Reviews of Blue Moon Cave Hotel

Muze Yolu No :24, 50180 Goreme, Turkey

#75 of 138 hotels in Goreme

9.8

• Classic Double Room

There was nothing wrong with the property.

The location of the hotel was great. The hotel was very neat and clean and the staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. Anything I wanted they happy arranged. I would definitely recommend.

• Classic Triple Room

Ilyas gave us many advices on the thing to do in Cappadocia. We received a warm welcome. The hotel is very well located, good breakfast, very nice and clean room.

• Classic Double Room

We stayed 4 nights in this hotel and the experience of Cappadocia was more exciting due to the wonderful hotel host, Ilyas, who made us feel welcomed and most comfortable. We booked all trips with him, as he can get good rates. Hotel is a very short walking distance from all kinds of restaurants, the bus station and other things you might need. Room was cleaned daily, breakfast was plentiful ( they make good cheese pancakes) and can be eaten on the nice view terrace. Some evenings we spent chatting with Ilyas and having some tea on the terrace. As a plus, because we did not book the balloon flight in advance, with the help of our host we tried at 5 in the morning. We had no luck but it was a fun morning walk - we don’t know how many hotel managers will do that for their customers ( Thanks Ilyas!). Book this place, you will not regret it!

I liked that the owner of the hotel was involved in everything. He was very passionate about his business and make us felt very comfortable and very welcome. We have been treated like we were his friends. He also arranged for us a shuttle bus transfer from airport to the hotel and he helped us to book a tour and a ride with hot air balloon. I really reccomand this property!

• Classic Triple Room

Ilyas is perfect host. He and his colleagues are very kind, helpful and friendly. I hope so that i will be visited Göreme and Ilyas hotel again. For me Blue Moon Cave Hotel is 10+

• Classic Double Room

Hotel officials are very concerned. The room was very clean. A hotel in the center of the city. Breakfast was successful. I will stay again when I come again.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The view during the breakfast was unbelievable. Amazing location and staffs. For sure I would stay again. I could not choose better place to stay with my family.

• Classic Twin Room

Nothing everything was great

The staff it’s amazing and very helpful you feel so comfortable like you’re already home

• Classic Triple Room

The service staff was very friendly, terrace is wonderful place for evening dinner, and location is very comfortable!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Everything was perfect.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Classic Double Room

location is prefect staffs are nice room is comfort and clean

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Excellent staff. Very friendly, helpful and eager to provide the best customer service. Murat, the caretaker was a johnny-on-the-go, taking care of airport transfer bookings, breakfast, billing and helping us figure out places to visit/eat at. Full marks for effort!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

room is a little small, but it is a local feature. others have same small room. actually, it's not disadvantage

best place in city(near bus terminal & tour company) very clean & fresh meal first of all, very kind guy works as a staff.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

Upon our arrival to blue moon hotel we have been greeted and welcomed warmly. Every detail about our trips and excursions were sorted by the hotel manager and we had an amazing sleep at our magnificent cave hotel

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

everything was good!

I had a great time in blue moon cave hotel in goreme. thank you so much, Yasar. when I was booking the hotel., you replies was unbelievably fast and useful! Arrived late on the 2nd night, I was a bit grumpy after 35 hours messing around with the flight. Yasar tried his best to answer all my questions about cappadocia, offered me the free shuttle bus from kayseri to goreme, managed to book the night bus from goreme to fethiye. also thank you and Byram for the breakfast in the morning. This hotel located in the most convenient place in goreme( one minute to the otobus station), great bed for sleeping ( other hotels i stayed in turkey this time only offer blanket! which is unacceptable for sleeping! blue moon had the best bed!!!!!) the room was clean. :D:D:D hope to see you guys next time. its truly a good experience i had in cappadocia! And I highly recommend this hotel for everyone.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2015

1-However, I think it's not necessary, there wasn't a tv set and air conditioning in our room. 2-Terrace is right upstairs and open till 23:00 everyday. Thus, we could easily hear when someone drag a chair. 3-As there was not any cot, we had to bring in ours. 4-It's not a cave hotel. They should change the hotel's name.

1-Hotel personnel were friendly, helpful, kind and hospitable. They guided us well about where to see and eat. 2-Terrace was nice. 3-Cheap room prices. 4-Room and hotels were clean. 5-Despite the water cut out in Göreme, we did have no trouble with it. 6-Each room has a modem available in it for free access to the internet.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

Staff had great recommendations for tours and restaurants. Good location in the middle of Goreme. Beautiful building for a lower price than some of the other hotels.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2015

Though, it is being called as a cave hotel, but it is not a true cave hotel. The hotel is located on a prime street and not on a natural hill/cave. But, room's internal structure looks like a cave. Rooms do not have air-conditioning. So, on a summer day, you will be roasted, specially if you have a room on terrace.

The owner and staff are very friendly, courteous and super helpful. Please make sure to read the email sent by them when you book a room. It has all the information about Cappadocia and how to book transportation and tours at a reasonable price. It is very important otherwise you will overpay for everything. It is better to ask them to book your tours/taxi. They will also help you if you would like to buy quality ceramic stuff at reasonable price locally. The breakfast was grand and awesome.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2015

We had minor issues with the wifi connection, which was minimal, they've given us alternative ways to connect to a better one

We had a pleasant stay at Blue Moon Cave Hotel. Room service was impeccable as we always get a rapid response to all of our queries and requests. Hotel reception personnel was even kind enough to phone us when we almost missed our breakfast. All I would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone, and I would certainly stay here again!

• Reviewed: 18 July 2015

Very personalized service, extremely friendly staff, well organized and professional. Not to mention, great breakfasts! The staff really went beyond anything I have experienced before to make us feel truly welcome and cared for throughout our stay. They were also very helpful in organizing trips and activities for us.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

Having to,leave such a wonder hotel

We have stayed in Turkey now for one month and the Blue Moon Cave Hotel,was by far the best. The staff are absolutely outstanding, the breakfasts were delicious along with the wonderful service by Mohammad. The owner Faruke was alway present and was always so helpful. If you are from overseas do not,go past this hotel it is centrally located and after a meal at a restaurant its a short walk back to the hotel not climbing up back steep back streets to find your hotel. Absolute value for money, don't go past it if there is a vacancy.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

A hotel is located right the central of the town and kahvalti was great also. Receptionist recommended a nice sunset place and took us to there by car.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

nothing, everything was very good, I really enjoy my holiday with my fiance and her girl freind

I really like everything, food is very delicious the vine, the city view, all the staff and the owner are helpful you don't needs to pay anything everything was paied in the check out even all activity like hot air ballon, rented Car ...

• Reviewed: 8 May 2015

Everything was amazing thanks for everyone friendly stuff room was so clean and beautiful terrace kind of 5 stars hotel owner of the hotel he help me a lot about to do in cappadocia ,thanks for everything see you soon.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2015

Leaving to go home!

The staff were fantastic, the owner Farouk could not do enough for us he was so helpful with tours balloon booking and even drove us up to the sunset point in his car when we asked him the best way to get there. The room was excellent and the breakfast was huge and very tasty.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2016

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Location Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 29 October 2015

So fat nothing. ..

Staff is friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Every body was very helpful specially Yasar. Good location, friendly atmosphere and every body was very cooperative.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

Air condition should be added to room

Location is great Comfortable room Hosting and friendly team

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

Great Hotel!, centrally located. Very comfortable rooms

There are also 5 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.