Reviews of Grand Star Hotel Bosphorus 4 stars

5.7

6.1

6.1

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

rooms are very small, although my room was a superior one. there were lots of hairs in the bed and on the sheets so I bought bed sheets myself, there were lipstick stains on the sheets I think there is no maintenance in the hotel, the bath ceiling was decayed , the drawer knobs were braked, the mirror in the room was broken, air conditioner fan worked with lots of noise and vibration

the location is great, just 3 min. walk to Taksim Sq. our room had a nice view of bosphorous and also a good value for money because of the discount , but not worthy with the normal price also a good satellite tv with lots of channels

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

It's in the middle of the city so a little loud (to be expected), and the WiFi is slow. Hardly worth complaints, our stay was excellent.

Nice rooms, great location, friendly staff.

• Interconnecting Family Rooms

First of all the hotel belongs to indian people which never mentioned at the website! because they had just indian food. The receptionists are awful and so rude! they never cleaned the room whithin 4 days! no customer service at all! if you request even for a cup of boil water they would charge you! in general i dont recommend anyone to waste theyr money for this hotel! at last, i would make a complain from the manager of the hotel, coz they never care even about reviews.

just Location.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I always choose Grand Star Hotel for my stays at Istanbul. I feel like i am at home, the staff are friendly and the location is perfect. Sure i will always stay here, but i have a small comment, i wish that an electric kettle be placed in the rooms.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

this is a good hotel for acceptable money! clean and comfortable rooms, friendly staff at the reception and the cleaner! comfortable beds also included breakfast. I think I'll be back here again! Thanks

• Economy Double or Twin Room

First of all attitude of staff at reception was totally unprofessional, they did not know the courtesy, how to greet at reception counter. They did not explain the facility available in my package. At break fast time there were no Glasses and tea cups available in the breakfast hall, after shouting by me they have provided hardly three or 4 glasses for customers of more than 20 in numbers waiting for the same. Milk jar was empty, but no one of the hotel administration were worried to fill the same, while the guest were constantly ask for milk. The services of the hotel were totally substandard even worst than a 2 star hotel. I would like to suggest the tourist coming Istanbul for God sake do not book this hotel at any cost.

There was nothing to like.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately the hotel did not offer drinking water bottles in the rooms. This in my opinion should be the standard in all hotels.

I was very happy with the hotel and their personnel. Especially Kübra who was working at the desk was very professional and of great help to us, listening carefully to our needs and always trying to find the best solution for us.

• Superior Triple Room

Breakfast was very poor. Couldnt get a sea view room as requested. Room didnt have a water boiler and when i needed i had to order hot water for money. Room access cards had very low quality we changed 6 cards throughout the week

• Economy Double or Twin Room

staff not helpful and not friendly the baggage when i checked out they not keep it in safe they put it outside reception with all baggages and that not safe

only location of the hotel

only the location

1- No Facilties in the Rooms ( even tissue nit availabe) 2-Restaurant is not accepted at all, even its not clean and no arrangements...i tired it one time and stopped.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff was not helpful, bathroom was dirty, there was fungi in the batroom silicone, the small pillows in the beds smelled like dust, breakfast was horrible.

• Superior Triple Room

everything impolite Stuff. Rude Manager. rooms are Awful. Nothing works on there, Even The shower! they Do not Respect you & your Family and will make you angry. I advise you not to go here.

Only the location Not Anything else is good about this Awful Hotel.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The hotel was horrible. Everywhere it was dirty. The staff was very bad.The food was cold and little. All the costumers were unsatisfied.There was always conflicts at the reception desk.I can't understand how this hotel has 4 stars really.Please, don't waste your money there.

I didn't like anything. The worst hotel i have ever stayed.

• Superior Triple Room

First of all staff were rude, I booked hotel before coming to turkey from Australia, they asked me credit card that booked hotel with rudly, lift didn’t work properly,?!?!?! And I took my laggages to level 3 by myself?!?! The only point was location if you are interested in taksim square

Location was good

Nothing at all.

nothing at all, it was a night mare for me & my family. everything is a mess, room, shower, brakfast, staff, cleanliness, comfort, gym & mtop of them is the receptionest. You think that sometimes if you repeat the question for them 2 times, they gonna hit you.

