Reviews of Cappadocia Cave Suites

Gafferli Mah. Ünlü Sok. No: 19, 50180 Goreme, Turkey

#76 of 138 hotels in Goreme

Pleasure stay and given a chance will go again
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

Rooms curtain did not have black out curtains -so you get up early even if you want to sleep late

Beautiful location and view - very comfortable rooms and good breakfast and beautiful terrace

Location was good.
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

We requested double bed, but they put 2 single beds together and we kept falling into the gap between. Gym would have been nice.

Location was good....room was nice and it looked like u r in the cave...hadd little kitchenette...spacious bathroom...wifi was good...breakfast was really nice with a nice view

Nice place to stay in cappadocia.
    • Fairy Chimney Suite II

When i booked it was fully available. So i expect a better room. The room was allaoted was not the best one in that category. This is proved as when i complaint then they aggree to move me in another type of room. It was ok for me, can be more fair.

They listened to my request.

Good value for money
    • Fairy Chimney Suite I

was expensive with little facilities in the room. tour packages were available from hotel but we're charging much higher than market rates.

good location. good big size comfortable room.

Unique cave accommodation

What I don't like? Nothing that I can think of

It's a unique experience to stay in "caves", rooms are clean, it's was cooling despite the summer season, the room that I took provides jacuzzi for 2 even! Breakfast was ample and all in all it's a very good stay...

The hotel was helpful in changing the booking at last minute.
    • Cappadocian Deluxe I

The room air conditioning is very weak. We asked for fan but not provided even after a couple of reminders.

The hotel was helpful in changing the booking at last minute.

This hotel is very close to center of the city.
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

This hotel is very close to center of the city. Just 1.5 kms to Goreme open air museum and just 5 minutes to Bus station .Close to many restuarants and minimarts. The staff is very helpful also.

The location was great and it was fun to sleep in a proper...
    • Fairy Chimney Suite II

The room was smaller than it seemed in the photo online and also the jaccuzzi bath was not working. It was also a big shame to find that their hamam/spa facilities were also closed. A little expensive for what it was.

The location was great and it was fun to sleep in a proper "cave" room.

I must say the staff are a big let down for the otherwise...

I must say the staff are a big let down for the otherwise wonderful hotel facilities and location. Helping guests or interacting with them seemed a real struggle for them. The rooms weren't cleaned when we came back after a busy day at 5pm. The breakfast was very average and generally rather dis-organised..

Wonderful - exceeded expectations
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

No full shower in the room

We highly recommend this establishment - we had a wonderful time & found all staff and the owner went the extra mile & were very friendly

Excellent! Absolutely beautiful accommodation.
    • Cappadocian Deluxe I

Beautiful setting! Rooms were unusual, well presented, clean and beds very comfy! Amazing terrace areas with incredible views. Staff were all friendly and accommodating and organised all our transfers for us.

Overall, this is a nice hotel but could be better
    • Cappadocian Deluxe I

The room was too hot, particularly one night when the heating was left on all night (there was no control for the heating in the room itself, it was controlled centrally). Wi-fi was very unreliable and often dropped out. We had to keep asking for extra water, the supply provided was never restocked automatically. The 3rd bed they had added in the room was far too small and uncomfortable.

The staff were very friendly, great breakfast, perfect location

Loved the layout of the hotel & its just a downhill walk...

There was a disconnect about the size of the suites that we booked online and the actual size, they eventually fixed it for us but there should be more clarity.

Loved the layout of the hotel & its just a downhill walk to the center (Goreme), the breakfast is pretty decent. The borek & vanilla latte is highly recommended. The staff is friendly and helpful! Beautiful viewpoints for hot air balloon sighting in the hotel itself!

Average stay in Cappadocia
    • Fairy Chimney Suite II

Heaters in the room were not working and it’s centralized. It was very cold to sleep at night on the first day. Staff was late in responding to our request for electric heater and iron. The hotel did not have a fantastic area of the hot air balloon. The sunrise is facing the hotel so pictures are a bit dark.

The Chimney Suite which was very spacious. Breakfast was fantastic with various choices.

