Reviews of Hotel Historia-Special Category

Amiral Tafdil Sk. No:11 Sultanahmet, Fatih, 34440 Istanbul, Turkey

#196 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I had a perfect view of the Bosphorous from my room with balcony. I loved the morning sunrise over the water. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall it was a wonderful stay at Historia. Next time I am in Istanbul, I would definitely stay there again. I would recommend this to anyone. This hotel offers great value at such an affordable price.

Fantastic
    • Family Room

The location was fantastic & the area quaint. The room was as described & the staff were very friendly. Breakfast offered a lot of choices. I would definitely stay here again & recommend it to others.

• Family Room

The location was fantastic & quaint. The room was as described & very comfortable. The staff were very friendly & the breakfast was great. I would definitely stay here again & recommend it to friends.

The hotel's location is the best.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel's location is the best. The service is outstanding as the staff tries their best to please their customers. They are all polite, customer-oriented and friendly. I will choose this hotel again when I will travel here. Specially Cetin from breakfast is best!

A cozy hotel
    • Double Room with Sea View

There is nothing I didn’t like apart from the bad experience from the tour.

I booked a sea view’s room and I also sent an email to the hotel to state this was the reason I picked this hotel. It would be a more wonderful stay if I can have the best sea view room. In fact I asked Booking.com to allow me to rewrite this review which initially I commented on the hotel’s poor tour recommendation. I was disappointed and gave a much low rating. However, upon I returned to Singapore, the manager called me, which I did not picked up. He wrote a email to me and apologized for the bad experience I had from the tour agency(senkron), and asked for my bank account to insisting paying the tour fee back to me. He also promised to remove the flyer of the tour agency after such bad experience. I was rather surprised by such gesture and decided to rewrite this review. As I indicated in my previous review I am happy with the hotel and it is comfort to stay here especially with the sea view room. I believe the manager is sincere,otherwise he would not spend the effort trying to contact me.

Very helpful staff, good location, right behind the Blue...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

People talking out loud is the corridors, insonorisation is much needed.

Very helpful staff, good location, right behind the Blue mosque, near to museums and mosques. Tram station is about 5 mn walking. Breakfast is really varied and good you can have it indoors or outisde in the the terrace.

Quaint boutique hotel, charming and pleasant stay.
    • Family Room

WiFi signal was patchy in certain parts of the room. Room is cramped with two single beds and one queen sized bed. Breakfast was very basic and lack local variety.

Close location to Sultanahmed square and various diners is fantastic. Rooms are clean and hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

Very good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There is some mold in the gap between the bathtub. It's not an uncomfortable amount to wash, but if you want 1,000 % clean, you may feel a little uncomfortable. Otherwise, it's perfect!

The location is very good. You can walk around places like Aya Sophia and the Blue Mosque. The staff are very kind too. Breakfast is also served neatly. I have never seen a small bug while staying at my room. I'm very happy to be clean. If anyone is staying in Istanbul, I would really like to recommend this hotel :)

Excellent location - decent hotel - mini rooms
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The only flip side may be the room size though - the rooms are small. But that is an issue with most hotels around the Sultanahmet area. 2 people will be able to manage though unless you are in the habit of spreading open your entire luggage and clothes.

Everything is decent about Historia - the location is exceptionally good, less than 5 minutes walk to the Blue Mosque, the Hagia Sofia, Topkapi and the busy Sultanahmet street. Breakfast is good. The free in-house cake kept at the lobby is super yum! The manager, Mr. Mutlu, is also very helpful and proactive.

Comfortable hotel in the heart of Istanbul
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great position, a few steps far from the Agia Sophia and the Blue Mosque. Great staff, always supportive and welcoming. The room was clean spacious and comfortable, with a lovely welcome kit. Perfectly working wifi.

Good value for the money, clean, friendly and super location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This is a great little hotel. The breakfast was good, the room was clean. The location was great, very close to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. The service was friendly and prompt. Great little bar with Efes beer and Raki.

A great location for sightseeing in a very well priced and clean hotel
    • Double Room with Sea View

The rooms are very small as is the bathroom. Breakfast was fine, but could have had more variety

Excellent location close to all the major sights in Istanbul. Balcony room had a great view of the Bosphorous. Staff are v helpful and friendly

Fantastic stay in Historia Hotel.
    • Double Room with Sea View

Fantastic stay in Historia Hotel. Very kindly staff and always see them with a smile. In reception they give you all the information about the city, what you can do, what events there are. The room was very clean and comfortable beds; there's everything you need. Great turkish coffee. In a central location, full of restaurants, shops, 2 steps from the Sultanahmet Square. Thanks a lot, guys. To be recommended !!!

