Reviews of Golden Park Hotel Taksim Bosphorus 4 stars

Lamartin Caddesi No:22-24, Beyoglu, 34437 Istanbul, Turkey

#1109 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

6.2

The air condition was noisy and not working well, the...
    • Double or Twin Room

The air condition was noisy and not working well, the calculated money for converting euro to Turkish lira was not as it is shown in the website they said that you most pay more, simply I paid more money in Turkish lira.

A tired hotel with good possibilities if the right approach is taken.
    • Double or Twin Room

1st room had no daylight and 2 single beds when double was requested. Room 1056. In 2nd room I got wakened every night by next door room noise anytime between 02.30 and 04.30. Asked the reception to speak with them but was just told to call reception at noisy times. They did not offer to speak with them. Shower frame leaked on to bathroom floor room 1057 during every shower. Strong smell of cigarette smoke in 2nd room 1057. I had requested no smoking room. Room door was left unlocked / open by cleaning staff on one occasion. Hotel emptied my mini bar during my absence from the room without informing me. When I challenged reception about it they told me that they had emptied every minibar in the hotel. Not professional to do this without informing the guests. .

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Only location

Very old furnitures, rooms are not been maintained and repair for long, bath room not repair for long time and all the time water float in bathroom

• Double or Twin Room

Dirty carpet , old bath tube , we arriveed 10 am , waiting for 2 pm for check in , they did not check in 2 pm , they did 3 pm , it was terrible !!!!

Location is attractive
    • Double or Twin Room

Old bath room that needs renovation. Noise neighborhood and neighbor rooms shouting playing all the night. We didn't complain because we were for 2 nights and tired after long trip in Turkey.

Staff are doing their best to raise the level of service but still needs more supervision and attention. Location is very good. Close to everything

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Unsatisfieg

Almost everything apart from being near to Taksim Square

Apart from being close to Taksim Square unfortunately nothing else was good about this hotel. It has the most terrible view of a row of derelict buildings in the area. In our opinion this is a maximum 2* hotel not a 4* as advertised by booking.com

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Breakfast was good

cannot connect to wifi in the the room only in the lobby , cleaning was mehh we still smell smokes in the room , the cleaning guys were too slow we waited 6 hours to check in in our room till they finished cleaning

Breakfast was good

very bad

hotel is not 4 star, maybe 2 star the most, rooms are dirty very smelly rooms, cigarette burns on the carpets very dirty carpets in the room with stains on them very old bathroom for a 4 star hotel you dont even get free drinking water in the room, you will have to pay for it very bad WiFi air condition dont work properly, very noisy you cant sleep at night my 5 days stay i changed the rooms three times

You can think of it as a decent budget option
    • Double or Twin Room

- One of the receptionist (an older guy) was quite rude, without enough English knowledge and the patience to listen and answer. - I was surrounded by noisy neighbors and could hear all the shouting and fights.

- Good location if you want to be around Taksim. - Most of the staff are helpful

It was dirty , the room floor wasn’t even cleaned there was...
    • Double or Twin Room

It was dirty , the room floor wasn’t even cleaned there was food and chips all over the floor this hotel should not even get 1 star, it was so bad that I checked out and went somewhere else it was the worst hotel experience I’ve had , and the room Don’t even look like the pictures

Smelly rooms
    • Double or Twin Room

i didnt believe the reviews when they said that the rooms were smelly. Our room smelled like a kitchen cooking indian food and the other one smelled like really bad sweat. One time the housekeeping didnt even bother to clean the rooms.

The location was the only good thing

The only think is that location is good near Taksim and the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Room is very dirty and the bathroom has a bad smell Even when i took a shower the bad smell comes from the bathtub whole Will never recommend to book on this hotel I booked 3 nights and I cancelled my booking because of the that Room number was 1056 I claimed about it to the reception manager he smiled and said we know that thank you for the information!!!! Was a very tough and bad experience for me and my wife On all of that the room rate is 90 USD per night !!! I will never pay for this room more than 30 USD

The only think is that location is good near Taksim and the breakfast was good

never ever again!
    • Double or Twin Room

we have reserved by credit card but we mentioned that we will pay at Hotel but before we arrive in hotel they have reduced from the credit card! They have changed the hotel rate by excuse of Euro rate although in my reservation voucher has written the exact price in Euro and Turkish Lire. we reserved a double bed (king size) but they told us you must go to the twin bed room. the room was dirty and we found a nail near the mirror which was disgusting the room was disaster although after 1 night we changed the room . the Ac doesn’t work properly and has lots of noises we couldn’t sleep at night so we turned it off. the refrigerator doesn’t work at all it is just a dirty box. The corridor light does not work properly. The swimming pool was closed although it is very small. Nobody can talk or understand English except 1 Guy . It is 4 stars Hotel but I think it is not! the maximum rate is 2 top or 3 poor.

