View vacation packages to

2. Turkey hotel reviews
  3. Marmara Region hotel reviews
  4. Istanbul hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Great Fortune Hotel & Spa

Reviews of Great Fortune Hotel & Spa This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Babi Ali Caddesi Basmuhasip Sokak No:11/13 Sultanahmet, Fatih, 34110 Istanbul, Turkey

#715 of 1,520 hotels in Istanbul

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: June 24, 2019

Bedroom didn't feel like a 4 star, but at the right price location is great for sightseeing
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

Room largely very clean, but not spotless (someone else food left in mini bar / coffee stirrers used). Standard room was fairly basic and a bit tatty on finishes in the main area (laminate flooring very chipped and door lock didn't work). Wardrobe only half height. I stayed in a superior double on a different stay and felt it was better maintained.

Staff lovely. Fantastic location. Bathroom nice. Breakfast & room OK.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2019

Proximity to Blue Mosque and shopping district in Old...
    • Connecting Family Room - Free Access to Spa

Connecting room was small ( with kids room) and wifi on top floor was tempermental.(may be it was on top floor) Breakfast was good but need improvement.

Proximity to Blue Mosque and shopping district in Old Istanbul. Very friendly staffs and helpful Manager and team. Was there for anything.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2019

Great value great location
    • Standard Triple Room - Free Access to Spa

The breakfast let’s this hotel down completely. I think they must sub contract this to someone. We stayed for 3 nights and only had breakfast 1 day. We went for breakfast at 9.30am and breakfast normally finishes at 10.30am and we were told bread had finished. There was no hot water in the machine. There isn’t a lot of variety at all. No fresh fruits or yogurt no toaster so was very disappointed. But there plenty of places near by to eat so that’s what we done. I think the owners should really look into this issue.

The location was absolutely great. 1 minute walk away from McDonald’s and 5 min walk from Burger King. The hotel is just off the main road so you avoid the noise. The staff are great as-well especially Gokhan, Sencer and Mert. Top guys. If you need any information or help they are the main guys they can’t do enough for you. Guys this is Abdul from 1st floor room next to the lift

• Reviewed: June 22, 2019

IT WAS OK. NOT BRILLIANT LOCATION WAS SPOT ON
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

The breakfast OMG IT WAS SHOCKING. If you like your breakfast do not go to this hotel. There was 1 member of staff serving us. Hardly anything to choose from no Juices nothing.. we have to ask for spoon knife etc it was CHAOS!!!! The room was ok not brilliant not like it was described in the pictures it was small.. not worth the amount of money we paid as we had to eat breakfast outside after the first 2 days off hell.

The location was spot on.. when you come out of the everything’s just there.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2019

The only things that I can note is its near to Blue mosque
    • Superior Triple Room with Balcony - Free Access to Spa

Hotel services were very poor you have to call them for everything. The breakfast menu doesn't anything for describing and the services of the restaurant was as poor as you imagine. We asked twice to use the sauna and swimming pool, which said they could not be used due to disinfection with chlorine. We reserved a triple room for 3 adults but they gave us a twin bed room with an Extra bed. However they changed our room after 1 night but they gave us another room as same as previous but a little bit bigger!

The only things that I can note is its near to Blue mosque

• Reviewed: June 11, 2019

Great location but basically somewhere to sleep.
    • Superior Triple Room with Balcony - Free Access to Spa

Hotel has no bar or restaurant (basic breakfast provided) and we were unableto get a proper double bed. Two singles pushed together.

Location is great, short stroll to the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Byzantine Cistern and Topaki Palace. Also, plenty of bars/restauranta within 100 metres.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2019

Great service, helpful staff and nice spa in the heart of the old town.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room (No Window) - Free Access to Spa

All good, maybe the quality of the breakfast could be improved. Better coffee and tea and fresh orange juice would make so much difference.