Cracking location super staff.
    • Family Room

The friendly staff (the bearded bros) and the prime location. The staff go out their way to help you ensure your stay is extra comfortable. The breakfast is good value too. Thanks for a great experience of Istanbul the family really loved it. You took care of all including the baby.

The property is cosy and in prime location a stone throw away from main sites. It's also very quite. The staff make it what it is. Thankyou

Very clean ,classically decorated mixing old with new , great location.the best in Istanbul

NOTHING

The staff are super helpful, the hotel is beautifully designed and relaxing, Location was excellent, very close to shops restaurants bars & all visiting places and breakfast was fresh . Staff were extremely welcoming & friendly Everybody at the small lobby is waiting any sign to serve you Honestly everything was perfect. I can’t think of any recommendations. I hope I wish to visit this Hotel again

Lovely place, great city
    • Double Room with Sea View

Clean and tidy place in an excellent location within short walking distance of Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia and Topkapi Palace. Staff were helpful in answering questions

Pleasant and very helpful staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Facilities are quite worn out. But the main disadvantage is the location. It is quite unpleasant and extremely touristy, which is not for everyone.

Pleasant and very helpful staff.

Between the staff hospitality, service, price and location we loved our 4 day stay!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel staff and service is 5 Star!!! Hospitality and knowledge of the best places to eat and sight see is great Highly Recommend this hotel for this price. Enjoyed it very much. Very safe too!

BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

NO CLEANING IN THE ROOM FOR THE WHOLE STAY!! (5 nights) No invoice when I checked out!!- I still do not know how much I paid. I paid also a few extra liras for minibar, more than expected according to prices written in the room. Food for breakfast: I am not picky, believe me, but the meat and cheese were not at all fresh, the omlette miserable,just ate them because I was hungry. I got a room with city view- city view was to an interior courtyard with garbages. The bathroom amenities were from different sorts and already used by other turists. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL AT ALL!

It was the worst hotel ever. Beside the location, which indeed is very good, the other things are not actual, it is the first time I choose a 9 grade hotel on Booking which has underrated my expectations by far.

Good place to stay if you travel light
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

View from the window we live on the 3 floor. The view was like old neighbour houses. No sign of Bosphorus. But I want to say that I was suggested another room with better view but with one big bed.

Good place to stay. It is in the center but in quite place. It takes you about 10 minutes from the tram station Sultanhamet. But be aware it is hard to reach the hotel if you have heavy suitcase because of rising road (on you way back) Small (but with enough space) room without balcony. There is a balcony near lobby zone. Very good breakfast. They also offered coffee or tea for free when you are sitting in the lobby

It exceeded my expectations and definitely worth the money

Very small room

It was one of the best services from my experience. Staff was very hospitable and made a birthday present. They were cleaning every day. Our room has a great view of the city panorama and of the Bosphorus.

Friendly hotel in a quiet street, close to centre of Sultanhamet
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was really creaky. Hot water pipes made the room too warm requiring aircon to always be on. Quite close to noisy lift and breakfast room.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a good size with plenty storage, comfy bed and a powerful shower! It overlooked a nice courtyard. Breakfast was until 10am with a good selection of food and drink. The hotel location is perfect.

Pleasant hotel for a family in the historical center
    • Standard Triple Room

The acoustic of the old hotel makes you hearing everything your neighbours speak about :-)

Great historical hotel for a family near the blue Mosque and other major tourist attractions of the old Istanbul. Loyal staff, candies for children, free turkish coffee and tea for adults, staff at reception speaks English and is always ready to assist you in any trouble.

Would stay there again
    • Standard Triple Room

Breakfast is ok but one gets tired of eating the same things if you are staying for 3 nights.

Rooms are a bit small but very cozy and the breakfast spread is good, close to Blue mosque and Hagia Sophia

Excelent staff...comfort and clean room..good breakfast...value for money
    • Family Room

location was beautiful and safe but need a little walking to tramway and bus..rooms were clean and comfort but not just like the pictures in booking.com site.

Staff and again staff...they were excelent...extra helpfull...specially mr multu..mr veysel and mr chedin...my family were 4 person...as we enter the room our except of the room was not that we think before but manager set a good room with nice view at the next day.thanks for everything...

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect. The behaviour of their staff is exceptional. I have never seen that hospitality before. Their FO manager top to bottom all are very helpful and caring. I again stayed there and will always stay in this hotel as no hotel can match their standards. Keep up the good standards...

