Reviews of Divan Bodrum Palmira

Keleşharim Cad No 22, 48483 Golturkbuku, Turkey

#4 of 25 hotels in Golturkbuku

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Very friendly staff, comfortable and clean rooms, superb...
    • Superior King Garden View

Breakfast especially bakery was quite disappointing. Simit which is a typical Turkish bakery was not fresh at all!

Very friendly staff, comfortable and clean rooms, superb location!

Outdated hotel - very poor WiFi, bars not well stocked, mini...
    • Deluxe Twin Garden View

Outdated hotel - very poor WiFi, bars not well stocked, mini bar not filled up daily, slow services at all times, very annoying photographer, definitely not good value for money

The staff is extremely nice.
    • Standard King Courtyard View

The staff is extremely nice. Location perfect in Turkbuku. The hotel is excellent for families, beach is quiet and away from partying, that being said party beach clubs are only 2 mins walk away. I am already booking for the next year.

I first stayed this hotel 15 years ago.
    • Standard King Courtyard View

I first stayed this hotel 15 years ago. I can say that over the past decade nothing much has changed in the interior design and furniture wise. We stayed in a deluxe room. Room was ok and neat. But we don’t have cattle which is standart ini Divan Hotels. House keeping didn’t renew the waters which is normally complimentary in the room even they are finished for 4 days. They send us a complimentary fruit plate after out check in, the fruit quality is really low so we didnt touch it pretty much but they didn’t touch it also for four days. At the last the day fruits become fusty still they didn’t took it even they cleaned the room 3 times. I am a gym rat so I hit the gym regularly 3 days. The lights were off there is no one around to ask to open the electricity, after 15 mins search I found the fuse boxes and solve it my self. Fitness is dirty. There are 2 used towels around and just 1 new. On the other days I can tell that no one came and clean because there are no new towels. The fitness room is so small you can barely breathe, thats why I decide to open the balcony door but one is broken and the other one is jammed so during the high season if you go in with another person you can suffocate for sure. The beach was ok the location of the hotel was great. Beach was ok The service overall the hotel was poor. Most of the time we ordered, they did at least miss one of our friends food or drink or etc. Staff was untrained. The kitchen is the worst part of our stay. From burger to omelets food quality is pretty low. They served a used mustard when we tell it to the waiter he looked at my face like it is a normal thing. Even in a low seasons price quality wise it was a bad experience overall. During the high season I cant imagine how horrible it will be. Divan hotels are great at quality atleast on other locations but this one needs a huge improvement in every angle.

Just Sad
    • Standard King Courtyard View

I first stayed this hotel 15 years ago. I can say that over the past decade nothing much has changed in the interior design and furniture wise. We stayed in a deluxe room. Room was ok and neat. But we don’t have cattle which is standart ini Divan Hotels. House keeping didn’t renew the waters which is normally complimentary in the room even they are finished for 4 days. They send us a complimentary fruit plate after out check in, the fruit quality is really low so we didnt touch it pretty much but they didn’t touch it also for four days. At the last the day fruits become fusty still they didn’t took it even they cleaned the room 3 times. I am a gym rat so I hit the gym regularly 3 days. The lights were off there is no one around to ask to open the electricity, after 15 mins search I found the fuse boxes and solve it my self. Fitness is dirty. There are 2 used towels around and just 1 new. On the other days I can tell that no one came and clean because there are no new towels. The fitness room is so small you can barely breathe, thats why I decide to open the balcony door but one is broken and the other one is jammed so during the high season if you go in with another person you can suffocate for sure. The beach was ok the location of the hotel was great. There is no spa in the hotel. The service overall the hotel was poor. Most of the time we ordered, they did at least miss one of our friends food or drink or etc. Staff was untrained. The kitchen is the worst part of our stay. From burger to omelets food quality is pretty low. They served a used mustard when we tell it to the waiter he looked at my face like it is a normal thing. Even in a low seasons price quality wise it was a bad experience overall. During the high season I cant imagine how horrible it will be. Divan hotels are great at quality atleast on other locations but this one needs a huge improvement in every angle.

The only thing i like about here is the location rest is poor in general...

