Reviews of Grand Washington Hotel 4 stars

Gencturk Cad. Agayokusu Sok. No:7 Laleli, Fatih, 34692 Istanbul, Turkey

#776 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

FAKE 4 star hotel
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

This is a FAKE 4 star hotel, the rooms ar extremely tight, the breakfast is poor, the restaurant is dirty similar with the pool area, everybody from the hotel staff realize this and their only concern is to take your money as soon as possible before you to realize this, I made a reservation with payment at the hotel and after the first step on the hotel they jump on me to make the payment in advance even before to see the room. I ask for a parking place in advance and I received a payed Park place on the street 400 meters from the hotel in back street. This is not a 4 star behavior, the tourist is just a milking cow

Dirty and horrible, staff rude. room filthy. Not worth a penny nor the ratings given.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Been to Istanbul several times before and stayed at many great hotel but this one has to be the worst of all. It's not worth the rating. Paid the extra cash as I assumed that the service, hospitality and cleanliness of the hotel would be worth it. However this was far from the case. Having arrived to our rooms we immediately noticed the uncleanliness of it and how tiny it was compared to the pictures. The dirty patches on the bed-sheets and towels. The big stains on the walls of the room. The dirtiness of the cupboards and the bed stand. It was full of small hair, big stains and dirt altogether. The toilet was messy and unclean. The staff were so rude and unfriendly. Altogether it was a very disgusting, uncomfortable and stressful stay for us. It was in no way worth the recommendation on bookings.com nor the money spent per night. Tried to cancel my booking as I was shocked from what I had just seen. However the staff were so rude and unaccommodating at all. I waited on the manager and to my shock, the manager was by far the most disrespectful manager I have come across in any hotel, never mind a 4* star hotel. His name is Nurettin. As I approached him, he started yelling. I asked if he could lower his voice. He ignored us and left us standing for 3 hour without assisting in any way. He was so disrespectful and rude. While I was standing I witnessed 2 other guest agitated and annoyed from the service. I asked the manger for an email so I could complain to the higher management, he refused and again ignored us completely. I would not recommend anyone to book in this hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Very small rooms and shower

Old hotel, hot and dark between all room’s floors to save energy, they refuced to provide iron, they refuced to provide tissue or kleanix paper in rooms, Bath room class door fell down broken while taking shwowe, very old class door, shwoer zise for childre Does not fit adult. Hot loppy, worest hotel stayed in. Pictures looks 4 stars, in reality 2 stars. Split AC filter was not cleaned for 3 months, at night fron desk refuced to clean. I had to climed and clean AC filter. I ahve pictures prove for everything I mensioned. Free breakfast, they charge you for orange Juice, and mor ...

Noth i like about this hotel I do not recommend to any body. Everbody i spoke to was missled by photo in Booking.

Not recommended. Don’t be fooled by photos. Rooms are congested & bathrooms are more than congested

Its not four star hotel. Do not expect four star facilities here. Rooms are congested. They use mirrors over walls to make it feel it’s spacious. Don’t trust their room photos in websites. Bathrooms are even more congested. If you have kids and you want to get inside with them, trust me, its like puzzle you never gonna make it. It’s ridiculous No brushes and paste in toiletries Blankets and extra bedsheets were not provided Fridge wasn’t working. We complained. They told technical team will come. Nothing happened. AC wasn’t working properly. We complained. Nothing happened There are two lift for us. Its Congested. May be 1.2x1.2 m in size? Maximum 4 adult can travel. (And if you want to enter with baby stroller, then its very difficult for families to enter togather). And you have to wait wait wait during morning and rush hours. No sound proof. You can hear noise even after you close the room door. AC filters didn’t clean. I cleaned it. Breakfast is not continental. No varieties No iron facility. We were six families. Its my review only. Trust me, all families are not satisfied with the stay in this hotel