• Interconnecting Family Rooms

Stuff Food Cleaning Lift There is not even one single thing made me like about this hotel I booked a room for 320 euro but they charged me 400 euro can't trust them at all.

There wasn't anything to like most rude stuff ever I seen in my life no bell boy toilets was smelling bad carpet was so dirty that we had rashes on our body will not recommend at all.

• Interconnecting Family Rooms

No cleaning, no change of sheets. Used shampoo still in room even after asking for change! poor quality breakfast, dirty dishes and smelly cups, waiting for a long time for tea or a cup of milk! all you see in photos are totally different from the reality. Do not waist your money on this so called 4 star hotel!!! Don’t ask receptionist for help, of no use! So noisy at night!

• Interconnecting Family Rooms

everything. Hotel cheated on us, showed photos do not belong to the room we booked. room had cockroaches. Staff are rude! Bagging them to service the room. serviced once during one week of stay!!! I have photos for their bad service. do not USE.

location ONLY. everything else is bad.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

It was the worst experience in my life, Staff are very rude and non professional not helpful at all they ignore customers,especially a blonde lady at the reception she is really impolite and not professional she talks in agressive way with customers & non respect,its a big shame to recrute such a person there she destroyed the image of the hotel with her non professional behaviour,there is no wifi in the rooms i was complainning every day to fix it but no body cares,i went to talk with this lady as well and she answered me in a very rude way she said ( we are not a business hotel and if you want wifi you should pay..) !! All customers were complainning about it also but they ignored them,..breakfast is very poor nothing to eat & too much people you should fight to take a cup of tea ,i paied but never took it again after the first day, you cant find even an empty glasse where to drink and when you ask they refuse to give you,,rooms smell very bad and they dont clean good, we were 2 persons in the room and they put for us only one old towel every day, elevator most of time not working and when we arrived the first day no body wanted to take our luaggage up, they left it at the lobby 2 houres untill i got angry and went down to take it my self, really careless people abd very bad service! I advise every one to not do the same mistake and not stay at this nightmare hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We couldn't request for room service due to the note inside the room.It was mentioned that the hotel is not responsible for the loss of any of our personal stuff. Also, they don't have a luggage room and again they said they are not responsible if anything happened to our luggage and this will be a problem for early check out. The behaviour of the staff was very bad and rude except for miss Selda. she was very friendly and helpful. She was 10/10.

The hotel was somehow acceptable but it can be better. The location was acceptable . Miss Selda was very friendly and helpful. she was 10/10.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very bad hotel , very bad hotel , very bad hotel . About the room : there s no water no tissue.. cleaning is very bad .. services very bad .. breakfast i go only first day after i didn t go .. very bad breakfast Really i am surprised how this hotel is rating 4 stars , booking should to send someone to check .. this hotel deserve to have 1 star maximum .

• Corner Suite

It was really bad , the staff were disgusting and veryy rudee, it was nott clean at all ,,, important information it was like a Brothel i dont think this should be a option as a hotel

• Interconnecting Family Rooms

i asked the reception to provide a taxi to take me to the airport he agreed with him to take 70 tr but when we reached Attaturk internal airport he told he the charges is 100 tr for internal airport i gave him 70 but he refused and i gave him 100tr and he returned the 70 to me and left quickly i checked the money he returned only 20 tr to me he has taken 150 tr and when i returned from Trabzon i came to the hotel to make complain but nobody give me interest

