Reviews of Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul

Kucukayasofya Cad. Kapiagasi Sokak No:5 Sultanahmet, Fatih, 34400 Istanbul, Turkey

#59 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

9.7

9.8

9.9

• Double or Twin Room

Bed was so comfy. Beautiful traditional Turkish interior. Friendly, helpful staff. Wonderful location (Old Town) All historical monuments within easy walking distance.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was lovely, however the location can be a bit noisy especially early hours in the morning. If you’re a light sleeper like I am the noise outside of the hotel is quite intrusive. The view of sea makes up for it though x

Lovely lovely hotel and lovely staff who always went out of their way to make us feel at home away from home

• Economy Room

The staff was very friendly and attentive throughout my brief stay. My small room had everything I needed and the breakfast buffet was excellent. Highly recommended!

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing in particular. Overall it was a good experience for us.

Very convenient location and some of the major must see sites were at walking distance. For others, public transport was not very far. Found all staff members to be very polite, helpful and smiling.

• Economy Room

There was nothing I didn't enjoy. The top floor has an open deck where breakfast is served and which is open till 11 PM. The view is spectacular and the deck offers a tranquil space at the end of full day.

The staff was absolutely wonderful. They were so accommodating and worked hard so that we could have exactly the type of Istanbul experience we wanted. I cannot say enough positive things about the staff.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Economy Room

I am not a breakfast eater and that was the only meal possible at an extra cost. The cost was high however.

Friendly staff and close to many attractions.

• Economy Room

The hotel is simply charming. The moment we arrived we were served hot and aromatic tea with sweet candy while the manager (super nice Ozan) was registering us. The room was lovely, with sea view. Breakfast is served at the top floor, with balcony, overlooking sea and with the spectacular view of the Blue Mosque. Location is simply perfect, minutes away from EVERYTHING. Also, always use their kind help with booking taxis - they have long-term and trust-based recommendations. Overall, super!

It was so quiet for a person from New York City

To be honest, liked everything, the location of the Hotel is amazing just a few steps from the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, the Basilica cistern and Topkapi palace And the staff there is very polite, courteous and most helpful, I enjoyed my stay there and I be back there next year

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

niente

I accidentally booked Desraeet Htl following Tripadvisor excellent reported comments. I can only stress and confirm that everything was simply but perfect, location is fantastic, staff is extremely kind, professional and lets you feel not a customer but a guest, room cleanliness is at higher level; furniture, atmosphere is more than agreeable, breakfast quality and quantity is excellent again. I can only recommend and invite other customers to test this small but perfect hotel, 100% you will not be disappointed

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The location is great for seeing the old city. The staff were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Language skills were excellent, and they helped with a customs problem I was having by ringing on my behalf and acting as translators. Breakfast is superb, and the view from the terrace breakfast room over the sea to Asia is lovely. From the side of the terrace, you can see the Blue Mosque.

• Economy Room

Super firendly and helpful staff

Everything , especially breakfast 😀😀😀

• Double or Twin Room

Small room, lack of air conditioning

Nice staff, clean, good location to Blue Mosque area.

Having to leave so soon

Hotel Dersaadet met and exceeded my every expectation for my introductory visit to Istanbul

• Double or Twin Room

Very friendly staff, very helpful. Excellent location. Enjoyed our stay and felt welcomed.

• Double or Twin Room

Terrace breakfast. Cute elevator was a nice touch.

All good.

Very attractive, small hotel with friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Economy Room

Very nice and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Water temperature was a little cool for the bath.

Excellent location and very frendly staff.

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

The staff was incredible! I LOVED being received by concierge and getting apple tea & lokum upon my arrival. I loved my room and my view even from the first floor was good. The breakfast was delicious and I loved being able to see through blue mosque from my table.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

Double bed -- comfy but, well, small. We could/should have requested another room/bed-type.

BEST location -- walkable to many of Istanbul's most famous sites/sights and public transportation stops and quiet side street neighborhood location. Convenience store/ATM kiosk nearby. BEST staff -- courteous, friendly, helpful, and highest service ethic. Sounds of Istanbul all around: seagulls, cats, dogs, prayer calls, rumbling of vendor carts... not vehicular noise. Breakfast buffet annotated with descriptions of Turkish food items (for example, tahini/grape molasses spread) -- a nice cultural education experience. Not fancy but genuine hospitality!

