Reviews of Doria Hotel Bodrum 5 stars

#2 of 13 hotels in Bitez

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Ruined by discos!
    • Deluxe Sea Room

This is a reasonably priced hotel. Nice rooms. The main disadvantage is that it is located within earshot of several hotels who insist on holding open air discos until 4am. Sleep is seriously compromised. If you are going to go out and party this hotel is great. If you want some sleep ...avoid!!

Upgraded to a very nice suite. Excellent massages.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

We stayed at the end of September and the private beach had...
    • Comfort Room

We stayed at the end of September and the private beach had closed for the summer. The hotel is Too far from anywhere and you have to catch taxis to get anywhere. The hotel is large and clean and has lovely views but has no atmosphere. We could look out over other hotels that had more people and some music playing. All of the sunlounges around the pool were put away and only a few were left out. I guess we’d stayed at another hotel closer to Bodrum that had views over Bay to the castle from our room had nicer amenities and was much cheaper and that’s why we felt so disappointed

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Great customer service and great hotel for value of moneya
    • Comfort Room

A bit if improvment of cleanes of tables on terrace and more friensdly staff at resturant especailly durning breakfast

Great customer service and great hotel for value of moneya

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

A good hotel for relaxation, in particular, for a family.
    • Comfort Room

1. The hotel is away from main street about 4 km.

1. The hotel has a big pool faces to sea. 2. The breakfast provides varieties of choices. 3. The room is spacious and comfortable. 4. Having a very good lobby.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Clean, comfortable, good service
    • Comfort Room

Far from beach, you have to take shuttle bus although it was mentioned that it have beach access, even the beach is was no sand

Clean, comfortable, good service

Overall had an amazing stay and the staff was very friendly!
    • Grand Deluxe Sea Room

The private beach is actually 2 miles away which is not mentioned anywhere, so we discovered that upon arrival. They do offer shuttle service to and from hotel to the beach though but we expected everything to be in the same place. The breakfast buffet was not that great either.

Would be my first choice in Bodrum
    • Comfort Room

Restaurant menu needs some updating.

Staff is always very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Hotel has amazing views and very quiet.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

View and there’s guy in Reception his name is Mostafa he is...
    • Grand Deluxe Sea Room

Check out so bad and the beach really bad plus wasn’t clean the room daily and one of my rooms call the room service and about something the guy told guy told “ you have the menu look at it “ !!! Also the beach wasn’t good really

View and there’s guy in Reception his name is Mostafa he is very helpful

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Good value for price
    • Deluxe Sea Room

The furniture in the room was a bit old and not in good condition (eg sofa with stains), dust under the bed.

Nice and helpful staff. Nice amenities, 2 big pools and good private beach (it’s 2.5km away but there are shuttle from the hotel). Breakfast was ok.

A lovely hotel in beautiful Bodrum
    • Comfort Room

The first room I was in was sparcely decorated. The private beach is not sand (a personal preference).

Both pools were lovely. The breakfast service was very nice. The views are also very nice.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

It was a great time overall, enjoyed it to the max,
    • Deluxe Sea Room

The sound insulation was terrible, we could here every door being closed or opened , and kids screaming from the pool through the balcony windows

Their beach was an absolute delight, the beds were very comfortable and the staff was extremely helpful

A nice experience
    • Comfort Room

My room was near a noisy machine, i think it iscentral air conditioning, the room finishing is not perfect. Breakfast could be better

The location, the friendly staff, the restaurant with a pool and sea view..

The view is grat
    • Grand Deluxe Sea Room

The air conditioning is not good and also the WiFi is poor- the breakfast is poor And difficulty in contact witth the dinning room service because they don't speak english

The view is grat The hotel facilities is very good

Not good experience
    • Luxury Room

They have very poor old rooms, The beds are very old not comfortable, the pillows also not comfortable I woke up with back pain cause of the stiff bed I slept on?! The room smelly not clean... very tiny TV i pad size I came to do check in I saw the rooms was very bad they told me you can take your money & leave!! That was kind of rude! At the end its not a five stars hotel the amount of money you will pay you can stay in a better hotel ..

The view only

I Recommend this property for people who are searching for relaxation.
    • Comfort Room

You have to ask them to change the towels! No evening entertainment in the hotel

Very Quit and clean. Really good, recommended. Very nice staff, we told them we have honeymoon and all the honeymoon staff were served to my room! they have 3 pools, 2 outdoors and 1 indoor, great pools BTW.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The location is excellent in the middle of the central...

