Reviews of Hanedan Hotel

Akbıyık Caddesi, Adliye sokak No:3, Fatih, 34080 Istanbul, Turkey

#22 of 68 B&Bs and Inns in Istanbul

Based on 487 B&B reviews

In the room with the kettle tea and coffee were not provided which reduced the usefulness of kettle.

We found the manager very friendly and helpful. Location is most convenient. Breakfast was sumptuous and tasty. The terrace has lovely view.

Duman was very friendly and helpful during my stay. Location is near all the major sites. Place is well kept and the view from the top floor of the Bosporus is great.

People were very helpful and contributed with suggestions; the room was fine and everything worked, including good wifi Pickup from airport was well organised.

We wholeheartedly recommend the stay at the Hanedan Hotel! To begin with, the staff is really friendly and ready to cater for all your needs. Furthermore they provide really helpful tips for Istanbul. The hotel has an excellent location in the heart of Istanbul. Hagia Sofia is only 1 minute away and all the other landmarks are within walking distance. The breakfast is served of the rooftop terrace offering a breathtaking view of both the Marmara Sea and Hagia Sofia. The rooms are clean and cosy. We stayed there for 5 nights and wish we could have stayed more.

Good place in awesome location - a huge number of sightseeings, cafes, shops are round the corner. View from the terrace is just marvelous. Staff was extremely helpful. P.S. Dude, thanks for your jacket and help with public transport😉

Very well located, in the heart of the historical touristic places, near Top Kapi, on a quiet street. - safe parking place in front of the hotel - nice roof terrace - very good, rich and diversified breakfast - very clean A big plus of the hotel is the personal - so kind, so attentive to our needs, so open, so nice! Thank you, Arjen! Thank you, Duman!

Moisture/fungus in shower. Bath room small and very basic. My girlfriend, her parents and I got all sick in the same night when back to our respective countries. Most probably food poisoned in the morning with omelettes served in the morning as we only ate once together that day but can't say 100% sure.

Great staff and very helping. Hotel very central (old city) so pretty noisy by night when bars are playing music loud. Nice view on the terrasse. Good price too.

I needed to change my room during my stay (and it was just a short stay of 3 nights) - this should be a no-go to any hotels that they accept bookings that require guests to change rooms during their stay.

Good breakfast on the rooftop with views of the Bosphorus and Ayasofia, good location close to Sultanahmet square.

Breakfast is ok but could be better. Room is very small and noisy so perhaps not good for long stay but ok for a weekend visit. Not so many facilities but ok for a short stay

Great location and personal! Twin room on the ground floor has a huge garden! View from terrace is great.

It could be a little bit cleaner.

The hotel is located near Sultanahmet and Aya Sofia and public transport. Quiet place. The staff was very friendly and helpfull, they offer us useful information. Breakfast was basic, but good enough. The chease pie was excellent. The view from the breakfast terase was great. Good value for money!

All was good.

A very cozy hotel with a perfect location: from the terrace and the upper floor room (which was the one we stayed at) you could see both the Bosphorus and the Hagia Sofia. Modest but nice breakfast, very friendly staff. Decently working wi-fi.

The breakfast is excellent and so is the view from the terrace. The staff are great. However the bed was uncomfortable--hard and lumpy--and that's important.

I showed no interest in things like that, but one of the staff invited me to dance and to drink wine with him. It was absolutely inappropriate.

Comfortable bed, beautiful room, friendly and well english-speaking staff. Good view from the terrace.

As I said, everything was top-notch and above reproach, except for one tiny thing - my girlfriend complained that the bed was a bit too stiff, and I could agree once she mentioned it. I understand this is an impossible need to meet universally, so I'm not really counting this as a bad thing per se. If anything it is a testament to how nitpicky I had to get with this hotel to find something lacking.

We loved everything about the hotel. The prices were great, the accommodation and the location were perfect - a secure, quiet street minutes away from a slightly busier one filled with tourist attractions. The staff were amazing and hospitable, and the Hagia Sophia loomed from the terrace view, completing the wonderful experience. There were early breakfasts, surprisingly great WiFi, a well-heated, cozy room and a great neighborhood to explore on foot - regarding which the receptionists would always offer advice and tips, making a great traveling experience even better.

Hotel needs a little refurbishing in the bathroom, but nothing that important. And the breakfast needs more variety.

Hotel is in a quiet street, very close to Hagia Sophia and Topkapi palace. View from the rooftop in the morning and evening is magical. Also almost everything in the hotel was great, staff was very friendly, helpful but not too imposing.

