Reviews of Hadrianus Hotel

Kılıcaslan Mahallesi, Zeytin Street, No.4 A/B, Kaleici, 07100 Antalya, Turkey

#17 of 167 hotels in Antalya

The window shutters didn't open, probably because they opened onto the bar/restaurant area, but it meant the room was really really dark! Also, the room was advertised as having a TV, which it did, but it didn't work. I don't think it had a plug on the end of the wire! It didn't bother us as we didn't spend too much time in there, but it's always nice to have just in case!

Staff were great, beautiful location. Great fun bar with a good atmosphere. Really good breakfast too! Loved it!

This hotel is in a great part of the old city . Close to the beach, the harbour and plenty of restaurants to choose from. The garden around which the hotel is built is a great space for breakfast in the morning and drinks at night. The hotel staff and the owner a really friendly and able to offer plenty off advice. This is not five star accommodation but a great choice. I would highly recommend.

the place is very sweet and quiet. The best location. but the best is that the owners were so helpful!. Especially Alp who helped us plan our hikes in the lykian way, took us to his parents to get a map, helped us get a rental car who took us from the hotel. and then helped us find another nice hotel to stay when we return from hiking since they were full. Plus he negotiated all the prices. Made our stay memorable.

Although we took the superior double room, it was really small, barely fitting us. The room wasn't cleaned for 4 days and turned out that we needed to tell them if we want someone to clean our room, which we didn't know about

The hotel is in the old city, inside the walls, which made it really great for near sightseeing. The restaurant and the bar were in the garden, which also added a cozy atmosphere to the place

1. It was mentioned nowhere on the booking.com (including photos and comments) that there is a restaurant in the garden. And that it is open all the night, and music is playing almost all the night, and we hear people speaking in the restaurant at night even with closed windows. That is the main disadvantage. 2. Cleaning in the room seems to be either per request or just not every day. Not an issue for me, just write this for those who may be concerned. 3. It's not always easy to find English-speaking person near reception. But possible) 4. It was probably a mistake to pay for "advanced" room. Nothing seems to be different (the same garden with restaurant for all), the spa bath is so-so (it works in rather strange manner, as for me, although I'm not an expert) and anyway it does not cost the money. 5. Just to inform other people: Mermerli beach is very small and expensive. It's better to go to other beaches (in Konyaalti) but this takes some time and effort.

General impression was positive. Room, breakfast, garden, staff and price were good enough. And lots of cats - I consider this as a benefit) Very close to all sightseeing places in Antalya. Also it was very nice when staff took our clothes that were hanging outside when it started raining and put them in a safe place, thanks for that!

• Standard Twin Room

Wonderful location in the old-town of Antalya, clean simple rooms, beach is in. a 3 minute walking distance. What makes the place truly wonderful is the amazing staff with great hospitality and friendliness.

• Family Suite (3 Adults)

Everything met or exceeded our expectations.

We stayed for three nights at the Hadrianus and it was a great value for the money. Alp and his brothers were very helpful and the location was terrific. We will definitely stay there again the next time that we visit Antalya.

• Standard Twin Room

I am not a big fan of the pittoresque old city centre where the hotel was situated. It felt a bit over the top touristique. I liked the rest of the city much more for its realness and the low priced good food

The staff is truly amazing, just as the location: an oasis of rest in a buzzy city. The breakfast is very good as well. Rooms are clean and airconditioned.

A little rustic but that's the charm

Good location. Friendly staff. Checked in early and they provided me with a bigger room since one was available. Helped to pack breakfast when I had an early checkout too.

Only a couple of the staff members spoke enough English to actually be helpful and answer my questions about transportation and such. And the reception desk was not staffed all the time, so it was sometimes hard to find someone to help me when I needed it.

The staff were friendly and helpful. I arrived in the morning, several hours before check in, but they switched my room so that I could check in to one at the time I arrived. I went on a tour on my last day that left before breakfast, and without my asking, they packed a little breakfast bag for me to take. Very Sweet. And I took a night bus out, and they were kind enough to let me use a vacant room to shower after returning from my day trip before catching my bus, at no extra charge. Very caring and accommodating!

• Standard Twin Room

There is some waste ground in front of the hotel but the garden area at the back is lovely. I had a front facing room which I found a bit noisy (it was a Friday night) so they were happy to move me to a garden-facing room after the weekend.

Good selection of fresh foods at breakfast. Very comfortable bed and pillow. Friendly staff who were very helpful. Good value and as attentive as we wanted them to be.

It was not spotlessly clean and had some other small imperfections, but that actually made it more natural and homely.