The hotel was great! Room well equipped with AC and comfy bed. Perfect location in the heart of the old city, from where we could easily access all main landmarks and attraction. Nice spa with Turkish bath and massages. We get great spa couple treatment deals, which made the experience very good value for money. 5 stars to the staff that was always helpful and recommended us the best places to visit and an unforgettable night cruise in the Bosphorus. Special thanks to Gokhan and Sencer for being always so kind!

• Reviewed: June 8, 2019

Best location and service but dirty
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

Cleaning, room size, terrace need to be renovated, tables are shaky and better breakfast please with real coffee and juice.

The stuff was very friendly and helpful. Gokhan at reception gave us good tips as to the places to see and excursions.The location is the best, but cleanliness is very poor.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2019

Excellent location close to main attractions and tramway.
    • Standard Triple Room - Free Access to Spa

The breakfast was merely a selection of some cold cuts and not managed professionally. The room was somewhat congested.

Excellent location close to main attractions and tramway. Nicely decorated lobby

• Reviewed: June 6, 2019

• Economy Double or Twin Room (No Window) - Free Access to Spa

the home service and the hole staff were perfect 👍👍 The room is wide and very comfortable The spa was an awesome experience to spend a free time ( rest after shopping) The location of the hotel was perfect, not too much close the the noisy street, but close enough to everything ( restaurants,metro station and mosques) The breakfast was good I am very satisfied, and for sure if i come back to İstanbul it will be my choice again

• Reviewed: June 2, 2019

The stuff are very friendly , especially Gokhan and sencer ,...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room (No Window) - Free Access to Spa

The stuff are very friendly , especially Gokhan and sencer , they were very supporting all over my stay , the property is very clean and very near to major historical places as well surrounded by all kind of restaurants , very near to bus and taram stations

• Reviewed: May 30, 2019

The hotel is located in strategic and central position far...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

Breakfast was good, but I humbly think it could offer a little more.

The hotel is located in strategic and central position far from chaotic city. Spa access was really great. Internet connection was always working.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2019

I wish we didn't choose this hotel!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

- The breakfast !! Horrible: not good at all. There wasn't any fresh typical products or fresh juices. They didn't have proper material to keep the food fresh (eg. the cheese) : they just put random ice under the plate. And WORST THING EVER : seeing some patients who had just been operated (bald men come to Istanbul to implement some hairs), the clinic is just a few steps away from the hotel : disgisting! - They don't respect your privacy : the guy from the reception took my phone number from my booking reservation even though I told him I didn't want to give it to him! He sent me text messages on Whatsapp >> Disrespectful! - The room is small and we didn't have enough room for 2 + the suitcases. - The spa is not as beautiful as shown in the pictures : we don't have free acces to the turkish hamam. The sauna is cold and the swimmingpool pretty small.

- If you want to visit Sultanhamet, it's a great place to stay. Near lots of restaurants (touristic though!) - The bed is comfortable

• Reviewed: May 28, 2019

The location is just perfect, right in the heart of the old...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

Nothing really, it was good as expected

The location is just perfect, right in the heart of the old city and short walks to many of the major sights. It’s also convenient for public transport if you want to go further afield (and you should; Istanbul is just a stunning city)

• Reviewed: May 22, 2019

Great hotel, Amazing location!!!
    • Economy Double or Twin Room (No Window) - Free Access to Spa

I stayed here for my birthday during the month of May and really enjoyed myself. The staff were so nice and welcoming, they gave be a lot of advice on where additional sites and areas to visit. On arrival upon finding out it was my birthday they gave me a free room upgrade which was amazing! The location of the hotel is perfect it is literally a 5min walk to Haga Sophia & The blue mosque, as well as other areas of interest. You can see the Haga sophia from the breakfast room. The hotel is also a 3min walk from the tram line so there is no need for taxis when sightseeing unless you want to pay extra. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is visiting Istanbul for the first time like myself. Also a special thank you to Gokhan and all the staff at Great fortune who made me stay pleasant :)

• Reviewed: May 13, 2019

Short and intense.
    • Standard Triple Room - Free Access to Spa

The airport shuttle was late to pick us up from the airport, but then they offered us a car with driver for free to get us around Istanbul. We didn't even have to complain! We appreciated their gesture.

