Reviews of Hotel Houston 4 stars

Güniz Sokak No:26 Kuğulu Park Mevki Kavaklidere, 06700 Ankara, Turkey

#38 of 173 hotels in Ankara

It was our third time staying at this hotel. There were some unpleasant matters in previous staying. But this time there was nothing to complain about.

Quite location, less noisy, good for walking. Shopping malls, stores, cafe and restaurants all are in a walking distance. Friendly staff.

People did not speak English very well. When I arrive late at night they told me the restaurant was open but only through room service and serving only soups and french fries?!?! It was late, I was tired and hungry and had to eat the snacks in the mini bar. No real food served by the room service. No adequate treatment to the clients. Not really a 4 star hotel.

The room was comfortable and spacious.The bathroom was nice!

The staff is not professional except for one person only. we got charged twice and had to fix that problem. I was told as I checked out that I was not charged at all although I had the booking receipt. I asked the woman to get us a shuttle bus to the airport or a taxi but she failed to do so. I also asked about a restaurant I found on google maps, and she again failed to direct me although it was on the same road of the hotel. So there were many issues regarding professionalism of the staff. Also, the air conditioner never worked so the room was very hot and we slept with the windows open all night which was not very comfortable not knowing what can walk in. In the morning I had 2 pigeons visiting my room and walking on the carpet hoping to find food. It was OK with me but maybe others would be scared.

Breakfast was good. The location is near the main shopping street but it was uphill so if someone has issues going hill, then a taxi will be needed. TThe hotel is good and clean but the staff need to be better trained.

The weather indoors was very hot but the hotel refused to turn on the cold air conditioning One of the receptionists was very inefficient and did not have an answer to many of our questions

The hotel is a bit on the expensive side considering its rating; however, with all the pros I mentioned, I can highly recommend it if you can afford that higher price.

The hotel is located in a great location. The staff are one of the friendliest I've ever seen in a hotel. The reception/check-in as well as the check-out were done pretty fast. The room is large, especially for a solo traveler. It was very quiet and comfy during my stay. The room aircon worked well to heat the room as my stay was in winter. The bathroom was equipped with a bathtub. The room and the bathroom were clean overall. The room service was done thoroughly and regularly. I had no issues on connecting to the WiFi. It was stable most of the time with a fast connection speed. The breakfast buffet is served at the top floor with an amazing view over Ankara, and includes a good selection of food, drinks, and greens. Again, the staff were very helpful and quick on preparing and serving the toasts and beverages.

You hardly see any one working except one at reception. There is no bellboy to help you with the luggage. Also rooms do not get clean unless you ask them.

Receptionist or the only staff I saw was very friendly.

nothing. :)

Since we have our baby, the stay in a hotel was uncomfortable due to small size of beds. But this hotel stuff has reserved one double and one single bed together. Then it was very comfortable to sleep. Room was enough big and cosy. In several hotel you can hear when neighboor gast uses the toilet or tap but here it was very good isolated.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

The hair dryer in our room wasn't working, and the staff was not helpful at all. They could not provide a backup hair dryer or move us to another room. The most annoying part of this was the attitude we received from the people in the reception. After check-in, we were rushing out of the hotel to go to our event and told the person in the reception that the dryer is not working. He was quite annoyed by this. First he said there is nothing he can do about it, then he said that they could keep another room unreserved so that we can change the rooms when we come back in the night. But the way he said this made it sound like we are the guilty ones and we are losing them money, by forcing them to keep another room unreserved. Then, of course, when we returned from our event in the night, there was no other room to change to - all rooms were booked. So the person just lied about making it possible. Even if there is nothing they can do (which is also not acceptable for such a high-rated hotel), they should try to be more friendly in such a matter. In the end, we couldn't take a shower, since it was cold and we didn't want to get ill. Another issue was that, in my booking it was written that I will pay at the hotel. As a frequent booking.com user I know that this is how it is usually done. But on check-out I learned that they just withdrew the money from my credit card, which wasn't nice since there are currency rates applied to the card. When I complained about this, saying that I should be able to pay at the hotel, the person again was not friendly at all.

The location, the room, and the breakfast was fine. This could have been a nice 1-night stay in our busy weekend, but it unfortunately wasn't.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

- TV channels: absence of channels in Russian. Despite there were Turkish, Arabic and English channels; - Bathroom: it needs some refurbishment; - There was just one bedroom-slippers. But after requiring we were provided with another one. - Main trouble: before our arrival I required for early accommodation. Couple of days later I received confirmation from the hotel and I was informed that it would be free of charge. At the check-in desk on our first day I paid the amount that was shown at the booking.com not worrying about additional payment. However, when we were planning to leave the hotel there was unpleasant and very disappointing moment: I had to paid for the first night despite the confirmation and the fact that we came 8 hours earlier. I have doubts about coordination between booking.com and the hotel. So please be aware in advance.