A nice and comfortable stay
    • Cappadocian Deluxe I

I will prefer to have shower cubicle instead of the jacuzzi bath tub

The location is perfect near main square of Goreme where there are a few good restaurants

The view was amazing
    • Fairy Chimney Suite I

The heater was not working properly on the third night.

Quick response of service, good choice of food, the view and also rooftop terrace so so beautiful.. you need to ask them first the night before to set up the table to make sure.

Overall. We comfortable with the services.
    • Cappadocian Deluxe I

Room wasn't cleaning till afternoon. We have to call.Sitting area outside the balcony wasn't clean. Not suitable to sit down and relaxing under the sun in the morning because it's dirty.

I love the view from the room window. I can see hot air ballon flying just from my room. The staffs are super friendly.

Loving the place, Loving the stay
    • Fairy Chimney Suite II

The cave hotel itself is already different and special that forms part of the culture in Goreme. The room we had is quite spacious and we had a mini bar in the second bedroom. Location is perfect, it is right in the centre of the town that you are close to all the restaurant and tour companies. The stuff are very friendly too, and very help with our enquiries with the tours that we wish to take.

Very good location 3 minute walk to the main shopping...

Nothing major worth mentioning

Very good location 3 minute walk to the main shopping streets of Goreme town, hotel staff are very friendly and helpful, and especially Ms Tugce, she was very friendly and has helped us in many tourist, balloon and flight bookings and arrangements with a smile.

Awesome place to stay!
    • Fairy Chimney Suite II

The hallways had a lot of stairs, if you’re traveling with older people it could be an issue.

The rooms and views were amazing. Book a fairy chimney suite and ask for firewood to get your room cozy.

Traditional elegance backed up with equally impressive service
    • Cappadocian Deluxe I

Everything about this place was excellent. The service, the room, the location, the welcome and assistance by all staff. They really made out trip easy and arranged anything we wanted. The room felt like a little bit of old style Anatolian luxury. Loved it.

cosy rooms helpful reception cave feeling .
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

food below par. . tours a bit costly than other operators. better to choose from downtown. rooms pics vary than the actual room in some cases.

the reeception lady ms gul and another one ( forgot her name...sorry) were very helpful. the manager was a bit rude. the free upgrade provided to us to the fairy chimney suite 1 was too awesome. the restaurant was below par

Awkward using the bathroom during the night.
    • Cappadocian Deluxe I

Steps down to the toilet - which was on a lower level from the bedroom were steep and winding and worrying in the dark. Also a bit off a hidden step from where the bed was to top of stairs.

Good breakfast.

Beautiful, warm and cosy cave suite in winter
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

Winter isn’t the best time to go for the hot air balloon rides- ours was cancelled twice due to weather and we didn’t get to do it! But this was nothing to do with the hotel itself.

Lovely cave suite, beautifully decorated. Very warm for Winter. Hot tub in the bathroom was a nice touch!

Property is beautiful, customer service needs work.
    • Fairy Chimney Suite II

I'm sad to write my first negative review. Somehow the staff at the front desk always seems unfriendly. The host at the restaurant as well. He denied taking a photo for our family because he said he was not very good and did not offer someone else to help us. I will not fault him for this, but there was no smile, nothing. I know the Director has chalked up their cold indifference as "professionalism" and rebuked others for saying that his staff is unfriendly and robotic. I beg to differ. I have met many warm locals and made new friends in Cappadocia. What this place lacks is that extra mile of service, just people going about their daily jobs. For our 5 nights, we booked the fairy chimney suite because of the large space and the fact that it had a sauna but the hot water tap was not working. The staff offered us a much smaller room which we denied because of the original price we paid. They said they will look into fixing the tap on the first and second day we asked, but nobody updated us even until our last day. The floors are also perpetually sandy and requires a good vacuuming. On the last day, they forgot to book our transfer to the airport but made a quick save at the last minute when they found a van that could take us. We were also charged for beverages we did not use in the room and we had to explain that they were ours before the charge was reversed. FYI: The breakfast seating with cushions on the terrace is closed during the winter season, as the staff explained to us, so if you liked the pictures you saw on their instagram, sorry it is not available.

