinerary and also helped us in booking our flights to Antalya. His food and sight seeing recommendation was really nice. I've never had such a personalised touch to any country before. The staff was extremely friendly. Mr. Ramazan and Mr. Mohammed were also very helpful.

Lovely stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room - 25m2

Great little hotel within walking distance of all the Sultanahmet area attractions. Beautiful views from the terrace at breakfast. Breakfast was great with a variety of Turkish and continental breakfast items. Very welcoming host who was ever ready to help us with anything we needed. The room was comfortable, clean and accessible. We would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers wanting to stay in Sultanahmet.

The perfect place to stay!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Private Hammam

The only thing we could say that wasn't excellent was a slight smell in the room, probably because the windows were closed (for sometime maybe?), cause as soon as we opened them it went away. It was there slightly when we closed the windows to use the a/c though it was light. Except for that, everything else it was great!!

We were a group of 6 people, we all loved the location!! Super close to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, shops, restaurants, bars, very close to the plaza, the sightseeing buses.. the breakfast was delicious and the view to the Blue Mosque awesome! The staff were exceptional, very friendly both during our accommodation and before that, while doing the reservations: there were some issues with my card because it was charged overseas and therefore wouldn't go through. The staff was very accommodating and patient for the issue to be resolved. In short and overall, very highly recommended!! :)

Location, good food and wonderful staff.

I had no problems

This property is so near to all the action in the old city. The staff is superb and extremely friendly. We felt so welcomed by them. They were the best. I will definitely give this property 5 stars for location, food and staff. The breakfast was excellent and the views from the breakfast table was stunning.

Great place for starting point of exploring Istanbul.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - 14m2

Sounds from street cleaning car can be heard from outside, but anyway, it's not a great problem

Location is in the quiet street in 5 minutes from Sultanahmet square, so the center of city life is here and still it's quiet. Very good room, ideally clean and stylish. And great staff! Special thanks to Mohammed for evening tea ritual for us:) And Mustafa for sending our cards (we came in holiday time and all post offices were closed). And yes, very pleasant breakfast in terrace with view to Blue Mosque and sea - nice start of the day.

• Superior Triple Room - 27m2

Best located hotel, very good value for money. Excellent staff. We could not ask for more. Breakfast and terrace top are amazing. Would recommend 100%.

If you want a real Turkish experience close to all the sites with lovely staff than stay here.
    • Superior Triple Room - 27m2

Wonderful staff and great location plus the breakfast and other nibbles was very generous. This is a very authentic three star hotel with superb views from the roof breakfast room.

Browse Best Point Hotel Old City - Best Group Hotels traveller photo gallery