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

The breakfast is basic , i missed fresh fruit or even pieces of fruit

The staff is very profesional,friendly fantastic and also the location close to every "must" of the city.The outstanding views from the terrace having breakfast

• Reviewed: 24 February 2016

Leaving wanted to stay longer

we turned up late after a very long and delayed from flight. We had a wonderful welcome of tea and turkish delight. The room was lovely and cosy,breakfast was excellent and served on the top floor overlooking the sea. Had a lovely time can't wait to go back

• Reviewed: 20 January 2016

I expected the bed to be of high quality to match the penthouse suite. The bed was very uncomfortable preventing a relaxing nights sleep.

Welcome on arrival was great.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Everything was perfect - such a great place, love the breakfast on the balcony, and the recommendations for restaurants nearby. The hotel staff were very kind, and it was easy to walk around the city from this spot. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

The WiFi was a bit slow, and the rooms were a bit small. Breakfast was ok, but nothing special. These are all small points, the overall experience was very good.

Staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. It snowed while we were there and we didn't fancy heading out for dinner some nights and they arranged takeout to be delivered to the room, complete with cutlery etc. It was a really nice touch. They also arranged sandwiches for us in the morning our last day since we would miss breakfast. Nothing seemed like too much trouble for them.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2015

It's sad that the American media as well as others have regarded Istanbul, and Turkey in general, as dangerous extremist targets. Don't believe it. Extremists are not going to change this progressive city. Istanbul is alive with ideas, culture, food, history and art!

I've traveled to many countries and met many staff members, but the people at Dersaadet have to be the kindest individuals I have ever met. The service, the ambience, the food, the price, and the location are Perfect 10's! Do not go anywhere else!

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

Beautiful little gem of a hotel in a traditional wood 3-story house. The location was excellent, and the place gorgeous. Rooftop breakfast area with great views of Bosporus and Blue Mosque. Enjoyed talking to staff - felt like home after a couple of days!

• Reviewed: 30 October 2015

Rooms a bit cramped and stuffy. Hard to find and access by taxi.

Handsomely appointed boutique hotel with pleasant, helpful staff. Comfortable bedding, nice bathrooms, international TV channels, decent wifi. Great terrace breakfast with sunrise views of the Bosphorus. Very convenient to the historic sites and restaurants in Sultanahmet neighborhood

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

The breakfast started only at 8.00, which is a bit unusual for a hotel. At 7.00 would have been much more convenient. The room was a little bit worn (with wallpaper peeling off in one spot).

The location was very convenient. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. The rooftop terrace offered terrific views.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

The staff was wonderful and the location was perfect. We walked to all of the major attractions and very good restaurants. The terrace was beautiful, for cocktails and for breakfast. Our room was lovely, very clean and the bathroom, with delightfully packaged products, was wonderful. We lacked nothing. The staff looked after us with great kindness.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

room kinda small,but I can understand it cos its location.

location is good(near the tourist interests and tram station) and the reception counter is helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

This hotel is a treat. The staff are wonderfully friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. Situated in a quaint wooden historical building in a relatively quiet street, this hotel is a great introduction to Istanbul and all the delights this city has to offer. We would definitely recommend it to other travellers.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

Leaving...

We found this hotel on the booking.com, and were struck by the glowing reviews. Having just spent 5 nights there we completely agree! Hotel Dersaadet is well located for visiting Istanbul, in Sultanahmet, 5 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque, which can also be seen from the rooftop terrace. The rooms are well appointed with comfortable beds, plenty of storage and a safe. It is good value for such a central hotel. The real joy of the Hotel Dersaadet is the staff - they are all, without exception, friendly, welcoming, and very helpful. Before arriving I had exchanged several emails with Ilhan, who always replied promptly, answering all my questions. He arranged museum cards and an Istanbul card (for the trams) before we arrived. On reception Ilhan and Onur were charming and friendly, making recommendations, giving advice, booking restaurants etc. Mehmet and Murat were also attentive, Murat in particular with our regular late afternoon rooftop bar order of 2 chilled Efes beers and some nuts - also bringing us games and advising on backgammon moves! The housekeeping staff were friendly and efficient. I hope we will visit Istanbul again, and if we do we won't need to research hotels as we know exactly where we'll stay!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2015