It was close to Goreme City Centre for shopping, dining & booking of tours around the region. I liked the ambience and decor of the place and I can tell that the owner took great pride in setting it up. It is a beautiful property. I would like to commend the housekeeping crew who were a friendly and sweet bunch of ladies.

Great stay!
    • Cappadocian Deluxe I

Hot tap on the Jacuzzi tub was broken but it's a minor point.

Our room was comfortable with very good size. The weather outside was very cold during our visit but the room stayed warm throughout. Comfortable bed, friendly staffs and excellent location

Great hotel, but I wish they would maintain it better.
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

There was a bad drain smell in the room. How difficult is it to put some drain cleaner every now an then? There were several long hairs of previous guests. The drain smell filled the room and it was particularly bad after using the kitchenette.

The location was good.

Wonderful stay
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

It’s a lovely place to spend a few days and the interiors of the rooms are adorable and well thought of. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and will even help to book the hot air balloon ride as well as other city tours at competitive prices. The food was good too I only tried the breakfast. If I do return I will stay at this property again 😀

Liked the rooms
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

I had an afternoon bus for the airport so I requested for an extra hour for check out which is a benefit for genius member of booking.com,but was told no.

Everything was nice

Had a great stay, staff was very accommodating in giving me...
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

Had a great stay, staff was very accommodating in giving me a quite room as i stayed longer. Very helpful in organising tours and things to do in the city and efficient in booking shuttle busses to and from airport without a fuss. Room was very spacious and with heating etc you didn't even know it was -5 outside. Restaurant on the premises have a great selection and was tasty. Great little patios everywhere to relax and enjoy the city. Excellent location as most of the tours pick you up from your accommodation and walking to the main street takes less than 5min.

Nice cappadocia experience in cave room
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

- Not all lights are working - open power cables - bathtub was broken. - lot of dust in room

- Really nice location in the middle of cappadocia. - beautiful rooms - nice hotel staff - excellent breakfast

Nice hotel, but overpriced for what you get compared to other ones in Cappadocia.
    • Fairy Chimney Suite I

There were pieces of plastic wrapping from previous guests on the floor, which means the room wasn’t thoroughly cleaned. The heat was set too high and we had no way of controlling it. The breakfast left a lot to be desired.

The location and the view were really good. The room was very big as well.

No recommend it.
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

Stuff not smiling , not collaborator and not nice to talk with them. some facilities close most of the year they are not showing that in Description of the hotel on Booking.com, the room it’s not like a cave, the are alote of stairs to reach your room no elevator no one could help you to take your luggage to room.

Location and breakfast

Lovely Cave Suite in Cappadocia
    • Cappadocian Deluxe I

We enjoyed our stay so much in Cappadocia Cave Suites. We were upgraded to their suites with jacuzzi, the suite is awesome with fireplace and nice seating area for you to enjoy a great cuppa of Nespresso after a long day of tour. Don't miss their breaktaking rooftop panoramic view of Goreme especially in the morning you will be able to catch the sight of hotair balloons sailing over Cappadocia!

Nice place to stay but need housekeeping improvement...
    • Fairy Chimney Suite II

Housekeeping on the toilet is poor. Also no vacuum cleaning done on the room floor. Food quality during dinner can be improved as well. But breakfast is worth.

The design is amazing. Restaurant terrace and balconies are best spot for sunset and photography.

Very nice location, great terrace for breakfast
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

I thought I booked a cave room but it turned out an 'arch room', which means it was built next to a cave. To me it was quite a big difference - I think when booking, even if the price is the same, there should be an option to choose whether you want an arch or cave (I was sure I was booking a cave so I didnt bother to put it in my request) Watch out when booking airport transfer - mine was dedicated to 2 flights and since the 2nd one was delayed, I spent 1.5h waiting on the airport till I could go to the hotel (transfer is for many hotels, not just this one)

Very nice location, great terrace for breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Nice & Cosy cave hotel, very very quiet!!!

not much!

Quiet room, cannot hear a thing! Very friendly staff and good location of the hotel! Classic cave hotel, has everything you dreamed of for Goreme!