The guy in the reception was not honest and tried to cheat us during our check-in time, he convinced me to upgrade my booking into 2 Deluxe see view rooms which actually were not connected rooms as I requested earlier, not clean, there was no towels in the bathroom, the see view was nil, and very noisy as they are almost on the pool. We shifted later after almost 4 hours of negotiation to 2 comfort rooms which were much better even without the see view but that ruined our first day in Bodrum and was very disappointing. I do recommend to check your room carefully before paying any money to them.

The location is excellent in the middle of the central beautiful Bitez. The comfort room is good and big enough although it has no see view. The swimming pool at the hotel is nice and the beach club is very relaxing and the service there is good even it’s little bit far from the hotel. The breakfast buffet is good and staff at the restaurant are very polite and helpful. The lady in the spa is great in regards of the Turkish bath.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

I liked property area , room was very nice and view amaizing.
    • Luxury Room

Staff on reseptien did not speak properly English , only girl was excellent. Check in and check out was disaster . Our room bill was mess and we had to ask separately for list for what we are paying. Hotel locate on huge hill, so have to use shuttle or taxi.

I liked property area , room was very nice and view amaizing. Bed super comfirtable. Spa facilities great.

Good family residence(i.e. stay and worshiping). Feel like home overall
    • Grand Deluxe Sea Room

1) Using stairs to get to my room 2) Shortage of Iron kit for private use at room

1) room overall (size, cleanness, view, bed, erc) 2) Staff 3) Food 4) Budrom city

Very Clean, helpful staff, nice sea view rooms, nice pool,...
    • Grand Deluxe Sea Room

Very Clean, helpful staff, nice sea view rooms, nice pool, the guys on the reception and the manager are as professional as international chains of hotels

5 stars
    • Grand Deluxe Sea Room

Slow wi-fi. Hotel is a little far from shops and restaurants.

Stunning views from the terrace. Lovely pool with panoramic sea view. Very friendly staff. 5 stars breakfast

Going to Bodrum? Hotel Doria is right choice :)
    • Luxury Room

Staff at reception shoud work a bit faster... i almost missed my flight due to late arrival of the pre ordered transfer

Is really great hotel and i highly recommended. Room and beds were comfortable, good breakfast restaurant with amazing view and great ala cart menu and private blue flag beach with great servise and cristal clear water

Perfection
    • Luxury Room

There was nothing i didnt like

Amazing service, staff will go above and beyond to meet your needs and expectations. Breakfast is of a high quality and large variety! Rooms are cleaned daily and complimentary bottles of water provided daily. On the first night we arrived, the airconditioner in the room we had booked wasnt working so we were upgraded to one of the luxury rooms and give a fruit and nuts platter. The hotel is at a central location. The hotel beach is about a 5 min drive from the hotel in which a private bus is provided to commute to. The beach is crystal clear and clean. I dont have enough words to put here how much we really enjoyed our experience at Doria. Will definitely be back next time!!

Charged me 120Euro more.
    • Grand Deluxe Sea Room

I paid 120Euro more when I booked 2 months ahead, and hotel just gave reason as they are doing promotion the week I stayed.. didn’t give me any other services or room upgrades as compensation. Beach is not a beach, no water sports, no snorkelling kits provided.

SeaView is nice

Not a 5 star hotel - simple. There is a reason it is so cheap.
    • Grand Deluxe Sea Room

The staff are so poor. I planned to stay for 3 days. I arrived late in the evening and very quickly knew this hotel wasn't for me. It's billed as a 5 star hotel, but it simply is not the case. The price reflects the hotel. I checked out after one night to go to a better hotel. When checking out at the reception the next morning, not one member of staff asked me WHY I was checking out early. I find this so strange. Simply insisting that I need to pay the full amount still (which I was aware of and wasn't even asking for a reduced rate) - The staff speak little English, which is fine, but makes things very difficult. - Breakfast was very poor. - Rom furnishing are out of date and basic. Not in line with a 5 star at all.

- pool is nice - view from the room was lovely

Nice pick in bitez
    • Grand Deluxe Sea Room

Wifi did not catch in the rooms as it's away from the reception, but they put an additional router and fixed the issue

The hotel is quite nice, rooms were spacious

Great relaxing off-season stay
    • Comfort Room

It was ok but maybe restaurant staff could speak better English

Staff was very helpful and friendly, rooms and hotel facilities were very clean, very relaxing environment when off-season but still warm, views from the pools were gorgeous

This hotel is suited in the perfect location, it's not...
    • Grand Deluxe Sea Room

Wifi wasn't the best but usable. Nothing else to add!