An overpriced hostel feeling coupled with inadequate service/employees
    • Superior King Garden View

I asked and paid for a queen size bed but they put together two single beds with a large sheet on top which was very uncomfortable. They had a single detail to pay attention to yet they failed. The service at the beach/deck area was very slow although the hotel wasnt very busy. I ordered a sandwich which I cancelled after waiting for 45 minutes and my friend had already finished eating what she ordered. I sat down at a table on my final day to have a bite before my flight and I was told that they are only serving food at the beach, which was literally 3 steps away from where I was sitting. They could have just been helpful and served me where I sat but they chose not to. Finally, we ordered milkshakes and the response, to our amazement, was that they would not start serving milkshakes until Monday (they said this on Saturday, at a beachside hotel, in the middle of May when the temperature outside was 30C). They said that the property was renovated but I am guessing they went with a '90s style' concept since the renovated hotel looked like a hotel from the 90s, all the way from the common areas to the room furnitures. The gym door was broken, there isnt a spa, the staff is not trained. All in all, a horrible experience in terms of accommocation. Thankfully, I was with 5 friends and we managed to have a good time in spite of Divan Bodrum. p.s. My friends also had bad experience and you will probably read their negative reviews here as well.

The only good thing about the property was how helpful the front desk employees were. Unfortunately, they are not the ones you see on a daily basis.

We will come back again
    • Deluxe King Garden View

Very hard to find sth :)

Everything. Divan is our #1 choice in Bodrum w/o any second thought. The staff is amazing, the beach is one of the best in the bay, the breakfast buffet is top notch. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The value is very good for this type of a facility in the very popular Türkbükü.

Average experience.
    • Deluxe King Garden View

The location; secluded it might be, but it's around 25 minutes drive to the city center, which is a lot. Moreover, the staff was especially rude. Charged us 100 lira to bring breakfast to our room, even though it was included in the room rate.

The rooms were clean and well equipped. The design of the hotel was also very nice.

Great place to stay in Bodrum / Turkbuku...

- N/A.

- Most (child) friendly hotel staff, which we have ever seen - Great attention to small details to take care of you / family - Location is VERY convenient to stroll in Turkbuku - The rooms are spacious and VERY clean.

Peaceful Getaway from hectic city life
    • Standard King Courtyard View

There could be tea/coffee facilities in the room. Some spa treatments or sauna would have been nice as we visited in february!

Room was very clean and spacious, Staff were very attentive and courteous.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Fantastic hotel , could do with little improvement in the kitchen
    • Standard King Courtyard View

Fantastic hotel , friendly staff. Had a free upgrade. Could do with free bottle of water every day, shouldn't charge 3 times higher than the amount of the same bottle that you can get from the shop next door. Croissant at breakfast has a very strong butter , strange taste , you should definitely change it also you shouldn't charge for omelette if we wanted our eggs to be cooked separately.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Enjoyed my stay!
    • Deluxe King Garden View

The hotel has a great location, but it is hard to get to. There are so many turns to take and I found it a bit confusing even with a navigation system. Prices of the laundry services were extremely high. I recommend that you don't use the laundry services unless necessary.

Friendly staff, very clean, nice views and balconies.

Best hotel in turkbuku.
    • Deluxe King Sea View

Excellent.five star service.Delicious,delicious,delicious.many thanks for wonderful holiday .

Just Divan quality 🤗🍀🐞

Everything was perfect

delicious breakfast, nice staff, yummy quinoa salad lunches...
    • Standard King Courtyard View

delicious breakfast, nice staff, yummy quinoa salad lunches by the beach and manti dumplings. clean rooms!

Comfy beds

Comfy beds

Divan Weekend
    • Standard King Courtyard View

Not enough light in the room, pretty dark and not so comfortable.

Service quality

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Beautiful beach and comfortable rooms.

The beach

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Relaxing holiday before season starts
    • Corner Suite King Sea View

No elevator

The sea is perfect!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Beautiful little hotel, perfect location and the loveliest staff

Loved everything.

Amazing staff, beautiful food, great location, lovely pool, really lovely bedrooms.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Beautiful place for a long vacation or a weekend getaway!
    • Standard King Courtyard View

must visit! amazing location by the beautiful Aegean sea. super nice staff and delicious meals from Turkish cuisine.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

relaxing
    • Deluxe King Sea View

The SPA closed which it shouldn't.