Staff. Especially those ladies staff at breakfast area

Don't trust the pictures!
    • Standard Triple Room

Rooms are tiny, triple room and no space for the suitcases at all... You need to step in the shower to close the bathroom door and get to the toilet. Outside pool is the size an oversize whirlpool! Only one room key, for the 3 of us and no way to get another one. Staff is friendly but spoke no Spanish and very little English. Air conditioning was not working properly, although we complaint and they said it was fixed, it wasn´t (and it was really hot!); fridge didn’t cool and inside light was always on, also complaint about it and wasn't fixed. And the worse part, very poor sound isolation between rooms, our next door neighbors were really noisy, they even waked us up at 2AM, we complaint to the front desk and they did nothing.

Clean, not great but very good location, 2 blocks to metro station 4 to tram; many cafes and restaurants, and the best prices in leather goods just around the corner over Fethi Bey Cd. (up to 50% less than Grand Bazahr).

Personnel was very kind.
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

Room for 4 people was small for the price anh the air conditioning was located in front of 2 beds so we had to switch it off during the night. Regular breakfast.

Personnel was very kind. View from the restaurant was fantastic. Good that there was a swimming pool (quite slippery outside though).

Location is not the best one in Istanbul
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Many errors during my check in time they ask me to pay cash without invoice and they hold the passport for the next day etc.. But better staff on the next day during my check out. Some noise early morning from the street (room on the street side). I prefer other area in Istanbul where you have restaurants cafes etc.

Room is clean

Terrible! Pick an alternative in Istanbul.

Bad experience from start to finish. Do not book this hotel. We were deciding between this hotel and another and wish we had now gone with the other instead. Our transfer arrived an hour late despite me emailing our flight details a week before and reconfirming the night before. I had to make two phone calls (international roaming) to the hotel to find out what was happening. When it finally arrived the driver asked us where we were going! We finally made it to the hotel and when we expressed our disatisfaction about the transfer experience - we we’re told we could cancel our reservation if we were unhappy. The booking of two rooms for three nights had been prepaid. The reception staff told us it was ‘no problem’ for a transfer to be half an hour or an hour late. The customer service manager apologized for the way we were treated and agreed that the hotel needed to take up the transfer issue with the transfer company. She said we would only need to pay a one way transfer. On our last night we went to reception to confirm our transfer to the airport, we were told we had to pay for the full two way transfer otherwise our transfer would be cancelled. The man at reception started yelling at me when I tried to explain what the customer service manager had said. I asked to speak to a manager and he said on would not be available until the next morning. He told us to go to the police station if we were unhappy and he would cancel our transfer. We had an early morning flight and we had to make alternative arrangements around midnight. It was an awful experience and we felt the hotel should train its staff better on how to meet customer expectations or deal with negative feedback. On both occasions when we received negative service it was from men and I can’t help but think I was treated the way I was treated because I am a female. All up from start to finish, the experience was ruined by negative customer service which left us with a bad taste for Istanbul and Turkey.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Nice location, very good front desk ( especially Nourettin,...
    • Standard Triple Room

Room size was very far of what is described on Booking.com, i booked 25 m room, while the one I got not more than 17 m So please be careful

Nice location, very good front desk ( especially Nourettin, and the Algerian lady), good facilities, very good breakfast with very nice virw of the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Vacation
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

1- Noisy alittle bit 2- House keeping is knocking your room to clean at 8 or 9 am !!! 3- I have asked for king size bed they gave me twin bed 4- safety box was not working & i asked them to fix it & nothing happened

Room is clean & big

Not Worth the Money
    • Standard Triple Room

They did not have blankets and with children it was so difficult and the Air condition was leaking, Fridge was not working, breakfast was not good, will not recommend for family to visit.

The location of the Hotel was good

The only thing I can think of is the location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

First of all let's be clear that according to international standards (and Turkish stardards) this in NOT a 4 star hotel. May be between 2 and 3 stars. Also the rooms and the hotel in general is very small (like other hotels in the area). Towels need replacement ASAP, they are in horrible condition, specially the big ones. And 25 Euros for the airport transfer is a ripp off.

