Reviews of ByOtell Hotel Istanbul 5 stars

Saniye Ermutlu Sok. No:3 Kozyatağı Kadıköy, Kadikoy, 34742 Istanbul, Turkey

#565 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

Metro station is near but its still faaar from sightseeing places. Toilet fan wasnt working. No one is available to help in fitness club or Turkish bath so we didnt have one.

Staff are excellent Tayfun helped me in map and going to everywhere. Carrefour is near u can walk from metro to it. Breakfast is good. Kozyatagi station is just 1 min walk. McDo is 30 seconds walk. Room is very big and luxurious. Edwards Cafe is great and very friendly. I would come back for sure with my family but it's a little far from city centre.

• Double or Twin Room with One Way Airport Transfer

Ah, where to start. One of the worst hotels we have stayed in, me and my wife. I don’t even know how on earth this hotel is supposed to be 5 Stars ? 1- The people at the reception, especially Memet and Selim were both extremely rude and unprofessional. 2- The room was/is an absolute atrocity. The bathroom was full of mold, especially the bathtub. When we told them and even showed them, they got the guts to tell us “It’s normal.” ! The bed was full of hair, the chair had blood spots on them. The furnitures were all so broken and very old. When we asked for a cleaner room, both Memet and Selim told us in a rude way either we pay $714 for an upgrade or we stick to the dirty room. After 1 hour of arguing with them, they found another room...less dirty. This leaded me to think that it might be one of their ways to force you to upgrade and pay more. 3- The location is very far from all the main touristic places because it is located in ISTANBUL (ASIAN DISTRICT) and everything is in ISTANBUL (EUROPEAN DISTRICT). Bear in mind, it’s 1 hour either Taxi or even Uber drive. 4- No privacy at all in the rooms. We could hear everything from the rooms next to us. Even the door of the room doesn’t shut properly. 5- The WiFi is the worst ever. It constantly cuts every 10 seconds. So, if you are relying on their WiFi to either work or study, don’t bother. 6- The House Keeping Team entered our room without even letting us know even though, we had the “Do Not Disturb” sign hanging on our door. Thank God, they were at least honest people. Nothing was taken. Least but not last, when they saw us in the elevator, they noticed that the elevator was already full, despite all of it, they still squeezed inside with us along with their trash bags. On top of that, we were in a hurry but they got the guts to go on 2 more floors to pick up more trash bags. YES, SO MUCH FOR 5 STARS, right ??? 7- The Room Service “Person” delivered our food/drinks in jeans and a t-shirt.

The food was good, as we expected. The bed was comfortable even though it was a combination of twin beds. Bear in mind, we requested for either a King or Queen sized bed way before. The check-out was smooth and easy.

• Double or Twin Room

Not cheerful reception and impossibility to have just coffe and tea refilled everyday in room. Even after 5 days of asking. I didnt understand this, to have each day to ask again this. Nice undergound pool but a lot too much chlorine inside.

near metro, very clean, nice view, perfect housekeeping. The hotel is a little bit outside of the city but at 15 min to the center by metro.

Air conditioning wasn't working in both rooms we were staying with my colleague... This is absurd, hence the southern facing rooms, it was hot and if you open the door the noise from the nearby highway is awful.

Personal was always very kind and helpful. Good breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

I got stomach infection. Suspect that vegetables at breakfast were not washed properly. Please pay more attention to hygene. There was also some noise coming from the ventilation shaft 24/7.

Everything else was great

My experience in Byotell Hotel was beyond my expectation , the staff were perfect , Mr Tayfun in reception was so helpful and kind , he did so many things to help me and my family which was not his task , it was a great experience for me .

• Economy Single Room - 17 m²

I like everything. I had a great rest even in a business trip. I like SPA, gym and swimming pool very much. Also coffee lobby and restaurant in the hotel. You don't need to go somewhere if you are hungry.