My family and I could not sleep well due to (1) seagulls (2) lack of blackout curtains (3) manager's barking dog (be careful not to step on it) and (4) noise from building works nearby. You need to take the above into account in deciding whether you can sleep well - in addition to the hotel's proximity to the Blue Mosque.

Booked this hotel for 4 nights. Service was very good, although I wished that they did not insist on forfeiting one night's rate when I had to change hotels due to the entire family's inability to sleep well. This was in spite of my offer to compromise by staying for my 2nd night (i.e. cancel only my 3rd and 4th night). Disappointing.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2015

Parking is a little bit problem.Administration cant do so much about it since its oldtown. you can park if you turn around 5min. Also there is parking area 200mt away 5-6€/day.

Hotel administration is very well. Staff is very respectful&helpful. Clean, nice decorated hotel is 5 min away from Sultanahmet mosque square by walk.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2015

Nothing - everything was perfect for us

The service even before we arrived was considerate and welcoming. The rooms were lovely and homely and the hotel is is situated perfectly in a lovely corner of Istanbul with lovely views of the mosques and the Bosphorus

• Reviewed: 1 February 2015

All the staff were very welcoming and friendly. Very good breakfast including delicious home baked breads and pastries, and all this overlooking a fabulous view of the water and the Blue Mosque. Very comfortable, clean room with individual style. Forget the four seasons- stay here!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2015

Tiny shower, slow wi-fi

The staff here is so kind and helpful that it is difficult to find fault with the property. My wife and I spent six nights in December 2014 and enjoyed our stay. Yes, it's an old building and not well sound-proofed. You can hear people in other rooms. You will hear dogs barking at night. And of course as there are mosques all around, you will hear the adhan. I wear ear plugs and was quite frankly not bothered by any of this. More troublesome was the shower, a vertical coffin in which there was little room to do anything but turn around. Water pressure and temperature were adequate. The room was clean and well maintained and there was adequate heating in winter. Wi-fi is a bit slow but always available. There are a couple of small groceries within a block, one right across the street from the hotel, so no need to depend on the minibar or the cafe. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. The highlight of the hotel is the staff, every last one of them, who always had a kind word and a smile and who were always wiling to provide information about getting around the city, and looking it up for you when they didn't have an answer to hand. Bravo to management for finding such wonderful people. They all deserve a raise!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2015

In this small, charming hotel in the heart of the old city, I spent 4 days. The hotel is conveniently located near the Sultanahmet mosque, Hagia Sophia, Basilica cistern and many other attractions. About this hotel I can say the following: very friendly and helpful staff, who responded to every question and was ready to give any advice about attractions, places where you can eat and other things. The room was permanently removed, and it was done gently and quietly. The hotel itself and rooms are decorated in retro style, but equipped with air conditioning, flat screen TV and free Wi-Fi. The restaurant offers a wonderful view of the sea. Very unexpectedly and it was nice to receive gifts from the hotel on the day of departure. This is the best small hotels I have ever been, I would have attributed it to a boutique hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

• Reviewed: 27 April 2016

The staff were amazing, the service was old world. The location really couldn't be beat. An absurd value.

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

Friendly helpful staff make a nice place great

• Reviewed: 6 February 2016

Staff hospitality & rooms cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

friendly staff great location

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

Wonderful, caring, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

Wallpaper peeling in room

Excellent view from the terrace - worth book just for that.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2015

Great personal service ; lovely terraced bar and breakfast room

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

The location is pretty good as all the historic places to see are nearby. Staff specially the receptionists are really helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 June 2015

Everything about the hotel, fantastic location and wonderful staff.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2015

The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff made this lovely hotel really special

There are also 13 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul traveller photo gallery