Reviews of Gallery Hotel & Residence

Valikonagi Caddesi,Suleyman Nazif Sokak No:10 Nisantasi, Sisli, 34371 Istanbul, Turkey

#481 of 1,422 hotels in Istanbul

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

OK choice with excellent transport access.
    • Superior Twin Suite

Bathroom leaked water into hall. Shower tub was very high - difficult for mobility impaired to access. No door to bathroom, just a 3/4 size swinging pane of glass.

Great helpful staff. Nice breakfast. One minute walk from Metro. Decent wifi. Spacious room with good ameneties. Very clean. Quiet neighborhood.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Everything was perfect! Hope to see you soon guys!!

Delicious breakfast, very polite and helpful stuff, comfortable room and bed. Our room were been cleaned and our towels were being changed every single day. The location is ideal, very close to the metro station. They even made a surprise to us for my girlfriend's birthday!! I would definitely prefer this hotel for my next visit to the amazing city of Istanbul.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Home away from home
    • Suite

The first room we got had a bathroom with just windows, where one could almost see through and hear all noises. Maybe OK for a couple but with a third person in the room it was pretty difficult. We were able to change the room and were happy with the second one.

Great location to begin with. Feels like home away from home. Staff is very friendly, pleasant and helpful. Very good breakfast. This was our 4th time staying at this residence, will come back again.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Clean, tidy, convenient and pleasant stay close to Taksim and Osmanbey Metro

The breakfast was varied, but the same assortment every day. The wifi connection was good, but password was required too often

The kindness and willness to help of the staff. The quiet, large room I had. The proximity to the Metro. The short distance to shops of all kinds

Horrible, bad experience, dirty not clean at all,full of flys and bed bug, un friendly staff
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The worst hotel I have ever been too Dirty and service and the receptionist was un friendly, first of all the air conditioning was so hot and note that were in summer! Second there was mosquitoes all the time, there were a hair in the bathroom the housekeeping didn’t clean enough from guests before us ! we tried to sleep there was a bed bugs we were itching all the time from our skin and hair we couldn’t handle it nothing was good all was a disaster , even the TV wasn’t working!! I left next morning without sleeping and asked to get my money back, they don’t even want to help, I didn’t check out then I came back to get one of my mother’s small bag I was shocked that they checked me out of the hotel without a notice and without returning back my money for 13 nights!!! above all that the checked in othe gustests at my room. So really was a horrible experience and I’m professional above of all that dirtyyyyyyy!

Its a 2 star standard city hotel good for a solo traveller dropping by quickly.
    • Suite

The location of the hotel itself was hard to be find by taxis. We got lost so many times but is excellent for people who walk. The room was clean but old and not as spacious as shown in pics and had plenty of mosquitoes. Breakfast was very poor. We had to go eat outside every morning.

The area was fantastic everything is just a walk away. Supermarkets shops beauty salon bank pharmacy restaurants and cafes and Osman Bey metro station. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly.

My home in şişli
    • Superior Twin Suite

I liked everything here, the comfortable suite the excellent location ,and the very friendly staff especially Aras. I highly recommend this hotel.

Great experience

Nothing at all

I can’t thank the receptionist Mr. Ahmed , for his outstanding efforts in making our stay as pleasant as possible I loved the place & the people who work there

Ants in the room, the mattress was uncomfortable at all, old...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Ants in the room, the mattress was uncomfortable at all, old furniture, old bathroom, the air conditioner is old and not clod. I booked 6 nights, couldn’t stay more than 2 nights than checked out without any refund.

wonderful hotel

Every thing was excellent, all staff were friendly and helpful they always smile, the room was clean, the hotel is near to main street and metro station . I would like to give special thanks to Mr. Gohan and Mr. Sinan. I recommend anyone looking for comfortable hotel in Istanbul choos Gallery Hotel & Residence.