Our favourite place in Antalya. Beautiful house, comfortable room, nice garden, lovely cats and tasty breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Family Suite (3 Adults)

The fresh scent of flowers from the trees in the garden were so refreshing when we woke up every morning. The breakfast was amazing and fit for a king. The staff were also very friendly and helpful and always kept our cups of tea full.

Shower very tiny (not a problem for me but might be for a bigger person) and shower curtain thus pressed up against person. Easily dealt with by only partially drawing it and being careful with direction of shower spray. Other rooms had more spacious bathrooms I think - saw one.

I liked a small hotel, where every guest known, welcomed and helped. Nothing was ever too much trouble. The room was reasonably basic but very comfortable and I slept oh so well....compared to the big luxury resort conference hotel I had been in just before.....bed and room perfect for me. The rooftop view was awesome and breakfast and tea and coffee supplies (latter on offer all day) were in the courtyard garden. The garden with its citrus trees in flower was icing on the cake. Location superb. Staff just wonderful. And yes, Id stay there again....wouldnt stay anywhere else in Antalya.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

This is an excellent hotel run by a friendly and warm Dutch/Turkish family who go out of their way to help their guests. The hotel has a clean and tasteful decor of white walls with dark wood furniture. The bed is comfortable and the shower is fine. The breakfast is a buffet of as much as you like with fresh fruit and vegetables, cereals, fresh breads, yoghurt, cooked items, fruit juice, tea and coffee. You can eat in the lovely garden or in a covered area. The location is in the picturesque old town - the best part of Antalya. There is parking available in front of the hotel. I've stayed in many hotels in Turkey and this is one of the best.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Great location in Old Town and the staff was wonderful! They were so accommodating and you can't beat the value you get for your money! I highly recommend Hadrianus Hotel and would definitely stay there again!

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Location is obviously excellent. The nice and clean room is actually luxerious for this price range. A comfortable and solid bed combined with a very nice bathroom. The breakfast (simple, but tasty and good) in the garden is the icing on the cake. The staff is friendly and helpful. I can only recommand this place.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

The location is really good ..the sea view is very near and also the market . The owners were really nice , always helpful. I had to leave early in the morning, but they made sure I get the breakfast. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Standard Twin Room

There wasn't always someone at the reception. The security in overall is a little lacking. The tv didn't work.

The hotel is really unique inside a green haven in the old town. It was possible to ask the staff to prepare a lunch, which was very tasty (a pro cook). The staff is very friendly and open for a good conversation. This place is great for open-minded backpackers. Don't expect the traditional hotel experience!

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Loved the staff the most. These people really help you with everything and with a smile. I have been traveling around Turkey and trust me these guys were the best. Keep the good work guys. These word of mouth publicity from visitors will push your ratings even higher. The location was great. Right in the old town ,close to kaaralioglu park.The property was very clean and the breakfast equally good. Wifi was good too.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Very good value for money,the staff was very nice and helpfull....GArden is great and breakfeast made with good ingredients...Bedroom was quiet ,wooden floor and high ceiling ....

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Staff was extremly friendly & helpful :-) Nice rooms & perfect location directly in the inner old city as well as only 3 minutes away from the nearest beach.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Standard Twin Room

*The staffs were incredibly kind and humorous and friendly. as soon as we arrived to the hotel, we liked the atmosphere. and I really liked the staffs. they were not only like kind and helpful staffs but also like just a travelers or friends. *We supposed to leave the hotel in the early morning. and he asked us if we want to get small meal box for out bus trip. and they made so delicious sandwiches and handed them us with two packs of juice. It was so touching and pleasant experience. *Room was very cleaned and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Standard Twin Room

The owners are super friendly and hospitable.they are always smiling.the garden is amazing you can spend hours there without noticing the time.the room was big and clean.wifi was gd..and the location is grt.everything was super great!!!!!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

The wifi sometimes kept dropping. An earlier breakfast than 8 would be good. A chair and desk or table in the room would be useful.

Lovely room, nice clean shower room, refrigerator, air conditioning. Helpful, friendly staff. Excellent breakfast with plenty of choice served in the garden under the trees. In a quiet street in the old town.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

There was supposed to be a pool that we could use at a sister hotel, but unfortunately the pool was under repair and out of use during our stay. However, this could not be helped, and the beach was only a few minutes away so we went there instead.

Beautiful garden where breakfast was served each morning. Staff were very helpful and friendly, not only did they let us check out late, they also printed our boarding passes for us, let us sit in the garden until 7.30pm even though we had checked out that day, AND brought us cups of tea as we were waiting for a storm to pass before we could leave. Our room was beautiful and clean, with a lovely big bathroom. Such amazing value for money at only £64 for two of us for two nights.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Be prepared for a bit of noise at night time. This is the trade off for being in the middle of things.