the breakfast is not good it is less in quality before i stayed 2 years ago

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I have stayed twice at the Grandstar before and had a good experience however this time my stay was disappointing giving the fact that the service was awful and nothing of what was written on booking.com was provided. I expected better from this hotel based on the price, the attitude of the front desk ladies was impolite. Briefly i will never stay at this hotel again nor will I recommend it to others.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Dirt Dirt Dirt everywhere in the toilets , Room service bad , Room service fold the used towels and put them again as a new that is very dangerous to health and my lead to cross contamination like skin and sexual diseases.... I put some shampoo in the used towel ... when i opened the new towel after cleaning the room .... i found the shampoo on the towels ... i informed the reception team everyday but no action taken... only takes the complaints ... Also photos in the booking add not real ... In the breakfast ... the guests always fighting about to find clean cups .... coffee making machine not working properly ..... juice from industrial powder not natural .... Shampoo and shower gel not original and filled from big containers into small container i guess ....

• Superior Double or Twin Room

TV wasn't working, although I asked two connected rooms or at least closers, but they gave me one in the 1st floor and the second on 6th floor!!!

Only the location

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The hotel is not responsible for personal items in the room . The room included breakfast and i had to pay 10 TR for the omelette everyday .

Location , price and view .

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Internet is very poor and not working most of the time Beds are very narrow Breakfast lacks quality They print the credit card details for no logic reason

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Stuff were not trusted and friendly No privileges such as free tea or coffee, free water,ironing service nor bellboy service We had to carry our bags from 6th floor to the ground without any help from the staff as there was no bellboys service ! While stuff were playing and taking selfies and they didn’t offer help Also! One day I left the hotel and I tagged the door as “ do not disturb “ but still! They entered the room without permission and it was half clean and the save box was open !!! And no pin code on it !!!! I have even informed my friend who was staying at the same hotel to notify her and advice her not to put valued things. She said that she already got robbed and her money got stolen from the save box. And to protect them self they have put in the rooms that they are not responsible for any loss because they know that their staff are cheaters. The breakfast and area was really dirty and disgusting, many times I saw small cockroaches there while we were eating and if you request a fresh fried egg they will ask you to pay for it If I will rate them out of 10 I will give 1 only for the location. I can’t believe this hotel is a 4 stars, I think one star hotel is better than them. Honestly this is my worst experience I have ever had in my life.

• Interconnecting Family Rooms

The hotel was realy poor , small rooms , bad service , pool closed , no fitness cintre no room service ! Reception was un friendly. Breakfast was extremely bad you have to pay extra for omelette and juices!

• Superior Triple Room

Trivial issues but imp: 1) No tea/coffee marker machine. Was asked to pay 5 Lira for hot water. 2) The locker in our room (# 2508) would look out randomly....had to call the room service repeatedly. 3) The air condition system was not working... 4) Were provided one empty glass between three passengers 5) Veg option for breakfast - apple, orange, bread & butter, cornflakes

only the location of the property was good..

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Cold breakfast meals that should be warm. Very dirty breakfast cups. Impolite receptionist. Old fashioned elevator. هموطن ايراني گول ظاهر هتل رو نخوريد هتل أصلا ٤ ستاره نبود.

Only the view when having breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms were cold, heating did not work properly. When heating was turned on, smoke came from the outcomes of air condition. Bedclothes were not clean.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Uncomfortable and very small room although i booked a standard room i wanted to stay one more day but i another room they told me there is no other available u can stay at the same but with different price 10 euro more than tha price from booking. I stayed there 3 times total the last time they told me to give them 10 points at booking and if i will book again there i will have a cheaper room and better than this i have booked this never happen

Good location close to everything.

• Superior Triple Room

Didn’t like the breakfast , the room is small , staff are friendly but not so helpful. The television wasn’t working .. no tissues and water in the hotel...