The stuff really good I met Ahmet he was the best really...
    • Suite

The stuff really good I met Ahmet he was the best really smile and joking and he help me everything good the location the room .. again Ahmet make me happy and I will back to the hotel because he was really good ..

Breakfast is not varied, but tasty.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

In principle, everything is fine, but the hotel does not quite match its "star. So the room needs repairs, air conditioning is noisy.

Breakfast is not varied, but tasty. Good location.

Very good location in a quiet street.
    • Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Room has a fridge and a microwave, but no cutlery, no plates or glasses. No replacement of coffee or teabags.

Very good location in a quiet street. Perfect place for cat lovers - visit the park 100 m from the hotel! Very friendly and helpful staff, clean and spacious rooms. BEST BREAKFAST IN TURKEY.

Good for a very short stay at most.
    • Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Nothing worked in the room, the phone, the cable TV, very often the room keys. There was no exhaust in a very small bathroom and the AC leaked condensation inside the room. The breakfast was lavish but in the basement. Dark and often with things running out. .

The location was great. Central, close to a metro stop. Sea views and a small but nice balcony.

Location is great for shopping and restaurants, hotel staff...

Location is great for shopping and restaurants, hotel staff are very helpful and friendly, breakfast is good and the room is clean and comfortable. Thank you for making our stay in Istanbul so pleasurable and memorable.

One of the best places you would Choose for staying in Istanbul.
    • Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Property was in a beautiful location, near from Takseem square, and in the heart of Osman bey area where lots of coffees around your place. In addition staff were great all of them Ahmet, Yukan, and Sinan. Sinan was an out standing on everything, you’ll find him on the front desk helping guests, and when needed he will be doing things beyond his job. For example today was my check out day where i found the elevator broken and I’m having the 6 floor apartment, I found him on the electricity room in the 6th floor fixing the elevator problem, when he’s done i found him in front of me in the front desk handling my ride to the airport. I really liked this place and I planning to come again whenever I get chance to visit Istanbul.

Excellent location, room, value

More electric plugs in the living room area are needed for phones and laptops near the couch area. DVD player and fax seemed outdated and unnecessary. Who uses those anymore. Bathroom could use a real full door instead of the short glass door so the whole room won’t stink after you do your business.

Great location next to Osmanbey metro and a pleasant short walk to Taksim square. Spacious rooms. Very helpful staff. Full kitchen with a big fridge. There’s also a mini market Infront of the hotel so one can fill the fridge daily.

Best location for those that don't have to stay at a classic hotel
    • Family Suite

warm water takes time to heat variety of breakfast

best location great staff warm and cozy fair prices large rooms feels like home more than a hotel

Istanbul has a special magnetism. Nisantasi is a great area for shoping. I recomend.
    • Suite

No big issues - maybe the bathroom is a bit outdated.

Basic but good breakfast. Nice staff. Good value for money. Close to underground. Quit ( for Istanbul). Very clean.

• Suite

The only thing that we weren’t so happy about was the breakfast. It has a good quality but it doesn’t have Variety , like you see the same things everyday .

This hotel has really nice staff and they always help people for everything like one night my wife got sick so i had to take her to hospital then I contacted the reception and he took a taxi for me in a second and i took my wife to the hospital on time . We went there for our honeymoon and except the days that my wife was sick we had a really good time there. The hotel is so clean and close to whatever you name it like stores ,restaurants ,ATM machines and metro stations. They brought us a bunch of flowers and candy for our honeymoon and they gave us a really good feeling and I really appreciate it.

Very nice area, best staff very friendly very helpful, big...
    • Suite

Very nice area, best staff very friendly very helpful, big rooms, cleaning staff very professional, breakfast was amazing, very family friendly atmosphere, long story short it was an amazing experience highly recommended

Overall it was a very good experience to stay at Gallery Residence.
    • Suite

The bathroom didnt have proper exhaust system so after the use of commode the whole room was stinky.

Location Accessibility to all eateries and metro and other public trasport Good breakfast. Staff very friendly. Overall Good value for money.