The worst hotel I've ever visited

I did not like anything at the hotel, specifically the following: 1. The beds were not comfortable. 2. The rooms were not clean. 3. The towels are old and worn. 4. Breakfast is poor in types of food, not suitable for a 4-star hotel.

Nothing any more...

I like the location and the designs.
    • Double or Twin Room

I don’t like the fact that there was no Housekeeping for 2 straight days , the 2nd time was after we already talked to them the first day. The Pool and Massage staff are very Rude to kids and to Families , they always avoid kids getting into the pool so they can stay calm . Despite the tips , they still don’t appreciate the person , and the massage staff have no idea about their work.

I like the location and the designs.

Some rooms is Good Other was small
    • Double or Twin Room

We Change more than room and most of them is smoking room Unfortunately the are give me smoking room when I reached hotel the should now that we booked non smoking room but reply from them no room available now , the should be ready for the customer home booked by booing .com

Some rooms is Good Other was small Only one staff now English Mr,Maik Hi is the best person in hotel for all shifts

moderate
    • Double or Twin Room

the bed that i slept was less comfort.only thin blanket was provided. the air conditioning was not working after 10am.it was a summer that i m staying till 12 noon

internet connection was good

Reception team are helpful
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is poor, Limited items Housekeeping is not god, They will come Only if you call them to make up the room Mini bar is not refreshing daily, Only 1 bottle of water and 4 tea bags along with 8 bags of sugar on first day then no refreshing In all 4 stars hotels, these are complimentary items and it is provided on daily baisis For down payment, they did not give me a receipt which is strange But to be honest, while checking out they did not deny this payment

Reception team are helpful Good shaded place for setting in front of the hotel hotel location is god, close to Taksim square and all restaurants

I enjoyed staying at this hotel and wish to progress for the welfare of the resident.
    • Double or Twin Room

Needs more attention in cleaning the rooms and increasing and diversifying in the morning breakfast.

Close proximity to the shopping areas, help and good treatment of the hotel team especially Mr.Mike in front office.

Management needs to look at the hotel policies
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Bosphorus View

Breakfast was not upto my expectations, I didn’t do breakfast there. Stayed there five nights but did only twice. This was four star hotel but tea bags and sugar was not provided on daily basis in the room only once at the check in. They charged me for a small glass of water. No iron available, I had to pay for that.

Location was very good, centre of Istanbul. Night life beautiful, safe to walk even in the middle of the night.

Clean, close, and convenient. Work on the hospitality!
    • Double or Twin Room

Most of the staff don't know English. There was only Mike who knew, and he was the best among them all.

The location is so convenient! It's close to most of the public transportation there!

Amazing!

We had a very pleasant stay at The Golden Park hotel. The location was perfect, and just walking distance from Istiklal street and also the metro station. The hotels amenities were great and the reception staff were really friendly and helpful, specifically Mike. He was always ready to assist with any questions even if it wasnt related to the hotel, and just regular queries about tours or even just getting around. I would recommend staying at the golden park hotel to anyone and I would definitely go back there!

We spent 7 nights here and mostly we like ambiance and...

Staff behaviour

We spent 7 nights here and mostly we like ambiance and location which were very close to metro station as well as public transportation.

The doorman was very greedy. They did not give me a multiple plug. Breakfast was very very basis and there was no service by the waiters. They were lazy and virtually dont want to work. Cleaning lady never cleaned cleaned our room even once in days. Upon check out they even charged me for 3water bottles for which I dont even know.

Great location, other stuff need improvement!

Uncomfortable beds, dirty carpet, staff is mostly not friendly, water system has major problems, you can take a proper shower only during certain times of the day. In need of major improvement, but has good potential!

Great location!

Nothing you can like not only me whenever I pass from lobby...
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel looks like ghost house reception never great and smile so empty and dirty the room 1 word is disaster dirty everywhere Room is dusty and stains everywhere very old damaged towels yellow stain bed sheets rooms have very small tv as a laptop screen only 1 room has 40 inch tv which they call suit )) the kettle they provide I can’t explain unfortunately couldn’t save a picture it was found from the trash bin obviously basically don’t pay before checking the room in this hotel !!! The Taba luxury suits is better try it out close to Beşiktaş better than any 4 hotels in Istanbul!!!