My room (Troy), although clean and functional, is basic and could do with sone refurbishment and repair. The bathroom door and wall were damaged in a few places. The shower head hanger keeps falling off and required fixing twice in three days. The breakfast spread is basic and unchanging.

The rootftop has a fantastic view of the Sea of Marmara and Hagia Sofia (Aya Sofia).

This place is very pleasant and comfortable, with agreeable and helpful staff - you feel like home. The breakfast was good enough to support long walks on Istanbul hills. Plus the location is excellent: quiet and in 5 minute walk to Sofia and Blue Mosque

The facilities were not sufficient enough. However, it is not fair to compare Hanedan hotel with a 4-5 star hotel.

The staff are super nice. They were allways at customer's service.

Wifi speed is terribly slow and not steady, though you shouldn't stick on internet while being in such a fantastic city. In a word, the wifi is not reliable, so if you need to use internet, you better rely on your own 4g.

The location is great.

They should change towels more often. The temperature of the water was not stabile (hot-cold)

Nice clean room. Good budget breakfast. Nice heating in winter time. Good wifi.

The hotel was nice. Please don't expect 5 stars conditions for the price you are giving. The hotel was clean, nice view, location was perfect. The breakfast was nice. The staff is very helpful, friendly and speak English, Russian very well. I felt like I am at home. The place is very close to the all main sightseeings. The hotel has excellent view terrace. I usually don't write comments but it was better than my expectations. I exactly will be back to this hotel. My friend booked Serenity hotel and her staff was awful and I am really happy to be successful with my hotel. Thanks team and see you soon.

Few things could be improved on to make it perfect: - Wifi connection was extremely slow, I reported it to staff and I think they rebooted the router because afterwards it improved a bit. Having excellent wifi is very important to travellers! - The room had an electric coffee-maker and mugs, but no complimentary coffee or tea!(?) This is a small gesture that goes a long way, otherwise the coffee-maker is useless. - Please separate the key from the card necessary to turn the electricity on in the room. It is difficult at night to lock the door in the dark. - Breakfast was decent, but basic. Maybe try including scrambled eggs as well. I do give 5 stars to the lady attending the restaurant however, she was very sweet!

First I must say I did not stay at Hanedan Hotel because when I arrived they told me they overbooked the rooms, so they put me in the hotel across the road - Peninsula Hotel, which has the same owner (I understood this happens often). This review applies to Peninsula Hotel. I received a spacious double room which was nicely decorated, very clean and with a comfortable homey feel. I was satisfied and would stay there again. The location is fabulous, on a quiet historic street, but steps away from Aya Sophia. The whole staff was kind and accommodating. It was too cold when I visited to eat outside, but in the summer it would be wonderful to have breakfast on the rooftop, because the views of Bosphorus are stunning!

low temperature of hot water was sometimes a problem, but staff managed to solve it.

Cozy hotel, some rooms are small, but for us that was not a problem. Good heating in the room, comfortable beds, quiet. Breakfasts on the roof are our best memories of the the place. Great view over Bosfor and Hayasofia from there. Lady Erma at breakfast makes wonderful different pies which are best when hot, so come early or ask to heat them. Erma is very friendly, just ask her if you need anything! And in general, talk to any member of staff if you have a problem or question, they respond fast and are willing to help!

-a bit monotony breakfast; we had 6 breakfast,

-Recepcionists - very interesting and above average polite persons! We will remember this hotel because of both of them. The owner of hotel should aprreciate them :) people are good.. ;);) -private parking - u can have feeling, that someone keeps an eye on your car.. its good! -location - 2 mins walking from hotel to Aya Sofia, Blue Mosque and 4 mins to Metro Station. Super!

The only thing I didn't like was dust under the bed(

The location is wonderful, just few steps from Hagia Sofia and Topkapi. Staff was very friendly, rooms simple, but each with a certain theme. The first room we stayed in had TV, fridge, safe and view on the sea, but was on the third floor and very small for a stay with a child. They changed the room for the bigger one (sadly it had no above facilities) with no extra charge, they put a crib to it and we also could leave the stroller inside. The breakfast was great! Thanks to Mashallah and all the others!

• Family Room

The tv didn't work and neither did the safe. We were not told about this when we checked in. the staff didn't clean the room or bathroom, they just threw the duvet over the bed. I had to ask them to clean the bathroom. there is not tea/coffee/sugar in the room. breakfast was very unimpressive!!!!

The location of the hotel is perfect. this is the only reason I would go back.