This hotel is suited in the perfect location, it's not far from neighbouring gumbet (5min drive) and also to bodrum central (10min drive). It's on high hilltop which difficult to walk up but worth it for the gorgeous view you get from your room balcony and restaurant! The staff are amazing and most welcoming! I would highly recommend booking this hotel. Breakfast served was great too.

Worst ever. Waste of money n precious trip days
    • Grand Deluxe Sea Room

It was the worst accommodation of our entire trip 1st of all the location of the hotel was wrongly marked on thr map. We were left stranded in the middle of somewhere but not at the hotel when we followed the map they stated. If it was not for a friendly resident of the home we knocked on we dnt know wht would have happened Room was not prepared and cleaned when we checked in despite our unanswered emails. Airconditioning was not nworking so we have to lay our beds on the floor near the window Private beach area was closed Pools were closed Staff was rude and unfriendly. Charged us a hefty amount for all the closed facilities.

Comfy, modern, amazing

Noting to dislike.

It was a great experience. Will definitely come again. The staff were friendly and helpful. The place has an ongoing amazing breeze.

The room-view was lovely facing the blue sea, the color...
    • Luxury Room

The Air Conditioning was very very poor, we asked them to fix it but no change, when we opened the windows to get some fresh air we woke up with mosquito bites, it was not comfortable to sleep in the room at all during our stay for 2 nights "I guess the AC was not working or activated as our stay was during off-season" During the last day there was water and electrical shut-down in the early morning and I was very frustrated that no one informed us on this to get ready!!! When I spoke up with the reception they referred it to maintenance work "Still not a valid reason not to inform your guests"!!the shutdown and maintenance work lasted for about 4-5 hours..

The room-view was lovely facing the blue sea, the color scheme of the hotel and room was cozy, open spaces in the hotel which makes it spacious in a comfy way.

Awesome hotel on a hill, great facilities and fantastic private beach. Awesome stay!
    • Comfort Room

Restaurant is a little boring and not so special (Except the view). Breakfast was so-so and didnt really change that much. By the way, you can ask special eggs (omelet, sunnysideup) from the waiters, because they dont serve them in the main dishes. No entertainment in the evening, so you need to go to the center if you want.

They drive you from the hill the hotel is located by shuttle on to their private beach. That private beach is amazing. We loved it. The water is so clear, many fishes there. The beds are divine and service is fantastic. We loved everything about it and want to definitely return. The pools outside and indoor are also great but that beach is fabulous. Rooms were excellent, clean and very spacious. big TV and bath.

Totally satisfied
    • Luxury Room

You could hear some noise in the room. At one point during our stay we could not sleep well because of it, but the staff located us to another room for that night and eventually put us in another room for the rest of our stay.

I was very satisfied with my stay at Doria Hotel. The lobby and the rooms are clean and have a bright interior. The breakfast buffet is rich and the staff is friendly and helpful. Also the staff members of the beach club are very friendly. If I would go to Bodrum again, I would definitely consider to rebook at Doria Hotel.

1- Room with all needed facilities
    • Deluxe Sea Room

1. Bad service of the restaurant staff and reception; - Multiple times asking for a drink during breakfast and lunch. How difficullit can it be to bring 2 cups of tea? They just bring 1 cup and forgot the other. This happened multiple times during our stay with the breakfast. - During lunch time waited about 1,5 hour to get a pizza and french fries while explained wife is pregnant. I was really angry with them as there were only 3 tables occupied. The pizza was bad and therefore returned. They offered a free spaghetti however after so long waiting my appetite was gone. - communication between staff is not on point. They made several mistakes. - Complained to reception about the situation. they would tell management and return to us. Which NEVER happened. So I guess customer satisfaction is not high on the list voor Doria hotel. 2- Very bad bed, its like your sleeping on a stone. 3 - if you dont have a car very difficult to walk (due to the hills).

1- Room with all needed facilities 2- View of the hotel

A good choice, go for it.
    • Grand Deluxe Sea Room

the hotel is on a very steep hill. walking up and down is a bit challenging if you have any health issues. the massage is not good at all, spare yourself and go to royal arena spa across the street. Limited breakfast, but not too bad.

very friendly staff, the manager changed our room on the second day upon our request :) clean and large swimming pools. The shuttle to the beach is on time but limited seating about 12. but they do 2 trips. the beach area is very clean and super nice staff with reasonably priced drinks. All in all I would recommend it.