Everything .

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Nice comfortable hotel on the sea
    • Superior King Garden View

Sometimes the lack of English speaking staff

Good location. Friendly staff. Comfortable roomd

• Reviewed: 12 October 2015

Had the most amazing time staff were amazing and make this...

Had the most amazing time staff were amazing and make this place what it is they could not of been more helpful and professional.We are looking to book again next year and its was the first time in a long time I switched off from my work head and truly relaxed .Thank you everyone and my little girl who is 3 has been to euro Disney, Ibiza this year this holiday was her favourite not because of Children's parks ect because of the excellent staff made her feel like a real princess and the swimming pool !.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2015

Clean rooms and nice designed gardens.

There are much better choices. Too many unexperienced staff. There is Lack of coordination, under a bad management. Very Crowded swimming&sunbath areas. Expensive but avarage quality food .. "Celebrity" satisfaction oriented staff at the swimming areas. Indeed , it does not worth what you pay for.. We only used the facilities 3,5 days out of 7 (rather then the rooms) ,then we went out every morning till evening for another hotel's facility to enjoy the holiday properly.

Clean rooms and nice designed gardens.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

I like to comment more: what you eat at dinner is decadant...

ehhm, first moment at reception was a deception. our children were not allowed to the room just for a stupid ID issue. then they were shooed from beach for dinner time sorting. everyday, ı needed to call to get my promised newspaper to the room. ( no international paper available by the way). awkwardly expensive for locals.

I like to comment more: what you eat at dinner is decadant food though price is like Moskow club. sea is not clear as ı expected. spoiled by out of control resort and club development. such a bad hotel management not taking care of customer at first. wi fi still paid !!!!!

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

Staff wasn't great. Few English speakers. Very slow Service. Not accomodating when we had a bit of a disaster at the end of our week.

Great location. Lovely pool.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

Everything else besides the room fiasco was absolutely great.

We are a 4 person family. Our youngest always sleeps in the bed with us. We booked the room expecting to sleep 3 in 1 bed, and my oldest could sleep on the couch. No couch. When this hotel says the room sleeps 2-3, they mean "legally" it sleeps 2-3. But, the room size is plenty large enough for 4 people. So, we were forced to get an additional room even though we could have stayed all of us in 1 room. That's a shame.

Everything else besides the room fiasco was absolutely great. The staff were great, the food was excellent. And let me tell you when my friends in Istanbul were telling me that we picked the most expensive hotel and "expect to pay alot for everything", they were wrong. Food was extremely reasonable, all of the amenities and services were so much better than i have experienced. Their staff is truly trained to serve with a smile. Great place to stay away from all of the "noise" in Bodrum city.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2015

Facilities are beginning to show their age. The fitness center equipment is embarrassing. The umbrellas on the sea deck are old and torn. Poor maintenance at the start of the season.

Location. Pleasant staff.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

The location , helpful polite and friendly staff .

Wifi should be for free in a hotel of this category . The taxis we took from the hotel were partularly expensive . : from hotel to airport we paid 270 liras wheras coming from airport to the hotel they charged us 130 liras

The location , helpful polite and friendly staff . Cleanliness .very good breakfast . Nice setting

• Reviewed: 4 June 2015

I have been to this hotel a few times before and will...

I did not like the pay wi-fi . Should be free for a hotel at this level.boutiq

I have been to this hotel a few times before and will definitely come back.

• Reviewed: 9 May 2016

Location , cleanliness and staff were the highlights of our...

Location , cleanliness and staff were the highlights of our stay.

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

Mini bar fridge was not working

Mini bar fridge was not working

• Reviewed: 19 November 2015

Staff incredibly helpful and professional.

Staff incredibly helpful and professional. Spotlessly clean. Excellent hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

Large room, comfortable bed

internet is paid €12/day

Large room, comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Very kind staff and excellent location.

Breakfast.

Very kind staff and excellent location.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

Wifi should not be paid.

Wifi should not be paid. No air con at the gym

There are also 10 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.