We were very satisfied with Hanedan Hotel! It was very clean and comfort. We enjoyed the breakfast at the terrace with the spectacular view at the Marmara see. The location was perfect, near by Hagia Sofia and Sultanahmet. The reception was very kind, always willing to help us providing directions to the sights and suggesting us which ones should we visit. They also arranged for us transportation from and to the airport! We would definitely recomend it!

you need to buy water from outside like other restaurants , i think its because water is expensive in istanbul but would be great if they start providing

We went to Istanbul for our honeymoon, came to know about this hotel from guardian.com and me-my wife loved our time spent here . We were amazed by its location in old city, all popular restaurants and sightseeing places are at walkable distance and they have a nice terrace. We also loved the hospitality by all hotel staff always smiling, especially thanks to Arjen who guided us about the new place very well, our necessities were taken good care of. We found it great value for money kimda stay. Would love to visit again.

Tired deco, unfriendly staff. Requested for a coffee and fruit at 7am as we were leaving at 7.30 Not forthcoming though breakfast was included. Were told we could not have anything till 8am

Quiet room. Well located. Cheap

no view from the room, sometimes problems with wi-fi

breakfast simply but tasty. Beautiful view from breakfast terrace. Lady in the kitchen every day backed fresh cake :):):)

"Dersim" room was too small for a family of 3 although our daughter it's just 14 months old. We didn't have any tea, coffee, sugar, milk in the room. No TV in the room. Also, the airport pick up service price was double comparing to what we booked for our return.

I liked the view to the sea at breakfast time - breakfast included in the booking price. I also liked the location of the hotel, it's very close to the Basilic Cistern, Sultanahmet, Ayasofia- the area around it's welcoming and the hotel it's just 20 mins walking from Grand Bazaar...overall I enjoyed my stay at Hanedan Hotel.

Very small room without sea view or street view although it was advertised with some views . Uncomfortable and small mattress. I might have chosen another hotel given the knowledge in advance.

Location and friendly staff. Good breakfast. Worth the price.

I have arthritis in both knees, so going down all those stairs from the rooftop restaurant deck was painful--a Lift would have been nice...

I had a steady stream of email questions, so Mashallah was kind enough to personally connect with me on WhatsApp. I was also traveling throughout the Caucasus, so it was really reassuring to get all the details of our stay confirmed since I'd never been to Istanbul. He was terrific!

Room very small. Room VERY dark. Hard to read or pack. No bedside light on one side and inadequate bedside light on other side. Only way to read was with flashlight. Poor wifi on roof breakfast terrace.

Staff very friendly. Location excellent. Clean room. Comfortable bed. Big closet. Huge fig tree outside room adds atmosphere but blocks light. Good fire escape.

The room could be furnished better with brighter linen as the room looked a bit drab. The room wasn't cleaned very well on certain days.

I liked the location. I also liked the idea of breakfast being served on the terrace overlooking the Sofia Hagia Breakfast was good. The manager was very helpful and had a good sense of humour .

Lovely roof top terrace breakfasts. Stunning views. Lovely atmosphere. Love the ambience of the nearby streets and the closeness of many major attractions and yet still quiet.

Sound proofing can be improved .

The manager was a great person he even provided us with extra bed for me kid free of charge.Location for best only 5 mins walk to Tram Station and bus station . A quiet and comfortable place for families.

Old furniture and toilet. They need to improve their breakfast.

Location! Location! Walking distance to tourist spot. The staff are friendly and helpful. I have book wrong date which is one day advance and our flight is early in the morning but the staff are very helpful and kind they allow us to check in early. Love their rooftop view. Five star for the staff and location!!!

When we arrived to thé airport, we are waiting for the taxi who not came... Waiting for 40 minutes in a airport with à baby and pregnant ... We took a taxi ( I advise you to take a taxi directly to the exit of the airport. it is less expensive and you are sure to have one ...). The sheet and towel are not change every day, even if it is not clean or if you put then on the floor ... It is inacceptable and shameful. (For example, They folded and put on the bed a sheet soaked with pee of my baby ...) I would not return because of the towels and sheets.

The personnel is very Nice. The localisation is perfect. Masallah is very helpful and Nice. Great view on the terrace.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Friendliness of the staff and the location are just perfect. So is the value for money. It was very nice to have breakfast on a terrace with an amazing view.

Towels and sheets were leaky. There is no special view from the window, it looks towards the wall. Breakfasts, bed linen. Breakfasts were okay, not very various.

Good price. The hotel has a nice view from the terrace.