Beautiful place, very nice room, excellent location.
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

The staff was not friendly and only moderately helpful. I'm not sure if language was a reason. For example, they didn't offer much information upon arrival, and when telephone in room wasn't working they didn't come give us an important message about balloon cancellation.

Beautiful place, very nice room, excellent location.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Gorgeous rooms and top-notch staff make this a luxurious stay in Cappadocia!

Wifi was a bit spotty on occasion, but we were there during heavy snow, so that might have been the issue.

The staff and customer relations was excellent! Everyone was helpful and went out of their way to make our stay a great one. From the restaurant staff to front desk, we were impressed by the friendly, warm, and helpful employees! The rooms were STUNNING and so comfortable--heated stone floors, gorgeously decorated rooms--we felt like we were at a top resort! Also, attention to detail was amazing. They had 2 clean and comfortable toddler beds set up for our toddlers without even being asked! We will definitely return.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Gorgeous Property, Excellent Value; One or Two Caveats
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

We were charged 91 dollars for laundry- we thought this was in Lira-it was not clearly stated. The staff were efficient, but not especially friendly. It depends how you want to travel, but we did not esp. enjoy the tours-they were pretty standard regardless of hotel, but involved being given long sales pitches by carpet and pottery sellers. We would recommend car hire instead as the roads were safe and easy to navigate.

The property was beautiful, excellent value for money and exceeded our expectations generally

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Fairytale Cave Hotel
    • Fairy Chimney Suite I

Everything was perfect. Just when check out they said the ATM matchine is not working and only cash acceptable.

The hotel is very nice, like a cave. The staff are very very firiendly and helpful. I asked to change my suit to a balcony one and they helped me alot. They made booking to Turkish nights with driver. The can arrange Ballon trips too.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Recommended stay :)
    • Cappadocian Deluxe I

The guide suggested by the hotel was not the best. She took us to a lot of shopping places and seemed more interested in those than giving us the tour of Cappadocia. I can understand why she was doing that, but it was not fun for us.

Everything was great and it's well recommended. We enjoyed our stay. Some of the rooms have an awesome view, (room 301) Next time we will reserve the specific room.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Real cave room with short ceiling
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

Same as most turkish hotels there was no tissue in the room.

Room design, helpful staff, facilities and cleanness, location is perfect. A real sense of a cave suite.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Unphased by Cappadocia Cave Suites
    • Cappadocian Deluxe I

I was disappointed in this supposedly high-rated hotel. Have stayed elsewhere and thought I would go for the ratings, but regret it. I spoke to the staff twice - at check-in and check-out and with no warm smile or pleasant greeting. This was my 5th stay in Cappadocia and first at this hotel. Other than great location, I don't know what all the hype is about regarding this place. I felt they were unphased by our presence, and have been treated like a true guest at other hotels in Goreme. I booked a room with two twin beds and was given a one-bed accommodation. When I asked about it, I was told there are "NO rooms with two beds in them at this hotel". I told the woman that it was advertised on Booking that way and I paid extra for two beds. Our room was in the lower area of the hotel and near a door which accesses an alley on the outside of the hotel. On the first night a man walked through the door and looked into my window. I had closed the door to this alley and in the morning it was open. Originally, my teen son was coming with me and my daughter, but he didn't. The bathroom had no door, which would have been awkward for a teen boy, his mother and teen sister sharing the same space. The hotel SHOULD relay this ahead of time. They advertise parking, but if you park in the spaces in front of the hotel or across from the entrance, you are stuck in the morning, as numerous cars block you in. I had to wait until someone moved their vehicle before I could pull out of the space. The second night, I parked down the street so I would not get stuck again. There are no signs designated for hotel guests, or any staff assisting in keeping your car from being blocked.

Great location to walk to the center of town, walk up the hill to view the sunrise or sunset, or even jump on the main road by car. Our room had a wet bar with a sink and free wi-fi is alway a bonus. Breakfast was satisfactory, as free breakfast goes in this area.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Cappadocia!!
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

The prices for the balloons and other excursions were higher than in other places. Better to try and search in other places.