The staff were friendly and very helpful. The location is great, close to the center of town, Hadrians Gate and Mermerli Beach. The room was big and clean.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

Had a bath but coul have had a shower as well, there was a hand shower but it was broken. Tea and coffee facilities was poor which consisted of an unopened tea bag and a fruit tea and 4 sugar lumps on a dirty tray and no coffee!

The location was good. The staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

The hotel is well placed in the old town near the harbour and Hadrianus Gate. The hotel is well run by three brothers, at least one of whom speaks excellent English and told us much of interest in answer to our questions.. The Hadrianus is tastefully furnished. It is very comfortable, clean and quiet. The hotel provided transfers from the airport, and to the Otogar for the next step of our journey. We loved having breakfast in its hidden garden. Highly recommended!

Just the cleaness didnt happen during our tour

One of the finest structure.very much close to clock tower and market

• Family Suite (3 Adults)

Location, beer garden with excellent food and ambience. Lovely fresh breakfast. Laundry done inclusive ( just s tip). Courteous helpful staff

• Standard Twin Room

It is not clean lots of bugs inside the room the WC smell bad from the installation of the pipe

Room too dark

Bed comfy garden beautiful staff super esp. Hayri very helpful quiet area 10mins to the busy area

Having last drink in the courtyard listening to a classical guitarist. Having freshly cooked breakfast again the the attractive courtyard.

the room was little bit small

freindly staff specially Ali and Shahin, nice garden, Good location

The breakfast wasn’t good

The location is in Kaleiçi the best area of Antalya

Perfect location, 5 mintues walk to sea, clean and cozy

• Standard Twin Room

Staff very nice and helpful. Central but calm location. Very cozy garden with great atmosphere. We would come back ;-)

The bed could be a bit softer

We were treated not just like any other hotel guest. It felt like being hosted by a family. Very personal treatment.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Room was a little small

Gardens were lovely and Staff very nice

the building needs some rennovation. The furniture is quite old.

the location is great, and also the staff are nice and helpful.

I loved everything, the staff was amazing, the breakfast was good, the location is amazing and the room very cosy and comfortable

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

I would love to have breakfast before 8

Clean, cheap, good location, friendly staff, pretty place

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Very friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Tranquility of the garden; friendly, polite and helpful staff; good breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Family Suite (3 Adults)

The staff were excellent, breakfast was very good, great place to explore the old city and further!

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Friendly staff, clean and comfortable in good location. Great for the price.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

The staffs were so nice. The bathroom was big

• Reviewed: 9 November 2015

Very helpful staff, hotel and rooms decorated with great taste and style, the garden is a real oasis of peace. The hotel is in a quieter area of the old town away from the noise of the clubs, which is a real positive. Good and plentiful breakfast,

• Reviewed: 4 November 2015

Very helpful staff and manager who helped with resolving a problem with delivery of our rental car to the hotel. Great breakfast, fresh pomegranates in a peaceful garden setting

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

Hadrianus was the perfect quiet and feel-at-home place to spend a few days in the touristic old city of Antalya. It's very near the buzz and all the sightseeing while giving a feeling of isolation and peacefulness. Having tee or breakast in the simple but beautiful citrus trees garden is a must. The staff is extremely kind and friendly, Hayri is the greatest host!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

Despite our booking, they weren't prepared for our 1 year old son: baby bed wasn't set up. We were offered a 3-bedroom, but an adult bed isn't ideal for a baby. We had to leave very early, before their usual breakfast hour. Upon our request we were told we could have breakfast earlier. However, there was no one there at the agreed hour. We would've taken no for an answer, but not delivering on your promises is considered bad service. There was no shower, only a bath tub. Hotel is incorrectly located on GoogleMaps (we wasted an hour on finding the hotel). The owner didn't seem interested when we told him.

Beautiful hotel, good standard (tv, fridge). Nice central location in old town.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2015

The staff are very nice and friendly people. They are always willing to help and more than flexible to meet your needs. I travelled with a young child and when it was too hot to venture out, they helped to keep her occupied and entertained. Hayri is the perfect host. Location is perfect. Close to the harbour, tram, restaurants but yet still peaceful if you need some quiet time. I loved every bit of staying here. Thanks for making it memorable

• Reviewed: 30 September 2015

The shuttle for the hotel included in the deal (as indicated in booking.com) was a service that they confirmed as free of charge. After we've paid they refuse to give us this service and we have to take a taxi at your own expense. We lost 2 hours for waiting the shuttle service, that they didn't give us (in theory it will be included in the deal). I think loyality toward the customer, in particular if they are stranger in the country, can't be discussed. if we return in Antalya, we would search for another hotel.