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The room was awful not clean furniture broken and old system of doorkey not working well I have yo activate the key every day five times stuff agresive and not helful I visited Istanbul many times and my stay were through booking .com this stay was terrible I hate to vist Istanbul again also the room doesn’t prevent the outsidi noises my God it was garbage room

Nothing good

The internet

It is really a good hotel 3 minutes walking from Taksim and Istiklal street and the public transportation is 3 minutes walking as well. But their Internet is very slow. The staff were very helpful but they don't have a room for keeping your bags in case you want to stay out of the city for a night. Overall I enjoyed my staying there.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The sevice was very bad. I have booked the room for Grand Star, Which is the upstairs, They gave me the room on Economic Star Hotel Room which in the basement. Because of the room in basement bed and all curtain has mildew. (which you can see also on image). I asked to receptionist to change my room, He said, you should say before enter the room. I paid 90€ for mildew room. One of uneducated House keeper enter the room when I was in shower, I got shock. They haven't anything in mini bar, which should be have at 4 Star Hotel. The Worst Hotel Ever I see in my life.

Just Location.. Nothing Else..

• Economy Double or Twin Room

This hotel the worst hotel except the location can you imagine No one carry your luggage, i have alot of Compliance even the breakfast so bad, im I asking myself why this hotel have 4star maxium should have 3 or 2 star h hopefully you take my concerns on serious way and take the necessary action

Only location

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The staff, wifi,cleanness, soundproof,comunication,poor and bad breakfast, bad bed comfortability noisy people in breakfast time and no control

Nothing ,only the location was perfect

• Superior Triple Room

Apart from it’s good location in Taksim area, this hotel is horrible to say the least. We checked in to the “4 Star Grand Star Hotel” with mom and dad to find the following: - blood stains on sheets and carpets - some filthy stains on toilet’s door - Black stains on sheets - Broken bed - Broken AC - Damaged shower mixer. You end up showering with either freezing cold or boiling hot water When I contacted their reception, the guy’s feedback was that I can check another room but will have to move my luggage myself as there are no staff members at night! The other room was of course as bad as ours. I went back and told him so and his answer was that (let’s not forget his rude attitude) he cannot help me because I may check other rooms and still come back with the same problem. There is nothing he can do for me. I still find it odd that this hotel is categorised as a 4 star hotel in the heart of Istanbul!.. Please check the photos attached to see for yourself. With the money you gonna pay for this hotel you can certainly get a better one elsewhere. Disgusting! PS: the hotel has no room service. They tell you they do but good luck getting anything ordered / delivered to your room. They don’t even pick up the phone when transfered to room service.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Hotel dirty. Insect in the breakfast. The room is very small and no facilities at all. Staff are very rude except the receptionniste Fatih he is very friendly. The waitress in the bar was asking me and insisting to get tips. She told me " where is my bakshish ". Bar empty in the room no even water. Honestly it does not worth even 2 stars. I will not go back to this hotel any more.

The location is perfect in heart of taksim

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The staff is too bad not co operating even not smiling at all not responding to what we ask or need The toilet in the room shows that the toilet is clean and they put the paper which is mean that still not used after check out cleaning but I am sorry to say that the stool it was on the toilet washer nozel The room was smile bad In the break fast I swear the dishes was so dirty and it has some food from previous use So we decided to leave the hotel and we lost what we pay for one week and left the hotel to another hotel The problem is when my wife told the lady in restaurant that the dishes is not clean she did not answer any word but instead she looks to my wife with very bad way And when we left the hotel we told the man in the reception about these thing he did not answer even one word and even did not apologize This is our experience in this hotel

• Economy Double or Twin Room

My room down 3035A need to be more better and the price of water or coffie in hotel is expensive and the massage is expensive too

I like the people who work in eating down resturant all of them were good and they work hard

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was so smaller than photos! The room was on -3 floor. The room was close to the hotel storage and the noises woke me up few times till morning!!! Swimming Pool, Sauna and Steam room were OUT OF ORDER! I personally chose this hotel with that price because of these facilities! Staff had no idea about the reason of closed swimming pool and response was so rudely! without even saying a sorry!

Location was the only good thing about this hotel, a lot of hotels are in this area though.

Their staff.