Nice apartments in an excellent location. It’s a good choice only if prices are low.
    • Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Rooms are smaller in reality, no parking area, breakfast options are limited, no room service, very expensive vs. other similar options

Excellent location and very helpful staff.

Small hotel but very neat and comfortable like a 5 star...

Small hotel but very neat and comfortable like a 5 star hotel especially staff is very polite and cooperative. Mr Gokhan, Sinan and Mesmer are always there to help you and resolve all your needs regarding to your trip. These three are blessings for hotel business.

Gallery hotel is better than expected

Gokhan at the front desk is amazing. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated with amazing artwork. The location is convenient. The breakfast was light and enjoyable. Great value for money. I will definitely be staying here again on my next trip to Istanbul.

Value for money
    • Suite

kitchen very well equipped (even dishwater) but missing the basic : not at all and glasses, just two coffee cups though we were three persons

Very friendlystaff, always too willing to help in anything we ask Both shifts at front desk, Gokan and Mehmet adorable

The staffs was great helpful always and I will recommend it.

Well to be honest I was happy with all facilities.

The staffs was great helpful always and I will recommend it. Location as well was very closed to everything you needed.

it was a great hotel.
    • Suite

it was a great hotel. I was there to get married. I really appreciate Gokhan and other receptionist helps who are working there. they are very kind and helpful and patient people.

Location is good, staff are amazing, the neighborhood is...

I believe everything was good

Location is good, staff are amazing, the neighborhood is safe and quiet. Close by Nusret #saltbae. walking distance to great brands such as LV, Gucci etc.... The heating system is extremely good. The breakfast variety suits almost 90% of people.

Not suitable for a family
    • Superior Twin Suite

The location is filled with nude pictures that is not fit for a family especially breakfast area and bedrooms. The rooms are strangely designed and the bathroom doors do not lock and were almost transparent The breakfast was not that good.

The place was clean and close to Taksim

Nice, recommended
    • Superior Twin Suite

The only thing which did not spoil vacation but I have to mention is the strange halfdoor to the toilet which does not give any private space and sound isolation as it does not lock and finish on a half way to the ceiling. If you stay with not very close person in a room it might be inconvenient.

We were staying in a suite with kitchen what is really convenient,heating system is very good. The hotel has very nice interior with paintings and sculptures,really arty. Good esential breakfast, very nice staff. The most amazing was possibility to use sauna and jakuzzi freely which was opened till late night. Good location, 3 min from metro, supermarket across the street Taksim sq 25 min walk.

Very Satisfied
    • Suite

We arrived late at night and then they waited for us and welcome us .. .. All basics equipments is available on the suite.. Comfortable to sleep on bed too. .. The staff there are so kind, they are always available to help and suggest where to go and good places in Istanbul. We received a good help from 'Gokhan' who was on reception, very skilled and kind. And Thank you for the welcome gift.

Highly Recommended!
    • Suite

Not sure about the parking slots though..(visitors with cars need to double check this) Used metro during the day At nights Taxis and Uber whenever needed to go out of Nisantasi

In the best area in Istanbul "Nisantasi" Few min walk to Osmanbey metro station. Best caffes and pubs in Istanbul are few min walk. The place is Clean, Tidy, and worth every penny! A supermarket facing the hotel with litrary everything you may need, money exchange by the corner, Pharmacy, and numerous caffes.. -Friendly Staff and helpful.

Nice and gentlemen staff and receptionists
    • Suite

I did not like the glass toilet door without lock at all and open from the top. Very strange door design for toilets below standards. Water pressure Is very good though. Suits are not large so tight for family with children.