Beautiful Hotel, Great Staff
    • Comfort Room

The hotel is beautiful! The sceneraies were amazing from the pool area, 5 stars service & the staff were great! The food waa also delecious! Over all a very enjoyable stay!

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Nice comfort stay in Doria hotel. Enjoy my time there!
    • Comfort Room

Everything was good, I only not liked the cat that come when i eat my breakfast in the garden

My room was perfectly and clean,i had a nice view over Gümbet. The staff where really friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

The hotel is nice

The Doria like many other hotels in the area did not have their indoor pool switched on. In the winter people want spa facilities as advertised. However, bizarrely they tried to convince us that the swimming pool was a Sauna plunge pool despite it being about 20 times the size of other plunge pools I have experienced. Ok - we get it, the season has been bad so corners must be cut but if you are going to describe your pool as an icy cold plunge pool then put it in the details for the booking person to make an informed choice. As it is we wasted several hours trying to find another suitable hotel that had a heated indoor pool, which ruined some of our plans

The hotel is nice

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Fantastic stay
    • Comfort Room

Loved this place, everything I wanted and more. Beautiful place, clean, modern & minimal design. Kind staff, great food, beautiful views. Would definitely come back

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

The bedroom

No facilities

The bedroom

Doria Review

Staff, Location,Facilities,Breakfast

• Comfort Room

A bit too far from the city center

Breakfast Different pools Rooms

Great staff clean place

Great staff clean place

all

none

all

• Deluxe Sea Room

Couldn't get even one hour check out extension

Location..view

The hotel was a great place to stay and the staff were very...
    • Luxury Room

The hotel was a great place to stay and the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful.

More than perfect

More than perfect

Location,staff,convince

9:15 am the buffet is finish,nothing to eat only some cheese Very upset

Location,staff,convince

nice and silent hotel
    • Comfort Room

not proper for all year, better to be there summer time. you should take a taxi be cause of the hotel enterance

nice and silent hotel

Excellent location
    • Comfort Room

Breakfast was okayish probably due to very low guest turnover. Bread seemed a day old most of the time

Excellent location

This is my 4th visit. It's far enough from the busy, noisy Bodrum

Food used to be better

Cleanliness, quiet, very comfortable and spacious rooms

Price of hotel

Price of hotel

Staff super friendly and helpful
    • Executive Sea Suite

Breakfast closes early

Staff super friendly and helpful

Wonderful time in Bodrum
    • Grand Deluxe Sea Room

The hotel sits on top of a high hill and the driveway is extremely steep to walk.

Breakfast was amazing and all of the staff were so helpful.

Peaceful and enjoyable
    • Luxury Room

I love the atmosphere,friendliness of staff and the accessories you can buy there☺️

Charming

Charming hotel, cosy, still and quiet. The view is amazing

Doria. I like it
    • Deluxe Sea Room

The view is fantastic. Recommend to take the room with the sea view , it's worth the extra money.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

The breakfast was very bad .
    • Deluxe Sea Room

The breakfast was very bad ..didn't expect that breakfast by 5 stars hotel .

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

The ONLY reason i booked this hotel is because online as...

The ONLY reason i booked this hotel is because online as well as in the information file in the rooms it clearly statess they accept Diners club -which is the only method of payment I had with me- but upon arrival i was told my card is not accepted by the hotel which caused a great deal if stress and inconvenience to me as i had 2waste an entire day looking 4 a bank which is compatible with Diners (most in this part of Turkey are not). No kettle in room! Breakfast selection is sooo poor and limited. No iron in room n when I asked 4 one2be brought2my room, they instead took my clothes away to be ironed then charged me an exorbitant fee 4 full laundry service! The complimentary water is in the minibar but the charged water is by the bed which makes absolutely no logical sense and I drank the water by the bed as I did not even look at the minibar- then was charged minibar consumption for WATER which is nowhere near the minibar nor does it state by the bottle itself that it is a charged item! All round bad experience.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2015

The deluxe room was quite big and had a nice sea view.

Breakfast can be improved. Not big variety for a 4 star hotel. Spa center not fully operational.

The deluxe room was quite big and had a nice sea view. Room service was good.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

Great view from the poolside,very friendly and courteous...

Great view from the poolside,very friendly and courteous staff. The hotel beach was closed,so the staff drove us every day to another beach. Thank you! We also have really enjoyed the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

The welcoming of the staff was amazing.

The fact the beach of the hotel was closed and is a bit far but well compensated by 2 very nice swimming pool with nice view.