Room was a bit small, without a proper seating area. TV was not functional. No elevator in the building but the staff was very kind and helped me with my heavy luggage.

Very nice and helpful staff. Not so far from Hagia Sofia, close to sea side as well. Room was clean with a comfortable bed. Electric kettle in the room with mugs and spoons, in case you want to prepare a tea. Washroom was spacious and clean. Ironing facilities available on request. Airport shuttle service at a reasonable price.

The building as many buildings in the neighborhood has no elevator. However, the staffs might help you to carry the luggages.

The hotel is located in a excellent position, close the main attractions ( blue mosche, ayasofya, topkapi palace and close the tram too.

Late check-out was confirmed beforehead but at the day of the departure I was told that it's impossible because the hotel is full. Breakfast could have a greater variety. Small problems with paying with a credit card.

Perfect location with a beautiful terrce with a view to the sea and the mosques. Absolutely worth the price!

Perfect location, nice terrass and beautiful view! lovely small rooms and wide clean bathrooms. Staff is very good!!! Hospitality people. Mr. Arjen, Mr. Ibrahim, thanks!! I recommend!

The room I had was on the ground floor and the ventilation was a bit poor so it felt damp and musty at times. Some of the fixtures needed repair and the room had no television.

The view from the breakfast room/terrace. The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff

nothing,everything was good

everything was perfect,excellent and clean room,a fantastic terrace with amazing view,very friendly and accommodating staff, airport pick up service,Great location, a few minutes walk from all the attractions

We were sad to not have the roof terrace of the hanaden, but it's sister across the street also had good views of the sea.

great location near both restuarants and main sites in Istanbul. The rooms were nice, though a little on the small side (doubles). Staff friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

In the evenings internet connection became very slow.

Just perfect location - 4 minutes walking to Sultanahmet Square; 5 minutes to the tram stop, from where you can reach any place you want. Great staff. Greetings to Sergei :-)

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

One of the receptionists needs to understand that he should not criticize personal traits of customers.

Good value for money, right next to Topkapi Sarayi. Decent hygiene and pretty good bed.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The service was outstanding. Super helpful staff went far beyond what was expected to assist me. Very clean and great value for money. I can't recommend this place enough. I'll definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Very nice and quiet place to live. Especially if you travel with a family and want to avoid noisy places. The hotel is pretty nice and affordable at the same time. It's close to a lot of historical places and transportation. The staff is really helpful and positive.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Breakfast could start earlier, say 7 instead of 8 am esp. during summer - sun is up by 6 am and best to be out early before it gets hot.

Perfect location - on quiet alley yet short walking distance to tram and all major sights. Sumptuous buffet breakfast including fresh fruit. Unbeatable value for money.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Stairs but was helped by kind staff.

Great breakfast. Office staff were great group of people but housekeeping and woman who layed out our breakfast were really hardworking and respectful.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

The hotel doesn't have an elevator which could be a hassle for travelers with big heavy luggage.

Breakfast on the rooftop (across the hotel) was simple but it's made up for a stunning view overlooking the Bosphorus and surrounded by the Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. Plus, we were upgraded to a 4 person room and the receptionist was friendly. All in all, we had a good stay and the hotel is indeed value for money.

Location. Staff. Terase view.

I have booked a room with sight and a balkon but I godt a room to a backyeard and No balkon

view from room window

stuff ready to help everytime

• Family Room

Great location, great breakfast, free parking, comfortable, clean room, good wifi, we will definitely come back!

The room get very bright by early in the morning. Walls are thin so it can be noisy...

Position, comfortable bed and gentle staff

Great breakfast regarding the overall price! Also, great visit recommendations from the owner!

Really nice and helpful stuff; great position

Hospitality is very good

Terrible wifi. Not steady and SLOW!

Friendly staffs.

The breakfast was great. It was complete and delicious.

• Family Room

The room was highly humid, the roof was green and unsupported smell

The room is cleaned every day

There was no lift.The room was small.The bed had lots of noises.The breakfast was not complete.

Breakfast in Terrace with sea view. Location

I loved everything there! Very cozy place, friendly staff, great location. If I’m in Istanbul again, this is the place I’ll stay in, for sure.

Hot water not available at some time

Staff very friendly

People who attend the hotel is really nice. They help us a lot! If I return to Istambul, I have no doubt to book Hanedan again.

Room could use more lighting

Very friendly staff and very helpful. Go out of their ways to help

small room looks like old property

easy to access to anywhere nice view from pantry

Uncomfortable bed.