The only thing I can think of is the location

6.0
    I can not think it is a four star hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The twin beds are small and the feet are caught. There is no double bed twin room. The room is small. Always there is a car horn while being an alley. It is noisy and I can not open the window. The air conditioner was a second-rate product, Controller did not work well.

Scenic restaurant Good restaurant Breakfast is luxurious 景色良いレストラン  朝食が豪華

Staff was friendly, great area to walk around, easy to get...
    • Standard Triple Room

The beds were really hard and uncomfortable. The food wasn't continental enough.

Staff was friendly, great area to walk around, easy to get taxis, AMAZING spa staff, really great sauna and massage

Good hotel but shame about the spa staff

The ladies down in the spa/ gym... not good people. Was shocked when they shouted at me and my little brother who was 8. I don't they were aware they work there and also shouted at me early in the morning for not having a card.

Besides the terrible ladies at the spa... I really like the staff at the reception were very helpful and the cleanliness of the hotel. Very good guys.

Too expensive for the low quality it has! Pictures don´t reflect the reality!.
    • Standard Triple Room

The photos do not reflect the reality. The hotel is not as good as it is shown in the pictures. The rooms are small and the breakfast offered has a lot of food but of terrible quality. Definitely I will not recommend this place!!

Wonderful stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms were very small.

The staff were wonderful especially Hadijla. They helped organize spur of the moment tours, taxi transfers, print boarding passes. They went out of their way to be as welcoming as possible. Location was perfect for us too. The score I would have given is 9/10.

Recommended
    • Standard Triple Room

Room service needs to be improved

Breakdaer Food was very good and location in fantastic. Staff are so friendly and helpful My kids enjoyed the pool

Excellent service
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great hotel- very friendly and helpful staff. Hotel is very clean and in good location. Beautiful roof terrace. The hotel organised transfers to and from airport. Excellent value for money.

unfriendly restaurant staff

Great location. Near to Metro and Tram station. Room was small but cosy and clean. Helpful and friendly receptionist. Breakfast spread was great.

It was a good and nice hotel, but we expected a bit more after reading the references...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had to ask 3 times to get a second bathrobe, as in our room was only one.. when we finally got the second one, it came without the belt. But we were really tired to ask again for the belt.. After one day we had a really disgusting smell in our room coming from the shower drain or something... The bed sheets weren't really clean... so we asked to change them.. The breakfast could have been better. We stayed 6 days and there was no big variety, the bread wasn't fresh baked and a bit dry.

When we arrived they gave us the chance to choose between 2 different rooms. That was very kind and nice. One in the 2nd floor with a balcony and double bed and the other in the 6th floor with sea view and twin bed. We decided to choose the small, but nice room with sea view and view to the suleyman mosque. We just putted the beds togehter.

Everything;
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Just Dinner. It should have more various offer.

Everything; Amazing stuff, they were so nice and complaisant - we thank them again. Location is also perfect, would pick this hotel again for my next stay for sure because it is on juncture of three lines so you can get to all the parts od Istanbul. Breakfast was also really good and the room was very clean. We really enjoyed it.

The outdoor pool on the roof was great, with a wonderful...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms were a bit small.

The outdoor pool on the roof was great, with a wonderful view of the city. Also the indoor pool and SPA facilities were very nice. Very nice restaurant as well with a good breakfast buffet.

Good hotel with very strategic location for either business or leisure.
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

Nothing major that requires mentioning.

The room was spacious for us considering we were 5 (a couple and 3 kids) and the staff were helpful and very accommodating.

Good position and good pirce
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room and bathroom quite small. Slow WIFI, Noisy Air-Conditioning.

Perfect position very close to Metro and tramline that connect with almost everywhere in Istanbul. Nice view from breakfast terrace and sundeck with a small pool. Nice staff. There is also a SPA with hammam at lower level.