The welcoming of the staff was amazing. They had really special attention for us and we enjoyed this wonderful place. The view is top and rooms very nice and confortable. Very good falicites too. We will definitely come back there and would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2015

The room are comfortable and clean,view from my room is...

Nothing to complain

The room are comfortable and clean,view from my room is fabulous,the staff are patient and helpful with my inquiries ,enjoyed my stay and definitely choose this hotel for next Bodrum holiday.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2015

Nice hotel with wonderful view, I recommend to take a room...

Not all the staff are fluent in english

Nice hotel with wonderful view, I recommend to take a room with sea view as that view you cannot find it at any hotel in bodrum. I was at room 5003 which has a romantic view in morning and night and it is highly recommended for a couple. I cannot forget the welcome birthday cake which was great for my wife as we were in bodrum for celebrating her birthday Staff are so friendly and they will do the extra effort to make you satisfied especially Naz, Mustafa, Savas and Ali Breakfast is very good and the restaurant menu also is excellent if you need to have dinner or lunch The view from the restaurant when we had a dinner or breaskfast it is unforgettable You can reach bodrum centre by mini bus for 3 Tl The beach is not so far and free shuttle with a clean bus is provided Also the hotel view and everything are the same as it is described by booking.com Finally the hotel is highly recommended, I have travelled a lot and it is one of the best hotel that i have visited

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

Panoramic views over sea and islands.

The kitchen was not up to much - apart from breakfast - and the bar needed a book to tell them how to make cocktails, which suffered as a result. Best to go into Bodrum for meals.

Panoramic views over sea and islands.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

Very nice staff both at the hotel and the beach club.

We thought that the hotell was situated on the beach...i missed history,guidebooks about Turkia.

Very nice staff both at the hotel and the beach club.Nice beds, very nice view,

• Reviewed: 14 August 2015

I felt its a comfortable home

Only the beach is little abit far But aclean shelter car is available evey hour

I felt its a comfortable home staff very helpful smiling with a professional work Breakfast is delicious also room service food is very tasty lobby is class and quite i realy want to visit it again

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

Pools, View, friendly staff,

Staff's poor English makes it difficult to communicate; distance to private "beach", without taxi service very difficult to reach Bodrum or other beaches; menu should have a more extense variety of dishes.

Pools, View, friendly staff,

• Reviewed: 8 August 2015

Fantastic staff - the bell boys couldn't have been more...

Fantastic staff - the bell boys couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Beautiful setting, great food and facilities without pretentiousness. I honestly couldn't recommend this more...

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

The hotel is at a top of a hill and positioned with great...

The beach isn't really a beach, more platforms/ pontoons...although very picturesque and away from the crowded Bitez beach. WIFI poor in hotel and surprisingly English not very well spoken by staff.

The hotel is at a top of a hill and positioned with great views over the sea. The rooms are large, with great facilities. Breakfast was amazing. Great place to Chill out.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

Location, friendly staff, comfortable, clean rooms, felt at...

WiFi wasn't good, staff did not speak English well, no coffee maker in rooms, paid for a sea view but got a pool view room (ground floor).

Location, friendly staff, comfortable, clean rooms, felt at home.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

Everything about this hotel oozes class.

Quite a walk to Bitez beach

Everything about this hotel oozes class. Set back from the main drag it is very peaceful with fantastic views. The staff were ultra friendly and the hotel was ultra clean.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

The staff were wonderful, the room was comfortable and clean...

I would suggest they put tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms and I also would have preferred a duvet on the bed.

The staff were wonderful, the room was comfortable and clean and the pools were beautiful. Breakfast was also great.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2015

great staff, especially Mr.

absolutely nothing.

great staff, especially Mr. Gurkan's assistance was out of this world. He went few extra miles to make us enjoy our stay. Very clean, nice and neat rooms, nice food (their manti is a must!) Try to book grand deluxe room if you have enough budget.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

The service was excellent, everyone was extremely helpful...

The service was excellent, everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. Roooms were large, very modern and comfortable; overall, a very pleasant stay!

• Reviewed: 1 May 2015

The warm reception, offering tea and delicious eats, all...

The warm reception, offering tea and delicious eats, all staff extremely friendly, THE PILLOW MENU, (really!) The room was fabulous, the view a wonderful surprise, the lift service to and from restaurant Agora ( great), breakfast super delicious! I think the friendly culture comes from Ali who is training hotel staff!! We LOVED this place

There are also 29 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.