Nice and gentlemen staff and receptionists

good , friendly, helpibg staff.i recommend it
    • Suite

mixing water i mean cold and hot is not good shaver is too small and not fix

staff very friendly and helping resonable price good location easy access to most favorite destinations

very good price, very good hotel

very very very good hotel and good price.. i do the booking for 3 regular rooms and when we arrived they upgraide us for all the rooms like a small sweet wich was really good .. perfect location good hospetility all the pepole who work ther is helpfull .. recomended for all

highly recommend to staying there
    • Suite

It was a very nice stay for eight nights The hotel staff was very nice and very helpful both in my very early check-in process and in the stay of the hotel I would like to thank the manager of the hotel for Mr. UFUK for his cooperation And also the night shift crw and also the work of organizing and arranging the rooms and also responsible for the restaurant she was very gentle highly recommend to staying there it is near from every thing METRO ,BUS stations .supermarket shopping the people who like the most luxury brand all of it is near from the hotel

Big room, nice bathroom

small window, almost no daily light, no "privacy" option to mark the door and to avoid housekeeping coming inside when you do not want them. Breakfast is average.

Big room, nice bathroom

Very comfortable in an amazing location

Very comfortable hotel in a perfect location. It’s located in Nisantasi, which is the new heart for tourists in Istanbul. There are plenty of good restaurants and shopping streets and malls around. Taksim is no more attractive, since most of the good restaurants, bars, and shopping sites are closed there. Very clean hotel with delicious breakfast. Bed and room furniture/space is quite comfortable and more than enough. Staff is very friendly and helpful. I’ll definitely stay again.

Nothing but acceptable
    • Suite

BREAKFAST is POOR .I pointed out to kitchen incharge but she had no response at all

Nothing Special just small hotel but area is good all BRANDS and Shopping area is near staff is not as cooperative as they should be.TAKSIM Sqaure is atleast 2 KM away from this hotel

I liked the location ,the fact that is very close to the...
    • Suite

I would prefer a bigger variety of fruits at breakfast.

I liked the location ,the fact that is very close to the center but at the same time in a safe area.The hotel is very quiet.And the stuff very friendly and ready to help you anytime.

the manager offered us free breakfast.

every morning we woke up with sound of staffs who worked outside of room. rooms in street side are so noisy. staffs can hardly speak english! we killed a big cockroach on the toilet corridor.

the manager offered us free breakfast.

it was just ok not wonderful.
    • Suite

staffs hardly understand english! two days waiting for washing dishes! toilet has glass wall, so when you are using it others can see you we the glass was blurry. Jacuzzi was not available any time! roof garden is all dark at night cause there is no light.

Disappointed

The ceiling was very low, the design of bathroom was not new ,too much mosquitoes,we ended up with too many bites and the sleeping was not comfortable . We are disappointed with both the property and The maneger who agreed to market 2 rooms for us but he leased it for him self . Had he told us of his intention Of leasing it for him self, we would have checked in.

The property with very low ceiling , the design of bathroom...

The property with very low ceiling , the design of bathroom was not comfortable, too much mosquitoes ,we ended up with too many bites and because of that we could not sleep well

breakfast is limited but reasonable.

one of the receptionist is so helpful named mateen and the others is lazy d

breakfast is limited but reasonable.location is excellent for shopping in the area

excellent hotel excellent service and awinning location.

parking

excellent hotel excellent service and awinning location. it should be noted that the receptionist metin helps with every question and request with a smile and joy. excellent breakfast and very nice elcin hostess.

We enjoyed our stay at Gallery Residence and we plan to be back at our next stay in Istanbul.
    • Suite

There was a power shortage in the area of the hotel and without the air conditionned it was very hot. But the hotel gave us our money back for that night and they gave us free limonade the day after.

Bed very comfortable. Excellent breakfast with plenty of choices. We had a suite being with our son and it was very convenient. We appreciated the green patio on the 2nd floor that allows us to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air.The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Good service,staff was great actually who speak arabic guy...
    • Suite

Nothing everything was great.thanks Mateen..

Good service,staff was great actually who speak arabic guy Mateen Mateen ,location is great,perfect view green patio...