Poor cleanliness in rooms , bad employee attitude,

An employee at the reception had confiscated my 3 passports as he did not accept the payment in local currency, despite of what was shown on my Booking reservation and was absolutely non cooperative. All staff in general except Customer Manager and Breakfast responsible are not smiling, not polite, not helping. Guests look like strangers. The two ladies in the facilities are aggressive and impolite, playing all the time with their mobile phone, and leaving the toilets and locker rooms extremely dirty. She refused to me, while there was no more customer at 09pm and she was as usual playing with her mobile phone and the other one exercising in the gym ( !!!! ) , an extra towel, rushing to me and pointing her finger on my head ; I had to use the same towel for sauna ( which was not operative for the first 3 days ) steam room, swimming pool, and then I had to take my shower with a wet towel. She also initially denied the 4th day the entrance to my wife and daughter as they did not show the room card, kept at the reception. ( unless this woman is terminated, I will not go back and advise all my friends not to go to this hotel) The room is quite small, but the bathroom is less than 3 square meters. Many items were not kept in good condition or even broken. The cleaners never gave us daily soap/free water/tooth paste/toilet paper ( despite I left the empty roll in the sink, they left me 3 days without paper). The breakfast is ok except the fact that there are only 3 hot meals, always the same. Ridiculous outdoor swimming pool by the size. STAFF are in general not helping, not smiling, not helping, not welcoming guests, and impolite/aggressive/useless for the facilities at level -1.

The location of the hotel with shops and restaurants as well as the spot tourist points. The kindness and the professionalism of ONLY 2 employees ; Hadjila Customer Manager and Saadat managing the morning breakfast

Very nice hotel, small comfortable rooms.
    • Standard Triple Room

Very nice hotel, small comfortable rooms. Very friendly and helpful staff. We were a bit disappointed with the location but this is due to us not researching enough before the trip. It's not a very touristic area, more a textile shopping district, close to grand bazaar. Not much to do with the kids around. for us it was just one last night before flying back home so it was ok. The hotel has a very nice small pool in the basement, water is not heated so a bit cold. Jacuzzi didn't work during our stay unfortunately.

Perfect accommodation
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything is just perfect! Pools, breakfast, free fruit and water bottles in the room, location, cleanliness, helpful staff... Best value for that money!

The staff were lovely and very accommodating And the seating...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooftop pool was closed and it wasn't possible to use this area to sunbathe on the roof. The buffet was very poor and often cold even when it was first brought out with only two hot meal options and then one rice and one veg which were bland. The downstairs pool was not heated and the hot tub was empty each time I went to use it although this area was beautiful if the hot tub had been in use it would have been very relaxing. The rooms were also very small but had everything you need.

The staff were lovely and very accommodating And the seating area outdoors at the restaurant was beautiful with lovely views. It was convenient to the tram.

Staff : very friendly.

Sound of flush toilet from next door room.

Staff : very friendly. Transportation : 5-10 minutes walk to Laleli Tram station or Vezneciler Metro station with steep and slope platform. If you come with family or older, I bet they will be tired of walking. Room : Small but valued if compare with the price. Cleanliness : bed, toilet, towel are all clean. Sound pollution: I can hear flush toilet sound of next room so clearly. Toilet : Flush toilet shape is not comfortable to sit.

Bad relation quality price
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Well, pictures very nice, but reallity very bad. The pool was not working. First think they ask you when we arrive at 11:30 at nigth is to pay. Then they gave us a room supper noisi of street noise and ac and tv from other room noise. Not noiseprove at all. In pictures you see the best room but then u get wathever but smaller

Location is like rabal in barcelona.

Good hotel, good rooms, good facilities, specially staff...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good hotel, good rooms, good facilities, specially staff member Saadita Mustafa at the restaurant was very welcoming. Reception staff also very helpful and friendly.

wonderful
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

What I didn’t like is that they keep your passport. Just ask them to take a copy of it and give it back to you if possible because you will need it. In case of money transfer.