Nothing you can like not only me whenever I pass from lobby some guest shouting to Reseption always complains

This hotelall of passengers was arabian pepole
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel really price in other website for 4 night per person 82€ but i booked in booking.com aftere sales 4 night per person 120€ . & when i was check in The hotel reception said reservation with booking.com is without breakfast.

The location is good

As per my ratings
    • Double or Twin Room

Unfriendly staff, everything you ask you need to pay. If you are cold they will not provide you with extra blanket, in fact they will ask you to turn off AC, like we didn’t think of this. :(

As per my ratings

The staffs were helpful, and good location, and satisfied...
    • Double or Twin Room

Needs more updates & changes as we were at 8th floor and we saw many ants were moving around on the room & toilet's floor, and the tv wasn't working but wasn't a big deal for us as we watched the world cup matches online. And the breakfast menu need more variant options & improvementa for day to another as we had the same menu for 6 nights.

The staffs were helpful, and good location, and satisfied for free wifi

MY NEW FAVORITE PLACE IN ISTANBUL
    • Double or Twin Room

* the breakfast was medium and it could be better everything else was AMAZING AND PERFECT

* staff is super nice and helpful * location is great * price for value is great * nice , clean

Neat place, great location, nearby restaurants and taksim,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Neat place, great location, nearby restaurants and taksim, marts, good breakfast, nice hospitality. We really enjoyed the swimming pool and I recommend this hotel.

The staff was very helpful and nice to talk to.
    • Double or Twin Room

It is an old property and a lot of the room fixtures and fittings including the toilet fittings need a change and maintance. Also the basic tea and coffee packets weren't available.

The staff was very helpful and nice to talk to. The location is perfect and for the price you pay... You can't complain much.

Only location of the hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Location great, but thats all...booked 1 room for 2 adults, at arrival the receptionist showed me a booking confirmation where was shown i booked for 1 adult and 1 child and immidiatatly asked me for 20 euro extra /day.( i had booking for 6 night) I showed him my booking confirmation for 2 adults but he told me that is not good confirmation, what he has is the good one. Very unprofessional way to deal..he could not wait to charge us more money. I could not cancel as i booked whit no money back cancellation policy. After we paid the extra money we went to the room ...another shock...on my booking i booked a 24square m room...the room we got was not bigger then 10-12 square m.......the excuse again was that we arrived late and this is the only one empty room left, the bed had a really uncomfortable mattress, old stye mattress badly used . Last 2 days after my partners complains they changed our room to a bigger one whit a bigger bed( same bad mattress) .next day morning went to get breakfast!! Really poor menu..really poor, for fried eggs they was going to charge extra..as was only boild egg ,10 am waiters and stuff collected the left over food , whitout gloves., just droped stuff in plastic containers...pool not working( no chlor in the water)...i really got dissapointed ..will never book again whit this hotel..ooohhh and at the end while carrying the luggages we met a lady in the lift really upset about the condtion of the hotel, staff and way they dealt whit her she said she will never return too and will complain about the hotel) DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL.

Only location of the hotel

Literally the worst hotel experience in my life
    • Double or Twin Room

NEVER STAY THERE. I walked in after hoousekeeping cleaned my room, and found POO STAINS ON THE TOWELS, as per the attached pictures. I also found that the room number sign was broken and thrown in the floor in my room, and massive dirt stains in the room. Also they did not refill the water, and when I asked them to they told me it is chargeable. Moreover, the staff are extremely rude and not helpful (except the front office manager who was nice but couldn't do anytning) Not only they refused to refund me, but when I asked to check out a 6pm instead of 2pm, they charged me a full extra additional night Last but not least, the AC was a heater and it felt like a sauna in the room. They ruined my whole Istanbul trip Please note that the attached picture were taken immediately after housekeeping "cleaned" the room

reception staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Pool is small. Persons at SPA don't know about SPA. House keeping service forgot previous guest garbage at trash can. May be double check must be followed for house keeping

reception staff

Staff are very friendly & always glad to help us during...
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast same content in all my stay 10 nights , start from 7am to 10am if you come 9 you will find some empty plates didn't filled again . Room services is very bad because they didn't change Beds cover when we check in . No hot water only wormed found in the shower .

Staff are very friendly & always glad to help us during our stay at any time .