Good position in Kaleici, the "old town". Beatiful garden for brakfast and relax.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

the triple room on ground floor was a little cramped.... but good value for money.

The host were very friendly and helpful. They gave us good suggestions on places to visit. Beautiful garden, excellent location Help us organised a cake for a Friend travelling with us on her Birthday !!

• Reviewed: 19 September 2015

Nothing. Everything was excellent. Thank you

Great staff, excellent location (walking distance to restaurants/bars and all the action of kaleici etc, yet very quiet in the rooms), very clean and pretty rooms for reasonable price, beautiful and relaxing garden. Overall Great Experience. Thank you!!

• Reviewed: 19 September 2015

The TV reception didn't work but this wasn't a huge deal for us. Our biggest problem was driving there - the GPS took us into the area the wrong way and we ended up driving and reversing up very narrow alleyways and also drove through a local market...

Staff were lovely though lacking in English skills. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast very pleasant in the courtyard, with cute cats abound. The location was really good.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

The wifi was a little patchy at times, but overall not a big concern.

The staff was really helpful, they really modified our stay to make sure that we could get the most out of it. The location is ideal!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

Nones

Great place to stay, the room is clean and comfortable, the garden is beautiful. Most important is the host, Hayri is very friendly and generous. We arrived Hotel very late, but Hayri help us to order local Pizza and make soup by himself which is so yummy. It was nice to chat with Hayri, to know the old city and great places around Antalya. He made great breakfast next day which is so deliciodu that we all eat more than we usually do, especially kids. We'd like to back to here is someday and stay longer, then we could have more time to know each other and try different dishes made by Hayri. Last bu not least, thanks Hayri for all your kind help and treat.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

We abslutely liked everythig about hotel. Special appreciation to Hairi- excellent host and chef. We feel like home. thank you to Bora for good restaurant recomendations

• Reviewed: 8 July 2015

Nice bedrooms around a garden in a central, but quiet area of Kaleici. Breakfast buffet included eggs, fresh-squeezed orange juice and french toast. Staff even provided box breakfasts for early flights.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2015

To get there by car is a bit challenge but if you will reach Hadrianus hotel, you will be fully satisfied !

Lovely, cozy place in the heart of Old City... Very friendly staff! Abdullah gave me a hand with my luggage , then the day after prepared a wonderful breakfast than helped me to get out by car from the labirinth of streets in Old Town. Another guy , Bora, after my arrival, gave me food , he,s preparing for himself! Thank you guys! I would highly recommend this place.

• Reviewed: 19 June 2015

Only suggestion is that lighting and furniture in the rooms needs to be updated......

A stunningly maintained garden full of fruit trees. Hyree the Manager takes care of the guests like its their home. Exceptional breakfast with fresh orange juice severed daily. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. They say Antalya is like paradise on earth and if you want a paradise within a paradise it could be none other then Hadrianus! !!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

Nothing! Everything is just perfect!!

I loved to stay in Hadrianus Hotel. Good atmosphere, very friendly staff, beautiful garden. All the staff is very helpful; they made me feel at home. The hotel is located in the old town, very charming and the place to be. Room and bathroom up to standards. Good value for money. I can highly recommend this place. I will definitively come back!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

Lovely place to stay in antalya old town..... it's peaceful quiet.... friendly staff ..food is excellent rooms are clean .... definitely worth staying here

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

Eveything was beautiful. Theres absolutely nothing negative to say about my stay.

Whole personel was lovely and helpful with everything i needed. Room was clean. But the most important thing for me hotel Was placed in the heart of antalya which was really good for transportation. Although i did not stayed for long in the hotel but this hotel definitely gonna be my first choice next time i visit antalya.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2015

Very good location. The rooms were very clean and big. The bathroom was very luxury. we had a very rich breakfast and the employee was very helpful. I definitely recomend it.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

Great staff, good quiet location, lovely garden, very well decorated rooms

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

Little bathroom

Spacious rooms, tasty breakfast, helpful staff!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

staff is very help.loved the garden. every tree and flower. even the cat at breakfast table. there is a path from hotel to the ocean so wonderful.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

Hard to find the hotel for the first time. No deposit box for you valuables.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

Friendly, helpful staff Quiet location Garden

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

The staff has been incredibly kind and helpful

• Reviewed: 7 September 2015

Great Location. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

Excllent location in Kleiji old city.

There are also 6 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.