2. Turkey hotel reviews
  3. Marmara Region hotel reviews
  4. Istanbul hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Burgu Arjaan by Rotana Istanbul Asia

Reviews of Burgu Arjaan by Rotana Istanbul Asia This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Altaycesme Mah. Samanyolu Sok. No:23 Maltepe, Maltepe, 34843 Istanbul, Turkey

#888 of 1,443 hotels in Istanbul

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Its clean and comfortable
    • Classic One Bedroom Suite

One of the staff receptionist is very bad his name is ozkan he made problem but the other one mohsen he is serian Is very good

Its clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

Very disappointed
    • Premium One Bedroom Suite with Sea View

No air conditioning in the halls or elevator.

The lady at the reception who speaks Russian and English very well, Larissa and who was the only reception person who was able to help.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Very clean and comfortable hotel
    • Classic Studio

The reception staff could be better on handling customers. The customer service is not on top compared to the look and image of the hotel in total.

Very comfortable beds and clean rooms.

• Reviewed: September 5, 2018

Above average
    • Family Suite

The hotel doesn't have consistent good service 1\ didn't get family suit as to my reservation, inte 2\ lost towel from housekeeping, and the reception wasn't very cooperative ( I talked to two of the reception staff the night shift and the morning shift) 3\ after first week the reception never answered my calls. 4\ They keep turning off the air conditioning in inconvenient times (sleeping, relaxing... ), to make matters worse the hotel doesn't have openable windows since the weather good. I hope I never need to come back.

I would say this hotel is slightly above average, I may return only if didn't find any better deals.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Better than usual
    • Classic Studio

Room not clean. My fridge smelled like garlic. Towels not clean and was yellowish

I like tango more then burgu argaan. Quicker service that usual though it was full

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

Next to coffee shop
    • Premium One Bedroom Suite with Sea View

Staff very unusual slow, it takes 2.5 hours to deliver a meal or snack to the room despite 5 reminders over the phone. Dream of someone called bill-boy he wont come. Curtains very small can’t cover the light My room was not ready when I came at 3:30 pm and try to wast my time by giving me different room type. Elevator small and slow, and only 2 available for 18 floors! Swimming pool is cold. Breakfast is very expensive for unknown reason Refuse to give me my 10% discount of Rotana even though i have i have the discount card. Its very crowded hotel with too many people in very small place. To me its only 2 star hotel.

Next to coffee shop Washing machine Kitchen in the room.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

My reservation was for 8 nights- 2 adults- breakfast...
    • Premium One Bedroom Suite with Sea View

My reservation was for 8 nights- 2 adults- breakfast included. The hotel confirmed our reservation with no breakfast, and asked me to pay additional charge for breakfast !! Unprofessional stuff .

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

I don’t think to visit that place again
    • Family Suite

The hotel pool is ice cold, we were there during peak times of summer and it was still impossible to enter the pool. The pool staff is quite lazy and not really interested in serving or asking the guests for their needs. Similar situation in the restaurant, we had to ask multiple times every morning during our 1 week stay to get a coffee. One time I asked the waiter if he doesn’t understand us, he said yes…but still no coffee for us. No napkins on the table etc. , all in all very poor managed and organized. The service at the front desk was a little bit better but definitely not 5* class, nobody helps with the luggage, we asked for a late check out which was finally granted for 30 minutes but we were still asked to leave the room at noon, this makes all no sense. Everything is very unorganized. We had booked a family room which was very tiny, with a very narrow corridor. The extra bed which we booked in advance was delivered to the room in the middle of the night after several phone calls. The equipment in the room is already worn out, despite of the age of the hotel, hence I don’t think to visit that place again.

Hotel is very close to Maltepe Metro Station which gives reasonable access to Istanbul city center, Kadiköy takes about 40 Minutes and Sirkeci 60 Minutes to reach by Metro. Some shopping malls are a short taxi drive of 10 Minutes away. There is a small grocery shop opposite of the hotel.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

1-When i ask reception for something to bring us it takes...

1-When i ask reception for something to bring us it takes too long or very late to do 2-Bad position in bathroom for example cabin of shower is very small.

Bad management
    • Premium One Bedroom Suite with Sea View

Bad reception specially at the night shift, they confirm the reservation then it canceled , I have booked a sea view suite then they gave me just a suite without sea view they mentioned that if it possible we will give you but its mentioned in booking if possible, i have cheked in booking but its not written. We have complain through booking for the sea view suite they have changed it after one night but they have gave us a small suite .