We didn't have breakfast properly because we checked out very early, but the reception offered us sandwiches for the road and a box of Turkish delights as gift.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2019

The location and staff were excellent and contributed to a wonderful stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

The close proximity of hotel room windows to other buildings. Some of the condition in the restaurant - being renovated and the lack of light in the shower. This didn’t take away from the comfort of the room, however.

The staff was amazing. In particular, we loved the greeting by Roberto who explained the vicinity and the main sights. And the receptionists including Soh and Golkan, and three more that took care of us during our stay.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2019

I have been very pleased with my stay at the Great Fortune...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room (No Window) - Free Access to Spa

I have been very pleased with my stay at the Great Fortune Hotel. I must thank the special dedication he has had in Śah with my person. Thank you very much!!!

• Reviewed: May 11, 2019

• Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

Our first room was very loud (multiple aircon u its were above the room) and small. But the staff was helpful and gave us another room which was good.

Very good location, great hammam experience

• Reviewed: May 6, 2019

Disappointed. It is far, far bellow 4 stars hotel standards. Wouldn't recommend at all
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

Rooms are way to small - first room we got was size of a prison cell. We paid for upgrade (+40% price) to move to a barely decent size room (4th floor). I am really not spoiled but even new room was nightmare due to small size - you could barely turn around. Bathroom was so inadequate so that you keep bumping things around. Even the bathroom sink could not be used normally - it is so miniature that every time you wanna wash face or brush teeth you just splash water all around. Wardrobe was way to small for 2 people. Sound isolation is non-existent, all the time you could hear people from other rooms. We had a big balcony (back side view was quite ugly) but it was very dirty, chairs and table was covered by pigeon feces and nobody clean it for 4 days. Generally cleanness of room is on low level, which in combination with quite old and worn out furniture doesn't provide any comfort. Wi-Fi is very weak and unstable. We didnt have any wi-fi signal on 4th floor. Spa was just a joke. You don't get bathrobes in room and you even need to bring towels from room to spa. In spa there is a sauna (wasn't working), Turkish steam room and very, very small pool with quite cold water. Whole pool area is so small that there is only 3 (three) beds around pool. I just don't understand how spa can be used by more then 2-3 persons. Totally disappointing. Breakfast options are quite limited, just a few meals and while it can be ok for 1 day stay, if you stay more days you will find it quite boring and inadequate. Definitely it is not 4 star hotel - its rather 2 stars hotel with nice location

Kind stuff always ready to help. Nice location

• Reviewed: April 29, 2019

• Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

The wifi could have been better

It was my first visit to Istanbul, and the staff at Great Fortune were really amazing. Then front office personnel were wonderful.... courteous, friendly helpful and prosessional. The guest relations executive Roberto went beyond his call of duty to help and guide me with tours and visits to the important sights... not to mention his ability to find me transport at the last minute. The housekeeping staff were great too, prompt and efficient, the rooms were clean and well maintained. Exceptional service .... I would recommend Great Fortune to anyone who visits Istanbul, not only because of the excellent service, but also the excellent location.... everything is in a radius of 10 minutes walking. The only problem was the wifi.... thye need to work on obtaining an efficient network

• Reviewed: April 27, 2019

The staff was nice. The location awesome. The walls were paper thin and there was no Internet
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

The walls were paper thin. We could ear our noisy neigbours. Also, the breakfast was not very good and there was no Internet at all except on the lobby.

The staff was very nice and the location awesome

• Reviewed: April 26, 2019

The hotel is an an excellent location.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room (No Window) - Free Access to Spa

The hotel is an an excellent location. 2 minutes walk from the tram and 5 minutes from the blue mosque. The staff are so helpful, especially Sah who was on reception - he made our stay even better by always greeting us with a smile and asking us about our day. He helped us with all matters : getting a taxi to the airport/ giving us directions. All staff even at breakfast were lovely too :) the rooms were minimal but clean and served their purpose well :) we will definitely return

• Reviewed: April 26, 2019

I enjoyed only location :(
    • Superior Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

I would be fine if the hotel is rated up to 3* for more reasonable price, but it's far away from 4* hotel. Facilities and service is poor: 80cm beds, tiny bathroom, cleaning just upon request (clean sink and make up bed incl.). Spa is small pool with a little bit cold sauna (I guess 75C) without a shower and you don't even get a sheet or towel there and need to bring your own :-O. Definitely no fitness/gym in this hotel, don't bring your work out stuff (I did :-)). Breakfast for gluten free is very poor and instant coffee in Turkey (really?!?!). Staff is smiling, that's nice, but not very helpful to be honest.