Everything. The place was amazing, near the city center, amazing value for the money and hot greeting with pleasant people and staff. The breakfast was GREAT!!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Beautiful property built right into the natural surroundings
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

Some front desk staff spoke limited English. Even then they tried hard to help.

A beautiful property with a terrific breakfast, very helpful staff and elegant suites. Extremely clean

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Location, room, staff
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

Some of the rooms are located in lower floors like i stayed. Similar rooms have limited View. Nonetheless, the hotel is very nice...

Location, room, staff

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

A beautiful stay
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

The room had only 1 charging outlet .. Which became an inconvenience for us as travellers these days have many electronic devices.. A simple extension with ample points would have solved the problem.

The place is wonderful with a great view. You can see the hot air balloons landing right from the hotel. The breakfast was great and the staff courteous.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Great place to stay, close to town, very nice touches inside and friendly staff
    • Fairy Chimney Suite I

Dinner took a long time as it seemed they were understaffed eventhough only 3 or 4 families were dining.

Very friendly staff. Made reservation for tours as we requested and also suggested and made booking for testi kebab which was a treat and within walking distance. Very nice touches in the rooms. My wife forgot her shades when we left and they have shipped it to us in Istanbul.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Almost Perfect
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

A lovely hotel that has a very good stuff that makes you feel like at home and they was all very kind, other than that the hotel placed in such a great viewpoint that you can watch capadoccia

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Excellent hotel with great location and comfort .

Breakfast variety need to be increased , Specially for younger kids .

Cleanness of hotal has been excellent , staff was very cooperative , especially the Manager Mr Ercan was very humble and have managed our stay very professionally . Overall we enjoyed our stay a lot .

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Simply awesome . We were four family members stay one
    • Fairy Chimney Suite I

Nothing like that . Friendly speaking everything was excellent and provided timely. Particularly I would like to mention about Mr Ercan and team , simply excellent . Yes a bit costly. But comfort invites cost.

Everything in the room found excellent and good take care timely.

Location and the facilities

Location and the facilities

The staffs were helpful and the hotel was so clean .

The location is perfect.

Amazing staff and amazing place. I loved the atmosphere.

The ambiance the serenity was awesome!

No so clean.
    • Cappadocian Deluxe I

No so clean. Glass was found with lipstick. Bath tub was filthy.

Good and value for money

Nil

Good, clean and comfortable

Poor service

Very poor service

The room view was amazing

NA

The room view was amazing

The view from the terrace is incredible and the staff is...
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

The view from the terrace is incredible and the staff is very helpful

Great location and beautiful views.
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

Great location and beautiful views. Room was clean and tidy with all amenities. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

Great place to stay in Goreme
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

Very central with a good view of the balloons. Room was great and loved our stay

It had a beautiful location and the rooms built inside the...

It had a beautiful location and the rooms built inside the caves was quite simply fascinating

Staff behaviour, cleaniness n lication

All is well but the extra bedding in not comfortable

Staff behaviour, cleaniness n lication

Good place to stay . With nice staff nd tours and food .

Nothing such

Rooms and location nd food

Rooms and location including staff

Rooms and location including staff

Awsome stay at cave suit.

Breakfast very little.

Cave was very good specially the heater which was working from the floor really great experience.

The rooms are sooooo nice, so beautiful and authentic.
    • Cappadocian Deluxe I

The breakfast could be more authentic.

The rooms are sooooo nice, so beautiful and authentic. The shower is very good too.

Location and spacious rooms.
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

Location and spacious rooms. Peace and quiet. Street shops close by.

Location, very quiet and peaceful, nice cave and stone rooms

Location, very quiet and peaceful, nice cave and stone rooms

It was unforgetable!
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

The people were really nice and helpful

Highly recommended hotel

We loved Cappadocia Cave Suites hotel and staff... Highly recommended hotel

It was good, smaller than what it looked like in the pictures.
    • Cappadocian Deluxe II

Stairs and no one helped with our luggages

• Cappadocian Deluxe II

We loved the place and the service we got 😃👍
    • Fairy Chimney Suite I

Restaurant closes early. It should remain open round the clock or by midnight at least.

Almost everything 😃