• Double or Twin Room

The curtains in the room does not cover totally the the margins of the windows from the light in the morning, i love the complete dark to sleep. They kindly have fixed them better but it was not still enough . There is not the bidet in the bathroom. Only one international channel in the TV. The hall of the hotel is a little bit old. The breakfast in the hotel i did not like for the quality , but fortunately there is a good restaurant at the ground floor for breakfast or every meal with a very kind staff.

Excellent hotel for the very good price. There is everything you need. All the staff is always very kind and ready to help you. Perfect location in front of the metro. Excellent Gym and SPA and a very nice swimming pool indoor . Very comfortable room and comfortable mattress. Good restaurant at the ground floor for every meal. All the staff in the hotel always very kind. I felt like at home .

• Double or Twin Room

Room was smaller than expected. Housekeeping doesn’t clean your room until late morning/ early afternoon

the staff are friendly and the hotel is clean

• Double or Twin Room

İt was a bit cool and it took a lot of time to increase the temprature in the room

Staff was helpful, friendly rooms are biggr than average Breakfast menu was rich

• Double or Twin Room

The Edward's coffee was not the best experence I must confess, but this is not the hotels fault.

The best thing about this hotel probably is the location- the subway station taking you to Kadiköy is just 2 minutes walking away, and from Kadiköy you already have the whole city open for you. The hotel is just enough near to visit places and just enough far away from the main tourist crowd. I have stayed in this hotel 2 times this year and both have been a pleasant stay. It is a definite recommendation to my friends as well.

• Economy Single Room - 17 m²

First of all i requested Airport Pick up and no one was there, I had to make 3 calls to the Hotel and now one showed up claiming that I gave them wrong info. Second they gave me the worst room every near the stairs and a single bed in 1.5 meter room, which is different of what i saw on Pictures, i had to pay 30 Euros for upgrade and the larger room had no tissue, smelly bathroom and some light fixtures not working. i will never ever book this hotel again and will never use booking.com

Nothing I liked

Good location next to metro station - good connection to the other side of Bosphorus as well as in the opposite direction of Kadikoy (good area to eat and drink). My frequent choice in Istanbul. Very clean rooms, good wi-fi, nice breakfast. I recommend ByOtell to those who stay on the Asian side.

• Double or Twin Room

This is not actually a five-star hotel, I would give them 4*. But this doesn't make them worse. I would ask them to move dirty dishes somewhere out of breakfast area. This doesn't add appetite when you are eating.

Value for money, very good breakfast, perfect room service

• Economy Single Room - 17 m²

The rooms are so small,my bed was as small as a student mattress for the price I paid, definitely not worth the money they ask for. the front desk staff aren’t friendly. The WiFi was good. Communicating with the staff was a challenge due to the language barrier. On two occasions the housemaids didn’t clean my room well.

A bit too much of the outside noise entering the room even thoug the windows are closed

Clean. Good breakfast. Close to metro station. Comfortable bed.

• Economy Single Room - 17 m²

I don't recommend the economy single room, especially if you are staying for a longer period of time. It has only 1 tiny window that barely opens and that adds up to a claustrophobic feeling, with no lights on during daytime the room looks like a complete darkness more or less. Trash cans in the toilet are open all the time, so you just look at the garbage whenever you enter the bathroom. There are only a few people from the hotel staff that speak English. In most of the cases I talked, they just nod with no further response, or they speak to me in turkish which I don't understand. I think if you are working in a place where there are always tourists, people from abroad English would be a necessity.

Breakfast was nice, although I think more varities in the menu wouldn't hurt. The hotel is clean and there are helpful cleaning ladies that come in every day. There is a restoraunt an a coffee shop which offer nice beverages and meals. The hotel staff is generally attentive and helpful.

The check-in was hard and I was really much tired from the flight.

Easily got an extra child bed and early check-in. The room services staff was very friendly and quickly acting to my requests.