It would be better to make a list of advantages of the hotel: - Check-in: it took just 5 minutes. - Location: close to public transport, restaurants, shops and public park; - Staff: educated and friendly personnel; -Accommodation: it was nice and comfortable. During our stay our room was cleaned every day. -Breakfast: at the 8th floor with beautiful view of the city. Breakfast might be better. It was similar with 3 star hotels. But overall we were satisfied.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

breakfast music (loud American music) was annoying. the AC being off most of the time in September, despite dozens of my requests to turn it on, was quite uncomfortable and annoying.

breakfast good.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

the hotel does not run air conditioning in September to save money. Over 12 days, I called reception and went to their desk probably 20 or 25 times, asking that they turn on the air conditioning. Our room was hot. They always promised to turn it on soon, but usually did not. There were few guests there at the time, and the hotel was clearly trying to save money by not having the AC on, but at the expense of our comfort. Also, the staff chose loud, annoying American pop music, mostly from the 1980s and current, a very weird mix, and as an American, this was the very last thing I wanted to hear blaring while I ate a Turkish breakfast looking over the beautiful city of Ankara. Play Turkish music for goodness' sake.

staff is friendly. breakfast is good. location is terrific. price is good. I've stayed here on two occasions, in all for about three weeks.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Hotel does not keep AC on, and over our extended stay, I asked the staff literally dozens of time for the AC to be turned on as our room was hot. Sometimes this worked, sometimes it did not. There was always an excuse and always a promise. The hotel was obviously trying to save money because there were few guests, but in mid September, our rooms and our parents room were truly uncomfortable much of the time. The hotel was totally unresponsive to our repeated requests over a 12 day period to have the AC turned on permanently for our rooms.

Breakfast, good location, and good price

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

the hotel did not have air conditioning, and over our extended stay, I called reception and went to reception desk in person literally several dozen times, asking that that the cold air conditioning be turned on. There was always an excuse and always a promise that it would be fixed soon. Sometimes they turned the air conditioning on for us, but more than half of the time they did not. They said a few times the weather outside was mild so the AC was off, but our room and my parents room was at times uncomfortably warm. It was clear that the hotel was trying to save money by keeping the AC off. Also, during breakfast, the hotel staff played loud American music (an absurd and annoying variety of 1980s and contemporary pop music). The music was neither peaceful or enjoyable. The hotel should play Turkish music given that we and many other guests would rather hear soft, Turkish music rather than obnoxious American music from the 1980s and present.

the cost and location. The first day breakfast was served on a plate as there were only a few guests, but after the first day the hotel had a very nice breakfast, for the next ten days.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Everything was good, there is nothing I didn't like.

The location was perfect, it is close to the shopping street but away from its noise. The staff was very friendly and tended to our every need right away. Our room was normal in size, very clean and comfortable. I would definately stay there again when in Ankara.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The in room massage wasnt available even though it was mentioned. But the more interesting thing is Air condition was not working and when i ask and request it , the staff said it was the management's order to close. After some talk they accept to open it but only air ventilation was open within all my stay. Trying to fool the customer is also pathetic. Overall it was horrible. I'll never stay again in this property and they can make sure that i'd not suggest to anyone as well. it is pretty funny actually that these kind of mindsets are still in the hotel business.

Only the staff i can say , since they are extremely friendly.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

Was a problem with breakfast (became really small in the end), and after for one night they turn off airconditicion when it was hot outside. Sometimes was problem with cold water. Not sure that will stay next time agin in the same place.

Nice rooms, close to the busses and streets with food and shops.

Bedroom lighting

Location and very good value

Breakfast room at the roof was exellent

the business center

the services

Location, clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Everything was good for the price.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

its location was very good and everything was excelent

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

nicely place and staff, you will find everything you need

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The staff were very cooperative

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

The wi-fi connection was poor...

A perfect quiet area with a handy accessibility .really liked the interior design .

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

The Room so hot and no Aircondition active at this time

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Comfortable and excellent service

• Reviewed: 12 November 2015

the worst hotel . the food was raw and food did not match the menu When I told I put real comment about bad service they said - we don't care

• Reviewed: 7 November 2015

Nice room but Couldn't sleep of air condition volume

• Reviewed: 5 October 2015

city view...

• Reviewed: 19 August 2015

Nimic . Nothing.

Everything was very good: location, breakfast, cleaning. Totul a fost f bine: locația, micul dejun, curățenia.

• Reviewed: 8 May 2015

wifi

• Reviewed: 20 January 2015

I've received an upgrade, the room is nice and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2015

Really good staf and their face always laughing, clean and perfect rooms. Modern design rooms and perfect price.

There are also 23 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Houston traveller photo gallery