Once again thank you all so very much for making my first visit to Instanbul so amazing

Everything was exceptional

Only have positive things to say about the hotel. From the moment I stepped into the front door I got more than 5 star treatment from everyone. Everything was superb. Staff the very very best, cleanliness, breakfast and location. They made me totally feel at home and nothing was too much of a trouble. Totally would recommend it to anyone. Cost much much less than a 5 star hotel and was the best of a 5 star hotel. Thank you all soo much making my stay in Instanbul absolutely amazing. Can't wait to book again

Very Good location.
    • Family Room

Very Good location. The best staff, very kind persons. Very good breakfast. I can say that it is the best hotel in all aspects I have ever visited. I and my family liked it very much. Thanks again!

The photos which is provided by the hotel is not really accurate
    • Double Room with Sea View

The room was too small, very old building and there was no privacy in the balcony. Anyone can see you from the balcony and can easily enter your room from the balcony, because there was no wall or anything like that. On the other hand, when anyone smoking in the balcony, you will smell it.

The balcony views is very good, the location of the hotel is perfect and the service in the hotel was very good.

The Most beautiful trip ever..
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the room is so tight for 2 persons. the hotel should keep rooms for smokers.

the location was so comfy it is close to everything including the metro and tramway. the staff at the hotel was friendly and professional they served us in a very good way. the breakfast was healthy and tasty. the room was so clean.

Historia-Istanbul
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nice place to stay in, seashore is nearby, 5-7 minutes to get to central historical part as whole by walking, by the way, it is a huge city - Istanbul

Always very good over the years. A hidden little gem.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Rooms are not large, but they are completely adequate.

We often stay at the Historia. Very attentive staff. Conciencious and Friendly owner. Incredible views from our regular room of the Asian side and Sea of Mamara. 2 minutes from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia.

Good stay
    • Family Room

Small room and old bathroom . You may hear all your next room voices

Staff is very very helpfull especially mr faisal ,location is excillent ,clean room,breakfast was ok

I was great
    • Family Room

The bathroom needs cleaning I didn't had a bath my shower was bit dirty around the edge on the shower need more updating

Location was really great and staff are very friendly service was excellent

Best location! amazing Staff! Cheap prices!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Since i was travelling alone, i didn't mind the small room, but it can be a bit small for a couple. Internet didnt work the first day but that was an issue with the ISP and was resolved within a day.

loved the staff, they were extra helpful. The location is just epic! it is around 300-400 meters from Blue mosque which makes the location prime.

A quaint lovely place in the Center of town to stay.

The rooms are small.

Excellent location, homely atmosphere, staff extremely helpful especislly the manager Matlu, very helpful friendly and dignified. Very clean and exceptionally good breakfast, loved the dining area and patio. The staff was helpful in arranging tours, cruises and restaurant bookings. Ten minutes walk from most historical sites, sutanahmet tram station, lots of good restaurants in the area

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

A real Gem in the heart of Istanbul
    • Double Room with Sea View

This is a real gem...the people are amazing...perfect location...quiet...get the room with the sea view and balcony...good size room...highly reccomended.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Very comfortable.
    • Standard Triple Room

The pictures of the hotel on your site mislead as if it is a big hotel. The room was very very small. I was disappointed. Very comfortable

The staff was very courteous and extremely helpful. The hotel was very clean.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Nice and cozy hotel with excellent location and friendly staff for a pleasant stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are a bit small.

Excellent location to Topkapi museum, Haiga Sofia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar and all other places of interest ie. all within short walking distance. Also there are lots of eating places nearby. Very friend staff who were always there to provide assistance and useful tips.

Stay here again?...definitely!!!
    • Double Room with Sea View

Only comment was would have preferred the double and one single bed to be side by side but unfortunately the room shape wouldn't accommodate that. But it wasn't a problem. And breakfast - we stayed six nights....so became a little bored after a few days . however when we asked for an omelette they happily made it for us.

The room 506 was decent size and large enough for a family of four, especially two little ones five and one. It had a lovely balcony. They provided a double and two single bed arrangement, more than what I requested (1 double and 1 single). The beds were really comfy and especially with my bad back I had no problems sleeping. The complimentary slippers and water was really handy since we forgot to take our slippers with us. The room was kept warm and we could change the temp, in addition whenever we requested the hotel staff also turned the radiators on which was a huge bonus especially with two little ones and since it was freezing temp outside. And the walk up to the blue mosque was not bad at all. Took us five minutes with a buggy. Felt very safe even very late night. And having a 24\7 reception was very handy. Motlu and all the other staff were always there to help and advise us on tours and how best to get there. Really enjoyed our stay and it felt like home away from home. I would love to go back in the summer again in the near future. And stay in the hotel again..definitely.

Ideally placed small hotel for sight seeing in Istanbul.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The first room given to us was lacking air, very claustrophobic and hadn't been aired for some time. However the staff were able to change our rooms to a more spacious and aired room.

