Reviews of InterContinental Istanbul 5 stars

Asker Ocagi Cad. No :1, Taksim, Beyoglu, 34435 Istanbul, Turkey

#330 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

Great comfortable hotel
    • Standard Room with City View

The location, it lays a bit far from the touristic places to be seen in sultanahmet as the topkapi and hagia sophia. The price we got on booking.com was more than 35 euro higher when we had to pay for four nights than we agreed on the website.

I liked the marble bathroom, the location right next to taksim square, the hotel bar on the top floor with an extraordinary view. The swimming pool is big enough to swim lengths for sport. The staff is always friendly and speaks lots of different languages.

The location was great just perfect distance from everything...
    • Standard Room with City View

The location was great just perfect distance from everything and far enough from all the noise I have arrived on a late fight Was not comfortable of the first choice I was given and it was changed to another rooms for me and my kids I Have to say thank you * Ms. Havva * for her prompt response and action to my concerns regarding the rooms she has done an amazing job with the room and the flowers also Ms Gulten Fast service from front desk

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

By and large it was quite good
    • Standard Room with City View

The bed mattress is too soft and the sleeping cover is heavy . Otherwise the room is good

The hotel has a very nice and elegant atmosphere , the staff were also very friendly and efficent

Bad experience from reception staff.
    • Standard Room with City View

They charge more than USD300 as deposit is Turkish Lira and they did not reversed the transaction until now. I think there will be a difference in exchange rate that the customer will pay. They also charge a 15 Euro for emptying the refrigerator. The check in and out take a time because the number of customers are more than the employees.

The lobby, the furniture and the location

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Nice
    • Standard Room with City View

Room entrance design a little bit uncomfortable. Price of breakfast does not reflect what was written in booking.com website ''Breakfast available for....''. It is nearly the double

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

I came on day at night they disable us from entering the...
    • Standard Room with City View

I came on day at night they disable us from entering the room because they tell us we need to pay money for our room dinning order ! Omg 5 star hotel treat custmers this way ! Called the reception to send someone to clean the room and when we came back they just make the beds and thats it ! Even the bathroom they didnt enter I dont beleive this is an intercontinintal hotel at all Very bad hotel and very bad location taksim is a bad location many theifes and not safe.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Friendly staff, good location, breakfast was nice with lots...
    • Standard Room with City View

Hotel is a bit old in need of renovation. Everything works well though and is clean (just to be clear)

Friendly staff, good location, breakfast was nice with lots of options

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Nice place, will come back sure
    • Standard Room with City View

The toilets are a little bit old. The internet is slow sometimes and is not free for the high price we paid for the stay

Staff are very friendly and helpful in the reception. Breakfast is really good but a little bit expensive. I would come back sure at the same hotel. Very good location and fantastic pool and rooms are really big

Need improvement
    • Standard Room with City View

There is no enough plug in the room to charge your mobile Since I stayed in the room there was a lot of hair under the sink The carpet is very old in the room

The bed was comfy They a lot of variety of the breakfast

Lovely hotel for short business trip
    • Standard Room with City View

The location is not a suitable place if you would like to walk around and have decent food. It’s very crowded and very dirty location The bed was not comfortable at all even after we asked to changed two times The prices for restaurants and in room dining are terrible overpriced for Turkey

Beautiful hotel, clean and very friendly staff

5.5
    Worst hotel experience
    • Standard Room with City View

I had many issues , specially wrong bills being delivered , staff's english language was bad , i over paid 400 usd due to currency change because they got the deposit in turkish lira

Just the location

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

InterContinental will always be my choice
    • Standard Room with City View

The room was a bit dusty, especially where towels & toilet papers are put, I had to clean by my self. The receptionist made me wrong calculation at the point of check out & asked me to pay more than I should, I had to discuss with her till I proved she was wrong & that made me tensed & angry unfortunatley

The location of the room & the view, the bed & the smart tv, the size of the room & the equipments, the toilet was well equipped

Istanbul short visit
    • Standard Room with City View

First time in long years my request for late checkout (for 1 hour only) is declined. Sent email to IGH rewards program. Got auto reply that I'd get response within 48 hours...didn't get any response.