Great location, right in the middle of Istanbul Old City. Walk distance everywhere.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2019

A beautiful well equipped hotel very close to local tourist sites.

Nothing :)

The friendly staff, the generous breakfast and the well equipped room. We had a lovely time thanks to everyone here at The Great Fortune! We would definitely recommend to our friends and will hopefully be back next year.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2019

Location is great as well as the breakfast.

Room was so tiny you need to jump over the bed to get to the other side. The Uzbek reception staff impolite, unhelpful.

Location is great as well as the breakfast. The Turkish staff that was in the reception very helpful and polite.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2019

People that are working in reception and in breakfast are...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room (No Window) - Free Access to Spa

The room was very small and the wardrobe is only for 2 jackets . If you have 2 suitcases you don't fit in the room .

People that are working in reception and in breakfast are very polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2019

Very DIssapointed

The breakfast was really bad everything was tasteless, even the coffee was bad!the room was dirty , under the bed we found carbages from the previous Guests.the room was small with zero sound insulation! The swimming pool we went 2 times , both time the water was cold and they told us to come back tomorrow but they never fix it! The reception Guy was rude and ironic all the time. Extremely unprofessional behavior from him. We are really very disappointed from our stay in this hotel ! its not worth it the money at all .

The location of the Hotel is good. The Destination manager is a very nice guy and really helpful .

• Reviewed: March 29, 2019

Décevant ! Disapointing
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

My arrival was a kind of disapointing because I have called one month ago the hotel to ask for rooms on the same floor as we came as a family they told me that it wasn’t a problem. When we arrived they didn’t have the same speech with us. They wanted to give us one room on the ground floor (the floor that I told them i didn’t Want because of the noise) and one on the 1rst floor because they said it was busy. Then we went on the 1rst floor to see the second room there was a free room just next to our room so we ask this room. I don’t know Why they didn’t give us directly this room as they knew we wanted two rooms on the same floor (doesnt change anything for them..). Anyway, when we enter the rooms we found dust on the beding and on the tables. I asked to the maid to clean the dust and she looked annoyed. And when i said what I saw to the manager, he gently came with me but looks like he didnt trust me as she already cleaned the room before he came. The cleaning was not good for a supposed 4 stars hotel. The bed sheets were not changed everyday because we found the same make up stains on the bed sheets (I think we slept in the same bedding for the entire stay). There was also some gnats in the bathroom. Also, she Forgot to add toilets paper tubes some days. Furthermore, the pool was cold, impossible to swim in that water which is a Pity as i chose this hotel for its spa. Moreover, the hotel was badly sound-conditioned, I could hear our neighbors like if we were in the same room. And the hotel was on work so one day I was awake by the noises. Nevertheless, we also met great people like Shakh who was very kind to us, helpful and who tried to assist us for every problem we met. He was competent. And the location is great, close to everything ! No goodbyes or any sentence when we left the hotel from the Guest relation manager. To conclude, It doesnt worth the price and taking into account the bad cleaning doesnt worth its 4 stars.

Localisation.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2019

It is in a great location and the hosts are really good...
    • Standard Triple Room - Free Access to Spa

The rooms are really great and big, bathroom are clean i like every thing about it

It is in a great location and the hosts are really good specially reception. And had really good time in my stay .

• Reviewed: March 17, 2019

We really enjoyed our stayed at Great Fortune Hotel. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

All is good.

