Reviews of Holiday Inn Istanbul City 5 stars

Turgut Ozal Cad. Millet Cad. No: 189, Fatih, 34280 Istanbul, Turkey

#1038 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Good for business trip but not so good for romantic or families
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Location for romantic stroll at night but it was safe to walk and attitude of some members of staff towards guest mainly due to their poor usage of English language.

It was totally geared towards business trip

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

BE AWARE, ABSOLUTELY NOT TO THE HOLIDAY INN STANDARD!!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms are very small and the carpet was awful!!! Dirty towel with blood stain on it and another towel was torn on the edge! Only mattress cover and a blanket!! No sheets!! Even though we asked for one, they kept taking it when cleaning and had to call or go get one. Green pool!!!

Very close to the tram line.
    • Double Room - Smoking

I found the breakfast to be over priced. However My stay was bed only. So i was better off eating outside at less than quarter the price.

Very close to the tram line. Carrefour is 100 mts away. Quite a few restaurants at walking distances. The staff is friendly and speak English. The SPA is also very good.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

- location is perfect.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- Rooms are not clean. The carpet is very old. The walls are dark becsuse of cigarette smoke stains and this was in a non-smoking room. - There is green grass around the pool which is not dense and many people walk on them and bring the soil and grass particles to the pool. This can be replaced either with artificial grass or improve the green grass density in the field.

- location is perfect. Easy access to public transport. - Staff very helpful. - food had a good quality at the pub.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Comfortable but
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location is not very close to Istanbul attractions. The reception team rarely smile which doesn’t make me feel comfortable especially when they speak in Turkish together regarding my requests. Breakfast price is a bit expensive.

The room service team was really kind. The bed was the best for me and room size is fair. The swimming pool is also nice. Tram Station is almost at the entrance of the hotel.

Staff very nice, especially the boy that helped us with the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the cleanness in the pool. I couldn't used the pool because was not clean

Staff very nice, especially the boy that helped us with the luggage and by the way offered his car to bring us to an ATM ! you do a fantastic job!

the pool has a great location, the staff were overall very...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The food was not amazing, breakfast had a variety but not enough creativity. Restaurant taste was not great, bland and lacking flavor

the pool has a great location, the staff were overall very pleasant. Great location to tramvay which takes you to main landmarks

Everything was set out perfectly, staff were extremely helpful and were there when we needed them. They adviced us were to visit while we were in Istanbul. All in all an amazing stay. Thanks 👍

I expected a lot more from this hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

If this is called 5 star hotel, they should try to do their best for everything. I had to go down every time I needed something from reception cause nobody ever answered my calls when i called from my room, wi fi was not working 3 days. Even tho i informed them they were just showing me their phones and saying its working for them.

Clean good location but staff not friendly and very load slamming doors can’t get any sleep
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Staff seem not to care much about any requests I made. Doors were very loud slamming all night I didn’t get any sleep. I asked the staff to brake the party going on all night they never did. Phone wasn’t working so I didn’t get my wake up call. Taxi I ordered was never ordered.

Location and cleanliness

Istanbul is ideal place for family holidays with lots of tourist attraction places great shopping ma
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms are too small No complementary water supply Room services should be more prompt.

Good location Convenience of transport Tram and bus station nearby Carefour and restaurants within walking distance Nice swimming pool and open green space inside hotel complex

Good hotel, Tram station in front of the hotel ( good...

Room size

Good hotel, Tram station in front of the hotel ( good transportation), clean and good breakfast, room size not big but acceptable. Overall very good 👍

An excellent quiet property at a reasonable distance from...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room little bit small. But just a bit )

An excellent quiet property at a reasonable distance from the busy city center. Nice breakfast with a choice of local cheeses.

definitely a place to spend the night at.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Internet in the room was a little slow. Downstairs in the lobby things work fine and perfect

loved the location. Easy acces to the tram to take you to the European center of Istanbul. For food and breakfast we went outside. A short 5 min walk and you will find Turkish food all in one street across from the Hotel. It is surprisingly cheaper and locals are really nice and helpful. The hotel offers a sauna, hamam, fitness. House keeping was super sweet but so was the rest of the staff

The spa because I’m talk to time to take reservation for...
    • Double Room - Smoking

The spa because I’m talk to time to take reservation for massage and she tell me no way because it’s full so I think no have more women for massage or I think it’s to much small place

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff are very rude specially at the spa!! The breakfast wasn't a 4 stars hotel. The AC didn't work and they kept saying we'll fix it snd it didn't happen until our checkout

it's not a 5 start hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

centralized AC. My room temperature was 30 degree. I couldn't sleep. I tried to talk to the staff who almost kicked me out of the hotel for complaining.

price was okay

The location was right in front of a tram station which...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The location was right in front of a tram station which makes it very convenient and economical to get to the Sultanamet area. There was also a Carrefour market and a Bereket Doner (for delicious kebab meal) across the road for easy eating. Cabfare to airport is less than 50 lira.

I really appriciate Mr ALiRAZA at the front desk, i have...
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

I really appriciate Mr ALiRAZA at the front desk, i have known him since so many years, and he is really fantastic relationship manager, i really liked him a lot.