Location. Facilities. Comfort. Cafe open till late. They indirectly disallowed smoking water pipe (Hokkah, shisha) by making it very expensive.

Highly recommended
    • Standard Room with City View

All Good -- no problem whatsoever. The Hotel is a bit dated but still can easily qualify as a Global 5 Star property

The location is excellent and the staff even as the Hotels were booked at 100% has been extremely friendly. It is the small things that count - from the bellboy to the Reception and the Restaurants made the Hotel stand out!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

It was splendid
    • Deluxe Room with Bosphorus View

The breakfast didn’t really meet my expectation

The hotel is very neat and comfortable. The workers are very dependable, nice and ready to help. I really enjoyed my stay and will visit again.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Everything was good.
    • Standard Room with City View

We weren’t given a room with king size bed as we had requested. We had to wait for two nights to move to another room.

Everything was good. Staff were helpful. Location is amazing and very close to Taksim square.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Exceeded our expectation!
    • Standard Room with City View

We were upgraded to a junior suite with a sea view and 360 over istanbul! That was a much appreciated gesture from the staff at the reception who despite that the hotel was overbooked, she provided us with an upgrade to accommodate our early Check in! Thanks a million!

Amazing Staff & Hotel
    • Standard Room with City View

We loved everything about the hotel. Location was excellent, staff was outstanding, breakfast was amazing, the concierge was fabulous, Pool & Spa was great. We did do a lot of tours and the hotel was able to arrange it. We arrived a few hours earlier than the regular check-in time but they were able to let us check in. We had a late flight so they prepared breakfast boxes for us. Thier customer service was top notch.

Good but not Great!
    • Standard Room with City View

We had to wait for 1 hr and 30 min as our other 2 rooms were not prepared.to which the manager did apologize but it was really stress full not getting yr rooms ready with a family of 7 in a five star hotel!

Hotel it self was nice ,location was excellent.

Fabulous
    • Standard Room with City View

The furniture is a bit old but that’s fine

The staff are so friendly and helpful! I will definitely come again and book the same hotel next trip to istanbul!!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

One of the best hotels in Istanbul.
    • Standard Room with City View

Nothing really. We wish there’ll be better rates for using the spa for guests though.

One of the best hotels in Istanbul. Excellent location, beautiful views, spacious rooms and very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

I reserved the hotel for my family member .
    • Standard Room with City View

I reserved the hotel for my family member . I was not a guest . I paid full reservation fee with my debit card. But when my family arrived to the hotel, they charged them agin. However they refund money to my account , I was not satisfied . Because the whole purpose of reserving room for my family was to make them happy. ( I told them you are my guest , go and enjoy the hotel). Also I asked them please refund the money to them and charge my account . I told them I don’t need money, but they are my guest so they need cash. But they didn’t do that. So if you are reserving the hotel for somebody else just keep this situation in mind.

No value for money.
    • Standard Room with City View

The carpet/rug in the room was not properly vacuum cleaned. Rooms look kind of old and not up to the usual standards of Intercontinental. Had to ask multiple times for something in the bathroom to be fixed but to no avail. Staff at the reception isn't very welcoming. I dealt with 3 in total and 2 of them barely smile. One lady told us we;ll have city views from the room because the hotel is on a "hill" but we could only see the pool. All in all, I'd definitely come back to Istanbul but not staying in the same hotel. Too over priced for what it offers.

Location of the hotel was good; a walking distance to Taksim Square, Dolmabaca Saray and Istiqlal street. Hagia Sophia and Sultan Ahmet area can be reached by public transportation/ taxi. But going around the area, there are plenty of hotels with the same advantageous location

The hotel taxi dropped me at the airport and driver asked me...
    • Standard Room with City View

The hotel taxi dropped me at the airport and driver asked me for extra money which is bridge across fees. He did not tell me that at the beginning. The price was 108 lira and he asked me for 40 lira bridge fee😠😠😠

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

the stay was great location hospitality cleanliness and...
    • Standard Room with City View

only little disturb from silly clients at the floor hall way

the stay was great location hospitality cleanliness and specially the recieption lady was amazing giving us excellent room as we said to her we are first time at yr hotel so let us come back again .