I liked my staying in this hotel all staff are nice and professional and ready to help. Hjila is an Arabic speaker she is very nice and helpful, also Erol, mohamet were nice and helpful. Deniz at the hotel restaurant was very nice and professional Güktürk was very helpful and nice. I liked my staying in this hotel. I recommend it

Worse than I expected ...

EN: We did not receive the requested rooms in the reservation (double bed, sea view - as specified in the facilities). Cleaning staff exceeded their attributions by going through our personal belongings and throwing out shoe boxes and related invoices. The parking is located 10 minutes walk away from the hotel, in a non-illuminated spot - a courtyard behind another hotel (00:00 - local time, when we arrived, the parking was not guarded, despite the 15 euro/day already paid); there is no transport to and from the parking spot. Reception staff have poor English skills. It has been more than difficult for us to be understood by the staff, especially because we have had some very serious problems, such as going through our luggage by the cleaning staff. At the "clarification" of the problems, when the hotel manager finally took part, he did not get involved at all, did not care about the comfort of his clients, not finding a solution at all. There was no receipt provided for parking, and we barely received something that resembles a fake receipt after long talks with them about this issue. A.C. did not work until after 4 requests to resolve the problem - at some point we were advised to remove the A.C. mask and turn it on in a totally unconventional manner -as the remote they provided did not work. The rooms and the bathrooms are very small, not soundproofed, the facilities (like slippers, toiletries) were brought at the last day of our stay. We had breakfast included - the buffet selection was not very diversified, but apart from the scrambled eggs (which were awful), everything was okay. All about the spa and wellness is very small (in the steam room there was a mold smell). Indoor pool - small with cold water, the jacuzzi was not in function. Accessibility - elevators were moving very hard. RO: Nu am primit camerele solicitate în rezervare (pat matrimonial, vedere la mare - aşa cum era specificat în descriere).

EN: The hotel is relatively close to the city center (Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, shopping areas and restaurants) - 15 minutes walk. The restaurant terrace has a superb view over the city. RO: Hotelul este relativ aproape de centrul orașului (Moscheea Albastră, Hagia Sophia, zone comerciale și restaurante cu specific) - 15 minute de mers pe jos. Terasa restaurantului are o vedere superbă asupra orașului.

i will come back with the names but staffs were EXCELLENT !
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

not booking a taxi with people i did not want or even been asked to share taxi with. Al tough I did not mind but find it a rip off to have paid $20 for my transfer with people who also paid the same amount of $20....

When I arrived early in the morning , staffs were very helpful could not ever asked for more

OK for my 1 night stay. Nothing special
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was small and the shower was absolutely tiny. There were no English channels on the TV.

The Hotel was clean and the staff was very polite and helpful. Location was ok.

Staff are very helpful and friendly especially Mahmout ,...
    • Standard Triple Room

Very small room-limited services- very very small bathroom. No soundbroof.

Staff are very helpful and friendly especially Mahmout , Haqan and Hajenah.

Not bad for the price, but could be much better for a four star hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The walls are paper thin, you could hear everything that was happening in the room next door (including the toilet flushing). The cleaning staff on the floor were also very loud and prevented us from resting in the afternoon. The room was freezing and reception had to send someone twice to fix the AC (never actually started working) and heater (warmed up after 20 minutes). In the restaurant upstairs there are tables inside and outside. But because it was rainy and chilly outside, everyone had to share tables inside, with 2-3 families trying to fit into one table.

The staff was very nice. I guess they didn't finish cleaning / preparing our room before we got there and so only on the next day we received bathrobes, bars of soap and other bathroom essentials. Because of that we got a free fruit basket as well.

Good location near yo the public transportations( metro and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good location near yo the public transportations( metro and tram), very clean room, very good breakfast, very helpful and friendly staffs especially Mr. Nurattin was very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was fine but could better choice.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Better pillow. Better choice of breakfast.