The room very neat and clean but their room servic was very poor the staff at the reception were rude.The staff at the breakfast area were also not good. Location is very good 0km to Taksim square. My room was sea view so it was very nice. They need to improve their staff.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

there is no flexibility in payment. all the other hotels hold the fee amount from the credit card (in case of non refundable reservation) and accept either cash or credit card payment at the arrival of the customer, except this hotel who insist to deduct the money from the card, even thought i have requested them to keep it on hold until my arrival so i can pay in cash (although they have the right to do so but i consider it as inflexibility). They also took a picture of the credit card which is really unappreciated and insecure. for this particulate reason i will not consider this hotel again in my next trips. one more thing: the breakfast was little bit poor. if you are not a fan of cheese and honey you will not have many options and might starve till launch time. apart from the above 3 points i would give them very good/excellent evaluation on everything think else.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The house keeper, the manager, and orher staff members were involved in stealing our money from the safe deposit box. They stole 1200 dollars from the safe. Then we called the police and they didnt help us either, they were so bad. The staff was so rude after we reporrted. The house keeper didnt come the next day. Apparently they all were involved

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast room/Restaurant..... DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT. Breakfast was poor, very poor, very dirty looking. As guests left sometimes the table were left messy for 15-20 min. I had to go looking for waiters to come and clean a table so I could sit down. Very disappointing. Do not book breakfast.

The room I got was big, clean, quiet and comfortable. I really liked it. Great value for money too. The reception staff was very nice, very business like so don't expect a big smile and a warm welcome, but they were very efficient.

• Superior Triple Room

1. There are no Tissues in the rooms. if u needed tissues they were extra charge to the room. 2. There is no drinking water bottles. also they were extra charge. 3. They never vacuumed our room nor dusted them for 6 days. 4. They check out was at 12 pm. every hour would charge you 10 euros extra 5. No concierge to pick up and drop your luggage. you have to carry them yourself. 6. The staff is extremely rude. when we had comments about the room they told us that either u take the room as it is or cancel it and look for another hotel. 7. The Refrigerator in the room doesn't work, we thought it was only in our room but this was their policy to avoid customers to bring food up to the rooms. 8. Extremely bad breakfast, not even worth giving it a try, there was only 1 kind of bread and barely refills. no staff and you have to serve yourself. We stayed 6 days and had breakfast only once at the hotel although we booked our rooms with breakfast. 9. We had to pay the whole amount in euros in advance for our stay. 10. The hotel smells soooo bad. very very bad smell at the lobby and in some rooms (especially the olds ones and not renovated ones) All the reviews that were written about the hotel was a complete lie and disappointment. We were super disappointed at our stay and for sure it will be the last we stay at this hotel. This should be a 2 star hotel and sadly not a 4 stars hotel.

1. Loctaion

• Interconnecting Family Rooms

I didnt like the fact that the hotel room was really run down and almost everything had an awful stain on it..Really didnt feel comfortable sleeping in the beds because of the stains.Mini bar fridge was empty and told there was a charge to even have water in it.Tv Channels were almost all Arabic and couldnt watch anything.The Wifi was slow and mostly all the time would drop out and you would need to re log in !Corridors were very dark and eery and we got lost the first 2 nights because there are almost 6 elevators in this tiny hotel. Our room was Breakfast only and sad to say it was very poor!We could ever hardly find a table or even a clean one, we would always struggle to Find things like cutlery, cups , napkins,plates and when we did find the one thing another would be missing! Food wasnt all that grand.Not much variety and the breakfast times were very short meaning you had to have breakfast between 7-10 which is not ideal for Families! The hotels pool was not working throughout our 4 night stay and we were told it wouldnt be fixed for another week!We were not even reimbursed in any way! One other thing is that make sure you have your credit card which whom youve made payment with because they like to physically site it! I did not know this and was told they would reject the payment(which had already been processed) to only ask for another payment upfront! Luckily i had my overseas card!

Only thing that was nice was its location, but im sure there were plenty of other hotels that would please you around that area!

• Executive Apartment

0 CLEANNES 0 COSTUMER CARE 0 MANAGMENT - THE HOTEL ABSOLUTELY NOT AS DESCRIBED - The rooms disgusting and the pillows and sheets are never changed before and after stay.. - Dirty bathrooms - very small elevators - A/C partly working - you need to go the reception to turn it on every day..