Our room is big and beds are very comfortable. We liked the spa and food. All we can say that everything at the Great Fortune Hotel Istanbul is super great.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2019

Great location and staff in a great city
    • Standard Triple Room - Free Access to Spa

The location was awesome and the small but providing sauna/steambath/pool in the basement of the hotel was more then sufficient and we really enjoyed using all that. Staff was extremely helpful, going the extra mile

• Economy Double or Twin Room (No Window) - Free Access to Spa

The staff is great and the Hotel is near to all the historic monuments, as well breakfasts is delicious thanks to Mr Sah was very friendly and helpful i really wanted to go back soon.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2019

All the stuff was excelent.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

All the stuff was excelent. Sah in the rception was very helpful and make us feel like home. Also the spa center is great and is definitely worthy a visit.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2019

Location is great for tourists who visit for the sightseeing.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

Room was tiny. To turn the building into a hotel they had to add bathrooms in the rooms and in our room the bathroom just took half of the space. They could hardly fit a bed in the remaining space and it was almost impossible to navigate in the room.

Location is great for tourists who visit for the sightseeing.

• Reviewed: March 9, 2019

Best part is their service.
    • Three-Bedroom Luxury Family Suite - Free Access to Spa

Rooms are very very small. But because of govt issues it is not allowed to make big family rooms . Breakfast is okay

Best part is their service. The staff is super friendly. Especially gokham. Sha. Ismail. All helpful and they can arrange everything for u. House keeping service is great as well.

• Reviewed: March 5, 2019

Highlight of this place is its location to main attractions area..
    • Standard Triple Room - Free Access to Spa

Small room but I guess in the city so this is reasonable rate.

Staffs friendliness, location is very superb close to main attraction areas such as blue mosque, aysa sofia, top kapi and others.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2019

Great service! amazing staff!

Breakfast!

the staff are amazing! i arrived late but the smile was still on thier face. SAH was very accomodating & very helpful. He exceeded my expectation in terms of customer service. The bell boy sanjar was extremely pro active. I can personally vouch on the service of this hotel. Breakfast could be improved in terms of choices of food being served. more intercontinental.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2019

The cleaning service was beyond expectation.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

Breakfast service was great but could be improved.

The cleaning service was beyond expectation. Great hotel service. Front desk reception was very friendly, always smiling. When returning to hotel daily, towels were clean, bedsheets were cleanly put, room was very clean.

• Reviewed: February 25, 2019

Great Fortune Hotel service was by far the best hotel experience I have ever had.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

Everything was amazing, not much to be improved as the hotel service is great.

Everything was amazing, Great hotel service. Housekeeping was beyond expectations. Reception was very welcoming Sah and other receptionists were very very friendly.

• Reviewed: February 25, 2019

Great botique hotel, great staffs and very convenient location. I would revisit without a doubt!
    • Standard Triple Room - Free Access to Spa

The breakfast could be more variety. The outer look and entrance could be more presentable. Some furniture could be modernised. the street is lacking from sufficient lights however not a great issue considering this is the ancient side of Istanbul.

Staffs were touched by helpful staffs of the hotel. On arrival, the reception staff provided us with cup of Turkish tea, comforted us by offering seats at the lounge and introduced to another staff (Name: Recep) who deals with tourism aspects. Recep is extremely knowledgeable and experienced individual who understood our needs by asking few simple questions and briefed us with a comprehensive map. Next day, we met the Manager (Name: Gokaan) who reassured us by welcoming and asking if everything was good since our arrival. The room facilities are four star style (comparing to a few four stars I have visited in the past). Price and allocation of the hotel were tremendous.