• Double or Twin Room

It was complicated to reach sultanhamet area (around 1 hour)

Swimming pool (careful from 11am to 3 pm only women can go), gym room, bedroom was clean and comfortable, nice view if you get a bedroom on a high floor, subway was close

• Double or Twin Room

Voice can be heard from other rooms, No english channels available which is a big drawback although they have a big led television

Clean tidy & marvelous

- Good (but not excellent) breakfast. As i understand, it's typical breakfast for all good hotels in Istanbul. - Room's good but a little small

The room size was booked 25 m. Unfortunately, they gave me room 18 m. I talked to them, did not do nothing. They told me 25 m including toilet. That was not correct. However, if they told me we don't have this size available right now, I would accept it.

Rate is good.

• Double or Twin Room

Water pressure was very bad. Near hotel was reasonable mobile antenna tower. I could not sleep very well while I was there and not sure it may be was due the tower.

it was near Metro and few shopping center.

The only problem is that for triple room. they were always giving the service of a double room. Although we told staff about this issue, they didn't care.

The breakfast was very good. Also the beds and bathroom were clean all the time. The access to city is really easy via Subway system just in front of hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Your cappuccinos are way too hot, I burned my mouth.

Fresh sheets and towels every day, a guy on the door offering snacks every morning, comfortable bed. Best sleep I have ever had in a hotel, cheers.

• Double or Twin Room

they forget to put toilet paper in the room. room doors are too close. Room walls are very thin and could be heard everything from the neighbour rooom

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Economy Single Room - 17 m²

I'm being picky here; but for a hotel to be 5-star everything that you see in your room should be spotless. The phone in my room had dirt on it. And so did some of the sections on the ceiling. it's bit difficult to miss them when you lie on your bed u stair at the ceiling and when u use the phone. It just gets on your nerves and you start questioning other things e.g. what if your bed is also like this?!

Clean bed and room.

The jacuzzi pool was very cold. Only 1 bottle of water is served in a 3 sleeper room. From time to time the wifi connection gets lost especially while using the smart tv.

The hotel rooms are very clean and beds are comfortable. There's a housekeeper available every day to do the beds and clean the rooms. Breakfast is just amazing. So much choices and it tastes so nice. Room service available 24 hours. If you're heading there for shopping, the hotel is a bit far from the Grand Bazaar (around 30 to 40 minutes by train). Staff are very friendly and helpful. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Istanbul.

• Double or Twin Room

lady staffs at the massage parlour were rather rude and refused to offer a bill upon payment (?) - never experienced this before - she also received a phone call in between a conversation

bed, view, room size offered good value for money - restaurant and breakfast facilities were superb - staffs at the reception were quite co-operative at all times

• Double or Twin Room

There is nothing I didn't like

Loved the paintings on the property...and the room decor of 312 was soo wonderful..loved the hues of blue gold and cream....

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

- The bathroom looked clean but it had hair from previous guests. (Just too many to ignore) - The receptionist lies. I had asked for a wake up call, I never got any. When I called back to check why was there no call he said he couldn't see my request in the resister. As I was checking out the same receptionist told me that the night sift receptionist had tried to call me but I hung up on him. Really? you just told me that there was no recored of it in the register and then you are telling me he had called but I hung up on him. Reality - there was no call as I was already awake much before the scheduled wake up call. The lie to your face instead of accepting their mistake and apologising for it. This causes major distrust. - No bell boy was offered to take my luggage upstairs. I felt like I was being discriminated as most Arab guests were being offered to take the luggage to the room. - It is TOO far from the city. If you want to do more touristy things (other than getting a hair transplant, which is what most guests were there for) then you might want to stay someplace more central.

The hotel is located very close to Kozyatagi Metro station, which was convenient. Mind you, Metro runs only till midnight. If you are late you'd pay almost 60 Lira for taxi.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

I've asked for one king size bed doing my booking. First we were sent to the room with 2 single beds, after I requested one king size bed, we were send to a room for the smokers. After second request we got the right room.

Very clean, good access to underground, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

No bar / alcohol.