Clean facilities, quiet and good room service.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

Should consider if visiting asian part of Istanbul
    • Classic One Bedroom Suite

The hotel is good value for money. Needs more staff for better service. Facilities are good. Breakfast is great. Airport transports are very overpriced compared to regular Taxi service.

Facilities are nice and rooms are clean. The hotel looks like brand new. I personally prefer the city view rather than sea view.

Facilities, rooms, pool, location

Small and two elevators only, one of elevators was not working for on night. No respond from the reception if you ask for any help.

Facilities, rooms, pool, location

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

the staff are friendly and very helpful also the place is...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The rooms are too small and there are no windows that open which is not healthy ,also it surprised me how the health and safety department gave permission for this kind of building for the public to use without windows.

the staff are friendly and very helpful also the place is clean

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

The property is well maintaned metro access is 1 minute away.
    • Premium Studio with Sea View

The building is full glass so ac needs time to cool the room . U have to keep the blinds closed during the day . This is in august which is not that bad 30 minuts room will be good

The property is well maintaned metro access is 1 minute away. Staff is very welcoming and willing to help. My studio was very small when i complained they upgraded me with a smile

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

Not good the charged me 2100€ on credit card then after I fly for emergency they charged my partner

The reception staff , the charged me twice , first time they charged my credit card, second time the charged my partner in cash 2100€,after I fly, The air conditioning it’s too hot

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Excellent accomodations. Bed small.
    • Premium Studio with Sea View

Bed is too small for two person ( it is double for two.. not even queen). It is very comfortable. Pillows could be better. Kitchen kit must be requested. Breakfast was too expensive at 8 euro per person per night.

Upgraded to suite. Room was nicely furnished. In-room washing machine (6kg) and dryer (6 kg) which takes 3 hours to finish wash and dry cycle. Truely 5 star. Excellent AirCon.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

I do not recommend this hotel at all.
    • Classic Studio

The room service guy was so rude. He tried to charge me for double my order. He refused to leave the room at 2:00 am in the morning. He refused to take out the left overs from my room and left the table very dirty (see pic).He was a nightmare and ruined my stay in the hotel since my 1st night! The night manager promised to do something about it and make me happy but nothing happened until I checked out. Although this was not my 1st time in the hotel. I was a regular costumer but never again! They do not have 5 stars hotel standards! I did not feel safe.

The only good thing in this hotel are the 2 very nice receptionists Ms. Baraa and Mr. Mohsin.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

• Classic Studio

The water of the swimming pools was very cold we couldn’t enjoy it we were in june.

A family with a baby We enjoyed the hotel it is very clean and the staff is very friendly Larissa in the reception helped us a lot and she has a beautiful smile face. Everything was great and exceeded our expectations. Food were tasty and has great varieties in the breakfast and dinner too.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

First no one help us to show the room , second we can’t...
    • Classic Studio

First no one help us to show the room , second we can’t sleep a/c was not working good when I call the reception she didn’t send me anyone to check she just tell me to put temperature up like I don’t know how to do it when I said I know she didn’t even care to send one to check.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Arjaan Rotana It’s a very pleasant experience....and Istanbul is a great city
    • Classic Studio

The hotel reception man was very polite and cooperative...he gave my wife the room keycard at 20:00pm without credit card...when I arive after midnight 01:30 am he even gave me the second key card immediately ...in the morning I thank them...in my long travels experience I had never a similar situation you rather pay or get out ...thanks to Arjaan hotel Istanbul ...

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Needs a little bit of cleanliness to be better but all is well.
    • Classic Studio

The room was dirty and had trash around from previous residents. Carpet was dirty and smelly.

The receptionist Baraa was great and helped us with the language and a great upgrade.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

very good hotel but staff need to learn bihaiving or maneger teach staff what is good behaving .
    • Classic One Bedroom Suite

The room first staff give me was very cold as 15 'c and when i complain they say if you wait room will be worm !! and i told them this is not okay i not pay for cold room then they change .

i like everything but not staffs behaving !

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

Great Hotel with cheerful staff ...