not what we expected
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

1) Our special demands werent fulfiled, at 10:00 in the night we had to change room. 2) Very small room, no hangers for the clothes, no chair, glass wall to the bathroom !!!!! 3)Terrible smell of sewer every time someone from the rooms above flushed the toilet. We slept with open windows....... 4)Nothing except a beer in the minibar. No water. I asked the reception for at least water. I waited for an hour and then I went myself and bought 2 bottles from a very near shop. But it was very cold and 10:00 in the night. 5)The douvet had brown markings( god knows from what....) 6) terrible view. 7)No sound proofing on the walls. We had loud neibours yelling and talking until 3 in the morning 8) No place for the luggage 9)The television wasn't working properly, no batteries in the tv control. 10)When we returned the first night it was only one pair of fresh towels instead of two.I shared a towel with my wife, no problem. 11) Breakfast was the cheapest someone can find. Many things, but of the poorest quality. 12) The price was sooo much above quality. 13) The elevators where sooooo small and half the time we stayed we used the stairs because they where out of order. 14) I think i can tell who is really polite and who pretends to be polite.(this refers to the staff)

The location was the best someone can choose. Very easy access to major tourist places for someone with limited time. Top quality marbles in the hotel. The best toilet seat

• Reviewed: February 23, 2019

Generally a nice hotel with excellent service provided by...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room (No Window) - Free Access to Spa

Generally a nice hotel with excellent service provided by the receptionist, especially sher!! Only downfall was the breakfast was not as expected, so ended up having breakfast out. The size of the swimming pool is abit deceptive, as it is really small compared to the one in the picture. However, over all I would say it was a good experience within the hotel!

• Reviewed: February 17, 2019

The staff entered the room to fix the wall paper while we...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

The staff entered the room to fix the wall paper while we were not there, when we didnt ask for that and without informing us. We couldnt use the spa facilities because when we arrived there was a woman (covered) and apparently she asked for no men on the facilities while she was there. I dont think it was included a private access to the spa on her booking, or a restricted time of using the spa in ours.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2019

Staf of reception ar kind and helpful
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

Restaurant in the 4th floor was not so comfortable and It was diffcuilt för car pass in front of Hotel becuse street was narrow .

Staf of reception ar kind and helpful

• Reviewed: January 31, 2019

This hotel in the center of the city has the perfect...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

This hotel in the center of the city has the perfect location for a stay in Istanbul. Also has a very kind staff, specially Şah. I’ll recommend it to everyone.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

Nice Stay
    • Standard Triple Room - Free Access to Spa

Breakfast! even though the view was awesome at the roof but due to the limited option, I requested an omelette and was told it is an extra, so just decided to leave and have a breakfast at Madu.

Location, customer oriented staff, Sah was a nice person, even with the inconvenience I encountered at the beginning by having a very small room in the first night as I am travelling with my family, he showed a willingness to help and compensate, thanks for the Turkish delights.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

Our trip was lovely and the hotel was great.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room (No Window) - Free Access to Spa

Our trip was lovely and the hotel was great. Staff was very helpful and nice, perfect location, good food, good facilities. We will sure come back. Thank you for everything!

• Reviewed: January 27, 2019

We stayed at great fortune hotel for 3 days and extended for...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room (No Window) - Free Access to Spa

Breakfast could have been better with wider range of local food.

We stayed at great fortune hotel for 3 days and extended for another 3 days. We did enjoy our stay, the location of the hotel is very good and is very close to main city attractions. Spa facilities are quite decent with good massage options and steam as well as sauna rooms. Shah from Reception desk was exceptionally friendly and attentive to all our needs.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2019

Property located in great place very convenient to all...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room (No Window) - Free Access to Spa

Breakfast can be improved.

Property located in great place very convenient to all attractions on this side of Istanbul. Reception Shah was very helpful and assistive.

• Reviewed: January 26, 2019

Wonderful place.

N/a

Excellent environment. Very professional people. Great staff. Sah especially was very helpful. Was always there whenever we needed any help. Thank you.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2019

Location was fantastic.
    • Standard Triple Room - Free Access to Spa

I was in two rooms. The first one was very small. The second one was good.

Location was fantastic. Breakfast was good. People at reception desk were very helpful.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

It is very nice hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

We stayed in great fortune hotel 4 day also I would like ke say we really enjoyed definitely we will come back to hotel also there is good and nice guy is Shakh he is from Uzbekistan thank you for everything and mr Mert

It is very nice hotel

• Reviewed: January 7, 2019

Excellent place in Istanbul!