Not a 4-star hotel level
    • Superior Twin Suite

Only limited staff spoke English so communication was difficult at times. Corridors are hot as there were no AC's. The breakfast had rotten black scrambled eggs in the entire batch which was also very cold and the jug of milk had a fly stuck inside. Also no selection of low fat milk. The bathroom was very small and the frosted glass area in the door offers little privacy. There was a do not disturb sign yet on two mornings housekeeping knocked on the door. There was a dirty cloth left in the closet and the side table in the single bed area was broken. The room did not have simple ammenities such as tissue box and tea and coffee were not replenished after the first day as is the standard with other comparable hotels where these are stocked up daily. There were dirty dishes in the dishwashing machine which housekeeping only realized were missing on the next day. The tv is very small and only had Turkish channels although the brochure had a number of channels for Humax. We used the laundry service but the items were not delivered by the time specified in the laundry leaflet or the time by the receptionist. The overall rating of 8.7 was highly misleading as the hotel did not reflect a true 4-star hotel status.

Great location, a few minutes from Osmanbey station but still in a quiet area. Nice cafes and shops around. Good Wi-Fi. Balcony. Complementary Turkish delight package.

lost my money for a very bad hotel that I couldnt stay in more than 1 night

Unfortunatly I almost did not like everything, the rooms size was so small, my room view was bad, there were spiders and bugs in my room, the AC was so bad and the water at the bathroom stopped suddenly !!

The only one thing was good a bout the hotel is where it located, its near from the famous nisantisi shopping street at Istanbul + the wifi

Well located and good value for money.
    • Superior Twin Suite

The accommodation is certainly in need of improvement. My friend and I stayed in the twin suite which was pretty spacious but the bathroom door didn't offer much privacy, the tub leaked water out onto the floor, and the curtain rod at the foot of our beds actually collapsed on us as we were leaving. It was nice to have breakfast included but we found that the items were not really being restocked (even with 30-45 minutes of breakfast service to go) and plates were not cleared in time for new rounds of guests to be seated.

Well located and good value for money. Staff were friendly and offered us some tips on things to do and see in town. The hotel is a short walk from the metro station so it's easy to get around.

The Sales manager was understanding and helpful.

The AC was not working since day 1. The breakfast had no variety. The fridge in the room wasnt cooling. There were trash bags all the time outside the hotel.

The Sales manager was understanding and helpful.

Thier staff are very friendly especially guy called Matin,...
    • Suite

The room is very tight and we spent one night without air conditioner with hot weather, which made us no sleep all the night and didn't get breakfast in the morning.

Thier staff are very friendly especially guy called Matin, he is a very good man. but the room is very tight and we spent one night without air conditioner with hot weather, which made us no sleep all the night and didn't get breakfast in the morning.

Good venue but needs little improvements
    • Suite

At the top very noisy A/C packages, cleaning rooms can be improved and frequent minibar checking was not appropriate and can be scheduled with room cleaning 'it was too noisy'. Finally, breakfast has a very limited menu

Very nice and helpful staff. Very nice lady at the kitchen preparing breakfast.

Best you go

Small TV scream, lack of international channels.

The location is amazing is centered. The receptionists are kind and welcomed. Every thing is great about it.i highly recommend it .

A nice and very clean hotel in a great location (Nisantasi)...
    • Suite

Manager charged us 16TRY for two small water bottles.

A nice and very clean hotel in a great location (Nisantasi) with extremely helpful staff and good price. The room (we had a suit) was very spacious and closets and shelves were big enough. The room has all of the expected (and more) amenities such as: good air conditioning system, WIFI (slow), safety deposit box, fridge, tea/coffee maker, kitchen, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, iron (+board), slippers, glasses, cups and etc. The breakfast is served in a well decorated and relax atmosphere by helpful staff. Eventually, I would recommend it to anybody.

I asked for an early check-in and they upgrated my room for...

I asked for an early check-in and they upgrated my room for free! Really nice and helping staff, always here when you have a question. Big + for the metro station which is only 3min away.