Very good breakfast selection. Room was very spacious with two good sized beds. Free bottle of water every day. Tea & coffee facilities in room.

I had an amazing stay at this hotel. I was very comfortable during my stay and the beds are super comfortable and cosy. Also staff was very helpful and very professional. The hotel is in a great location where you can find 24/7 open delicious takeaway buffets at a reasonable price. The hotel also has a shopping centre opposite behind land which is a 7minute walking distance yet visable from the hotel. The hotel is very close to the metro station which is a 5minute walk. The cleaniseness and hygiene routines was also great, twice a day my room was cleaned and if I require anytime of the day too. The staff cleaners were very friendly and kind too. thank you ladies:) Again thank you for the stay by Otell.

• Double or Twin Room

cheese did not look like fresh, omlette and scrambled egg was available in the open buffet but in a five star hotel I would expect a cook preparing the omlette upon request.

walking distance to underground station, carrefour shopping mall, mc donalds and Canak Kebap, large variety of food for breakfast

Breakfast was definitely at a 2-star hotel level. Replenishment of breakfast food was terrible. Once pancake was finished, it was replenished by onion rings! Even the worse thing was that breakfast personnel was telling us wait for new pancakes...

Location was perfect for public transport Reception personnel were very helpful in resolving issues with regards to the room

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

I CAN NOT ANSVER WHY IT HAS NOT FELT ANY DISCOMFORT! EVERYTHING WAS WONDERFUL! THANKS A LOT!

I LIKE A LOT OF LIGHTING IN THE ROOM. I LIKE SOME FRUIT IN THE ROOM,

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel was very clean and staff are nice, room size is very good and considered large compared to other hotels, AC heating in the winter was perfect and city views from the top floors is very nice specially when raining. Breakfast is good too. You can take a taxi from the nearby taxi stoo to many areas like malls like optimum,akasya and kadikoy center from 15 -25 TL.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Economy Single Room - 17 m²

The room was cold even with air conditioning, there was some noise outside the room at noon.

I liked how responsive they were, I booked the room at 10:00 and it was ready at 12:00. Great costumer service. They all speak very good English.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I didn't like the jacuzzi temperature at the spa,it was cold for a jacuzzi also working hours for the pool,and the lobby is not working at all,but you have a coffe shop edwards across the street.

Everything was excelent.I traveled by car so they took my car in the undergroud garage safe and sound.Room was big with amazing view. Metro station is in front of the hotel so you can go anywhere in istanbul very cheap and fast with the subway

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Old Furniture. Safe can be opened if you put 000000 regardless of the password you put in some rooms.

Location was near the metro station. Near Carrefour

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Economy Single Room - 17 m²

Indoor pool is great. The room is comfortable, with alluring colours in the bathroom with soothing products, you feel like you are staying in one of the excellent neighborhoods. Staff is friendly, cafe has modern decoration and with various snacks and pastries.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

First of all although the location is not top I have chosen this hotel based on people review but many things went wrong unfortunately.. 1_ requesred bath robe tooth brushes while booking however was available at room ..was last day in Istanbul so we were on a hurry ..called twice in two occasions until the same was provided also think pillow was requested while booking and while checking in and didn't come until several calls 2_ AC was not working called 3 times until it was fixed 3 _ the two girls at spa are not professional they made fun of my wife and asked me if she is a man or women and they laughed also we didn't get assistance there ..wife wanted disposal swimming suit but was ignored..the girls were chatting and laughing and didn't give us attention 3 _ in the beauty saloon no one speak English hence we could not use it

The room is good and comfortable ..I am sure the hotel is very goof however staff are the one who make differnece

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

The bed was very comfortable, vale service, each morning i even got the daily paper in my room. The service and details are excellent. Also the location bearby the subway and the financial district.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

First - When I've booked my room I've made requests for double bed etc. On arrival this was disregard and room with single beds were presented - I had request again that this is not the case as per my booking and confirmation with the hotel received. It is unacceptable for a 5-star hotel. Front desk staff is there the assist, could not say that I've received this from all of the staff. Spa facilities great but serious fresh air should be circulated down there as the hot and humid conditions are not acceptable. No English TV Channel for guests other than Turkey, this should not be the case and not within International Standards.