It had a modern and fresh feel to it which is something I...
    • Standard Room with City View

There was nothing not to like.

It had a modern and fresh feel to it which is something I personally search for in a hotel. The best part was that the hotel was in the hub of Istanbul and places we generally went to were quite close. I like to recommend Intercontinental hotel although it’s bit pricey

Inconsistent quality
    • Deluxe Room with Bosphorus View

I had two stays at the hotel, on consecutive weeks, and at different points in time. The first stay was great, the second stay, the club room was dirty. The carpets had not been vacuumed, the furniture had dust and there was food crumbles from the previous guests. The bathroom had hairs all over the shower and sink. I called housekeeping to solve the issue, when I returned to the room it was still dirty. I had to call a second time, and be there. The maid came but vacuumed lightly in less than three minutes and went away without solving the issue. It seemed as if the room was not cleaned from the previous guest.

The hotel is safe, with nice facilities and excellent restaurants. The room is confortable and has a good size. The view to the Bosphorus is great!

The hotel has excellent restaurants and stores.
    • Deluxe Room with Bosphorus View

Although the restaurants are excellent they are somehow expensive. The maids sometimes forgot to replenish the towels in the bathroom.

The hotel has excellent restaurants and stores. The room was clean and well illuminated. The space was big.

The location was very good it’s close to everywhere,...
    • Standard Room with City View

Staff are not friendly and they don’t welcome a guest at all they just check in and that’s all, they don’t even ask anything, as well check out they didn’t ask how was your stay normal all hotels ask, we flew from Oman to Istanbul and we couldn’t open bags we were tired wants to sleep we ask for tooth brush they don’t have 5 star hotel shame

The location was very good it’s close to everywhere, breakfast was really goog

Staff was polite, so we enjoyed the stay, and we would like to come again.
    • Deluxe Room with Bosphorus View

The Mini bar prices were as high as 12 times compared to the nearby street rates. For instance, one medium-sized water bottle costs only 2 Turkish liras at the nearby Gezi park. At the property per se, costs 23 Turkish liras as per room rate.

The InterContinental Istanbul location was close to vibrant city life near Gezi park and Beyoğlu, Taksim, however the property was quiet, and safe. The staff were considerate & attentive. They remembered my birthday with a surprise! That was a thoughtful gesture. I am content that we have had a room with the stunning Bosphorus (Boğazı) view. The breakfast was great, and the dinning hall staff during the breakfast reception were kind and cheerful on everyday. The service was professional, the tables and towels were clean. The food suites every taste. Generally, English is understood inside the hotel, and few communicate in Arabic. Outside the property, the opposite is true. That was important when requesting guidance and advice, looking for instructions on how to use the tram, taxi, or which station to take going to malls, hospitals, tourist venues, and shopping outlets.

Very nice hotel with efficient and courteous staff and in a good location.
    • Deluxe Room with Bosphorus View

The hot food choice at breakfast was okay but my expectation was that there would be more variety.

The hotel was very pleasant. The facilities are good, in particular the pool and the seating around the pool. The bar on the upper floor was very nice and had a great view.

excellent in General but bad in facellity prices
    • Standard Room with City View

- house keeping little bit need improvement . - in room dining prices is very expensive . - Spa & Turkish bath prices is also very expensive .

every thing was almost excellent , the location in taksim , near metro station , near tunnel to tram , the coffee shop at the top is wonderful view , great support and great staff indeed .

Great location and good facilities
    • Standard Room with City View

The rooms are dated. Need to be refurbished/modernised.

Good food, great bar, great location, friendly staff, excellent gym and spa, spacious room.

The location is very good, in Taksim, close to Istiklal...
    • Deluxe Room with Bosphorus View

The furniture is a little bit old The hair dryer is not performant The TV model is very old; it should be changed

The location is very good, in Taksim, close to Istiklal Avenue The breakfast is well diversified, but nothing fabulous The view of the Bosphorus deluxe room is very nice The bed is confortable No noise from outside at least if you stay on an upper floor

Location is excellent.