Everything is good!

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They invited us a coffee when we arrived, an excellent gesture that we liked. The room was very comfortable. Breakfast very varied and delicious. I would definitely return.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

Almost all staffs were very friendly.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

Taxi or car can not stop by hotel entrance. Road is closed all time . You have to walk 50 to 70 meters with your lagguage to to get to hotel entrance. Whashroom is vey disappointed . No privacy at all . Unless if you live in the room by yourself. Breakfast little choices with only about 6 to 7 tables So you have to wait in very small and crowded area to get a table. The only thing make this hotel exists is the staff . They are very friendly.

Almost all staffs were very friendly.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

Close to all the tourist points of interest but away from...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

The room on the bottom floor very noisy we think due to aircon. We were moved when we complained to a room on the 3rd floor which was good

Close to all the tourist points of interest but away from main drag. Close to a number of good restaurants.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

We had an enjoyable time here in Istanbul.

The facilities could be maintained better. The air-con display was not in English and it kept blowing out hot air for our first 2 nights. The toilet could have blinds for families - as the glass is translucent. Breakfast could be improved, we had the same mains for our entire stay. No complimentary water in rooms :(

All the staff are friendly, helpful and accommodating - especially Shakh, Golkhan, Abdul and Sangar. The reception staff were approachable and gave us clear information whenever we needed help. The hotel location is good and accessible to major attractions. Love the hotel concept. Breakfast view is a bonus, good view of hagia Sophia.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

It was wonderful
    • Economy Double or Twin Room (No Window) - Free Access to Spa

The location is perfect everything that is a must see in Istanbul is just 5 minute walk. The staff was very friendly they were really helpful, especially Gokhan and Bayram they even called me a cab back to the airport.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

This hotel is very perfect
    • Economy Double or Twin Room (No Window) - Free Access to Spa

We stayed in Great Fortune Hotel SPA Old City it is very good also not expansive and staff is very cool one of the good guy is shakh he is reception I would like to say thank you for everything

This hotel is very perfect

• Reviewed: December 26, 2018

The stay was comfortable and friendly.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room (No Window) - Free Access to Spa

The breakfast was good but can be improved.

The room was very clean and the staff extremelly friendly. Mr Shakh and Mr Gokhan were at the Reception all the time, allways willing to help and provide you with the necessary information. Mr Ismail and Mr Mirzo were also very kind. Last but not least, the spa center was excellant. Thank you very much.

• Reviewed: December 18, 2018

Fast free WI-Fi, pretty helpful staff, very good location,...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

A small room, very small wardrobe, phone didn't work, TV didn't work (but was replaced), not very hot water hot in the shower.

Fast free WI-Fi, pretty helpful staff, very good location, clean room and bathroom.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

They all know how to do their job and their really efficient. You only need to ask.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

Because I am really complicated, the 2 simple beds put together I suppose.

Sanjar ha ha. (Name of the employee who showed me my room) And of course his colleague (you didn't tell me your name sorry).

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Great stay in the heart of Sultanahmet
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

I think the beds could be a little softer. Just a personal preference.

I have to admit I was a bit worried as what to expect. I found some conflicting reviews, and I didn't know which to believe. The moment we entered the property I felt it was going to be alright, as we were nicely greeted, and the staff took real interest in making us feel comfortable. We had received a nice double room at the end of the hallway, and the front desk came to make sure we settled in alright and everything was to our liking. It didn't stop here, they took real interest in making sure we had everything we needed, throughout our stay. One day we called them in our room because we couldn't figure out how to make the heat work, and they quickly served us some tea, while they fixed it. Breakfast was very good, with plenty of warm food choices, plus the regular milk, cereal, jam, cheese, tomatoes, etc. The hotel is situated in the heart of Sultanahmet, off main street within short walking distance to Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque, and lots of stores and restaurants. I would choose to stay there again in a blink of an eye, and I will do it very soon. Highly recommend.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Near to the main attraction, walking distance
    • Standard Triple Room - Free Access to Spa