Breakfast was fine but could better choice. Nice spa and indoor pool. Clean room and bathroom. The bathroom is nice and has enough space. Mr. Nuretdin from reception was very polite and cooperative. Every of the hotel staff was very polite and cooperative.

Perfect service perfect location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I wished there was more sweet food for breakfast

The S.P.A is a perfect place to relax after a good walk through the city centre. The location is very good to walk around without using the offies

Great value for money
    • Standard Triple Room

Noisy neighbours next door. Poor sound proof walls but very good sound proof windows.

Friendly and efficient staff (thank you Nurettin!), sauna, hamam perfect after all day sightseeing, located close to metro and old Istanbul. We had a room with a view: ships waiting to enter Bosphorus and even Princess Islands! Fantastic breakfast.

Wonderful property.
    • Standard Triple Room

Wonderful property. Excellent staff. Special thanks to the staff at the reception. Mahmut And Nurettin - you are the best! Deniz from the restaurant was very attentive to us.

•It was near to everything.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

•There was a small variety at the breakfast and the dinner. •The food wasn't tasty •There was no view. •The rooms weren't soundproof.

•It was near to everything. •The bed was very comfortable. •Everyday they were cleaning our room.

Nice Hamman
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

First room had giant black mold on the roof, over a meter big. I went down to lobby and showed them a picture, they changed my room, but I noticed they put someone else in there. Very unhealthy.

Great hammam, sauna, steam room; I also used it after I checked out, very nice. Pool was too cold to use. Great rooftop breakfast room and view, good enough breakfast. Alright location for walking to Grand Bazaar and beyond.

woow experience
    • Connecting Family Rooms

omelets are charged at breakfast.

nice location , freindly staff , cleaniness , complementry fruit baskets were served for each room (stayed in connecting rooms) , good breakfast.

Overall, a very pleasant stay and great value for money for a family of five.
    • Connecting Family Rooms

The beds were a little hard for some of the smaller members of the family.

Staff were very helpful, particularly Nurettin Mahmit on the front desk. Rooms were very clean and the view from the restaurant over the city was mesmerizing.

It's is not a 4* hotel; it can be at most 2*
    • Standard Triple Room

The room was small for 3 bed as was reserved. The bathroom was very small and dirty. The shower has 70cm X 70 cm dimensions so my husband does'nt have enough space for shower. The carpet and the blanket over the sheets was dirty and with stains. We could not use the parking, even at 15 EUR/ day, because the parking guy was not there and we had no place for the car were to wait for him to show up and show us where the park is (we used the parking of another hotel located near by).

the only good thing was location of the hotel

Nice stop-over in Istanbul
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I requested one large bed but received twin. It is not a problem for single traveler, but I would prefer to sleep in large bed :)

Friendly stuff (agreed to stay few hours more; very quickly fixed door lock - changed batteries). Convenient location, very close to Vezneciler station on green line; not far from Aksaray station on red line and T1 tram station. There are many shops near-about - I made a good deal of shopping. Good breakfast and good place for breakfast - with nice view to Marmara sea. Among other food, soups are available. Tea cattle, tea-bag and water are available in the room. Verdict - comfortable hotel. Can recommend it.

Istanbul is Love!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was disappointing. Hope they can improve. Limited on free items.

Good Location, as i always stay around this area makes it convenient for me to use public transportation. Breakfast was Oka but the view was fabulous. Rooms was nice and spacious. The front Desk Staff and Hotel Staff Amazing very helpful.

Ten days were very special at this hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The negative point in the hotel is the constant repetition of breakfast with the same dishes. If there was not the smile of the hosts, it would have been more negative. However the hotel will be my next destination.

The hotel is good in terms of location and is easily accessible with proximity to the metro station. The hotel workers are very careful about its cleanliness and beauty. And the smile does not leave all workers are very positive. I also thank Mr. Erol, who was on the day of my arrival, although I was so tired that I could not communicate with him. Despite that, he was very welcoming and with a big smile.   The hotel is very quiet for the comfort of a hard day with the presence of Turkish bath and sauna. the hotel will be my next destination.