Nothing everything was perfect

Perfect Location between Asian Side and European, very friendly staff specially Mr ILKER very helpful and very kind thank you so much for the rooms he gave us beautiful sea view , Breakfast was awesome , very clean rooms, sound proofing is great , indoor pool was perfect with a big gym .In the Restaurant Mr Muzafar is a very cheerful person ,even the General Manager was very welcoming, excellent hotel it will always be my first choice​ i had a wonderful stay ,thank you all.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2017

A very good property with apartment style facilities

Very happy with stay

Suite style room, with microwave, washing machine. next to metro for easy access to centre of Istanbul. Great view from upper floors to sea.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

• Classic Studio

Location is too far from all attraction in Istanbul

Every thing are marvellous rooms are big and clean well furnitured staff are good and all other facilities are 5 star service

• Reviewed: September 3, 2017

Turkey is very beautiful and rich with history and culture but more tourists attention is needed
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Learesa exceptionaly friendly and helpful Hotel needs to offer more guides and support on traveling to Istanbul also needs more signs in English Buffet very limited and if you go after 10am there is hardly anything

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

Excellent location, nice staff.

no comment

Excellent location, nice staff. Excellent location, nice staff especially the Front Disk Director Mr. Ilker, he was very nice person and a professional, problem-solver who care about customer satisfaction.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

Perfect choice if you like to be in a calm and quiet place
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Quite far fram shoping mall. Hotel was build in a not very clean/modern area. Young ladies need to think to have "appropriate" close if they want to go for walk in the area (specially late evenings)

Perfect WiFi in the room Calm and friendly personel Calm environment Very close to subway Very close to big supermarket Fresh room

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

Studio room was great value for money.
    • Premium Studio with Sea View

No service at the hotel bar on a Saturday night at 10.30pm. Location by the ring road is only good if you plan to use the metro, taxi or own car. Otherwise not good for walking. Food at the restaurant was well below average when it came to traditional Turkish food, you can get get better taste for 1/3 of,the price in almost every other place in Istanbul. Got charged 580trl as deposit at check-in even though the total cost of my room for 2 nights was 420trl, left me with a bitter taste from day one.

Studio room was great value for money. Nice sea view and luxurious decorations in a large room for roughly 50euro per night. Room was 4+ stars for European standards. Overall the hotel was brand new and very impressive.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

The staf

The staf

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

• Classic Studio

They are thieves, you pay double for room service

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

My only problem was the food that we ordered to our room.
    • Classic Studio

My only problem was the food that we ordered to our room. The chicken was to dry and the pasta not so good. Otherwise all perfect

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Absolutely amazing place with lovely staff.
    • Classic Studio

The friendly staff and the views from the rooms.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

It's a wonderful place and the view is magical.
    • Premium One Bedroom Suite with Sea View

It's a wonderful place and the view is magical. The staff is very nice.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Rooms where comfortable and clean.
    • Classic Studio

Dirty and extremely small showers.

Rooms where comfortable and clean. Looks great from the outside. Good facilities. Friendly crew.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Brilliant

Very good

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

Clean , good breakfast , good staff

Very very small rooms

Clean , good breakfast , good staff

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

Its okay - nothing to go back to

Service, miniature size rooms

Next to Metro + Kitchenette with a Washing Machine

• Reviewed: September 5, 2018

It is ok overall

Some bathroom not good

It is ok overall

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

Excellent hotel clean tidy and spacious rooms with lovely...

Excellent hotel clean tidy and spacious rooms with lovely two pools, good size gym.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

the location
    • Premium One Bedroom Suite with Sea View

the bath room shower is tight.

the location

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

I like the facilities and the room
    • Classic Studio

The service of the staff and the breakfast did not worth what I paid for

I like the facilities and the room

Best hotel

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Wonderful hotel
    • Premium Studio with Sea View

The place is very cool and comfortable, the reception staff treated very well, will book it next time.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2018

great hotel and breakfast

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Poor service
    • Family Suite

Room is not clean Guest services are bad Quality of food in breakfast is very poor

Good for family as rooms and kitchen

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

It was a fantastic experience, esp.
    • Classic One Bedroom Suite

sometimes staff was not enough during breakfast.

It was a fantastic experience, esp. pools,..etc. bed is great , very near to metro line.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

Great hotel in the Asian side of Istanbul

Long check in/check out time.. In room service is a bit late almost always..

It's facilities are great.

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

Helpful staff
    • Family Suite

Quality of room was not great. Things were broken.