. برای هموطن های فارسی زبان فارسی می نویسم یکی از دلایل...
    • Double or Twin Room

one reason for selected this hotel for use pool but behaviour staff pool was very bad .he told me can not use the deersing pool and can not use the sona and Turkey bathroom. water pool was very cold .I and my baby very cold and sick

. برای هموطن های فارسی زبان فارسی می نویسم یکی از دلایل انتخاب من برای هتل استخر سرپدشیده لود که رفتار متصدی استخر خیلی زننده بود چون استخر رایگان بود و حمام ترکی و سونا را پولی کرده بود اب استخر را انقدر سرد کرده بودکه نشه بری تو اب بعدش هم دنبال بهونه بود که از استخر استفاده نکنیم بهونه کرده بود که باید حتما کلاه بزارید در کل هتل به لحاظ موقعیت و صبحانه کامل به قیمتش نسبت به هتل های دیگه می ارزد

. The location is perfect near taksim square.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is like 3 stars not 4 stars. Poor breakfast variety. average cleaning service. We asked for late check-out and a room with 1 double bed upon reservation but we got a room with twin beds and offer us to pay 20$ for each room if we want late check-out. At checkout we paid for every small bottle of water we drinked at the room 1$ which costs at near store 0.5 turkish lera (equals 0,15$ The spa and pool is very expensive. 100$/person for two hours

. The location is perfect near taksim square. Staff is good and polite. They offer a taxi from/to the airport at fair price.

it wasn't good experience
    • Double or Twin Room

very poor breakfast ,, very old pillows and duvet , uncomfortable bed the size of TV was very small and the walls are very thin and you can hear everything from the next door even the toilet flash !

location and housekeeping team

It was great.
    • Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel is very good. All services are near from you (Restaurants, Travel agencies offices, coffee shops and sweet shops. The dealing of the receptionists are very good.

Just location
    • Double or Twin Room

They close the air condition 2 times by the day every one time 5 hours , I didn't see any hotel did it and I spoke with the reception stuff they told me its order from the manager Another thing all rooms can spoke because the hotel cover the fire alarm

Just location

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

The location is excellent 2 minutes to Taksim metro station,...
    • Connected Family Room

i didn't like the fact that we booked for 1 week but the rooms drap weren't changed they were only tied even the day before our leave they tidied one room and the other no!

The location is excellent 2 minutes to Taksim metro station, the breakfast is rich and tasty...

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Great location with awful service and rooms
    • Double or Twin Room

Highly deceptive pictures of the rooms on the website. Never seen such a small tv screen in my life. Worse Internet and no laundry service or heaters available. Cleaning was as good as nothing. My bedsheets were not changed in 10 days.

Goksel at reception was extremely helpful and understanding. The staff was nice, accepted the problems but couldn't fix any of them.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Excellent hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Only the wifi was weak it worked only the first two days and then it disconnected and can be able to connect again

The hotel is very clean , it's location is excellent near to everything, the stuff are perfect and very helpful

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Excellent location, great breakfast, overall great value for...
    • Double or Twin Room

There was construction on the street of the hotel so movement with luggage is a bit hard

Excellent location, great breakfast, overall great value for money

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

in general not bad comparing with what we paid for the hotel.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Check in with the older man he was rude. Bathroom without aspirator. Everyday cleaning was not good sometime they clean part of the room.remote controle without battery. I suggest that to let the stuff check the menu bar while your check in cz from the first day i saw one bottle of water wasnt in the refrigerator and our check out they asked about,the prob was resolved and we didnt pay.

Close to taksim square. Good Breakfast. Check out the young man on the reception was helpfull,very nice and good english.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

We were not satisfied at all.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

We were not satisfied at all. We changed our rom the first night. We didn't have internett at all. The rom was far away from clean, there was problem with the shower. The rom was so loud that we could hear other people from our rom. The tv had had a phone size with irritaiting sound.The personals only try to lure money. We can't understand how this hotel is 4 stared. My opinion is 1 start

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Nice for a short stay near Taksim square
    • Double or Twin Room

#Extra charge of 13$ without any reasonable answer at the check in #Room carpet were not clean and staffs entered with shoes on #Room was very cold and it was like that the AC is not working correctly #There was a water leakage in bathroom #Hotel receptionist could not speak and understand English enough

#Location #Breakfast #Everyday room service #Easy check in and check out

Excellent experience, no hesitation of booking again and come back to this hotel, thank you
    • Standard Triple Room

Mattresses and pillows could be little bit better. Swimming pool very small

Great location, people very very good, breakfast food variety excellent. Breakfast area very clean and tidy, fast service in clearing and setting up tables for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Great place with limited service
    • Connected Family Room

The reception staff who encounterd us in the fist day was very impolite and shouting but the receptionist Haroon Al Rasheed was great and cooperative, the cleaner doesn't really clean and no sound proof walls, the daily breakfast is exactly the same every day(no change at all), on checkout, they are about to kick you out of the hotel, angry faces, overall all I won't book in the same hotel