AIM
    • Double Room - Smoking

No compliments things ( at least water), the cleaning, we frequently asking for the same issue, hotel always crowding and rooms is very small.

Location, the foods quality is very good, flexibility in dealing with staffs, customer privacy, immediately processing with check in and check out and the Respects.

I liked the location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The worst thing in the hole hotel is the reception The receptionists are not professional. for example they may let you calling from your room for more than 10 minutes without answering! Especially a one called (ezgi) she is totally not polite

I liked the location

Great Luxurious hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The soundproof was poor in room 709, a couple in room 707 interrupted my sleep many times. Thanks god it took him less than 6 minutes everytime.

This hotel is a real 5 stars one! It’s so clean and the stuff were so helpful specially they all speak English. Moreover, the room was amazing and the bed was so comfortable where sometimes I felt that I don’t wanna leave the bed lol. The gym was a professional one with couple of free trainers and A personal trainer if you want one. The SPA looked great but I didn’t try it as I was somehow on a busy schedule. Also, I would like to thank Ahmet and Gülgün for texting me couple of times to ask if I need help and if everything is going alright.

Reception staff were so cooperative and friendly.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The WiFi network needs to improved ..it was unstable along the period of our stay in the hotel..

Reception staff were so cooperative and friendly..room are comfortable and clean specially the bathroom...location is good in front of tram station...Breakfast is wonderful..

Good option
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Need more staff mainly in the lounge. Some staff no friendly, and not all English fluent. Wifi signal was not very strong in room.

Location is good just opposite to Tram station with easy access to most attractions, also few min from Sultanahmet square. Room was clean and comfort.

Wonderful trip in beautiful Istanbul ❤️
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

1. Poor internet connection in all trip days and that bother me and my colleagues since it was business trip. 2. The medium clean in the room.

Thank you for hosting a beautiful trip in lovely Istanbul. The most was impressed me were the nice, helpful and friendly crew especially Mr. Ali since he was honest and sincere and did not hesitate to answer our questions and requests with his beautiful smile ,the rest of the crew was very kind as well the baggage carrier and everyone without exception. Çok teşekkürler and hope to see you again.

spacious and cleanest room, also for the area reception...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff not friendly, when i checked in and payed the room cost they keep some money as a guarantee, and the day of checking out they i asked for my rest money they told me they can not find any rest for me in the system, so i was in obligation to show them again my booking confirmation and lost one hour time to get back my money.

spacious and cleanest room, also for the area reception spacious.

Much better options elsewhere
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Every aspect could be much better. Reception, rooms, staff, everything.

Nothing, the standard in Istanbul is so much higher than this. Nothing was outstanding, the whole experience was of a service offered "just barely enough to survive"

I like the Sona and the turkish bath at the facility.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I like the Sona and the turkish bath at the facility. The hotel is very close to the tramway station literally 10 meters away, so i didn't worry about transportation.

Enjoyed my babymoon at holiday inn
    • Double Room - Smoking

I couldn't think of anything that was missing or was bad .. it was a good experience

Staff was good Breakfast was good Room was good Location was good Gym was good

Just The hotel location was superb near the tramp station...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was not helpful , noise from police cars, cause police station was close to the hotel🌚

Just The hotel location was superb near the tramp station and bus stop you can easily reach every location in Istanbul ☺️

Good location - it's tram station near the hotel, so you...
    • Double Room - Smoking

I was suprised not to get a bathrobe as I always get in hotels of the same level. Once we even were with one hand towel and one bath towel for two guests. I asked maid to help us and we got towels in the evening. As I understood there were a lot of guests (totally full), so there was such a problem with change of towels because of laundry.

Good location - it's tram station near the hotel, so you can easily go to the center of city. Tasty breakfast. Welcome stuff. Always ready to find solution of any problem you met during your staying in hotel. It's good place to stay in Istambul.

not worth it very bad hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the hotel facilites was dirty carbet on the hotel color is blue but becasue how old it is become green, receiption staff is slow i arrvied the hotel to 1 pm and did not get the room until 3:15 pm. i asked them to remove the alchool from the mini bar since i have childeren they told me to empty the mini bar u have to pay 5 lira for that. this hotel should be 3 star instead of 5 star.

I liked staying with the family it was quiet and safe.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Some rooms are small and I asked to change what was originally given to me, staff took 2 hours to re-arrange but finally gave us nice spacious double bed rooms. No Free Airport pickup service included.

Nice hotel, small swimming pool but clean, with free Sauna and gem. A bit far from sultan Ahmed Area, but near by metro station making it easy to travel around. Nice neighborhood with services in walking distance. Staff members were very professional, cooperative and polite.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing bad to be honest. I would highly appreciate if staff will smile sometimes, it looks they are not so happy with their job

Hotel is just opposite to Pazartekke tram station. Nice outdoor swimming pool. Quite comprehensive breakfast.

fair.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

the staff was really greedy they cared for us as long as we had to give them money.When we paid every thing they made an invoice of 250 tl of god knows what services they had rendered.

everything was really good,the ambience,the gentry,i loved swimming more than anything else.