Try to contact the Hotel and request their assistance for the parking when u arrive to the hotel. (Otopark near to the hotel)

Near to the main attraction, walking distance

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Excellent stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

All was good nothing bad to say

Staff are very friendly and helpful, especially Shah and Sangr they always went the extra mile and helped. Made our stay extra special.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

Very good personal.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room (No Window) - Free Access to Spa

Very good personal. It was feeling, that I am their guest, like I am at home of my best friends. Especially I would like to thank 2 guys ( one was in reception and his friend, who showed me my room): they are very correct, pleasure, professional, helpful, take care of guests, answers on all questions & advising. I do not know exactly their names, but it seems they came from Uzbekistan for getting experience in hotel sector. Thank you so much, guys!

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Very disappointing not like the pictures on booking.com

Room was very basic. Meant to be a superior triple room. One mirror in the room which was in the bathroom. No lamp. Two odd coffee cups. Coffee not replenished by the cleaner. No balcony as stated. The breakfast room was dire. Dirty, crowded, cold and the roof leaked water onto my husband as we ate breakfast. I don't usually write reviews but I want to let others know this hotel was definitely not as I expected from the pictures on booking.com. In fact this is not the first time I have been very disappointed with what booking.com advertise. Definitely over priced. I will not be using them again.

The location and the staff, particularly reception staff

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

The worker are very nice, very polite, spa was very very...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

First night we got a small room but then they move us to a better room to accommodate the baby cot better.

The worker are very nice, very polite, spa was very very nice, location is perfect, within walking distance to a lot of tourists places

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

We can’t wait to return to this hotel in Istanbul

Na

The staff was great the service more than expected the breakfast is out of thi world so tasty and a lot to choose from the location is perfect near to tram 5tl and you can be anywhere in Istanbul

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

The location, It was close by a short walk to main...

The rooms were too small for 4 people ( 3 adults and a baby). They put 3 large single beds in a double bedroom then called it “family room”. The staff didn’t change sheets everyday (just when we asked them to do so). The toilet didn’t work and they fixed it only after 4 days of our stay!! In breakfast room we asked for omelette and they prepared it for us and “forgot” to mention that its for an extra charge!!!

The location, It was close by a short walk to main attractions such as “Hagia Sophia “. The spa and hamam were good too, had a great bath and massage.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

We were allowed early access to our room which was a great plus, plus. Location is absolutely superb
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

Beds should have been made up earlier.

Location was great as all the great sights are within walking distance and the reception staff were most helpful

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

Super nice employees and lovely hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

The employees were great, helpful, nice and always smiling and lovely. So impressed over the hospitality. 10 starts for the employees : Emrullah Shah Gőkhan Cleaning were perfect and everything we needed to were available. Also the tours were available because of the help of the employees. The location were perfect also. The breakfast was quite poor but I guess if you pay more for the stay you will get more variety.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

Very nice hotel, with amazing and helpful staff.
    • Standard Triple Room - Free Access to Spa

Very nice hotel, with amazing and helpful staff. Especially staff named Shah in reception helped us a lot . We would like to give 10 points to this hotel

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Amazing hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room - Free Access to Spa

The hotel is very clean, beautiful decorations, the breakfast was perfect, I loved it❤️

Perfect area, Sultan Ahmet Mosque and Hagia Sophia are just 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel, Grand Bazaar and the Egyptian bazaars are 10-15 minutes walk, beautiful area, streets, lovely, friendly stuffs and basically all Turkish people are very helpful and most of them speak English very well. I just loved it! I will definitely go back! Thanks for everything! ❤️

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Disappointed
    • Connecting Family Room - Free Access to Spa

Tiny rooms. Rooms very very noisy specially when a hotel lift going through the room. Had sleepless nights. Poor facilities at the hotel. Very old and need moderation. Smell of damp in the room with mound on the walls. Even we had a roof leak on our second last day. Cold breakfast with lots of people with bandages full of blood on the head which put you off the food.

Perfect location. Friendly staff with smile on the face all the time. Welcome was good with a drink and freshly baked in-house biscuits.

We Price Match