The place and the price.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

I recumanded this hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

I asked for upper room and I found out I'm in first rooms level , breakfast was good but its bit expensive than it deserve and I booked for three nights but on the arrival day I found out I must pay for my 3 days ,,,like if an emergency happened and I have to leave the hotel even in my first day the hotel still charge me for 3 days :(

I like the location , good room and great price rate , I like to thank the night shift receptionist ( HARON) he was very copratave , very good English launguge skill that made communication very easily and he has great customer service

The staff is friendly and attentive.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Nothing would specifically singled out. Maybe, just shower in the bathroom, but even that 's not so bad. Central air conditioning that works at night throughout the hotel, inside the room was very noisy. We said at the reception and they said they will check whats problem and that it will be repaired, but it was our last night and I do not know if they are solved. I'm sure it will solve, because they are hardworking and helpful.

The staff is friendly and attentive. They gave us a better room with a big bed. In Istanbul, the most of the hotel rooms are very small that you can not turn around, but in this hotel is the size of the room is perfect. Breakfast is good and has a good selection of food. Excellent value for money. If we come back and be placed on Taxim we will certainly re-reserve this hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Nice hotel in Nice place close to Taksim Square
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The Only thing was not good it was the wall. Everythin what Neighboors do you can hear clearly. Even 1 night in two rooms 2 couple had a sex and it was clearly heard..That was terrible.. Airport transfer is so expensive 40 euro. Thanks to HAVABUS I arrived hotel. Windows also was not good and strong...could not sleep because wind or city sounds you could clearly hear ..

The Room was good nice clean with Mini bar Tv bathroom and double bed. Room was so clean everyday Hotel is in nice place so close to Taksim Square...nearly 3 minutes. Even we had check out late at 14-00 Thanks to manager he understood and said nothing.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Great Experience

Nothing at all

Second stay at the hotel. Great location, at the center of İstanbul (Taksim) . 2 mins walk to metro and bus station. The change at the hotel staff made me happy, very polite and helpful staff, good breakfast. Best price for that quality. Rooms are very big and comfy.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Good hotel
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Pillows should be changed... even if the pillow cases are new from laundry but still the pillows are badly smelly.

Location & cleanliness are really remarkable, bathroom was so clean and towels were fresh

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

on this price you can find better hotels!
    • Standard Triple Room

they charged me over than Booking invoice price at first and I had to pay that! I don't know why! the shower water was really cold! they told us you are are fibster, you drink free water in room but there wasn't any bottle in room. staff are not friendly and helpful!

nothing!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Nearest to every things.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

My comments as following: 1-Poor quality of TV channels because they have only 40 channels and around 20 channels not working due to bad signal. 2- Internet very bad and slow moving.

Nearest to every things.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Perfect

Everything was perfect. Location is just in the heart of Istanbul. Staff were very polite and helpful. The guy in the receptionist was very thoughtful. They even sent us fruit plate, which was very polite of them. Room was spacious, beautiful and clean. Breakfast was delicious and abundant. If we ever come to Istanbul we would like to stay here again.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

rooms were enough big and clean , breakfast was enough rich ...

Otel areas there was some building and It makes noise morning time , except that everything was good

rooms were enough big and clean , breakfast was enough rich , for next time hope see you guys thanks for everything

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Good for sleeping only.

The breakfast offered is poor,no fitness center even though on the website its mentioned in with picture as well

The location is good ,just few meters from Takseem square

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Great location and stay
    • Connected Family Room

Staff was really polite, very helpful. Highly recomended for the price we paid. Can be noisy at weekends but just ask and they will happily change your room!

5.5
    Not clean
    • Double or Twin Room

Not clean Old furniture Bathroom and toilet need maintenance both are old Breakfast is poor

• Double or Twin Room

So many things. The transport they arrange to airport was terrible too

Old and not comfortable

The bathroom

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Never wanna go to this hotel again

The internet during my stay was not working at all which was so frostrating. If I knew this I would not have booked this hotel

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

only the location

everything was bad in the hotel, i will never get there in my next trip

only the location

_

Not that good

Noise, room very cheep

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Location was very close to Taksim square.

They don't provide iron in the room. One has to pay for ironing.

Location was very close to Taksim square.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

6.0
    Bed was comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room

The housekeeper stole my perfume and the hotel didn’t accept responsibility, Room was always dirty

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

everything

everything

great place.

housekeeping need imbrove

I have great stay and good stuff.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

we enjoyed a lot
    • Double or Twin Room

it is better to improve cleaning the rooms and halls

staff are kind and location is perfect

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018