NOTHING - DO NOT RECOMMEND! KEEP AWAY

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room

I stayed at the hotel for one night, everything was except that there was no warm water in the bathroom! A lot of guests were complaining about the air conditioning and the cleanliness of the room and bathroom! they actually wanted to leave the hotel. The hotel is really small. Breakfast is terrible I hated it!

I liked the room, for our luck they gave us a large room with one double bed and one single bed. I liked that it is close to the Taksim street, but I didn't like Taksim square! And I don't know why people go there, it's expensive and I didn't feel safe, if I am ever going back to Istanbul I will never visit Taksim square, only and only if to eat at the " Seeka's restaurant, Alquds Alshareef" Be careful from being robbed! Am never going back to this hotel.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

I don't like the room as it was not like pictures The breakfast was rubish . Alone of Arabic people eating all the breakfast that was there and no staff. Not even coffee machine workes. The room was near street and not sleeping at night. The bed was like wood

• Corner Suite

Dear Folks,  Hope you spend nice days,  I believe that was the worst experience i ever had with your valued servise. You can consider this reply as a request and feedback for our exposure during the stay in subject hotel. AC not working and tripping, bags damages while storing, not well treating.. etc. Nevermind, we got an emergency situation which make us return back to our countary early by one day and we approach the hotel representative and they did not accept our request to shorten our stay by one day only !!!!  It is regretly un expected reply which said " if booking.com accept,  we will not"  I am  here sending this email to claim one day payment as we will leave tommorrow 05.08.2017 morning to Oman.  Searching for your valued support and corporatation.  Note: below is all refrences requied. Regards,  Abdulaziz Al Ghafri

• Interconnecting Family Rooms

staff is v bad and room they show in pic is ok but when we check inn they said room ac is not working so u have to change room and give us v bad room

• Superior Triple Room

They gave us the wrong room, and did not change it. Very old hotel (different from the pictures in booking) Bad smell since you enter Very very poor breakfest Terrible bathroom Etc.

Only good thing was that they could provide us a parking at nearby hotel and e reception guy called Hydaiet trye'd to help us.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Housekeeping came daily, but they did a quick cleaning. I had to take-off pillow cases to ensure they were changed.

You get good value for money, especially on special-offer rooms. The staff is helpful, when they get what you are asking them in English :) The breakfast hall location is nice, it has a nice view. The hotel has an excellent location near Taksim Square.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff integrity. Breakfast. Room facilities.

In our first night their, items from our room have been stolen. We reported it to the reception and then we come back to the hotel, and we find the items back. We did not feel safe after this indecent, and we were afraid to leave anything in our room. The breakfast was extremely poor. The bath room door was tricky, we got locked inside and made some phone calls to get us out.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

the receptionist refused to fix the air conditioner .. the room temperature was horribly bad.. and there is no duct in the bathroom .. the bathroom smell very bad

just the location of the hotel is good

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Corner Suite

The room was hot ... The air conditioner not working There isn't​ safety room to keep our handsbags after checking out .. The staff was bad bad bad bad

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very bad service, they don't have any security and they did not accept owr baggies. They don't clean the room probably. Unhelpful staff. They don't have 24/7 laundry also they don't have any iron!

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Superior Triple Room

Very bad service and attitude. It was the 4th or 5th time we book in this hotel and they were good until the last time! We booked 2 superior rooms, first they said we only have one room booked and when we showed them the booking confirmation they gave us one superior and one standard without reimbursing the difference in price. The breakfast is really bad, there is no variety and if you go there at 9am all kinds of hot food is cold! All dishes and cups are not washed well and they really have a bad smell. They didn’t change the towels everyday although we asked them to. We saw the housekeeping lady smoking in the guest’s room while cleaning it. And finally when we checked out, we kept our luggage in the hotel as we always do, and when we asked them to place a tag on the bags, they answered rudely that the hotel is no more responsible for the bags! I would never visit this hotel again, and I don’t recommend it at all!!