Great staff, made to feel welcome, very helpful and supportive with local information and recommendations. Staff did all they could to make our stay a great one.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Wonderfull stay!!!
    • Family Room

the staff was very friendly and very helpful. the proximity to the historical attractions, Haya Sofia, blue mosque, Topkapi Palace and the Astara bazaar all at 5 to 6 mins walking.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Best Hotel for your trip, trust me.
    • Double Room with Sea View

I'm so pleased to be here in this hotel, defiantly I have the best experience here, the service was fantastic, people are more than helpful for us in hotel. Even when I was sick I couldn't reach pharmacy, hotel Historia-Special give to me the right cure for me and I felt very good thanks to Allah and them, even my wife felt better since she was sick too. You might see the hotel and rooms are small, but they are big enough for your joy and your happiness.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Recommended
    • Double Room with Sea View

No bottle opener in the room :-)

Very cozy little room with a lovely balcony with stunning views. Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Our stay was fantastic. Absolutely, we enjoyed the hotel's service and hospitality. Reasonably price
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I like the physical apperance of the hotel. Staffs are amazing and helpful. If i will be back in istanbul, i would absolutely take advantage of this hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

For me the best hotel in Istanbul!!!!

One of the best hotel i ever had.. Near to all touristic places, personels are very very gentle and at your service, the rooms was more than correct.. The breakfast was perfect.. I will return next year!! Thanks to the team of this hotel for everything...

Pleasant stay at a historic location.
    • Double Room with Sea View

Room and bathroom on a smaller side.

Great location, clean, sea view as promised, good breakfast, friendly staff.

Staff professionalism.

Staff professionalism.

beautiful view from the balcony
    • Double Room with Sea View

beautiful view from the balcony very friendly and helpful stuff

Best staff and location made this hotel excellent choice in...
    • Family Room

Best staff and location made this hotel excellent choice in Istanbul

Breakfast not great.

Great location. Great staff. Comfortable rooms.

The staff was very friendly & helpful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast need to have more varieties.....we ate same breakfast on all the 7days

The staff was very friendly & helpful....thx to them all ❤️

Excellent Stay

Size of room

Location of hotel and close by good restaurants

Centrally located.
    • Standard Triple Room

Rooms was small and lacked ventilation

Centrally located. Very courteous staff

Clean comfortable room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Clean comfortable room. Good breakfast. Close to tram no 9 station. Friendly staff.

nice stay
    • Double Room with Sea View

noise during 5h3 night. insulation is not as should be.

close To haja sophia and the blue mosk

Friendly staff and clean hotel. Breakfast is good too. Good value for money.
    • Standard Triple Room

There is not much not to like. The hotel is simple but very comfortable and clean.

Good value for money.

The personal in the hotel is excellent which makes the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The personal in the hotel is excellent which makes the experience really nice, also location is perfect

The personal in the hotel is excellent which makes the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Excellent position (just 2 minutes walking and you are in...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Excellent position (just 2 minutes walking and you are in Sultanahmet square), very friendly and helpful staff

Half Term 2018

Staff really helpful. Clean and quiet. Location was spot on

Just Perfect

Just Perfect

Excellent service.
    • Double Room with Sea View

Excellent service. Well located for those interested in seeing the most touristic part of the city. Room with a nice view to the sea.

Very pleasent staff, ready to help at any time. Will be back for sure :)
    • Family Room

Rooms are very clean and spacious. Breakfast was very good.

Great place! Highly recommend.
    • Double Room with Sea View

1. There was a lack of variety in breakfasts.

1. Perfect location 2. Friendly staff 3. Clean room and bathroom 4. Excellent sea view

Great location, helpful staff and comfortable stay
    • Standard Triple Room

Great location, very helpful staffs, clean and comfortable

We had a great time in Istanbul, many thanks to Hotel Historia.
    • Double Room with Sea View

The customer service was exemplary. They made an effort to fulfill our every request.

Pleasant three day stay in Istanbul at Hotel Historia Special Category

No particular dislikes.

Through Booking.com and location to major Istanbul sights.

You name it, you get it (with smile)

Everything was good

Staff was so nice, welcoming and always smiling. Especially Mutlu, very helpful host, he made our trip very nice.

The breakfast was monotonous

The staff was too good. Me. Mutlu was a one point solution to all issues. The breakfast was monotonous

This hotel has a very good location and it is very...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This hotel has a very good location and it is very convenient to go the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia.

Staff was very helpful and location was very good

Staff was very helpful and location was very good

The Manager in the morning during my stay was very helpful
    • Family Room

The bathroom is really small

Central part of Izmir

Fantastic, good choice!!!

Good breakfast,good room

Mr mutlu bayam . . Gem of a person. . .100% recomended hotel excellent people superb service

Everything . . .