Everythig are bad staff not cooperative ,room is dirty ...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Eveything as i said is bad, duety manager name nehal not cooperative not speak english well , she didnt inform house keeping to clean my room after i complain and this happen for 2 days

Everythig are bad staff not cooperative ,room is dirty ,nobody from all staff speak english,sevice is very bad simple order coming after minimum 30 min, swiming pool is dirty and

Family Vactions

No break fast included in the package, Room service was not up to the mark. Concierge was not very active.

Very good Location, very easy access to trams and major attraction of Istanbul.

Amazing Stay at a Most Welcoming and Fabulos Hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Soo lovely had a great impression of this hotel. The bedroom was very comfortable,clean and stylish. The view from the room was beyond beautiful I couldn't take my eyes off from the window. The customer service of this hotel was excellent most friendly and helpful receptionist ever. The location was also brilliant right beside the tram stop which takes you to all the sight seeing attractions without having to suffer to go through traffic the hotel is a 5 minute walk from the main shopping area. I could go on but suffice it to say I was very pleased with my stay, and although short and sweet this time, I hope to be back for a longer visit in the future.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Excellent place to stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This is my 2nd time I am staying in Holiday Inn Istanbul City and definitely will stay here again on my next trip to Istanbul. The hotel staff is very responsive and always ready to help, especially the reception staff. Very tasty breakfasts and a cozy restaurant on site. Все очень чисто и опрятно.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Not worth 5 starts and money i paid
    • Double Room - Smoking

Small rooms, not clean as I expect for a 5 starts hotel. 3 starts and its a lot for this hotel Not taking care about customers need, even most of time not to answer phones. Not clean bathrooms. And missing things they dont put each day. At least put the free drink water. 10 days i stayed here. Not even 1 day i found it. And each day something more is missing. Each day i should go to buy from market !! Open buffet is not rich at all. Some few kinds only. Room temperature was bad. Open window and its very noisy coz no soundproof. Close the window and the air conditioner is not working !! To ask from the first day the full amount of money before anything, and after this they dont take about customers. I can say a lot more about this stay. 3 over 10

I like the location. And the spa they have. Nothing more

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Over all it was good experience
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was no breakfast included that's didn't like

Nice property to stay in Istanbul it is 20 minutes away from historical icons and half an hour from Airport if there is no traffic, better use metro from /to airport

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

So So
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Air condition was set on 24C though I tried to set at 22. not comfortable room temperature. ceiling was wood, so heard people walk and drag tables. the sofa in my room was full of white spots, dont know if its milk or >>>> vent fan in bathroom was linked to other rooms, so you can hear others talk. pool was closed.

food in restaurant

The view from my room

food in restaurant

The location was amazing , the breakfast was good .
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The smell was bad , The gave me Smoking room instead non smoking room as i book .

The location was amazing , the breakfast was good .

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Staff, location
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms are small Swimming pool needs more care

Staff, location

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Location is perfect

The room was too small

Location is perfect Many shops close by

Location is great
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Service is not good, they didn’t even put complimentary water

Location is great

Very good
    • Twin Room - Smoking

Very good

5.5
    • Double Room - Smoking

Reception attitude Room and bathroom cleaning

Breakfast and cleanliness

Breakfast and cleanliness

I did not like anything about it

It was very noisy and dirty

I did not like anything about it

Family stay

Nice and clean hotel right outside tram line

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

the crew.

cleaning

the crew. location near the metro station.

okay

staff were indifferent

Hotel is too old, everything inside in the room, breakfast...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel is too old, everything inside in the room, breakfast its like milenium hotel...from 2000 years...

It is one star hotel

It is one star hotel

Not cleaning

Not cleaning

Breakfast was excellent

There is no free water in the property at our room

Breakfast was excellent

The swimming pool was amazing

The swimming pool was amazing

Too basic for holiday inn standards. Rooms are very very small. No space to open a suitcase also.
    • Double Room - Smoking

They give water only on the first day. Staff do not respond to phone calls. Breakfast is very very basic

Location is very good.

Very bad

Very relaxed

Room services...location...breakfast

Size of rome and clean

It is a good hotel but it’s value is high.
    • Double Room - Smoking

Expensive for a normal hotel

Great staff

• Standard Double or Twin Room

noise of the street vehicles. Room is not properly sounproof

Location, good n polite staff

Nice hotel

Location Clean rooms

Excellent customer service specially night staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Night duty staff was very helpful.

The Aircon was broken and the rooms were stuffy

The Aircon was broken and the rooms were stuffy

• Double Room - Smoking

They dont offer even a bottle of water

very small rooms.
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

very small rooms. no sound proof doors.

Location suits me.
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Location suits me. Stay was good.

Everything was good.
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was good. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Location is also good, tram station is close to hotel. Thanks a lot, guys!

The internet was not working in my room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The internet was not working in my room. I need to call them every time to fix internet.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The reception ( especially the lady that her name Ezgi, she is totally not polite ), the wifi is poor

Good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The lady at the reception. She didnt seem too friendly and approachable

The location was excellent