Room service prices (in euros) were ridiculously high. I am ready to pay a premium service not to be ripped off!

Location is excellent. Deluxe room with Bosphorus view was amazing. Breakfast buffet was perfect. Staff very efficient and discreet

It has a great location, the cleanliness of the rooms and...
    • Deluxe Room with Bosphorus View

The prices for the food are to high

It has a great location, the cleanliness of the rooms and the facilities are great! Definitely if I will go back we will stay to the same hotel

loved everything, especially the staff.
    • Standard Room with City View

there wasn't anything that was missing... nothing I didn't like.

loved everything, especially the staff... From the room cleaning lady to the staff out on the terrace, they always looked to make our stay super comfortable. Couldn't not be happier with the staff.

Very large rooms.
    • Standard Room with City View

Many homeless people around the hotel and all the way to Taksim Square some would follow you until you reach the square. It was uncomfortable.

Very large rooms. Taksim metro station is within 1 min walk from the hotel.

The hotel has reported to the police about prostitution in...
    • Standard Room with City View

The hotel has reported to the police about prostitution in my Ghazfati with my sermon and I will not book it at all and will not recommend my friends and people to this hotel

An amazing stay at an amazing hotel in an awesome hotel.
    • Standard Room with City View

Pillows & mattress were soft & a tad uncomfortable.

Stayed here a few years ago - immaculately preserved with high levels of service excellence. Oyko at reception was amazing. Great location & only a short walk to Taksim square & Istiklal street. Beautiful foyer & great ambience. Rooms spacious & airy. 7 star breakfast. Good quality free WiFi. Excellent value for money. Same old magnificent Intercon.

Great place, good value, love the view
    • Standard Room with City View

Airport shuttle was way too expensive, local taxi was a tenth of the price. Waiters didn’t understand the value of customer care, they were too matter of fact and none caring, polite but not endearing.

great location, lovely rooms, wish I could take the pillows home

Nice Hotel
    • Standard Room with City View

Toilets need renovation.. it is clear that they are old.. also prices of the spa and Veranda cafe are very high.. I suggest they reduce prices to get more use of these facilities.

The location is suitable for those who want ro stay around Taksim square.. wifi is good.. their spa and massage service was excellent.

Amazingly amazing
    • Standard Room with City View

The furniture needs to be changed as many new hotels are coming in to the business in Istanbul and the competition is very high.. However the overall comfort matters the most and I personally choose that over anything else. Hence my next stay in Istanbul is still definitely going to be intercontinental

The staff are really helpful and the location is perfect... This was my third time in Istanbul and also third time to intercontinental.. Can't go elsewhere..I think I'm so spoilt with them, that I can't book myself with any other hotel! Even if i find a cheaper offers...

Eventhough everything was pretty nice (hence a good mark),...
    • Deluxe Room with Bosphorus View

Eventhough everything was pretty nice (hence a good mark), there was one huge hickup - room wasn't ready by the time we arrived (even later than check in time), it was ready only hours later. I hope to get some reaction from administration in person on this, including a partial refund.

Friendly staff & helpfull
    • Standard Room with City View

The bathroom is old fashion & the sink was not working properly . the room is small & the A/C was not cold enough . Unfortunately the hotel does not have resurrection & policy to avoid hookers 😡

Friendly staff & helpfull

• Standard Room with City View

Very old, rusty and DIRTY! No one cleaned up the mess properly.. a strand of hair was there on the side of the tub as soon as we arrived and i stayed quiet to see if they clean, it stayed there for 4 nights! They only refreshed towels and wiped the sink surface. No one changed the bed sheets except when we literally asked them to. We had to wait for at least half and hour up to an hour every time we need something from room service or reception. Ive never seen a 5 star hotel that does NOT provide free usage of adapters

• Standard Room with City View

The room furnitures are very old .. the couch had a hole..and the toilet as well is old and the shower tap is broken!!.. the telephone was not working well.. there was a sound in the AC .. the whole rooms should be renovated .. for a five start hotel and specifically for this brand, the quality of the rooms are unacceptable ..