Overall it was great and I'm really happy that I chose this hotel for my stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Although breakfast have a wide variety of items but the room service menu is very limited and need to be adjusted.

It was easy to reach the hotel through the metro, the people at the front office were fast and friendly, also they were very helpful in assisting me through the whole stay ( I would like to mention in particular Nurettin and Mahmut for all their help). The room was nice and clean, I took the bed and breakfast offer and the buffet was rich and tasty (thanks Saadet for your cheerful service) the place is quite and at the same time in the center of many attractions.

I will review this hotel as very good value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was in a very good location as I am a woman and travel on my own quite often for a business I found it a very safe hotel and very friendly

I had a lovely experience in this hotel it was a very good occasion lovely and clean staff was excellent I will return again and stay in this hotel as I have tried other hotels in the area but this one has friendless around it

Overall a positive experience, would def stay again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Soundproofing could use imporvement, could hear neighbours loudly talking next door very well. You have to pay for tea and coffee at dinner which is just plain strange, but you can just go and make it for free in your room.

Great value for money, good service. Close to all major tourist attracions, with good transport links and good views from both rooms and the restaurant upstairs. Good facilities, a spa and a swimming pool are great to have after a day sightseeing.

Hotel is in perfect location I stayed in this hotel second...

WiFi

Hotel is in perfect location I stayed in this hotel second time and can say that definitely stay in it on my next trip hotel is clean and quite reception staff very friendly

Amazing stay
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

WiFi signal was very weak, just working in the lobby.

Best thing about this hotel is his location, it’s just 10 min walk to all the top attractions in Istanbul, staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great including many type of cheese.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything is good the stuff and everything and the stuff Mahmoud and Narethy are excellent and I'll come again sure

Rooms bathroom restaurant all are very good and clean i love it so much ... I'm excited with this hotel and sure I'll come again

My stay in GWH
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room and bathroom are relatively small.

The location, the staff - Nour Eldeen in reception is very helpful, all The staff are welcoming, The SPA and health club, The have good massage, breaskfast is good also.

Stay was great, great location. But for us big guys , rooms too small.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Tiny rooms , tiny shower and tiny lifts as well.

The staff was great . Especially front staff at check in. Great location. But for us guys , we were big , the rooms are tiny. Shower even tinier. Breakfast was good

i dont recommend this hotel to others.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

i booked one balcony room one month ago. but they gave us standard room without balcony! and when i declare my dissatisfaction, they tell: this problem is booking problem and it is not hotel's problem! front desk behavior about this problem was Terrible. i send this problem to booking customer service at first night, but unfortunately i didn't give any answer yet now?

just location.

Nıce vaccatıon

The breakfast was very poor for a 4 stars hotel

The turkısh hamam was great. And the gıft of fruıts and the nescafee and tea every day was a good poınt for them

it was an average hotel for one night stopover.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was not anything I disliked.

it was an average hotel for one night stopover. We arrived around 9.30 a.m. and they gave us our room as soon as it had been cleaned at around 10.00 a.m. without any discussion. The reception staff were very good. The rest was average.

Very good location....average service
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

When we stayed the first night at the small room the next day they gave us another bigger room after a couple days we figured out that my partner forgot her slippers in the first room and when we told the reception they said they know nothing about it and room service didn't find anything! The hotel staff have problems with smiling to the guests! During our 12 days stay no one smiled at us or even greeted us except the guy who used to work at the pool he was very nice!

When I first arrived with my partner they gave us a very small room but the next day they cheanged it to a bigger, better room with a nice view, the room was very clean and comfy and then best part was the SHOWER! The outdoor pool wasn't bad and the breakfast was good!

Breakfast was Good , very Nice & friendly staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was Good , very Nice & friendly staff. The reception guys nuridin & mahmud very helpful & al the time smiled. The manager of Mahmoud restaurant very nice man , came every morning to say good morning. Denis one of the restaurant staff she was nice as swell. & asha the housekeeper 👌🏻 Nice person.