Hotel central on Metro route and easy access to rest of Istanbul - Rooms spacious and excellent air conditioning for hot summer days. Internet great. Room Cleaning Staff excellent and very helpfull and friendly - Thank you very much.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

There was absolutely nothing we didn't like. Our stay was smooth and pleasant. We truly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Istanbul.

We are regular travelers to Istanbul and with all honesty, this is the BEST hotel we have stayed in so far. It has excellent location with Metro station, restaurants and a shopping mall at a stone throw's away. The best part was the good-size room with a beautiful decor, new furniture, crisp clean sheets and super comfortable bed. The views from the 8th floor were spectacular too. It made us feel at home. The hotel staff spoke English, they were always helpful and professional. The hotel is very clean and it has a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere for a city hotel. Whenever we go to Istanbul, we will only use this hotel from now on.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

while you in the room you will hear many sounds , you can hear the people outside the room , and the people outside the room can hear the people inside the room so you feel that there is no doors :) and you can hear any one using the path or wc around your room very loudly

the location is very good you need to walk just 1 min to reach the metro the breakfast is very good too

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Great location - right next to the main metro station and away from the busy high streets of Istanbul. Lots of facilities, restaurants and cafes surround to hotel. It's ideal for a business trip.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Economy Single Room - 17 m²

Breakfast: the scrambled eggs (called 'milk eggs') and the omelettes could be improved substantially. There is only one - perhaps two - fruit juices on offer (Orange). I find this odd considering there is such an abundant supply of very high quality fruit readily available in Istanbul. The coffee in the restaurant's machines tastes like Nescafe. The location is not one which lends itself to enjoyable walks in the neighbourhood. For that you'll need to take public transport or a taxi to other parts of Kadikoy.

The room I had on the 10th floor was very comfortable. Neat, spotlessly clean and has everything guests could want. Spacious bathroom and nice shower. Staff were friendly and at reception, very helpful. Room service was very good. Dinners excellent.

Everything, the worst ever

• Double or Twin Room with One Way Airport Transfer

I mostly prefer byotell. Location is perfect, close to metro station and the value for money is very good. Clean rooms and perfect breakfast.

Shower, lift

Coffee in the lobby

No alcohol service !

Good location, near the subway. Comfortable beds.

• Double or Twin Room

Not many hot dishes at breakfast

One of my colleagues got triple room with 3 beds instead of double with 1 bed

• Economy Single Room - 17 m²

Breakfast and internet is very slow TV channels less options

The rate was good and hotel facilities are great

Price very attractive

• Double or Twin Room

Cafeteria/restaurant is a bit over priced.

Great hotel! Convenient location, extremely clean, quiet, comfortable rooms.

Location is too far from Istanbul

• Double or Twin Room

Amazing service, value for money services, quiet rooms

New built modren touch n facilities

• Double or Twin Room

Close to many restaurants and all services around area.

• Double or Twin Room

No alcohol served. Would have nice to know this when selecting the hotel. No places nearby either to get even a beer

• Double or Twin Room

Good location near metro station,comfortable bed,nice swimming pool

Lots

Pillow

Clean

Wi-fi is a bit slow.

Nice stay overall, helpful staff. Good breakfast.

• Economy Single Room - 17 m²

noise insulation, could hear neighbor's shower

bed was excellent

Payment in advace

Breakfast, indoor pool

Staff were very accommodating

Every thing.

The location of the hotel was very good, its closed to markets and mall of Palladuim, and other souq.

1 bedroom out at the corner

Compare to other hotel chains this is the best hotel. Some complimentary fruit so nice.

Not a lot of light

Cozy, clean large bathroom and nice breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

Air condition/heating, a lot of noises, sound insulation

Room capacity