One of the best hotels nearby Taksim
    • Standard Room with City View

Option for adding breakfast is extremely expensive (about 40 euro Prices in Lobby for simple drinks like coffee/ tea is high

Location (less than 10min from Taksim if your intention is to be in Taksim Area) Staff extremely friendly Very Clean Rooms Great view from rooms

Exceptional hotel. Much recommended.
    • Standard Room with City View

The pool was closed which we understand is due to the season. Although it was late April and nice warm weather. Room service people were nice although at times they forgot to keep any cups for us and we had to keep requesting.

Great service, perfect location (2 mins walk to Taksim square) with breathtaking views of the bosphorous. The cafe/restaurant at the top gives 360 view of the beautiful city. Exceptional hotel!

Not bad
    • Standard Room with City View

There is a big difference between intercontinental Geneva and intercontinental İstanbul regarding the staff. I hope teach the staff at intercontinental İstanbul how to be more friendly with the clients

The proximity to taksim sqaure

Overall excellent.
    • Standard Room with City View

Room service food quality could be a little better. Also a few More English tv channels.

Very clean and posh. Helpful staff when you needed help. Excellent views from the bedroom. Nice breakfast food.

bad restaurant rude management. saffron rest
    • Standard Room with City View

resturant specially saffron rest. the staff and the service were rude and below expectation. the food and the menu it is not a 5 star hotel. just has nice view. that's all

Not the best experience
    • Standard Room with City View

The area is TOO noisy, you can hear everything happening down from the roads. The rooms are old and needs a serious renovation.

The lobby is the only good part I enjoyed.

Location, view from bosphorous room, lobby, restaurants,...
    • Deluxe Room with Bosphorus View

Needs renovation, u need to be careful with the bath tub while going in and out

Location, view from bosphorous room, lobby, restaurants, room size, nice small garden outside the hotel lobby with great hooka!

Enjoyable, but.... Won’t do it again.
    • Deluxe Room with Bosphorus View

The City Lights bar. We chose the Intercontinental especially for the view of the Bosphorus offered by the bar. But our evenings were spoiled by the live music played by Orka Orchestra. TOO LOUD for a nice, quiet but expensive bar.

Everything in the hotel, especially the breakfast.

A bid overpriced, but all in all a good experience.
    • Deluxe Room with Bosphorus View

Outdated style of the bathroom, the loud level of noise coming from the rooftop bar, dirty windows.

Great view of the Bosphorus, very comfortable bed, extremely accommodating pillow menu, lobby area perfect for lounging.

it was alright .. nothing special.
    • Standard Room with City View

The furniture was old, room sound proofing & check in process was too slow.

The Location, The hotel facilities & roof top lounge and restaurants.

Excellent hotel worth staying again
    • Standard Room with City View

Pillows were too soft. But I am sure if I asked they would have given a better one.

Location..next to Taksim square and plenty of restaurants, money changers, supermarkets, tour operators, etc nearby.

average hotel, Good location
    • Standard Room with City View

Old hotel Room lighting isn’t enough Small bathroom Bad smell in the room specially the carpet Valet parking staff a little slow and rude A/C wasn’t cooling until I asked for technician to fix

Very nice hotel, super friendly staff
    • Standard Room with City View

There was some constant noise in our room on 17th floor (we were next to some kind of machine room and I think it was the reason). Walls between hotel rooms are pretty thin, we could easily hear our neighbors.

Friendly and helpful staff Always clean Nice view from hotel room and top floor restaurant Good location

Nice place for a short vacation.
    • Standard Room with City View

The rooms were very small, I stayed with my mother in one room and we couldn't even find a proper place to put our luggage. some staff were friendly and helpful, yet some will look annoyed if you approach them, or if you ask a lot of questions.