We had a delightful stay at this well-located hotel. The roof top plunge pool was vey restorative.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

My gluten free request went unacknowledged. There was plenty to choose from but I did not recognise the occasional offer of omelette as a fulfilment of this request until the end. I did not realise that I could have had omelette more often. Being vegetarian and gluten free cut out a lot of carbs. The coffee was not very good considering how good Turkish coffee can be.

The range of choice of food was incredible and it was extraordinarily fresh. The staff were very attentive to replenishing and clearing dirties. They were also sweetly attentive to individual needs.

Bad experience
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was shuttle bus sign showing on booking website, but property charged me 150 TL for picking me up from Sabiha airport to the property and i have checked the Taxi and uper price they were 100 TL. Also rooms are very small where u cant find space for ur luggage Rooms are very smelly ( stinky bathroom smell in the room)

The roof terrace was amazing.
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

We had a room with a view of a wall that had an AC fan unit covered with bird dropping. Staff not welcoming, food was poor, selection was not much, choice of two main dish only.

The roof terrace was amazing.

Good Breakfast.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No one mentioned that the cleaning of the room is extra and that is not included on the total price.

Good Breakfast. Nice location. Nice facilities. Friendly stuff.

I wouldn't recommend it
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The receptionist are not professional, they always make you feel they wait for a chance to exploit you. And very little English!

Convenient for public transportation

Nice experience
    • Standard Triple Room

- Friendly staff - especially Mahmut and Nureddin at the reception; - Complimentary upgrade to a family room; - Team quickly helped me solve issues over the type of room booked, offered me a suitable room; - Breakfast was brilliant, at roof top with nice view; - Room was cleaned everyday;

The rooms were clean, hotel facilities also really nice.
    • Connecting Family Rooms

No air-conditioning in reception. Food variety for the evening was not good at all. Kids hated what was put out. Only had one decent evening meal which was the first night which was of chicken steaks.

The rooms were clean, hotel facilities also really nice. Free tea /coffee in rooms and small bottles of water. We were also given complimentary fruit for the rooms on one day. Made us free omelettes for breakfast too on two occasions as they would normally charge. We were also given chips for the children on one evening which was nice.

Will stay here again..!
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

We booked a family room, but had to make do with two twin rooms for first two nights. Staff were very apologetic about it, but made thing difficult re bags etc

Staff were great, breakfast buffet was as expected, great indoor pool (small pool on roof, but closed at 6pm), Great location as close enough to the blue mosque/Basilica Cisterns/Hagia sophia mosque (20 min walk), but a tram station is 5 mins away - trams take you straight to blue mosque (3 stops) or grand bazarr 1 stop. Big bus (open top hop on - hop off) tour bus starts at Blue mosque.

It was ok stay but not the best.
    • Standard Triple Room

Service was slow, it was July a busy month for the hotel, the Internet conection was slow at the hotel, the location is close to Grand Bazar and shopping but if you want to see old buildings you have to take a taxi.

Breakfast was ok from 7-10 am

Great location - poor staff. Good place to stay if you're not planning to use hotel facilities.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were rude. They insisted to take all passports and keep them in reception in an unlocked drawer. The hotel pictures really make the hotel look better than it is.

Breakfast was very good. The rooms were always cleaned very well- new towels and sheets every day. Location is very convenient for public transport or walking to the hotspots.

Brilliant experience and very good location and services
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel facilities were really good. We check many other hotels but the rooms in this hotel were bigger then any other in the area. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The view from the room was amazing and the breakfast was well cooked and all fresh. Very nice rooms with Tv and very good mattress. The internet speed was actually very good. Working like a flash and did not have any problems through out my trip. The hotel was close to the metro, bus station and tram so transportation was not at all a problem.

Browse Grand Washington Hotel traveller photo gallery