Reviews of Hotel Ipek Palas

Orhaniye Cad.No:9 Sirkeci, Fatih, 34420 Istanbul, Turkey

#1019 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Economy Double Room

The terrace was closed all the time but it was one of the reasons why I chose the hotel. There were a lot of food for the breakfast but there was no porridge or fruits(!) at all, even apples or bananas((

Location is perfect, it's 10 min walk from Sultanahmet and the quay. There is a mosque next to the hotel. Hotel staff was nice too.

• Economy Double Room

The room is too small and we can hear the noise of other rooms. Bad commodities in the room. Food in the breakfast wasn't good.

I liked the location, 10 minutes walk to great places like the blue mosque and all the transportation, restaurants ... I liked the staff and the atmosphere in the hotel was warm.

They give me deferent room ( I've booked superior room and they give me standard room which is smaller), I've spoke with the reception and they layed and insist that it is the same room, after that I contacted booking.com and sent photos for the room.... After 2 bad nights...they changed the room because they were fully booked and they just cheated me!!!!! فندق سيّء للغاية لأنهم لم يعطوني نفس نوع الغرفة وإنما أعطوني غرفة سيئة صغيرة ولم يستبدلوها الا بعد يومين بعدما قدمت شكوى وصور الغرفة الا إدارة موقع ال بوكينج

The location was very good

• Economy Double Room

Barely 1 star not even 4, breakfast is poor, furniture is old, can't say it's 4 star never

Room is very very very small , no facilities, fridge is not working

• Economy Double Room

Clean and tidy, cleaning service. When, in the last day, we go on breakfast, we stand table on the door: no coming! But when we come back to the our room, door is was opened (there was our private things and money, passports) and nobody in our room and cleaning also not done. Very strange situation.

Good location, about 10-15 of walking before city center and main sightings

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Economy Double Room

Terrace restaurant was closed. It was a pity, because I knew, that view would be excellent.

Location was excellent. Restaurant decoration was beautiful. Worth of money.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Economy Double Room

Staff were excellent particularly the staff member responsible for breakfast. Even getting us umbrellas the day it rained. Rooms were small but with good facilities and very clean Location was excellent for access to sultanamhet and surrounding areas.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Closure of restaurant. Location was central but difficult to access in taxis due to traffic congestion

The restaurant remained closed throughout our stay which was unfortunate

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Economy Double Room

For starters, I can understand that the staff night be under pressure for some reason, but at least a smile on the face could help. The staff had a rushy attitude so that I would pay and leave as soon as possible; when I went down to ask for the breakfast hall, the reception person told me pay 1st then have breakfast. I tried to pay with a credit card but it didn't work only because he didn't know how to use the machine properly. I said I'll go and get some cash after breakfast, and I was surprised by a ridiculous comment "but you will leave your luggage in your room. right ?"!!!! When I was in the room, he called me, shall I call a taxi now ?!! The room is tiny compared to other hotels of the same category and at cheaper prices.

The location is good, in the heart of Sirkeci area, so it allows one to talk nice walks close to the shore and the area is very live and safe. The breakfast is not bad, but they could add more kinds of Turkish bread.

• Economy Double Room

The lift was not reliable

Fantastic breakfast, a huge choice. Hot and Cold food

Required change in Breakfast

Staff

Well I stay here before but this time we didn't like that breakfast at alllllll

• Economy Double Room

The restaurant was closed as winter

Lovely room. Friendly room in the middle of all shops restaurants and attractions

• Economy Double Room

The room has no soundproofing

location and breakfast

Staff

• Economy Double Room

Hotel old and clean room and aircodition

Decor need updating. Carpets need cleaning . Room amenities need updating.

Good location and good access tram line. Restaurants near by.

Wifi poor Noisy Staff not friendly Broken fridge Bad breakfast

• Economy Double Room

Pas surpris et impeccable!

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Advice any one to use this hotel

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Lokasyon cok iyi, ısıtma çok iyi, kahvaltı çok iyi.( location is great, breakfast is great, heating is great)

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Big and Clean bed/

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

I don't remember

Everything is fine.nothing bad.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

Confusion around my multiple booking. Got assigned a single room despite booking a double room (initially for single use but modified for a double use after)

Location, price

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

Room was very small with double bed in and can get int o the bed from one side as the other side was touching the wall. Toilet did not flush. Water kept flowing in the toilet even after reporting to staff nothing was done after 5 hours. When we complained again the changed our room. Similar small room. No place for luggage.staff replies were abrupt and not helpful. On arrival no bell boy to take our luggage in for 10 minutes. Taxi driver kept calling him but tyhe would not send anyone. Only when my wife and I started to take the luggage in the bellboy suddenly appeared. When changing rooms again the bellboy says I will come in five minutes with your luggage as it was a different floor from the previous room. But did not come for half an hour we took our own luggage upstairs. We requested the reception for a cup of tea in the morning when we were leaving early 5 am. They refused although our room was booked on bed and breakfast basis. We heard the bellboy say in Turkey that we will not give him a tip why should he provide tea to us. After all this behaviour he expected a tip from me.rubbish hotel not worth even 2 stars. No tea making facilities in the room.