Poor customer service & poor facilities
    • Superior Twin Suite

I went there with my son during holy month of Ramadan.Since we are fasting, we requested to have the same breakfast to be made available earlier (sahoor) during check in. To my total disappointment the Receptionist and later on his Manager rejected our request to make the bfast available earlier for us so that we can start fasting for the day.!They only proposed a part of the bfast(just few basic things in a small plate!).After whole tiring arguments and my request of cancelling my reservation to go out for another hotel, then they lighheartedly accepted it...Unfortunately Tv and room phone was not working until 2nd day neither. Besides the toilet door is so annoying: just half sized open door where all the noise is spread to the room!

2nd day only the other receptionist mr Mustafa was trying to improve things..

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Great and a pleasant stay with Gallery Hotel & Residence
    • Suite

Apartment was comfortable for the two of us. Supermarket just a few steps away from apartment. This is imperatively important for us as we do cooking for dinner. The kitchen utensils were well equipped. Breakfast spread was great. What I like most of Gallery Residence their staff relation was top notch, very nice sweet and helpful people. Also shopping area Nisantasi from medium to High luxury brands are just 10mins walk from the apartment, the Metro Station Osmanbey that takes you to the Grand Bazaar and anywhere else is also within 10mins walk. You can get about everything within the vicinity of the apartment. I would strongly recommend to other friends to stay in this apartment and which I already did. Hope to return again to this apartment. Thanks to Ufuk the Manager, Martinez and Golkan as they made our stay a most pleasurable one.

worst experiece,

its better to stay in Jail than this place. i don't know who gives this hotel 4 star, it even not 2 start hotel.

nothing, except than the reception staff

Best value for money!

Kind and friendly staff, helpful even from distance. The location was excellent. Everything was next to the hotel. Nisantasi is one of the best locations you can stay.

Superb boutique hotel close to up market shopping and short distance to Taksim Square.

The hotel was far too hot..even with the heating switched off the heater on the room was still really hot. There was no DVD player in the room as specified which would have been good as the only English Channel was news! Complimentary tea/coffee would have been great as there was a full kitchenette provided.

The staff were very friendly, the location was good. The hotel was very clean and well furnished/decorated. My room was great.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

What a shambles

In the morning the cleaners were shouting along the hall ways, the staff are extremely rude and didn't tell me anything about the breakfasts - not to mention looking my gf up and down constantly. Vile if anything, they only cater for the Arab clientele - location great, clean and somewhat of a good room. But the staff are crappy as hell.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Gallery Residence Hotel Nisantasi review
    • Suite Room - Basement Floor

The location was perfect . Staff were very friendly and nothing was a bother to them . Very comfortable apartment . We had a great stay and would recommend to anybody . Thanks you.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

a three day of comfort in a very cosy hotel in centre of istanbul

staff very friendly , location excellent very close to metro line and 10 minutes walking to taksim square, located on a very busy street with many restaurants and shopping

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

amazing suite, amazing price amazing location but above all...

amazing suite, amazing price amazing location but above all its reception Mr. Ari who personally showed us our room and when we requested an upgrade made it happen in a matter of minutes! Thank you

At the end, I found my hotel in İstanbul.
    • Suite Room - Basement Floor

Gokhan at the reception Local printer Bath tube Kitchen facilities Clean and quiet room Breakfast Price Closeness to metro and main street Wi-fi reception Bath equipment

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Stylish hotel

No sunlight in the room

Polite staff, stylish hotel, large suite, great free internet, ok breakfast, clean.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Clean, beautiful view to Bosphorus, good space

Clean, beautiful view to Bosphorus, good space

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

• One-Bedroom Suite

Bathtub was a bit uncomfortable.

Great location. And friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

It was a joyful stay

The bed is comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Location and cleanliness

Breakfast and wifi

Location and cleanliness

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

It was awful, dirty disgusting.

It was awful, dirty disgusting.

Nth