only location

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff were not cooperative and didn't find a safe place to keep our luggage in and said they were not responsible for stolen bags . No iron available or laundry service

Room size . Cleanliness. Location

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Interconnecting Family Rooms

i didn't find positive thing except location, staff was rude, breakfast was like 1 star hotels but restaurant view was good, even elevator was not working right, in check out time we payed money for keep our suitcase in the hotel for 4 hours so i'm not suggest this hotel even to my adversary. they didn't give me which room i reserved and they told me that type room is not available.

location is great

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Interconnecting Family Rooms

The room wasn't clean at all , the room service through the rooms trash in to the toilelet seat which almost onstructed it , breakfast was a joke , extremely small rooms !!, the bed are not of the standard size ( smaller than normal), they prevented my father from going to the pool without a swimming headcap ( although my father is completely bald !!) , after checking out the reception refused to keep our luggage with them for 4-5 hours ( since we had some time till our flight ) instead they made us rent a room just to keep the luggage in !!!!! I've been to 20 different countries, twice to turkey , stayed in hostels and hotels, Yet i never found a hotel without an english speaking receptionist ..... oh and lastly , i spent 2 nights needing a blanket and everytime i go down to tell them ( face to face as they dont speak english ) they kept giving me lame excuses as room service closes after 8pm !!

maybe the view from the top of the hotel on the bosphorus ( which wasn't my room ) so ,acctually nothing

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Miss Aliyla was wonderful and she help me and was active and smiling always and she offered all service what she can do...... great woman I will repeat my trip because of she Nawaf alajmy

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel Staff behavior was arrogant. Breakfast was same everyday and the service was poor Bed had some annoying lamps and Hotel access card needs to charge every day. Room was small. Swimming pool was not functional. I dragged my luggage myself as they were always short on staff. Despite being offered by Booking.com for early checkin facility, they didn't provided me the room key before 13:00. We had top wait at the lobby for an hour. I asked a helper to provide me to drag luggage from another street, but they refused it. In the end I dragged myself the luggage and then the room service person came in asking for the tip. In the end, please close the Hotel for the sake of Humanity.

On time Room Service

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Staff doesn't speak English , very poor customer service I was hungry at night and they said room service close at 9 pm ! Wanted to give my jackets to Lundry and they said it's closed already at 4 pm ! Which kind of hotels and services is that will never stay there again and will never recommend it to anyone

Only the location of the hotel is good

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Dirty swimming pool expensive mini bar . Added cost on breakfast for omelette 4 star rated hotel with 1 star service in some areas

Friendly staff great location

• Corner Suite

Staff is very bad No elevator to rooms No wifi No view Dirty hotel No parkiI'll never visit istanbul again Turkish don't treat visitors well. Alot of thieves.bad treatment at istanbul airport staff.. نصيحه للكل بعدم زيارة تركيا واسطنبول بلتحديد لسوء التعامل مع السائح العربي..وللسرقه..وايضا بلمطار خدمات سيئه فوق التصور من ناحية التعامل..

I Like nothing

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The receptionist asked for the card from which we paid at the time of booking and then made a copy of it. This is extremely weird practice and should be eliminated.

Value for the pirce is just amazing. You can a decent hotel, right next to Taxim and decent breakfast for a very good price. Stuff is helpful, assisted to print our tickets

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

They dont provide anything . Even no activiteis is available . There is no Gym . Sauna u have to pay and for swimming pool u have to pay. Its not included in hotel rent . So bad facility.. they dont have even helpers who will take ur luggage. Bad hotel i ever had seen

Cleaness

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I reserved in high price while my friends reserved with half price just day before The breakfast was just ok but not nice The people in the restaurant was doing nothing

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

They are offering sauna and pool, but sauna is for extra charge of 70 lira/p.p. I've booked this hotel cause of wellness facilities. A bit disappointing. Staff could smile & be more kind :/

Very good breakfast with an amazing view!

Browse Grand Star Hotel Bosphorus traveller photo gallery