The location, and the fact that they provided my family rooms in the same floor. The service guy outside the main entrance was the friendliest among the staff. This hotel was kind enough to keep our extra bags with them for 3 days while my family and I went on a trip to another city.

the room and the view.
    • Standard Room with City View

i was expecting better treatment welcoming and check in.. when i did the reservation they charge it to my visa and upon my arrival the reception requested a deposit amount of 500-600$ for the mini bar or to charge me 50$ nonrefundable to lock the mini bar.. It is the worst experience i ever had even the other 5 star hotels does not hold this policy.. IT IS MY LAST TIME THERE

the room and the view.. cleanness and UBER driver

Great stay. Wonderful hotel in a beautiful city.
    • Standard Room with City View

The matress was a bit too soft and the furniture needs some upgrading.

The location is amazing. In the heart of Taksim and 2 mins walk to Istiklal street where all the action is. The metro station and the Havabus that takes you from and to the airport are both 20 seconds away.

Warm and welcoming hotel with comfortable rooms, good service.
    • Standard Room with City View

I would have preferred a sea view though the city view was good too.

Excellent breakfast with a wide choice. Well located hotel within walking distance of Taksim Square and Istiklal, the main pedestrian boulevard with numerous restaurants and shops. Staff were friendly and helpful. The rooftop restaurant has excellent views of the Bosphorus. The room was spacious with ceiling to floor window.

Clean , comfortable , near taksim square , polite and...
    • Standard Room with City View

Heavy traffic in rush hours around hotel , I wish hotel had indoor pool , Expensive mini bar

Clean , comfortable , near taksim square , polite and friendly staffs and generously I received early check in (6 hours) without being charged .

It was great and pleasurable.
    • Standard Room with City View

There was no an indoor swimming pool to be used during cold seasons.

The hotel’s location and facilities are so great. It’s a closed to Taksim Meydan and Istiklal street. The spacious room with a comfortable bed was on upper floor which has a nice view on Bosphoru.The overall cleanliness level of the hotel was high as well as the security. The staffs were helpful and collaborative. The wifi was good and accessible at all areas of the hotel.

The view from my room was very nice.
    • Standard Room with City View

I wasn’t informed that they will heed an extra $200 under the room charge just Incase you use anything from the minibar or ask for something from room service, and if you didn’t they give it back when you check out. I would’ve rather be informed before.

The view from my room was very nice. I told them it was a very special trip and they took care of us. We also asked for a late check out and they did it without any extra charge.

It was very comfortable, fun & memeroble experiance
    • Standard Room with City View

- Cleaning Services as same soap were used for 3-4 days (not changed) - Lack of towels especially the 2 small ones were not provided - Breakfast meals/bread were not well prepared( ex. Omelet was massy, not too many fruits desert, brown bread very limited) - persons @ the reception desk need to smile & more welcoming.

- Location - SPA, restaurant & services -

The location is very convenient and very closed to Taksim...
    • Standard Room with City View

Cleanless - we have marked the cover & bed sheets in order to check if they are changing them on daily basis but they didnt

The location is very convenient and very closed to Taksim square

Wonderful
    • Standard Room with City View

Hotel VIP Taxi Driver is confused and could have coincided with me when I protested, he started to vilification and got out of his car for the fight

Good Location with taksim square view Classic interior design have very good caracter Good breakfast

we enjoy Istanbul more because of intercontinental hotel
    • Standard Room with City View

the location is excellent , the,staff, concierge all good shopping mall is near , and entertainment restaurant very close , roof top bar with singer night amazing

The location and the facilities of the hotel made my travel to Istanbul successfully.
    • Deluxe Room with Bosphorus View

The room was large and the bed was comfortable. The staff were very kind and available. The room service was great and very kind. The lobby of the hotel is good organized and clean.The Turkish tee was Delicious.

Just loved it and would definitely return
    • Standard Room with City View

House keeping was little slow

Location is the best part, near taksim & metro station, easy to reach sultanment & also one station from nasantasi area..

Ok
    • Standard Room with City View

No indoor swimming pool !!! The rooms are very snoisy (bad sound proofing). You can hear your neighbors talk.

Nice hotel, friendly staff, good location, great quality, great spa.

It was good.
    • Standard Room with City View

Rooms had few power plugs in it. Was cleaned well, but it generally feels like an old room. Needs to be upgraded in terms of technology and lighting etc...

Breakfast was nice