Helpful staff

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

The price compared to what you get in exchange — luxurious...
    • Classic Studio

The price compared to what you get in exchange — luxurious room with great view and excelent location to most transportation means — is excellent.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Very unprofessional and unpleasant crew. Very poor breakfast menu.Not meant for family with kids .

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Very nice trip att arjan rotana burjo
    • Classic Studio

Very nice staff ..all off them ...Mohsen .Barraa..Mazloom att the restaurant ...and the others which i dont remember there names ...thanks alot

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Clean, professional stuff , amazing pool and great food

Clean, professional stuff , amazing pool and great food

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Everything was great

Everything was great

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

Very helpful and friendly staff.
    • Classic One Bedroom Suite

Very helpful and friendly staff. Clean rooms. Well-equipped. Very suitable for families.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2017

Nice location @good price

Nice location @good price

• Reviewed: October 4, 2017

comfortable

very poor wifie .

so friendly staff and very good food .

• Reviewed: September 30, 2017

Location, european breakfast and dinner, staff

Location, european breakfast and dinner, staff

• Reviewed: September 29, 2017

Extremely comfortable rooms with excellent hospitality...
    • Classic Studio

Extremely comfortable rooms with excellent hospitality services

• Reviewed: September 9, 2017

With sure I will be back there.
    • Classic One Bedroom Suite

No possibility to support second shower head (switcher was damaged).

European breakfast, metro station at the hotel, service in hotel.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2017

clean and nice hotel but too far from the airport
    • Premium Studio with Sea View

Good breakfast with traditional food.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2017

Overall good stay.
    • Premium Studio with Sea View

The shower in the studio premium is very small, even for a person with an athletic body.

Good overall service and nice bed.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2017

nice hotel, super service
    • Classic One Bedroom Suite

crowd of people on dinner

view from room

• Reviewed: May 22, 2016

Staff were really friendly, service excellent, amazing room...

The outdoor pool wasn't open until June which wasn't explained in the hotel's description. It was certainly warm enough to sunbathe during my stay in May - for Brits anyway.

Staff were really friendly, service excellent, amazing room - a great hotel!

• Reviewed: April 26, 2016

I liked the facilities and the comfort in the hotel.

The location of the hotel is not the best. Surroundings look ugly, and it is quite difficult to find the way to the hotel if you get there by metro. But you forget the mess around the building as soon as you enter into it, as it is an impressive well-architectured building. During breakfast I have noticed, there was a misalignment about my reservation. My reservation showed the breakfast was included, however hotel records showed otherwise, and wanted to charge me for breakfast. It took quite some time for them to figure out that their system actually had it wrong. However, eventually they have sorted it out. All in all, from my point of view, these were minor problems, and haven't made a big change on my overall impression of the hotel.

I liked the facilities and the comfort in the hotel. Hotel is new and rooms are nicely and thoughtfully designed. Bed was very comfortable. Cleanliness was very good and the staff was always very polite and attentive.We have experienced a small issue with the automatic curtain but it was immediately solved. I liked the variety of TV channels available and internet has worked without problems. Breakfast buffet was really good quality and I believe it is better than most breakfast of the similar hotels. Overall, I think it is a good hotel and worth for the money paid. I would consider to stay there again.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2016

Perfect place and my choice for all future visits to...

After booking, hotel offers you paid upgrade (which is awesome), but receptionists don't know about it and tell you that it's a payment for additional person.

Perfect place and my choice for all future visits to Istanbul. Clean, unique, post and perfectly located. Maltepe metro is in 5 minutes. Same as bus stop of E10, which goes to Sabiha.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2015

Excellent service, exeptional quality that exceeds my...

Excellent service, exeptional quality that exceeds my expectations. You can see that there is great attention to everything single detail to delight the guests.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2015

Responsiveness of staff

remote from Historical sites. Would help if the Hotel would provide more assistance to help in getting there easier. (metro plan, facilitate the purchase of metro tickets (it is not easy). In short, a desk for info on how to enjoy the city.

Responsiveness of staff

• Reviewed: October 10, 2015

Everything.

Everything..Location&View (Steps to the Metro St., Staff, The room itself and provided facilities, Decoration, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Fitness Center..and much more.

There are also 47 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Burgu Arjaan by Rotana Istanbul Asia Traveler Photo Gallery