Breakfast was reasonable.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

The air condition kept breaking down. The hotel photos shown online are a little deceiving. I would have preferred breakfast on the terrace, as served in the past, rather than the lower ground

Location was perfect and staff were very friendly

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

I booked a double room - and it was tiny - not enough space for two people and luggage and the bed was up against the wall. The shower was tiny and luke warm at times, and there was no door or shower curtain to the shower which meant we flooded the bathroom every time we showered.

The location was excellent, the wifi was reliable and the staff are available 24/7 which is reassuring.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2015

You can't get shower because while bathroom is getting wet. You can't even use the toilet until your room gets cleaned next day.

Impressive location you can travel anywhere from the hotel via ferry, metro, trams, or marmaray( under see train to crossing to Anatolian part of Istanbul) I got it cheap so it was ok as I was using the hotel to sleep only it's isn't place to go and relax. Pay more and get elsewhere.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2015

the breakfast is not like in the picture in the top floor, is in the basement, but the restaurant is nice, the room is small but it is enough for two people. the worse thing is that the registration is in the nice part, but when you go to your room you actually have to go outside and enter by other door, like an added building, but since we booked the cheaper room for me was ok, the restaurant is the same for everybody so equal service.:)

The breakfast is awesome, there are many choises of local food, for outside the hotel looks nice. the price was good for the room we got. the location is really central from the main places to visit. There is a free coffe or turkish in the afternoon but you have to ask for it.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

This was second time to stay at the Hotel Ipek Palas and I did not regret it. Staff has been pleasant and friendly, room was clean, breakfast wonderful. I stayed with mom and a friend so we had triple bedroom. It was spacious and it was actually combination of single room and double room so we had 2 bathrooms which was very convenient. We had plenty of space in the room, it was cleaned daily, I loved that we had water heater in the room so we could make tea and coffee. Location of the hotel is excellent because it is in a walking distance from major historic monuments (Hagia Sophia, Blue mosque, Topkapi, Basilica Cisterns, etc.). We barely had to use public transportation because we spent most of the time in the Sultanahmet area and in general walked a lot everywhere. There is a convenient store very close to the hotel so we were able to buy water and other necessities. When I travel to Istanbul again I am planning to stay in this hotel again definitely. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2015

The road outside the hotel was wrecked and there was no way to approach the entrance without provoking an injury. The room was very small. Ac power were broken. Could not charge our cell phones. Tv was half working. The breakfast is served in the basement instead of the lovely rooftop, where it used to be 4 years ago when we first came to ipek palas. It is a shame seeing a nice hotel becoming something lesser.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2015

Free wi-fi was quite poor and I was able to connect from time to time. To be honest purpose of my trip was leisure so being without internet was actually not big of a deal.

Hotel staff is very pleasant and friendly; room is very clean and cleaned on daily basis; breakfast is rich and has good selection; Hotel is located very close to the Sirkeci tram station so it is easy to find it as well as to walk around historic parts of Istanbul.

• Reviewed: 18 April 2016

mini bar filled and tea and coffee should be in all rooms.showers could do with a door not just glass.

very happy for all sightseeing

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

The towels need replacing with new ones as they are worn out.

Generally good all round hotel. The view from the top floor restaurant is amazing.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

A/C wasn't working.

Very good location for sightseeing, walking distance to all the main artractions

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

Excellent location

• Reviewed: 15 August 2015

poor wifi and aircondition

very friendly staff, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

The hotel is large and impersonal.

My request to change to a quieter room was handled promptly and efficiently.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

Air-conditioning system needs to improved.

Good location & breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 June 2015

Rooms are not very clean !

The city .. Food .. Weather and people were so nice ..

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

Great location, super friendly staff, very helpful, comfortable and clean place, breakfast buffet was great with lots of varities

• Reviewed: 24 May 2015

wifi&rooms a bit small

Staff&breakfast

There are also 11 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Ipek Palas traveller photo gallery